1.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

hhgregg

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

756 hhgregg Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Purchased a Maytag Washer and Dryer Set in 2015. Washer stopped working in July 2017. Warranty company sends out their preferred agents, who string you along for months then the warranty company denies the claim! The control board went out. What could I have done to a totally encased control board? The warranty company said, "Too bad," Maytag said "well sometimes bad ones come off the assembly line and you got one." They would do nothing! I want my money back for the $300 I spent on the useless warranty and the pro-rated portion of the Maytag washer I will never be able to use because nobody stands behind their product or service! Unbelievable. Hope everyone who has had problems stands up and demands they make things right!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We bought a new Samsung refrigerator from HH Gregg in July of 2014 and bought the extended warranty. It started leaking from the front door ice dispenser a few months ago. I called to get service out and discovered they have gone out of business. Not only that, but my "lifetime warranty" I paid for is obviously nonexistent since their warranty company AMT doesn't answer the phone. Samsung won't help me out with the parts either because it is no longer under the 1 yr mfg warranty. If there is a class action suit against HH Gregg I want to be in on it!! I am LIVID at the way they screwed a LOT of people out of their money!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Someone should start a class action lawsuit against my protection 360 plan because they made a mistake and they jumped the gun and a paid out HH Gregg a store that was in the process of closing so that this way nobody can get their merchandise sent out. What happens now with the people that have current contracts under with warranties and the refrigerator breaks it. They said they only cover replacement but where we going to get these replacement products from and why can't they honor. That was from before why can't they honor that now.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I purchased a 5 year warranty with HHgregg on December of 2015. My dryer door is not working properly so I tried all the numbers that I had and none of them are working. So after searching the internet I finally found a phone number that works and also website that you could file your claim. I would like to share with everyone so they can file a claim because I know how frustrating this could be. The phone number is 800-446-9134 and the website is myprotectionplan360.com. I hope this helps at least one person. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I've called all the numbers for HHGregg, and they don't have any good numbers. I know the business went out but people bought warranties and what happens to our money that we spent on them if we don't have anyone to service the appliances. This is just wrong and so sad. Please let people know if the warranties aren't gonna be serviced and refund our money so we can get someone to do it. You had a year to contact people before you filed bankruptcy and left us out uncovered. Come on. Businesses communication is key. If you couldn't refund the money you could of hired contractors to keep up the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hhgregg?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I purchased an entire appliance package for almost $3700, from hhgregg on Feb. 23rd of this year. They showed up on March 10th to deliver my products and brought me floor models. I didn't purchase floor models and refused the order. I went to the Homestead FL store to get the cancellation of the order in writing 2 days later. Not only would they not give it to me in writing, they informed me that they were in a Chapter 11 situation. They would only credit my purchase for $2850, which I refused.

I put in a claim with Synchrony bank for the entire amount. That resulted in a credit for the $2850 with a balance of over $800. Either I pay it or hurt my credit score. I got an attorney, filed a claim against hhgregg but to no avail. There is a stay against trying to collect from them. It even states those who violate this stay can be required to pay actual and punitive damages and attorney's fees. I have lost over $800 and have no appliances and received nothing for these monies. Hhgregg certainly ripped me off!! Stay away from Synchrony Bank too!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

So the stores near me have closed and has been for sometime now. I've tried getting my tv replaced for my children before warranty expired and unfortunately with my work schedule and trying to balance my kids I just didn't pay enough attention. But from here on out I'll never purchase anything in my life from hhgregg.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Warranty on washer. I have called for 3 days to try and find out who will accept or who is taking over hhgregg's warranties. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! SENT $100 ON WARRANTY COVERAGE! Now 1 year since I bought it is now broke down after flooding out my basement. Can someone anyone help me.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I bought all three (3) of these items within the past 7 months, prior to the closing of the store. Two (2) of these products have completely stop working and my laptop simply shuts off when I am working on it. I've even contacted HP and they could help. My television two weeks ago just stop responding to the remote so I unplugged it and little did I know it wouldn't come back on. My Bose speaker attempts to turn on only to shut off. I don't know what in the world has happened to these electronics I purchased; however, I am still making payments on these items and I can't even use them. So I called the 800 numbers and no one answers, there is just an automated system and should you select the option of "other" it will tell you that their office hours are from 8 am - 6 pm Monday-Friday (blah, blah, blah); however, no one answers, the phone hangs up! I need my stuff fixed. I have over $1000 invested in products I can't even use.

