hhgregg

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My family lost everything in the flood in August 2016 in Baton Rouge. We used our insurance funds to purchase appliances from hhgregg on February 17, 2017. Before they even filed chapter 11, they cancelled our purchase - THE SAME DAY WE PAID, which tells me they never planned to deliver our appliances BUT they kept & cashed the check! They continued to lie & say they were scheduling delivery dates (5 times) but each time, no one showed up & no one called us. Each time we called to find out what was going on, there was never any record of a scheduled delivery - I guess not if they cancelled our purchase on February 17, 2017 - which, by the way, we didn't find out about until April 10, 2017 when I called to check the status of delivery for today, April 14, 2017!

That is theft! They stole our money knowing they would soon be filing bankruptcy & this was a way to get away with this! I'm beyond furious that this major corporation is being allowed to steal from people who are already being taken advantage of by so many on top of losing everything we owned to a natural disaster. It's sad, despicable, deplorable & felonious! After reading all the reviews from people going through the same things - cancelled deliveries with no notice, unconcerned customer "service", lack of willing to assist, unfair practices - selling your paid for appliances, selling items not in stock, cancelling orders, etc. - it's no wonder they are going out of business. Hhgregg, WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK. This is NOT fair.

Yesterday I purchased a display microwave, a TV bracket and a discounted Grill. The sign said 30% off. It didn't say that possible parts were missing or as is. Upon leaving I noticed the ignitor was damaged and one other part missing. The man who helped me put it in the truck was very kind and we were going to try and locate the missing parts from another box. When I opened one of the boxes a very loud voice from the other side of the store "You can't do that." The operations manager Ty ** is who said this. I was so shocked by the way she was treating me I decided to record it on my phone. She did not like this and said she was going to call the police. I welcome to that option. The police never came and I waited. She is very untrained, unprofessional and rude. There was no resolution only rudeness to my problem. Very upset.

A year and 4 months ago my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire fridge and Dishwasher from HHgregg. All was well. We bought them, set up delivery and purchased an extended warranty. So we thought! The day before delivery I sold our current fridge and dishwasher making room for the new appliances. As I sit and wait for a phone call in the morning for a window time like I was told, I then turn to my husband and state we still yet have not received one. I proceed to contact the store to find out my delivery was never scheduled. Instead they scheduled for the water hose and ice machine to be set up! Funny how they went about that being we did not even have the appliances in the home?!

So of course I am told how extremely sorry they are! They will be there on Monday with the new appliances! Well I was having none of this being I just sold all my old ones! Also that I am a customer who just spent thousands with the company, I think they could have tried a bit harder to make things work!!! At this point in time I ended up with the floor model for the dishwasher and the fridge days later!!

Now a year and 4 months later you would think I would be done with the stress of hhgregg! Well guess again! This past Sunday evening April 2, 2017 I start to smell burning plastic! Immediately I get my husband as we spent an hour trying to figure out the source of the smell! At this point in time an electrician arrived at the home. My husband and I think the issue is inside the wall. He pulls out the fridge and starts to take it apart. He then starts to yell, "Unplug it. Unplug. It's catching fire!!!" Thank God we caught this soon enough! If the situation were to arise while we were asleep or the dog home alone this situation could of been much worse!!! Now at this point in time I call our realtor due to the fact we are selling the home and have a warranty at the moment!

The following day the technician shows up. He states that the ice machine was used then the starter caught fire and seized the compressor. The fridge is now no good. He then advised us to get back in contact with hhgregg! I was dreading doing. That being why we went with the route of the home warranty company. Due to the fact we knew hhgregg was horrible!! So at this point in time I contact the company, tell them the situation, being aware that we have the extended warranty. I am told they can only schedule for someone to come to our home that Monday. Now this is a week later!

Let me reminded you we have two small children in the home. I have absolutely no groceries! My breast milk 4 months worth gone and ruined! Now they did state they would reimburse the food in the fridge! BUT what about all the meals I have to buy for five days now! Not only am I out a fridge and could of been out a home as well! I am out a fridge full of food. Spending tons to eat out! I feel as if my situation should be a priority! This could have been extremely worse and should not be taken so lightly!! Hhgregg only ran me in circles speaking with different representatives! Myself having to call them back when being told I would receive a call back!! I have asked multiple multiple times to speak to corporate!! I know that people purchase warranties every day! And I am more than positive that more than half will not get used so take care of the ones who need it!

