1.12/5
Based on 644 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

765 hhgregg Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2018

Where do I even begin? We purchased a 4 piece Samsung appliance set for our home (fridge, range, dishwasher, and microwave), along with warranties for all of them on May 16th, 2016. We scheduled our installs for a week after we made our purchase. The install team came out with the dishwasher and microwave first. Everything went well. Then later, the team with our range and fridge came out. Our fridge had a huge dent in the side. So the gentleman made arrangements to have someone come out that Thursday with a new fridge. So my boyfriend had to arrange to have that day off of work. On Wednesday night, we did not receive a call with our estimated delivery time. We called the install department, and it turns out no one was coming out Thursday. Instead, they scheduled us for Friday. Without us knowing. And we had to call to find this out.

And now, I have to make arrangements to have off of work. So Friday comes, and the installers bring a new fridge. And... It's dented again! It looked like someone took a golf club to it. I call and arrange for someone to come out the next day. We requested to have a supervisor pre inspect the fridge (which should be a requirement anyway) and to be called 45 minutes before the installers were to arrive. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I both work retail and don't have Saturday's off, and we couldn't take a Saturday off. When the installers were to call, my boyfriend was going to leave work early and meet them at the house. After I set up the appointment for someone to come out on Saturday, I went into the Downingtown, PA store and spoke with Rich, the assistant manager who had been avoiding my calls all day. Rich apologized because there was nothing more he could do than to credit my delivery fee.

The next day while my boyfriend was at work, the installers called him, he could not answer. The installment department then called him, he could not answer. So they called me to inform me that the installers are 20 minutes away from our house. 20 minutes? Even though I requested to be contacted 25 minutes before that? So I called my boyfriend in a frantic. Turns out he called the installment department back and the lady informed him that the installers were waiting at our house. That was a lie. And regardless, she got a mouth full from my boyfriend. So he hurried home only to find the truck pulling away from our street. He had to park his car in the middle of the street to block the truck. Got out and asked them to turn around. Thankfully, fridge #3 was not damaged. Not thankfully, our sales person told us to buy a kit so that the installers could hook up our fridge to a water line.

We did not have an existing water line and were told that this would be taken care of. Well, the installers informed my boyfriend that we needed to call a plumber to run a new line up into the kitchen to the back of the fridge. Great! Anyway, a couple days come and go, and I've been chasing Sarah and Rich (managers at the Downingtown, PA location) for the promised compensation and price adjustments. I finally get in touch with a supervisor from the delivery department, Amy. Amy called me after my boyfriend received an email to leave HHGregg a survey. Well, he have let them have it because Amy offered us a $100 gift card. I politely declined and said "I will never be doing business with HHGregg again." So she sent us a check. Amy promised to have Sarah call us and set up price adjustments and credits. I didn't hear from Sarah.

After I called 4 times a day for 3 days straight, I finally spoke with Rich who promised to adjust our prices. After I think nothing else could go wrong, we discover that our dishwasher doesn't work. We've tried it with so many different size loads, and nothing comes clean. So now we have to call back in and request to have someone come inspect it. I called in on a Friday, the kind lady set us up with an appointment for Wednesday. One day, I was washing dishes by hand and putting them in my nice new broken dishwasher to dry and, I discovered that one of the plastic attachments appeared to be broken. Wow. I called back in to reschedule our Wednesday appointment because my boyfriend and I couldn't get off of work. When I called in I made it very apparent to the lady that the dishwasher was broken and I requested to have a new one sent out.

She informed me that they have to have someone come look at it and then they'll arrange for someone to come replace it if need be. So she scheduled us for Saturday. Friday night comes, and again we have no contact from the installment department with our estimated time frame. No email. Nothing. So I called in on Saturday morning, and was informed that the installer would be there between 2-5pm. I also requested to speak with a supervisor so that I could voice how unhappy I was with the fact that, yet again, no one called us. She took my information and a supervisor called me around 3pm. The supervisor apologized.

