1.42/5
Based on 96 reviews that contain star ratings

100 Dial Soap Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Got the soap. Started getting welts and rash. On the second day my whole body was covered in a rash. Hand and feet swelled. A lil shortness of breath. My mom figured it was the soap after I told her this was my first time using it. I will never use it again.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First time purchase. Developed severe rash to neck and back after using the product. One Dr video chat with one medical. Two trips to Dr for the severe reaction! Put on steroid cream will take weeks to heal. Every time I took a shower condition got worse. Stay away from this product (Body Wash).

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Started using this red and orange Dial soap about February 2018. Almost immediately had small splotchy areas appear and disappear almost all over my body - mostly arms, neck and FEET! Itchy as hell. Calamine Lotion and ** doesn't help at all. I'm going to change soaps today for sure but I guess the irritation will last for a good while. HELP and thanks in advance for your advice!

Original review: June 18, 2018

They had Dial body soaps on sale at my local grocery store so I decided to grab two. I was using new detergent at the time. So when I started breaking out I switched my detergent, no relief so I ended up finding this review page and I now know what's been covering my whole body in this terrible rash and blistering! I've been using this stuff for a week now and I don't sleep well at night. My reaction is so bad. I'm showing my rib cage and arm.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I started using Dial on a regular basis last summer once I began getting abscesses in minor skin wounds. The rash was slow to develop but itched horribly. Now that 8 months have passed and I realized it was the daily use of Dial Soap I've noticed the areas that were affected are extremely discolored as though I used a skin bleach. It's very unattractive and has scarred me permanently. I will be looking into filing for damages. No soap should be this corrosive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dial Soap?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I recently got my industrial pierced along with my second earlobes, and has been using the Dial Gold hand soap to clean it, as recommended by my piercer. The first few days were fine, regarding the pain from the piercing, I hadn’t noticed anything wrong because it was new. It’s been over a week now, and I have the worst rash on my ear. At first I thought that I hadn’t got all of the soap off of my ear, and that’s why it felt very dry and crusty, then as the days went on, the rash has started to spread. First to the rest of my earlobe, and now starting to spread onto my face. It is even starting to happen on my other ear now. I will not be using this soap anymore and will be switching to a saline solution. Hopefully a doctor appointment isn’t needed to get rid of it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I recently started potty training my toddler son. Of course, I encourage him to wash his hands, each time he goes. The soft soap antibacterial hand soap burned his hands terribly, from using it repeatedly for just one day. I would not recommend using on children at all! Poor baby, his hands are bright red, scaly and very painful.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I used this bar soap for a week and developed a red, painful blister-like rash on my arms and thighs. I have always used Dial soap and this was the first time I had this problem. Beware of the coconut water bar soap.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Used the Lavender Dial bar soap and my body went haywire. I did not have an immediate reaction so it took a while for me to figure out after stressing over my detergent and lotions which all has not changed. The allergic reaction is the most intense experience ever. My reaction consisted of redness, bumps and welts. Utterly painful. Itchy. I have stopped immediately. Saddened to see others on here have had the same reaction.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought the lavender bar soap, started getting itching on my back . At first I thought it might be the detergent I used. I bought different detergent, but then saw a rash developing on my arms. I figured it was my comforter. I washed it in hot water. Finally, I saw it showing up on my other arm. I decided to google Dial lavender soap, and saw the first review which is exactly the rash and breakouts that are showing on me. I will definitely be discontinuing using Dial Soap.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have been buying and using Dial Gold Bar FOREVER! Some time in October, we restocked the Dial gold bar and that's when the problems started. After using everyone in the house broke out with a terrible rash. We changed washing powder, softeners, and dryers sheets. Next we changed lotions. I stopped using perfumes. Finally after taking the kids to the doctor, we changed the soap. We purchased unscented body bar. That has helped tremendously. IDK what Dial has done to the gold bar but please change it back!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Liquid hand soap - Purchased the above product in the 7.5 fluid ounce pump bottle. Several of us in the family have tried unsuccessfully release the pump so we can take the next step which is press the pump to put a little liquid in our hand. Just does not work. This should not be rocket science. Love your dishwashing liquid. Please give us a little help. My wife lost her receipt but she purchased the product today.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I always used the same soap to refill my dispensers, I use the liquid Dial refill bottles (not the foam type). Well when I refilled my bottles later that day the liquid soap turned white and watery inside. Come to find out they use now a new formula and you should not mix it, however never tell the customers on the label. This is terrible and will never purchase a Dial soap again!!! Who knows what kind of chemicals they put in it now and what harm mixing them did.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I recently purchased a package of 8 bars of Dial Corporation soap. This company insults the intelligence of the American Consumer. They carved out at least an ounce of the bar, making it contour in shape. They do this to reduce the amount of ingredients used in the bar and also charge more for the product. Once you use about half the bar (which is now hard to handle due to shape), the bar does NOT suds hardly at all. So they have also reduced the suds ingredient also. About 3/4 through the bar, you will be lucky to get any suds whatsoever. DON'T BUY DIAL SOAP!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I actually looked up to see if other people are as annoyed by the curved shape of the Gold bar soap as I am, and they are. Please add me to the list of people who would much rather have the flat bar of soap back that you can actually use up before it breaks! SO ANNOYING. Just charge more instead of trying to fool consumers by carving out a hunk... we are smarter than you think.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased Dial liquid hand soap and after being in the soap dispenser for a few days it turned watery. I never had this problem in the past. I like Dial soap but I won't be purchasing anymore anytime soon.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I love Dial Soap and can't be without it. But you need to change the shape and make it perfectly rectangle all the way around. Right now your bar soap is contour in the middle, so half way through the bar it breaks in half which makes it hard to use and stay in the shower soap dish. There is no reason the contour the bar, just make it straight and it would last longer and be easier to use.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I am very particular about the soaps and shampoos I use for my face and body and am especially careful about the soap I use on my son. I have been using Oil Of Olay soap (Shea butter) ONLY on my face for at least a decade. I am prone to breakouts from anything that dries it out. My son had also been sensitive to certain soaps and I am very particular about what he uses.

