Budget Savers

budgetsaversonline.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last Christmas, I tried to do my shopping online. Evidently I created some transaction that involved Budget Savers. I did not realize that I was paying $29.95 per month for some time and then tried to stop the charges. Budget Savers (crap) would not stop the charges. I contacted my bank, they stopped the charges. I ended up paying a lot of money for NOTHING!!! I had to stop my credit card to stop the charges. A complete ripoff.

Early this year (10Mar16), I bought a book by calling a phone number I saw in an infomercial. After I finished that transaction, the operator convinced me to take a trial subscription to Budget Savers for just $1. She said the 30-day trial would begin when I got their packet in the mail, and promised I would get a $100 gas card whether or not I continued the service. The packet came: no gas card. I called to complain, and was told there was a postcard in the packet that I could send in--postal mail--to get the card. I did that. What I got was a coupon to send in--postal mail--to get the card. But the coupon required a whole lot of personal information I wasn't willing to give, so I didn't return it. (When I called about the gas card, the agent agreed to give me an extra 30 days before the first billing, to allow time to get the gas card.)

I thought I had convinced them to turn it off, but charges started showing up in May. The first charge of $29.95 showed up on 2May, 5 days less than 60 days since the original order, and just about 45 days since I received the information packet. I didn't notice it until today (30Jul16), and by then they had charged me four times.

I ordered a set of leg stocking supports, used a credit card. Everything was fine. The next day I get a call from SEM Budget Savers. They got my phone # from Dream Products. They gave me a con about a saving package that cost only $1.00, billed my credit card with free gas voucher and Walmart discount just for looking at their saving booklet... You have 14 days to check it out and cancel if you don't want it. Before you know it you get 2 packets with a face cream that you did not order from a company in Mechanicsburg, PA. Each order is valued at $151.00. I called to cancel. They gave me a return # for each package, plus I had to pay shipping $7.50. I made sure to mail it with return signature so they could not say it never got there.

I had a pending charge from a company "Budget Savers" for $29.95 that I did not initiate. I called their 800 # to report it as a error on their part. I was told they did not initiate the charge and that I had signed up with them in 2012 but had not been active since and my checking account was hit by accident. The checking account has only been open since January 2015 so it would have been impossible for them to have correct records. I was assured the pending charge would fall off but this morning it went through as a transaction. My bank reversed the fee but it will take 24 hours so all the people they do this to they make the interest for that 24 hours which in turn is a lot of money depending on how many people they did this to. It is fraud!!

Watch your accounts folks and and make sure you talk to your bank. I am gonna have to replace my card because they have set this up as a recurring fee and if I did not stay on top of it they will do this monthly. I am going to review on every social site including ripoff report to help prevent this from happening to others... Watch your accounts closely to help stop thieves from taking money out of your accounts!!! If I could rate lower than a 1 I would!!!

I ordered something else and was contacted by budget savers. They only charged my account for the $1.00, which is what I authorized. It did take a while to receive the package. However, I couldn't really use anything they sent, so I called them to cancel that day. The guy I spoke to was very nice and polite, said it was cancelled and I believe him. No other charges have posted to my account. He did say I won a cruise for two to the Bahamas. I politely declined as I have small children. For me they were helpful, polite and were easy to reach and get someone on the phone. I understood him perfectly. He had no deep accent and spoke English. I'm not sure about the other reviews but my experience was just fine. I don't believe it's a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Savers?

I called back in August 2015 to cancel my service. I was told they did not have any record. They said it would cancel today, 1/12/16. I asked for my money for 4 months and was hung up on. Tried to call the number 1-800-475-1942 and now no response, saying number is unavailable. Going to call my bank and put in fraud notice to see if they can get my money back. Please don't do business with them. They are a rip-off to the 10th power.

