1.73/5

60 Coleman Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased a Coleman 424 stove, but the generator didn't work very well. The store where I bought the stove went bankrupt, so nowhere to go for warranty and no other local store could help me sufficiently. After a short call with Coleman Benelux with good advice, they sent me a new generator to my home address. After having used my previous 424 stove for over 15 years, I'm confident that I will enjoy the coming decade(s) with summer holidays with my excellent stove. A happy customer here!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I love my Coleman grill! What really helps is how it doesn’t flare up like so many grills. It also has four separate burners, so it’s easy to prepare steak at all different doneness levels. I use it often!

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have a Coleman stainless steel grill and it is older and getting time to buy a new one but for now it works great. I use it at least twice a week this time of year, and even in the winter we use it, I keep it covered on the deck and all I have to do is buy propane every 3 months or so.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Coleman came through. I had written a review pointing out that I had receive an 8 x 8 canopy replacement in a package marked 10 x 10. They no longer handle canopy replacements, and are sending me a whole new unit. Excellent.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Coleman Furniture has now made 2 attempts to fulfill our order for a gorgeous bed. The first time, the delivery company arrived with no parts. (2 weeks later) The second time, the delivery company said that the footboard was held back at the warehouse because it was damaged. I'm fairly sure they lost the original parts as well. I have asked for a full refund as we have yet to receive a complete order and I do not want the delivery company they use anywhere near our home again. Both experiences were awful. Coleman wants us to pay a 15% restocking fee for "return" of the item. Please note that Coleman, Renegade Furniture, TOV are all one and the same. I am disgusted to say the least.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coleman Company?

Original review: June 15, 2019

Bought the pool last summer and have had problems with the windows leaking from the start. After sealing them numerous times and still leaking, threw it away. Total waste of money, defective design, and the pump doesn't work well.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Bought the pool and approx 1 month later the pump went, Took the pump back to where I bought it thinking that they would just replace the pump. No that wasn't going to happen. They wanted me to return the whole pool. I live in a city where we pay for every drop of water and it runs just under 200.00 to fill the pool. Instead I just bought a better pump and ate the cost of the old one (which was only 1 month old). Well getting ready for this year our pools 2nd year, it has now sprung a leak around the windows and in this condition is useless. So very disappointed...

Original review: June 9, 2019

Coleman contacted me after I left a one star review about a product I purchased and the terrible customer service I received. They offered to have the item picked up for return then never followed up. I have left multiple messages for the employee who reached out to me but she will not call me back. Don't believe anything they tell you. Don't buy their shoddy products. Cheap gear that won't last and a company who lies to customers.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I placed an order a week ago and noticed on the order confirmation that I had been charged 10% state sales tax; however, our state sales tax is only 4%. I have now called on three different occasions with no resolution. I've been told someone will call me back, but that never happens. I sit here today waiting for yet another promised call back and I don't even know if they sent my order through because I have not seen a shipping notification. Unacceptable. I will never purchase from Coleman again.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Ordered 3 bed sets and 1 sofa sectional. Waited weeks for our furniture and when they delivered they brought the one set we canceled. Only got one bed set. Turns out they had my daughters bed set on the delivery truck and told us they’d deliver Tuesday. Come Tuesday we got a call the truck broke down. Then we lost our patience and asked why it couldn’t be delivered the next day or why they couldn’t at this point rent a truck for the day. We got nowhere and ended up hanging up in frustration. Called Today (Friday) to see what time the bedset and sectional we’re going to be delivered only to be told a new delivery date hadn’t been set up. This is the worst runaround we’ve ever gotten from any company. Still waiting and it’s been a month.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased a Sevylor inflatable kayak in 2011. It comes oil 2 parts, an inflatable floor and the main body. In 5 years the floor seams perished and when I have asked for a replacement or repair from Coleman, neither are possible leaving me with a serviceable main body of canoe with no floor that is essential for its functioning. Producing an expensive product like this there should be adequate support to keep the product going and this is not available and I have been met with a brick wall of silence after the initial reply saying that they can't help. AVOID SEVYLOR INFLATABLE CANOES.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have looked everywhere for parts for the Coleman Octagon 98 which is 50 mph wind rated and I have two bent poles. They refuse to replace stating they have no more replacements YET THEY STILL ON THEIR WEBSITE. SELL THE DAMN TENT!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought the airbed for unexpected guests. When the occasion finally came to use it the guest woke up after 3 hours flat on the floor. I checked the seal and it was closed properly, there were no obvious leaks. I refilled it and left it for a couple of hours with no one actually on it and it still lost air. l would NOT recommend this product.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I ordered a small burner and a few other products online and to be shipped to where I currently am in Idaho. After 3 days, I receive an email saying that they cannot ship. It took 3 calls to Coleman Customer Service to get through to someone competent enough to tell me my order was compromised. The final rep helped me by honoring my request to cancel my order. This was my first time oi ordering directly from Coleman and I will never be purchasing from their website again since they asked that I take a picture of my original order since they "did not have this information". As a data security specialist, this means Coleman is unable to properly handle client data including financial records. I canceled my order. I will most likely still order the product I wanted, but I will order it through Amazon where I know my order will be properly and expeditiously fulfilled.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I ordered a tent from Coleman on July 11th, 2018 and paid $30.95 extra for two day shipping. The tent was to be shipped to a KOA in North Carolina to be waiting for us when we arrived on Sunday the 15th. It was not to be found when we arrived at the campground. It finally showed up on Monday, the 16th and we refused the shipment. I waited patiently for the refund to show up on my credit card, but by the 31st of July it still had not credited. I called the company and was told the credit would appear when the tent was returned. I advised them it had been over two weeks and the tent must be there by now.