Didn't offer to do anything, but she called the installer to see when he would be at my house. I then informed her that I already requested they send out a new dishwasher because this one is clearly damaged and that if the installer does not arrive with a new dishwasher, or cannot magically fix the broken one, that I will be returning everything and requesting a full refund. My boyfriend texted me at 3:30pm and let me know that the installer called him and they have to reschedule because they were having trouble with their truck. Honestly?! So I called in again. And left my information for a supervisor. Again. In the meantime, I called the store to explain the issue and... What a surprise! Neither Sarah or Rich are available. I felt awful dumping my frustrations on whoever answered the phone but, at this point, I am beyond frustrated. An hour later, no one has called me back.

So I called the store and spoke with another associate who promised that they would have a manager call me back and even went the extra mile to offer to call the install team themselves. I appreciated her, but I didn't believe her. I then called the installment department back and spoke with a supervisor named David. I told David my story and he promised to put in an order to have the next model up dishwasher delivered and installed on Monday free of charge. He told me he would call me back in an hour. In David's defense, when I called back on Monday morning after not hearing from anyone again, he did put the order through. However the store did not accept the order. The representative I spoke with called the store for me and brought me into the call after she explained everything for me.

After she disconnected, the sales associate, Shawn, claimed they did not have any history of an order or an install for my new dishwasher. I was done. I explained to Shawn that I was over HHGregg's lack of customer service and poor communication between departments and that I would be in later that day to arrange with a manager to have everything returned. He then hung up on me. Surprisingly, on my way to the store the manager, Rich, returned my call. He explained to me that they received my order, but no one accepted it. He said he would push it through and have the delivery set up for this Friday and that he would compensate me $269 for the inconvenience. I agreed and hung up. I then realized that I made arrangements with David to have the next model up dishwasher delivered.

So I called the store back to confirm. No one answered so I called the install department. The young lady informed me that not only was my order placed for the same model dishwasher, but that my install was scheduled for Monday, not Friday. I called the store back furious because I was lied to again. I spoke with Shawn again who promised to have Rich call me ASAP. Rich did indeed call me back, assuring me that it would be installed on Friday, but promised to look into the exchange and would again call me back. I didn't hear from Rich, so I called the store back several hours later and spoke with Yourone. Yourone, although it took a day or two, got my dishwasher exchanged for the next model up. On the flip side, it wouldn't be delivered until June 27th. 2 weeks?! We have to wait 2 weeks for a dishwasher that was supposed to be delivered in 4 days? I was very displeased, but unfortunately it was out of my control. So we waited.

I then called the install department on the 26th because we had not received a call. I waited on hold for over 20 minutes before hanging up. I called back again the morning of the supposed install only to be on hold for 20 minutes again. I called back and the gentleman promised to call the install department for me, then transfer me into the call. Finally I got through! I spoke with Dan from installs. He apologized that I did not receive a call yesterday determining my time frame. He also had more to apologize for. It seems as though whichever mechanic they take their trucks to does a poor job when it comes to servicing them. Again, the installer's truck broke down.

I was almost in tears as I explained to Dan that this is wildly unacceptable and that if I didn't receive my dishwasher today, that I was done with HHGregg and their affiliates. He apologized offered to schedule an install for Thursday and if anything opened up sooner, we would be called. I didn't believe him, because I never receive calls from this department. He also promised to call me back after my install to discuss compensation. I expressed how unhappy and displeased I was with this catastrophe, but just gave up and accepted the installment date of Thursday. I then called the store and left my name number and a message to be relayed to Rich once he came in.