Original review: June 19, 2017

This has been the most frustrating and horrid experience after paying $99.99 to insure a over the range microwave from the defunct HHGregg stores!!! I put in my claim on 5/21/17 and now over a month later, service companies out to my home, numerous phone calls and holding for over 30-40 minutes each time they have decided to pay me $314 total policy limits!!! So, I'm out delivery charges, $100 in insurance payment and a microwave which I will not be able to replace for that amount.

If you look at what the store gave you as a "policy" it never ever shows the amount of the policy limits! If I would have been explained the amount paid out I would have NEVER purchased this trash! Never again will I buy any extended warranty for any appliance in my life. The service (2 companies) companies that came to my home told me that they do this whole dog and pony show but they never fix anything. They know that paying out the policy is cheaper than replacing or repairing. The service that these people give you are better off dealing with China, Philippines or India.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Hhgregg has close all their store. They never told the consumers if you bought an extended warranty who would service your product or if you would get a refund of your money on that purchase. If you try to call to get service the warranty dept just keeps you on hold. I need some answers. If there is anyone out there that knows how they can help me please email at **.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I bought a dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, & microwave. Before it was delivered, they sold my appliances to someone else. THEY WILL SELL YOUR STUFF! They gave me upgrades on each item because they had no same replacements. Accidental score, right?! Nope, maybe not. The "upgrades" were floor models. My refrigerator started sounding like a roller skate and stopped working within a week. Lost all my food. I called them and told them I wanted a replacement. No. Now that they are liquidated, there are no returns or replacements. He said he would "email all the departments and someone would call me to set up repair." Never happened.

I called back days later. They don't do "delivery replacements" now because they don't even have delivery service anymore. I asked, "Are you saying you will replace if I can find a way to do all the moving?" He said "Yes, but I have to check." Put me on hold, came back and said, "I can't do it. I asked the liquidator that is here and he said no replacements." He gave me the manufacturer's phone number to call for repair. That is it. That is as far as it goes with them now. Their website says they will even cover lost food. Not gonna happen, folks. They may have good deals right now but... buy at your own risk.

I am at work right now, boiling mad. I don't want anyone else to go thru the extreme hassles I have had with this. The guy even asked me how I got thru. Sounded agitated. Did not let me give vague answer. I had to give details of how I reached the store! They have already cut their phones. I went thru a back door. Called HH Gregg corporate, pushed button for delivery, then gave my zip code and got transferred to the store via a human. If I hadn't learned how to do that from the 8 other times I had to call regarding this fiasco, I would not have gotten thru. If I could give zero stars, I would. 5 people I have spoken with about them selling my appliances after having sold them to me... not one of them ever apologized.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We purchased a microwave oven a few years ago and had technicians over to fix the unit several times. Seems the internal computer was at fault and they replaced it. However, this did not fix the problem and after complaining, HH Gregg issued a credit for $314.00 +/-. We just found out yesterday that HH Gregg are closing all the stores, so we went to the store in Fort Myers Florida and there is a notice that as of 4/22/17 they will not honor the credit. This is total robbery! What can I do to get the money owed to me? I tried calling corporate office and when I followed the instructions and was supposed to be connected to customer service the line was disconnected. Up until yesterday I can honestly say that we never had any problems with HH Gregg. I spent thousands of dollars over the years and this is thanks I get?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I purchased a stove and refrigerator from hhgregg two years ago and the appliances are breaking down. Two months after purchasing the refrigerator the door handle broke. The stove handle broke last week and the aisles on the stove all burned out. It took them forever to bring the parts to replace. I will not ever refer anyone to this store ever.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Purchased Premium Service Plan in July 2013 for 5 years on Whirlpool Refrigerator. Called for service April 4, 2017. Farm it out to Comp-Teks. After 3 weeks and 1 day on April 21, 2017, they claim to repair it after appearing once to order parts. It acts exactly the same as before they repair it. I call for further repair on April 24, 2017 and have heard nothing after calling Comp-Teks and hhgregg. In bankruptcy and not paying bills? May never get service? Consider creating your own warranty fund--put warranty money there and use it when you must and skip all warranties. I usually do this but the $100 for 5 years sounded too good. It was.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I purchased an out of the box dishwasher at the hhgregg in Kissimmee, Fl on Dyer Ave. I was told that all out of box items were good as new because they were tested after customers returned them and that I had 30 days to return the item if I had any issues with it. Fast forward a couple of weeks, I am having obvious issues with the crappy dishwasher, not draining, foul odor, running longer than expected, leaving dishes just as dirty, etc. I called the store to tell them what was happening and they informed me I could return it because I was in my 30 days. I could not get to the store that week because I needed to get someone to disconnect the washer for me as I did not know how to that.

