1.13/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Family Dollar

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Family Dollar Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Hello. I love your store first of all. I want to tell you that. You have a manager at the Indian hill in Pomona ca store that is absolutely a disgrace to your name. He has talked badly about people that he has had no right to. I witnessed it first hand and then I became the person he talked about. He basically kicked me out of the store. Told me I was not allowed back in because something was marked wrong and when he touched my phone I told him I didn't like him and I know how he is because an altercation he had with a woman (who did not even enter the store and he was saying horrible things about).

He is rude and when I said I would be filing a complaint he let me know he didn't care at all. Basically he is Family Dollar. You have an awesome employee named Brandon there and he's called him an idiot before. Not family dollar material if you ask me. He is the Asian manager that you have. I am actually disgusted that he has been allowed to stay employed. I'm sure you've had other complaints on him. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

The Family Dollar in Inwood, WV is a mess. Things are everywhere. The whole store needs cleaning and organized. There are no laptop cords to choose from but a few cords for iPhones that are out on the market today. Hearing aid batteries barely exist. The customer service is not very good either. They are always out of Strawberry Cheyennes. The whole front of the store is jammed and hoarded. Not roomy at all to get around comfortably.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have visited 2 Family Dollar stores in the last 2 weeks. I don’t know what is going on at Family Dollar. The aisles are cluttered with boxes of unopened merchandise. The shelves are not stocked. The stores are in a state of disarray. Employees are standing around doing nothing. Where are the managers? Does corporate not care?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I’m the owner of QueenShe Shops in which I’m a personal shopper so I’m in one of your locations multiple times a week. I’m also employed with Whirlpool Corp which is one of the biggest employers in the Benton Harbor/St Joseph, MI area. Today I visited your location directly across the street from the Whirlpool building in which I work, wearing a shirt with our logo. As I persisted to check out, I was verbal attacked by one of your employees because I moved a cart that was blocking an item I wanted to purchase. She told me not to touch her cart and I explained I was only grabbing another item. We were at the check out line and she basically blocked my way to move forward.

This all happened in front of a manager who did nothing to stop the attack on me. The employee went on to yell “y’all think y’all can come over here and treat us any way because y’all work for a corporation”. Which leads me to believe that we are not welcoming to shop at your place of business. I will definitely be sharing this experience with coworkers, family, and all social media outlets. I felt threatened as though the employee was going to physically warm me. I usually have decent experiences at your stores, however, this experience has sour me to the core. I will not do business with a company that employees feel the need to attack me because I work for a corporation.

Fortunately, I went to college and received 3 degrees so that I could obtain the career of my choice, not to be attacked for my career path. I never raised my voice, I asked who was the manager as I finished my purchased and left your store. I think the employees name is Tesia or Tisha because she yelled it at me. This happened at your Riverview location in Benton Harbor, MI.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Bought a air mattress and it won't stay aired up and they refuse to issue a refund and this is not the only bad experience but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. When you go in there the shelf price is one thing but they charge something else and yes this is the one in Gordon Georgia.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

As the world knows Hurricane Dorian was scheduled to hit Florida.. I brought 6 flashlights that were not use or open and was told corporate has decided that they are not taking any refunds on items purchase for the hurricane.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Every time I go into the store I look for the advertised items and every time I scan the barcode it says not found even though there is a sign that says on sale. I get to the register and they tell me that they are having problems. This is going on for over a year, how many problems do they have. They refuse to override it and tell you to call the 800 number. The 800 number is just a recording that hangs up on you just like when calling the store. It's the old bait and switch game. They advertise things and then you cant get it at sale price so you end up paying more. Will not shop here and advise you not to.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I tried to return curtains that I purchased at our local Family Dollar here in Torrington, Wyoming. I purchased three weeks ago. The curtains did not fit so I asked for a refund today. I was informed that after one week I would get a gift card and not a refund. When I spoke to the manager, Kathy, she said the same thing. I pulled up the website and it said that a refund would be given within 30 days with receipt. She would not honor this and was rude about it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Store # 01114 at 527 W Pike St. Morrow, Ohio 45152. One of the rudest associates I have ever encountered. I thought he was just a cashier, but it turns out ** is actually the manager. The guy is SO rude. He acts like you are a huge interruption to his day any time you enter the store. He takes the Lord's name in vain when he realizes he has a customer to wait on. Horrible every time I have shopped there for over a year now. I will be shopping at Walmart or Dollar General in Goshen Ohio from now on. We spend $100+ per week in that store. I have had enough of RUDE **!!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I reviewed my receipt when I went home last night, Aug 26, Wed and I read that 3 of my items scanned the wrong amount. I looked for my card and I couldn’t find it. So before noon, I stopped by the store and asked my card, but unfortunately it wasn’t there. I asked the saleslady for my concerned and she explained to me with a very NASTY face. I told her she should not have a POKER face to customers coz it was very insulting to us consumers if you will see her GESTURE.

I was referred to the Store Manager, Charles, a very nice guy. We straightened out things and while doing so, I saw the lady passing by to us coz I complained her to the store manager and I said to her, “I’ll write a review to you” and she replied w/o remorse w/ a NASTY face again that’s okay w/ her. Unbelievable. Customers should be treated w/ respect & dignity coz in the first place, I asked her POLITELY and in a very civil way. I just thought because shoppers there on that area are not rich.

Family Dollar Company Information