After waiting on hold for 15 minutes the "customer service representative" (ha ha) advised me that, indeed, they did find the tent in the back corner of a warehouse! Now it has been 10 days since that conversation and still no refund. I did get an email stating they would not refund shipping charges since they had shipped in the "correct time frame." Amazon, and most every other shipper defines 2 day shipping as order on Monday, receive on Wednesday. Last time I'll deal with Coleman. Their phone message on hold tells about how wonderfully Mr. Coleman built his business on trust and quality.

Updated on 08/14/2018: Refund on the way; 8/10 employee says refund will process in 3-5 days; 8/14 still processing refund-wait another 3-5 days. Our experience with Coleman has been most disappointing!

Updated on 08/21/2018: Now it's 35 days later and still no refund. Do not do business with Coleman directly. Their Shipping is in Kansas, their warehouse is in Illinois, and their accounting is in Indiana. They have no idea nor control over their business.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Coleman products have been gladly used by my family for generations. I purchased a "complete tank" replacement for my camp stove from their website [with hesitation as their site had no photo of this nor more of the products they sell]. Customer service was closed so I called shortly after they opened the following day. Upon learning that it wasn't a "complete tank" but a tank w.out the necessary parts I requested to cancel the order. "You can't," was their reply, "it's been processed." It hadn't shipped out but that didn't matter: "no returns, no refunds, ever" I was told. I pushed to speak with a manager and she told me to request FedEx to "return product to sender" once I got a tracking number. When Coleman received it, they'd offer a refund. A ridiculous waste of people's time and $. Coleman must not want to keep their customers- they've certainly lost me.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I bought a Coleman grill, hot plate and hose adaptor so that I could use the larger propane tank, rather than just the 1 pound propane bottles. Before I made my purchase online, I asked them if that was the correct hose and they said yes. I did not need to use the grill right away, so I didn't open it until more than 30 days after I bought it. That is when I discovered that the hose was wrong, it would only fit the 1 pound bottles. When I contacted Coleman, they said I needed a different hose or an adaptor.

Since more than 30 days had passed, if I wanted to return it, I would have to pay for shipping and a 20% re-stocking fee. I thought this was pretty absurd, so I wrote a review on their website. I then received an email back from them stating that they would not accept my review. They are censoring their reviews and only posting good ones, that is ridiculous. My total original purchase was $184.40 and the hose was $22.49. It is not worth paying for the shipping and also a 20% fee. I'm mad.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered a 10x10 lighted canopy from Coleman.com on a Monday, for a party I was having that Friday. I checked the website and they stated two day shipping for around $50.00. I paid it, as I live in a rural area. When the item was due, that Wednesday, I called Coleman customer service and was given the run-around for 15 minutes about when the item was actually shipped, and when it would arrive. I finally was told that it had not even shipped yet, and would arrive that Friday by 8 p.m. I explained that was too late for my needs, and was told that there was nothing that could be done. I asked for a refund of the $50.00 in shipping, since it would not arrive on time. The response was that there was nothing that could be done to refund the shipping. I asked if I could return the item once it arrived and was told that they would charge me shipping, and a percent for "reshelving."

