1.45/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings
Are you this business? Claim your page

45 Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

Cat footwear claims to have "easy and free returns and exchanges" not my experience AT ALL. I am in the automotive field so after my cheap Walmart boots ran holes through the soles within 3 months (shocking I know). With the recent increase in rain, wet socks and feet I finally decided to invest in some "quality" work boots directly from manufacturer. I ordered two pairs of boots (winter/summer) from CAT Footwear.com. As a woman it’s difficult to find good boots that are of actual quality. Unfortunately one of the pair was .5 size too large so I attempted to use the "easy exchange" online. I was not able to, when I spoke to a customer service rep in returns over the phone.

I was told I’d have to return the original pair and create a new order for the correct size "because the online exchange program was down". So I bit the bullet and ordered a new pair out of pocket (I knew if I waited on them to get my return, then ship I wouldn't get them for almost 2-3 weeks). Since then I have received the correct pair, waited another week and a half for them to "receive my return pair" and finally got an email letting me know that CAT has received my return. I call and check the status of my refund and was notified that they had already sent out a "return" pair (in the same size I ordered that was too large)! They "don’t know how" but now I have to wait for THAT pair to get to me (another week) then return it and they can refund me.

I’m still waiting on my refund. Not happy with CAT Footwear. Long story short I made my original purchase on 2/21/19 and have not been refunded yet on 3/16/19 over a month later. I've been told it may be another few business days still. So much for their "easy free returns/exchanges". Luckily I have been compensated an additional 20% off my original order due to the mess, but who knows when that will actually show up in my account. I do have to say all but one customer support rep was very friendly and apologetic, and I spoke to many over this past month. I still give them a 1 star for disorganization and shotty return/exchange program. It’s a shame, I will not be ordering from CAT Footwear again. Sorry CAT!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought a pair waterproof boots in November of 2018. A month later water gets inside from bottom soles. I contact customer service but they had a lot of questions and want me to send pictures to show what the problem is. Long story short expensive poor quality materials, made in Vietnam.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Terrible quality, not worth the money. Bought a Colorado Fur 11/23/2018, Today I found a crack on the sole... what the hell is the Caterpillar? Where the quality has gone, why this ** is worth so much. For this quality you have to pay me extra, for the fact that I purchased your ** shoes. I do not recommend anyone to buy Caterpillar shoes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Bought waterproof Cat boots, wore them less than two weeks. The waterproof membrane has turned a loose and comes out of boot when I take it off, poor quality! Have worn wolverines for years but store was out of them so I decided to give these a try. $125 wasted as far as I’m concerned.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

$120.00 for a pair of work shoes that didn't last 3 months? I wore a $29.00 pair of Kmart tennis shoes for 6 months and the soles aren't falling off like these Cats. Garbage! I had a pair years ago and they were the most comfortable work shoe ever. The latest pair has insoles that are hard as rocks. Killed my feet for the first couple of weeks. Never again will I buy this brand. I feel that they owe me a refund! Buyer Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar?

Original review: March 4, 2018

When I saw that these boot were affiliated with Caterpillar, I automatically assumed they would be designed and constructed of quality materials, craftsmanship, and design. Not the case whatsoever. One boot the left boot, has the tongue sewn in it crooked, poor quality leather, cheap China construction and insulation materials. Cheap laces and water just pours in at the base of the tongues. What a letdown. These young executives running this corp. have no idea what is the history of this Company and the rigorous use and circumstances the equipment and men that built this company were faced with on a daily basis. Instead of having some quality boot company such as Chippewa manufacture a quality product to bear the Caterpillar name, instead it is manufactured in China with the cheapest labor and materials that can be sourced.

