2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dollar General Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I want everyone to know how amazing the crew is at this store. At one time I would not shop here because the people were so rude. Now it's an amazing place to shop. The store manager has made so many wonderful changes. His name is **. All his people help you anytime you need it. They will stop whatever they are doing to help you find anything you need. Today I saw a crew member help a women get what she needed. She was overwhelmed with her children and trying to shop worried about the virus going around and trying to keep her children in place. He stopped what he was doing to help her. Everyone is so sweet at this store. They always speak when you walk in. Always a smile. It is so rare to find people that truly care as much as this crew does. They truly go the extra mile to help the elderly get what they need, check them out and take their bags to their cars.

If truly want an amazing place to shop go to the Dollar General at 1945 S NC Highway 119 in Mebane NC. I hope someone in Dollar General head office sees this review and finds it worthy of showing these wonderful crew members how grateful they are for being the type of crew that Dollar General stands for. Because they go above and beyond anything any customer could ask for every day, and they do because they truly want to not because they need to!!!!

Christina

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Dollar General is definitely the place to save! With an excellent range of products and brands, Dollar General has been my family's go-to store for many years. We find that Dollar General has become our de facto grocery store, vitamin store, medicine store, and "everything else" store. Many of the "house brand" products such as their chocolate candy, pharmaceutical items, etc. (sold under the Dolgencorp brand) are excellent alternatives to name brand items. We always shop at Dollar General for all of our dental care needs: Great buys on toothpaste, mouthwash, and toothbrushes! My family started shopping at Dollar General as a low price alternative to gas station convenience stores -- to pickup a half gallon of milk, eggs, or sodas, etc. Then we saw the super prices and great selection and decided to make it a regular stop between visits to large-chain grocery stores. //

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I shop at Dollar General because they offer a wide range of household items and food that other "Dollar" stores do not offer, at a reasonable price. Brillo Pads. These are hard to find. Yet, Dollar Tree has them. Disposable gloves for household tasks, yet strong enough for multiple use. Tasty cookies at a savings of as much as $2.50, down from grocery store chain prices. Writing pads and household cleaning products. I use the bus as my primary means of transportation. It makes a difference to me that I can find what I need, when I need it, at a price I can afford, with a quick visit to Dollar General. The stores are always clean and products are on the shelves. Dollar General is a good place to shop when you forget to buy things on your regular shopping list. Thank you Dollar General.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Dollar General is a great store that has a variety of items for a low price. They have an app with digital coupons that you can use when you shop. All you have to do is go to the app and select the coupons you will use. They also have the digital coupon to get $5 off when you purchase $25 or more on Saturdays. This is an excellent way to save money! The store also has sales on a variety of products every day. They are quick to answer any and all questions on their survey page which you can fill out every time you shop and you get a chance to win a $100 gift card. All this plus excellent customer service makes this store a great place to shop!! I recommend this store highly. Wait till Saturday to shop and save even more.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I am a customer at Dollar General on Loganville Hwy in Bethlehem GA, the manager name is Jeremy **, I am in this store 4 or 5 times a week, I would like to let y'all know about a cashier her name is Wanda **, she always ask her customer how they are doing, she always greet customer when they walk in the door. When you ask her where something is she will walk and show you where it is, she will get you thru the lines real fast, always have a smile on her face and she has said to me how much she loves her job and customer. On February 7 2019 she lost her husband to cancer and she is raising two grandchildren on her own, I think she needs a raise, also I think the owner of the store needs to know what a good person she is, she is a blessing to all of her customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My Fiance was checking out in our small town with a personal check from my acct. He was unable to use the check as he inadvertently forgot his photo identification at home-as he was about to leave to head home for his ID an extremely kind woman came out and offered to pay our bill! When he stated he would be right back she said "No, I just want you to have a good day!" Amazing act of generosity and we most certainly appreciated this kindness and will pay it forward when an opportunity arises. Thank you New Lisbon, WI Dollar General! :)

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I would like to give a shout out to Gabby at Dollar General on Main Street in Middletown, VA. Great customer service and always helpful and friendly. Diane is also awesome and helpful. Great place to shop!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I visit the Sonoraville Georgia Dollar General very frequently. Last evening was no exception. The cashier Megan was working her tail off taking care of customers while the pinpad wasn't working on one of the registers. She another employee trying to get all of the customers through the line quickly. With the impatient customers with the ugly remarks, she maintains a cool attitude and has a smile on her face. I have no idea who the store manager is but he/she should be elated to have such a hard-working young lady. When she is working the store is always clean and well maintained. I'm being a voice for for her. I wanted to leave a review for the store manager or maybe a district manager, but I couldn't find a link or website? I hope this gets to her management.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I sometimes shop at the Dollar General Store located at 1010 Sams Creek Road, Ashland City, TN. Although two signs on the door indicate that a face covering is required for entry, I noticed on several occasions that customers were shopping without masks. One of the employees was also without mask while working in the aisles. Upon checkout, I asked the clerk why they were not enforcing the posted mask requirement. She said that "Some people get offended, so they do not enforce the mask requirement." This is unfortunate, as there is an ongoing Covid spike in the area.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I am very disappointed that a company as large as Dollar General is not concerned with employees or customer safety. I can only speak for Arkansas. This is based on a total of 14 stores. At first DG was not requiring employees to wear mask or maintain six feet. Now we have a mandatory public mask in place. DG is not providing sanitizer for customers or employees. DG does not have CDC guidance posted or mandate rules. DG is not doing any sanitizer between customers. DG is sadly not having anyone to be safe. When I have ask employees to follow guidelines/ mandatory from governor each person responded with we don’t have too.

Dollar General Company Information