Friedman's Jewelers

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Back on Feb. 14, 2005 my husband purchased me my first bridal set and he also purchased a lifetime warranty on it and just as I need to get my diamonds replaced - I'm just learning that they have bankrupted and gone out of business and I was also told that there's nothing can be done.

In 2004, I purchased a class ring from Friedman's jewelers with a lifetime insurance policy that covered theft and loss of the ring as well as general wear and tear. 12 years later, I need to cash in my policy and since I moved out of state in 2007 I had no idea the business closed the next year. I think it's ridiculous that they could close and not alert those of us who had purchased such insurance. Can anyone help?

I want to find out what can be done for Friedman selling lifetime insurance for our purchases and then they file bankrupt. This is fraud to sell something and take our money but have no way to use our insurance we purchased from them. I have read where a lot of people are dealing with the same issue as I am. Thank you. I have all my paperwork to prove insurance was purchased as well as always having my jewelry inspected until they shut the doors.

Not sure when this was posted, have moved out of town, where there wasn't a store... But what happens to those of us that purchased wedding ring sets and diamond tennis bracelet lifetime warranties through them that would fix or replace if prongs on diamonds get lose or stones are lost???? It asks for an order number below, but have lost original purchase paperwork, only kept warranties.

I placed approx. $50.00 as a security deposit on some jewelry at Friedman's INC located in Roanoke, VA during the mid 1990's. That store has long gone away due to all the issues with Friedman's INC. The state of Virginia is in receipt of this security deposit but before they will return the funds back to me, I need to locate some additional information from Friedman's INC. How do I go about doing that? Is there a Customer Service contact or a corporate headquarters? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Friedman's Jewelers?

I made several big purchases from Friedman's .Two of the diamonds rings were fake. After sitting in the jewelry box for a couple of years, the rings and a diamond gold cross had tarnished.

My late husband bought me a beautiful bracelet in Nov. 1997 that is 14k gold with diamonds all the way around it in O's and gold in X's plus insurance. Now, it is breaking in between the X's and O's and a diamond fell out. This bracelet means a lot to me and I don't have the kind of money it's going to take to fix it. This is not right. There should be something that could be done.

I recently decided to scrap a few pieces of jewelry that I had purchased over the years. Every single piece that originated from Friedman's turned out to be fake in one way or another. A white gold bracelet that sold for over $600 in 2000 and is stamped with 14k turned out to be 14k plated and 8k fill! My wife's wedding band turned out to be filled with fake diamonds. The center diamond or two were real, but everything else was moissanite! Friedman's needs to be sued over selling fake jewelry. Test your stuff and you'll see what I mean.

In 1995, I bought a watch from Friedman's in Laurel Mall, Laurel, Maryland. I paid my bill off. In 2002, I put a chain necklace on layaway, made payments, but never got the merchandise. I went to pick it up and made the last payment. The store had closed. On my credit report, it stated I owed $246, the amount I paid in cash in the store. In 2009, I disputed it through all credit bureaus. Friedman's dropped it from the credit report along with other paid collection accounts. My score was raised a few points. Now, it's 2012. I am married, in college, with a son in college. In the mail today, was a letter from "Galaxy Assets Management" for their client, Friedman's, for $246. Are you serious?

Friedman's has an outstanding balance on my credit report, and I have paid this balance off and have disputed this over a year ago. They still show outstanding balance on report. I'm asking you to please show on my credit report that this has been paid in full and that there's no outstanding balance on my report. As I am single parent and times are hard, this really affects me from getting a loan. If you pull my file, it will show I have paid this in full and there is no remaining balance owed on my account. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate your business and allowing me to have shopped with you when you were in Alexander City, AL. And I really appreciate your help in removing this outstanding balance from my report. The account was in Regina **, Alexander City, Alabama. Thanks so much for your help.