I purchased a 'Dial Spring Water' for my son to use and he loved the scent and it works great. I decided to try a couple other formulas and, long story short, we now use them for shampoo, face and body and are thrilled with both the streamlining of shower time and the results of the product! Hair is soft, face is clearer than it had ever been and skin is soft and healthy! Keep up the good work, Dial! These are wonderful products for our household! I purchased them online through the Walmart app, but will be trying to track down some of the scents that they don't carry! Thanks so much for a great addition to our family!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Backstory: A week and a half ago I got a cartilage piercing. It requires great care to prevent infection and the like. The day I got it I purchased some hospital grade antibacterial soap from CVS and all was good. Flash forward a week later and I'm running low (I'd been keeping it aggressively clean in the early days of having it). I've been healing very well with not any problems.

I was in a hurry before work and low on cash so I went to the local Dollar General and bought a bottle of Dial Gold Liquid Hand Soap instead of returning to CVS to buy the soap I'd been using. At first I was using it just to swab the entry points of the piercing. Shortly afterward the area of my piercing started itching like crazy but I didn't think much of it. It's a pretty normal occurrence at this stage of healing. Yesterday (Feb 25, 2017), I did a more thorough cleaning with the Dial and my entire ear became very irritated. Naturally, I've decided to discontinue use and go buy the previous soap I'd been using. I also have a rash on my hands but I'm not sure if it's the Dial or the dish soap we use at work which tends to make me break out as well. All I can say is that I'm very glad I caught it quickly. I would have been very upset if this experience ruined my piercing.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I literally "googled" Dial Corporate Offices to contact someone concerning a rash I incurred all over my face pursuant to using Dial Basics Hypoallergenic soap. There did not seem to be that data available. Thus, I am writing a review. I had hoped maybe someone at Dial might be able to send me another soap without whatever it was that caused the rash on my face. All I believe needs to be done about this soap is to take off the hypoallergenic marketing ploy. I like the soap for all other parts of my body, but a manufacturer cannot advertise hypoallergenic when it is not.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I recently switched to Dial Handsoap, and bought 4 large bottles to use for refilling existing dispensers. Like other people here, my soap turned WATERY!!! Finally, I got so mad I dumped out all 32 oz. of 2 of the bottles. Did I mention you have to use at least 4 pumps of soap to get any kind of hand washing done? No suds... It's like washing hands with light hand lotion! And even though it claims to be moisturizing, it has dried my hands out horribly! The company can say whatever they want, I'm sure they are just cheapening the product. It's all about the bottom line, not the consumer. I was glad to read all these reviews that confirmed everything I had been experiencing too!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I bought this thinking it would be somewhat natural. It smells like I put fragrance plug-ins throughout the house. I double zip locked all the soaps and it still smells through the bags. Taking these fake fragranced poison soaps back to Walmart and trading for another brand that won't cause me to constantly smell fake berry fragrance.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

My daughter recently purchased a bottle of Dial Miracle Oil with Marula Oil. I only use Dial body wash, and she does not normally use this brand. She broke out in a horrible burning, itching rash. Dial does make some great products. We just want others to know to be careful when trying something new.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I first used this poison in early July of this year, switching from my normal body wash (Dove Men+Care) and used it for four days until I realized I had a burning sensation which began on my feet then moved up to the palms of my hands (it felt as if I had scraped my palms on concrete). I then had burning on the insides of my arms and shoulders, but the majority of the pain at the time was focused in my palms, ending in my fingers.

