2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

Only one cashier line. 8 self-serve line full of waiting people. In several occasions I called the manager to try to improve the situation but I feel is becoming worse. Today I was 40 minutes in line on one cashier line. On the self service lines there was one helper per line but the process is delayed because people are not cashiers. The manager explained to me this is the way the industry goes, I explained to him the membership is paid by members to receive in return a level of service that is not improving. Maybe the industry is going to membership-less stores. Thanks Pembroke Pines, FL store (near a 55+ community).

Original review: June 26, 2019

HELP! It appears to be easier to get out of Scientology cult than to terminate our BJ's membership. They automatically charged us for renewal even after we canceled our membership, Now including last fees we have a bill of $128, no purchases just renewal, late fees and interest. Has anyone successfully dumped this bunch of criminals? Please email at **. Thanks in advance.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Thru 2015 we took the membership and we canceled a year after due to poor use of the membership. Store too far from me but everything is turned crazy when we see that BJ's credit cards is charging every year for membership and late fees as well. We owe $0.00 to card but now they are sending a bill close to $400 dollars and continue charging even after we have called many times, to clear the account to $0.00 and they say they do. We also called two weeks ago to membership and report the issue but look like they're blind, or some is practicing fraud on customers and we get caught, but this is not over yet. If they want hard time they get it. I will complain even at hell to drop their customers, letting them know how they want to make easy money. Scam money, scamming customers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Today I shopped at BJ’s in Old Bridge, 5/29/2019. While shopping I decided that I would purchase Blueberry Muffins. When I was checking the expiration date which was today I noticed a fly inside the packaging, that certainly turned my stomache and of course didn’t make a purchase. I broke the seal of the package which instead of doing so I should have gotten the attention of the bakery manager or the manager if the store to witness the fly in the package. I will never purchase bakery items from BJ’s having witnessed this today.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have placed an order for **4 mg Original ** Gum on 05/21/19. The package arrived today 05/28/19. The problem was both items were expired. The first one - Lot AE958 expired on October 2018, the second -LotAG269 expired on February 2019. Shipping out an expired product was unacceptable and shows the BJ's philosophy about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: May 22, 2019

BJ's needs to correct their computer systems to allow scanned and accurately agent ringed BJ's coupons come off from customer’s bills. BJ's needs to correct their computer glitch, identify and adequately refund customers you have been cheated.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wanted to order food from my local B.J.'s delivered to my home in another town, I called and was told by the rep that it was possible to order food and have it delivered so I joined the club for the $55 fee. As soon as I was a member I tried to shop the website and found none of the food was available for deliver. I immediately tried to cancel the membership and was told it would be cancelled on Feb 22nd 2019. I called again in March and was told again 7-10 days for the refund. It is May 6th the membership has still not been cancelled and no money refunded, I called again today and was told to wait another 7-10 days for the membership to be cancelled and money refunded. The latest rep says memberships can't be cancelled the same day they are joined so I am waiting to see if I need to call yet again to get my money back.

Original review: May 5, 2019

This was my second time, that I had to go to the customer service counter to have coupons I clipped on the BJ’s website did not deduct off my bill, when I actually purchased the exact item listed. I thought this happened in the past, but didn’t have time to go stand in the customer service line. The last two times I shopped, I brought up the clipped coupon on my phone, took a picture of them as I purchased each item so I could track to be sure the coupons came off my bill. Last time, it was 14.50 of coupons that did not come off my bill, today it was 6.75. What about the times I didn’t catch it. If you advertise to clip coupons on your website and say they will deduct automatically, why is it not working.

The customer service staff have to look up each item on the receipt, be sure it matches what is in the cart, then look in a coupon book to cut out the coupon in order to give me the dollars due. Time in which I did not plan on spending at the customer service counter (girl working there was asked a question by the associate taking care of me was also very rude). My time and money is very important to me! When I asked why the coupons didn’t deduct, no one knows the answer. How many customers are using the website to clip coupons, and not getting the credit and do not realize it, looks like big bucks in BJ’s pocket. I did not clip the coupons same day either. If your website doesn’t work for clipped coupons, do not offer it, so customers are not being ripped off.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Went to do my shopping to find that 2 of the items that I purchased last week had gone up $5.00 on each item. They were NOT on sale last week. Clipped the coupons from your book and three of the items were NOT carried by the store. Typical of most stores where you buy a membership and they start raising prices shortly after grand opening. SAD. I sought out a new wholesale club because I was sick of Sam's. Well, it turns out I may have made a mistake. Guess I’ll renew my Sam's membership. Have already told my experience to my relatives and will tell my friends if they ask.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been a long-time member of BJ’s and like their warehouse stores. HOWEVER, over the years I have tried to make several purchases from BJs.com and every year and every order has been a complete disaster. 1st: None of estimated delivery dates of the items on-line are an indication of the actual delivery date. In my experience, each item took 35 to 45 days longer than stated. 2nd: The website does not state if the item is in stock or not. So the delivery date is completely misleading. In my experience, it took over two weeks for an email to come to tell me that the item is backordered. They should get a computer to help them with inventory.

3rd: The order status web pages are a mess with conflicting information. The page listing your orders correctly shows what you ordered and the date you ordered it on…. But weirdly the date shown is in day-month-year format. If you click on order status, the order date format changes to month-day-year format AND is completely wrong… and it changes two to three times a week! So it is not the order date, who knows what it is?

4th: The “Estimated Delivery” date changes 3 days after the item was supposed to be delivered to be the same day the following week…. Which they consistently miss in a forever repeating loop. 5th: Chatting online to a rep just tells you what you read on line. With my last order, 3 days after their 2nd missed delivery date, they told me that the item was shipping in a couple of days only to receive an email the following day that the item is on back-order and will not ship for another 30 days…. Which leads me to 6th: NEITHER my online order status NOR the item page has been updated to say the item is on backorder. As a matter of fact, the item page says if you order now, it will be delivered in 4 business days…. Really?!

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information