Now I go back (still within my 30 days at the end of the stretch but still 30 days) and surprise! They have going out of business signs everywhere! I bring my dishwasher in my SUV and ask an employee to help me bring it in. He refuses and tells me I need to go to the front with my receipt first. Ok I do that. Then I am told that due to their bankruptcy and their court order their return policy changed to 14 days now! What?? What does that mean? The employee stated there was nothing he could do and I asked to speak to the manager.

The manager of that store (I did not get his name but am happy to describe him: Tall ** man, older, glasses, dark hair and a lazy eye). The manager was rude, disrespectful, arrogant and humiliating in the manner he addressed me. He told me he wasn't taking it back period. Never offered a solution: no apology, no credit towards a new dishwasher or something else in the store. No options whatsoever. He even proceeded to blatantly ignore me while I was still speaking. I was so discouraged. I felt taken advantage of. I was a customer who purchased a dishwasher that someone else returned (now I know why it was returned). I was told that it was "good as new". I believed them. They lied. I was also told I had 30 days to return it. They lied there too. Apparently they can change their return policy as they see fit. And now that the store is going out of business they could care less about anyone at all. They don't care and it shows.

I took the dishwasher out of my vehicle myself and carried inside the store where I left it for them to clean up their act. I may have lost my money although I will be filing a claim with my credit card company; but at least I felt like I proved my point to the ** manager. The dishwasher is now his problem. He may turn around and sell it to someone else tomorrow and then you will read another horrible review on this store.

And the corporate office was not any help either. They basically said there was nothing they could do and it's unfortunate that people who bought prior to the bankruptcy are affected this way. I was told I abandoned the dishwasher so they can't help me. That had I called corporate before perhaps I could have called the manufacturer as the dishwasher was under warranty. They offered no solutions to my problem and when I told them I was going to dispute with my credit card company I was told "that's what you need to do then, we can't help you". Wow, thanks corporate!

And as far as my complaint on the horrible manager... nothing. He's still there treating people any way he wants to. And reselling defective merchandise knowing he won't honor any returns. That is wrong and they should not be in business at all. What they are doing is wrong. I will never shop at any HHGREGG at all ever! Their business ethic is pathetic. And nobody holds anyone accountable. It is not fair.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I would not give any stars if it were possible. On March 25, 2017 my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire gas range with all the bells and whistles for $944.49 along with the accessories of meat probe and griddle which were to come included with the stove per manufacturer. The salesman Micah checked with the warehouse for availability, there was not a problem. This range was to be delivered on March 28, 2017. On the supposed day of delivery we get a phone call stating the warehouse did not have the range, and could not give a reason why. It would be another week for delivery, then upon calling hhgregg back we were told it is now on back-order and they have no idea when we will get it. I told them that was not going to work and we were coming to the store.

Upon going to the store the salesman informed us they were filing bankruptcy. We then chose an upgrade from the floor models and took it home ourselves. The griddle and probe were missing and the salesman said he would search the backroom, he was sure it was there and he would call me to pick it up, if he could not locate he would order from Frigidaire and have them mailed directly to us. That is another 70 mile trip. No call, no accessories. I then called the store 2 weeks later to be told by Tyler, the hateful manager that he would look into it and call me right back, I have not heard from him since. I called back for him 4 hrs. later and he had gone home.

