hhgregg

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought an entire suite of GE Profile appliances for new house from Anderson, SC store in November 2016. Salesman and manager committed to hold until new house complete. Called for deliver 10 days before needed delivery. Now, they tell us a salesman in Greenville, SC sold our range and they won't be able to deliver until they can reorder. My recommendation, don't buy from hhgregg, their customer service failed before and now they are bankrupt, the employees just don't care.

I purchased a $3500.00 set of bedding on February 25th with a promised delivery of March 3rd. On March 3rd I got a call saying that it would be at least 2 more weeks for the bedding to arrive so I cancelled the sale. I spoke to the manager at length and cancelled the order. On March 6th I received a call from the salesman regarding the cancellation. I explained that the product was not delivered when promised and decided to cancel the order. To my dismay I found that the order had not been cancelled as I a had already requested but was assured that the order would be cancelled that day and $3400 would be credited to my hhgregg account and another $178 would be credited back to my check card.

I checked my account that evening and saw that the hhgregg account had been credited. Today, March 17th, I checked my account and was flabbergasted that the amount was back on my balance. I called the local store manager, "Sam", and found that "corporate" had "done something" with my account on the 11th and he would have to call and get it straightened out. He called me back and stated that he "had good news, and bad news". The good news was he could re-credit $2850 to my account but no more because the company had filed Chapter 11. Keep in mind, I never received ANYTHING!!!! He says that after they come out of Chapter 11 that the amounts would be reimbursed to me... How is this anything other than THEFT and FRAUD?!? I have $3500 of debt and never received anything. I have filed a dispute with Synchrony but have been told that will take 60 days.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE WASHING MACHINE. Was repaired within one year for loud noise, would not spin correctly, lint collects on dark clothes and appears to be white etching. Need to re-rinse dark clothes. My brother had the same experience. He actually dumped the washer after so many battles and bought another brand. Called the Samsung customer service number and did everything they said, used less soap, balance the clothes when loading and to no avail -- this washer is the worst appliance I have ever bought in my life. Will never purchase anything made by Samsung again.

I purchased a Samsung TV about 2 years ago, purchased the warranty insurance for 5 years. TV broke after two years. No image at all. Only sound. I contacted HHGregg with my concern as when I called the insurance to place a claim they could not, did not find any records of my warranty that I had purchased. A supervisor within HHGregg was helpful and located the order, filed the claim.

After 4 months they issue a credit to the store for the purchased money of my TV which was $849. I go back to the store, made a purchase of $1050, paid cash out of pocket the difference now to find out that the store is filing bankruptcy chapter 11 and my TV will not be delivered as they no longer in business and they want to cut off a check and mail it to me, a CHECK on a bankruptcy status. What good is it going to make me, I don't want a check from them, I don't need a store credit, I want them to compensate me with a TV similar to what I had purchased or upgrade without having me to pay for the difference.

They knew they were going to file bankruptcy. Why did they sold me something they knew it was not going to be delivered. I have invested so much time running from one place to other, calling the insurance to file a claim that no one had a clue of, calling HHGregg corporate office where they don't have any good manner to talk to a human being. I have being put thru HELL with this process. Any suggestions? Can I file a lawsuit against this company? Anyone with good suggestions.

Getting service under extended warranty purchased pulling teeth. Get the run around or can't place call due to how written up or not at home in front of appliance. Why do I need to be in front of appliance when they are able to pull up all the information or tell you that they can place call but would have to pay service call. Twice I have called both times got run around that I ended getting repairman and ending up paying for repairs that should of been covered under warranty since I needed use of appliance. Spent lunch hour trying to get appointment under warranty. No luck. Told and order part. Once arrived put on. Still didn't work. Was called. Was told since I attempted to put part on couldn't place service call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hhgregg?

