1.45/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings

45 Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

Always had caterpillar working boots with steel toe but this one, bought as reserve, and when ready to use, after once wearing the black rubber sole crumbled and left nasty marks on floor. The quality of sole must be SO POOR for this to happen. Does not do justice to the caterpillar name and appears to be another brand/other than made in USA. What a disgrace and reputation tarnished for this name.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I purchased 2 pairs of Caterpillar boots at Sears because they appeared to be well-made and felt comfortable. The first pair, the right foot had the sole separating and leaks badly. I started using the second pair and the left foot is leaking and water enters the boot. I am extremely disappointed at the quality of the boots in terms of service life. I feel that this is no better than some cheap import found at flea markets. I don't see the need for Sears and Caterpillar to sell such low quality goods. It certainly doesn't promote repeat business. I will be looking elsewhere and another brand for my future purchase. I have found that Chinese shoes are not long lasting and very poorly made. The payment for both pairs were made in cash. They were purchase at the Sears in located at 37th Avenue and Coral way in Coral Gables Florida.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2014

I purchased a pair a boots and only wore them 5 times and the front of the sole has broken off and that has now lead to the boots just gathering dust as they can not be worn. 3 years back I purchased the exact same pair of boots and they are still lasting. Please help me. Very disappointed! I have added photos for your comparison. On the right is the first pair I bought 3 years ago and on the left is the pair I had only worn 5 times and the sole has broken off. Please help me. #Disappointed

Original review: Nov. 23, 2014

I purchased two pairs of Caterpillar Shelk casual shoes in October 2013 and one pair, that I've worn slightly more frequently during colder weather months during that time, has lost logs from the sole of the shoes on the rear third of each shoe. Had I known when I bought these shoes that they were made by Wolverine, a company that purchased an excellent brand in Merrell and subsequently turned their products into trash over the last ten years while still charging top dollar, I wouldn't have bought the Cat shoes. This kind of poor quality rubber used on shoes is inexcusable. I've stopped by Merrell shoes as well, after recently having three pairs of Merrell Chameleon shoes have soles coming unglued and/or losing lugs on the tread after less than three weeks wear. Seems to high time that the US Federal Government investigated the shoddy products that Wolverine is putting out.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

Already had bought a Caterpillar boot, it lasted more than 5 years with heavy use in works. With more good indication, bought a boot recently and came across a very dangerous defect. She is slipping on wet roads too, even in rocks where any other footwear, any other, not would slip. It was tested on several types of flooring. Even in anti-skid ceramic was slipping too - with serious accidents and falls, even in stone floors - is slipping. Along with the boot, bought a backpack. Apparently was very tough, but the seams started to rip so I started using that in the case were very few times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar?

Original review: May 26, 2014

I have bought a pair of Caterpillar safety boots in December 2013, if I could remember correctly. The receipt is no more with me. When buying the boots, thinking its name and images related to a bulldozer give me an impression that Caterpillar boots is as good as it's bulldozer, durable and professionally made in all aspects. However, during the testing of the boots, I did not notice any discomfort, but felt a bit tight at the toes area. Thinking that the leather will stretch somehow after a few weeks of usage. It's leather looks good and durable.

Until the day I started using it. I felt the boots was pressing on my toes sideways and as this is an industrial boots, it is designed to use in all manner of posture in an industrial environment, e.g. full squat and half squat with the toe cap bending. Walking and standing. Contrary to what I expected, in whatever position and posture, the boots is killing my bone and nerve in my feet slowly. After a week of wearing and working in a mechanical (roller conveyor) revamping work area, I couldn't bear to use it again and change back to my old boots. My old boots is also well branded, it's OTTER but lower priced than Caterpillar. So after that week, my foot felt very painful when walking barefooted on the floor. Luckily, I stop wearing it after a week.

