1.19/5
Based on 53 reviews that contain star ratings

dinodirect.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

55 DinoDirect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2013

I would like to suggest you and warning you never ever buy any of products from DinoDirect because I have a worst experience with them. They don't have any response with customer and the product. Here is my story: It was began from 5-11-2013. I have ordered Qirtie 8x Zoom Telescope Camera Lens Kit + Tripod + Case for Apple iPhone 4 4S 4GS and I paid already the money. After that, they've said to me, "We shipped your product (6-11-2013) through regular post. It usually takes 3-5 weeks to your country by regular post." I have already noticed that some of previous customer given feedback about DinoDirect that was a warning and bad feedback. Now I could realize they are correct because I have waited like anything and the product not reached yet it was finished 5-7 weeks.

I even contacted them. They've saying they did double checked my order is still in transit, I can also tracked it with the tracking number. If I still haven't got MY package after 3-5 weeks, please contact them. They will check it for me again and solve it for me soon. "Your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated." I even checked with my tracking number. It was still in China only. I was feeling worst about Dino and they've made a bad experience between customer and online store so I would remind you never ever buy any product from this online company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2013

Months ago, I bought a hole punch. It was taking weeks to arrive and I asked what was happening and they said that they were out of stock. I asked for a refund and they only offered me 'Dino money' until I kicked up a big fuss and they gave me my money back. I then started receiving monthly updates about my account with them and have found that it is completely impossible to remove my account myself. I emailed them but they want me to pass over all my account details and password, so that they can delete me. I don't trust them at all, especially as my Paypal account is linked to that account. I am so upset with Dino Direct. They are a horrid company and I am warning everyone not to touch them or you will find you are stuck with an account with them forever.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 28, 2013

This is the worst online business existing in my experience. I do not know why someone doesn't shut their business down as they are the worst people to deal with. Customer service is so poor and live chat is nothing more than chatting with a robot. And worst case, they do not let you put question and only tell you about your order status and disconnect so quickly for you not to ask any question or make a conversation for your problem.

Original review: May 20, 2013

Do not buy from this company. I bought a product and cancelled after finding out they would take a month to deliver. They were all nice about it but then refused to give my money back. They would only let put money into my 'Dino Wallet' to spend in their shop.

Original review: May 9, 2013

I ordered a hat for vacation over two weeks ahead of time, thinking that was plenty of time based on my experience ordering things online in the past. First, they took 3 or 4 days to even prepare the shipment. Their website says 2-3 days, and when I pointed that out to them, they claimed it was 3-5 days. Then, they shipped the item from China (I would have never ordered the item if I knew it was being shipped from China), and gave me a tracking code for China's postal service.

Once it left China, I couldn't even track the package anymore. I went out and bought a new hat the night before I left for vacation. When I returned from vacation, the hat was finally there - too late. I did an RMA request to print a shipping receipt and received no response. Finally, I emailed them, and they yet again claimed I didn't even make an RMA claim. It clearly said on the website that I did, and it was waiting for verification.

If you don't need something for at least a month, and don't plan on returning it, go ahead and use this crappy website. Although I would suggest other ones that offer the same products and actually tell you when you will get them and you receive them within a reasonable amount of time. I never write reviews, especially poor ones, so the fact that I am writing this should give some indication that this company is pretty bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DinoDirect?

Original review: May 6, 2013

Based on some internet reviews, I ordered less than $30 of goods. I'm glad I did because I never received the package despite what appeared to be sophisticated tracking. After two months, I contacted online customer service twice. No response. I thought about phoning them, but the only phone numbers listed were in England, Singapore and China. I will not try to purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2013

Well I'm looking for recourse from the Consumer Protection Agency. Really, after all these reviews, can we all be wrong? Where are you CPA? After reading all the reviews that are similar to mine, I have pretty much given up pursuing to return my item. But if you like, here's my story:

I bought a shower shampoo/conditioner dispenser. Upon arrival, it was slightly different from the picture. That's problem number one. Problem two was that it was supposed to include glue to secure onto a shower wall (per the description). Well, it never came with glue. After speaking with customer service (yep, it was Sharon!), she told me to go to the store and get some glue. Wow, what a great company. They must rival Apple, I am thinking? I asked for an RMA. She said to go online and request an RMA. So I did that. I followed up 7 days later since I had zero response and was told that my file has been closed. That's it. Nice.

So I am waiting for some type of recourse from our US government to prevent this company from doing business in the USA (needless to say?) and also allow for a means to get refunds. Again, where is the assistance here?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2013

Beware of DinoDirect. First time shopping on this website results in a horrible experience. It has been 2 months since the purchase, and after it arrived over a month later, it was totally wrong and unusable. After submitting a return merchandise request, here is what I get: "Thank you for contacting us! We do feel sorry about that. How about we offer you $10 gift card as the compensation and you keep this item? You may use the gift card as the money on our website. You may sell it out or send it to your friends. Would that be fine?"