My son went to return a tv that the speakers were not working - (bought it 2 weeks ago). They take the tv in the back and say there are four tiny screws were missing and won't return it. When the tv comes out from the back- the remote now has a sticker on it that's says "demo"! They screwed with it, changed parts, changed the remote and still would not return it. He called the police... and the store just sent him on his way and thanked him for his business. DO NOT BUY FROM THERE!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Finally bankrupt. Knew this was coming the way they treat people. Promise me a refrigerator for Friday. Guess what. It's not in stock... We'll deliver Tuesday. It's now Tuesday and they're not coming... No stock. Going back to get my money back. Hopefully they'll have something in stock. Bankruptcy announced today. I'll never get my money back...

Oven was not working since January 18. Bought extended warranty. Appliance bought in 2014. They have replaced the board once already last year. They responded over a month later. Repairman kept canceling saying they don't service my area. When they did get someone to come out they chipped my countertop and didn't fix the problem. Now they have sent someone else and they didn't fix the problem either. That was Friday. Said had to order parts. Sunday it quit working altogether. So to sum it all up it's been almost three months without a oven. Now without burners. To top it all off they could have replaced the stove by now and saved money. I've called corporate, the store and the warranty people at least 30 times. Would someone help. Please I'm praying for some help. Signed: FRUSTRATED, HELP PLEASE. Someone help us. We've done everything right.

My husband and I purchased 2 televisions from the hhgregg Sandhill location in January 2017. We scheduled our installation for early March. The store had customer service representatives call both myself and husband for confirmation of delivery and installation on three separate occasions. During confirmation, we made sure they understood it was two TV's being delivered with one being an install. The day of delivery and installation, the associate showed up to our residence with one television and NOT the one that was being installed. To our frustrating we rescheduled.

On the second attempt, the installer shows up to our residence after 4:30 and informs us the amount the store sold us was incorrect for placement. On our third attempt at installation, the installer never showed up because the store said WE didn't call back to the 1-800 number to reschedule although we went into the store to reschedule. I will NEVER purchase another product from this company again and I would NEVER recommend them. Customer service in the store was horrible.

Warning if you ever get a service plan you need to know which they will not tell you. My dryer quit working so I try to call them up so they can fix my dryer. Well they told me that they can't sent no one where I am at because I am over 50 radius so they want me to bring it back to give me store credit. I went ahead exchanged it so I thought they will give me my refund back for service plan and they told me I don't get it back so now I got a different dryer and yet I am still paying on my service plan for the dryer that I don't have so beware.

I obtain a credit card at hhgregg to purchase a few appliances. I selected a washer/dryer set for over $2000. I expressed the urgency of delivery, as I purchased a new home. Delivery was set for that Saturday, as the items were in stock. I decided to make a few more purchases of kitchen appliances for my old home, which I am going to rent, and added another $1600 to my hhgregg card on the Thursday before the washer/dryer delivery. I asked to confirm my Saturday delivery, and was told that my washer was delivered to another customer who purchased after me, but requested delivery before mine and I would have to wait. No timeline was given, and I asked to speak to the manager. He was very rude, told me to select another set, and when I declined, he told me to come to his house to wash my clothes!

I expressed my outrage, and he then told me "On some days, rain must fall." Huh? In other words, get over it. I cancelled both orders, called the corporate office, and was told that since I cancelled my order there was nothing to be done, and to speak to the management of the store. The manager of the store was the one who was disrespectful to me! I will never purchase from them again. But then again, since they are going out of business, it matters not. Isn't karma something?

Ok my rant. I bought a washer at hhgregg. Had to wait 2 weeks to be delivered, because they had to order it. Okay that's cool, since I still have a washer, just don't like it. I didn't hear from them, so I called them on Thursday, talked to the manager. She assured my washer was in, and it would be delivered on Saturday. I received a text message and an email saying it was to be deliver between 2:45 and 5:45. So I go to my basement and unhook my washer, move it to the side, Dave takes the door off going to the basement, and cleared stuff out of the way. So 6:00 comes and no phone call. So I call their delivery line, and I was told my delivery won't be till Tuesday. So yes I was pissed, after waiting all day, so I told the lady it would have been nice to get a phone call to tell me this, that I was waiting all day. So she puts me on hold, o hell no. I waited long enough.