This company apparently likes to get a credit card number from unsuspecting individuals, and then charges $29.95 a month for their services. You might ask what their services are and I would be unable to tell you. When I called to challenge the monthly charge on my DECEASED MOTHER'S credit card, the woman on the phone, her name was Sammi or Sandi, heavily accented and difficult to understand, told me my mother had requested the service. I asked to have the charge reversed and was told she could not do it. I asked for a person who was capable of the reversal and the employee wanted to explain something, of which I had no desire to hear. When I refused to listen to her, she disconnected the line. BUDGET SAVERS IS A SCAM. They get your credit card number and bill you monthly, for whatever they claim their service is.

They took 30.00 dollar off my card and I didn't apply for their service. It was on a Sunday while I was at work. Never apply for their service and I can't get in touch with them.

They keep taking money outta my card here & there. I had a feeling not to give them my card number in the first place. So I called to opt out of Budget Savers & they said it was done. I called back & I asked to opt out again. She said ok & I asked her if she just did it & she said yes. So it seems to me they don't want to take me off of Budget Savers. They are going to continue to take my money and my card hasn't even arrived!! #SCAM!

So my mom was reviewing her bank statement and notice a charge of $29.95 for Budget Savers. Of course she has no clue as to what this charge was for. Upon contacting the BS I was advised that this was a membership charge which started as far back as November 2012. You can just imagine how shock I was when I found out my mom is paying for something she knows nothing about for years. The supervisor that I spoke with about the issue seem very uninteresting and simply asked me if I wanted to cancel the membership. Of course I did cancel and will be launching an investigation into how my mom was added as a member and knows nothing about it.

Budget Savers sent me lots of mail as if I were a member that joined their discount scam which included offers you can find in many other places. I didn't want to continue finding this in my mailbox and end up paying a fee for it. It cost me $35 to get them off my mail list, but why should I have to pay for something I never wanted or asked for?

I had no problem canceling my account and they reimbursed the money 29.95 that was debited from my account immediately. They tried to offer me a cruise to Bahamas that I turned down after a long conversation. I'm just not much on cruises and should have declined the offer upfront instead of taking up the rep's and my time it took to explain it to me. I found them to be very professional and fair.

I agreed to my membership that would start the 21 free days. The 21 days were supposed to start when I received my 'packet'. I waited a long time to get the 'packet'. Which essentially consisted of a letter. Unaware of the fact that my membership started well before my receiving of the info in the mail, I proceeded to try and use my membership. I started to see what the program was and found out I was being charged the FULL MONTH's membership fee. $29.95. It took me several phone calls and having to be IRATE to get them to credit my card. They are SCAM ARTISTS! Oh, I had to threaten them with 'going' to my state 'ATTORNEY GENERAL and to CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE'!

My name is Voncelia **. I am putting a complaint because Budget Savers got in to my checking account and took 400 dollars out of my account. They said just a 1.00 dollar. Not true. Keep getting money. Please don't trust them. They are thiefs. Stop them. Don't order from nothing from Internet.

I'm a college student that naively fell for a very aggressive sales person when I bought something for my grandmother with the promise I could cancel anytime, no questions asked. I called this 'company' and they hung up on me several times, and they kept insisting I didn't cancel the service when I sure did many months ago. Stay away.... not honest people...

They stole money from me. I did not sign up for this. I have no idea how they got my personal information and 2 other companies as well, great fun and shoppers advantage. I'm totally upset b/c they took that money. It's on hold for 3 to 5 days. I will now have to pay a late charge on another bill I owe. Be careful out there because some company with a thief employee are getting our info and selling it to companies that steal your money. I am sick with worry over this. I take almost a 100 pills a day for my health I'm sooooo sick I was in the hospital 137 days, and it was 13 admits, steroid therapy for over 6 months, and gained a 145lbs. OMG I just cant believe what happened to me.

The company called me and said I could have a 30 day free trial. They said they would send me a $50.00 visa card to try their service for 30 days. I received a few coupons through the mail. Didn't once receive ANYTHING! Called and cancelled it. Never got one thing in the mail after that. I realized I kept getting a charge on my account. It was for $29.99. Could not figure out what it was for. I started checking my bank statements and noticed this amount kept coming out month after month. I took all information to my bank and she helped me figure out Budget Savers had CONTINUED to take this amount every month.

