2.04/5

136 Jet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have placed 4 or 5 orders with Jet.com, and all but one were a disaster. And the one that wasn’t a disaster had 3 6-packs of water strewn all over the box, but none had opened. My most recent order was the last straw. I ordered a Dyson vacuum, which arrived strewn all over my floor. The box was ripped open and the parts had been dragged in the street. When I reported this to Jet. They sent me a return FedEx ground label, but wouldn’t send someone to pick it up. I will never order from Jet again, it’s just not worth the hassle.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Ordered a $140 mirror and received a completely different mirror. Contacted customer service and they arranged for pickup of the mirror for a refund, as they should, but it's a week later and I am still without the item I ordered. They didn't even offer a credit towards reordering the correct item. Should have just ordered from Amazon who will make things right if they make a mistake. Will not give this company my business again.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Jet's listing are wrong a lot of the time. If the listing says Case of 6, then that's what I should be sent, not a single jar. It's not the consumer's fault that you don't get your listings correct. I've also bought food items, and cat food that expired in a month. I was a HUGE fan of Jet when I first started buying from them, and I love the convenience of home delivery. I think they went downhill fast when Walmart got on board. One more thing, if you advertise a monthly sale, please try to have the sale start on the 1st of the month. For instance today is September 3, I do not see a promo code for pet supplies. I messaged Jet, and was told by the rep, that if I don't see a code, then she doesn't see the code either, so there must not be a code. Hey, why not ask a supervisor about it? Doing that keeps your customers happy, not continually frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have used Jet a few times and had been fairly satisfied with most aspects of the service. I love the concept but not the execution. My most recent order trickled in but the last straw for me was juice boxes for my kids estimated at taking over a week to arrive. I contacted customer service and to add insult to injury, was offered a $5 refund on a $149 order. Then was informed it was probably going to arrive sooner. Why can't Jet coordinate shipping details better? I was contacting Jet about the quality of service and satisfaction guarantee. Not even asking for a refund... But that's what I was offered! It's annoying getting boxes/food items delivered at random times and days throughout the week for those who aren't home 24/7.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I think the idea of getting groceries thru the mail without having to go to the grocery store is wonderful. Greatly reducing impulse buying, and, on some items, paying less for them (KAL Stevia in the 4 oz. bottle is almost half of what I pay in the health food store up here). I thought, wow, they even have fresh produce and dairy! The stuff came in two days in two boxes so large and heavy I could hardly lift them. I got them onto a dolly and wheeled them into the house, ok, fine. The things were mostly ok, the produce acceptable but not what I would have picked, but the packaging was so ridiculous I wondered why they launched this project in its current design.

There was actually more packaging than product, including two bags of dry ice (haven’t seen that in decades), and sixteen of those frozen gel bags like you use when you have a sprained ankle, weighing what, like a pound each? Big blobs of some kind of crappy insulation of paper and smashed up fiber, like carpet padding, and what all. So, I sent them an email to this effect and they said that they are working on new package options including using freezer storage bins that subscribers would keep on their property for deposit of goods when no one is home. Ok, but I dunno about the efficiency of this deal. Maybe it is cool for things that do not need freezing or refrigeration. I have reordered, but for non-perishable items only. So... better for some things, I guess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jet.com?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I’ve placed several orders with Jet during the past year. Three of those orders have arrived completely crushed and destroyed. Jet reuses old, flimsy boxes to ship and unfortunately, some do not last through the process, particularly with a heavy order (latest example: two 22 pound bags of dog food). When I received my most recent crushed box, it contained two large bags of dog food along with four bottles of method cleaning agents. The box was very thin, torn and crushed, it had old stickers on from a textile company, «made in Turkey», so this box has had too much mileage to reuse to pack and ship 44 pounds of pet food along with four bottles of liquid cleaning sprays. The method products had been crushed and spilled out all over the box (this happened last time I ordered cleaning supplies from them -I received a saturated box that I declined to accept). The bags of dog food were completely covered with stainless steel cleaner.

