Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Costco pharmacy is inexpensive. However, the pharmacists at my local Costco are inept. Of the five prescriptions I have had filled at my local Costco, only one was filled correctly. Various pharmacists have gotten the other four wrong. When I have question them, a team of two or three people is sent to the counter to argue with me and blame the prescribing doctor, the insurance company of both for Costco's error. On one occasion, I pointed to the label on the medication they had sold me that clearly indicated that the prescription was not correctly filled according to Costco's own label, the pharmacist refused to acknowledge that he had made a mistake.

I had my insurance company call only to be told after a long hold during which time the insurance rep that Costco on the phone that the people she talked to at Costco were bizarrely unable to communicate with. She suggested having the prescription transferred to a different pharmacy. I don't understand why people presumably with a university degree cannot read and understand a prescription and why they cannot accept responsibility for their mistakes. I also do not understand why Costco management doesn't fix the problem with some training.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have a number of prescriptions that I needed to have filled. I called the Appleton Costco store and they said to wait until Friday to come in. Costco in Appleton, does not call you, YOU need to call them if to check on prescriptions. Also, the place I transferred all of these prescriptions to, texts me when they are ready. Costco in Appleton, WI will not go out of their way to offer any assistance this way. So, I called them twice to check on my prescriptions, thinking I could just go in and pick up my prescriptions and be on my way. Well, this was not the case. I was told my insurance was not on file (even though I had prescriptions filled in March, 2018). Hmmm, did my March prescriptions go through my insurance? I had been going to them for over 1 1/2 years and my insurance was not on computer? Not very efficient if you ask me.

I would never go back to this pharmacy. Every time I go in, I wait over 45 minutes for my prescriptions. This is not right!!! The customer is not treated very well. My advice is to go somewhere (anywhere) else. I was not apologized to for the wait. Please save yourself some grief and go to an efficient pharmacy. The prices at Costco are not that great as well. I'm never going back, this aggravation is not worth it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I wanted to get a pneumonia vaccination (over 65) which is covered by Medicare Part B. I waited an hour and 15 minutes to be told that I would have to pay for the vaccine because the Costco system would not bill Medicare Part B. I went down the street to CVS, no wait, they said vaccination was covered by Medicare Part B, got the vaccination and was out the door in 15 minutes. Fast and friendly at CVS. No more Costco Pharmacy for any vaccines! I like Costco but the pharmacy service is terrible.

Original review: March 22, 2018

When I went to Silverdale Washington Costco and tried to fill my prescription I was told I had no choice but to use my insurance. For 90 days I pay around $23, if I use my insurance it a $25 copay for 30 days...I have been paying cash for years. When I called my insurance company they said that they never heard of such a thing. What was costing me $100 a year now is going to cost me $300. If this a new Costco company policy?

Original review: March 8, 2018

It is the 2nd time that the pharmacist named Vy ** tries to override doctor's orders. She did it again, this time I am absolutely appalled. The prescription read 2 capsules by mouth and she verbally overrode it to only one capsule. She claimed prescription was too high. The doctor had explained to us why he needed a high dose. Not to mention she had done the same before. To the extent of changing the written prescription! We had to personally go to the doctor and tell him face to face what she had done. The doctor was upset and made the prescription again and called the pharmacy to make sure that never happened again. Unacceptable. Does a pharmacist have this type of power?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We've been dealing with the Charlottesville VA Costco pharmacy for years. This year we changed drug plan carriers. When we tried to fill our usual prescription, we were told (A) this plan doesn't cover that drug but Medicare Part B does, and (B) Costco pharmacy doesn't bill Medicare so the price is the through-the-roof cash price. When we went elsewhere, we learned that Costco is the ONLY pharmacy in town that won't bill Medicare for Part B coverage. Wonder if it's just our Costco, or all of them. Pretty quirky bunch, Costco management.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I also shop at Costco for their large selection of organic groceries and reasonable pricing on other staples. Trader Joe's is also in the same shopping center as Costco & has good values and variety too.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

They changed my ** (generic) again when going to Costco - I questioned this and asked if I could get the same med I got last time. I was not happy about always getting a different version of the med. I am 74 years old and have been an RN for 50 years. I do know a little something about Health Care and Pharmacies. I also questioned the Pharmacist and told him that I did not trust Pharmaceutical Companies. He told me that he didn't have anything to do with Pharmaceutical Companies. I said to him "Isn't this a Pharmacy and aren't you a Pharmacist?" - He then told me that I was not nice to his help and I had one more chance. I told him I had a right to question and this is who I am - A VERY BAD Experience!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

For the past ten months, I obtained a prescription for my dog at a monthly cost of $26.79. On November 28, I picked up the same prescription written by the same vet after having to wait for three days while they resupplied. On the first of the three days (Nov. 25), I was told that it would take 30 minutes. After waiting almost two hours, they finally acknowledged that they had it on order and it would be ready on November 27 after 2:00. They should have told me that at the beginning of the long wait. My wife called on Nov. 27 and was told that the morning of the 28th would be the earliest availability. I came on Nov. 28 and had to work through an unfriendly woman at the counter who had me stand around waiting before finally asking me if this was the medicine. It was the same prescription as the previous ten months.

I signed and left because 1) I am a senior citizen who had been standing a while and 2) My dying dog needed the medicine. I should have analyzed the receipt but Costco is aboveboard (?). The price had increased from $26.79 for the preceding ten months to $145.11! I asked for a credit on the Citibank credit card website for the difference but Costco's new credit card provider conveniently lacks an area to explain why I am challenging part of this charge. In the many years as an executive member, I haven't had a bad experience with Costco (e.g., the travel service worked great for a trip to Hawaii) with the exception of the pharmacy. I won't use this pharmacy again and suggest caution when doing so.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased tickets to an event for $400 on costco.com. The funds were immediately taken out of my checking account. About an hour later I got an email saying my transaction was declined, however, $400 was still taken from my account. It was after hours already so I called Costco.com the next day, Friday, and they told me it was a system glitch and the funds will be returned Monday morning. Monday came and no refund. I had to call Costco every day for a week and every day they promised my money would be refunded the next day. Finally I got sick of getting the runaround and stayed on the phone for three hours with Costco until the issue was resolved. All the while the representative is discouraging me from holding on the line and trying to get me to hang up and call back the next day.

I understand stuff happens like computer glitches and system errors but Costco.com should have made more of an effort to resolve the problem and help the customer instead of passing it off to another associate the next day. I guess they were hoping that I would magically forget that there is $400 missing out of my account and stop bothering them.

Costco Pharmacy Company Information