3.9/5 (411 ratings)

About Dressbarn

Dressbarn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dressbarn?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I decided to purchase a few items online. Dressbarn immediately charged my card and 4 weeks I am still waiting on one item to ship. Very frustrating and I will not order again. My card should not have been charged until my order shipped.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I presold a pink kimono for 6/30 and the monies were immediately deducted from my bank acct. It was pretty so I accepted the wait. It's now 8/16, not only haven't I received it but NOW CS is telling me it's backordered after telling me 3 times they had it and was processing it and I would receive it in 5 to 7 business days.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Dress not proper fit. I even measured garment and measurement not even close to size chart. Not same quality as dress barn store. I have never been able to contact anyone to get a return label. I doubt I will ever be able to get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I have been a long time Dressbarn customer and love their clothes. Early this summer I ordered 6 dresses online. It’s been over 6 weeks and I still do not have them or any idea when they would arrive. Customer service consists of generic emails telling me things are running late but I should have them soon. The season will be over it seems before I get a chance to wear the sundresses. What a disappointment.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I pre-ordered a Kimono back on 6/25. They charged my credit card right away. I have checked the status and it has been “preparing to ship” for weeks. I contacted Dressbarn yesterday and received a response that the item was not in stock but should receive it in 5-7 days to send to me. I will believe it when I see it. If the item is not shipped to me in 5-7 days I will demand my money back... I have one other item I ordered in July, but that will be my last order from them. Loved the store - great work items for reasonable prices but this new online store is crap.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I ordered a dress on July 2nd. My credit card has been charged for the item and I am still waiting for the item or any kind of communication from the company a month later. I had shopped in Dressbarn retail stores and assumed they were reputable. I'm sorry I didn't read the negative reviews here prior to ordering as I had not realized that Dressbarn sold their name to another company. I would advise people to order from this company at their own risk.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Since transitioning to online-only, Dressbarn has gone way downhill! I have come to realize that 90% of the items on their website aren’t even physically in their warehouse. They order it from a distributor whenever a customer places an order. This process can take MONTHS to receive your items (or never). So I don’t agree with their sales method and taking money from customers while not being able to successfully deliver products. I placed 2 separate orders since June. The first was for items that were set to ship mid July. The other said it was due to ship within 1 week of placing my order.

Needless to say it’s 2 months after my first order, the items are still back-ordered and there was absolutely NO communication about the date being extended. The only saving grace was the customer service representative that I spoke with. He was so polite and courteous and spent 1 hour trying to locate my order because the company made a typo. I was finally able to cancel and start the refund process. Lesson learned, I will shop elsewhere from now on.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I ordered 2 mask at the beginning of July, in which I only received one of them and I keep asking for status on the 2nd one. Which I keep getting an automated response. They are not sending my mask or giving me money back. I will NEVER order from Dressbarn for anything!! I suggest you do the same. If they can't respond to a small item I am sure they won't respond to a larger item.

Original review: July 26, 2020

There is not one positive review since 2020 when new owners took over. I spent a month- including several phone calls to customer service and 12 emails trying to to get a product that was delayed in shipping rerouted to my new address. Not one call was returned, any email response was asking me to rate customer service that I never received. Finally I disputed it with my credit card company who refunded my money. Today I finally got a response saying the would have refunded my item “if only I had asked.” Avoid ordering from Dressbarn- it’s not the same company and they have zero customer service.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I and a friend wanted to try to lighten up a very dreary situation. The Covid Virus has taken such a toll on so many needless to say...and we thought it may give us a boost to order masks that were different than the norm. We found a few at Dress Barn and ordered them. We still have not received them. We have since ordered from another company. We waited patiently for a significant amount of time and did take into consideration that the company may be short staffed due to the virus and company changes.

