Caterpillar Boots and Shoes

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hi. I am Ankit **. I am to say that I am a regular and honest customer of Caterpillar apparels and shoes. In fact I love the quality and design of the company made. But this time I AM VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED WITH THE PRODUCT WHICH I HAVE PURCHASED AROUND THREE MONTHS BACK. It has not been weared more than 4-5 times. The shoe got up fade from the upper part. It has been rarely seen such kind of defect. So I am looking forward to have a positive response for your side. So kindly I request you and hope that shoes been replaced or repaired as soon as possible. Thank you.

The first pair I had were a present from my mom. I loved them! They lasted for 3 years! But then, a couple of years ago, after being a big CAT supporter I bought my third pair of boots and these only lasted for 6 months before they died on me. It's funny because these were the most expensive ones and yet they weren't as comfortable as the first two pairs I had. They hurt my feet and then I couldn't stand them anymore. They're more expensive now but not even as good as the ones I used to own. Expensive rubbish!

This is the second time I bought the same Caterpillar boots and it ripped on the side both of them less than a year.

I bought $110 work boots. I wearing this boots for less than one month. They start to fall apart where rubber attached to leather. Both, left and the right. Very disappointed. Just wasted money.

I recently bought a pair of cat boot for work and had an unpleasant experience. I never had this with other caterpillar boots that I had and I am a big fan of caterpillar shoes. I was shock to discover that for the first time after I wear the boots two time, I got a horrible smell from it of which it never happen before with any caterpillar boot. I still have my old caterpillar boots and still wearing them and it smell like leather still. My reason for this review is to make known to caterpillar that I'm very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar?

Firstly I don't even want to give ONE star at all. I work as a welder in a workshop and bought my safety boots 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately the shoe soles are getting torn critically. Well, they say built tough, but I wanna say built for 1 months. Please guys do not experience what I am dealing with. Simply do not buy them at all or recommend your mates if you do, you are gonna lose your friend forever. They are the worst Safety boots EVER!!! Well done CAT.

I have a pair of CAT shoes bought in Panama City less than 6 months ago and they present a fail that make them useless. I was a big fan and promoter of your brand and I must say that this problem really disappointed me.

I bought a pair of steel toe work boots in May. Six months later the whole side had ripped apart from the sole. For boots that cost over 100$ they should last longer. Very disappointed with the boots, never again!

Hi all. I have bought a pair of boots for R1800 retail price at cape union mart and I'm very disappointed at this pair as it's a year old but the sole cracked.

Caterpillar safety boot / EN ISO 20345: 2011/ STOCK NO: PWC94141- EGO. I bought this pair of safety boots and put them on the 1st time today 17-03-2015. I had to wear them for 12 hours and honestly, I feel it was a waste of money. My company doesn't provide us with expensive safety boots so I had to buy these out of my own pocket R1400. As the cheap safety boots hurt my feet, I have some bruises at the back of both my legs. I'm upset as they are advertised and well known for their comfort which made me not hesitate to buy a pair as my feet needs the best for me to give my best. They only start from size 6 UK, I am normally a UK 5 but I buy my safety shoes one size bigger. They felt a bit heavier than all the other safety boots but I still gave it the benefit of the doubt, keeping in mind that I am 1,4 m tall and my weight is only 48 kg. My foot is shaped like most females’ feet which is kind of embarrassing but I still decided to take this boot and honestly I am not satisfied at all. I cannot return them as I wore them. Hard earn money wasted.

Bought a new pair of Cat steel toes in November, well now still in February the soles of both developed large cracks on the bottom going clear through. The boots are literally splitting in half. Very unhappy with my hundred dollar purchase.

Hello there. I bought Cattepiller boots for 6 years and this last pair was the baddest pair ever - it didn't last me 10 months. I had it fixed at the 8 months but it's broken again - now the whole sole ripped in 2 in front. I like my Cats because they were the best, but I don't know if I must buy again. Can someone help?

Caterpillar Silverton Black 10E - The first pair was awesome, very comfortable.. wore them for several years. The second pair only lasted a few month, the sole separated. I did purchase a third pair 01-03-2015, the sole separated again at least this time within my 30-day return policy. All three pair were bought thru sears. Caterpillar needs to step up on their quality.