Mine are F2413-11 which are a black steel tow half boot. I purchased online with my bank card, so I am a verified buyer. I have been around Caterpillar products starting clear back to when my father had his first Cable Blade D8, after which he purchased several newer models. I was placed on a D7 Cat he had and learnt how to run it when I was so small, you couldn't see my head because of the fuel cap being right behind the center of the seat. So from behind it looked as if no one was on board and the tractor was running itself. I had to use both arms to pull the steering levers and both feet on the steering brakes, so point being, after this many years, I was expecting Caterpillar quality.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I bought a pair of CAT boots to try after years of wearing Royer boots because they were on sale thinking I could save a few bucks and learned you get what you pay for. They lasted 9 working days before the soles fell off. Absolute junk and giving them one star is being generous. Been wearing boots in the same job for 35 years and have never seen that happen. I've had CATs in the past that lasted 3-4 months before falling apart so went to Royer instead and they last 12-18 months, best boots I've ever had. I lost the receipt when I recycled the box so the dealer won't help me out so now they are screwed to the lunch room wall so all the guys can see the quality and avoid buying them. Buyer beware when it comes the CAT boots. $185 for 9 days use is such a waste!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Yes it's a good boot, lasts far longer than the Caterpillar metallic free, Deep comfort Patriot Wheat, or the Steel Blue. For me they lasted 3 months of hard shoveling into the ground every day, Even up to 6 months if you look after them. New larger size 14US/13UK. Only negatives, it can be harsh on wide feet people, the undersole gets stones in it and dirt enters through the top. Like all boots it needs waterproofing in wet areas, unlike the Patriot Wheat leather doesn't expand when wet or tear when dry and hard. Recent Aus. versions of this shoe seem tolerant of the acid/alkaline deteriorating effects of sand/debris/moisture.

Like all boots, the midsole will deteriorate into wet paper. You'll think they made it out of cardboard. Though the Steel Blue at $170 will last as long as their TV commercials, or the Caterpillar metallic free $200 break apart after 6 weeks (what I thought was the Ferrari of work boots), the Patriot Wheat boots were good value on special at Big W for $90 but they discontinued that item. So I'm getting best value, longest lifespan with Caterpillar at $136.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Second pair of boots I got. This pair is three months old and starting to come apart. As far as waterproof NO WAY. I even put waterproofing on three times and have wet socks... NO WAY I will buy Caterpillar product again or suggest it to anyone. Going back to Red Wing boots, might cost a little bit more but will last. I don't even want to give it a one star.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

CAT boots 91/2 size made in CHINA wore 30 days and heel came apart. Junk. Caterpillar should not put their name on junk like this. These boots are new and worthless. Why would they sell worthless boots like the CAT brand?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I paid over $200 for these boots when I bought them. Liked the way they looked and were very comfortable and water proof. Here I am 3 months later and they are completely falling apart. I'll be replacing them soon, because they offer absolutely no water protection anymore. I will be going back to Red Wings. My last pair lasted me years.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I received a black pair of Caterpillar boots from a friend as she knows I love them. They lasted about 3 months before both heels disintegrated from the inside. It is as if both heels have lost something on the inside as there are big spaces inside the boots on both heels. My first pair black caterpillars lasted 17 years and the brown caterpillars I bought the same year are still going good. What is it with EVERYTHING that we buy that does not last - and it cost a fortune. Needless to say I can not wear the NEW caterpillar boots anymore!!!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Bought a pair of Caterpillar Bedlington boots. Wore them for six hours just walking only. Already the stitching has came apart. Paid almost $100.00 for them. I have had other style caterpillar boots that literally fell apart within a couple months. Have had Red Wing boots that have lasted for years building homes. A little bit more money but last.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Bought these boots two months ago. I wear them at work just walking around - no heavy use. Nevertheless the rubber material on the shoe is cracking apart and falling off. I figured since they had the Caterpillar trade name they would be durable which is why I spent the extra money on them. Instead I'm pretty sure a $20 pair of gym shoes would have lasted longer. Thanks for ripping me off Caterpillar.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Been buying your boot for 15 yrs always satisfied, till now! I can count on 2-3 yrs wear per pair. Not this time! All the stitching on the back of the right boot came undone and the boot pretty much was falling off my foot! I've told people many times, if you need boots, get CATS. But I certainly won't spend that kind of money for boots to last 6-10 months. My CATS were always comfortable. Warm, and durable, but now it may be time to change. Really wish I can stay with CATS, but I'm afraid to spend the money again. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP A LOYAL CUSTOMER IN YOUR BOOTS?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Hi. I am Ankit **. I am to say that I am a regular and honest customer of Caterpillar apparels and shoes. In fact I love the quality and design of the company made. But this time I AM VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED WITH THE PRODUCT WHICH I HAVE PURCHASED AROUND THREE MONTHS BACK. It has not been weared more than 4-5 times. The shoe got up fade from the upper part. It has been rarely seen such kind of defect. So I am looking forward to have a positive response for your side. So kindly I request you and hope that shoes been replaced or repaired as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

