1.31/5
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings

budgetsaversonline.com

58 Budget Savers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 1, 2014

After placing an order with another company I was contacted by Budget Savers as if they were part of the original company just verifying my order was correct. As a thank you I was told they were sending various things my way. After 14 days they sent me materials worth nothing. Much to my surprise I called to cancel, but they work on weekends. I have been charged $29.95 a month for nothing! Beware of this company. I have spent many many hours trying to stop these payments for nothing. It is a horrible scam that leads you to a website that just wants more of your info. I denied the charges on my card and asked my bank to stop payments to this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2014

After placing an order with another company I was contacted by Budget Savers as if they were part of the original company just verifying my order was correct. As a thank you I was told they were sending various things my way. Much to my surprise I could not call and cancel anything as number given needs special code and I was going to be charged $29.95 a month for nothing! Beware of this company I have spent many many hours trying to stop these payments for nothing. It is a horrible scam that leads you to a website that just wants more of your info.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

Called to request information concerning their service. After being shifted around to multiple operators, I finally ordered the product I wanted. Apparently during the call, in addition to the product, Budget Savers signed me up for a service I would never have purchased. They started to bill my credit card monthly for $29.95. When this was discovered, I immediately tried to terminate the service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2013

I was promised a $100.00 gift certificate from Wal-Mart and a gas card all for $1.00. They have taken over $100.00 out of my bank account and I am trying to stop it because I am 69 years old and live on a fixed and small income. Can anyone help me stop them?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2013

I tried to create an account and verified that my passwords matched 4 times! I still got an error message say that my passwords did not match. Balogna! I was disappointed that I could not access the $100 gas card that was promised. For sure, a scam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Savers?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2013

More than once I have been called and offered a $100.00 gas card if I would just review information on their company offering savings on food, travel, just about anything. I had to have the bank cancel my credit card twice. I never received anything from them nor the gas card. Each time I was called something different was offered and they always call early in the morning when I am asleep and they won't get off the phone until you have agreed and unfortunately given the credit card info. Then when you call to cancel they are difficult to reach but when you finally get someone it is OK, OK but the next month the charge is there again.

They call themselves Budget Savers, Shoppers, Savers, Travel Savers, ICFeecation showed up on my bank report along with FSRewards and Budget Savers all on Nov. 12, 2013. I was gullible but they need to stop preying on people and should be fined and monitored closely. Almost everyone I talk to has a foreign accent and I don't know if they even know what they are doing except their job. Please stop these people and alert others like me to avoid them. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

This company (along with a couple of other branches of this company), are complete scams. I never received ANYTHING from them, and they continue to take money out of my account (which today, I'm actually about to call the bank, to have another card issued). I had $19.95, $29.95 and $30 deducted last month. I reported them to the BBB and still, they continue to operate. Today, I was going to go grocery shopping. Tomorrow is payday, so I'm sure you have also experienced "low money days". We have 1 income coming in right now.

Before I left for the store, I checked the bank. Even though I called two separate #'s for the 2 charges, last month, and told them to delete all records of me, not only did I get charged $29.95 today, but they even CALLED MY PARENTS, who live 250 miles away, and have a different last name than I do, and have NOTHING to do with any of my accounts!!! HOW DID THEY GET MY PARENTS' PHONE NUMBER?!?!? I am BEYOND livid!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2013

I ordered a Michel Mercier brush and was offered some free trials, and was told I'd get a $100 Walmart gift card. The trials cost me $3.00 and I could cancel after 30 days. I never got anything but the money was taken out of my account. I called the company and explained my situation and was told my name was not in the system, though they took my money. Some time went by and I noticed $29.95 was being taken out of my account and I didn't know what it was for. My bank even notified me that the company had taken $29.95 out my account twice in June and July. They gave me the number and come to find out it was Budget Savers. I never ever received anything from this company. I really don't even know what it is!

Budget Savers has STOLEN almost $300.00 out of my checking account since April. I contacted the company and the issue was not resolved. I was actually sent a letter stating I wasn't going to get a refund. Though I've never gotten anything, Budget Savers continues to steal money out of my account. What makes it worse is that it's my disability money. I've come to Consumer Affairs to start taking the necessary steps to make this problem stop! I can't stress enough for other people to stay clear away and beware of this Budget Savers company. Thank You for your time.