I spoke with Brad, the assistant manager who told me they could never order from the manufacturer, their delivery department was responsible for that and he would transfer me to that department. But not before telling me that the hhgregg stores were all closing due to being bankrupt. They would cease to exist period on May 31, 2017. He stated maybe I should order and pay for the accessories and have hhgregg reimburse me. Not happening. He also stated that my salesman Micah had quit.

He then transferred me to the delivery and order dept., this man's name was Finch. He was very aggravated. He said the salesman had known for a couple months that hhgregg was closing a lot of their warehouses and it was taking longer to deliver everything, hence not getting the first stove on time. He also stated that they had not been able to order any parts for over a month. He said I should turn it in on my warranty. That is not possible, there is nothing wrong with the range, it is missing accessories only that were to be included in the price of the range. Frigidaire told me to order them, but I would need to send payment when I did. The next step was to file a complaint with our bank as we paid with one of our Visa Debit Cards. We are waiting to hear from our bank tomorrow.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My family lost everything in the flood in August 2016 in Baton Rouge. We used our insurance funds to purchase appliances from hhgregg on February 17, 2017. Before they even filed chapter 11, they cancelled our purchase - THE SAME DAY WE PAID, which tells me they never planned to deliver our appliances BUT they kept & cashed the check! They continued to lie & say they were scheduling delivery dates (5 times) but each time, no one showed up & no one called us. Each time we called to find out what was going on, there was never any record of a scheduled delivery - I guess not if they cancelled our purchase on February 17, 2017 - which, by the way, we didn't find out about until April 10, 2017 when I called to check the status of delivery for today, April 14, 2017!

That is theft! They stole our money knowing they would soon be filing bankruptcy & this was a way to get away with this! I'm beyond furious that this major corporation is being allowed to steal from people who are already being taken advantage of by so many on top of losing everything we owned to a natural disaster. It's sad, despicable, deplorable & felonious! After reading all the reviews from people going through the same things - cancelled deliveries with no notice, unconcerned customer "service", lack of willing to assist, unfair practices - selling your paid for appliances, selling items not in stock, cancelling orders, etc. - it's no wonder they are going out of business. Hhgregg, WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK. This is NOT fair.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Yesterday I purchased a display microwave, a TV bracket and a discounted Grill. The sign said 30% off. It didn't say that possible parts were missing or as is. Upon leaving I noticed the ignitor was damaged and one other part missing. The man who helped me put it in the truck was very kind and we were going to try and locate the missing parts from another box. When I opened one of the boxes a very loud voice from the other side of the store "You can't do that." The operations manager Ty ** is who said this. I was so shocked by the way she was treating me I decided to record it on my phone. She did not like this and said she was going to call the police. I welcome to that option. The police never came and I waited. She is very untrained, unprofessional and rude. There was no resolution only rudeness to my problem. Very upset.

Original review: April 7, 2017

A year and 4 months ago my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire fridge and Dishwasher from HHgregg. All was well. We bought them, set up delivery and purchased an extended warranty. So we thought! The day before delivery I sold our current fridge and dishwasher making room for the new appliances. As I sit and wait for a phone call in the morning for a window time like I was told, I then turn to my husband and state we still yet have not received one. I proceed to contact the store to find out my delivery was never scheduled. Instead they scheduled for the water hose and ice machine to be set up! Funny how they went about that being we did not even have the appliances in the home?!

So of course I am told how extremely sorry they are! They will be there on Monday with the new appliances! Well I was having none of this being I just sold all my old ones! Also that I am a customer who just spent thousands with the company, I think they could have tried a bit harder to make things work!!! At this point in time I ended up with the floor model for the dishwasher and the fridge days later!!