This redness, inflammation and burning sensation continued to the point where one day the discomfort was so severe that my hands grew numb from the sensation. I found relief by soaking in cool water in the bathtub, but it was short-lived as the sensation soon returned. I decided to go to the urgent care the next day, and the doctor looked me over and noticed my skin was cracked, dry and red. He gave me an injection of ** 4.5 and it helped initially.

About a week later, I foolishly grabbed the bottle of DIAL and reviewed the ingredients before tossing it in the garbage. Unfortunately, apparently some of the "product" was on the outside of the bottle and my symptoms (burning, swelling, redness and pain) returned with a vengeance. I went to another doctor to save money (they were cheaper so I had to choose them) and he confirmed it was allergic dermatitis and gave me a ** injection (up to 40 mg). This injection did NOTHING for the condition, so after a few days I went back and he told me I should go to a dermatologist. I didn't have the money for a dermatologist so I went back to the original doctor and he gave me a final injection of **, and by this point I was too far gone to recover from a simple injection.

After suffering for two weeks further with this condition, I eventually scrounged up enough money to visit a dermatologist. Spent 20 minutes with her and she gave me a three week course of ** (40 mg 1st week, 20 mg 2nd week and 10 mg final week). The ** seems to have helped for the most part, and I noticed an overall improvement, but my skin is now VERY SENSITIVE to anything on the upper part of my body, and my feet burn when they sweat. I don't know if it will continue like this, but I am very depressed... even my bed sheets are painful at this point.

I never experienced anything like this before in my life, and I find it more than a coincidence that this happened when I switched body washes, and came on with such fury over a four-day period in July. I made a big mistake using DIAL and I recommend anyone to think twice before they try this poison. They put whatever they want in these "products," and don't care for the customer. I have read other complaints on here and I can see that they are too big a company to care.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I was raised on Dial bar soap (the gold bar). I'm 56 yrs. old and now about 2 or 3 days after use the bar soap - it breaks in half. The new curve design is terrible. Please go back to the regular design. It was better and last longer.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Dial Glycerin Bath Soap - I love your glycerin soap. It matters great and it lasts. When family spends time here I get great compliments on the soap. They even ask what kind of soap is it. So keep up the good work. I am a satisfied customer!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

We bought Dial Foaming hand soap and after a couple of days, I developed chemical burns under a very wide sterling ring. I started doing research and discovered many people are being burned by this soap. What are you putting in this crap!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

Being homeless for some time and often desperate to relieve the biting mosquitoes back in 2009, I came across this product that relieved me from these biting mosquitoes... The moment I rubbed this product all over my clothes and hair and any skin exposed for these nasty bugs to attack amazingly they went away and I was no longer affected by these bugs. Don't get me wrong. I love this product for my own personal use for what it was intended for, but I was desperate. Now for the people suffering in Brazil from this deadly invasion of mosquitoes, don't you think that maybe using this product might also help them with this battle? I did write a review back then to praise this product and received a thank you letter in return thinking that maybe this product could expand their usage in different ways.

I feel for the people in Brazil and hope something might make a difference to help them. I'm hoping that this will be well received into the proper hands to share this personal experience with the ones who suffer from this invasion. It's 2016 now, Aug 5th... I still remember that letter to this day. I did keep "the thank you letter" for thinking that they might have done some research on it. I've heard nothing of any sort. Somebody out there needs to take a chance with this. For myself, I still use it when in areas of mosquito infestations and it has never let me down. Just think of it, for pennies a glass, like they would say for Kool-aid. It’s a big savings from buying the original OFF spray or other products that suppose to alleviate the attack of biting insects. So far, I have only used it for mosquito repellent and as my personal use body wash... Dial Body Wash Soy & Almond Milk.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I bought this soap thinking it would be gentle and fine to use, however I developed an itchy, red rash that spread all over my body. It caused my hands and feet to swell and itch as well. After trying Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment, body wash and lotion, plus ** and the rash still didn't get better I went to the doctor. He gave me steroids to take and it's finally starting to clear up.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I have never broken out in a rash after using a liquid soap--until I recently used a bottle of Dial. I think they must have changed their formula, because this product caused me to break out with a burning, itching rash. Am interested to see that others are experiencing the same thing.

Dial Soap Company Information