Coleman

• 4%
  • 1%
  • 86%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coleman Company?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coleman Company?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 18, 2023

I am still exceedingly unhappy with Coleman support and shipping. I paid for 3-day shipping and got the product 6 business days later, I paid for next-day shipping (FedEx Overnight) and got the product 3 business days later. FedEx delivers on the weekends, so that overnight package that I paid for actually took five days to deliver. Neither bag arrived before we had to send my son off to camp, so we were forced to go and get a sub-par sleeping bag from the store beforehand even though I had ordered two bags in plenty of time beforehand.

I spent more than an hour on the phone waiting for customer support to speak with me. When I was able to speak with customer service over the phone, there were difficulties with language barriers and time differences, where they did not know what day it was in the United States because it was already the next day where they were. The responses that I did receive from Coleman basically said "Sorry, there's nothing we can do" and that I should have understood "next-day shipping" to be from the time that you processed and dealt with it after a few days in your shipping department. This is unacceptable.

Reviewed June 5, 2023

Absolutely trash products. Literally every single water jug I have owned from Coleman leaks out of the top of the lid. My brand new water jug literally leaked out every last drop of water in the back of my truck while laying on its side. Super hot date and didn’t have any water to drink. Such a ** product. Never buy anything from them.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 26, 2023

Worse customer service ever. I purchased a cooler on their website. I returned it. A month later I still don't have my refund. They keep giving excuses and saying it is processed. I have called 3 times and still nothing. DON'T BUY ANYTHING ONLINE FROM COLEMAN.

Reviewed May 14, 2023

I do not understand why Coleman does not sell replacement lids for their water bottles. I dropped my water bottle at a REC center and the carrier on the lid broke. I've been trying to find a replacement since then and have not. Please sell replacement lids!!!

Reviewed July 3, 2022

Purchased 4-1 portable Camping stove/BBQ for $180. Received it about 2 months ago but unable to use as one of top handles was improperly bent and can't be attached. Still nothing from them. Very terrible customer service.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2022

Only 3 of the 4 chairs I ordered was received. After over a week all they can tell me is one chair was damaged and they are filing a claim with the carrier. If it's damaged why can they not send me the 4th chair now? A question the customer service rep could not (or did not want to) answer. She was not even aware if the mfger has chairs in stock to deliver me the 4th--WHICH I PAID FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AGO! I will update this review if/when this is or is not finally resolved.

Price

Reviewed June 14, 2021

Coleman continues to improve their range of products to stay competitive. While maintaining a decent affordable price for high quality products that last the test of time. You get high quality for a price everyone can afford

Reviewed May 31, 2021

This is a perfect portable grill that also works well as a medium size fixed setup grill. It stores in a small space, transports on its own wheels and setups up quickly. The grill is a heavy iron Teflon coated surface. Over the burners, the surface is full metal, so there is no chance of flare ups from grease. There is a grease tray for easy cleanup and the grill is remove and clean. If you are using it as a portable, you can use the regular small gas cartridge. There is also a kit to use full size propane cylinders. For a portable grill this has a large surface and I've cooked enough for 4 people easily. Lighting the grill is easy. The burners seem quite sturdy and have not rusted after many years of use. I suppose this is due to the way the grill keeps grease off the burners.

Reviewed May 30, 2021

I have my grill on my lanai in Florida. It is a perfect size and works extremely well. I had 6 lamb chops and 4 filets on the grill at the same time and they came out perfectly! A great buy for the money!

Reviewed March 24, 2021

I bought this generator to use when we lost power. I had a pole barn built and It doesn’t have power so I use it quite often. This generator is about 10 years old. A great product. Starts on the first. Couldn’t ask for more.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

**BUYER’S BEWARE. *Horrible customer service, *horrible return policy (15% restocking fee), *non existent exchange and or replacement options on items delivered damaged and they have a *VERY high volume of complaints filed through the BBB. I bought a 3,300 dollar bedroom set online from Coleman’s a few weeks ago. They called us the day after Thanksgiving and told us it was going to be delivered a 5pm that Sunday. Of course we were out of town for the Holiday weekend and weren’t expecting them to deliver for a couple more weeks. We made it a point to be back home by 3pm on Sunday so we were able to clean out a few item from our bedroom and make room for the new furniture.