The first pair I had were a present from my mom. I loved them! They lasted for 3 years! But then, a couple of years ago, after being a big CAT supporter I bought my third pair of boots and these only lasted for 6 months before they died on me. It's funny because these were the most expensive ones and yet they weren't as comfortable as the first two pairs I had. They hurt my feet and then I couldn't stand them anymore. They're more expensive now but not even as good as the ones I used to own. Expensive rubbish!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

This is the second time I bought the same Caterpillar boots and it ripped on the side both of them less than a year.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I bought $110 work boots. I wearing this boots for less than one month. They start to fall apart where rubber attached to leather. Both, left and the right. Very disappointed. Just wasted money.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I recently bought a pair of cat boot for work and had an unpleasant experience. I never had this with other caterpillar boots that I had and I am a big fan of caterpillar shoes. I was shock to discover that for the first time after I wear the boots two time, I got a horrible smell from it of which it never happen before with any caterpillar boot. I still have my old caterpillar boots and still wearing them and it smell like leather still. My reason for this review is to make known to caterpillar that I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Firstly I don't even want to give ONE star at all. I work as a welder in a workshop and bought my safety boots 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately the shoe soles are getting torn critically. Well, they say built tough, but I wanna say built for 1 months. Please guys do not experience what I am dealing with. Simply do not buy them at all or recommend your mates if you do, you are gonna lose your friend forever. They are the worst Safety boots EVER!!! Well done CAT.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

I have a pair of CAT shoes bought in Panama City less than 6 months ago and they present a fail that make them useless. I was a big fan and promoter of your brand and I must say that this problem really disappointed me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I bought a pair of steel toe work boots in May. Six months later the whole side had ripped apart from the sole. For boots that cost over 100$ they should last longer. Very disappointed with the boots, never again!

Original review: April 8, 2015

Hi all. I have bought a pair of boots for R1800 retail price at cape union mart and I'm very disappointed at this pair as it's a year old but the sole cracked.

Original review: March 18, 2015

Caterpillar safety boot / EN ISO 20345: 2011/ STOCK NO: PWC94141- EGO. I bought this pair of safety boots and put them on the 1st time today 17-03-2015. I had to wear them for 12 hours and honestly, I feel it was a waste of money. My company doesn't provide us with expensive safety boots so I had to buy these out of my own pocket R1400. As the cheap safety boots hurt my feet, I have some bruises at the back of both my legs. I'm upset as they are advertised and well known for their comfort which made me not hesitate to buy a pair as my feet needs the best for me to give my best. They only start from size 6 UK, I am normally a UK 5 but I buy my safety shoes one size bigger. They felt a bit heavier than all the other safety boots but I still gave it the benefit of the doubt, keeping in mind that I am 1,4 m tall and my weight is only 48 kg. My foot is shaped like most females’ feet which is kind of embarrassing but I still decided to take this boot and honestly I am not satisfied at all. I cannot return them as I wore them. Hard earn money wasted.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Bought a new pair of Cat steel toes in November, well now still in February the soles of both developed large cracks on the bottom going clear through. The boots are literally splitting in half. Very unhappy with my hundred dollar purchase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

Hello there. I bought Cattepiller boots for 6 years and this last pair was the baddest pair ever - it didn't last me 10 months. I had it fixed at the 8 months but it's broken again - now the whole sole ripped in 2 in front. I like my Cats because they were the best, but I don't know if I must buy again. Can someone help?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

Caterpillar Silverton Black 10E - The first pair was awesome, very comfortable.. wore them for several years. The second pair only lasted a few month, the sole separated. I did purchase a third pair 01-03-2015, the sole separated again at least this time within my 30-day return policy. All three pair were bought thru sears. Caterpillar needs to step up on their quality.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

Cat steel toe ASTM F2413-11 - After having one pair of cats lasting me a few years besides for the stitching breaking by the toe. The rest and leather held up great. Got a other pair and after a month I get this... I am a sprayer operator, I drive stuff all day and they couldn't hold up!? Won't suggest again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

Purchased Cat work boot from Meijers, wore for 3 weeks, front of sole broke off.

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Company Information