Now a year and 4 months later you would think I would be done with the stress of hhgregg! Well guess again! This past Sunday evening April 2, 2017 I start to smell burning plastic! Immediately I get my husband as we spent an hour trying to figure out the source of the smell! At this point in time an electrician arrived at the home. My husband and I think the issue is inside the wall. He pulls out the fridge and starts to take it apart. He then starts to yell, "Unplug it. Unplug. It's catching fire!!!" Thank God we caught this soon enough! If the situation were to arise while we were asleep or the dog home alone this situation could of been much worse!!! Now at this point in time I call our realtor due to the fact we are selling the home and have a warranty at the moment!

The following day the technician shows up. He states that the ice machine was used then the starter caught fire and seized the compressor. The fridge is now no good. He then advised us to get back in contact with hhgregg! I was dreading doing. That being why we went with the route of the home warranty company. Due to the fact we knew hhgregg was horrible!! So at this point in time I contact the company, tell them the situation, being aware that we have the extended warranty. I am told they can only schedule for someone to come to our home that Monday. Now this is a week later!

Let me reminded you we have two small children in the home. I have absolutely no groceries! My breast milk 4 months worth gone and ruined! Now they did state they would reimburse the food in the fridge! BUT what about all the meals I have to buy for five days now! Not only am I out a fridge and could of been out a home as well! I am out a fridge full of food. Spending tons to eat out! I feel as if my situation should be a priority! This could have been extremely worse and should not be taken so lightly!! Hhgregg only ran me in circles speaking with different representatives! Myself having to call them back when being told I would receive a call back!! I have asked multiple multiple times to speak to corporate!! I know that people purchase warranties every day! And I am more than positive that more than half will not get used so take care of the ones who need it!

HHgregg has no concern for their customers! They have lost our business! I also will be writing a review on Frigidaire as well! I had to get in contact with as well to tell them about the product!! Why do people have jobs! When the customers are doing all the work! I have a job I should not have to try and move up a repair day. I should not have to call Frigidaire, they should! End of rant! I am extremely upset and stressed with the situation I am faced with at the moment! I hope this does good for another family so they do not have to endure the stress we are at the moment.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Deserve to be out of Business. Went to hhgregg Springfield VA and pointed out microwave that I wanted to buy. Salesman loaded it into my car and when I got home and unloaded the microwave, realized that I was given the wrong microwave. They would not allow me to exchange it because the store was being liquidated. Contacted customer service and the Corporate service and got absolutely NO assistance. I am now out $250 and have a microwave that does not fit in my kitchen. Thanks for nothing hhgregg!

Original review: March 30, 2017

Purchased a computer and extended warranty. The computer started shutting down. They sent a tech with a part to put it. It did not fix it. They put a program on the computer to measure the heat in the computer. It showed one hot symbol. They sent the tech again a few days later and another part. They ran the program again and had all kinds of fire signs on it. They said because it didn't shut down immediately as it was it was fine. The tech tried to tell them there was something still wrong. Warrantech people told him it was fine and to leave.

Two days later the computer literally blew up. It had fire and smoke coming out of it. Called HHGregg again and they said they would call back in one day. Now a week later we talked to the Vendor Relations Supervisor and was informed that they will only give us $517.99 back on a $739.99 purchase. Take it or leave it. We can have a $222.00 store credit that can only be spent at their store. Explain there was nothing else we need -- just a desktop computer, which they no longer sell.

Asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she would pass on the message. Her attitude said "Don't hold your breath -- we got your money and there is nothing you can do about it." DON'T BUY ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY ITEMS THAT DEALS WITH WARRANTECH or their parent company... They do not honor their warranties... Do not buy from hhgregg... They will hold you hostage to buy from store credits. Now I sit and wonder if we will ever see any of our money after the attitudes of these people.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I phoned hhgregg on March 17th 2017 and explained that my 1 and a half year old Maytag washer was not operating. I explained that the electronic message stated DL which by looking in the customer handbook in the troubleshooting it stated that that meant Door Lock. I spoke with a agent at the following number 877-456-9643. I explained that I had paid $149.00 for the 5 yr extended warranty. I was then told I would receive a call in 1-2 business days. I waited 3 business days and phoned back to the same number I had called with my claim #**. I was then told that there was a search for a repair company that would be getting back to me the next day for sure. That also, did not happen.

