2. Shopping

Coleman

Coleman
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.60/5

Coleman Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coleman?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coleman Company?

Original review: July 21, 2020

Remarkably terrible customer service. Have no idea if their products work, since what was shipped to us wasn't a tent at all. It's been a month dealing with trying to get this done. Told several times the tent is on the way, then told they can't, then told it's on the way. OK. Lemme know if you all want to get this figured out. Leaving negative reviews everywhere I can find until this gets sorted.

Oh, and your chat support is absolute garbage. The people working that are gaming your system and not helping people. Chat support agents Myrryll Joy, Ryan Jay and Deniece Anne are some of your employees who are gaming this system. Sat waiting for a response from Deniece Anne for 30 minutes, then she disconnected, then Myrryll joined and disconnected after 3 minutes. Got Myrryl again on my 4th draw. She just disconnected me. Cool. This was supposed to be a wedding gift, so my family, and her family and the people who gave the gift will all be weighing in on this. What the heck Coleman, get it together... Ticket: **.

Update: Myrryl is the rudest customer service rep I've ever dealt with. She purposely tried to make me feel stupid, used all caps when she was frustrated, and just needs better training. Please look through our logs. She's arguing with me about a situation that is already resolved. You all should be embarrassed having someone like that represent you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I called to order replacement poles for what the company deemed a "legacy" tent (no longer manufactured). The rep was very helpful and helped me find the needed poles. Again, I ordered "replacement poles." In my mind, replacement poles means the poles will be an absolute match to what I originally received with my tent.

However, when they arrived, the poles were not assembled. I called and was told that that's how they come. When I explained that I was not able to assemble them, the customer service rep was basically "too bad." I stated that at no point was I told that I was receiving a 'kit.' She acknowledged that was a problem with their system and they would address it. I asked to return the poles and was told I would need to cover return shipping. When I stated that I feel the error was theirs -- a fact she acknowledged in stating they'd address the system -- she was basically "too bad." So their error is my expense. I've owned Coleman tents for over 30 years and have purchased for my children. Never again.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Bought 2 of these lanterns after 2 of our old Coleman lanterns were stolen. Put them on the shelf. Didn't need to use them as no hurricanes here in southeast Florida lately. Went to start them up. No go. I have had Coleman lanterns for years with excellent results. Apparently they have defective fuel assemblies with a leak. Tried to get help from Coleman. Customer service is useless. Do not know their product. Ordered new fuel assemblies. Same thing. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REBUILD A BRAND NEW PRODUCT!!!! STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I purchased a PowerChill Thermoelectric cooler from Coleman about 3 months ago and a month after purchasing the fan stopped working on the cooler. I called the 800 number and I said that they were not making those type of coolers anymore that they would give me a refund but all I can get is lies out of this company. Very dissatisfied. I would advise anyone not to purchase anything from Coleman. You have to deal with people from a foreign country and I will not help you at all. I had to give one star to get my review on here but I would not give them any stars. This is a horrible company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I ordered a new product online and they refused to process my order until I reconfirmed my information. After countless times and getting the runaround from multiple departments I gave up and canceled my product. I will never buy anything from coleman ever again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I own three Coleman camping products and all 3 are excellent, though my Big Basin sleeping bag is untried. I recently retired a Coleman Bi Space 300 tent because I wanted more head space in the sleeping compartment to take a camp bed. Otherwise apart from a couple of patches, the tent was excellent. I researched and bought a Coastline 3 from a major distributor. This was last September. I used it on only three nights since. Two in October last year and one this week. The latest nights camping in this coastline was a disaster. The zipper above both side doors leaked like a sieve and the closure was so difficult to make, I thought it would come apart. I had to abandon at 2.0 am and drive home. Coleman offered no explanations, but referred me to the retailer.

Coleman are losing the plot with these cheap and nasty Chinese imports. The quality, design, workmanship and customer services is rubbish. I was so disappointed and now face another big expenditure. What is wrong with Coleman to market such poor tents? They had a winner with the Bi Space. It was so well made. Rest assured, I would not consider another Coleman.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

While camping I fell and the tent door pole was broken in the process. I contacted Coleman and they asked for a bunch of info. After a week of not hearing back from them I called and they asked me for some more information. After another week of not hearing back I finally called again and they told me they no longer have that pole and would not replace the pole. So after 2 weeks of waiting and fighting the frustration, I finally went through a 3rd party to buy the pole myself. The tent was still under warranty and the pole should have been replaced free of charge. I am not happy with the service I received. I love Coleman and their products. I have a lot of different items, but the customer service I received could have been way better. If you break a tent pole, avoid the hassle of the customer service department and go to ereplacements.com and they will help you out. Sorry this is long, I am just frustrated. Hope this helps someone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Ordered a new Coleman Triton+ stove in Coleman website. But received a used or returned one with damages in one side hinge (fall apart from body and scratches on the oven-plate which indicated used. Good brand & customer service, but Terrible warehouse product dispatch. NOT recommend to buy in their official website.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I will never purchase another Coleman product, they no longer care about the customer. We spent $250 on what we thought was a great, high quality screen tent. Used it on vacation four times over two years. Second year camping with it, setting it up, one of the poles cracked, the fiberglass rod split. We were able to duct tape it to get the shelter up to use it. Second night there was a serious storm, which normally would have been fine, except that it was structurally flawed and wound up collapsing, which caused three more poles to break completely -- rendering the screen shelter useless to us.

I contacted Coleman via their 800 number, talked to someone with an Indian accent (in 2019, who else would you expect to reach?). I explained the situation politely and asked for replacement poles, but was told they do not carry poles for it anymore. The best they could do was offer me a 15% discount towards a new one. --> WE SPENT $250 and used it 4 times!!! <-- NFW!! ! I insisted this was not satisfactory. They *finally* offered to do a 40% discount on a new one!!! BUT the failure It was not our fault, the product FAILED with normal setup and use! And it was like new still. Coleman used to back its products up and the customer was more important than a measly $250 to them - they are a global corporation, right? I will never give that company another penny... Do not spend your money with Coleman, as they will not back up their products. Never again.

Original review: July 29, 2019

In May, I purchased a sleeping bag and paid $47.66. I added $20.95 (almost 50% more) for expedited shipping because it was for a grandchild's birthday and important to me that it arrive on-time. Des it did not. I have been on the phone three times previously to have the $20.95 refunded. Each time, it took at least 20 minutes, and, each time, I was promised a refund on my credit card. Still nothing despite my last call with a supervisor.

I am currently on hold again. I requested the contact for their legal department; They refuse to provide that. At this point, it isn't even about the $20.95. It is the principal and the poor customer service. They are hoping that I will give up. If that happens with even a small percentage of their customers, imagine the windfall for them. There are plenty of other companies who sell similar merchandise; purchase from one of them instead.

Coleman Company Information