I called Jet for a lengthy customer service call. Long story short - I am responsible for printing out return labels, sending these items back, and then calling them to reship - but only once FedEx has taken this box back. So much for receiving my much needed dog food. Worst part - I ordered FOUR bags, they only shipped two, which are now soaked in chemicals. The rep had NO idea about the other two bags, which still haven’t shipped out. These were all allegedly «in stock» when I placed the order. Not to mention - once these bags of food go back - will they wipe them down and reship them to someone else??? This is terrible - and extremely stupid-customer service. Much too much time wasted with Jet. Never again!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I ordered a full grocery list this week for the first time from Jet. I was very pleased, as all items were expertly packed and everything was delivered in 2 days. The Kobi steak burgers and Jack Bakes Challah bread were outstanding. I got Meyer Lemons, red onions, eggs and a lot of dairy and everything was very fresh. The prices were fair. So, for me, I couldn’t be more pleased and I am grateful to be able to receive good products delivered to my home.

Original review: July 24, 2018

On two separate occasions, I attempted to order a simple bicycle from this company. It was a specific bike, of a selected design, and it was to be a gift, to a teen who dearly needed it. I had completed the order online, and I waited a week. I did check online again when delivery was near, and was met with a cancelled order and suspended account. In attempting to understand the additional verification, I proceeded to re-order the bike a second time. This order was acknowledged as approved, and shipment was to immediately follow, delivery expected in another 7 day period. I had managed my time such that I could receive the bike, and hopefully get it assembled right away.

The day of the expected delivery, I attempted to track it only to find out that it had been cancelled yet again, by the same department, for apparent reasons that are extraordinary. Apparently, of vital concern above consumer satisfaction, comes a marketing disease of the "re-sale" phenomenon, that is of no concern to me. After explaining unsuccessfully that this purchase was a gift, from me, to the addressee exclusively, My order was cataloged as a "RESALE" prospect to which it was to remain cancelled, and I was advised: "to shop elsewhere", in bold fashion. Never, in any type of purchase, from any store, have I not only been refused service, but my funds refused, and my money no good. I am still without a bicycle here, my checking account log is a mess, and a follow-up discussion with brats in customer service have proved futile.

This review, will be noted as the first of a great many letters written, and I hope that it may suit the reader with a better perspective of what should be, proper and positive online buying experiences. My experience with Jet.com service was categorically stupid, unappreciated, and summed up as a complete waste of time. Jet was offered an opportunity to correct, and all I got was more ridiculous excuses of policy and procedure that has no consequence about the purchase. You can choose a variety of adjectives to best describe this business, efficient and smart are not included.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I recently placed an order and fresh cherries were included. They arrived frozen with ice crystals on them. I call Jet to complain and was told that they were not going to refund my money because I have already complained about items in the past and I was ordering at my own risk. What a joke.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased a Proctor Silex Microwave oven from Jet.com last year. It is still under warranty. It stopped working. I called Proctor Silex and they will not honor the warranty because Jet.com isn't an authorized retailer for them. I also contacted Jet.com and they would not honor the warranty either. The customer service representative was very rude. He said "Well, considering the low price you paid, you got what you paid for". He basically insinuated the microwave was junk.

He then proceeded to tell me they didn't have any microwaves like mine in stock, but I could purchase another one for $65. I will never do business with them again. Be aware, if you purchase anything from them that is covered by a warranty and it needs fixed, they will not honor the warranty!

Original review: June 5, 2018

BEWARE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION IS NOT SAFE WITH JET.COM. If it was possible to give a minus rating, I would give it. The nightmare started on 05/30/2018 when I found a Jet.com package in front of my door. I had not ordered anything from this company in over a year. When I opened the package I found an Apple MacBook Air, which neither I or my husband had ordered. I called Jet.com to find out who had sent it to us when the "Jet Head" informed me that I had placed 3 orders between 05/28 & 5/29. The orders were for a MacBook Air, an HP Laptop, and a PlayStation 4.

I informed the representative that I had not ordered any of this items. Then was transferred to another department where they informed me that the Playstation order had been canceled on their end because they found it suspicious, yet they had shipped the MacBook and the HP Laptop was also on its way. The Jet Head said she was deactivating the account and emailing me a return authorization label to ship back the product via FedEx, and she was also contacting UPS to have the HP laptop return to them. I immediately went to FedEx and sent back the MacBook Air ($1032.00). On 05/31/2018 I received notification that they were crediting me for the HP laptop and it showed on my account.