Original review: Nov. 28, 2012

Please do not order from Dino Direct. They say they have your order. They take your money, don't send the product, then send an email stating they don't have it and keep your money. And only one lady named Sharon answers the phone and online chat live. Their number is 650-265-1038. They state they're in China, Hong Kong, California. They are scams. Please be aware. They should be shut down and in jail for what they do to people.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2012

My fiance and I just spent over an hour on the phone and computer with the same person from this company. How this is possible, I will never know. We ordered over a month ago and we were trying to determine whether or not we would order a wedding dress from there. Thank God we did a trial! Now I have to contact my bank and possibly close my accounts because of these jokers. This company is nothing but a headache. They claim to be out of Mountain View, CA but we spoke to affiliates out of Hong Kong the whole time. They offered us no help and no supervisor to speak with. Please do not buy anything from this company. It will only bring you misery and many phone calls to your bank to see where your money is. Let our story be your warning, do not do business with DinoDirect!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

Whatever you do, don't buy from this DinoDirect! This is the worst experience I have ever had and there is no recourse. I ordered a wireless doorbell to install in my property to sell and twice, they have sent the wrong thing. I emailed c/s and they asked for barcodes as if they can't see them on the invoices. When I called, nobody speaks English at all and they will hang up on you. I don't believe the rating I see here. I think they create them because they are the worst vendors I have ever used from China and they are costing me money. Run and run fast!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2012

First order was shipped on July 29th that never showed up. Second order was shipped on August 29th - that never showed up. Everyone in live chat happens to be named Sharon. Sharon likes to ignore you once she says, "Hi. How may I help you?" Images of my orders were never attached to the emails they sent me and they charge you $2 for a free ** tracking number! Don't buy here unless you pay $25 or more or else your ** never arrives. Simple order that's $4.69, they ** take your money and ignore you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

Never buy from DinoDirect. They are the worst online service ever. They give you a delivery time, they don't respect you and they don't give you any reasons about it. In the live chat, they just bump you to other people who don't give you answers either and they are not helpful at all. You can speak with 5 different people, and they will all give you wrong information. Plus, they justify their behavior with such brilliant things as "that is a secret." Are we joking?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2012

I purchased a wireless intercom system and they sent a wired system. I called and she (Sharon) told me that she would email a free mailing label. Once she sent the link to purchase the correct item and told me to check my email for the label, she hung up. Fifteen minutes later, no label and nobody answered the phone. An hour after, they answered the phone and told me they didn't have the labels. They are the worst. Now, I have 2 intercoms and I'm afraid to return because they will have the system and my money. They have 5 of the same items that are different and they don't spell out the differences - i.e., wireless, wired, waterproof and they all look the same. There needs to be a law that will not allow a company to do business in our country if they do bad business and have complaints like this. Buyer beware! They are liars!

Original review: July 11, 2012

Never Got My Refund! - They are thieves, do not buy from them. I bought over $100 worth of clothes and none of them fit. I paid $50 to ship it back to them for a refund after emailing them. They approved it and got the items but kept giving me the runaround to get my money back. I still have not seen any money and they have yet to contact me. By the way, there is no telephone number to contact them directly. Run! Don't shop here!

Original review: May 8, 2012

I ordered a trench coat from them. It took 21 days to arrive from China (it wasn't mentioned when I checked out and made a payment that it will take this long). When I tried it, I realized that the sleeves are too tight and don't match the global sizing measurements. Also, one button was damaged. When I requested to take the item back and refund my money, they straightaway rejected my request. I am still negotiating. I will probably ask for a larger size so that at least my arms can go in. It is a ridiculous experience and bad after-sales service.

Original review: April 21, 2012

I usually diligently read reviews before buying on-line. I only read the reviews on the website I think! Do not buy from this company! I bought a wedding dress, the sizing was good because I sent my measurements but the dress I received was not the one in the photo. It lacked detailing, had poor detailing and poor workmanship. I will have to spend some more money to make it what I wanted.

The workmanship is quite poor and their customer service resolution **. After I finally managed to send photos to them, they offered me a $20 gift card! I let them know how choked I was, sent more photos and they again offered me $20 gift card. I let them know once again and told them not to reply to me, I was done. They emailed me again and offered a $30 gift card and said "you can wear the dress". I told them I could wear a garbage bag too!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2012

I have read some of these reviews and my complaint is the same. I ordered a sleeping device from them on January 21, 2012. They sent me an email saying that due to high demand, they were backed up. Then on Feb 2nd, I got an email saying that they were shipping my item and that I should receive it in 7 days. By the 13th, I opened a ticket asking them to look into my shipping. They promptly replied back that it will be for 7-14 days and to be patient.

