2.03/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

149 Jet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

As another poster stated, I bought the Paw Patrol Tower from Jet.com, which clearly indicated on their site that the product was in stock. My order sat in "processing" status for seven days. When I contacted Jet.com customer service as to when it would ship, they blew me off, told me they did not know when, could not give me a tracking number and would not, under any circumstance refund my money. They basically said I was out of luck. So essentially, they took my money, and then brazenly told me that they were going to keep my money and would, maybe, send the product I paid for out in some future time frame that they could not identify.

I informed customer service that it is a criminal act to take money for an item that they did not intend or could not verify that they would send to me. Customer Service did not care, would not cancel my order and told me I was out of luck. So this morning, I get an email from Jet.com stating that my product would not ship in time for Christmas, and under these circumstances, they would cancel my order and refund my money, in approximately 3 days. They made it sound like they were doing me some kind of special favor in canceling my order and refunding the money they took from me. This was 10 days after I had made the initial order.

**DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY**. If you order from them, and do not cancel the order within 30 minutes, you are out of luck. Basically Jet.com will hold your money hostage and ship what you ordered in any time frame they so chose, from days, weeks, months or years perhaps. They will never commit to a delivery time frame. They have an F rating at the Better Business Bureau with hundreds of similar complaints, so my experience with Jet.com is not unique. Never, never again will I do business with this company again and I urged everyone who reads this to encourage others not to do business with this company either.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Like other reviewers have written, I purchased items from Jet and was told they would be shipped within a few business days. I ordered my item on Dec 10th with plenty of time to arrive before Christmas. However, I got an email on the day it was supposed to be delivered saying there was a "problem" and the item couldn't be shipped. Upon calling they didn't even ask my name but said, "are you calling about the PAW patrol tower? Because it's a known issue." So without even stating anything about me they basically disclosed how they way oversold the PAW Patrol tower and have none to ship.

So I asked to cancel my order since no one could even tell me if or when the product may actually be shipped and I was told, "You CAN'T CANCEL ORDERS." That is right, even when they lie to you and tell you that you purchased something, tell you it's shipping and will arrive in a couple of days, and then tell you it was actually all fake and there is no product they won't refund you and will keep your money until someday (whenever the hell they want) they find your product and ship it... THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY!!! AMAZON.com baby is the way to go!!! Do not be fooled by JET!!!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I made a purchase with Jet on 12/5/18. I was leery due to the negative reviews I had read. Well I received an email from Jet stating my package would be guaranteed to arrive by 12/13/18. Well, I get an email today that informed me my purchase will arrive today 12/7/18! WOW! I’m very happy! Not to mention the shipping box is in perfect condition! Thanks Jet!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I order 2 tires from them. They grab my every information and send me nothing. They set the price on internet lower than others and then after you order it they said that the order you purchase ran out of stock. So don't trust them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought MW Polar Brisling sardines (in glass jars) from the website at a really great price and received the package (free delivery) a couple of days later. Unfortunately a couple of jars had leaked creating a bit of a mess. The customer service responded very promptly without missing a beat and not only gave me a credit for the jars that had leaked but sent me replacements completely free of charge and included free shipping. I was very impressed with the service, the extremely swift response and generosity in taking care of the problem. They are obviously very committed to providing excellent customer service. Highly recommended.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jet.com?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Bought time sensitive presents for my grandkids. Toys did not arrive as promised, after inquiring with Jet.com was told FedEx had damaged boxes during transport. I asked when was I going to be notified by Jet that packages were damaged, Don a condescending jerk supervisor at Jet.com said policy is Jet doesn’t notify customers. They will however return my money in 10 to 12 business days. What a racket, nice way to finance a company hanging on to other's money. So I don’t have gifts and I’m out my money for two weeks. I say Jet.com crashed and burned with me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I am a big Amazon Prime customer and was leery about Jet. I could not have been any happier with Jet -- and they far exceeded what Prime service has now become. The product packaging arrived a couple days late with some damage, the boots inside were perfectly fine. As far as late -- it was no problem -- and Prime is late more often as well. But the damaged box concerned me based on a past bad experience with a non-Prime online company that refused me a full refund when the item was returned in what they claimed was packaging not in same condition as sent. This other company had been relentless and outright nasty in their refusal to refund me more than half.