I purchased my wedding set from Friedman's and since then I had two princess cut diamonds fall out. I have insurance on my rings and when I took my rings to get an estimate, they all told me the same thing. It will be $300 a piece to replace the diamonds.

My husband bought me a beautiful ring in 2003/2004 and paid about $3,500 for it. They are now out of business and my ring needs services and he bought the insurance to go with it. Really mad!

I am very upset that this company is no longer in business. My husband purchased my wedding set in 2004, with insurance and eligibility for an upgrade. I would love to have my ring inspected, and see if I can update. However, I just heard the news that they are no longer in business, nor did they notify any customers, and give them the chance to sell their rings back, get inspections or upgrade, before they went under. I want my money back on my insurance, or be able to have a ring replacement. This ring cost my husband about $3,000.00, not including the insurance. I have all the papers, and the card to show what my ring appraises at.

My husband purchased my wedding set from Friedman's and now I found out they are bankrupt. What does this mean for my lifetime warranty? He purchased this warranty thinking it would be honored.

I purchased a wedding ring for my wife with the insurance. I have no way of getting her ring fixed. There was no way of utilizing the insurance I paid for also. I was told, when I was ready, I could upgrade my wife's ring, but there is no place for me to take it to have it upgraded. I'm confused and upset that there is no one who could answer my questions and that these is no one that could refund me for the insurance that I have purchased on this ring.

My husband purchased a platinum engagement ring with them around 1999-2000. A year after purchasing it and paying off the balance one of the baguettes came loose and was lost. I took the ring into the store because he had purchased the warranty and felt they should replace/fix the baguette. They said, "Not a Problem." After a month I called and received the run-around as to where my ring was and if it could be fixed or not. I called several times after that and again given the run-around.

6 months went by with me calling 2-3 times per month and I was told that I would be given a new ring because my original one could not be fixed. It was the exact same ring that was replaced but now I am wondering with all the complaints if it is indeed a real diamond and real platinum. I have since lost another baguette and all the stores have closed and the company filed bankruptcy, so I guess I am stuck with a maybe not-so-real ring with a missing baguette? Class action lawsuit needs to be filed, but can it be done on a company that has already filed bankruptcy? Guess we all were the suckers!

Since Friedman's is no longer in existence, did another company buy them out? I need services on my ring. I also have 2 missing diamonds which I know is from faulty jewelry/clasps.

I bought an engagement and wedding ring from Friedman's Jeweler. I bought the protection plan and followed the cleaning plan to a tee until one day they were closed. Now, I have not only wasted my money but I'm afraid to take it elsewhere to be dipped and have the diamonds tightened because of all the horror stories about other dealers switching diamonds. I just want my damn service I paid for or my insurance money back that to me was pretty much stolen!

I purchased a lifetime warranty on my engagement ring and wedding bands which are in need of repair. There is no way to contact the company or have the jewelry repaired. Help!

My husband purchased me a ring from this company in "2003". They sold him the lifetime inspection. Every other time I took it for inspection, my ring was taken in for replacement or repair. There were times when Friedman’s had kept my ring in their possession for months with no updates or calls. I would go in, and basically, I was harassing them for my merchandise back, repaired or not. They would always give me the run-around of lost in mail, held up at the warehouse, never received the product, out of stock, etc. I was never offered a refund trade-in for the "bad quality jewelry", nothing! This was not a choice and I was always told I was kind of stuck with the piece. Needless to say, the store crew knew me very well. We've had several encounters. I'm concerned that I was not told of the store closing and the fact that we were not given any resources to having our jewelry repaired. The cost to replace diamond stones is very pricey. According to the lifetime warranty in hand, it's lifetime as long as I own the jewelry and this is not true. Please help!

My mother bought a mother’s ring. She was told that all the stones would be real. After she got the ring, she took it to the jewelers to make sure the stones were real. The April stone which is diamond is a fake. But she paid for real diamond, so we took it back to the jewelers. They were supposed to have fixed the problem. My mom passed away and my dad took the jewelry to the jewelers. We found out that all the stones were a fake. That’s right, a fake. And then, my husband and I went and bought a thick gold necklace. It kept breaking. The Friedman’s Jewelers said it was the salt in my body. I come to find out the product was not what they said.