Cat steel toe ASTM F2413-11 - After having one pair of cats lasting me a few years besides for the stitching breaking by the toe. The rest and leather held up great. Got a other pair and after a month I get this... I am a sprayer operator, I drive stuff all day and they couldn't hold up!? Won't suggest again.

Purchased Cat work boot from Meijers, wore for 3 weeks, front of sole broke off.

Always had caterpillar working boots with steel toe but this one, bought as reserve, and when ready to use, after once wearing the black rubber sole crumbled and left nasty marks on floor. The quality of sole must be SO POOR for this to happen. Does not do justice to the caterpillar name and appears to be another brand/other than made in USA. What a disgrace and reputation tarnished for this name.

I purchased 2 pairs of Caterpillar boots at Sears because they appeared to be well-made and felt comfortable. The first pair, the right foot had the sole separating and leaks badly. I started using the second pair and the left foot is leaking and water enters the boot. I am extremely disappointed at the quality of the boots in terms of service life. I feel that this is no better than some cheap import found at flea markets. I don't see the need for Sears and Caterpillar to sell such low quality goods. It certainly doesn't promote repeat business. I will be looking elsewhere and another brand for my future purchase. I have found that Chinese shoes are not long lasting and very poorly made. The payment for both pairs were made in cash. They were purchase at the Sears in located at 37th Avenue and Coral way in Coral Gables Florida.

I purchased a pair a boots and only wore them 5 times and the front of the sole has broken off and that has now lead to the boots just gathering dust as they can not be worn. 3 years back I purchased the exact same pair of boots and they are still lasting. Please help me. Very disappointed! I have added photos for your comparison. On the right is the first pair I bought 3 years ago and on the left is the pair I had only worn 5 times and the sole has broken off. Please help me. #Disappointed

I purchased two pairs of Caterpillar Shelk casual shoes in October 2013 and one pair, that I've worn slightly more frequently during colder weather months during that time, has lost logs from the sole of the shoes on the rear third of each shoe. Had I known when I bought these shoes that they were made by Wolverine, a company that purchased an excellent brand in Merrell and subsequently turned their products into trash over the last ten years while still charging top dollar, I wouldn't have bought the Cat shoes. This kind of poor quality rubber used on shoes is inexcusable. I've stopped by Merrell shoes as well, after recently having three pairs of Merrell Chameleon shoes have soles coming unglued and/or losing lugs on the tread after less than three weeks wear. Seems to high time that the US Federal Government investigated the shoddy products that Wolverine is putting out.

Already had bought a Caterpillar boot, it lasted more than 5 years with heavy use in works. With more good indication, bought a boot recently and came across a very dangerous defect. She is slipping on wet roads too, even in rocks where any other footwear, any other, not would slip. It was tested on several types of flooring. Even in anti-skid ceramic was slipping too - with serious accidents and falls, even in stone floors - is slipping. Along with the boot, bought a backpack. Apparently was very tough, but the seams started to rip so I started using that in the case were very few times.

I have bought a pair of Caterpillar safety boots in December 2013, if I could remember correctly. The receipt is no more with me. When buying the boots, thinking its name and images related to a bulldozer give me an impression that Caterpillar boots is as good as it's bulldozer, durable and professionally made in all aspects. However, during the testing of the boots, I did not notice any discomfort, but felt a bit tight at the toes area. Thinking that the leather will stretch somehow after a few weeks of usage. It's leather looks good and durable.

Until the day I started using it. I felt the boots was pressing on my toes sideways and as this is an industrial boots, it is designed to use in all manner of posture in an industrial environment, e.g. full squat and half squat with the toe cap bending. Walking and standing. Contrary to what I expected, in whatever position and posture, the boots is killing my bone and nerve in my feet slowly. After a week of wearing and working in a mechanical (roller conveyor) revamping work area, I couldn't bear to use it again and change back to my old boots. My old boots is also well branded, it's OTTER but lower priced than Caterpillar. So after that week, my foot felt very painful when walking barefooted on the floor. Luckily, I stop wearing it after a week.