Original review: July 20, 2013

There is NO way we would join this organization. We are retired career Airline people and have flight use and purchase agreements for free flights and 10% tickets on non-company flights. We also belong to I.D. 90 (club purchasing) and Passage Unlimited (free entree dining) which is a purchase scenario at least 10 times better than what Budget Savers could offer.

Somehow, and we believe it is an unethical mechanism their claim that I have signed up to be a member is recorded. Either fraudulently by a telemarketer or other person in the loop of making on-line purchases...I nor my wife have ever used the services of this organization yet we have been charged a monthly fee…I have challenged the charges to my credit card and they refuse to credit back those charges for NO use, ever, of an alleged membership. They need to be investigated as to how they are getting our names and card numbers. It has to be via a third person or party that they partner with...whatever it is…it is not openly and not clearly presented to the consumer at a minimum...

Original review: July 20, 2013

I joined Budget Savers and they took $1.00 out of my acct and then $29.95...I never DID receive the $100.00 gas voucher that was promised to me. Truly fake...

Original review: June 24, 2013

I have been charged $29.95 per month on my credit card since August 2012 by a company called HandySave. I called them and spent several hours on the phone. The company has many names (Budget Savers evidently being the one of choice lately). They claim they have my wife agreeing to membership. This is absolutely false. We have never received anything from the company. I have auto pay on my credit card (bad idea) and this was a card I rarely use. The only reason it was flagged is that the payment this month was going to England.

I have spent hours with my credit card company (Chase Sapphire) which seems inclined to honor the charges since Handy Save has my personal information and credit card #. Handy Save (or whatever the company really is) gave the credit card reps assurance that my wife had agreed to the membership (they claim they have a recording of the call; what company records sales calls and keeps them for nine months). I contacted the Minnesota Attorney General's office in Minnesota and Florida (where I live). They either can't or won't do anything. I don't know where to go from here. I'm 78 years old and hate to be ripped off. I don't know how people like this live with themselves.

Original review: June 20, 2013

I made a legitimate purchase that I am very satisfied with from the company, Keranique. I then received a phone call from Keranique thanking me for my purchase. As a result of my purchase, this fraudulent company made all kinds of promises to send me gas vouchers, AX gift cards, etc. all for $1.00. When I accepted, two more offers were made, both for $1.00. I accepted. The next day, the $3.00 was gone, but the information with the withdrawals had nothing to do with Keranique (that I know of, but am going to look into it). After a week, I received nothing in the mail. I had to find these companies: Budget Savers, Shoppers Advantage, and Great Fund. It took awhile, but after informing them that I would file criminal charges for fraud, they agreed to give my $3 back. I haven't seen the money yet, but I do believe they took me seriously. Why can't these companies be stopped? Everyone, please avoid these companies, and remember that if it sounds too good to be true... Peace.

Original review: June 18, 2013

This company is nothing but a pure scam. I want to warn someone before they make the same mistake I did. I recently got tickets for the gold cup game, and I was contacted by this company. I am a pilot so I had flight. I couldn't answer the phone, so they called every hour until I answered. I called back because I thought it was an important call. When I called, it's like they knew who I was and they didn't hesitate to answer. They had told me that I would get $100 gas voucher, and talked me into coupons that were valuable, so I decided to give it a try because they said it was gonna be just $1 for the first 30 days and I can call to cancel, and if I liked to continue the subscription, it was gonna be $21.99 a month. So I agreed to it, and they told me I would get an email of the confirmation.

So far, I haven't received nothing at all. They said I was going to get a packet in the mail. Sunday, I got an email from my bank saying that it detected a fraudulent (fraud) and put my card on hold. When I called the bank, they wanted to make sure it was me doing the transactions and took my card off of hold. I should have seen this as a warning sign, but I DIDN'T.

Today, I was looking at my bank statements and I saw that they took out the $1 that they said they were going to take, so I didn't care, but when I saw that they had taken out $3 for something I didn't agree to, then I realized I made a bad decision and was getting my hard-earned paycheck away to something a person on the phone says. So what I did was I called my bank, told them about it, and closed the card so they won't take money away, and if they did try to take money out of my account, they won't because the card has been canceled.