I then phoned again the next day on March 23rd and was told that Park Appliance Repair center would be here Friday the 24th. I waited until 2:30 pm and I phoned the repair company and asked what time they would be at my house to fix my washer. I was then told it would now be Monday March 27th. I then phoned them again and the person at Park Appliance said not today. They said it would be more like Friday the 31st and told me. "... by the way mam, we will look at it and then we have to get permission to order a part for the door lock and then come a later time to install it." Which will be more like 1 to 2 weeks total!!

There are 5 people in my household and I can't use my washer! I am disabled due to cancer/leukemia. I can't go to the laundromat and use their washer! I am not physically able. I then re-phoned HHGREGG customer service and the agent apologized but, suggested that I pay for a Maytag repairman to come and repair my washer which she said it would cost between $150-$200 and then try to get reimbursed for my out of pocket cost. I find this totally UNACCEPTABLE! I have been lied to Over and Over again! Don't buy the WARRANTY!! It is VERY MISLEADING!

Original review: March 26, 2017

We purchased a LG 65 inch 4k TV. Although we never strayed from a Samsung. We allowed the salesperson Brad to persuade us to take a look at the LG. He said that it was a top contender with Samsung, if not better, so we bought it. He (Brad) never told us about the cord needed to get the picture that was displayed in store. Also we bought the Bose sound bar and woofer and of course that sound was amazing! But the Bose was demonstrated by Brad with this digital control that we thought came with the system as advertised. But when we got it home, it did not. Two things happened. We found the TV for $100 cheaper on Amazon and was told if, "when buying the TV that they would give us the difference." So we went back to try to collect our difference. The general manager yells "That's only if Our store has a price drop." Again, that was not told to us by the salesperson.

So I showed the Reggie that his store as well had the same TV for less. Man you would have thought this money was coming out of his pocket. He sure didn't want to honor that. But eventually we got our money back after arguing with the general manager. Him, being upset, of us, speaking about how the salesperson neglected to tell us about the cord as he sold us the TV. Customers are never right at this store. I just wanted him to admit that we should have been told about the cord. We didn't live around the corner and we would have gotten the cord with the purchase of the TV, if so mentioned. We purchased the cord at Best Buy.

We refuse to put any more of our money back into this establishment. But I couldn't stomach the way we were treated after spending 3k with this store. We returned the TV and general manager Reggie with his bad attitude and cheap suit wearing **. Had the audacity to charge us a 20% restocking fee. Which he repeated saying several times making sure we heard that we had to pay for restocking. It didn't bother us as much as it seemed to bother him. I would have paid 50%. But it was no way in hell that we were keeping this TV! So Ultimately we got our Samsung from Costco. The end! PS, I have been in Georgia for less than a year and this was the worst that we have been treated as a consumer and I would recommend you NOT spend your money here!!!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Scam scam scam. Purchasers beware. Ok so three year ago I purchase an appliance set from hhgregg on their store credit card. So the salesman informed me of no interest if paid in full by three years. He set my payments up and I asked him if the minimum payment showed would have it paid off in the time period. "Yes Sir," he said. So the payments were 85 dollars a month and made payment 100 to 150 a month. Now on my last statement came and it 1800 dollars back finance charge. Which with the remaining balance that the amount owed to what. My balance was when I made the purchase. So unless you like paying twice for something. DON'T FALL FOR IT.

Original review: March 21, 2017

The reason for my review is to let other individuals know what has happened, so they do not make the same mistake as I did and purchase from HH Gregg. On February 07, 2017 I had purchased a Cooktop from HH Gregg in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. I had made the purchase with the understanding that the Cooktop from HH Gregg would be in on February 22, 2017. Plans were made around that delivery, because a countertop needed to be installed. I had called the Reynoldsburg HH Gregg on February 20th to confirm the delivery date for February 22nd and I was told by a salesman that everything was still good to go and the Cooktop would be on the delivery truck February 22nd.

