2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.71/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: March 10, 2020

When I first went to BJ's, the promotions for discounts were easy, just buy $75 groceries. Then they started selecting which groceries count. Now they are having us fill out forms on a website and upload pictures of our receipt. They have all that information at the cash register. This is just obnoxious and rude, and difficult for senior citizens. They advertise these promotions but aggravate their customers and make them give up by having them jump through so many hoops.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Although this store is not available where I live, every few months when I go back to the east coast, I always shop there. They have a deli with the best brand meats and cheeses at bargain prices and the store has many other brand name bargains at well below retail cost... they regularly send out their own coupons and they accept retail coupons. You can't beat that! I wish Costco and Sam's operated like that!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

BJ's is a big box store but small enough to navigate easily. They have monthly coupons on many items and also have gas at the most reasonable price in the area. They have specials with coupons so you not only get $1.00 to $5.00 off an item, but it also qualifies you to purchase gas that day for extra off per gallon. I also like many of the brands they carry, as well as a variety of organic products. They offer self checkout so you don’t have to wait in line and many times, the service person will come and check out your items. Great customer service from all there. Very satisfied with the store since it opened.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a pair of glasses from BJ'S in August 2018. I liked the glasses and was very happy. I switch glasses because I have a few pairs (purchased elsewhere). When I went to put the BJ's glasses on a week ago, the coating was coming off the lenses. I can no longer use the glasses. I went back to BJ's hoping for some satisfaction. This is a manufacturer's error, not mine. I have several pairs of glasses with Transitional lenses and this happened to one other pair. I went back to that Optical store and they told me it was a manufacturer's problem and they replaced my lenses for no charge, even though I had the glasses for two years. However, BJ's now says they no longer deal with the company that made my lenses and nothing came be done after a year and a half. I am very disappointed in the business practices and will no longer use them for my optical needs. I will also let my membership end. So Beware!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I put coupons on my phone and half go through. I got Cheerios, ribs, peanuts, 2 types of Kleenex. About $15 in coupons did not go through. I did not realize till I got home and they were still in the clipped. I even checked when in the store. They have no one to help. I thought they went through but when I got home about half were still in the clipped area of my phone. It is very had to decode in the store when at the register. I thought they were all there but they weren't. They also sent me coupons and I tried to use those and half did not go through. I looked at the items bought and the coupons still sit in the clipped section of my phone. The App does not work. At least when I loaded when in CA at Safeway they had the same type of program. No troubles there. On my phone also. Here at BJs they suck when it comes to coupons.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Recently ordered television at BJ's Online site; guaranteed 3 business day delivery. Didn't arrive after one week, called customer service, said it must have been over site. They will expedite the order. Another week, no TV. Called back, was assured it would be taken care of and shipped out. Another week passes, NO TV, called again; on hold for 40 minutes. Asked for supervisor who once again assured me she would handle it and call me back within 24 hours..no call ever arrived! Sent email detailing above to BJ's customer service department; received no reply. Finally wrote letter to VP Customer Service and guess what? STILL NO REPLY! Are you kidding me?

THEY JUST DON'T CARE WHATSOEVER!!!! Finally went to local BJ's store and brought all my correspondence along. Spoke with store manager who refunded my original purchase price and offered me a great deal on a tv that was in the store that I could carry home. That was the only bright spot. I hope (1) this message reaches someone at BJ's who cares and (2) this is a RED FLAG to all others considering buying from BJ's online site!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I go to BJs because Costco is far from my house. Every time I go I say I will never come back. The lines are super long and slow. At self check out, I always have an issue with the machine and have to call for help. At Customer service counter I had to wait in line for 20 min, we were only 2 persons in the line... Only one person helping the customers... This is @ Bjs - Miami - Kendall Drive & 167 Ave. I go once a month, and I hate it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

BJ is a perfect example... of how not to run a business or how to run a business in the ground!!! In Jacksonville FL, we had 3 BJ clubs now, there's only one!!! The food court was permanently (I had to return, nearly everything I got from there )!!! Their baker(???) makes "Little Debbie" taste like a Master Chef!!! I often, let my membership expire cuz, I rarely used it and hated the lines "Due to very workers"!!! About mid-Nov, choose to try again with the holidays coming up!

1) Only 1 person at the desk (again!!!) I paid more, "Not to do, auto renew"!!! Got my receipt and they did the auto renew anyways!!! Now, there are 8 people behind me and I'm told to come back to remove it. :(
    2) I do some shopping and go to check out... There is only 1 cashier in the entire store (Friday afternoon) & most of the self checkout don't work!!!
    3) I return (again Friday, 2pm) and notice a retirement bus, dropping off about 30-35 seniors (many in scooters & walkers) a few days before Thanksgiving!!! I went to check out and "Not one cashiers, was working"!!! The management said "She didn't come in today"??? They only planned to have 1 person working, the weekend before Thanksgiving (bright guy)!!!
    4) I went to desk (still only 1 worker) and cancel my membership (of 1 week)!!!

5) The final… I contacted the corp. office and explained all that I've seen and had to deal with. I was told "Someone" would get back with me.... Like others, I heard nothing.

Soon, BJ's would be like the VCR's and black & white tv! "Gone and forgot."

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I went to BJ's on Sunday, Dec. 15, to purchase Heartland chicken on sale for $4 off with clipless coupon. The coupon was expiring on same day. They were out-of-stock on this item and would not provide a raincheck for me to use when stock was replenished. Maybe this is not a major problem, but it was irritating since I purposely made the trip before the coupon expired. My Shop-Rite supermarket gives rainchecks.... Why doesn't BJ's... Not good customer service in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased an item for in-store pickup on 12/8/19. On 12/10/19, I contacted customer service because I have not heard anything regarding the item. Later on that day, they cancel my order due to item not available. The coupons that I used to purchase the item are now considered "used" and no longer available if I want to repurchase at a different store. I emailed customer service again but no word from them. I guess I should stick with Target. At Target, if you order pickup but item is not available, you can either select a different store or they will ship for free. Much more convenient and nicer customer service at Target.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information