I immediately contacted Jet to report package damage in case I had to return. Their response was swift and extremely assuring. It turns out I did have to return -- and not only was I refunded in full as they said they would -- they refunded what had to have been the instant UPS scanned the item! But beyond that -- I actually then got a cute postcard in the mail from "Aubry, Jet Head" with a handwritten note expressing excitement at having been able to help me with a nice Thank You. WOW WOW WOW!!! This kind of personal touch in today's online world is unheard of -- and I cannot express how special and appreciated I feel as a customer. I will be looking to Jet more now for shopping with excitement and delight based on the amazing first time experience I had!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Here is the third review I have submitted regarding the BELLEZE Outdoor Canopy Swing Motion Gilder Converting Patio Rocking Chair UV Blocker 3 Seat Flatbed Cool Seater Burgundy I purchased. The review is 100% accurate and they will not post it. The only review they posted was a 5 Star rating that is clearly a false and misleading review. They have ZERO customer service and failed to respond or reach out to me as a dissatisfied consumer. I will never show with Jet again!

"Absolute Junk!!! Beware!!! Pros - None! Cons - Absolute garbage! Best Uses - Junk pile. This swing is complete and total junk!! All plastic parts on the canopy that shred with the first strong wind. The stitching on the cushion and pillows is not uniform, inconstant and not straight. The pillows are embarrassing. The material fades within one week in the sunshine. The swing seat itself bows when a 130 lb person sits on it. Dare to seat three average size people or two large and the swing will be rendered useless as you will be on the ground. Do not waste your money... BEWARE!!! This is the third time I have submitted a review and in typical fashion it will NOT be published because Jet is proving themselves to be just another dishonest online marketer and will only publish false reviews. Was this a gift? No. Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend."

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I bought a starter motor for an Imperial diesel engine through Jet. The company that actually sent the item was Rare Electric. Although it was the only starter motor listed for this particular engine it did not work. It was too big for the space available. I did find a starter motor from another source that did work perfectly. I have been trying to return this item for credit but get the run around from Rare Electric. They no longer even return my Emails. Unless the situation changes, I will no longer do business with Jet and will tell all my friends about my experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I bought 4 pairs of Skechers advertised as health care work footwear with arch support. These sneakers cannot be true Skechers as I've owned several pairs. There was no arch support, barely any memory foam and the heel bent into your heel causing blisters. I listed 1 hour into an 8 hr shift before I had to buy some cheap sneakers so I could finish my shift. I thought maybe this was just a breaking in period. Jet was of no help since I missed the 30 day return policy so now I'm stuck with $190 of unwearable sneakers. Very questionable business practice. Supply of products unknown. Possible counterfeit.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Water filter for my refrigerator made loud grinding noise, another was sent but had the same issue and I just had to toss both. Nerf bars for my car came with illegible and faded instructions, referred me back to manufacturer who refused to send new instructions and instead told me I could find them online. I then couldn't reach anyone and my calls went unanswered at the manufacturer's. $200 and they are still sitting in my storage. Unable to log in to Jet.com now and they wouldn't help me to reset my acct, even after I tried myself and said they were having issues. Same excuse for 3 months straight and still locked out.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I'm homebound so I order household goods online and have used Jet for almost 2 years. They were a little strange sending separate packages but their prices were good and stuff got to me on time. Now they have upgraded I see from my new request. They have high prices, less choice and a really clunky site. I never had these problems before. I hope at least the stuff I just ordered comes alright but I see Walmart's hand in this and have a feeling I'm not going to use them unless they up their choices and fix their system. The ordering I just did took forever and all the choices I used to have with them are gone and prices are way up.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My order due date was past due for about a week. I emailed the company to figure out why. They said it should be here in a few days and gave me the number to the pilot delivering it if I didn't receive anything. 2 days later I called the pilot. after a few minutes being put on hold come to find out the mattress was accidentally delivered to Phoenix Arizona not Phoenix NY. told me it should take a few weeks to get sent back to me & gave me a $25 credit for my "inconvenience" 2 weeks later it finally got delivered.