So I called the store in N.Canton, talk to the manager. She told me I should have gotten a phone call. So of course, I tell her I didn't get a phone call. She told me she didn't come in till noon, and the person that was suppose to call me left at 3:30. Not my problem. As a manager maybe you need to make sure your employees do their job!!! So after telling her the way I felt about the situation, and I let her know it, she offered me 50.00 off. REALLY. So I tell her if they are delivering it on Tuesday it will have to be in the late afternoon. She tells me she can't promise me that would be the time. WHAT! You just made me wait all day for a confirmed delivery that never happened, and you can't have them deliver it at my time. O HELL NO! So I rip her again, and told her it is my way now, or you can cancel my order. To be continued... OMG! Never again will I buy anything from this store again!!!

My husband and I had purchased a TV at hhgregg several months ago. We were satisfied with customer service and purchase. When it was time for a Washer/Dryer we not only price checked but remembered our positive experience at hhgregg when purchasing our tv. We went to the store with high hopes and found just what we wanted at a low price. We needed to clean out our garage so made the delivery date two weeks later, on a Monday morning. My husband was home from work and waited for delivery. I contacted him at 1:00 p.m., no delivery... I got home by 4:00 hoping machines were there... No delivery. My husband informed me that HE had to contact hhgregg to find out what happened. They informed him that the day before they found out that our Washer/Dryer was out of stock and obviously could not be delivered. First red flag. Why couldn't they call us to tell us that???

In my mind, the order would be cancelled but my husband wanted to give them a chance when they said delivery could be made later in the week. On Wednesday, they called to tell him that Washer/Dryer could be delivered in TWO WEEKS and they would take off $100.00. Mind you, we originally ordered both the beginning of February, gave them two weeks to get it to us, and with the inconvenience of going to an outside laundry, come on hhgregg... I will never purchase any appliance from them ever again and I would not recommend them for any large appliance purchase.

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher from hhgregg approx 2 yrs ago. The soap dispenser broke. I called for repair on warranty. They sent some to DIAGNOSE and they have to return in 10-20 days. Since when are machines bodied that warrant diagnosis and then have the repair man return? This is unacceptable. I want my dishwasher repaired and I want it NOW. I set the appointment up 10 days ago.

I have had this LG LFX25991ST fridge for roughly 4 years now. LG fixed every part under the Sun the first two (2) years of ownership, mainly due to a class action lawsuit. The refrigerator section does not cool properly (it actually freezes my groceries). I have had over 6-8 service calls on this fridge (most of them serviced by LG). It again has had issues with cooling too much. HHGregg claims they have only spent XX% of servicing the product and it does not warrant a replacement. However, no one can seem to fix this issue, I have had 3-4 control boards installed, new gaskets, new thermostats, you name it. It is currently again getting a new thermostat and control board.

I have asked they just replace it, as their warranty states more than 3 repairs of the same thing warrants a replacement. This most recent issue, breast milk is frozen. My wife is livid, as the milk was only in the fridge for 12-15 hours. I hope HHGregg does the right thing and replace this item, I do not know why they try to keep fixing this fridge. The repairman also even stated to them that it's not worth replacing/fixing the parts on this fridge as it keep freezing items. Please help.

We purchased a camera online on Feb. 2, 2017 and I had to call several locations of HHGregg to find this item because customer service said they didn't have one, and I know they did because the store in Columbia SC said they did. So after spending 2 hours on the phone with customer service and finding the product on the 11, after no feedback from online support, I spoke with 7 people so far and no one can help me. So I got a manager on the 12 and stated that she spoke with the Maryland store and they were going to ship it out, well it is the 24th and hasn't shipped ours yet, after she said the GM in the Maryland office said they would have it shipped, and the customer service rep said she didn't even know the guy's name. What a joke.