Its quality of leather is also inferior. My old boots wore for 2.5 years, didn't look as bad as caterpillar after wore for 1 week. Its leather looks like it is made of compressed fabric made from carton boxes. Its scratches look like it is made of that. So fast it looks old and torn, even it is not really torn. And it is not waterproof, so disappointed with such a price for an industrial boots that is not waterproof. Water just over the sole level and started to sip in.

Just to understand why such a big name CATERPILLAR did not make boots according to what it claims to be used for, in this case it is an industrial boots. It looks good but not good to use. Because it looks good. After a week after I bought the boots, I bought a pair of casual shoes also from Caterpillar. Thinking that I bought a good shoe as well. I always put insole in my shoe to give more cushioning when walking almost to all the shoes I bought since army till today. But with the insole, the shoe is also killing my foot slowly. I thought it maybe new and give it few more days until I couldn't bare the pain anymore and remove the insole. Without the insole, it give me a relief, too my bad impression on Caterpillar product.

However, not long after I put on this shoe today without the insole, I noticed that the shoe was design in a weird way, it is pressing again on my last toe and the feeling is like tearing the skin between the first toe and the second last toe when it squeezing my last toe. So I hope that this website, Consumer Affairs can feedback to Caterpillar for their kind of product quality. Thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2013

I bought CAT relays and as I work on building sites, hoped for a hard wearing and durable boot. No. Stitches around the toe are all gone and the sole is almost worn out. Not happy with these pricey lemons.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2012

I have purchased Caterpillar work boots for several years. The pair I have now created a severe rash on the tops of both of my feet when they get very wet. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2012

I bought new boots just about three weeks ago, and the soles on the front of the boots have already ripped away from the leather.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I bought Caterpillar shoes last week in my trip to Singapore and just after one day of wearing, my skin from the ankle is removed due to the hard leather. I really can't wear it now. Is there something possible to replace that shoes?

Original review: March 9, 2012

I purchased a pair of Caterpillar shoes a few months ago, and recently found that one of the rivets had broken off! I have a pair of Caterpillar shoes that are about 11 years old, and I still wear them today, so I don't understand why my new pair broke so soon! I would like to know if there is something I can do about it, and who should I speak to? My wife unfortunately had discarded the receipt, so is there something I can do about it? I eagerly await your response.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

Yesterday, I bought cat shoes and the stitches are found opened on the second day.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2012

Firstly, I just want to let you know that I purchased Caterpillar boots because I think that they are the best on the market and that's why I buy them. They are the only shoes that don't make my feet ache since I am on my feet all day! My complaint is that around a month after I had bought the Caterpillar men's 2nd shift 6 plain soft toe boot, the sole became unstuck all around on both boots. I was surprised and shocked to say the least, because I did not expect this at all! As I said before, I have been purchasing Caterpillar for years. Anyway, I took the boots back to where I purchased them here in Greece, and the salesman was also very surprised and upset. He was very willing to replace the shoes, but unfortunately Caterpillar suppliers have stopped supplying here in Greece, although he promised he will look into the matter and do whatever he can to help me out. Can anything be done by Caterpillar? I would really appreciate it since I have paid good money for a good product which in my case has turned out to be a waste of money, unfortunately.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2011

The sole of the right boot dropped and cracked vertically under the ball of my foot. I have a very sore foot. I absolutely will not buy CAT products again. Your products suck. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2011

I bought a pair of Cat work boots in November. About a month later, the welts on the sides of the boots started to crack. I went back to the store that I bought them from. But they did not have any more of them in, but they were going to try to check and see if they could get some. They called me a couple weeks later to tell me they could not.

I have contacted Cat boots for warranty now. (I have included the e-mails below. Please note they go from bottom to top.) And they want me to ship them back and pay for shipping. And if they agree they are defective, they will replace them with black, not brown. But I want a different style, because I don't want the same issue in a couple of months. I also offered to pay the difference between what they MSRP the ones I have and whatever I pick. Apparently, it will take them a month to replace them, so I'll have to get some boots in the meantime .

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Company Information