It was supposed to be a twin mattress and box spring matching set. What was delivered to my house was a Queen mattress and no Box spring?!? Ummmm... Jet did refund me half the money to my account to go out and buy a box spring locally. And whatever I got a bigger bed for a good price. But I just want you to be informed. EVERYTHING that could have went wrong did go wrong with this order and I will not be ever ordering from Jet again. You can take that $25 and update your system so other people's orders don't get messed up beyond belief

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have placed 4 or 5 orders with Jet.com, and all but one were a disaster. And the one that wasn’t a disaster had 3 6-packs of water strewn all over the box, but none had opened. My most recent order was the last straw. I ordered a Dyson vacuum, which arrived strewn all over my floor. The box was ripped open and the parts had been dragged in the street. When I reported this to Jet. They sent me a return FedEx ground label, but wouldn’t send someone to pick it up. I will never order from Jet again, it’s just not worth the hassle.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Ordered a $140 mirror and received a completely different mirror. Contacted customer service and they arranged for pickup of the mirror for a refund, as they should, but it's a week later and I am still without the item I ordered. They didn't even offer a credit towards reordering the correct item. Should have just ordered from Amazon who will make things right if they make a mistake. Will not give this company my business again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Jet's listing are wrong a lot of the time. If the listing says Case of 6, then that's what I should be sent, not a single jar. It's not the consumer's fault that you don't get your listings correct. I've also bought food items, and cat food that expired in a month. I was a HUGE fan of Jet when I first started buying from them, and I love the convenience of home delivery. I think they went downhill fast when Walmart got on board. One more thing, if you advertise a monthly sale, please try to have the sale start on the 1st of the month. For instance today is September 3, I do not see a promo code for pet supplies. I messaged Jet, and was told by the rep, that if I don't see a code, then she doesn't see the code either, so there must not be a code. Hey, why not ask a supervisor about it? Doing that keeps your customers happy, not continually frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have used Jet a few times and had been fairly satisfied with most aspects of the service. I love the concept but not the execution. My most recent order trickled in but the last straw for me was juice boxes for my kids estimated at taking over a week to arrive. I contacted customer service and to add insult to injury, was offered a $5 refund on a $149 order. Then was informed it was probably going to arrive sooner. Why can't Jet coordinate shipping details better? I was contacting Jet about the quality of service and satisfaction guarantee. Not even asking for a refund... But that's what I was offered! It's annoying getting boxes/food items delivered at random times and days throughout the week for those who aren't home 24/7.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I think the idea of getting groceries thru the mail without having to go to the grocery store is wonderful. Greatly reducing impulse buying, and, on some items, paying less for them (KAL Stevia in the 4 oz. bottle is almost half of what I pay in the health food store up here). I thought, wow, they even have fresh produce and dairy! The stuff came in two days in two boxes so large and heavy I could hardly lift them. I got them onto a dolly and wheeled them into the house, ok, fine. The things were mostly ok, the produce acceptable but not what I would have picked, but the packaging was so ridiculous I wondered why they launched this project in its current design.

There was actually more packaging than product, including two bags of dry ice (haven’t seen that in decades), and sixteen of those frozen gel bags like you use when you have a sprained ankle, weighing what, like a pound each? Big blobs of some kind of crappy insulation of paper and smashed up fiber, like carpet padding, and what all. So, I sent them an email to this effect and they said that they are working on new package options including using freezer storage bins that subscribers would keep on their property for deposit of goods when no one is home. Ok, but I dunno about the efficiency of this deal. Maybe it is cool for things that do not need freezing or refrigeration. I have reordered, but for non-perishable items only. So... better for some things, I guess.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I’ve placed several orders with Jet during the past year. Three of those orders have arrived completely crushed and destroyed. Jet reuses old, flimsy boxes to ship and unfortunately, some do not last through the process, particularly with a heavy order (latest example: two 22 pound bags of dog food). When I received my most recent crushed box, it contained two large bags of dog food along with four bottles of method cleaning agents. The box was very thin, torn and crushed, it had old stickers on from a textile company, «made in Turkey», so this box has had too much mileage to reuse to pack and ship 44 pounds of pet food along with four bottles of liquid cleaning sprays. The method products had been crushed and spilled out all over the box (this happened last time I ordered cleaning supplies from them -I received a saturated box that I declined to accept). The bags of dog food were completely covered with stainless steel cleaner.