I filled out paperwork at my bank which I would recommend as they will flag them as fraudulent charges and RED Flag the company. They LIED!!!!!! It had been cancelled. Looks like they lied to most everyone. She said she would cancel it but owed me nothing as claimed I never cancelled. SHUT THIS FRAUD DOWN!!! HOW CAN THEY KEEP STEALING FROM INNOCENT PEOPLE.THIS IS A SCAM. Run for your life. They can get your information and rip you off.

I ordered teeth whitening products and was offered to be enrolled in Budget Savers trial program. I was told I'd receive $100 in gasoline vouchers so I agreed but I never received the vouchers or anything from them explaining how to use their services. I noticed on my last bank statement that there was a charge for $29.95 this month and another last month. They charged me 2 months in a row and I received nothing in return. HOWEVER, I called them and explained the situation and they happily and promptly issued a refund for $59.90. I told the nice woman that I had never received the gas voucher so she mailed me a card to fill out. I'm supposed to send them some gas receipts totaling at least $25 every quarter and they will send me a check for $25. I will get the $100 over the course of a year. I will be sending them in soon and will see if I receive a check. Other than not getting a welcome package, they seemed nice and helpful. We'll see though...

Biggest mistake EVER!!! This company requires you to pay 1.00 at time of sign up. I received some Coupons in the mail. I called to cancel as I didn't feel that it was worth the monthly fee. One week after I cancelled I had a 30.00 deduction from my account. When I called they stated that they still had my account active. I luckily kept a confirmation number. When I told the Rep that I had a confirmation # of the cancellation. He didn't even ask for it, he immediately stated it would be cancelled and my money would be refunded. These people are scam artists. DO NOT RECOMMEND. This should be shut down!

Back in March, I agreed to try Budget Savers for 1 month for $1. I called them in April to cancel the account. According to them, I have never canceled and they have been charging my credit card for over 7 months at $29.95 a month. I have made several calls to the company and everyone keeps telling me I did not cancel when I know I did. I have spoken to several "supervisors," one of which hung up on me. All have advised they were sending me a form to complete for my refund. I have yet to receive the form.

I have requested they email or fax the form to me. However, they keep telling me It can only be mailed. I called again today only to have someone named Dave in their consumer affairs department speak to me like I was a liar and told me I would need to give him every phone number I could have possible called from to cancel back in April. Fat chance of me remembering that!!! Again, I was told I would be sent a form to formally request my refund. Waiting........ I have gone to the BBB and will continue to fight this company. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!! Consumers BEWARE.

I foolishly ordered the Garcinia Cambogia and Natural Green Cleanse. Received them fairly promptly, with no literature to remind me that I had a 14-trial. Since I am preparing for a colonoscopy anyway, I had not opened the bottles yet. I already had several red flags and was hesitant to ingest this product. My bank and credit card company both contacted me stating suspicious activity on my account. The small fee of $4.99 for shipping was deducted by a bank in Cyprus but I allowed it because I was curious about the product. Then the BudgetSavers people called me offering the savings and gas cards but wanted my credit card info over the phone. They had the last 4-digits. Red flag again. I hung up.

Yesterday was apparently the 14th day of my free trial and they slammed me for $89.99 for the two bottles of supplements. I called, actually reached a person who said that she was in Florida, and she issued me RMA#s and cancellation confirmations. I will return these products and hopefully will see a refund. Lesson to me and all..... to lose weight, eat less and exercise more. Never order anything from the stupid ads featuring any of the Kardashians and NEVER give your debit card to anyone. Geez. I feel so foolish. Hoping I get my money back.

