2. Shopping

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes

1.9/5 (62 ratings)

About Caterpillar Boots and Shoes

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar Boots and Shoes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caterpillar?

Original review: April 10, 2021

Great fit, warm but.... after looking for a good fitting work boot that fitted my needs Cat was the only one available. Used for 12 days before the inner lining at the heel fell apart and rubbed off the skin at my heel before my 14 day rotation was up. Waterproofing was great as long as you never stood in 2” of water for more than a minute then it seeped in around the front soles. Returned with receipt and original box no problems and Marks. Looked at all the other Cat products and all had the stitching for inner lining at back of heel. Shame as they were darned comfortable. Got a pair of Carhartts instead, less money, slightly less comfortable but fit my wide feet perfectly and they are waterproof.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I bought a pair of composite toe CAT work shoes. Comfortable, but all the stitching on the composite toe fell apart in the first few months. DO NOT buy their shoes! They are not fit to handle the wear and tear of jobsite use!

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2021

After buying a pair of Cat boots 9 years ago, and finding they were good, and also finding I couldn't find a shop to buy them in, I bought a pair online.... but the boots just didn't arrive. I am still trying to see what to do to get my money back - if I don't, I will put another listing of theft (I do not know if the amount of $73 counts as grand or minor theft, but I'll have looked it up by then!).

Original review: March 11, 2020

I bought a pair of Caterpillar boots right after new year. It’s now March and the stitching done failed on them. Major rip on side. These boots were 89.00. Major disappointment and a caterpillar customer for years and noticed already quality going downhill and now going be looking for new place to buy my boots! Buyer beware cheap thread being used on these ripped in 3 months of not even hard usage ridiculous! Wish there was place on here for pictures!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

CAT Women Echo steel toe boot, color Marlin. I am extremely disappointed in the craftsmanship of these boots! I am a gardener and don't even do heavy construction. There is no reason these boots should have this much damage so quickly for any reason, especially with only soil and plant work. This is my second pair, the first having to be replaced within just a few weeks, and now these within just a few months. I had Carolina steel toe boots prior to this product and the steel toes did not wear for 6 years!

I am requesting a full refund so I may purchase from a different manufacturer. This being the rainy season, the boots are now compromised and work is that much more difficult with this poorly designed product. I first noticed the problem a couple weeks ago but have been extremely busy trying to finish a garden installation and am just now finding the time to address it. No boot at this dollar amount should last less than several years!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I bought a pair of Caterpillar “Allison” heeled boots three months ago. Brand new, from a regular shoe shop’s website. After two months they’re falling apart. The plastic inside one of the heels has snapped, making the heel sole loose. I’m lucky I spotted it before it got worse. The insoles lasted maybe a month, which is also ridiculous, but at least I can replace those. Caterpillar state that as the boots are actually old, even though I only recently bought them, then it’s normal for materials to degrade and this to happen. I disagree. My first Cats lasted me about 15 years. My second pair (which I wore more) 7 or 8 years. I wouldn’t expect a previously reputable brand like Caterpillar to produce boots of such inferior quality. I will never be buying Caterpillar products again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought these about 3 weeks ago.. One week from purchase they began to fall apart. My line of work requires something durable .. I doubt I will be able to squeeze much more than a few months out of these POS's. Don't be fooled with this Name brand item.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I worked for Cat as a shop mechanic, field mechanic, technical annalist, shop foreman, service manager, and PSSR. I love Caterpillar, so I bought a set of Cat boots 3 months ago. I still work on heavy equipment, as well as automotive, and wear my boots as a daily thing. What pieces of **! I treated them immediately when brand new with genuine beeswax to help them shed water, they have never had contact with oil, fuel, chemicals, or anything other than good old Montana mud, dirt, and dust, and they are falling apart! I paid a lot of good hard earned money for theses pieces of Chinese crap and they have not lasted as long as the cheapest crap I can buy from Walmart. Never again will I pay through the nose for what I thought would be a good long lasting dependable work boot. I wish I would have saved the receipt, but I thought I'd take a few years to wear out the soles, and buy some more. What a disappointment!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Cat footwear claims to have "easy and free returns and exchanges" not my experience AT ALL. I am in the automotive field so after my cheap Walmart boots ran holes through the soles within 3 months (shocking I know). With the recent increase in rain, wet socks and feet I finally decided to invest in some "quality" work boots directly from manufacturer. I ordered two pairs of boots (winter/summer) from CAT Footwear.com. As a woman it’s difficult to find good boots that are of actual quality. Unfortunately one of the pair was .5 size too large so I attempted to use the "easy exchange" online. I was not able to, when I spoke to a customer service rep in returns over the phone.

I was told I’d have to return the original pair and create a new order for the correct size "because the online exchange program was down". So I bit the bullet and ordered a new pair out of pocket (I knew if I waited on them to get my return, then ship I wouldn't get them for almost 2-3 weeks). Since then I have received the correct pair, waited another week and a half for them to "receive my return pair" and finally got an email letting me know that CAT has received my return. I call and check the status of my refund and was notified that they had already sent out a "return" pair (in the same size I ordered that was too large)! They "don’t know how" but now I have to wait for THAT pair to get to me (another week) then return it and they can refund me.

I’m still waiting on my refund. Not happy with CAT Footwear. Long story short I made my original purchase on 2/21/19 and have not been refunded yet on 3/16/19 over a month later. I've been told it may be another few business days still. So much for their "easy free returns/exchanges". Luckily I have been compensated an additional 20% off my original order due to the mess, but who knows when that will actually show up in my account. I do have to say all but one customer support rep was very friendly and apologetic, and I spoke to many over this past month. I still give them a 1 star for disorganization and shotty return/exchange program. It’s a shame, I will not be ordering from CAT Footwear again. Sorry CAT!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought a pair waterproof boots in November of 2018. A month later water gets inside from bottom soles. I contact customer service but they had a lot of questions and want me to send pictures to show what the problem is. Long story short expensive poor quality materials, made in Vietnam.

Caterpillar Boots and Shoes Company Information