3.6/5 (1789 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

CAUTION: Under no circumstances attempt to purchase Apple products on Bestbuy.com and DO NOT use Best Buy gift cards to complete the transaction. Your Gift Cards will be debited and order will not go thru. As per Best Buy Gift Card Rep, this is a "known issue" (mind it, customers are not aware), this is ongoing for longest time and apparently Best Buy has done nothing to fix it. I tried to purchase Apple iPad Air 2. My GCs were debited and order never went thru. Called the Toll free # and was advised to wait for 24 hours and the GCs will be credited. 24+ hours later my GCs have 0 value and I can't buy the iPad.

Spoke to several reps and got different responses, stating "wait for 24 hours. If that doesn't work out, we will take care of you." 2nd Rep, "it never takes 24 hours," "we can reissue the GCs but that will take 7-9 business days". Imagine your bank wipes your account and tells you you have to wait 7-9 days for them to correct their mistake. Now reverse the position. You owe them $300 and you are late by 7 days. They will slam you with late fee and finance charges to the tune of 20-30% of actual amount. 3rd Rep wanted to know how I got the Gift Card and what is the proof of purchase? Gift Cards are often given as gift and the recipient in almost all cases won't have the BBY order # and that's their way of slamming the door on you so you can go away and forget about that money.

To my amazement, 3rd rep could read the comments from previous 2 reps and could see under my member ID that I tried to make the purchase with those GCs. I gave her my order # to that she was quick to respond to reach out to the vendor and find out what is the BBY#. How is it fair that they have a flaw in check out process, they are totally aware of this for longest time and don't have fix or solution to quickly refund the card? Best Buy eCommerce team should insert the logic: If Product Make + Apple Hide or grey out GC option and/or add a Warning advising Best Buy Online customer of the flaw, so they don't proceed in the first place. I know I would have stopped in my tracks and would have made an in-store purchase instead.

Bottom Line: If you have BBY Gift Cards make your LAST in-store purchase and never ever give BBY GCs to your loved ones. BestBuy GCs make a perfect gift for someone you dislike and want them to go thru agony and frustration. There ought to be a law to protect consumers from such flawed, fraudulent process. 2 days and counting and I am still waiting for my refund for the order that never materialized.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

Bought a laptop, paid cash on October 11, 2014 and the screen went black 3 days later. Best Buy doesn't back what they sell! All they want is your money and then they don't care. Awful company. This purchase was my first experience with best buy and it will be the last.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

We purchased a LG fridge three years ago. Been having problems with the door chime keep coming on. Was told to clean the seal. Next wax the seals. Same thing they made an appointment to have some one here on Wednesday 11-5-2014. Shop called, said ok, between 11:00am and 1:00pm got a call on Monday from the repair people saying they can't make it till next Monday. Checked the company out on the web, very bad yelp reports. They also have major problems with their state license and numerous consumer complaints. They were canceled by Best Buy because I told BB I don't want them. Still waiting for BB to get back to me with another appoint we a better repair company.

It has been 4 days and no call. Called a few times, was told they are working on it. Their geek customer service is none. And to think this past September we spent another $1700 on a new range and microwave from them with their extended warranty. Trying to cancel those warranties but was told they have to see what they can do. Will not buy anything more from Best Buy. Am sorry we bought from them for we also had problems when purchasing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I went to return a collectors edition of the PlayStation 3 video game "Destiny" in the same condition I had bought it in at the Northridge, CA. store #1180 and was treated like a crook! Even though I am a My Best Buy Elite Plus member, which apparently means nothing to the store manager! The game comes in a big cardboard paper box with a lid that is only secured by a paper sleeve with a clear round sticker on the bottom. I had pre-ordered an extra copy for a friend at another Best Buy location (Sherman Oak's, CA.) as to they were only available via pre-order. When I picked up the extra copy at the Sherman Oaks, CA. Best Buy, the corner of the box's lid was torn and there was ONLY ONE clear seal sticker on the bottom attached to the sleeve cover. I asked the associate about this but, they said that a lot of them came this way and since it's is the last one they have, there is nothing they can do about it. I asked if they could discount it but they said the manager had already told other customers there would be no discount!