Unauthorized charges were charged to my bank acct. I proceeded to pay a bill over the phone for my home owners ins and my card was declined, 3 times! I drove to my bank and the teller proceeded to inform me there were some pre-authorized charges pending on my acct from Hong Kong, and if I knew anything about them? I replied no. The teller gave me a printout of the charges of the date that I had not ran my debit card. I ended up having to dispute the charges which are in process as I type. I found my bank statement and was even more distraught and in grief to find that there has been even more previous charges to my acct without my authorization!

I never asked for this Budget Saver or anything to do with them. I was informed that I could cancel the membership that I didn't want from the beginning once I received my free coupons! I did so on Aug 6th of this yr and my acct has been charged for outrageous transactions causing me grief and not being able to pay my necessary expense bills on their due date which is causing me more grief and anxiety attacks! This is unfair and a rip off to people such as myself who doesn't have free money for consumers to just deduct from their acct as they please! I have been literally sick to my stomach since learning about all of this and haven't been able to keep my food down, or even function on my job or at home! I hope that I can help some other person out here to not be scammed by these people/Businesses!!!

Sunday noticed an unexpected $1 pending charge, Labor day Monday find out it's from 'Budget Savers' who I never seen before, never bought from and never got an email from that they were gonna be stealing under my nose. Not a happy camper and cancelling this pending charge that I NEVER agreed to cause I never even heard of them! They are Thieving Scammers that I have never acknowledge even existed until I looked up who was even charging me. As soon the sun gets up in the morning, I'm going to the bank, stopping this charge and THEN I will call and let my anger be known to them! And since I have to wait a day, gonna be smearing their damn name in the mud till this all goes away. Be cautious of those 'money saving' advertisements, they can't be trusted.

I know that there were only two that I had unfortunately signed up (I should have just hung up cause they woke me up) and I thought I was confirming my order with Copper Fit-which I cancelled, and just happened to sign up for two saving sites, which I cancelled BOTH (Not THREE cause I KNOW who I signed up with cause I got their emails and mail). Now it's been a close month later and here's this charge that I never agreed with cause I didn't even know about them.

The person who I spoke with told me I had 2 weeks after I got the packet info. Then charged me 29.95 11 days after the phone call and I did not even get anything in the mail to check out... The company SUCKS.

I purchased a 14 day trial over the internet from Avoir and I guess Budget Savers got my personal information from that order and called me. I agreed to try them for 1 month for $1.00. That as on 7/23. Now they have charged my bank $29.95 and I cannot get hold of anyone about returning my money or cancelling the order.

I had to cancel membership due to some personal reason. I had not received a gas rebate that was for the month of May and because I needed to cancel membership in June, they are not going to refund me that gas rebate. It is incredible that being a member they do this. What kind of company is this? This type of company should not even exist.

They without my knowledge slammed my Master Card account for $29.95 per month. This transpired three months before I found the charge on my account.

This company "SEM* Budget Savers" and "Rejuval Skin Lift" have deducted $126.95 from my bank account. I DID NOT RECEIVE SERVICES from either. I was contacted by "Budget Savers" and told them I was not interested in their SERVICES. They charged me anyway. I accepted the offer of a free jar of REJUVAL SKIN LIFT, their product and then canceled at the suggested time. THEY CHARGED ME FOR CANCELLING. They have the same customer service number (800)967-1852). I want my money back!!!!

I am on the Nat. Do Not Call Registry. They called me three times and I said no three times and they signed me up anyway. I reported this fraud to my credit card company. This business is extremely underhanded. BEWARE.

After placing an order with another company I was contacted by Budget Savers as if they were part of the original company just verifying my order was correct. As a thank you I was told they were sending various things my way. After 14 days they sent me materials worth nothing. Much to my surprise I called to cancel, but they work on weekends. I have been charged $29.95 a month for nothing! Beware of this company. I have spent many many hours trying to stop these payments for nothing. It is a horrible scam that leads you to a website that just wants more of your info. I denied the charges on my card and asked my bank to stop payments to this company.

Budget Savers Company Profile