Original review: June 10, 2013

My husband purchased a Flashlight Friend online and within a day, started getting repeated phone calls from Budget Savers. I usually never, ever answer the phone when it is a solicitor but since they kept calling, I picked up. Same thing, they offered a ton of coupons for $1 and then promised a $100 gas voucher. Reluctantly, I agreed only because the rep made it sound so easy to cancel. I should have never trusted it because she must have given me the phone number to call to cancel at least 4 times. I just this morning noticed a charge on our bank statement of $29.95 and never got the gas voucher or the coupons. I called 1-800-916-1813 to cancel and the rep was so unbelievably rude.

When I called without even saying my name, she already knew who she was talking too; I get caller I.D. but still it's a little strange. Buyer beware, do not sign up with this company because it is a total scam. I am just pissed that they got away with $1; it is only a dollar but it was my dollar and I worked hard for it. They sure didn't. Now I am off to call my bank and let them know about it too. Oh and one last thing, when I agreed to the $1 charge, my bank instantly put a fraud hold on my card and I had to call my bank to have it removed, so that should have really told me something. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

Original review: May 14, 2013

My husband ordered a product from a TV commercial. Two months later, in reviewing his credit card charges, we noticed charges for $29.95 for Budget Savers, and charges for $29.95 for "360" credit monitoring, neither of which were authorized. The credit monitoring company immediately canceled the service and credited the card with their charges. Budget Savers' customer service rep, however, was rude, insisted that we had authorized the charges. He said he could cancel the service, but we will need to request a form in order to get a refund. We requested the form and received a letter stating, "We have confirmed that your purchase of Budget Savers was made... Therefore, you are not eligible for a refund." I will make one more attempt to resolve this with Budget Savers. If satisfaction is not achieved, I will file with the Attorney General's office for the state of Minnesota.

Original review: May 3, 2013

I ordered an Ab Rocket Twister a couple months ago. I was signed up for Budget Savers and gladly paid them a dollar for the sign up. That I was okay with. I was promised a $100 gas voucher when I initially signed up and there was supposedly no strings attached to this. I cancelled Budget Savers before I was to get charged again. Today, I check my account and there was to my surprise a $29.95 charge from this place. I called and was treated like crap and was extremely rude.

The lady said “well you are declining your $100 gas voucher” and then told me I never cancelled. I think I know if I cancelled this program or not. She assured me they would refund my $29.95 that was taken out in five days. We will see. The worst part is today is my daughter’s 3rd birthday and this messed with getting the things I wanted. I hope you guys are happy with spoiling what was a great day for my daughter and I. Thanks a bunch and I will be warning people of you!

Original review: March 27, 2013

In December 2012, I purchased a gift for my daughter online. A few days later, I received a call stating that I needed to verify the credit card that was used for my purchase and as a thank you I would get $100 in gas vouchers. It is now March and I have not received anything from them and have been charged $29.95 a month for the last 3 months. When I asked to have my money refunded, now they tell me I have to file a refund request because I have been billed over 2 times. They are a rip-off, con-artist and scam.

Original review: March 3, 2013

I received a phone call from a solicitor saying, "As our way of thanking you for trying Keranique, you will receive a $50 Walmart gift card in the mail. All you have to do is try out a membership with Budget Savers," and that I have fourteen days, if not satisfied, to cancel but the $50 Walmart gift card is mine to keep. They told me it would be in the package coming from Budget Savers. Right after explaining about Budget Savers and the gift card, they went on to get me to join another membership with a company called Identity Defense and that for trying this out, I would get a $25 Walmart gift card, mine to keep even if I canceled.

The company I am having an issue with is Budget Savers. They are giving me a hard time with giving me my $50 gift card. Identity Defense is a reputable company that I would say is not a scam. They sent me my $25 gift card with no hassles. I think Budget Savers should not call people up with a promise of a $50 gift card when they have no intention on sending it. The whole thing is basically a scam. The gift card was not in the Budget Savers envelope as stated. Identity Defense sent me my gift card because they knew that was what was promised to me so Budget Savers should do the right thing. If they promised a gift card, then give it up already and don't call people scamming them. I did order from Keranique but cancelled with them because the product was very harsh on my hair.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2013

They claim that I signed up for their program back in 2009, which I and my wife are unaware of. They have been billing me since then for $24.95 per month. I have not received any communication from them during this period of time. It amounts to over $1,000. There are many complaints about this company on Budget Savers Consumer Affairs. There has to be something that can be done with this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2013

I was called relentlessly and when I finally took the call, I had to listen to 30 minutes worth of nonsense. The first rep was short and to the point but then he said he had to transfer me for 'quality control' (i.e. a new company to have my credit card information) and the true hell began. The rep kept asking for me to verify my credit card after every 2 sentences including the expiration and security code. She did it so much that I started counting how many times she wanted my full information. What lack of comprehension skills does it take for me to repeat the same numbers 7 different times? Or was this so my credit card number could be passed around to different companies effectively?