The CSR (**) I dealt with was very adamant about it. I asked ** to write her name down so I had her as a witness's to the state the box is in when I call corporate to let them know but, she became belligerent and said she would NOT write her name on anything and that I would have to write it down myself! At that point I asked to speak to a Manager and the Geek Squad manager came over. His name was (**) and he was more professional but he said that there's nothing he can do. He gave me a store Business card and wrote his name at the bottom. So, I wrote down ** name also for reference. Then when I was ready to pay she kept giving me attitude and asked if I wanted someone else to help me and I said "Actually I would since you're not being very helpful".

So, she said to the CSR to her right to finish helping me and snarled off giving me a dirty look to go do some other things. The other CSR (**) was more friendly and finished ringing up my $150+tax purchase. So, after all this my friend later decides he rather have the PS4 version. So, I end up going to the closer Best Buy to me in Northridge to do the return. Well this is where the nightmare occurs!

When I put the game on the customer service counter to be returned, the CSR (**) decides to slide the sleeve off and opens up the game! I am thinking why is she opening this collectors edition of the game? Now they can't resell it! So, she opens the lid then decides to hand off my return to another CSR. He looks through everything and I tell him it's never been open. He looks over at her and asked her "was it open" and she nods and says "yes" then she hides in the back of customer service. So, he tells me that they can't return an open game. I told him it was sealed when I brought it in and she opened it! So, he says he has to call a manager now. So, after waiting for a while he says Manager ** is coming. At this point the store had been closed for like 15 mins. Finally Best Buy Northridge, CA store #1180 Operations Manager ** shows up. He takes one look at the open box with the slight tear in the lids corner and says with an attitude, "I'm not taking this back"! I told him that's the way it was sold to me! He says, "we can't take back this game in that condition plus it's opened!" I told him that it was sealed when I brought it in and his representative had opened it.

He looked at the seal and said, "it is suppose to have two seals, one on each side!" I told him that's the way they sold it to me at the Sherman Oaks store. Then he said, "do you have the receipt?" I said yes then he said, "take it back there!" I said, "how am I supposed to return it to another store now that your store open it?" He then goes on to say "I don't believe it was not open!" basically accusing me of lying about it being unopened and trying to return an open game. He says "it should have two seals and this one looks Scussy!" I said, "Look at your security recording, you can see that your employee opened it." At that point he says I am not going to take it back and I'm done talking about it. He drops his card on the counter and says "call 1(800) Best Buy if you have a problem! I have a store to close" and starts to walk away back towards the front door. I said this is fraud! Then he starts to mock me in a Childish schoolyard voice "Oh, it's Fraud! Haha!" Then I said I will never shop at this store again! And he said, "Oh good! Please do me a favor and don't ever shop at My store again!"

Then he goes on to say, "You always hassles us anyway!" I was so appalled I just packed up my stuff and left insulted and upset as ** and his coworkers mocked me standing by the front door as I left with my now opened game! I had dealt with Operations Manager ** months ago when a game I had preordered never came in and his only option was to cancel my preorder and lose my Preorder Bonus! How on earth does he have the gall to accuse me of hassling him when all he has done is Hassle me! I guess if you ask for a Manager when there is a problem at his store you are a "Hassling Customer"?

Needless to say I will be contacting Best Buy corporate about this incident and I suggest anybody else who shops at the Northridge, CA. Best Buy avoid Manager ** as he is very unprofessional!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I wanted to pay off my new laptop quickly so I've been paying ahead. During a short period that I couldn't pay exactly on time because of waiting for financial aid (university student), I acquired a $25 late fee. Shortly afterwards I sent $400 to pay the late fee and (thinking) I would pay a large chunk of the laptop balance. But instead, rather it’s the bank or BB, or both, they would not take the $25 late fee out of the $400 making me pay an additional $25. Yet on the billing statement outline of where my $400 went it clearly shows that they (whether the bank BB deals with or BB itself) took $25 out of the $400 for the late payment. Nevertheless, I paid the $25 late fee over the phone which my newest billing statement shows. So, with the $500 that I have paid into the balance plus the $25 late fee, out of a $1000 initial balance, I'm still stuck with $525.