Ordered a mattress from the Fenton Missouri location on January 31st. They told me the mattress would be in on Feb 10th. Feb 9th I got a call to schedule delivery between 9:30 - 12:30. No one showed up at my house. I called the store and they told me that the mattress didn't come in...but no one bothered to call me. They said my mattress would be in on Feb 17th...no call, no mattress. I called again, they said the mattress would be in on the 23rd. Feb 22nd they called to schedule delivery between 8:30 and 11:30 am...no show again. Call the store upset, had to leave a message for the manager who did not call me back. I called again and told them that I want my money back...they said they can't refund me until I return the item. The item I never received??? I paid them by check and now I am having trouble getting my $1,600 back from them. They aren't even a 1 star!

We went to HHGregg in Newport News yesterday because we got a message saying bring in an authorization number for a stove that was deemed unrepairable. We had a flat top electric stove with a 2 year extended warranty that we got last Aug 8. People came out to look at stove. One said only one thing was wrong with it, then another burner went out so we called again. Another person came out and said the stove no longer was usable. So we went in and a young lady waited on us. My husband gave her the authorization number and looked up what we had and we looked at several stoves. Found one we liked that was less expensive and told us we had a credit so we got the plug, and then she wanted us to get a warranty. We told her we just purchased one last Aug and she told us since we are getting a replacement the warranty was no longer good. Do they have to give us a credit for the warranty we had.

I don't suggest buying from hhgregg. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with. My too long story: I ordered a TV on 11/27/16. TV gets here super fast. Opened it up, set it up and realize they sent me the same TV I ordered WITHOUT the "smart" part of it. They tell me after I call them that they sent it to me because the one I ordered was out of stock. They email me a return shipping label and I bundle it up and ship it back. They agree to send me a different TV in place of the one I ordered... which happens to be about $150 more than the one I ordered. So I thought that was nice of them.

Tracking shows TV was returned. I call them to let them know. The person that received it apparently never completely signed it in saying it was complete/returned, so I was told there was nothing they could do until he finished the return signing. Conveniently by now it's Christmas week and I'm told he must be on vacation (and this is calling them every other night for at least an hour each time and on hold for most of the call). So early January, I finally talk to someone who says looks like it has been signed for and new TV will be shipped Monday. Am told if I don't see anything by Wednesday, call them. So of course I haven't received shipping confirmation so I call them. To add to the craziness I keep getting transferred to a store location where the manager says he doesn't understand why I keep getting transferred to them and also doesn't know why I don't have the TV yet - they have several in stock in store.

So finally it's February. I get a TV shipped to me. I get home. Open it up. It looks like a ball was thrown at it: the screen pushed in on top and a small crack with light coming through. So aggravated at this point! The person I spoke to that evening/their supervisor said I could keep the TV since they would just toss it anyways and get a refund. Though I need to send package and TV pictures. So I agree. She said to expect $ in 3-5 business days. I gave it a week - and nothing.

So I call. On hold/talk for over an hour. Now this person said I need to send it back for a refund! Why different answers? So I said if I'm sending it back I want the correct TV replaced, not $. So they agree and confirm the model to be sent to me and send me a new shipping label. I returned it. Arrived in a week or so. I called them to let them know it was returned and to ship me the new one (because they can't keep track of it themselves!). So they say it should ship in 24 hours... I was on hold for a while and figured this person made an order out for it. So 2 days later I didn't have time to be on phone/hold, I Facebook texted hhgregg (because we're close like that) and they replied that my refund will be coming back to me. That's not what I had agreed to when I returned the TV!

So I finally get a chance to call and speak to someone. They tell me that because they already sent me the money back (which I didn't see for another 3 days in my account) that they weren't able to send me that TV. They didn't give me the option to give that $ back. She said all I could do is buy the TV and they would refund me the difference in price! Ya right, like I'd ever see that money! I guess at least I got my original money back, but you'd think after this huge ordeal they'd AT LEAST accept that original $ back and send me the TV. I'm not ordering from there again, and I don't suggest anyone does. :(

We ordered a new fridge, washer, dryer and stands. 1st delivery had no washer on the truck. 2nd delivery had a washer with dents and got sent back. 3rd delivery had washer with dents again and got sent back. 4th delivery is not set up. If it comes back messed up we are sending our entire $5,000 order back.