However, after contacting the company several times with no results and passing a reasonable amount of time to receive an order or for the company to refund us the purchase amount if the order could not be processed we took our business somewhere else. Especially in this case, when the product we ordered was not only something of vanity but of necessity as well. We searched online and found a company BLING ME A BOX, that we made an with. We not only received the masks quickly but they were very nice quality and were exactly as we viewed them to be from the photos shown. I would recommend them in the future.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I was a loyal customer of Dressbarn for many years prior to their closing last year. I began getting emails to purchase clothing online and decided to give it a try. Ordered 3 items of clothing and a purse. Received the clothing items but not the purse. I need to return 2 of the clothing items but the only way to return is to send an email and request a return label. It has been several weeks and still no return label and still have not received the purse. Their return policy says you have 30 days to return the item, but I have been unable to speak to anyone to find out what the issue is and why they will not send me a return label. Will not be ordering from them again.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I placed an order on July 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping information...nearly 2 weeks later. I called and Customer Service said that they have had the stock all along, but that the carrier hasn't picked it up and that's why there is no tracking information. LIES. You, Dressbarn, haven't created the shipping label yet. There would be tracking information if you had. Dressbarn then proceeded to tell me that the carrier hadn't created the shipping label yet. They don't do that...You do. Then Dressbarn refused to give me a date when my dress would be sent...their response: "SOON...." **. If I wanted to wait a month for a dress, I'd order from Zulily. You are losing a long-standing customer. YOU ARE THE PITS.

Original review: July 11, 2020

As you can see I've waited almost 3 weeks for the other 2 items on my order. Dress Barn has provided very poor customer service. First it took about a month to get MY money refunded in a store credit for returned merchandise and when I attempted to respend my money with a questionable company almost 3 weeks pass with no explanation as to why I haven't received the merchandise I ordered. If I ever get my money's worth back from Dress Barn, I assure you I will never shop with Dress Barn again. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Dressbarn has always been my favorite store. I was happy to hear that they were still doing online purchasing. I purchased 3 shirts and I want to return 1. I have been trying to reach someone to send me a return ticket. Three times I have called only to have to leave my information and no return call (as they state in their voice mail). Started on chat. Had to verify the shirt was not damaged. That was 2 days ago and still no return label. You only have 30 days to return and I still have time but the customer experience was and is HORRIBLE. I will find a new favorite store sadly.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Scam. I don’t know what other word to use. They immediately charge your credit card. They swear there’s information that tells you the ship date on my invoice. There was no such information. When you call Customer Service you don’t get a consistent answer. As far as the quality so-so. It’s cheap stuff. OK for one season. Not anything like the retail stores. The earrings are all plastic.No petites available. I’m done.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Ordered. Placed a pre prudery and was told it would ship after 6/22. Emailed after that date to request status, was told someone would get in touch shortly, HA! Have emailed a lot since then, no replies, then found out they are not even in the US, overseas number to call. They charged my account ASAP but I have nothing.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I've been a long time customer and credit card holder of Dressbarn. They recently closed all their stores, and apparently a new owner bought the website. The credit card is no longer valid and the return process is a joke. You have to a request to make a return, and they refuse to give you a refund, they want to only give you a store credit. Once you make an email request, they email you back requesting information, I didn't respond for 2 days (it was the weekend) and they closed my request!! Crazy, unprofessional, clumsy and a little shady. Beware.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I don't usually take time out of my busy schedule to write these things, but I feel compelled to do so because of this poor customer service/experience. I've been a customer for well over 15 years. Bought some items online when they were on sale. I needed to exchange one for a smaller size. I was told I couldn't exchange the item. I was told I would have to return it (at my cost ($7.00), then a credit (store credit) not credit back to my card, would be given, and then I would have to rebuy the sweater in a different size...at a cost of $10.00 more, this after having to wait 3-4 weeks before I even receive the credit to use, and on top of that, pay for shipping.. ($7.00) more to receive the new item.

So all in all, the sweater I bought at $30...now is costing me $54.00. I can't imagine going into a store with an item to exchange for the exact same item and the clerk telling you, "oh, I'm sorry, you now have to pay $24 more for that item." It's poor customer service and practices. I have yet to receive a phone call from a supervisor as requested....Sorry Dressbarn, this is the end of my loyalty as a Dressbarn customer.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I ordered a blazer. I never heard when it was coming and it took over a month. When I received the blazer it was cheaply made and I wanted to return it. This is when I had real trouble. I emailed them to no response. I then called and was told I needed their labels to mail the item back(that was fine) but it took them even more time to give me the label. Then they tell me I can only get store credit. This company should be out of business. All hassles and only store credit. Do not buy from them.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Not sure why whoever purchased Dressbarn decided to keep the original name. THIS IS NOT DRESSBARN. They do not carry the same clothes, the same standards, and the prices are outrageous. It is almost comical. So disappointing. Now I have to find somewhere else to purchase my go to Dressbarn items for years. Anyone know where I can find decent leggings? Because whatever this company is does not carry them.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I have worn Dressbarn petite clothes for many years and been very happy with them. My favorite clothes on the DB website were Roz and Ali. I read that Dress Barn was closing and would now be online website only and would be renamed Roz and Ali and carry that clothing line. I was thrilled! Roz and Ali were my favorite brand. I wear size 10 petite and that is what I always ordered from the Dress Barn website and had no problem finding them. Our DB store did not carry petites.

