1.39/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Big Lots

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Big Lots Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2019

I was surprised at the fashionable items available at the sturdy. Most of the furniture, especially the couches and beds, looked and felt sturdy. They also had nice office furniture and accessories like pillows and mattress toppers.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I chose Big Lots to get my couch set because they had it in stock and it was inexpensive. And I was very happy with the variety of styles, color and material that was offered. The sales associates were very helpful in finding the product we wanted.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Had to track down a "unicorn" for granddaughter's Christmas. Big Lots on Sherman Way in N.H. CA provided me with the nicest employee I have ever come across. Nicole - she called 4 stores and found it for me. Her demeanor & attitude was 5 stars. When I retrieved it in Northridge (CA) I again ran into another great employee - (a young man). Then the asst mgr helped me find a bag for it. Keep up the good work HR!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I went to the Big Lots on Broadway in Knoxville TN on Good Friday for a particular wreath I was looking for and the rack was empty so I went and found an employee named Melody and she went in the stockroom and found a box of the wreaths I wanted. She was very patient and very helpful to satisfy my need. I recommend she should be given a raise because she went beyond her duties on a busy shopping day.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We had attempted to purchase 2 beds, neither of which were to satisfaction. The first was to be a full size but the computer would continually order a queen size. A manager finally had to figure out that it only came in a queen size. The second bed, when it finally arrived only included the box springs and mattress. When we ordered it, we spelled out this frame, headboard, this mattress, etc. We assumed it was correct. Big disappointment!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I had a rewards card from this nightmare company. They sent me a email for $5 off $15, online or in store. Therefore I shopped online & picked up my items the following day. Upon checkout the cashier said they could not take the $5 off because it was done online. Why send me a email saying IN STORE or ONLINE? I called corporate & said there was a "glitch" in the system & would give me a $20 store credit. So the next day I went to the store in Cleona, Pa & told the cashier before I started shopping I had a $20 credit & he said as long as I know the code it will work. I spent a hour shopping there & after everything was totaled he said their code does not work. Ok now I am really upset. 2 times there & the store or corporate does not know how to apply their promo codes. Thanks for wasting many hours of my time.

Also almost 1/2 the items in this store have no prices on them. I asked to talk w/ the manager, a idiot named Jo. I asked for his last name & he would not give it to me & threw me out of the store for asking for his name. STAY AWAY from this nightmare store. Go to Dollar Tree or Walmart. Nothing but frustration & headaches locally & at corporate. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Bought sofa and love seat and recliner. Purchased warranty and was told in store items were completely covered. Not a word was said about normal wear and tear. Recliner seams came apart. Also sofa seams came apart. Complete waste of warranty $$$$. Furniture is for daily use not just to look pretty. Store was told about 7 grandkids in and out. They said no problem. Covered.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We bought Big Lots standard brown sofa and love seat 3 years ago and we never use it. However, the fake leather look disintegrated and is flaking off after only 3 years of just looking at it in a spare living room. Do not buy!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The woman who attended me said: the box is damage but the item is in good condition. But arriving at home I noticed that this item is unserviceable. The metal is twisted, the screws were everywhere in the box.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We went to Big Lots to purchase HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS in hurricane supplies for a retirement community. We asked if they could provide any sort of senior citizen discount being that we were paying cash for nearly $1000 worth of supplies. The manager said he wouldn’t even ask unless we spent $10k and stated seniors aren’t on their list of “charities.” Ok... I can take no for an answer. But then he FOLLOWED US TO THE PARKING LOT AND ASKED TO SEE OUR RECEIPT as if he thought we were stealing something. All I can say is WOW. What an **.

Big Lots Company Information