2.5 hrs before our scheduled delivery time we got a call that they were at our house (which we were still 20 mins away from home). They waited for us to arrive home but were in a big hurry to leave and we had no time to get the rest of the items out of the bedroom so we just told them to leave the bedroom set in the garage and we would haul it in and put it together ourselves. The dressers and nightstands were already put together but the headboard, footboard, etc. were in boxes so we visually couldn’t tell if they were damaged at the time of delivery.

For some stupid reason the delivery personnel put the headboard on its side instead of upright (so the weight was on the legs of the headboard). When we open up the headboard box we were of course disappointed to find the headboard was damaged. We contacted Coleman’s to make them aware of the issue and they *said that they will not replace damage headboard, *will charge us a 15% restocking fee if we return, *and told us to find furniture repair person on our own (which is hard because we live in a very rural area and we sent photo’s to a couple and they said damage can not be repaired) and on top of that we have *5 days to return item which gives us no time to try to hunt down someone to see if they can repair.

So I just spent 3,300 dollars to receive damaged furniture that I am stuck with, that is CRAZY and a horrible disservice to paying customers. **Recommend purchasing furniture from a store that has better policies, ethical and moral values and doesn’t repeatedly screw over customers (VERY high volume of complaints through the Better Business). The positive reviews on their online website are beyond fake, any where else you look it is horrible reviews. When I left a negative review on the FB page they removed it and blocked me.

Reviewed July 21, 2020

Remarkably terrible customer service. Have no idea if their products work, since what was shipped to us wasn't a tent at all. It's been a month dealing with trying to get this done. Told several times the tent is on the way, then told they can't, then told it's on the way. OK. Lemme know if you all want to get this figured out. Leaving negative reviews everywhere I can find until this gets sorted.

Oh, and your chat support is absolute garbage. The people working that are gaming your system and not helping people. Chat support agents Myrryll Joy, Ryan Jay and Deniece Anne are some of your employees who are gaming this system. Sat waiting for a response from Deniece Anne for 30 minutes, then she disconnected, then Myrryll joined and disconnected after 3 minutes. Got Myrryl again on my 4th draw. She just disconnected me. Cool. This was supposed to be a wedding gift, so my family, and her family and the people who gave the gift will all be weighing in on this. What the heck Coleman, get it together... Ticket: **.

Update: Myrryl is the rudest customer service rep I've ever dealt with. She purposely tried to make me feel stupid, used all caps when she was frustrated, and just needs better training. Please look through our logs. She's arguing with me about a situation that is already resolved. You all should be embarrassed having someone like that represent you.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

I called to order replacement poles for what the company deemed a "legacy" tent (no longer manufactured). The rep was very helpful and helped me find the needed poles. Again, I ordered "replacement poles." In my mind, replacement poles means the poles will be an absolute match to what I originally received with my tent.

However, when they arrived, the poles were not assembled. I called and was told that that's how they come. When I explained that I was not able to assemble them, the customer service rep was basically "too bad." I stated that at no point was I told that I was receiving a 'kit.' She acknowledged that was a problem with their system and they would address it. I asked to return the poles and was told I would need to cover return shipping. When I stated that I feel the error was theirs -- a fact she acknowledged in stating they'd address the system -- she was basically "too bad." So their error is my expense. I've owned Coleman tents for over 30 years and have purchased for my children. Never again.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2019

Bought 2 of these lanterns after 2 of our old Coleman lanterns were stolen. Put them on the shelf. Didn't need to use them as no hurricanes here in southeast Florida lately. Went to start them up. No go. I have had Coleman lanterns for years with excellent results. Apparently they have defective fuel assemblies with a leak. Tried to get help from Coleman. Customer service is useless. Do not know their product. Ordered new fuel assemblies. Same thing. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REBUILD A BRAND NEW PRODUCT!!!! STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2019

I purchased a PowerChill Thermoelectric cooler from Coleman about 3 months ago and a month after purchasing the fan stopped working on the cooler. I called the 800 number and I said that they were not making those type of coolers anymore that they would give me a refund but all I can get is lies out of this company. Very dissatisfied. I would advise anyone not to purchase anything from Coleman. You have to deal with people from a foreign country and I will not help you at all. I had to give one star to get my review on here but I would not give them any stars. This is a horrible company!!!!