I just sent a $35 check today for the monthly payment. I have all my payment receipts and statements. I'm watching BB. In addition, BB has failed to put the monthly minimum amount on my first three pay statements. With each payment period I was expecting a 'minimum payment' on the payment statement. Only this month (November) has BB put the minimum payment on the statement after I had a lengthy conversation with them about both of these matters. In all, I believe that I am/was being penalized just for the fact that I wanted to pay my laptop off quickly when all that BB and/or their bank wants me to only pay by the month. Simply for the fact that they can't take $25 out of $400 or even take that $400 for each month and make me continue to pay each month, like I had never even paid the $400. If paying in advance isn't the real option, don't tell your customers that they can and everything will be fine.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I was looking to buy a tv from Best Buy that was open box. After numerous calls and being told by workers at Best Buy when asking to speak with a manager I was told they are closing in 30 minutes and to call back the next day! A few days later my fiance and I went into the store and was told the tv was not for sale, that they never had one, that online was wrong. So we ended up buying one brand new. We did not have a truck so we had it delivered. They delivered it a few days later. We unboxed it, set it up and went out of town for a couple days. When we got back we were finally able to use it only to find the screen had white pixels on the bottom left. I immediately called and told them which was on a Thursday. I was told they could not bring one till next Wednesday, which I agreed to. I was also asked to please rebox the 70" tv.

Later that night we found out the upgraded model was only $100 more so we decided to ask to change it to the upgraded model. We were told we would have to pay another $2000 if we wanted the tv since we would not get the refund until they picked it up between 7am and 7pm on Wednesday. We asked if they would still honor the price the next week since the sale ended that Sunday, which of course they said no. On that Monday we called and cancelled our order. We just wanted to return the tv and get our credit back on our credit card. They assured us that it was cancelled and they would still be picking it up. Wednesday was our day off. We waited there all day until 7pm and no one showed up! I immediately called the BB location we bought the tv and spoke with a manager who was very nice and apologized up and down and assured he would figure out what happened and was upset that he lost our business because Best Buy online would not "play ball" on the price. He said he would call back.

He returned with a phone call 15 minutes later saying he apologized again and said "I know this is a dumb question. But, do you even have a tv of ours because we don't show we have even delivered it...." Seriously!?!? Again, he said he would get to the bottom of it and have someone come pick it up... He said he would call the next day... I waited for his call... No call. I called Best Buy, he already left. I called the next 5 days and he was either off that day or already left. Every time leaving a message with no return call. I finally spoke with another manager who had someone out the next day to pick it up... It's been 4 days since then and my card still shows the charges... Let's see if they actually return it. Best Buy... Seriously we got a credit card with you just for this tv. And now we want to destroy this card to never have to think about getting anything with you again.... So disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

Future Shop warranty aka Geeksquad are crooks. I have a cell phone warranty that they will not honor. That is not the worst part. My phone contract is up and I no longer have the phone yet I'm still required from them to pay $15 a month for the next year. I have requested to stop this payment immediately but to no prevail. So please don't buy this warranty. If I can get this out to as many people as possible my $180 for the next year will be worth it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

Best buy #369 sold me a $50 gift card to pre-order a 64gb iPhone 6 plus from at&t. When my receipt printed out I noticed that the pre-order was for an iPhone 6, not the plus. The sales associate Alex got his manager Maria who said she can't refund a gift card even though they admitted it was their fault and the best she can do is call me as soon as a 6 plus comes in. I wait 2 weeks and no call so I go in and see that she doesn't even have my phone number. I give her my number and go on my way.