HHgregg has no concern for their customers! They have lost our business! I also will be writing a review on Frigidaire as well! I had to get in contact with as well to tell them about the product!! Why do people have jobs! When the customers are doing all the work! I have a job I should not have to try and move up a repair day. I should not have to call Frigidaire, they should! End of rant! I am extremely upset and stressed with the situation I am faced with at the moment! I hope this does good for another family so they do not have to endure the stress we are at the moment.

Deserve to be out of Business. Went to hhgregg Springfield VA and pointed out microwave that I wanted to buy. Salesman loaded it into my car and when I got home and unloaded the microwave, realized that I was given the wrong microwave. They would not allow me to exchange it because the store was being liquidated. Contacted customer service and the Corporate service and got absolutely NO assistance. I am now out $250 and have a microwave that does not fit in my kitchen. Thanks for nothing hhgregg!

Purchased a computer and extended warranty. The computer started shutting down. They sent a tech with a part to put it. It did not fix it. They put a program on the computer to measure the heat in the computer. It showed one hot symbol. They sent the tech again a few days later and another part. They ran the program again and had all kinds of fire signs on it. They said because it didn't shut down immediately as it was it was fine. The tech tried to tell them there was something still wrong. Warrantech people told him it was fine and to leave.

Two days later the computer literally blew up. It had fire and smoke coming out of it. Called HHGregg again and they said they would call back in one day. Now a week later we talked to the Vendor Relations Supervisor and was informed that they will only give us $517.99 back on a $739.99 purchase. Take it or leave it. We can have a $222.00 store credit that can only be spent at their store. Explain there was nothing else we need -- just a desktop computer, which they no longer sell.

Asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she would pass on the message. Her attitude said "Don't hold your breath -- we got your money and there is nothing you can do about it." DON'T BUY ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY ITEMS THAT DEALS WITH WARRANTECH or their parent company... They do not honor their warranties... Do not buy from hhgregg... They will hold you hostage to buy from store credits. Now I sit and wonder if we will ever see any of our money after the attitudes of these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hhgregg?

I phoned hhgregg on March 17th 2017 and explained that my 1 and a half year old Maytag washer was not operating. I explained that the electronic message stated DL which by looking in the customer handbook in the troubleshooting it stated that that meant Door Lock. I spoke with a agent at the following number 877-456-9643. I explained that I had paid $149.00 for the 5 yr extended warranty. I was then told I would receive a call in 1-2 business days. I waited 3 business days and phoned back to the same number I had called with my claim #**. I was then told that there was a search for a repair company that would be getting back to me the next day for sure. That also, did not happen.

I then phoned again the next day on March 23rd and was told that Park Appliance Repair center would be here Friday the 24th. I waited until 2:30 pm and I phoned the repair company and asked what time they would be at my house to fix my washer. I was then told it would now be Monday March 27th. I then phoned them again and the person at Park Appliance said not today. They said it would be more like Friday the 31st and told me. "... by the way mam, we will look at it and then we have to get permission to order a part for the door lock and then come a later time to install it." Which will be more like 1 to 2 weeks total!!

There are 5 people in my household and I can't use my washer! I am disabled due to cancer/leukemia. I can't go to the laundromat and use their washer! I am not physically able. I then re-phoned HHGREGG customer service and the agent apologized but, suggested that I pay for a Maytag repairman to come and repair my washer which she said it would cost between $150-$200 and then try to get reimbursed for my out of pocket cost. I find this totally UNACCEPTABLE! I have been lied to Over and Over again! Don't buy the WARRANTY!! It is VERY MISLEADING!