However, today I was informed that even though I had returned the MacBook Air unopened as they requested it could take 10 to 14 business days for the credit to be issued and the charges to be credited to my account. Needless to say, I filed a dispute with my bank and also a police report. The orders were not placed by me, yet it was my credit card (the one Jet.com has on file) and SHIPPED TO ME. This had to be an internal Jet.com problem because no hacker is going to buy something and ship it to the people they are hacking.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had never dealt with this company before. I purchase a ton of products on Amazon, but found a particular product I was trying to obtain an older formulation of (as the newer formulation does not work as well). Jet.com advertised that they had this older formulation, so I called to confirm it was the older formulation, as featured in their advertising picture. When I called Jet.com I was forced to listen to their annoying canned hold message. No big deal. When I spoke to a very pleasant customer service rep, she informed me if I ordered 6 bottles of the product, if the formulation was the newer formulation, they would fully credit me and I would not even have to return the items. I was so pleasantly surprised and actually, rather shocked. I explained to their rep that Jet.com must really want to earn my business, as that is an unusual policy. She agreed that this policy is held to try attract new business and reassured me not to worry.

She instructed me to order them and if they were the older formulation, I could receive a full refund without even having to return the items. When I received the items, they were the new formulation. I was disappointed. However, I was pleased that I could merely throw the items away without hassling with having to repackage them and return them. I called to confirm this and I was rudely told they had no documentation of the customer service rep on the phone and that I would have to return everything by mailing it back and finding a FedEx box to deposit it. I will NEVER use this company again. They weren't even apologetic. I will stick to Amazon in the future. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Being handicapped and homebound when I discovered Jet sold fresh/frozen items I was excited to say the least, no longer having to wait for someone to find time to shop for me. I placed several orders for fresh/frozen and other items from them and was very satisfied both with the service and the CS dept. Then all of a sudden I receive an email saying fresh/frozen items were no longer available to my zip code, they are working on the packaging issues. I thought, "Ok it IS hot here in the midwest so surely come winter it will start up again." This was over a year ago and no restart as of yet.

A week ago I contacted Jet and asked when it would begin again and was given the standard answer "not sure". I had said it has been over a year and was basically told I was a liar! It was only this morning that I learned that WALMART had bought Jet out, (ok I am old and not up on this stuff!). Upon learning this it made it very clear to me as to why CS was so RUDE where they had always been very nice before, Walmart CS has never been nice and that is one reason I stopped buying from them online so now I am adding Jet to the don't buy from list of mine. I purchase a ton of stuff from Amazon every year and from now on they will be my FIRST "go to" of online retailers. Sorry just had to get my rant out!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Had coupon for discount. Jet gave me less than coupon value. When I called to inquire they told me if I bought more they could give me more off. This is NOT what coupon said. Customer service rep was rude and not helpful then sent an email and a card hoping my experience was good. NOT!!! I cancelled my order with Jet and I called Amazon to place order and told them story and they discounted my order to what Jet should have done. Wow! Great customer service Amazon. Bye bye Jet. Won't buy from you again. Jet, you lost a customer for life over a few dollars. Amazon, great investment! For a few dollars you have my loyalty and business and I've ordered over a thousand dollars worth of products from you.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Major advantage owned, Jet is owned by Walmart. This provides great shopping experiences since both have $35 minimum for FREE SHIPPING. Greater money savings capabilities afforded by comparison shopping between them. Best example is Jet sells 2 ** bottles of 60 ea (120 tablets) while Walmart stays with lower quantity ** tablets. Jet has best collection of current products plus variety of wholesale products.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchase two pairs of Nike, both did not work and I returned them. I had to put paper, or the like to fill the space for returning via FedEx, as they put and sent me two shoe boxes in a huge box with no filler. The boxes were rattling when I received them. More than that, they refunded me for only one pair and it took so long for the other one to refund. I had to open the case at credit card company. Customer services I talked did not sound professional at all. Finally I received the refund for the other pair, which I got relieved. I don't think I will use Jet.com in future.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Jet has surprised me- I took a chance on them 2 yeas ago and I have found better prices and faster service with Jet than others like Wayfair and Overstock to name a few. Great customer service too! I have built trust in their service over the last few purchases. Gaining ground with me!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Jet.com has really stepped up their game and is now my go to site instead of Amazon. I order everything online and do not go to the store for anything except for the fresh type of groceries. If it can be shipped, I order it online. But something has changed in the last few months with Amazon so I started comparing prices to Jet and Jet is cheaper! The stuff still gets to me in 1-2 days and they have the BEST customer service. The “jetheads” are the reps for Jet and they seriously want you to be a happy customer. They actually answer the phone and will be happy to talk to you and do whatever to get it right. Majority of my stuff has been switched Jet now. Amazon must have gotten “too big for their britches”.