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2019

I ordered a new product online and they refused to process my order until I reconfirmed my information. After countless times and getting the runaround from multiple departments I gave up and canceled my product. I will never buy anything from coleman ever again.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2019

I own three Coleman camping products and all 3 are excellent, though my Big Basin sleeping bag is untried. I recently retired a Coleman Bi Space 300 tent because I wanted more head space in the sleeping compartment to take a camp bed. Otherwise apart from a couple of patches, the tent was excellent. I researched and bought a Coastline 3 from a major distributor. This was last September. I used it on only three nights since. Two in October last year and one this week. The latest nights camping in this coastline was a disaster. The zipper above both side doors leaked like a sieve and the closure was so difficult to make, I thought it would come apart. I had to abandon at 2.0 am and drive home. Coleman offered no explanations, but referred me to the retailer.

Coleman are losing the plot with these cheap and nasty Chinese imports. The quality, design, workmanship and customer services is rubbish. I was so disappointed and now face another big expenditure. What is wrong with Coleman to market such poor tents? They had a winner with the Bi Space. It was so well made. Rest assured, I would not consider another Coleman.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2019

While camping I fell and the tent door pole was broken in the process. I contacted Coleman and they asked for a bunch of info. After a week of not hearing back from them I called and they asked me for some more information. After another week of not hearing back I finally called again and they told me they no longer have that pole and would not replace the pole. So after 2 weeks of waiting and fighting the frustration, I finally went through a 3rd party to buy the pole myself. The tent was still under warranty and the pole should have been replaced free of charge. I am not happy with the service I received. I love Coleman and their products. I have a lot of different items, but the customer service I received could have been way better. If you break a tent pole, avoid the hassle of the customer service department and go to ereplacements.com and they will help you out. Sorry this is long, I am just frustrated. Hope this helps someone.

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2019

Ordered a new Coleman Triton+ stove in Coleman website. But received a used or returned one with damages in one side hinge (fall apart from body and scratches on the oven-plate which indicated used. Good brand & customer service, but Terrible warehouse product dispatch. NOT recommend to buy in their official website.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2019

I will never purchase another Coleman product, they no longer care about the customer. We spent $250 on what we thought was a great, high quality screen tent. Used it on vacation four times over two years. Second year camping with it, setting it up, one of the poles cracked, the fiberglass rod split. We were able to duct tape it to get the shelter up to use it. Second night there was a serious storm, which normally would have been fine, except that it was structurally flawed and wound up collapsing, which caused three more poles to break completely -- rendering the screen shelter useless to us.

I contacted Coleman via their 800 number, talked to someone with an Indian accent (in 2019, who else would you expect to reach?). I explained the situation politely and asked for replacement poles, but was told they do not carry poles for it anymore. The best they could do was offer me a 15% discount towards a new one. --> WE SPENT $250 and used it 4 times!!! <-- NFW!! ! I insisted this was not satisfactory. They *finally* offered to do a 40% discount on a new one!!! BUT the failure It was not our fault, the product FAILED with normal setup and use! And it was like new still. Coleman used to back its products up and the customer was more important than a measly $250 to them - they are a global corporation, right? I will never give that company another penny... Do not spend your money with Coleman, as they will not back up their products. Never again.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

In May, I purchased a sleeping bag and paid $47.66. I added $20.95 (almost 50% more) for expedited shipping because it was for a grandchild's birthday and important to me that it arrive on-time. Des it did not. I have been on the phone three times previously to have the $20.95 refunded. Each time, it took at least 20 minutes, and, each time, I was promised a refund on my credit card. Still nothing despite my last call with a supervisor.