We purchased a LG 65 inch 4k TV. Although we never strayed from a Samsung. We allowed the salesperson Brad to persuade us to take a look at the LG. He said that it was a top contender with Samsung, if not better, so we bought it. He (Brad) never told us about the cord needed to get the picture that was displayed in store. Also we bought the Bose sound bar and woofer and of course that sound was amazing! But the Bose was demonstrated by Brad with this digital control that we thought came with the system as advertised. But when we got it home, it did not. Two things happened. We found the TV for $100 cheaper on Amazon and was told if, "when buying the TV that they would give us the difference." So we went back to try to collect our difference. The general manager yells "That's only if Our store has a price drop." Again, that was not told to us by the salesperson.

So I showed the Reggie that his store as well had the same TV for less. Man you would have thought this money was coming out of his pocket. He sure didn't want to honor that. But eventually we got our money back after arguing with the general manager. Him, being upset, of us, speaking about how the salesperson neglected to tell us about the cord as he sold us the TV. Customers are never right at this store. I just wanted him to admit that we should have been told about the cord. We didn't live around the corner and we would have gotten the cord with the purchase of the TV, if so mentioned. We purchased the cord at Best Buy.

We refuse to put any more of our money back into this establishment. But I couldn't stomach the way we were treated after spending 3k with this store. We returned the TV and general manager Reggie with his bad attitude and cheap suit wearing **. Had the audacity to charge us a 20% restocking fee. Which he repeated saying several times making sure we heard that we had to pay for restocking. It didn't bother us as much as it seemed to bother him. I would have paid 50%. But it was no way in hell that we were keeping this TV! So Ultimately we got our Samsung from Costco. The end! PS, I have been in Georgia for less than a year and this was the worst that we have been treated as a consumer and I would recommend you NOT spend your money here!!!

Scam scam scam. Purchasers beware. Ok so three year ago I purchase an appliance set from hhgregg on their store credit card. So the salesman informed me of no interest if paid in full by three years. He set my payments up and I asked him if the minimum payment showed would have it paid off in the time period. "Yes Sir," he said. So the payments were 85 dollars a month and made payment 100 to 150 a month. Now on my last statement came and it 1800 dollars back finance charge. Which with the remaining balance that the amount owed to what. My balance was when I made the purchase. So unless you like paying twice for something. DON'T FALL FOR IT.

The reason for my review is to let other individuals know what has happened, so they do not make the same mistake as I did and purchase from HH Gregg. On February 07, 2017 I had purchased a Cooktop from HH Gregg in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. I had made the purchase with the understanding that the Cooktop from HH Gregg would be in on February 22, 2017. Plans were made around that delivery, because a countertop needed to be installed. I had called the Reynoldsburg HH Gregg on February 20th to confirm the delivery date for February 22nd and I was told by a salesman that everything was still good to go and the Cooktop would be on the delivery truck February 22nd.

On February 22nd I called the store to find out about a pickup time and the Cooktop never arrived. I continued to try to find out what happened and the salesperson said that it would take another 2 weeks for delivery and even then they couldn't guarantee when it would be in. So I had to cancel the order. When I called the Reynoldsburg store on March 1st to double check it being cancelled and my refund. I was told that the order was cancelled, but because I paid with a check I needed to have HH Gregg send me a refund check in the mail. The salesperson said that they did and that the refund check was in the mail.

By March 15th (approximately) I called the Reynoldsburg store to check on the refund check and the manager said to me that I needed to call their audit sales department. So I tried calling their audit sales department, but you have to go through their customer service department first. So I called their customer service line and called and called and called. Finally, I had gotten through and the representative informed me that HH Gregg filed Bankruptcy. Supposedly a check is in the mail. How many times have we heard that!!! Shame on them for being dishonest.

Bought an entire suite of GE Profile appliances for new house from Anderson, SC store in November 2016. Salesman and manager committed to hold until new house complete. Called for deliver 10 days before needed delivery. Now, they tell us a salesman in Greenville, SC sold our range and they won't be able to deliver until they can reorder. My recommendation, don't buy from hhgregg, their customer service failed before and now they are bankrupt, the employees just don't care.