I was also advised that this coupon thing would come with my original order along with a $100 Gas Gift Card and another gift card that would be mine to keep whether I stay with this program or not. I received your letter 10 days after my order arrived and there were no gift cards. The whole ordeal has been beyond frustrating and I've never felt so harassed on a phone call in my life. After 20 minutes, I had to go pick my child up and advised that I understood what I would be receiving in the mail (because who can't comprehend something repeated 5 times in a row) but I had to go. The rep kept saying just one more thing and kept talking like a hyped-up meth addict. This one more thing was an additional 10 minutes. Then I was asked for my credit card number information again.

She then started on another promotion so I finally had to hang up on her - being late picking up my child because your rep doesn't know when to shut it down is unacceptable. And after this 30-minute nightmare, I get an envelope with worthless coupons and no gift cards. I can't even order from the Shimmer site anymore for my daughter because of this program. They won't send the product until they run through all these unnecessary 'savers.' I was told I had 5 days after receiving the coupon book to cancel, but the company conveniently waited 10 days to send it. I demanded no charges on my credit card. I understood the rep was doing her job, but this is the most ridiculous and frustrating conversation I've ever had and the company should be embarrassed that this is an acceptable behavior.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2012

This company is a ripoff. When you order something from TV, do not get connected with this company. They promised me a gas card if I joined and then said I had 14-day trial on this stuff I was getting for joining this club. I had just received my packet on 2/6/12. They took the first $29.95 payment from my checking account on 12/7/12 and then another payment of the same amount out on 12/12/12. I had cancelled this membership on 12/9/12, three days after I joined since it was supposed to be during the 14-day trial period. I even called them to assure my membership had been canceled, and the lady said yes and my account would be refunded the charges. This company is fraud. I have since then had to freeze my bank account and notify the bank of what is going on. I will also be taking other legal action.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2012

I had went online to order the green tea. In return, I was promised coupons and $100.00 gas card, etc. for ordering for $1.00. I never received any of this stuff and now cannot get the company to return calls or stop taking money off my CC. Beware of this scam. 408-418-5655 ValueAccess2 is the number that shows up on caller ID. I'm now trying to clean this mess up because they are lying to consumers. Do not use!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2012

To all those asking questions, I too just received a call from them but as someone who has worked as an online fraud specialist for eBay, I know exactly what to ask and what to look for. So while they gave their spiel on the phone, I did my research. First, in my case, they got my information because of a $4.95 purchase I made last night on the website People Finders to determine who owned a phone number that was called by a girl, who is trying to steal a friend of mine's identity. She stole several belongings including a phone, which she used. Hence, my purchase. Budget Savers is actually administered or owned and operated by a company called Provell, Inc based on the terms and conditions section of their website. But if you attempt to go to a website for Provell, it is literally one page that just includes an address. That should be an immediate red flag to people.

Per their terms and conditions, anyone wishing to cancel their membership can call customer service at 1-800-475-1942. I tested the number and it was a valid phone number. But to all those concerned about signing up, my recommendation is not to. First, most legitimate membership clubs will understand since you're on a trial period, you only have a limited amount of days to use their services so if you sign up, they will allow you to print a temporary membership card until the actual card and paperwork arrives by mail. Budget Savers does not offer this, yet admitted your membership period starts the day you signed up and will make no guarantee how long it will even take to receive your membership card.

In addition, their terms and conditions are quite concerning with the fact that it states they can choose at any time to limit your membership benefits. Also concerning under their liability section, it states "Provell assumes no liability for any products or services provided by a Provell vendor or marketing partner. You agree that any claim shall be made against the vendor of such products or services and not Provell." In the section right below again, it states, "From time to time, we make portions of our customer list available to carefully screened companies and organizations whose products or services may be of interest to you." So I can guarantee that you will be getting calls, services and God knows what else from third party companies by signing up for their membership.