I am currently on hold again. I requested the contact for their legal department; They refuse to provide that. At this point, it isn't even about the $20.95. It is the principal and the poor customer service. They are hoping that I will give up. If that happens with even a small percentage of their customers, imagine the windfall for them. There are plenty of other companies who sell similar merchandise; purchase from one of them instead.

Reviewed July 24, 2019

The Coleman Oak Point sleeping bag was well rated on NYT Wirecutter. I found only Big and Tall version on most websites, which wouldn’t work for my 5’1” daughter. But on Coleman website, it looked like they were selling the standard bag. So the title stated. Or rather, did not state it was the larger item. So I ordered it. Lo and behold, a Big and Tall bag arrived at my door. So I called Coleman. The representative advised me that I had to pay the return shipping to get a refund. That did not seem right, as it wasn’t my error. I also calculated it would cost me $27. On a 50.00 item, which was mistakenly sent.

Ok, so two days later, I try their online chat. Rep agrees to help me find suitable bag for my daughter. Suggests several which are cheaper, but says they will refund difference. I find one that is same price and agree to the exchange. That was five days ago. Nothing has happened. The rep sent me an email asking for my address before he could make it happen. I sent the info. Guess they don’t like where I live? I sent emails asking for status update, yesterday, and now today. Still waiting....

Reviewed July 16, 2019

Coleman Furniture has now made 2 attempts to fulfill our order for a gorgeous bed. The first time, the delivery company arrived with no parts. (2 weeks later) The second time, the delivery company said that the footboard was held back at the warehouse because it was damaged. I'm fairly sure they lost the original parts as well. I have asked for a full refund as we have yet to receive a complete order and I do not want the delivery company they use anywhere near our home again. Both experiences were awful. Coleman wants us to pay a 15% restocking fee for "return" of the item. Please note that Coleman, Renegade Furniture, TOV are all one and the same. I am disgusted to say the least.

Reviewed July 8, 2019

I purchased a Coleman 424 stove, but the generator didn't work very well. The store where I bought the stove went bankrupt, so nowhere to go for warranty and no other local store could help me sufficiently. After a short call with Coleman Benelux with good advice, they sent me a new generator to my home address. After having used my previous 424 stove for over 15 years, I'm confident that I will enjoy the coming decade(s) with summer holidays with my excellent stove. A happy customer here!

Reviewed June 19, 2019

I love my Coleman grill! What really helps is how it doesn’t flare up like so many grills. It also has four separate burners, so it’s easy to prepare steak at all different doneness levels. I use it often!

Reliability

Reviewed June 15, 2019

Bought the pool last summer and have had problems with the windows leaking from the start. After sealing them numerous times and still leaking, threw it away. Total waste of money, defective design, and the pump doesn't work well.

Price

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Bought the pool and approx 1 month later the pump went, Took the pump back to where I bought it thinking that they would just replace the pump. No that wasn't going to happen. They wanted me to return the whole pool. I live in a city where we pay for every drop of water and it runs just under 200.00 to fill the pool. Instead I just bought a better pump and ate the cost of the old one (which was only 1 month old). Well getting ready for this year our pools 2nd year, it has now sprung a leak around the windows and in this condition is useless. So very disappointed...

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Coleman contacted me after I left a one star review about a product I purchased and the terrible customer service I received. They offered to have the item picked up for return then never followed up. I have left multiple messages for the employee who reached out to me but she will not call me back. Don't believe anything they tell you. Don't buy their shoddy products. Cheap gear that won't last and a company who lies to customers.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

I have a Coleman stainless steel grill and it is older and getting time to buy a new one but for now it works great. I use it at least twice a week this time of year, and even in the winter we use it, I keep it covered on the deck and all I have to do is buy propane every 3 months or so.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

I placed an order a week ago and noticed on the order confirmation that I had been charged 10% state sales tax; however, our state sales tax is only 4%. I have now called on three different occasions with no resolution. I've been told someone will call me back, but that never happens. I sit here today waiting for yet another promised call back and I don't even know if they sent my order through because I have not seen a shipping notification. Unacceptable. I will never purchase from Coleman again.

Coleman Company Information