I ordered a projector for Thanksgiving, basically mid-November. End of Nov, mid-Dec, came and went without delivery or any type of notice other than the original email confirming my order. My credit card was also charged immediately in November, but otherwise no other interaction. I tried to reach out via email but their system wouldn't allow for some reason. Eventually in December I was able to get through to customer service on the phone. They said the item was OOS and would be available in early January. I elected to wait. January came and went with no response. I called customer service again, eventually getting through (every time I have to wait 10-15 mins), and was told the same thing, OOS but should be available soon. I waited, again with no response.

In February I finally called thinking I'd cancel my order. I was then told by CS that the item was available but the shipping department was closed. They'd call me back with tracking number, etc. but I of course never heard from them. I called back a week later, incidentally got the same person who helped me the first time, and she basically pushed it through. So now more than three months after I originally ordered and they charged my credit card, item has shipped. The question now is whether I will actually receive what I ordered.

My wife and I went to hhgregg for a washer and dryer because of an advertisement on the radio. We decided what we wanted (which ended up not being what was on the commercial). After telling the salesman ELECTRIC dryer, he came back to tell us that he had 2 GAS dryers in stock. I asked "What about electric?" He said "I have to go back and look." He said he had one in stock so I set up delivery for the following Tuesday. During checkout, however, he tried ringing me up for a gas dryer, again. Once that got resolved, he told me they'd contact me on Monday to tighten the delivery window.

By the time 2:30 had rolled around, I contacted them. They replied "they'll contact you between 7-8". Now it's 8:15, and still no call. So I reach out to them AGAIN, to find out that they didn't actually have any in stock, and that they wouldn't be getting more until Thursday. So the earliest I could have it delivered was Friday. Fast forward to Thursday, about 8:15, no confirmation for Friday. So I reach out to them, AGAIN, to find out that it was a "soft delivery date" (whatever that means), and that the earliest they can deliver is Monday. Order cancelled. I went to Best Buy and saved $70.

On February 10, 2017, I received a email from hhgregg for 10% off first time online orders. I went forward to purchase a 60" Westinghouse for $529. First, the coupon did not work! Secondly, they charged my card then and sent me a email that they were unable to fulfill the order. I went to the store and they had 3 of the TV's in stock. But I could not get one. They cancelled my transaction and 10 days later the money is still not refunded. Needless to say the store and online do not interface at all. The manager told me the online piece of hhgregg is a separate company! Now I may have to wait up to 30 days! hhgregg SUCKS. Next time I'll go to Best Buy!

Went to hhgregg in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on January 27, 2017 to purchase a television. We had researched and knew what we wanted and ask if they had that particular LG TV. The store was EMPTY of customers except for one other shopper but at least 5-7 sales associates standing around doing nothing. Three sales persons standing with us placing our order. We were told they did not have that TV at this store but they called the Hilliard store across town and spoke with the "manager" and were told they had three at that location. He rang it up and called back immediately advising them we had paid for the TV and to tag one. We were told that we could come back and pick the TV up probably by the following Wednesday and we would get a phone call to advise us when it was in.

It was to be shipped to their central warehouse in Indianapolis, IN then sent to Reynoldsburg for pick-up. No call Wed or Thurs. We contacted them Friday and were told probably Saturday that they got 3 shipments/wk. Monday, still no call. Called and ask for manager. We're told manager busy. Left number for call back at 11:30am. 2pm, no callback. Called back and again ask for manager. "Chris" one of the managers said he had not received the message to call. No apology. He then played dumb and said they did not transfer televisions from one store to another. Even though he had access to the invoice he again played dumb, pretending he did not know who sold us the TV and why they would have told us that they could have the TV shipped there.

It's hard to believe three associates were standing there at the time of the sale and none of them disputed this transfer of merchandise yet "Chris" acted as though this was impossible. He offered no apology, no resolution, no offer to come to the store and pick out another TV, no additional discounts. He was worthless and I doubt he really was a "manager". A complete waste of our time. A week later the charge was still on our credit card. We had to drive back over and get a copy of the return for our records. We had purchased kitchen appliances there in 2014. We will NEVER step foot in that store again and will never do business with them.

