1.48/5
Based on 81 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Dial Soap

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 12, 2017

85 Dial Soap Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased Dial liquid hand soap and after being in the soap dispenser for a few days it turned watery. I never had this problem in the past. I like Dial soap but I won't be purchasing anymore anytime soon.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I love Dial Soap and can't be without it. But you need to change the shape and make it perfectly rectangle all the way around. Right now your bar soap is contour in the middle, so half way through the bar it breaks in half which makes it hard to use and stay in the shower soap dish. There is no reason the contour the bar, just make it straight and it would last longer and be easier to use.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 22, 2017

I am very particular about the soaps and shampoos I use for my face and body and am especially careful about the soap I use on my son. I have been using Oil Of Olay soap (Shea butter) ONLY on my face for at least a decade. I am prone to breakouts from anything that dries it out. My son had also been sensitive to certain soaps and I am very particular about what he uses.

I purchased a 'Dial Spring Water' for my son to use and he loved the scent and it works great. I decided to try a couple other formulas and, long story short, we now use them for shampoo, face and body and are thrilled with both the streamlining of shower time and the results of the product! Hair is soft, face is clearer than it had ever been and skin is soft and healthy! Keep up the good work, Dial! These are wonderful products for our household! I purchased them online through the Walmart app, but will be trying to track down some of the scents that they don't carry! Thanks so much for a great addition to our family!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Backstory: A week and a half ago I got a cartilage piercing. It requires great care to prevent infection and the like. The day I got it I purchased some hospital grade antibacterial soap from CVS and all was good. Flash forward a week later and I'm running low (I'd been keeping it aggressively clean in the early days of having it). I've been healing very well with not any problems.

I was in a hurry before work and low on cash so I went to the local Dollar General and bought a bottle of Dial Gold Liquid Hand Soap instead of returning to CVS to buy the soap I'd been using. At first I was using it just to swab the entry points of the piercing. Shortly afterward the area of my piercing started itching like crazy but I didn't think much of it. It's a pretty normal occurrence at this stage of healing. Yesterday (Feb 25, 2017), I did a more thorough cleaning with the Dial and my entire ear became very irritated. Naturally, I've decided to discontinue use and go buy the previous soap I'd been using. I also have a rash on my hands but I'm not sure if it's the Dial or the dish soap we use at work which tends to make me break out as well. All I can say is that I'm very glad I caught it quickly. I would have been very upset if this experience ruined my piercing.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I literally "googled" Dial Corporate Offices to contact someone concerning a rash I incurred all over my face pursuant to using Dial Basics Hypoallergenic soap. There did not seem to be that data available. Thus, I am writing a review. I had hoped maybe someone at Dial might be able to send me another soap without whatever it was that caused the rash on my face. All I believe needs to be done about this soap is to take off the hypoallergenic marketing ploy. I like the soap for all other parts of my body, but a manufacturer cannot advertise hypoallergenic when it is not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dial Soap?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I recently switched to Dial Handsoap, and bought 4 large bottles to use for refilling existing dispensers. Like other people here, my soap turned WATERY!!! Finally, I got so mad I dumped out all 32 oz. of 2 of the bottles. Did I mention you have to use at least 4 pumps of soap to get any kind of hand washing done? No suds... It's like washing hands with light hand lotion! And even though it claims to be moisturizing, it has dried my hands out horribly! The company can say whatever they want, I'm sure they are just cheapening the product. It's all about the bottom line, not the consumer. I was glad to read all these reviews that confirmed everything I had been experiencing too!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I bought this thinking it would be somewhat natural. It smells like I put fragrance plug-ins throughout the house. I double zip locked all the soaps and it still smells through the bags. Taking these fake fragranced poison soaps back to Walmart and trading for another brand that won't cause me to constantly smell fake berry fragrance.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

My daughter recently purchased a bottle of Dial Miracle Oil with Marula Oil. I only use Dial body wash, and she does not normally use this brand. She broke out in a horrible burning, itching rash. Dial does make some great products. We just want others to know to be careful when trying something new.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I first used this poison in early July of this year, switching from my normal body wash (Dove Men+Care) and used it for four days until I realized I had a burning sensation which began on my feet then moved up to the palms of my hands (it felt as if I had scraped my palms on concrete). I then had burning on the insides of my arms and shoulders, but the majority of the pain at the time was focused in my palms, ending in my fingers.

This redness, inflammation and burning sensation continued to the point where one day the discomfort was so severe that my hands grew numb from the sensation. I found relief by soaking in cool water in the bathtub, but it was short-lived as the sensation soon returned. I decided to go to the urgent care the next day, and the doctor looked me over and noticed my skin was cracked, dry and red. He gave me an injection of ** 4.5 and it helped initially.