On February 22nd I called the store to find out about a pickup time and the Cooktop never arrived. I continued to try to find out what happened and the salesperson said that it would take another 2 weeks for delivery and even then they couldn't guarantee when it would be in. So I had to cancel the order. When I called the Reynoldsburg store on March 1st to double check it being cancelled and my refund. I was told that the order was cancelled, but because I paid with a check I needed to have HH Gregg send me a refund check in the mail. The salesperson said that they did and that the refund check was in the mail.

By March 15th (approximately) I called the Reynoldsburg store to check on the refund check and the manager said to me that I needed to call their audit sales department. So I tried calling their audit sales department, but you have to go through their customer service department first. So I called their customer service line and called and called and called. Finally, I had gotten through and the representative informed me that HH Gregg filed Bankruptcy. Supposedly a check is in the mail. How many times have we heard that!!! Shame on them for being dishonest.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Bought an entire suite of GE Profile appliances for new house from Anderson, SC store in November 2016. Salesman and manager committed to hold until new house complete. Called for deliver 10 days before needed delivery. Now, they tell us a salesman in Greenville, SC sold our range and they won't be able to deliver until they can reorder. My recommendation, don't buy from hhgregg, their customer service failed before and now they are bankrupt, the employees just don't care.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased a $3500.00 set of bedding on February 25th with a promised delivery of March 3rd. On March 3rd I got a call saying that it would be at least 2 more weeks for the bedding to arrive so I cancelled the sale. I spoke to the manager at length and cancelled the order. On March 6th I received a call from the salesman regarding the cancellation. I explained that the product was not delivered when promised and decided to cancel the order. To my dismay I found that the order had not been cancelled as I a had already requested but was assured that the order would be cancelled that day and $3400 would be credited to my hhgregg account and another $178 would be credited back to my check card.

I checked my account that evening and saw that the hhgregg account had been credited. Today, March 17th, I checked my account and was flabbergasted that the amount was back on my balance. I called the local store manager, "Sam", and found that "corporate" had "done something" with my account on the 11th and he would have to call and get it straightened out. He called me back and stated that he "had good news, and bad news". The good news was he could re-credit $2850 to my account but no more because the company had filed Chapter 11. Keep in mind, I never received ANYTHING!!!! He says that after they come out of Chapter 11 that the amounts would be reimbursed to me... How is this anything other than THEFT and FRAUD?!? I have $3500 of debt and never received anything. I have filed a dispute with Synchrony but have been told that will take 60 days.

Original review: March 16, 2017

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE WASHING MACHINE. Was repaired within one year for loud noise, would not spin correctly, lint collects on dark clothes and appears to be white etching. Need to re-rinse dark clothes. My brother had the same experience. He actually dumped the washer after so many battles and bought another brand. Called the Samsung customer service number and did everything they said, used less soap, balance the clothes when loading and to no avail -- this washer is the worst appliance I have ever bought in my life. Will never purchase anything made by Samsung again.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I purchased a Samsung TV about 2 years ago, purchased the warranty insurance for 5 years. TV broke after two years. No image at all. Only sound. I contacted HHGregg with my concern as when I called the insurance to place a claim they could not, did not find any records of my warranty that I had purchased. A supervisor within HHGregg was helpful and located the order, filed the claim.

After 4 months they issue a credit to the store for the purchased money of my TV which was $849. I go back to the store, made a purchase of $1050, paid cash out of pocket the difference now to find out that the store is filing bankruptcy chapter 11 and my TV will not be delivered as they no longer in business and they want to cut off a check and mail it to me, a CHECK on a bankruptcy status. What good is it going to make me, I don't want a check from them, I don't need a store credit, I want them to compensate me with a TV similar to what I had purchased or upgrade without having me to pay for the difference.

They knew they were going to file bankruptcy. Why did they sold me something they knew it was not going to be delivered. I have invested so much time running from one place to other, calling the insurance to file a claim that no one had a clue of, calling HHGregg corporate office where they don't have any good manner to talk to a human being. I have being put thru HELL with this process. Any suggestions? Can I file a lawsuit against this company? Anyone with good suggestions.

hhgregg Company Information