Please remember people, all companies are in it to make money. The portion of people who keep trial memberships is very low, so assuming they are truly giving those who sign up $100 in gas vouchers, they still need to make their money back somehow and it's obvious that they do that by selling your information to other companies who will then charge your credit card since you signed up, and in a legal sense, their terms and conditions warned you of this so they can't be held at fault. Coming from the industry I do, I recommend to those who'll find this website in the future to always ask for a company's website if they contact you and attempt to sell you a service. You should never sign up for anything without reading the terms and conditions on a website. In addition, I also recommend always reading a company's privacy policy as well.

I have seen several business names mentioned in these posts and when I talked to them, they did not state they were owned by Provell. I was told they were representing a company called "Quality Resources." But under their privacy agreement, it clearly states: The following policies are in effect for the domains, sub-domains and web pages owned and operated by Provell, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Provell"). The Provell network includes numerous membership marketing websites (the "sites"). Provell may share your information with the following entities: a) Carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes; b) Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs and fraud prevention; c) Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services.; d) Other companies within the Provell network.

Also, to all those under the assumption that they will sign up and get $100 in gas vouchers in the mail, I was too told this; however, after reviewing their site, found the vouchers are not mailed to you and must be printed off their site. According to their FAQ, it is $60 in vouchers and not $100. Since many stated they never received the paperwork at all, from what I gathered without it, you are unable to ever create an account therefore you will never receive the gas vouchers anyways. Regardless to sum everything up, there are complaints everywhere on the internet about this company. It is my recommendation that you do not accept their offer and still check your debit/credit card to make sure they don't still attempt to withdraw funds from your account. If you read this and still sign up, if you get screwed, don't say you weren't warned.

Original review: March 22, 2012

Telephone solicitation and acceptance occurred in November 2011. I was promised gas card as part of the program. I had to call back since it never came. They said they'd "resend" the "welcome package". The post card came from Membership Services asking for "verification". I filled out and then waited another month—still nothing. Then, I went to their website and initiated e-mail correspondence with a Lisa ** who didn't answer my question, but she said they would "resend the form." I responded that I had already sent the form 2 times, but would send again. She has yet to reply to my last "request for answer" and have not heard back. Today, I called and cancelled membership (5 months later) and there’s still no gas gift card. I spoke with one person and then got her supervisor, who said to send a letter to Membership Services, Consumer Affairs Department, Budget Savers, 5832 Lincoln Drive, Suite 302, Edina, MN 5536. The supervisor said that department would be able to assist me. So this is my last attempt to get the card, but I'm not optimistic.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2011

I received the information package on 10-31-2011 which reads a $24.95 fee would happen on 10-20-2011! And trying to get the "free" products, like $100 in gas, is like trying to pull teeth out of a chicken's mouth! What a scam this is! Looks like I'm going to get scammed for a month's worth of nothing!

Original review: July 12, 2011

I noticed that I was being charged a membershp fee of 24.95 for a purchase of a $1.00 product back in May of 2010. I never gave permission to continue with membership fees being withdrawn from my account. I had declined that option last year. However, according to my bank statements, they (Budget Savers) continued to remove $24.95 each month, until I realized it was for something I never agreed to, nor received any other products except for an initial fee of $1.00. I called them to explain to me what it was I purchased, when I purchased, and why I was paying a membership fee. I was sent a form for consumer Affairs from Hopkins, MN, and filled it out and mailed recently, because I was waiting on my bank to see if there was any other charges made in the past.

Original review: March 11, 2011

Budget Savers has been charging my credit card since 2009. Didn't know they were charging my account. They never contacted me and never had my permission to use my card. Now they will not reimburse me any of my money.

I have never used this budget savers and never knew I was being charged for this. Until I signed up for online banking and realized that it was charged to my account. I then called and that was when I found out that this had been going on since 2009. The floor manger would not refund any of my money. Who does this? This is bad business.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2011

I received a call for a 30 days trial period of some coupons on the evening of 2/8/11 for $1.00. Then after that, if I decided to stay with it, $29.95 per month. I received the packet on 2/22/11 and on the same day, they deducted $29.95 from my checking account! I called and spoke with a supervisor "Melissa", who said the 14 days trial had passed and they would not credit me! I tried to tell her that I just received the letter on 2/22/11. She, more or less, said "tough"! They never even deducted the $1.00 trial, went straight for my checking at $29.95! They actually stole from me!

Budget Savers Company Information