A month later (today) I go in and don't see Maria but ask if they have 6 plus anyway. The sales associate tells me yes they have the exact model I wanted. I was furious I asked why Maria or someone else didn't call me and they informed me that Maria no longer works at store number 369 and she has been promoted. Now I am stuck with a $50 best buy gift card that is worthless to me and the Maria who lies to customers gets a promotion when she has absolutely zero customer service expertise.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

I order a Mac Book from Cowboom, also know as an extension of Best Buy. They are a reseller of refurbished goods. I ordered my product on the second of October 2014, it came seven days later. Except I never received the package. It was left on my porch, in front of a main street at 10:06 am eastern. No knock, no ticket saying they would come back, nothing. I contact Cowboom and I contact UPS. They both blame each other. Cowboom took 28 days to issue a response. They gave me the first day I replied to them that the item was delivered and that it should be there. Well it's not there due to the irresponsibility of one UPS agent. Reported them to Paypal, Paypal told me to contact the authorities and they could offer no other help. I closed my Paypal account, and blacked listed both UPS and Best Buy. They will never receive my money again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

Best buy store located in 3209 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76543, phone number: (254) 680-4040 is my most shopping place and many times I enter the store to ask one of the salespeople for help and I find they have no knowledge of what they sale which leads me to go to the internet to study my question and some time I start purchase my items through Amazon and other web pages, which I do not like for the fact I prefer to have service within my reach even if I pay more.

For the last 6 years I start to find that the service department in Best buy become more unknowledgeable in what they fix, or they tell us to send the item to the manufacture which defeat the purpose of having service department to what we buy from best buy, which let me to start purchase more and more through the internet if I feel they have not much knowledge of the item. Also many items we were informed wrongly and made us return the items to best buy, don't forget it's more lose to best buy. Today was different I could not believe my ear to what happened and this is what happened:

I walked to purchase a Canon professional camera. I asked for help in the camera section and they told me someone will be with me shortly. It took 10 minute while I am reading and educating myself in cameras before a lady passed by holding paper and said, "I will be with you once I finish the customer in my hand." "Ok," I responded. Another 10 minute passed by before a gentleman from the phone department I think came and said, "Can I help you?" "Yes I need to ask few question regarding canon cameras, and be sure all what I need before paying this high dollar in a camera." "Sure," he responded. I said, "I need to understand the different between EF lenses and IS lenses, and well EF lenses fits to IS cameras (and I pointed to the one I am interested in worth a $999.99 camera which is not cheap!!)." He looks and said, "Not sure as the one is in this department (referring to camera Department) off today, but I am sure it does not." I said, "look here but this one has an EF lens and hooked to an IS camera, anyhow what IS camera stand for." He said, "I do not know but it will fit." I said, "Sir you just said it will not fit! It will fit or not?" Out of blue he got mad and start to walk away as he is saying, "You pissing me off, I will get you someone." "Excuse me please come back," I said. And he walked away mad.

I went to the manager and the manager all what did is sorry and came to help me, as the manager trying to wrap the situation, answering my question I asked in the middle: "So which cannon best in connectivity?" "No Cannon from these has connectivity," Manager responded. So I pointed to two piece and said, "What about this read the specification," As the manager read, "Oh I did not know that," manager responded. So even the manager had no knowledge much, of course by then no apology, nor any action was taken or given to me, so I said, "Well, I will go do my homework, but I need an apology."

If best buy reached this level of customer service I am sure people across the nation will be happy to read such reviews and stories about this bad service and no apology, or not good training to their people. I send an email to customer service at best buy headquarters which they apologized and said that: "I have also forwarded your email to the store leadership for further assistance. They will get in contact with you via email or phone shortly." This was more than 5 days ago on October 25th, and so far no phone nor apology from the individual was made.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

I made a purchase online and prior to hitting submit, it told me the deliver date. After I pressed submit the delivery date changed, so right away I called up to cancel as this was the reason I was placing order. I was told by lady that she had canceled the order. The next day I notice a charge and call them up. I am told it was shipped, so now I have to wait for item, get a return label, ship it back and wait god knows how long for my account to be credited. All because of them screwing up and I am the one having to deal with it. Poor customer service and not an incentive to buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM " Best Buy". I am a business owner and have never encountered a business that operated with such disregard to the customer as "Best Buy". I ordered a Kitchen package that cost above $2,500 with a confirmed delivery date of 10/28/14 (the delivery date confirmation was the reason why I went with "best buy"). After 'best buy" charged my credit card they sent me an e-mail stating they cannot deliver on the 28th and to call to reschedule. Wife called "best buy" stated they did not have 50% of our order in stock. We asked when will it be delivered and they told us they had no idea and to call the warehouse the next day.