I purchased a $3500.00 set of bedding on February 25th with a promised delivery of March 3rd. On March 3rd I got a call saying that it would be at least 2 more weeks for the bedding to arrive so I cancelled the sale. I spoke to the manager at length and cancelled the order. On March 6th I received a call from the salesman regarding the cancellation. I explained that the product was not delivered when promised and decided to cancel the order. To my dismay I found that the order had not been cancelled as I a had already requested but was assured that the order would be cancelled that day and $3400 would be credited to my hhgregg account and another $178 would be credited back to my check card.

I checked my account that evening and saw that the hhgregg account had been credited. Today, March 17th, I checked my account and was flabbergasted that the amount was back on my balance. I called the local store manager, "Sam", and found that "corporate" had "done something" with my account on the 11th and he would have to call and get it straightened out. He called me back and stated that he "had good news, and bad news". The good news was he could re-credit $2850 to my account but no more because the company had filed Chapter 11. Keep in mind, I never received ANYTHING!!!! He says that after they come out of Chapter 11 that the amounts would be reimbursed to me... How is this anything other than THEFT and FRAUD?!? I have $3500 of debt and never received anything. I have filed a dispute with Synchrony but have been told that will take 60 days.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE WASHING MACHINE. Was repaired within one year for loud noise, would not spin correctly, lint collects on dark clothes and appears to be white etching. Need to re-rinse dark clothes. My brother had the same experience. He actually dumped the washer after so many battles and bought another brand. Called the Samsung customer service number and did everything they said, used less soap, balance the clothes when loading and to no avail -- this washer is the worst appliance I have ever bought in my life. Will never purchase anything made by Samsung again.

I purchased a Samsung TV about 2 years ago, purchased the warranty insurance for 5 years. TV broke after two years. No image at all. Only sound. I contacted HHGregg with my concern as when I called the insurance to place a claim they could not, did not find any records of my warranty that I had purchased. A supervisor within HHGregg was helpful and located the order, filed the claim.

After 4 months they issue a credit to the store for the purchased money of my TV which was $849. I go back to the store, made a purchase of $1050, paid cash out of pocket the difference now to find out that the store is filing bankruptcy chapter 11 and my TV will not be delivered as they no longer in business and they want to cut off a check and mail it to me, a CHECK on a bankruptcy status. What good is it going to make me, I don't want a check from them, I don't need a store credit, I want them to compensate me with a TV similar to what I had purchased or upgrade without having me to pay for the difference.

They knew they were going to file bankruptcy. Why did they sold me something they knew it was not going to be delivered. I have invested so much time running from one place to other, calling the insurance to file a claim that no one had a clue of, calling HHGregg corporate office where they don't have any good manner to talk to a human being. I have being put thru HELL with this process. Any suggestions? Can I file a lawsuit against this company? Anyone with good suggestions.

Getting service under extended warranty purchased pulling teeth. Get the run around or can't place call due to how written up or not at home in front of appliance. Why do I need to be in front of appliance when they are able to pull up all the information or tell you that they can place call but would have to pay service call. Twice I have called both times got run around that I ended getting repairman and ending up paying for repairs that should of been covered under warranty since I needed use of appliance. Spent lunch hour trying to get appointment under warranty. No luck. Told and order part. Once arrived put on. Still didn't work. Was called. Was told since I attempted to put part on couldn't place service call.

My son went to return a tv that the speakers were not working - (bought it 2 weeks ago). They take the tv in the back and say there are four tiny screws were missing and won't return it. When the tv comes out from the back- the remote now has a sticker on it that's says "demo"! They screwed with it, changed parts, changed the remote and still would not return it. He called the police... and the store just sent him on his way and thanked him for his business. DO NOT BUY FROM THERE!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Finally bankrupt. Knew this was coming the way they treat people. Promise me a refrigerator for Friday. Guess what. It's not in stock... We'll deliver Tuesday. It's now Tuesday and they're not coming... No stock. Going back to get my money back. Hopefully they'll have something in stock. Bankruptcy announced today. I'll never get my money back...