So, the "new" website is still called "Dress Barn," carries NO Roz and Ali, not even one, carries no petites, and carries almost every dress I ever bought from Dress Barn, including the ones I bought for less than half price before the previous closing, and all of the prices are outrageously high on the EXACT SAME CLOTHES (they have very few new styles) and I could not find one thing from Roz and Ali. (FYI, Zulily online does carry Roz and Ali at reasonable prices). I also loved the "Secret Agent Pants," no longer available.

I contacted customer service by email as they were saying "higher than expected volume" on the phone lines, they ignored my questions about Roz and Ali in their reply, said they "hoped" to be offering additional sizes eventually (I assumed this was my answer about petites). It is NOT the same company, that is for sure. Their current prices are ridiculous, Roz and Ali were their best brand (even they said so in their closing, hence the new name of the website as Roz and Ali, not Dress Barn). I love to shop online, and I normally have a fairly standardized fit, and I really liked the BOGO and other sales Dress Barn had regularly, along with the seasonal Clearance Sales. I am not at all happy with the new site and I have not made any purchases and probably will not unless they up their game and get Roz and Ali back, although I did find another site that does sell them at a reasonable price.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I ordered a pair of black pants that were too big. Not only do you have to wait for them to mail you a label you have to pay shipping. Then when they get it and it passes their inspection then will they issue you store credit. Who wants store credit???? After finding out that now China makes their clothes. Don't shop here. It's not even worth my time. Luckily I can sew and hopefully maybe I can make these pants fit. Arghhhhh.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Dressbarn doesn't know how to communicate and every phone call/email I've made has resulted in them lying, until over a month later I'm told my order is on backorder. No communication from them. NEVER WILL ORDER AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I wanted to order from the new Dress Barn website but found that there was little information about the items so I contacted customer service. Come to find out, Dress Barn sold their name to an online retailer, most of the merchandise appears to be Chinese made and there are no refunds should you return an item. No returns or refunds at all with PayPal. I think customers should be aware of these practices BEFORE ordering.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Love Dressbarn...good quality apparel. The staff is really helpful and kind when it comes to heavy set women. Nice styles for the overweight. I would like to see more variety in clothing and perhaps more locations.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Two clerks obviously did not know I understood Spanish. They made fun my sister's weight between themselves. Disgraceful, shameful - especially in a clothing store that carries large sizes for women. This was in the International Dr, Orlando store.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I am very surprised to read the negative reviews posted here. I have been a customer and credit card holder for 12 years. The store staff has been friendly, courteous, polite, and extremely helpful at every visit. I order frequently online and have never had an issue. I've purchased everything from coats, boots, jewelry, work and casual clothing to socks! I'm sorry for others' experiences, causing negative reviews. I've had worse experiences at much higher end retail stores. But I for one regret the closing of Dress Barn, and will miss their staff and inventory.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Love the store, can always find what I'm looking for and if I can't they will call other stores to see if it is available. I don't like that they are closing, because I buy all my clothes there. I will be lost.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I ordered 1 dress to be shipped to the store and even though the item shows delivered I never received the confirmation email saying I could pick it up. I first contacted customer service via chat and was told to call and cancel my order and get a refund without explanation. I called and asked they cancel and the agent asked if I wanted to purchase an item. This went on for a couple exchanges and she told me I couldn't cancel an order. I mentioned I had a live chat saying to call and cancel the order. She then did some "research" and refunded the order. I wouldn't recommend using Dressbarn online.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Purchased from online. Loved the product. Wore it, washed it. Very poor fabric. Balled up. Blouse it only fit for yard work now. Dressbarn policy is no return unless unworn with tags!!! SO if what if your purchase turns out to be defective you are just stuck with it. I will never shop with them again. No wonder they are closing so many stores with such poor customer service.

Dressbarn Company Information