2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

8570 Blue Diamond Rd. Las Vegas NV. This guy at this location name Mike supposed to be the manager. Messed up my entire order. He sent my order to California. I had to call corporate office over 10 times, I talked to a couple which was really nice but not that helpful. Which I had to order the same furniture from a different location. Pay more like $300 more. Which the other furniture was cancel which they kept partial of the money. Going through hell trying to get my money back. Claim # **.

Now I was sent back to Mike that assure me if I didn't steal the furniture he will refund me my money. So he made a call to make sure the furniture was there. While I wait looking at him make phone call. Now this is full-blown racist. I'm not done. This need to stop and let's start with Big Lots. I give them (0). Why shop here if they are allowing people like this to work for them. I told each rep, I spoken with I just had a brain aneurysm. Which I been on the phone days and hours trying to fix this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I bought a oversize chair from Big Lots on July 21, 2020. My chair started coming apart in the month of October. The springs in the seating area broke, the arm on the chair broke and the recliner stop working. I tried to return this item but was unable to work with customer service. They did not want to honor their merchandise. I decided to burn it and found stuffing inside of it that appears to be odd. It burned quickly and very flammable. I would not recommend their furniture product to anyone.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I bought a sectional that I felt in love with. Cash not credit. I been calling for month because it missing four legs. They been saying that they will deliver it soon. I am still waiting. Every time I call they been saying they going to call me back that the manager is not available. Never again am I buying from Big Lots furniture.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I wanted to buy a mattress. The tag on it said “in stock.” I couldn’t find a salesperson to help. I went to the front and asked. A woman busy cursing loudly while putting together a piece of furniture was sent over. “What do you want?” She asked me in the surliest tone imaginable. I showed her. She went off to look for it. Came back and said, “it’s not in stock.” “Oh, your tag says it is,” I replied. “You can’t trust what you see on the internet,” she said. “No, your tag says it right here. In stock.” I pointed. “Well, in stock doesn’t mean we have it in stock,” she said. “It just means that sometimes we have it in stock, and we’ll probably have it in stock again at some point.” “Well, I only have a truck today,” I said. “Never mind. And thanks for your friendly attitude.” “You’re the one who was rude to me,” she said, and stalked off. Not an atypical experience at the Bradford Big Lots.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I bought sofa and chaise year back and with sofa, chaise and arm chair I bought Big Lots protection plan. In year chaise and sofa, I met accident where I fall on chaise while installing rear speaker that resulted in tearing of chaise. Now I have called them 3 times and spent more than hour but I did not get any refund as protection plan says it is there for any accident that might happened with your furniture. I was regular customer since last 10 years. I will never going back to biglots for any purchases. Protection plan is good for nothing.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I searched my area for an out of stock item and finally found a floor model at a store a half hour away. The sales associate told me she could not sell me the floor model until the next Friday when she would find out if more were coming in. I told her that other stores were selling theirs, and she checked, discovered the item was discontinued, and said she’d sell it. I just needed to come in and pay for it and they’d box it up for me.

My car was in the shop. She wouldn’t take my payment over the phone or hold the item for a few days even though she had originally planned to hold it until the next Friday. She refused to give me her name or the name of the district manager. She gave me the wrong number for customer service. When I found the right customer service number, I was told again that policy prevented them from holding an item for me. A supervisor never returned my call. Enter my boyfriend. He called the same Big Lots and told them he wanted to purchase the item. They told him they’d box it up and he could pick it up anytime. Just like that, not a single hassle. They boxed it up. When he had time, he went and got it. I will not be shopping at a store that practices such blatant discrimination again.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I am, BIG Lots credit card holder. Just a helpful note. I had the most frustrating experience recently at my local big lots (East Haven, Ct. Frontage rd) when trying to buy a new $1,200 mattress set. After two hours of waiting for the employees to locate all the parts I was told that my 1000 credit card and a 200 debit cannot be combined to qualify for 12 month finance option per my email and advertisement. I was told by the store employee to come back after pandemic because they do not know what to do. All this during pandemic. Please do better. I slept on the floor that night and went to Mattress Firm the next day.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I usually go to the Big Lots in Waldorf and the employees are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would refer to everyone. They have what you need and prices are reasonable. They keep the store stocked most of the time. The only thing that I don't like is the that the facility is small and crowded.

Original review: April 19, 2020

We came into the Big Lots on Sprague in Spokane WA to purchase a living room set. We stood there for 20 minutes before we were even acknowledged by the gentleman helping another customer right there. We were the only ones standing there. Roughly 10 minutes goes by and another gentleman came out showed us a couch that was returned with some minor damage and then brought us back to the floor to do some inventory searching around the area to see what we can find that’s new. As were walking out to the living room sets he says he’ll be right back with us. We stand there for about 10 more minutes and he comes out and walks right by us and proceeds to help another customer start an furniture search and order completely skipping over us after they had only walked up to the furniture section within minutes of him coming back. We walked out and will be doing business elsewhere. What a waste of time.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Please be aware. If you are under special promotional financing your expiration date is not your due date as it is for other credit cards. I was charged almost $200 in interest after I paid off my promotional balance (the only thing I had ever charged to the card) on my due date because my promotional date expired 2 weeks before payment due date. Pay special attention to fine print.

Big Lots Company Information