Next day I called customer service and was put on hold 3 times and after 23 min was hung up on. Called corporate office expressing my displeasure/dismay regarding "best buy’s" customer service. (was assured someone will get back to me that day). Three days later (see above). Two days after, I came to my senses and began to look for appliances some place other than "best buy and canceled my order with "worst buy". Found a better deal and great customer service at US appliance. My card is still charged over $1,500.00. Hopefully they don’t go bankrupt before I get my money back.

This company is pathetic and from the reviews, I don't see how upper management can sleep at night. The lack of customer service is evident from the call center right up to the corporate office who don't seem to care either. As a business person I have never encountered a worse regard for the customer. BEST BUY WAS MY WORST BUY.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

Worst customer service, been a long time consumer of Best Buy, had a small issue with their iPhone insurance plan and they did not correct. It amazes me how a company would not make a 100$ correction, or even try to compensate for a customer that spends thousands at their stores. Don't buy from them, take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I sent my son to best buy to purchase a $229.99 laptop using my husband's credit card. I had talked with them previously three times earlier at best buy concerning this laptop. I was going to use my credit card and prepay it but they said it would take 15 minutes to 4 hours to determine if it was fraud or not. So I asked my son to purchase it with my husband's card which we use for the business. We have a sole proprietorship and use that particular card for business expenses. The man checking him out was rude and tried to confiscate the card saying it was fraud. My son called me and I explained the situation, who I was, what I was trying to accomplish. I had my son ask for a manager. They called but a manager wouldn't come up. My son was late for work and needed to speak to a manager. My son showed his driver's license which has the same last name.

I will never shop back at best buy again. Every time I try to buy something there they give me a hassle. I am speaking of the best buy in boardman, OH off of boardman-canfield road (Rt 224).

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

My biggest mistake, I ordered something through future shop online. Another mistake, keep calling future shop regularly like a loser since last 4 days even after getting same answer that somebody will contact me in 24 hours. God knows when those 24 hours gonna come? I got a call from my credit card Co. next day after I placed my order saying that somebody approached from future shop as my address is not matching with billing details.

MY ACTION, I immediately updated it and it is there as well on my credit card co.'s system. YOUR ACTION, False promises since last FOUR days saying that somebody will contact me from your side. Is this some kind of joke? I paid to get things online, why? Because I live in a small town, the nearest future shop is 150 kms away. I work almost 7 days a week. That reflects how much less time I do have for leisure and on top of that, I have been occupied with follow-up on my order.

I paid, my credit card co. is ready to process the order, then what is holding you? I am sure again I will get another 24-hour story and what choice do I have? You know, how much important this thing is to me? Let me explain. I need this thing on urgent basis since few of my project got stuck as my system broke down. I am working on my friend's system. I don’t know why I am being punished for the mistake I did not commit at first place.

I don’t know whether I am going to hear from you with any solid update or again the same 24-hour never-ending story. I won't say "please help me", I will just say "please do me a favour," since that’s what it seems like since last 4 days. I have to beg for my order for which I am paying you money. FINALLY I MANAGED TO GET CUSTOMER SUPPORT EMAIL ID, FROM WHERE I GOT A RESPONSE THAT SOME ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN NEXT 10 DAYS. WTF?? ARE YOU INSANE? I KEPT MENTIONING IN MY CALL HOW IMPORTANT THIS PRODUCT IS TO ME AND WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS HAPPENING? 10 DAYS? ARE YOU GUYS IN CANADA OR TIMBUKTU? COMPLETELY UPSET, DISSATISFIED, SICK WITH FUTURESHOP.CA. Wow, unbelievable. Yours sincerely, Unsatisfied Customer.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

Recently pre-ordered a phone through best buy. I was given a time of delivery on 10/23/2014. The representative informed me that I would receive an email as to when my phone would be available for pick up. Needless to say I didn't receive an email. I called best buy on the 25th as I was number 3 on the pre-order list. The customer service rep stated they didn't know when the phone would be available and stated I just needed to wait until I received my phone. I hate to be treated unfairly and never again will I shop at best buy.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