I am so displeased and frustrated and upset with the poor customer service and lack of professionalism I've experienced working with HHGregg. I will never do business with this company ever again, and I will advise all my family, friends, coworkers, and whoever else crosses my path to avoid them as well. We've been ignored, lied to, and cheated out of over a combined week of pay from our jobs to accommodate Hhgregg when they should be the ones accommodating us for everything we've experience. This has to have been the utmost worst display of empathy for a customer who has been put through, for lack of a better word, hell and back by 3 different departments that cannot communicate to resolve an issue that has been ongoing for over a month.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I call the numbers on the back of my papers and no one answers the phone. They should still have a warranty dept available even if they did go out of business. Now I see why. I still have until Sept. Of 2019 for my warranty to end. I paid the money now I can't get no one out here to look at my washer or dryer. Crooks you people are. I want my refund in full $199.99 for my washer and $ 199.99 for my dryer.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator from hhgregg in 2015, my ice maker stopped working a few months later and continue to stop working about every 4 to 6 months after parts were replaced/repaired. In 2017 when I complained about how often the ice maker was having issues and that it was a lemon the warranty company seem to not be able to locate previous repair orders. After filling another repair request 2 weeks ago for the ice maker I received a email stating that a check for 230.00 was being issued (with $580.00 the cost of the previous repairs being deducted) thus closing the 5 year warranty contract. According to the warranty company, once the cost of repairs reached the cost of the purchase the warranty ends even if it is before the 5 years is up. Now I am stuck with a refrigerator that I cannot use all the functions it was purchased for and no warranty for future repairs. Beware of any retailers offering extended warranty with this company!!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

My 360 Protection Plan - I have been attempting to have my 1 year old Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer combo for almost a month now. The icemaker stopped working and then the freezer quit. I can never get anyone to answer the phone when I call (at 11:50 minutes on hold they always send you to voicemail that NEVER gets returned). I have had 3 different companies sent out to my house to diagnose the problem but not one person said they will fix it. I loved HHGregg and their service. It is very disappointing that the extended warranty company is this bad. Just give me a refund and I will go elsewhere to never have to deal with this company again!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Called on Feb 13, 2018. Could never get through so I filed online claim for a Whirlpool Cabrio washer that is making unusual noises. Purchased the washer/dryer set with a 5 year warranty through HHGregg in February 2016. Online claim gave me a repair company's name, after setting a date and selecting a time window. I took off for the appointment set for Feb 27, 2018, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and no one shows. I look online and no claim information is there. I called continuously all day and get a rep from another department who tells me the name of the company that should have come out and says the ticket is escalated. He said someone should call me in morning. It is now 2:35 p.m. and I have not heard. What is going on. BUYER BEWARE! If there was a "0" I would rate it as that. I would like a refund for the warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hhgregg?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchase an item from hhgregg.com on 12/29. Today is 01/03 and still don't have any answer where the product was shipped or cancel. Send few emails not returns, call they give a lot of bla, bla, bla and still nothing. Really a nightmare. Good luck Next Circuit City.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher 3/16 and a 5yr warranty for $539.39 plus tax/delivery/set-up. Dishwasher started acting up, not dissolving detergent (liquid or powder), dispenser door not opening, dishes not getting cleaned, etc in Feb this yr (2017). Have been calling since 2/17 until now. After requesting service online @ myprotectionplan360.com/hhgregg, calling the available number for several days at a time, finally got a rep who supposedly calls service company to come repair. Repair techs come out multiple times, said water wasn't hot enough, not enough speed/pressure from motor, use different liquid detergent, dispenser door malfunctioning, etc. They replaced some parts over the next several months but still not cleaning dishes and not dissolving detergent!!!