On the 17th, I hit them back and said that it's been 15 days, and if I can get my money back. Mind you, I ordered a sweater from ESPN shop just 5 days prior and got my sweater today. They replied back saying that I should expect delivery in 15-25 days. What? Thank god my item is only $20. I am a real person. I don't shop for too many things online, but this is the first time I truly feel totally gypped and ripped off! This company is a fraud, as well as their ratings. Once you do research, you'll find the same complaint. They are a total fraud and rip off!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I ordered 8 different evening bags on December 11th 2011. In january 11th 2012, I emailed their customer service that I have not receive my Dec 11th ordered. I was asked to have some patience. When I ordered the goods I was told that it would take about 7 days for me to receive my orders. I later received email that I should have received my order by now, that I should check with my local post office, that they normally will leave packages at door steps. I have also try to connect with their customer service through live chat.

Each time I state my order number and the fact that i have not receive items ordered since December 11 2011, I will be disconnected. I have many tried times to connect with live chat personnel, each time I state my complaint, I get disconnected. The live chat person name is Sharon if that is real name because I don't trust these people anymore.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2012

People stay away and never order from this company. It’s a scam! Never, ever order anything at all from this company. I ordered clothing online that didn’t look anything like what was depicted on the website. The clothes were cheap, they looked like garbage and the sizes were totally wrong (I ordered a large and it wouldn't even fit my 10 year old daughter). Ordering from DinoDirect was a huge let down and a big mistake. Don't be fooled by this company!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2011

I bought online from DinoDirect a quad band dual SIM watch cell phone, referenced S760. They sent me instead another reference, Q968T. The main reason why I wanted the S760 is it has dual SIMs. The watch I received has only one SIM card. So, I told them they had sent the wrong item. They first denied. They then asked me to send pictures of the watch and of the envelope the watch had come in. I did so. They claimed they were unable to open my pictures (plain, regular jpeg files!). On their demand, I had to send these pictures again twice! Is that an electronics company or what? I asked them to take the watch back. They refused and offered me a $30.00 credit. I didn't answer. They then offered a $30.00 refund. I took it. But the refund took forever to come. So, I had to write a letter to both their Los Angeles (USA) and Coventry (UK) offices before I was granted this refund. People at DinoDirect are incompetent (both commercially and technically). They use bad faith and try to avoid the least compensation. So my advice is: stay away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2011

I purchased an item and never received it. According to them it would take 7-14 days. They sent an email with this number 94MD9375-DD, and I am unable to find out anything at all. I have posted complaints within their forums on the website and that does nothing either. When I send an email, all I get is an auto-reply, nothing more. All of these for $14.28. They are severely committing fraud. Based in California, they seem to get away with it. I'm trying dispute through PayPal.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2011

my order after I submitted a ticket complaint on their website. Then, I was sent a wrist watch cell phone--not what I ordered. I wish I had read about them before ordering something. It sounds like I'm in for a fight to get my money back or the right item.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2011

I ordered a wireless mouse from this company in early December 2010. I received their shipping confirmation on December 15, 2010, stating that I would receive my item within 7 to 14 business days. After 15 days, I had not received my item and contacted DinoDirect and informed them of the missing shipment. They informed me of some logistic problems that they were experiencing. They asked for my patience and to allow for another 10 business days for the shipment to arrive.

DinoDirect stated that if the item had not arrived within the 10 business days, then they would ship out a new item. In the meantime, I also opened a dispute with DinoDirect through PayPal which I used to pay for my purchase. Well, the 10 days came and went, but I had not received my original purchase or a shipping confirmation of the new item. When I asked DinoDirect about this, they stated that it is not their policy to send out merchandise when there is an open dispute with Paypal.

My reply was simple; I will close the dispute when I receive a proper and trackable shipping confirmation of the new item. I am afraid that if I lift the dispute, then they will take my money and never send my merchandise. Currently, Paypal is the only leverage I have to try and keep DinoDirect true to their word. The lack of interest to resolve this issue on DinoDirect's behalf leads me to believe that they are a fraud and need to be dealt with so other consumers are not taken in by them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2010

Simple: They sent me the wrong item. I've tried for a month to get the correct item, but they refuse to do so. I've sent pictures of it and have many emails (one where they admit it is the wrong item) but they drag it on and on, lie, and never do anything. I contacted the BBB, but they don't do much of anything. I paid $55.19 for the product via Discover Card; have all the emails trying to resolve this and their responses. I'm just extremely frustrated a company like this is still in business in America.

DinoDirect Company Information