I called Jet for a lengthy customer service call. Long story short - I am responsible for printing out return labels, sending these items back, and then calling them to reship - but only once FedEx has taken this box back. So much for receiving my much needed dog food. Worst part - I ordered FOUR bags, they only shipped two, which are now soaked in chemicals. The rep had NO idea about the other two bags, which still haven’t shipped out. These were all allegedly «in stock» when I placed the order. Not to mention - once these bags of food go back - will they wipe them down and reship them to someone else??? This is terrible - and extremely stupid-customer service. Much too much time wasted with Jet. Never again!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I ordered a full grocery list this week for the first time from Jet. I was very pleased, as all items were expertly packed and everything was delivered in 2 days. The Kobi steak burgers and Jack Bakes Challah bread were outstanding. I got Meyer Lemons, red onions, eggs and a lot of dairy and everything was very fresh. The prices were fair. So, for me, I couldn’t be more pleased and I am grateful to be able to receive good products delivered to my home.

Original review: July 24, 2018

On two separate occasions, I attempted to order a simple bicycle from this company. It was a specific bike, of a selected design, and it was to be a gift, to a teen who dearly needed it. I had completed the order online, and I waited a week. I did check online again when delivery was near, and was met with a cancelled order and suspended account. In attempting to understand the additional verification, I proceeded to re-order the bike a second time. This order was acknowledged as approved, and shipment was to immediately follow, delivery expected in another 7 day period. I had managed my time such that I could receive the bike, and hopefully get it assembled right away.

The day of the expected delivery, I attempted to track it only to find out that it had been cancelled yet again, by the same department, for apparent reasons that are extraordinary. Apparently, of vital concern above consumer satisfaction, comes a marketing disease of the "re-sale" phenomenon, that is of no concern to me. After explaining unsuccessfully that this purchase was a gift, from me, to the addressee exclusively, My order was cataloged as a "RESALE" prospect to which it was to remain cancelled, and I was advised: "to shop elsewhere", in bold fashion. Never, in any type of purchase, from any store, have I not only been refused service, but my funds refused, and my money no good. I am still without a bicycle here, my checking account log is a mess, and a follow-up discussion with brats in customer service have proved futile.

This review, will be noted as the first of a great many letters written, and I hope that it may suit the reader with a better perspective of what should be, proper and positive online buying experiences. My experience with Jet.com service was categorically stupid, unappreciated, and summed up as a complete waste of time. Jet was offered an opportunity to correct, and all I got was more ridiculous excuses of policy and procedure that has no consequence about the purchase. You can choose a variety of adjectives to best describe this business, efficient and smart are not included.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I recently placed an order and fresh cherries were included. They arrived frozen with ice crystals on them. I call Jet to complain and was told that they were not going to refund my money because I have already complained about items in the past and I was ordering at my own risk. What a joke.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased a Proctor Silex Microwave oven from Jet.com last year. It is still under warranty. It stopped working. I called Proctor Silex and they will not honor the warranty because Jet.com isn't an authorized retailer for them. I also contacted Jet.com and they would not honor the warranty either. The customer service representative was very rude. He said "Well, considering the low price you paid, you got what you paid for". He basically insinuated the microwave was junk.

He then proceeded to tell me they didn't have any microwaves like mine in stock, but I could purchase another one for $65. I will never do business with them again. Be aware, if you purchase anything from them that is covered by a warranty and it needs fixed, they will not honor the warranty!

Original review: June 5, 2018

BEWARE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION IS NOT SAFE WITH JET.COM. If it was possible to give a minus rating, I would give it. The nightmare started on 05/30/2018 when I found a Jet.com package in front of my door. I had not ordered anything from this company in over a year. When I opened the package I found an Apple MacBook Air, which neither I or my husband had ordered. I called Jet.com to find out who had sent it to us when the "Jet Head" informed me that I had placed 3 orders between 05/28 & 5/29. The orders were for a MacBook Air, an HP Laptop, and a PlayStation 4.

I informed the representative that I had not ordered any of this items. Then was transferred to another department where they informed me that the Playstation order had been canceled on their end because they found it suspicious, yet they had shipped the MacBook and the HP Laptop was also on its way. The Jet Head said she was deactivating the account and emailing me a return authorization label to ship back the product via FedEx, and she was also contacting UPS to have the HP laptop return to them. I immediately went to FedEx and sent back the MacBook Air ($1032.00). On 05/31/2018 I received notification that they were crediting me for the HP laptop and it showed on my account.