Mr. **** called on 12/14/10 and told me he was calling on behalf of Friedman’s and that my account had been turned over to him on the 9th of this month. Well, about 3 years ago, my husband and I were contacted by Friedman’s and told that a certain amount would be taken out of our bank account for however long and that was fine with us because at the time we had just had a child and I went on disability since I am in fact disabled and my pregnancy did take a toll. So I told Mr. **** that we had in fact taken care of the debt and after I told him that, he told me that I had 48 hours to provide him with proof that we have resolved this action. Well, no, I have as much time as I would like in fact and don't threaten me. It’s not going to get you anywhere. So I found the number for Friedman’s and I called to check out the status of said account, it says I owe nothing, there was no balance, and no transactions.

So I called Mr. **** back, with the number for Friedman’s and since he has my account information, he can look it up himself. He then called me back and told me that I should get a hold of a live person. How exactly? That is not an option. He said, of course, they would say I owe nothing because it has been turned over to a collection agency. I do not believe that at all. I am not going to humor this man. I got no account information from him and I will not have him harassing me every chance he gets.

I have not heard from anyone about this account in almost 3 years, why now? If in fact I do owe this money, why did I not get anything in the mail saying so? I am prepared to take legal action if I need to. I read that other people are having pretty much the same issue. Has anyone figured out what is happening? I know for a fact that this account was paid off. What is going on?

On the 2-22-03, my husband purchased me a new bridal set. It was on sale for $835.00. He also purchased the lifetime warranty for $25.00. I would have to take the set back for them to look at it every 3 months. The rings had to be repaired on 5-17-03, 10-1-03, 12-12-03, 3-15-04, and 12-10-04. The prongs would break off. They closed down the store in Owensboro where we bought the set. The 3 $2005 a prong broke and I lost one of the big diamonds. My ring has been put away since that time. For Christmas this year, my husband wants to get the ring repaired. I went in on the internet to find a Friedman's store, so I can make arrangements to send my ring to be repaired. But I found out they filed bankruptcy. I will have to go elsewhere to get my set fixed.

I purchased a Bulova watch for over $400.00 and the watch has started to corrode on the band and appears to be gold plated. I purchased the lifetime warranty and have no where to take it or send it to be honored.

My husband purchased a ring for our anniversary and purchased the lifetime diamond guarantee and now I have lost the diamond, but since they have gone out of business, the guaranteed warranty is not being honored.

They went bankrupt. My husband bought a lot of jewelry from this business. I have a beautiful bracelet blue stones and one fell out. It costs $160 and my husband bought a beautiful marquise ring and one of the diamonds fell out too. This ring costs $2500. Now, I cannot even find a Friedmans.

I have lost two diamonds and my husband lost one diamond. This has a lifetime guarantee. We have tried numerous times and could not find a store and never got notice that the business declared bankruptcy.

I purchased a ring from this location back in 2004. I purchased a diamond lifetime warranty on it and now they are out of business and there's no way to use my warranty. I am stuck with a ring that I cannot repair unless I pay for it and now having read other complaints, I am concerned it is not real. Please help?

I purchased a wedding ring, 1 carat (2002) with diamond warranty and certificate of registration. The store closed and there’s no place to have the ring checked or cleaned or repaired. Please help.

I bought a necklace and bracelet set from Freidman's and took it to a pawn shop to sell and found out that it isn't real gold. It's gold plated. I spent $600 on this set and have a lot more jewelry that I purchased from Friedman and no one can answer for this. So sad and a shame, but I'm sure they lost more than I have so I am not mad about it. It's a shame that they built a business based on a lie. Oh well. We live and learn. I'm sorry to all others whose gone through this.

Friedman's Jewelers Company Profile