About a week later, I foolishly grabbed the bottle of DIAL and reviewed the ingredients before tossing it in the garbage. Unfortunately, apparently some of the "product" was on the outside of the bottle and my symptoms (burning, swelling, redness and pain) returned with a vengeance. I went to another doctor to save money (they were cheaper so I had to choose them) and he confirmed it was allergic dermatitis and gave me a ** injection (up to 40 mg). This injection did NOTHING for the condition, so after a few days I went back and he told me I should go to a dermatologist. I didn't have the money for a dermatologist so I went back to the original doctor and he gave me a final injection of **, and by this point I was too far gone to recover from a simple injection.

After suffering for two weeks further with this condition, I eventually scrounged up enough money to visit a dermatologist. Spent 20 minutes with her and she gave me a three week course of ** (40 mg 1st week, 20 mg 2nd week and 10 mg final week). The ** seems to have helped for the most part, and I noticed an overall improvement, but my skin is now VERY SENSITIVE to anything on the upper part of my body, and my feet burn when they sweat. I don't know if it will continue like this, but I am very depressed... even my bed sheets are painful at this point.

I never experienced anything like this before in my life, and I find it more than a coincidence that this happened when I switched body washes, and came on with such fury over a four-day period in July. I made a big mistake using DIAL and I recommend anyone to think twice before they try this poison. They put whatever they want in these "products," and don't care for the customer. I have read other complaints on here and I can see that they are too big a company to care.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I was raised on Dial bar soap (the gold bar). I'm 56 yrs. old and now about 2 or 3 days after use the bar soap - it breaks in half. The new curve design is terrible. Please go back to the regular design. It was better and last longer.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Dial Glycerin Bath Soap - I love your glycerin soap. It matters great and it lasts. When family spends time here I get great compliments on the soap. They even ask what kind of soap is it. So keep up the good work. I am a satisfied customer!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

We bought Dial Foaming hand soap and after a couple of days, I developed chemical burns under a very wide sterling ring. I started doing research and discovered many people are being burned by this soap. What are you putting in this crap!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

Being homeless for some time and often desperate to relieve the biting mosquitoes back in 2009, I came across this product that relieved me from these biting mosquitoes... The moment I rubbed this product all over my clothes and hair and any skin exposed for these nasty bugs to attack amazingly they went away and I was no longer affected by these bugs. Don't get me wrong. I love this product for my own personal use for what it was intended for, but I was desperate. Now for the people suffering in Brazil from this deadly invasion of mosquitoes, don't you think that maybe using this product might also help them with this battle? I did write a review back then to praise this product and received a thank you letter in return thinking that maybe this product could expand their usage in different ways.

I feel for the people in Brazil and hope something might make a difference to help them. I'm hoping that this will be well received into the proper hands to share this personal experience with the ones who suffer from this invasion. It's 2016 now, Aug 5th... I still remember that letter to this day. I did keep "the thank you letter" for thinking that they might have done some research on it. I've heard nothing of any sort. Somebody out there needs to take a chance with this. For myself, I still use it when in areas of mosquito infestations and it has never let me down. Just think of it, for pennies a glass, like they would say for Kool-aid. It’s a big savings from buying the original OFF spray or other products that suppose to alleviate the attack of biting insects. So far, I have only used it for mosquito repellent and as my personal use body wash... Dial Body Wash Soy & Almond Milk.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I bought this soap thinking it would be gentle and fine to use, however I developed an itchy, red rash that spread all over my body. It caused my hands and feet to swell and itch as well. After trying Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment, body wash and lotion, plus ** and the rash still didn't get better I went to the doctor. He gave me steroids to take and it's finally starting to clear up.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I have never broken out in a rash after using a liquid soap--until I recently used a bottle of Dial. I think they must have changed their formula, because this product caused me to break out with a burning, itching rash. Am interested to see that others are experiencing the same thing.

Original review: June 17, 2016

Dial Aloe Antibacterial and Lavender & Twilight Jasmine Hand soap - I am not allergic to anything but yesterday I used Dial (soft soap) for the first time and immediately my hands became extremely itchy for hours. It seemed to affect other parts of my body where I did not apply Dial. It was a systemic itch. As well as itching, I experienced a burning sensation. There is something seriously wrong with this product.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I actually tried the soap first in my aunt's place and I liked that its scent is not too strong. Plus it's moisturizing unlike other antibacterial soaps that dries my skin. No burning feeling on my face too. I have loved it since then and we're using it as a family soap now. Very affordable soap. Although usually only available in big supermarkets.

Original review: April 27, 2016

Hours after using Dial liquid soap, my hands began to burn and actual burns started to appear and now my hands are severely burned from the chemicals used to make this soap. My doctor have confirmed this and Dial swears their soap is safe and will no longer talk to me. Would like to talk to the other people from this article that were burned by this soap. Something needs to done about this and it's going to take more than just my voice. So please contact me if you were burned.