Its quality of leather is also inferior. My old boots wore for 2.5 years, didn't look as bad as caterpillar after wore for 1 week. Its leather looks like it is made of compressed fabric made from carton boxes. Its scratches look like it is made of that. So fast it looks old and torn, even it is not really torn. And it is not waterproof, so disappointed with such a price for an industrial boots that is not waterproof. Water just over the sole level and started to sip in.

Just to understand why such a big name CATERPILLAR did not make boots according to what it claims to be used for, in this case it is an industrial boots. It looks good but not good to use. Because it looks good. After a week after I bought the boots, I bought a pair of casual shoes also from Caterpillar. Thinking that I bought a good shoe as well. I always put insole in my shoe to give more cushioning when walking almost to all the shoes I bought since army till today. But with the insole, the shoe is also killing my foot slowly. I thought it maybe new and give it few more days until I couldn't bare the pain anymore and remove the insole. Without the insole, it give me a relief, too my bad impression on Caterpillar product.

However, not long after I put on this shoe today without the insole, I noticed that the shoe was design in a weird way, it is pressing again on my last toe and the feeling is like tearing the skin between the first toe and the second last toe when it squeezing my last toe. So I hope that this website, Consumer Affairs can feedback to Caterpillar for their kind of product quality. Thank you very much.

I bought CAT relays and as I work on building sites, hoped for a hard wearing and durable boot. No. Stitches around the toe are all gone and the sole is almost worn out. Not happy with these pricey lemons.

I have purchased Caterpillar work boots for several years. The pair I have now created a severe rash on the tops of both of my feet when they get very wet. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I bought new boots just about three weeks ago, and the soles on the front of the boots have already ripped away from the leather.

I bought Caterpillar shoes last week in my trip to Singapore and just after one day of wearing, my skin from the ankle is removed due to the hard leather. I really can't wear it now. Is there something possible to replace that shoes?

I purchased a pair of Caterpillar shoes a few months ago, and recently found that one of the rivets had broken off! I have a pair of Caterpillar shoes that are about 11 years old, and I still wear them today, so I don't understand why my new pair broke so soon! I would like to know if there is something I can do about it, and who should I speak to? My wife unfortunately had discarded the receipt, so is there something I can do about it? I eagerly await your response.

Yesterday, I bought cat shoes and the stitches are found opened on the second day.

Firstly, I just want to let you know that I purchased Caterpillar boots because I think that they are the best on the market and that's why I buy them. They are the only shoes that don't make my feet ache since I am on my feet all day! My complaint is that around a month after I had bought the Caterpillar men's 2nd shift 6 plain soft toe boot, the sole became unstuck all around on both boots. I was surprised and shocked to say the least, because I did not expect this at all! As I said before, I have been purchasing Caterpillar for years. Anyway, I took the boots back to where I purchased them here in Greece, and the salesman was also very surprised and upset. He was very willing to replace the shoes, but unfortunately Caterpillar suppliers have stopped supplying here in Greece, although he promised he will look into the matter and do whatever he can to help me out. Can anything be done by Caterpillar? I would really appreciate it since I have paid good money for a good product which in my case has turned out to be a waste of money, unfortunately.

The sole of the right boot dropped and cracked vertically under the ball of my foot. I have a very sore foot. I absolutely will not buy CAT products again. Your products suck. Thank you.

I bought a pair of Cat work boots in November. About a month later, the welts on the sides of the boots started to crack. I went back to the store that I bought them from. But they did not have any more of them in, but they were going to try to check and see if they could get some. They called me a couple weeks later to tell me they could not.

I have contacted Cat boots for warranty now. (I have included the e-mails below. Please note they go from bottom to top.) And they want me to ship them back and pay for shipping. And if they agree they are defective, they will replace them with black, not brown. But I want a different style, because I don't want the same issue in a couple of months. I also offered to pay the difference between what they MSRP the ones I have and whatever I pick. Apparently, it will take them a month to replace them, so I'll have to get some boots in the meantime .

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Company Profile