We actually wasted even more time by calling the customer service line twice. The first time they transferred us back to "Chris" without even telling us what they were doing. The second time they said they would call us back. That was a week ago. Still waiting for that phone. Definitely some incompetent people working for this company. In today's market with retail stores struggling to stay in business they really need to focus on customer service. It is imperative to survival!

We purchased an LG refrigerator Mod# LFX25978ST/00 and Serial # 207MRUY0U566 from our local hhgregg with an extended warranty. To try to exercise a warranty repair has been a nightmare. Furthermore; to get a responsible and reliable repair company has been a true test of our patience. The 1st repair tech cracked the inner door assembly while replacing the ice maker. The 2nd tech showed with the incorrect part and now the 3rd technician did not have all the part required to complete the repair. Months later my refrigerator remains not fixed. May say; I called the repair company and described the issues, the second and 3rd tech took images of the problem and still WARRANTECH DON'T GET IT. I will never buy another appliance from hhgregg. Pathetic.

Ordered a refrigerator November 25, salesman says "We can deliver it Dec. 5". December 5th comes and there is no delivery of a refrigerator. I call customer service and I am disconnected the first time, second time they transfer me to a store and put on hold for 30 mins. However, after speaking to a manager they say they don't know what happened and will call me back. Three more days go by and hear nothing from them. I call them again and get the same response that they will contact me when they hear something about my refrigerator. This goes on for over two months of them saying they can't locate my refrigerator. I call once a week and even stop by the store I bought it from to get some details. I am told nothing about my purchase. Needless say the order has been cancelled, in addition I am very sorry I paid cash because the store can only cash out $250 from the register and have to wait for the remainder through the mail.

I'm thinking if they can't deliver their own product how can I trust them to refund over $1,500. Maybe the USPS can get that done for them. Customer service is a complete mess for this company. I was more than patient with them and was willing to keep the sale of contract, but they just left me in the dark and offered no solutions for me. I will not be using them again and actually feel bad for them. I never write online reviews but felt compelled to do so because of the complete disregard for their customers. STAY AWAY FROM HHGREGG.

We bought a couple of large appliances from hhgregg. We were going to go with Lowe's, etc., but hhgregg was closer and had the models in stock and we needed a place to put our food because our old fridge died. Part of the deal sealer was a $100 gift card to be used to buy water filters for the fridge.

Well, the story starts here. Went to redeem the gift card, found out that it had an expiration date. Told the sales manager, who was whom we bought the appliances from a year ago, and he was about as helpful and as apathetic as a rock. When I asked them to call Corp and find out what was going on, he grunted and dialed, and all the other sales staff disappeared quickly. Called Corp CS, same rude, nonhelpful we don't care attitude... NEVER NEVER NEVER again... Go with Lowe's or Home Depot. We were reticent to go to hhgregg the first time, now never again. I guess the empty parking lots and rude sales staff should have piqued our interest.

My husband and I purchased a GE washer from hhgregg with the 5 year extended warranty. Almost two years to the day after purchasing the washer, it got to the point it would spin out of control during the wash cycle(bouncing all over the place) and/or wouldn't drain all the water out of the drum...it didn't matter how few or how many clothing items were in it. I called the warranty number to have the washer repaired, granted I called on a Sunday and the day after was Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The lady I spoke with said it would be a few days before they found a technician or I heard anything. I called Wednesday and the lady said it might take a few days, but I would hear from a service center soon.

I called the following Tuesday because I hadn't heard anything back, and she said I was scheduled for Friday January 27 between 8am-5pm (even though nobody had called to notify me of an appointment. Apparently they do not realize that people work and can't just sit around waiting all day for someone to arrive during such a large time slot. I finally received a phone call yesterday (1/26/17), from the service department of the company they contacted to do the repairs, to officially notify me of the appointment scheduled between 8am-5pm for 1/27/17. I called this morning (1/27/17) to ask for a smaller time frame to expect a technician, and the lady told me that since I called and asked, they could give me a 2 hour window. She said a technician would arrive between 3pm-5pm (I would have been extremely upset had I waited ALL DAY LONG and a technician not arrived until 3pm-5pm!!).