Oven was not working since January 18. Bought extended warranty. Appliance bought in 2014. They have replaced the board once already last year. They responded over a month later. Repairman kept canceling saying they don't service my area. When they did get someone to come out they chipped my countertop and didn't fix the problem. Now they have sent someone else and they didn't fix the problem either. That was Friday. Said had to order parts. Sunday it quit working altogether. So to sum it all up it's been almost three months without a oven. Now without burners. To top it all off they could have replaced the stove by now and saved money. I've called corporate, the store and the warranty people at least 30 times. Would someone help. Please I'm praying for some help. Signed: FRUSTRATED, HELP PLEASE. Someone help us. We've done everything right.

My husband and I purchased 2 televisions from the hhgregg Sandhill location in January 2017. We scheduled our installation for early March. The store had customer service representatives call both myself and husband for confirmation of delivery and installation on three separate occasions. During confirmation, we made sure they understood it was two TV's being delivered with one being an install. The day of delivery and installation, the associate showed up to our residence with one television and NOT the one that was being installed. To our frustrating we rescheduled.

On the second attempt, the installer shows up to our residence after 4:30 and informs us the amount the store sold us was incorrect for placement. On our third attempt at installation, the installer never showed up because the store said WE didn't call back to the 1-800 number to reschedule although we went into the store to reschedule. I will NEVER purchase another product from this company again and I would NEVER recommend them. Customer service in the store was horrible.

Warning if you ever get a service plan you need to know which they will not tell you. My dryer quit working so I try to call them up so they can fix my dryer. Well they told me that they can't sent no one where I am at because I am over 50 radius so they want me to bring it back to give me store credit. I went ahead exchanged it so I thought they will give me my refund back for service plan and they told me I don't get it back so now I got a different dryer and yet I am still paying on my service plan for the dryer that I don't have so beware.

I obtain a credit card at hhgregg to purchase a few appliances. I selected a washer/dryer set for over $2000. I expressed the urgency of delivery, as I purchased a new home. Delivery was set for that Saturday, as the items were in stock. I decided to make a few more purchases of kitchen appliances for my old home, which I am going to rent, and added another $1600 to my hhgregg card on the Thursday before the washer/dryer delivery. I asked to confirm my Saturday delivery, and was told that my washer was delivered to another customer who purchased after me, but requested delivery before mine and I would have to wait. No timeline was given, and I asked to speak to the manager. He was very rude, told me to select another set, and when I declined, he told me to come to his house to wash my clothes!

I expressed my outrage, and he then told me "On some days, rain must fall." Huh? In other words, get over it. I cancelled both orders, called the corporate office, and was told that since I cancelled my order there was nothing to be done, and to speak to the management of the store. The manager of the store was the one who was disrespectful to me! I will never purchase from them again. But then again, since they are going out of business, it matters not. Isn't karma something?

Ok my rant. I bought a washer at hhgregg. Had to wait 2 weeks to be delivered, because they had to order it. Okay that's cool, since I still have a washer, just don't like it. I didn't hear from them, so I called them on Thursday, talked to the manager. She assured my washer was in, and it would be delivered on Saturday. I received a text message and an email saying it was to be deliver between 2:45 and 5:45. So I go to my basement and unhook my washer, move it to the side, Dave takes the door off going to the basement, and cleared stuff out of the way. So 6:00 comes and no phone call. So I call their delivery line, and I was told my delivery won't be till Tuesday. So yes I was pissed, after waiting all day, so I told the lady it would have been nice to get a phone call to tell me this, that I was waiting all day. So she puts me on hold, o hell no. I waited long enough.

So I called the store in N.Canton, talk to the manager. She told me I should have gotten a phone call. So of course, I tell her I didn't get a phone call. She told me she didn't come in till noon, and the person that was suppose to call me left at 3:30. Not my problem. As a manager maybe you need to make sure your employees do their job!!! So after telling her the way I felt about the situation, and I let her know it, she offered me 50.00 off. REALLY. So I tell her if they are delivering it on Tuesday it will have to be in the late afternoon. She tells me she can't promise me that would be the time. WHAT! You just made me wait all day for a confirmed delivery that never happened, and you can't have them deliver it at my time. O HELL NO! So I rip her again, and told her it is my way now, or you can cancel my order. To be continued... OMG! Never again will I buy anything from this store again!!!