I recommend you try Jet. But one piece of advice, ALWAYS check your delivery E.T.A. BEFORE you hit the final button to place any online order!!! Some items still come from 3rd party sellers and it could take several weeks or months to arrive and that isn’t clear UNTIL you hit the checkout button and view the delivery times on the final screen. Hope this helps. Good luck fellow jetlovers.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Dealing with Jet's C/S is like talking to a rock. I was interested in buying some plastic for my garden. I refuse to use Amazon. I contacted Jet after I did not see it on the web page. Well the person that I talked to had no idea other than what was on the web page. "Does the manufacturer have the side I was looking for." Reply, "I don't know. This is all we have." "Can you find out." "Sorry sir. This is all we have." Walmart guess what if you want to compete with AMAZON you're going to have to spend some money on people that have brains and not seat warmers. I went to the manufacturer to get WHAT I NEEDED.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Jet.com offers a variety of products from groceries to sundry and gift items, even designer labels. The minimum purchase for free shipping is reasonable and items always come in quickly and in excellent condition. I love Jet.com!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered an air purifier for my son. They sent a pressure cooker. When I called they said the back end of the website the warehouse uses shows a pressure cooker, but the front end used by consumers shows an air purifier, so it was not the warehouse's fault. I was sent a label to return the product and the label says: "Return label for Levoit Air Purifier." I sure hope I do not get charged because I am returning a pressure cooker! And, then I have to wait up to two weeks to see a refund.

Add to that, they have to research to see if they are able to sell the Levoit Air Purifier I ordered and they cannot guarantee it will be at the same price. If Jet wants to compete with Amazon, they should take some lessons from how Amazon supports customers that receive incorrect items or have other issues. When I received an incorrect item from Amazon, they not only sent me the correct item immediately (without waiting for me to return the other item) plus took off 10% of the price of the item I had originally ordered. They trusted that I was telling the truth and would return the incorrect item (which I did).

Original review: April 12, 2018

My son placed an order for a trash can, and had it shipped to me because where he lives is not safe and secure to receive packages. Because I had previously used a new customer coupon on Jet.com, and my son also used a new customer coupon, they canceled the order. When I explained he was a new customer, and simply used my address for shipping purposes, they didn't care. They were willing to lose two customers, over $7. Yes... $7. And I waited two weeks wondering what happened to the order. Jet is a second-rate company that wants to compete with Amazon, and can't. Buy your products elsewhere. The awful customer service isn't worth it!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've ordered from Jet.com several times. Most recently, I placed one order for 4 different items much as you do on Amazon. Jet.com pushed an authorization thru to my account for $0 (typical) and then a charge came thru for $50 (the total amount). Of course, as with most banks a charge will always be in pending status for a few days. Well, in the days after the order I started to see random smaller amount charges come thru to my account from Jet.com. When I contacted customer service, I was told they run a pre authorization hold and then each vendor charges you separately and your hold is not released until the final vendor charges. So essentially for the time being, Jet.com has a hold on double your money to buy their products and then you have to wait for your money back. This isn't made clear anywhere a consumer would think to look. For those with a small balance this may cause you to overdraft and incur fees! Beware!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Found Jet.com after I came to hate Amazon and their awful customer service. I called Jet's customer service before I placed the first order. Very pleasant, English-speaking lady... Assured me they were always eager to solve any problems. Been ordering for several months and there have been no problems. Shipments arrive on time and they don't charge you a yearly fee for prompt shipping. Very pleased.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We love Jet.com and their fresh food selection! As a busy mom living in a rural community it is awesome that they deliver my groceries next day!!! The packaging is always fantastic. Well insulated. Our fridge food always packed with plenty of reusable ice packs. And our frozen food packed with dry ice. Everything arrived perfect not a single broken egg or squished bread... And to top it all off it arrived in under 24 hours!!! I love not having to pay a membership fee! Everything we have ordered from food to clothing has always arrived promptly and just as we ordered it!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I ordered a bed from Jet.com with an expected delivery date of March 24th. On March 24th at around 4:00 pm I received an email stating that my delivery was delayed. Fine - these things happen. The problem? No updated delivery date, no further commutation, and as of April 4th still no bed! I email customer service on April 2nd with no response. Today, April 4th I take my lunch break to call and get things sorted out. A very cheery customer representative informs me that they have “no idea” where my order is and to hold while she contacts FedEx. Ok, fine. I’m still not upset. These things happen.