I had been on the phone for 38 minutes at this point, and asked to speak with a manager. After holding another 8 minutes for a manager, the manager stated that she would help me with the return, but instead offered to refund the shipping. I agreed after asking her, in exasperation, why that wasn't offered to me a half-hour earlier. She promised to refund the shipping. Later that day, I got an email from that manager, stating that the item may arrive on Thursday after all, and that if it didn't she'd refund my shipping. It didn't arrive. It showed up late Friday in the middle of the party, after I had already set up an alternative arrangement.

I emailed and asked her to follow through. The response that I received was that because I would have paid regular shipping in the first place, she was only refunding $12.00. Original shipping was $13.00, so the amount due was $28.95. I emailed and asked for the $28.95 to be refunded and stopped getting responses. I called to return the item and again, was told I'd have to pay shipping and a return charge.

Original review: April 30, 2018

The cot is wonderful. The air mattress that came with the cot is a specific size for Coleman. Coleman does not offer just a replacement air mattresses. One needs to needlessly replace the cot as well. What a waste! Never buying from Coleman again!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I ordered the 10 × 10 lighted canopy, April 3, 2018. With this purchase there was a promotion going on for a free flask with a purchase of anything over $100 +. I entered the Flask promotion code as instructed, so the cost would be deducted from invoice. The cost for canopy was $150.39, $13.00 for shipping (due to weight of canopy) and $9.96 tax, which is 6.625% in NJ. Totaling $173.35, which was deducted from my bank account, and I do not dispute. But after checking my bank account, I see an extra charge in $11.52 in addition to said amount above, and am baffled as to what this extra charge is for. I call customer service to inquire about this extra charge.

I've never had an experience with a company in my entire life like I had today. I truly believe the representative had no idea what the charge was either, but tried to create a reason why I was charged this extra amount after my initial payment was taken. I was told that the extra $11.52 was sales tax that was initially figured out wrong to the price of the canopy changed to that I should have called on the phone and ordered and this would not have happened. I was on the phone for 40 minutes with the representative trying to find out why I have this extra charge. In the end I am only being refunded $9.99. I was mentally exhausted after this phone call.

You would've thought that I was requesting their first born. I don't think that I will ever do business with them again, I felt as if the customer didn't matter, like I was bothering them with my matter (even though they overcharged me) and I should just accept it. A complete runaround conversation. Just pay the extra $11.52 and leave them alone. I don't feel any customer satisfaction because they still did not refund the full overcharge, even if its only $1.53. Be careful to check your bank statements/bank accounts when ordering from Coleman, as you may find some extra charges you weren't aware of.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I bought a Coleman airbed from Target and it deflated after a few months, I then contacted Coleman and they sent me a new air bed and again, it deflated after a while... I went back to Target and they refused to refund my money and gave me another airbed and again it deflated after a while. This item is obviously defective and I called Coleman and told them and they obviously do not care.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Air Bed went flat after initial indoor use. Keep putting air in. Notified Coleman about my faulty air bed. They said they were sure it wasn't leaking, but just that I hadn't filled it right! Anyway, sent them my receipt, and then they wanted a picture of the bed with the Coleman Logo and the incident number. Did all this. Then when I contacted them 5 days later, they said they couldn't help me with any information or shipping because that department wasn't in! What? Poorest customer service I've received in a long time. Won't be buying Coleman anytime soon.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I was sent the wrong tent even after Coleman tents asked me for pictures of my tent. They tried to send me a cheap lower cost camping tent. I emailed them over 10 times with my phone number. Would never call me. They did what they wanted to do and was to cheat me out of my 350 dollar tent and sent me a 100 dollar tent that's junk. My tent was only 45 days old and was leaking every place and fan and lighting stopped working. Coleman did not care at all. Tried to send me a cheapest tent they could. I'm very disappointed and upset.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We bought this new coffee maker in January of this year. On our fourth camping trip it started to melt. We used it the same way every time so we knew it was defective. I emailed their "customer service" group three times over three weeks with no response. I included photos as requested along with photos of all of our other camping stuff from their company. After a frustrated email I finally got a reply. Judging by a date code on the bottom they determined it was out of warranty even though I am only 8 months into a year warranty. This item retails for about $40 and their cost is likely $15 to $17. For this small amount they are perfectly willing to lose a loyal customer. This is by far the most frustrating customer experience I ever had. I will never buy another Coleman product again because they will not stand behind it.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Purchased a Coleman 5hp boat motor in 2015, the engine had to be repaired 3 time during the first three months on warranty, has never run right, again its back in the repair shop. Sent issues to Coleman Customer service, and they advised they don't manufacture the engine and advised I send my complaint to reach Godfrey and Associates who manufacture this engine for Coleman. Passing the buck, they don't stand behind a product with their name on it. The Marina repairing the engine advised me that they will not even accept a Coleman engine as a trade in due to their unreliability. Sad...