Original review: March 4, 2016

The container of Dial Soap we recently purchased was almost a liquid when we mixed it with the Dial Soap that was remaining in the dispenser, and it would hardly make any suds on your hands. I wrote to their Customer Service and they told me that the soap is a new formula and it should not be mixed with the old formula. I replied ''How would I know it is a new formula, there is no mention of a formula on the bottle, and it does not say do not mix with old formula soap."

Dial has obviously screwed something up, changed the viscosity, changed the chemical composition, changed any number of things, and instead of fessing up to the problem they are insulting customers by suggesting that the so called "NEW FORMULA" is not to be mixed with anything else. They will not have to worry about me mixing any Dial Soap because I will not purchase their brand again. With all the soaps on the market why would we have to put up with that kind of insulting stupidity.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I'm not sure if it's the formula, or if it's the dispenser, but I wonder if anyone else has a problem with the Dial Liquid Gold soap literally slipping through your fingers and down the drain before you have a chance to lather? I waste so much and use so much more than needed. I don't have that problem with other brands, so I don't think it's me, or anything I'm doing differently.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

I have used Dial liquid soap for many years as dish washing soap at our kitchen sink. All of a sudden, the formula has changed because it feels watery in my hand and they are not the wonderful suds I am used to. Please tell me what has caused this disappointing change.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I started using the new dial pump soap and noticed a few days later a bad rash. Went to doctor and she was convinced it was soap. I have used this for over 10 years. I sent an email to company and they replied that they have changed the active ingredient. I am now on a steroid cream for 2 weeks to clear it up. When I spoke to Dial's medical team, they guessed correctly what prescription I was given so that leaves me to believe they have known about this and have received complaints.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

They say it is a "improved formula" but we have been using it for 10 years and now it doesn't lather and you have to use twice as much! I can't believe they thought we would not notice this! Really too bad, as it was my favorite soap. Now we will be using Softsoap from now on. They offered me a free bottle, but that doesn't resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I have used Dial liquid for many years as well as bar soap. Now the liquid is so runny and does not lather. You need to use twice as much (maybe their plan?)! At 1st I thought I got a defective bottle. Nope - new and improved..haha ..figures (:

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I just tried this product for the very first time this week. I used Dial soap for the first time yesterday and started to notice a rash on my legs. I thought it wasn't anything serious so I think that it will go away the next day. Well, I wake up the next morning and I have a horrible rash all over my legs and some on my hand now, spreading to my arms. The only thing I can think of this happening was from using Dial because it was a new product to me and it was the only thing that could have caused this. DO NOT by Dial!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

After using Miracle oil for a week I have a total body rash. Smelled good, but I must be allergic.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I bought Dial green glycerin soap on sale last Sunday. Today is Thursday and I have had to take the day off work due to the rash of painful, itchy red bumps ALL over my face, neck and chest. There are even bumps inside my ears. They feel sort of like acne, but are extremely itchy and painful whenever I touch it. I happen to have taken a no-makeup picture 2 nights before I woke up with the rash for comparison of how quickly and viciously it appeared. I had no idea this was a possibility. I am a single mom and cannot afford to miss work. Thank goodness I found these other reports that confirmed my suspicion so I can immediately remedy the situation. Do not touch this soap.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

We have used soap refills for 20 years or more, alternating between Dial and Softsoap with no problems until this past summer when the soap turned to a thin liquid when trying to pump it out of the dispenser. We thought it might be a reaction between the two brands, although we couldn't remember if we actually combined them when topping off the dispenser. With just the Dial left, it was proved that the Dial soap is the problem. We have gone through two or more large refill bottles. After using the last of this past Summer's purchase by pouring it out of the dispenser and down the drain, we are trying a recent purchase to see if there is still a problem. What happened to our favorite brand?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I bought the Miracle Oil body wash because it is getting cooler and my skin gets dry in the cooler months. And, my skin has been lovely - soft and smooth. However, I noticed that the skin around my eyes became red and swollen and itchy. At first, I couldn't figure out what it was. I threw out my eye make-up. I washed my makeup brushes. I changed my laundry detergent to non-allergenic. I do not have allergies. I have no food allergies, pet allergies, pollen allergies - nothing. This was perplexing.

This phenomenon has happened to me one time before 16 years ago when I was a sophomore in college. It turned out I was allergic to my herbal essences hairspray. So, I threw out my Pantene hairspray too - thinking that could be the problem. It wasn't. I finally figured out that it was the body wash that has been doing this to me. I stopped using it and within 48 hours, the eye irritation went away. To be fair, I don't think it is Dial's fault. I must just be allergic to the marula oil that is in it. I don't have any nut allergies, by the way. Just wanted to warn folks out there.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I have used regular Dial soap before with no problem but I tried their glycerin soap and broke out horribly in my private region. Never had this problem before. Stopped using it and rash went away.

Dial Soap Company Information