1.39/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Big Lots

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Big Lots Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I'm almost up with my 90 days, I purchased 900.00, I owe 140. What I don't agree with is that all the money I have already paid is of no use, cause they still charge interest on the full amount and not on the balance owed. Is this legal? It says balance paid off by May 27th but I get paid on the 30th. Is there a grace period?

Original review: May 19, 2019

When I purchased this mattress I saved my money because I wanted to buy a good mattress. So I did my research and went to different places and checked the prices and checked the firmness of them. I wanted a Serta sleeper. I decided on Big Lots. I purchased the mattress and box spring for about $850.00. I got the mattress home and couldn't wait to get to bed that night. All night I kept climbing out of this hole. I took the bed apart thinking that maybe the frame might have not been put together correctly.

Again I'm climbing out of this hole. I called Big Lots and I was told that it takes time to get use to a new bed. Well it's a year and a half later and I have had a platform built under the bed and still I'm climbing up out of this hole. I'm convinced that this is a refurbished mattress. Normally you have to break in a mattress but this mattress was already broken in and that should be against the law. Now I have to purchase another mattress because now I have back problems.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was a regular consumer who works buy the healthy cereals in the cereal aisle and other stuff. Gradually, the store in Reisterstown, MD stopped carrying food healthy cereals for junk high sugar crap. I asked the manager when they will get the cereal in that I like. He told me he had no idea and then I demanded the phone number for corporate to file a complaint about the products they no longer carry. The only thing worth my money there is bread and a few other things, but soon I will stop shopping there, as I spend 500 a month there. Store - Reisterstown MD. Cashier who was an illegal had no idea what she was doing.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Great selection of recliners, overstuffed, extra wide, choices of fabric and prices were reasonable. Items are displayed together and staff is very helpful with questions about options for paying and deliveries.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I ordered a wall decor online and found it weird I never received an email confirmation. That was 2 weeks ago. I called customer service to inquire and told them I never received an email confirmation as ALL merchants send out. He said without order number he can't check. Then he asks for my email, so I give it to him and there's no record of me, yet my credit card was charged 2 weeks ago. Big scam I'm thinking online. Not send confirmation email then say they can't help you because you don't have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased Simmons furniture from Big Lots and the furniture is peeling. After contacting Simmons and providing all the requested information. They will not repair/replace the furniture. Simmons was attempting to convince me that they don't use point of sale technology or logistics to track their furniture.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I called Big Lots inquiring about buying a large amount of furniture. They gave all the payment options over the phone. I went into the store, the gentleman explained it very simply to me. Weekly payments have been withdraw on time every Friday morning. I went to log on to see how I could get a receipt for my payments since I was coming up on my last week. Just to log on and see the huge balance that was triple what my actual purchase was. Turns out he didn’t explain it correct. My payment of $1,900... has turned into a total of $6,000. Word to the wise don’t electronically sign for something not seen. I was told I would receive an email of the agreement after I signed.

Never would have amounted to the price needed to pay off. Which in turn set me up for 12 months of payments. I called customer service to tell them how confused I was. I’ve already paid every week on time. I’ve given them $1,800 already. Only thing to “fix” the miscommunication was an early buy out payment of $2,000. Which is more than I already paid in total for my furniture. Saying I feel blindsided is an understatement. I was left confused, frustrated and broke. I wouldn’t recommend this at all.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Do not purchase furniture from this retailer. In my opinion Big Lots should get out of the furniture business because they are only stealing from hard-working people. If not they should stand by their product or make the quality better. My stepfather purchased a sofa and recliner set from there. It only lasted a couple of years and when he called to ask that they replace it because surely this was not the norm, they refused. Both pieces started to shed at the same time might I add. He nor his guest can sit on the furniture without it coming off on the clothes. It got so embarrassing that he put a sheet on it. I would love to know if Big Lots check these reviews or not. They can't possibly believe it's ok to take hard working people's money and give them junk. This is an outrage. We knew the furniture was pleather but it should last longer than a couple of years.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We are still awaiting the cleaning kit for furniture that was purchased as part of our warranty. We were told it would be 3 days, 7 days, and now told it is on back order. Each time we have spoken to customer service they have mislead and rude. This doesn't even include the worthless warranty we have. I will never use these people again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I would never ever buy any furniture from here again. It was my very first brand new couch. I'm low income and saved forever to just get junk. I bought a sectional sofa and it flakes like crazy. Hardly any leather left. Well if you call it that. If you lie on it you have ** all over your clothes. It's the worst ever. I called them do to it being only a year old and they said, "Sorry. Nothing we can do." Go figure. I wish I could sue them. I feel I was robbed and it will take me another 5 years to save for a new couch if this one even makes it that long. Horrible.

Big Lots Company Information