This month have made several calls to warranty tech/myprotectionplan360 to no avail. Now being told that “the warranty funds have now been used up for the purchase amount of the dishwasher ~$540” and they cannot provide repair or replacement?! This is a 5yr warranty! Can you say LEMON??? IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT IF IT COULD NOT BE FIXED, IT WOULD BE REPLACED. Does anyone know if there is a class action suit being pursued anywhere because I NEED THAT INFO ASAP. If not I guess I'll have to pursue it on my own.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I started school so I needed a laptop to continue my studies. Needless to my surprise my computer started to run slow. I tried to reach HHGregg to have them check the laptop, but what I found was that the store was out of business, OK I tried to contact the Premium warranty company to get some help. That also was a no go. The warranty company did not answer the phone nor did they return my calls. This is a sad case. Nevertheless contact HP. No help there either. HP said that I would have to purchase another warranty through them in order for them to help troubleshoot the laptop. To add to this, this was the middle of the semester. Thank God I was able to use the library... I agree we all should start a class action case. And that is something that I will be looking into.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Purchased a Mitsubishi 92" TV big screen from hhgregg, their Hialeah store on 2/18/13. Bought the 5 year Premium service plan for $500. We are now experiencing issues with the set and can't reach the service plan company. hhgregg is out of business and have left us hanging.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Purchased a Maytag Washer and Dryer Set in 2015. Washer stopped working in July 2017. Warranty company sends out their preferred agents, who string you along for months then the warranty company denies the claim! The control board went out. What could I have done to a totally encased control board? The warranty company said, "Too bad," Maytag said "well sometimes bad ones come off the assembly line and you got one." They would do nothing! I want my money back for the $300 I spent on the useless warranty and the pro-rated portion of the Maytag washer I will never be able to use because nobody stands behind their product or service! Unbelievable. Hope everyone who has had problems stands up and demands they make things right!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We bought a new Samsung refrigerator from HH Gregg in July of 2014 and bought the extended warranty. It started leaking from the front door ice dispenser a few months ago. I called to get service out and discovered they have gone out of business. Not only that, but my "lifetime warranty" I paid for is obviously nonexistent since their warranty company AMT doesn't answer the phone. Samsung won't help me out with the parts either because it is no longer under the 1 yr mfg warranty. If there is a class action suit against HH Gregg I want to be in on it!! I am LIVID at the way they screwed a LOT of people out of their money!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Someone should start a class action lawsuit against my protection 360 plan because they made a mistake and they jumped the gun and a paid out HH Gregg a store that was in the process of closing so that this way nobody can get their merchandise sent out. What happens now with the people that have current contracts under with warranties and the refrigerator breaks it. They said they only cover replacement but where we going to get these replacement products from and why can't they honor. That was from before why can't they honor that now.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I purchased a 5 year warranty with HHgregg on December of 2015. My dryer door is not working properly so I tried all the numbers that I had and none of them are working. So after searching the internet I finally found a phone number that works and also website that you could file your claim. I would like to share with everyone so they can file a claim because I know how frustrating this could be. The phone number is 800-446-9134 and the website is myprotectionplan360.com. I hope this helps at least one person. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I've called all the numbers for HHGregg, and they don't have any good numbers. I know the business went out but people bought warranties and what happens to our money that we spent on them if we don't have anyone to service the appliances. This is just wrong and so sad. Please let people know if the warranties aren't gonna be serviced and refund our money so we can get someone to do it. You had a year to contact people before you filed bankruptcy and left us out uncovered. Come on. Businesses communication is key. If you couldn't refund the money you could of hired contractors to keep up the service.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I purchased an entire appliance package for almost $3700, from hhgregg on Feb. 23rd of this year. They showed up on March 10th to deliver my products and brought me floor models. I didn't purchase floor models and refused the order. I went to the Homestead FL store to get the cancellation of the order in writing 2 days later. Not only would they not give it to me in writing, they informed me that they were in a Chapter 11 situation. They would only credit my purchase for $2850, which I refused.