After holding for 10 minutes I’m told that she can’t do anything further and that FedEx will be calling me in 2 hours regarding the location of my package. Now I’m getting upset - why do I have to play telephone tag with FedEx? I’m the consumer, I don’t work for Jet. I phone them back after work and I’m informed that they can’t come up with any solutions to my missing delivery until 24-48 hours from now. (I.E canceling this order or shipping me a new order.) This means that a solution won’t even begin to be formed until 15 days after the original order was placed and 13 days after it was supposed to be delivered. So much for two day shipping. Frustrated and disappointed - will never order from them again. Why would you put up with this nonsense when there is Amazon?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I added over $200 of gas patio columns to my shopping cart. While I was locating my credit card, the cart asked me for all my info, billing, shipping etc. I clicked CHECK OUT and was told my items were sold out. No notice, no time warning, nothing. Received a canned cheery email from customer service saying she's so sorry and something to the effect that I did something wrong. I had to email a second time explaining the items weren't simply sitting in my cart, I was checking out and I was told that "not entirely impossible". Terrible service. I won't be back.

Original review: March 28, 2018

6 months ago I bought a relatively expensive bike from a third party through Jet.com, a little more than $1700. The seller sells the same bike in different colors/sizes. When I get my bike it's a different color/size than ordered. I immediately contacted the seller with pictures and they apologized and told me to send it back for full refund or exchange.

It was back in their possession ~ 1 week later, and the day after the seller receives the bike I get the most random email ever from Jet.com saying thanks for cooperating with their "investigation", in which they had sided with the seller in refusing to refund, or exchange the bike since I "destroyed" the first "beyond repair or resale".

Provided in the email as evidence of the total destruction was a picture of a frayed leather hand grip, some scratches on a seat post and a screenshot of the seller calling me a fraud and demanding Jet.com help them. It didn't even matter that I had my own pictures/evidence and was never given a chance to actually cooperate with the investigation.

Furthermore Jet.com customer service explained that they had arranged for the seller to "destroy or dispose" of the first bike within the next two days unless I immediately sent them a prepaid shipping label. Oh yeah, and they terminated my account. I ended up having to file a dispute with the bank, and I won but it was sickening to know that jet was actively and eagerly working against me to help this seller essentially steal my money.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Bought 3 of the Best Choice Products Water Hose Reel Cart 300 FT which had a 5 star rating. Started rusting the first week. Completely rusted through and needs to be thrown away and they say they have a 30 day return policy. Did not care that the one star and pictures were placed on their website, amazing it did not change the 5 star rating with only 9 reviews. They should be ashamed of selling such bad products. Maybe other people can lose a lot of money but most of us cannot. Will never buy from them again. Back to Amazon!

Original review: March 17, 2018

My order did not go as well as I had hoped. I sent them the following feedback: "I recently ordered two items from you, and there were some issues: 1) The estimated arrival date for both items was a week off, but in a good way. They both unexpectedly arrived today, instead of a week from today. Still, I hope that the arrival estimates can be tightened up, so that people aren’t caught off guard with unexpected deliveries.

"2) One of the legs on the chair had two places where the silver paint had been chipped off, exposing the black metal underneath. 3) The packaging on the mouse was very torn up and damaged, leading me to believe it was a refurb. Fortunately, it is working fine. I hope this may help you better evaluate your suppliers." This was sent on 3/8/2018. So far no response. The orders were placed on 3/2/2018. The chair and mouse were for my son and his new gaming computer. He didn't care about the chipped paint on the chair leg, so I guess we're okay. Still, not the optimal experience.

Jet.com Company Information