My husband and I had purchased a TV at hhgregg several months ago. We were satisfied with customer service and purchase. When it was time for a Washer/Dryer we not only price checked but remembered our positive experience at hhgregg when purchasing our tv. We went to the store with high hopes and found just what we wanted at a low price. We needed to clean out our garage so made the delivery date two weeks later, on a Monday morning. My husband was home from work and waited for delivery. I contacted him at 1:00 p.m., no delivery... I got home by 4:00 hoping machines were there... No delivery. My husband informed me that HE had to contact hhgregg to find out what happened. They informed him that the day before they found out that our Washer/Dryer was out of stock and obviously could not be delivered. First red flag. Why couldn't they call us to tell us that???

In my mind, the order would be cancelled but my husband wanted to give them a chance when they said delivery could be made later in the week. On Wednesday, they called to tell him that Washer/Dryer could be delivered in TWO WEEKS and they would take off $100.00. Mind you, we originally ordered both the beginning of February, gave them two weeks to get it to us, and with the inconvenience of going to an outside laundry, come on hhgregg... I will never purchase any appliance from them ever again and I would not recommend them for any large appliance purchase.

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher from hhgregg approx 2 yrs ago. The soap dispenser broke. I called for repair on warranty. They sent some to DIAGNOSE and they have to return in 10-20 days. Since when are machines bodied that warrant diagnosis and then have the repair man return? This is unacceptable. I want my dishwasher repaired and I want it NOW. I set the appointment up 10 days ago.

I have had this LG LFX25991ST fridge for roughly 4 years now. LG fixed every part under the Sun the first two (2) years of ownership, mainly due to a class action lawsuit. The refrigerator section does not cool properly (it actually freezes my groceries). I have had over 6-8 service calls on this fridge (most of them serviced by LG). It again has had issues with cooling too much. HHGregg claims they have only spent XX% of servicing the product and it does not warrant a replacement. However, no one can seem to fix this issue, I have had 3-4 control boards installed, new gaskets, new thermostats, you name it. It is currently again getting a new thermostat and control board.

I have asked they just replace it, as their warranty states more than 3 repairs of the same thing warrants a replacement. This most recent issue, breast milk is frozen. My wife is livid, as the milk was only in the fridge for 12-15 hours. I hope HHGregg does the right thing and replace this item, I do not know why they try to keep fixing this fridge. The repairman also even stated to them that it's not worth replacing/fixing the parts on this fridge as it keep freezing items. Please help.

We purchased a camera online on Feb. 2, 2017 and I had to call several locations of HHGregg to find this item because customer service said they didn't have one, and I know they did because the store in Columbia SC said they did. So after spending 2 hours on the phone with customer service and finding the product on the 11, after no feedback from online support, I spoke with 7 people so far and no one can help me. So I got a manager on the 12 and stated that she spoke with the Maryland store and they were going to ship it out, well it is the 24th and hasn't shipped ours yet, after she said the GM in the Maryland office said they would have it shipped, and the customer service rep said she didn't even know the guy's name. What a joke.

Ordered a mattress from the Fenton Missouri location on January 31st. They told me the mattress would be in on Feb 10th. Feb 9th I got a call to schedule delivery between 9:30 - 12:30. No one showed up at my house. I called the store and they told me that the mattress didn't come in...but no one bothered to call me. They said my mattress would be in on Feb 17th...no call, no mattress. I called again, they said the mattress would be in on the 23rd. Feb 22nd they called to schedule delivery between 8:30 and 11:30 am...no show again. Call the store upset, had to leave a message for the manager who did not call me back. I called again and told them that I want my money back...they said they can't refund me until I return the item. The item I never received??? I paid them by check and now I am having trouble getting my $1,600 back from them. They aren't even a 1 star!

We went to HHGregg in Newport News yesterday because we got a message saying bring in an authorization number for a stove that was deemed unrepairable. We had a flat top electric stove with a 2 year extended warranty that we got last Aug 8. People came out to look at stove. One said only one thing was wrong with it, then another burner went out so we called again. Another person came out and said the stove no longer was usable. So we went in and a young lady waited on us. My husband gave her the authorization number and looked up what we had and we looked at several stoves. Found one we liked that was less expensive and told us we had a credit so we got the plug, and then she wanted us to get a warranty. We told her we just purchased one last Aug and she told us since we are getting a replacement the warranty was no longer good. Do they have to give us a credit for the warranty we had.