I put in a claim with Synchrony bank for the entire amount. That resulted in a credit for the $2850 with a balance of over $800. Either I pay it or hurt my credit score. I got an attorney, filed a claim against hhgregg but to no avail. There is a stay against trying to collect from them. It even states those who violate this stay can be required to pay actual and punitive damages and attorney's fees. I have lost over $800 and have no appliances and received nothing for these monies. Hhgregg certainly ripped me off!! Stay away from Synchrony Bank too!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

So the stores near me have closed and has been for sometime now. I've tried getting my tv replaced for my children before warranty expired and unfortunately with my work schedule and trying to balance my kids I just didn't pay enough attention. But from here on out I'll never purchase anything in my life from hhgregg.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Warranty on washer. I have called for 3 days to try and find out who will accept or who is taking over hhgregg's warranties. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! SENT $100 ON WARRANTY COVERAGE! Now 1 year since I bought it is now broke down after flooding out my basement. Can someone anyone help me.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I bought all three (3) of these items within the past 7 months, prior to the closing of the store. Two (2) of these products have completely stop working and my laptop simply shuts off when I am working on it. I've even contacted HP and they could help. My television two weeks ago just stop responding to the remote so I unplugged it and little did I know it wouldn't come back on. My Bose speaker attempts to turn on only to shut off. I don't know what in the world has happened to these electronics I purchased; however, I am still making payments on these items and I can't even use them. So I called the 800 numbers and no one answers, there is just an automated system and should you select the option of "other" it will tell you that their office hours are from 8 am - 6 pm Monday-Friday (blah, blah, blah); however, no one answers, the phone hangs up! I need my stuff fixed. I have over $1000 invested in products I can't even use.

Original review: June 19, 2017

This has been the most frustrating and horrid experience after paying $99.99 to insure a over the range microwave from the defunct HHGregg stores!!! I put in my claim on 5/21/17 and now over a month later, service companies out to my home, numerous phone calls and holding for over 30-40 minutes each time they have decided to pay me $314 total policy limits!!! So, I'm out delivery charges, $100 in insurance payment and a microwave which I will not be able to replace for that amount.

If you look at what the store gave you as a "policy" it never ever shows the amount of the policy limits! If I would have been explained the amount paid out I would have NEVER purchased this trash! Never again will I buy any extended warranty for any appliance in my life. The service (2 companies) companies that came to my home told me that they do this whole dog and pony show but they never fix anything. They know that paying out the policy is cheaper than replacing or repairing. The service that these people give you are better off dealing with China, Philippines or India.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Hhgregg has close all their store. They never told the consumers if you bought an extended warranty who would service your product or if you would get a refund of your money on that purchase. If you try to call to get service the warranty dept just keeps you on hold. I need some answers. If there is anyone out there that knows how they can help me please email at **.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I bought a dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, & microwave. Before it was delivered, they sold my appliances to someone else. THEY WILL SELL YOUR STUFF! They gave me upgrades on each item because they had no same replacements. Accidental score, right?! Nope, maybe not. The "upgrades" were floor models. My refrigerator started sounding like a roller skate and stopped working within a week. Lost all my food. I called them and told them I wanted a replacement. No. Now that they are liquidated, there are no returns or replacements. He said he would "email all the departments and someone would call me to set up repair." Never happened.

I called back days later. They don't do "delivery replacements" now because they don't even have delivery service anymore. I asked, "Are you saying you will replace if I can find a way to do all the moving?" He said "Yes, but I have to check." Put me on hold, came back and said, "I can't do it. I asked the liquidator that is here and he said no replacements." He gave me the manufacturer's phone number to call for repair. That is it. That is as far as it goes with them now. Their website says they will even cover lost food. Not gonna happen, folks. They may have good deals right now but... buy at your own risk.

