Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Dial Soap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dial Soap?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dial Soap?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

So I just had ran out of my normal Avon shampoo that I use regularly for my hair. I had this one bottle of Dial shampoo, just sitting there, that I have never touched nor open, in case I ran out of shampoo. It was a 3-in-1 shampoo, body wash, and facial wash bottle. I opened it, squired it onto my hand, and lathered my hair (yes, only my hair) with it, used my normal eczema-relief soap bar and went on with my day with no problem. I used it again the next day too. It was a pretty good soap and made my hair come out pretty smooth and lathered, and even after getting my normal Avon shampoo back the third day. Then about the fourth day hit, and I started developing an itchy scalp right as I enter the car after a normal day after school. I was like no problem, it’s allergy season, it might just be an allergy I’m developing or something. I pretty much ignored it until I got home from school that day, and my whole body started itching out of control, no clue why.

The itching continued on and on until the next day, where I started developing bumps across my legs and arms. I went to my high school nurse immediately and got treatment (which helped a tiny bit), and continued on with my day. When I showered the next day I finally realized that it was my Dial soap, it all made sense. I never ever had an allergy to anything in my life, nor have I ever used Dial in my life. This has caused a severe allergic reaction, coming from my scalp, all the way to my legs. No clue why still, but I’m going to leave it to Dial. It’s the third day of my allergic reaction ever since avoiding Dial soap, and the itching still hasn’t gone down.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I’ve never had this problem with Dial soap. But lately I’ve been noticing my hands getting very dry after washing them with DIAL. They started to burn after I dried my hands after washing. It becomes a bumpy rash and feels like it’s eating my skin away. I used to really love dial hand soap!! But it’s an unbearable burn that I need cold water or ice constantly for about 10-20 minutes. I put lotion on and it burned until it dried completely.

Get buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

We've bought Dial Soap since forever but the soap will break into with very few uses. What are you doing to make this soap better. Bought at Walmart, Springfield, TN 37172. What are you doing to make this soap better.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I tried several varieties of Dial hand soap. Every product produces a severe rash on my hands. It starts out dry despite using hand lotion afterwards but quickly progresses to tiny red bumps on my hands that weep and become inflamed. The burning pain is unreal. It took two weeks for the rash to go away once I switched to a different brand of soap.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I tried dial bar soap in tub and in vanity sink and it became mush. I tried other soaps and never had this experience of a bar completely falling apart. I will have to get rid of this bar soap. I bought three bars total and they are all falling apart.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I loved Dial bar soap scent and used it for months with no issue. One day, I was showering and the first thing I grabbed was the soap to clean my body. I broke out in a rash in my lower back. I had never developed any rashes with any other substance. The rash will not go away and it looks exactly like the rest of the pictures everyone is posting on the complaints on here. I didn't have an issue with the shape or smell of the soap but the fact that it gave me this rash is very disappointing to me. I will stop buying this product and I'm sharing my story so other consumers can be a aware that most likely there is something in this product causing this rash. I would definitely not recommend its usage on anyone!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Unfortunately I didn’t catch this nightmare until almost a year later! I had kidney failure last October & as a result almost ended up losing my left leg. I don’t have very good circulation in my legs and thought I was having neuropathy itch to the point I was scratching the actual skin off of my legs!! I WAS TRYING TO HEAL MY WOUNDS WITH THIS SOAP! I will NEVER USE THIS SOAP AGAIN!!!! Please beware!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I will never purchase NO Dial products again. As soon as I start using their products I got a severe rash, I felt so disgusted I didn't want to leave my house. Dial Soap should be taken off all the shelves ALL!! I wish I can see these people. I want my money back!! DON'T BUY DIAL SOAP PLEASE.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have always bought and loved Dial antibacterial bar soap. It’s been my go-to for years. And I knew that with the ban on triclosan and triclocarban they’d have to change their formula a bit and it would probably take some getting used to (which is why I stocked up on the original formula and am just now experiencing the new one. I did not, however, expect to be covered in itchy red bumps that even hydrocortisone isn’t helping. They replaced the triclosan in their soaps with benzalkonium chloride, which I’ve used in other products and have no allergy to. Yet each of the handful of times I’ve tried these new bars I’ve had major rashing as a result.

The rashing is bad enough, but the problems with this soap don’t end there. It burns. It doesn’t entirely wash off, leaving a film on my skin. And the bars get soggy and mushy (for lack of a better way of putting it) in the shower. You end up wasting a good portion of your soap watching it go down the drain without the benefit of washing with it first. My fiancé used the soap and experienced all these things as well, including the rashing, and he has pretty tolerant skin. I know they can’t legally go back to using triclosan but they need to work on improving the formula they have with the benzalkonium chloride.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I bought 4 Dial soap (soft-soap) pump dispensers at Target because they were on sale. 3 of the 4 had UNUSABLE pumps!!! Total inaction of the pump pop-up function. Joke's on me! This sale just gave me anxiety and anger and the determination never to buy this product again.

Dial Soap Company Information