However, today I was informed that even though I had returned the MacBook Air unopened as they requested it could take 10 to 14 business days for the credit to be issued and the charges to be credited to my account. Needless to say, I filed a dispute with my bank and also a police report. The orders were not placed by me, yet it was my credit card (the one Jet.com has on file) and SHIPPED TO ME. This had to be an internal Jet.com problem because no hacker is going to buy something and ship it to the people they are hacking.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had never dealt with this company before. I purchase a ton of products on Amazon, but found a particular product I was trying to obtain an older formulation of (as the newer formulation does not work as well). Jet.com advertised that they had this older formulation, so I called to confirm it was the older formulation, as featured in their advertising picture. When I called Jet.com I was forced to listen to their annoying canned hold message. No big deal. When I spoke to a very pleasant customer service rep, she informed me if I ordered 6 bottles of the product, if the formulation was the newer formulation, they would fully credit me and I would not even have to return the items. I was so pleasantly surprised and actually, rather shocked. I explained to their rep that Jet.com must really want to earn my business, as that is an unusual policy. She agreed that this policy is held to try attract new business and reassured me not to worry.

She instructed me to order them and if they were the older formulation, I could receive a full refund without even having to return the items. When I received the items, they were the new formulation. I was disappointed. However, I was pleased that I could merely throw the items away without hassling with having to repackage them and return them. I called to confirm this and I was rudely told they had no documentation of the customer service rep on the phone and that I would have to return everything by mailing it back and finding a FedEx box to deposit it. I will NEVER use this company again. They weren't even apologetic. I will stick to Amazon in the future. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Being handicapped and homebound when I discovered Jet sold fresh/frozen items I was excited to say the least, no longer having to wait for someone to find time to shop for me. I placed several orders for fresh/frozen and other items from them and was very satisfied both with the service and the CS dept. Then all of a sudden I receive an email saying fresh/frozen items were no longer available to my zip code, they are working on the packaging issues. I thought, "Ok it IS hot here in the midwest so surely come winter it will start up again." This was over a year ago and no restart as of yet.

A week ago I contacted Jet and asked when it would begin again and was given the standard answer "not sure". I had said it has been over a year and was basically told I was a liar! It was only this morning that I learned that WALMART had bought Jet out, (ok I am old and not up on this stuff!). Upon learning this it made it very clear to me as to why CS was so RUDE where they had always been very nice before, Walmart CS has never been nice and that is one reason I stopped buying from them online so now I am adding Jet to the don't buy from list of mine. I purchase a ton of stuff from Amazon every year and from now on they will be my FIRST "go to" of online retailers. Sorry just had to get my rant out!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Had coupon for discount. Jet gave me less than coupon value. When I called to inquire they told me if I bought more they could give me more off. This is NOT what coupon said. Customer service rep was rude and not helpful then sent an email and a card hoping my experience was good. NOT!!! I cancelled my order with Jet and I called Amazon to place order and told them story and they discounted my order to what Jet should have done. Wow! Great customer service Amazon. Bye bye Jet. Won't buy from you again. Jet, you lost a customer for life over a few dollars. Amazon, great investment! For a few dollars you have my loyalty and business and I've ordered over a thousand dollars worth of products from you.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Major advantage owned, Jet is owned by Walmart. This provides great shopping experiences since both have $35 minimum for FREE SHIPPING. Greater money savings capabilities afforded by comparison shopping between them. Best example is Jet sells 2 ** bottles of 60 ea (120 tablets) while Walmart stays with lower quantity ** tablets. Jet has best collection of current products plus variety of wholesale products.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchase two pairs of Nike, both did not work and I returned them. I had to put paper, or the like to fill the space for returning via FedEx, as they put and sent me two shoe boxes in a huge box with no filler. The boxes were rattling when I received them. More than that, they refunded me for only one pair and it took so long for the other one to refund. I had to open the case at credit card company. Customer services I talked did not sound professional at all. Finally I received the refund for the other pair, which I got relieved. I don't think I will use Jet.com in future.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Jet has surprised me- I took a chance on them 2 yeas ago and I have found better prices and faster service with Jet than others like Wayfair and Overstock to name a few. Great customer service too! I have built trust in their service over the last few purchases. Gaining ground with me!

Jet.com Company Information