I am at work right now, boiling mad. I don't want anyone else to go thru the extreme hassles I have had with this. The guy even asked me how I got thru. Sounded agitated. Did not let me give vague answer. I had to give details of how I reached the store! They have already cut their phones. I went thru a back door. Called HH Gregg corporate, pushed button for delivery, then gave my zip code and got transferred to the store via a human. If I hadn't learned how to do that from the 8 other times I had to call regarding this fiasco, I would not have gotten thru. If I could give zero stars, I would. 5 people I have spoken with about them selling my appliances after having sold them to me... not one of them ever apologized.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We purchased a microwave oven a few years ago and had technicians over to fix the unit several times. Seems the internal computer was at fault and they replaced it. However, this did not fix the problem and after complaining, HH Gregg issued a credit for $314.00 +/-. We just found out yesterday that HH Gregg are closing all the stores, so we went to the store in Fort Myers Florida and there is a notice that as of 4/22/17 they will not honor the credit. This is total robbery! What can I do to get the money owed to me? I tried calling corporate office and when I followed the instructions and was supposed to be connected to customer service the line was disconnected. Up until yesterday I can honestly say that we never had any problems with HH Gregg. I spent thousands of dollars over the years and this is thanks I get?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I purchased a stove and refrigerator from hhgregg two years ago and the appliances are breaking down. Two months after purchasing the refrigerator the door handle broke. The stove handle broke last week and the aisles on the stove all burned out. It took them forever to bring the parts to replace. I will not ever refer anyone to this store ever.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Purchased Premium Service Plan in July 2013 for 5 years on Whirlpool Refrigerator. Called for service April 4, 2017. Farm it out to Comp-Teks. After 3 weeks and 1 day on April 21, 2017, they claim to repair it after appearing once to order parts. It acts exactly the same as before they repair it. I call for further repair on April 24, 2017 and have heard nothing after calling Comp-Teks and hhgregg. In bankruptcy and not paying bills? May never get service? Consider creating your own warranty fund--put warranty money there and use it when you must and skip all warranties. I usually do this but the $100 for 5 years sounded too good. It was.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I purchased an out of the box dishwasher at the hhgregg in Kissimmee, Fl on Dyer Ave. I was told that all out of box items were good as new because they were tested after customers returned them and that I had 30 days to return the item if I had any issues with it. Fast forward a couple of weeks, I am having obvious issues with the crappy dishwasher, not draining, foul odor, running longer than expected, leaving dishes just as dirty, etc. I called the store to tell them what was happening and they informed me I could return it because I was in my 30 days. I could not get to the store that week because I needed to get someone to disconnect the washer for me as I did not know how to that.

Now I go back (still within my 30 days at the end of the stretch but still 30 days) and surprise! They have going out of business signs everywhere! I bring my dishwasher in my SUV and ask an employee to help me bring it in. He refuses and tells me I need to go to the front with my receipt first. Ok I do that. Then I am told that due to their bankruptcy and their court order their return policy changed to 14 days now! What?? What does that mean? The employee stated there was nothing he could do and I asked to speak to the manager.

The manager of that store (I did not get his name but am happy to describe him: Tall ** man, older, glasses, dark hair and a lazy eye). The manager was rude, disrespectful, arrogant and humiliating in the manner he addressed me. He told me he wasn't taking it back period. Never offered a solution: no apology, no credit towards a new dishwasher or something else in the store. No options whatsoever. He even proceeded to blatantly ignore me while I was still speaking. I was so discouraged. I felt taken advantage of. I was a customer who purchased a dishwasher that someone else returned (now I know why it was returned). I was told that it was "good as new". I believed them. They lied. I was also told I had 30 days to return it. They lied there too. Apparently they can change their return policy as they see fit. And now that the store is going out of business they could care less about anyone at all. They don't care and it shows.

I took the dishwasher out of my vehicle myself and carried inside the store where I left it for them to clean up their act. I may have lost my money although I will be filing a claim with my credit card company; but at least I felt like I proved my point to the ** manager. The dishwasher is now his problem. He may turn around and sell it to someone else tomorrow and then you will read another horrible review on this store.

And the corporate office was not any help either. They basically said there was nothing they could do and it's unfortunate that people who bought prior to the bankruptcy are affected this way. I was told I abandoned the dishwasher so they can't help me. That had I called corporate before perhaps I could have called the manufacturer as the dishwasher was under warranty. They offered no solutions to my problem and when I told them I was going to dispute with my credit card company I was told "that's what you need to do then, we can't help you". Wow, thanks corporate!