I asked if the technician would have parts on his/her truck, and she said that they will have some but if they do not have the parts with them, they will have to be ordered... So here I am, with a family, waiting for nearly TWO WEEKS WITHOUT A WASHER... crossing my fingers and hoping that the technician has the parts with him/her and can repair my washer today, because after realizing HOW AWFUL THE TURN AROUND TIME IS WITH THIS RIDICULOUS WARRANTY I PAID FOR, if they have to order parts, there is no telling how much longer we will be without a washer. I wish everyone could see this review, because if I would have known then what I know now, I WOULD NOT have purchased anything from hhgregg, especially an extended warranty!!!

Ordered my appliances as a package deal online Black Friday. Was told they should be delivered around Dec. 6. Stayed home all day waiting no phone call. After calling several times I finally spoke to a lady (Kayla) that stated my fridge was on back order. Waited another week or 2 called again spoke to (Kayla) saying that my appliances would be delivered Dec. 20.

Due to a death in the family I sat at the funeral home with my home on silent because I was told that they would call a couple of hours before delivery. My neighbor was waiting for the call from me so she could go to my house for the delivery. No phone call again. I returned home after the funeral started calling 2 hours later I spoke to (Kayla) again stating my microwave was on back order. I ask, "Since Christmas was going to be in 5 days could we come and pick up the dishwasher, fridge and stove?" She said since I purchased as a package deal that she could not allow me to do that! I said, "Well I will cancel my order and go elsewhere!"

Went to the location in Elizabethtown, Ky. The manager sold me a fridge and a stove saying that he would order the other 2 appliances and that I could come and pick it up on 12-26. I did not receive a call so I called about one week later. Was told that it had not been ordered but they would get right on it! I received a call from a guy by the name if Indy saying my dishwasher and microwave was there with my name on it, so my son and I went to pick it up no dishwasher. I did get my microwave, was told by Indy that it must have been put out on display. I told him that I would take it because I was tired of waiting. Just happened that I walked over and looked at it. They had the bubble wrap getting ready to wrap it so that could load it in my sons truck. There was a huge dent on the bottom of the door then he walked me over to another one trying to get me to take it, the door was busted!

I said, "I want you to order me a dishwasher now." Received a call a few days ago saying it was there when I called to confirm so my son could pick it up. I was told that it was on the truck for delivery today. I sat here until about an hour ago waiting. Finally called and spoke to the manager. He said that he would have to order me another but their truck does not deliver in Leitchfield on Thursday then he said that it would be a $25. Delivery fee! I told him what I thought about their service, could not believe he would even said anything about a delivery fee! After 2 months still do not have my dishwasher!!! Would not purchase a thing from this company!!!

The staff at the store were very patient and very nice. That being said, the rest of my experience with hhgregg has been horrible. On December 1, 2016, I order 4 major kitchen appliances with a delivery date of January 6th. The fridge came and, while the delivery people didn't really unpack the inside or put on the shelves, it was generally okay. The person who was to install the microwave and dishwasher, however, was a nightmare. Despite my frequent calls to ensure that both the delivery center and the installer were aware that I had paid to have both appliances installed, he did not have installation of the microwave on his sheet. But for some reason, he brought it anyway. Rather than get clarification, he would not even unpack it from the box and said it couldn't be installed because of the cabinet molding.

After more than a week of no way to cook, a delivery person from another appliance retailer was bringing my laundry appliances and he did it for me. So after some serious aggravation, I have 3 kitchen appliance working but no range/cooktop. It's now close to 2 months since the date I ordered and paid in full, at which time I was never told it was backordered. Living in my new home for weeks with absolutely no way to prepare hot meals. Just awful.

hhgregg Company Profile