Original review: July 13, 2017

Poorly Engineered Tent. Don't buy the Coleman 3-Person 7' X 7' tent. The poles break with the slightest wind and the company won't stand behind their product. The tent in question was less than 6 months old. BEWARE.

Original review: June 22, 2017

$400 Hampton 9-person tent bought through Canadian Tire. Used twice. It is rated for wind. 2nd time one of the main fiberglass poles broke part # 5010000751. Canadian Tire has a 7 day return. Coleman doesn't have any and says it isn't covered under warranty. When I lost my ** and said, "Seriously? A TENT POLE isn't covered? WTH?" He changed his tune but still said he had none in stock, mumbled about there being none available that things become obsolete etc. I said, "What was that?" He said "you never know why they aren't in stock." HA! I said "the exact model is on sale at Canadian Tire right now different color - bet it has a pole!" You don't have any because they break! I have the other pole to that set and the fiberglass pole is cracking down the center and will break too! Because it's fiberglass we disposed of the first one that broke.

He gave me a number to call to see if they had one. I said, "So it IS covered under warranty?" He said, "Well... hmmmm.... mention it to them and say it's a warranty item maybe they will just ship it out anyway." OH MY GOD what? In the end I hung up on him. FWIW the other place doesn't have any either. So I have a $400 tent I have used twice, I need it now and can't find a damn tent pole. If I buy generic poles and DIY it's going to be close to $80 for a freaking pole. Very disappointed in customer service and poor quality product of such an expensive item. Won't buy from them again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I ordered an 8 man instant tent. One of the poles didn't extend so we suffered through our vacation with a broken tent. I requested a replacement but they didn't have one. I couldn't get a refund because we bought it through Amazon. I had to write the confirmation number and take a picture of the problem and email it with the receipt and was told I could get another for no cost and they recommended throwing it away.

So I ordered another of the same tent and amazingly one of the extensions was constructed incorrectly. The inside extension arm was 180 degrees out of alignment. I tried using the extension of the first bad tent and replacing it in the second but the ends were different and wouldn't fit. I was told to take a picture of the problem and they would send me another. I was so sick of dealing with the customer service I elected to cut my losses and just throw both tents away. NO MORE COLEMAN PRODUCTS FOR ME!

Original review: April 28, 2017

We purchased, brand new, our 2017 Coleman Travel Trailer... We bought the one at the show so we had to wait for it to be "cleaned up" and ready for pick up (Sept 2016). When we went to get it, nothing was done, plus it wasn't even on the lot we were told it would be at. Once we contacted the salesperson, we were told it was shipped to NY, from PA and would have to find a way to get it to NJ--where we live. We took possession of it but found that NONE of the work was done. So, the NJ location of Camping World did the work, we took physical possession in Nov 2016. Since we live in NJ, we didn't even bother to use it but had it winterized so things would be great come Spring 2017.

So we got it ready with our personal items, powered it up, filled the tanks and took over from our home in April 2017. After driving 2 houses away from our home the electronic awning, an awning where you have to physically stand and hold the button to open, the awning opened while we were driving--no one was in the trailer. We called the insurance company and camping world to get things recorded and fixed... The insurance company came out and said this should all be covered by the warranty as there is no way this should of happened. So now we wait until Camping World looks at it, hopefully not changing service dates as they usually do and see who is going to take care of what. I do NOT want to pay a penny for anything as this is not our error, mistake, etc but the manufacturer's and should stand behind their product.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. Because guaranteed no leaks. Leak after less than 4 months. Apparently my fault because for guest use only. Paid a fortune because of the no leak statement. DO NOT BUY THIS BED!

Coleman Company Information