And as far as my complaint on the horrible manager... nothing. He's still there treating people any way he wants to. And reselling defective merchandise knowing he won't honor any returns. That is wrong and they should not be in business at all. What they are doing is wrong. I will never shop at any HHGREGG at all ever! Their business ethic is pathetic. And nobody holds anyone accountable. It is not fair.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I would not give any stars if it were possible. On March 25, 2017 my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire gas range with all the bells and whistles for $944.49 along with the accessories of meat probe and griddle which were to come included with the stove per manufacturer. The salesman Micah checked with the warehouse for availability, there was not a problem. This range was to be delivered on March 28, 2017. On the supposed day of delivery we get a phone call stating the warehouse did not have the range, and could not give a reason why. It would be another week for delivery, then upon calling hhgregg back we were told it is now on back-order and they have no idea when we will get it. I told them that was not going to work and we were coming to the store.

Upon going to the store the salesman informed us they were filing bankruptcy. We then chose an upgrade from the floor models and took it home ourselves. The griddle and probe were missing and the salesman said he would search the backroom, he was sure it was there and he would call me to pick it up, if he could not locate he would order from Frigidaire and have them mailed directly to us. That is another 70 mile trip. No call, no accessories. I then called the store 2 weeks later to be told by Tyler, the hateful manager that he would look into it and call me right back, I have not heard from him since. I called back for him 4 hrs. later and he had gone home.

I spoke with Brad, the assistant manager who told me they could never order from the manufacturer, their delivery department was responsible for that and he would transfer me to that department. But not before telling me that the hhgregg stores were all closing due to being bankrupt. They would cease to exist period on May 31, 2017. He stated maybe I should order and pay for the accessories and have hhgregg reimburse me. Not happening. He also stated that my salesman Micah had quit.

He then transferred me to the delivery and order dept., this man's name was Finch. He was very aggravated. He said the salesman had known for a couple months that hhgregg was closing a lot of their warehouses and it was taking longer to deliver everything, hence not getting the first stove on time. He also stated that they had not been able to order any parts for over a month. He said I should turn it in on my warranty. That is not possible, there is nothing wrong with the range, it is missing accessories only that were to be included in the price of the range. Frigidaire told me to order them, but I would need to send payment when I did. The next step was to file a complaint with our bank as we paid with one of our Visa Debit Cards. We are waiting to hear from our bank tomorrow.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My family lost everything in the flood in August 2016 in Baton Rouge. We used our insurance funds to purchase appliances from hhgregg on February 17, 2017. Before they even filed chapter 11, they cancelled our purchase - THE SAME DAY WE PAID, which tells me they never planned to deliver our appliances BUT they kept & cashed the check! They continued to lie & say they were scheduling delivery dates (5 times) but each time, no one showed up & no one called us. Each time we called to find out what was going on, there was never any record of a scheduled delivery - I guess not if they cancelled our purchase on February 17, 2017 - which, by the way, we didn't find out about until April 10, 2017 when I called to check the status of delivery for today, April 14, 2017!

That is theft! They stole our money knowing they would soon be filing bankruptcy & this was a way to get away with this! I'm beyond furious that this major corporation is being allowed to steal from people who are already being taken advantage of by so many on top of losing everything we owned to a natural disaster. It's sad, despicable, deplorable & felonious! After reading all the reviews from people going through the same things - cancelled deliveries with no notice, unconcerned customer "service", lack of willing to assist, unfair practices - selling your paid for appliances, selling items not in stock, cancelling orders, etc. - it's no wonder they are going out of business. Hhgregg, WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK. This is NOT fair.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Yesterday I purchased a display microwave, a TV bracket and a discounted Grill. The sign said 30% off. It didn't say that possible parts were missing or as is. Upon leaving I noticed the ignitor was damaged and one other part missing. The man who helped me put it in the truck was very kind and we were going to try and locate the missing parts from another box. When I opened one of the boxes a very loud voice from the other side of the store "You can't do that." The operations manager Ty ** is who said this. I was so shocked by the way she was treating me I decided to record it on my phone. She did not like this and said she was going to call the police. I welcome to that option. The police never came and I waited. She is very untrained, unprofessional and rude. There was no resolution only rudeness to my problem. Very upset.

