2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.29/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Family Dollar Reviews

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have been going to the local Family Dollar for years. I went to purchase several things and when I went home I had two of one thing and did not need two. I went back to return the item and was told that they do not accept returns or exchanges. That was news to me because I have made returns in the past. There was no signs on the door telling consumers that there would be no returns or exchanges. Was not told at the time of purchase that returns were not accepted. Was not on my receipt that I could not make returns. Beware of Family Dollar. You cannot return or exchange there.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Iv visited the Family Dollar on Forest Hill Blv and Congress in West Palm Beach. In entering the store the door beeped. Cashier was not busy and paid no attention. Leaving the store it beeped again. Cashier was ringing up a customer and hollered at me why is my door beeping? Left the counter and demanded I open my bag. She was rude and embarrassed me. I showed her my Publix bag with items. Also offered to show receipt. If she had paid attention she would have noticed the door beeped when I entered the store. The customer and her looked at me like I was a thief. She was rude and didn't even apologize!! I just moved to the neighborhood and was so happy Family Dollar was only a block away. So where is the nearest Dollar General?

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was happy shopping there buying my essentials when I noticed none of the employees were wearing masks and barely wore gloves. I spoke to a girl at the register and asked, "Do you need a mask? I’ll give you one." She then said “the company doesn’t like us to wear them. They don’t want the customers be alarmed.” I personally think that is horrific. These people are putting themselves on the line for a few bucks in a time where it pays more to stay home.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I used to go to Family Dollar almost once a week, today after I asked the cashier to double bag the 2.5 liter sodas she starts in about how family dollar will start charging for plastic bags, I say I was around when we had paper bags and no one wanted plastic bags when they started, she says they found plastic bags in whales (we are in Colorado). I say I can show you some decomposed plastic bags in my basement so they are full of crap. She next starts in about how I have to bring the shopping cart back (something I always do). Bottom line I give you money. You provide goods or service. I spent 30 years in the military and I expect to be treated like everyone else. And no I will never go back.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I am reviewing the Family Dollar store in Baltimore, Maryland, located on Greenmount Avenue between 28th and 29th Streets. The store is very dirty, top to bottom. The merchandise is in disarray, and shelves stand empty while trolleys carrying the latest delivery sit unpacked in the aisles for want of employees to merchandise the goods.

This is not for want of available manpower, but the lack of man hours upper management will accord store managers to merchandise items and to maintain the store. I have vowed never to enter this store again: the last four times I tried to shop there, the store was out of every single item I came to buy. Family Dollar management does not understand that you cannot sell what you do not have. Moreover, no one wants to shop in a dump.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Jo or Jennifer is the BEST worker at this Family Dollar. I never used to come here because of the rudeness of the other employees. But now as she is here I will be here everyday, I live only 2mins away. Jennifer is great with customer service and so polite. I just thought you managers need to know what kind of employees you have. Thank you, Jennifer ** 2-28-20 Friday.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

The prices advertised on the shelves are always different from what rung up and the cashier telling you she can’t do nothing about that! Who is in control of pricing and making sure customers are not being tricked? I am talking about 5631 Beechnut st Houston Texas 77096 store.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Upon entering the store in Dearborn, MI you will notice boxes and a register with a line and no cashier, as you near the back of the store if you can get there you will be met by mostly empty shelf. Many toilet paper, paper towel, and laundry soap brands are not on the shelves, the toy aisle and clothing and shoe aisles are unobtainable with a cart cause everything is thrown on the floor. This location has gone from bad to worse and I will no longer shop here. My daughter lives in Allen Park, MI and that Family Dollar is so well organized and clean it's a pleasure to go there. However it's an inconvenience when you have to travel so far and you have the exact same store down the street....maybe corporate needs to hire new management!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I asked to get a refund on a blouse that was too small.. And the manager named William would not give me a refund.. I had my receipt and all tags were still on it.. And I just bought it 3 hours before.. He said it smells like smoke which is not true because I don't smoke.. I don't think that is right of him to do that.. This the Family Dollar in Taylor Michigan on Pelham Rd. He isn't very nice at all.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Told the worker at the Falmouth store that I had food stamps for the food and bank card for the rest. She didn't say anything and rung it all back card then told me she couldn't do anything about it. We are on a fixed income and have full custody of 2 children. We struggle now as it is and then she took what cash we had left for the month. I have no idea what we are gonna do. How can we get the money back in the account and use the food card for the food. I have the receipt tks. My phone # **and email **.

Family Dollar Company Information