I don't suggest buying from hhgregg. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with. My too long story: I ordered a TV on 11/27/16. TV gets here super fast. Opened it up, set it up and realize they sent me the same TV I ordered WITHOUT the "smart" part of it. They tell me after I call them that they sent it to me because the one I ordered was out of stock. They email me a return shipping label and I bundle it up and ship it back. They agree to send me a different TV in place of the one I ordered... which happens to be about $150 more than the one I ordered. So I thought that was nice of them.

Tracking shows TV was returned. I call them to let them know. The person that received it apparently never completely signed it in saying it was complete/returned, so I was told there was nothing they could do until he finished the return signing. Conveniently by now it's Christmas week and I'm told he must be on vacation (and this is calling them every other night for at least an hour each time and on hold for most of the call). So early January, I finally talk to someone who says looks like it has been signed for and new TV will be shipped Monday. Am told if I don't see anything by Wednesday, call them. So of course I haven't received shipping confirmation so I call them. To add to the craziness I keep getting transferred to a store location where the manager says he doesn't understand why I keep getting transferred to them and also doesn't know why I don't have the TV yet - they have several in stock in store.

So finally it's February. I get a TV shipped to me. I get home. Open it up. It looks like a ball was thrown at it: the screen pushed in on top and a small crack with light coming through. So aggravated at this point! The person I spoke to that evening/their supervisor said I could keep the TV since they would just toss it anyways and get a refund. Though I need to send package and TV pictures. So I agree. She said to expect $ in 3-5 business days. I gave it a week - and nothing.

So I call. On hold/talk for over an hour. Now this person said I need to send it back for a refund! Why different answers? So I said if I'm sending it back I want the correct TV replaced, not $. So they agree and confirm the model to be sent to me and send me a new shipping label. I returned it. Arrived in a week or so. I called them to let them know it was returned and to ship me the new one (because they can't keep track of it themselves!). So they say it should ship in 24 hours... I was on hold for a while and figured this person made an order out for it. So 2 days later I didn't have time to be on phone/hold, I Facebook texted hhgregg (because we're close like that) and they replied that my refund will be coming back to me. That's not what I had agreed to when I returned the TV!

So I finally get a chance to call and speak to someone. They tell me that because they already sent me the money back (which I didn't see for another 3 days in my account) that they weren't able to send me that TV. They didn't give me the option to give that $ back. She said all I could do is buy the TV and they would refund me the difference in price! Ya right, like I'd ever see that money! I guess at least I got my original money back, but you'd think after this huge ordeal they'd AT LEAST accept that original $ back and send me the TV. I'm not ordering from there again, and I don't suggest anyone does. :(

We ordered a new fridge, washer, dryer and stands. 1st delivery had no washer on the truck. 2nd delivery had a washer with dents and got sent back. 3rd delivery had washer with dents again and got sent back. 4th delivery is not set up. If it comes back messed up we are sending our entire $5,000 order back.

I ordered a projector for Thanksgiving, basically mid-November. End of Nov, mid-Dec, came and went without delivery or any type of notice other than the original email confirming my order. My credit card was also charged immediately in November, but otherwise no other interaction. I tried to reach out via email but their system wouldn't allow for some reason. Eventually in December I was able to get through to customer service on the phone. They said the item was OOS and would be available in early January. I elected to wait. January came and went with no response. I called customer service again, eventually getting through (every time I have to wait 10-15 mins), and was told the same thing, OOS but should be available soon. I waited, again with no response.

In February I finally called thinking I'd cancel my order. I was then told by CS that the item was available but the shipping department was closed. They'd call me back with tracking number, etc. but I of course never heard from them. I called back a week later, incidentally got the same person who helped me the first time, and she basically pushed it through. So now more than three months after I originally ordered and they charged my credit card, item has shipped. The question now is whether I will actually receive what I ordered.

hhgregg Company Profile