Original review: April 7, 2017

A year and 4 months ago my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire fridge and Dishwasher from HHgregg. All was well. We bought them, set up delivery and purchased an extended warranty. So we thought! The day before delivery I sold our current fridge and dishwasher making room for the new appliances. As I sit and wait for a phone call in the morning for a window time like I was told, I then turn to my husband and state we still yet have not received one. I proceed to contact the store to find out my delivery was never scheduled. Instead they scheduled for the water hose and ice machine to be set up! Funny how they went about that being we did not even have the appliances in the home?!

So of course I am told how extremely sorry they are! They will be there on Monday with the new appliances! Well I was having none of this being I just sold all my old ones! Also that I am a customer who just spent thousands with the company, I think they could have tried a bit harder to make things work!!! At this point in time I ended up with the floor model for the dishwasher and the fridge days later!!

Now a year and 4 months later you would think I would be done with the stress of hhgregg! Well guess again! This past Sunday evening April 2, 2017 I start to smell burning plastic! Immediately I get my husband as we spent an hour trying to figure out the source of the smell! At this point in time an electrician arrived at the home. My husband and I think the issue is inside the wall. He pulls out the fridge and starts to take it apart. He then starts to yell, "Unplug it. Unplug. It's catching fire!!!" Thank God we caught this soon enough! If the situation were to arise while we were asleep or the dog home alone this situation could of been much worse!!! Now at this point in time I call our realtor due to the fact we are selling the home and have a warranty at the moment!

The following day the technician shows up. He states that the ice machine was used then the starter caught fire and seized the compressor. The fridge is now no good. He then advised us to get back in contact with hhgregg! I was dreading doing. That being why we went with the route of the home warranty company. Due to the fact we knew hhgregg was horrible!! So at this point in time I contact the company, tell them the situation, being aware that we have the extended warranty. I am told they can only schedule for someone to come to our home that Monday. Now this is a week later!

Let me reminded you we have two small children in the home. I have absolutely no groceries! My breast milk 4 months worth gone and ruined! Now they did state they would reimburse the food in the fridge! BUT what about all the meals I have to buy for five days now! Not only am I out a fridge and could of been out a home as well! I am out a fridge full of food. Spending tons to eat out! I feel as if my situation should be a priority! This could have been extremely worse and should not be taken so lightly!! Hhgregg only ran me in circles speaking with different representatives! Myself having to call them back when being told I would receive a call back!! I have asked multiple multiple times to speak to corporate!! I know that people purchase warranties every day! And I am more than positive that more than half will not get used so take care of the ones who need it!

HHgregg has no concern for their customers! They have lost our business! I also will be writing a review on Frigidaire as well! I had to get in contact with as well to tell them about the product!! Why do people have jobs! When the customers are doing all the work! I have a job I should not have to try and move up a repair day. I should not have to call Frigidaire, they should! End of rant! I am extremely upset and stressed with the situation I am faced with at the moment! I hope this does good for another family so they do not have to endure the stress we are at the moment.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Deserve to be out of Business. Went to hhgregg Springfield VA and pointed out microwave that I wanted to buy. Salesman loaded it into my car and when I got home and unloaded the microwave, realized that I was given the wrong microwave. They would not allow me to exchange it because the store was being liquidated. Contacted customer service and the Corporate service and got absolutely NO assistance. I am now out $250 and have a microwave that does not fit in my kitchen. Thanks for nothing hhgregg!

hhgregg Company Information