1.44/5

46 Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

I worked for Cat as a shop mechanic, field mechanic, technical annalist, shop foreman, service manager, and PSSR. I love Caterpillar, so I bought a set of Cat boots 3 months ago. I still work on heavy equipment, as well as automotive, and wear my boots as a daily thing. What pieces of **! I treated them immediately when brand new with genuine beeswax to help them shed water, they have never had contact with oil, fuel, chemicals, or anything other than good old Montana mud, dirt, and dust, and they are falling apart! I paid a lot of good hard earned money for theses pieces of Chinese crap and they have not lasted as long as the cheapest crap I can buy from Walmart. Never again will I pay through the nose for what I thought would be a good long lasting dependable work boot. I wish I would have saved the receipt, but I thought I'd take a few years to wear out the soles, and buy some more. What a disappointment!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Cat footwear claims to have "easy and free returns and exchanges" not my experience AT ALL. I am in the automotive field so after my cheap Walmart boots ran holes through the soles within 3 months (shocking I know). With the recent increase in rain, wet socks and feet I finally decided to invest in some "quality" work boots directly from manufacturer. I ordered two pairs of boots (winter/summer) from CAT Footwear.com. As a woman it’s difficult to find good boots that are of actual quality. Unfortunately one of the pair was .5 size too large so I attempted to use the "easy exchange" online. I was not able to, when I spoke to a customer service rep in returns over the phone.

I was told I’d have to return the original pair and create a new order for the correct size "because the online exchange program was down". So I bit the bullet and ordered a new pair out of pocket (I knew if I waited on them to get my return, then ship I wouldn't get them for almost 2-3 weeks). Since then I have received the correct pair, waited another week and a half for them to "receive my return pair" and finally got an email letting me know that CAT has received my return. I call and check the status of my refund and was notified that they had already sent out a "return" pair (in the same size I ordered that was too large)! They "don’t know how" but now I have to wait for THAT pair to get to me (another week) then return it and they can refund me.

I’m still waiting on my refund. Not happy with CAT Footwear. Long story short I made my original purchase on 2/21/19 and have not been refunded yet on 3/16/19 over a month later. I've been told it may be another few business days still. So much for their "easy free returns/exchanges". Luckily I have been compensated an additional 20% off my original order due to the mess, but who knows when that will actually show up in my account. I do have to say all but one customer support rep was very friendly and apologetic, and I spoke to many over this past month. I still give them a 1 star for disorganization and shotty return/exchange program. It’s a shame, I will not be ordering from CAT Footwear again. Sorry CAT!

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought a pair waterproof boots in November of 2018. A month later water gets inside from bottom soles. I contact customer service but they had a lot of questions and want me to send pictures to show what the problem is. Long story short expensive poor quality materials, made in Vietnam.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Terrible quality, not worth the money. Bought a Colorado Fur 11/23/2018, Today I found a crack on the sole... what the hell is the Caterpillar? Where the quality has gone, why this ** is worth so much. For this quality you have to pay me extra, for the fact that I purchased your ** shoes. I do not recommend anyone to buy Caterpillar shoes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Bought waterproof Cat boots, wore them less than two weeks. The waterproof membrane has turned a loose and comes out of boot when I take it off, poor quality! Have worn wolverines for years but store was out of them so I decided to give these a try. $125 wasted as far as I’m concerned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

$120.00 for a pair of work shoes that didn't last 3 months? I wore a $29.00 pair of Kmart tennis shoes for 6 months and the soles aren't falling off like these Cats. Garbage! I had a pair years ago and they were the most comfortable work shoe ever. The latest pair has insoles that are hard as rocks. Killed my feet for the first couple of weeks. Never again will I buy this brand. I feel that they owe me a refund! Buyer Beware!

Original review: March 4, 2018

When I saw that these boot were affiliated with Caterpillar, I automatically assumed they would be designed and constructed of quality materials, craftsmanship, and design. Not the case whatsoever. One boot the left boot, has the tongue sewn in it crooked, poor quality leather, cheap China construction and insulation materials. Cheap laces and water just pours in at the base of the tongues. What a letdown. These young executives running this corp. have no idea what is the history of this Company and the rigorous use and circumstances the equipment and men that built this company were faced with on a daily basis. Instead of having some quality boot company such as Chippewa manufacture a quality product to bear the Caterpillar name, instead it is manufactured in China with the cheapest labor and materials that can be sourced.

Mine are F2413-11 which are a black steel tow half boot. I purchased online with my bank card, so I am a verified buyer. I have been around Caterpillar products starting clear back to when my father had his first Cable Blade D8, after which he purchased several newer models. I was placed on a D7 Cat he had and learnt how to run it when I was so small, you couldn't see my head because of the fuel cap being right behind the center of the seat. So from behind it looked as if no one was on board and the tractor was running itself. I had to use both arms to pull the steering levers and both feet on the steering brakes, so point being, after this many years, I was expecting Caterpillar quality.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I bought a pair of CAT boots to try after years of wearing Royer boots because they were on sale thinking I could save a few bucks and learned you get what you pay for. They lasted 9 working days before the soles fell off. Absolute junk and giving them one star is being generous. Been wearing boots in the same job for 35 years and have never seen that happen. I've had CATs in the past that lasted 3-4 months before falling apart so went to Royer instead and they last 12-18 months, best boots I've ever had. I lost the receipt when I recycled the box so the dealer won't help me out so now they are screwed to the lunch room wall so all the guys can see the quality and avoid buying them. Buyer beware when it comes the CAT boots. $185 for 9 days use is such a waste!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Yes it's a good boot, lasts far longer than the Caterpillar metallic free, Deep comfort Patriot Wheat, or the Steel Blue. For me they lasted 3 months of hard shoveling into the ground every day, Even up to 6 months if you look after them. New larger size 14US/13UK. Only negatives, it can be harsh on wide feet people, the undersole gets stones in it and dirt enters through the top. Like all boots it needs waterproofing in wet areas, unlike the Patriot Wheat leather doesn't expand when wet or tear when dry and hard. Recent Aus. versions of this shoe seem tolerant of the acid/alkaline deteriorating effects of sand/debris/moisture.

Like all boots, the midsole will deteriorate into wet paper. You'll think they made it out of cardboard. Though the Steel Blue at $170 will last as long as their TV commercials, or the Caterpillar metallic free $200 break apart after 6 weeks (what I thought was the Ferrari of work boots), the Patriot Wheat boots were good value on special at Big W for $90 but they discontinued that item. So I'm getting best value, longest lifespan with Caterpillar at $136.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Second pair of boots I got. This pair is three months old and starting to come apart. As far as waterproof NO WAY. I even put waterproofing on three times and have wet socks... NO WAY I will buy Caterpillar product again or suggest it to anyone. Going back to Red Wing boots, might cost a little bit more but will last. I don't even want to give it a one star.

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Company Information