Not posted anywhere is that if you make a purchase with a best buy gift card, YOU DO NOT GET ANY MEMBER POINTS. The trick is if you buy let's say a video game for the Xbox. But when you take it back unopened bought online, to get it exchanged for the PlayStation version, here is where the game starts. The store puts the refund on a Best Buy gift card. Guess what? They take the points away, they already gave you for the original purchase and because they put your refund on a gift card. Like I said at the start, they don't give any points or any bonus rewards for the purchase with the gift card they just gave you.

Keep in mind I am an elite plus member and I paid 100 a year to get those gamers point Rewards/discounts. See with the gamers unlocked you're supposed to get 10$ on most game and hardware preorders, plus close to another $5 for the 20% game or hardware discount then you add the 20% for being an elite plus member. But it appears in my opinion that Best Buy does whatever they can to not pay out all those points because they're losing money. Then when you complain too much, they assign you to a supposed exec support tech whose job is to argue and beat you down. No one else will talk to you. This is just the tip of the iceberg; I am handicapped, I can't get in the store with it, let alone maneuver around and no consideration at all for handicap. The list goes on and on.

Honestly you're better off going to Amazon, Newegg, GameStop, get the prime with Amazon and even tax and the lower price you get the same deal less hassle or better yet Micro Center blows Best Buy away. I won't buy a pencil from Best Buy again. I am a 35 year computer IT and some of the things I heard from the computer sales and Geek squad to some of the novice and beginners is just sickening. Let's put it this way. If you buy the manufacturer warranty you're much better off. You can get the manufacturer's warranty on just about everything sold at Best just by calling the manufacturer. It's cheaper in most cases and much better. With Microsoft hardware, I always get a minimum 3 day turnaround, Dell is next day in home 3 yrs for the same price as Best Buy. Don't let them talk you into anything. It was a sorry day when we lost COMP USA AND ENDED UP WITH BEST BUY IN MY OPINION.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

Had the worst experience at this store today, my son bought a cell phone 5 days ago and noticed today that the camera lens looked broken, we bought the protection plan so I called customer service and they said to take it in, we did. As soon as we got there I noticed two people sitting. A female sitting eating on the floor, later found out her name is Sherry, she refused to look at the receipt, repeated over and over that the phone was dropped and we needed to pay $150 deductible even though customer service said that I was and still am less than 14 day return policy. This woman would not listen to anything I had to say, continued to eat saying “I am the manager, your son dropped the phone”, she must of repeated that several times (even though my 21 year old son did not drop the phone, it’s been in a case since the day he bought it) so I said fine, asked her name and walked out.

I returned to get the phone number and name of the district manager and by then Sherry was another heavier set man and she told me rudely after I asked for the district manager’s name and number and she said to me in a rude tone “I was going to give you the phone number to LG but you can get it yourself.” My response to Sherry was “first of all I do not appreciate lack of professionalism and I will never shop at this location again” and she said “good, get out”. I became upset and by then the REAL manager Jonathan ** spoke up and said “get out of my store and don't come back”. I called customer service, made the report and told them I would be going to the closest Best Buy in Burbank. As soon as I got to the front door, the greeter saw the phone and responded "Oh yeah we got a call you were coming." I thought perhaps customer service called but was I dead wrong.

I went straight to the mobile department and asked to speak with the manager they called, a man named Frank. He was very nice at first and even said he was shocked at the attitude I received at Chicago Ridge Mall. He said he personally knew Jonathan ** the manager and worked with him and trained him at the Tinley Park location, he said he is a good friend. Frank then said “don’t worry I’ll take care of you” and walked me over to the Geek Squad location. He took a while so I peeked to see if he was in the back and noticed him on the phone. After a few minutes his demeanor changed, he told me that my son dropped the phone, although he didn’t and he would not honor an exchange or returns then walked away.

I called customer service, spoke with Kimberly (Very nice & polite representative of Best Buy). She docketed everything I said and wanted to speak with Frank, after having to wait for him for more than 5 minutes he came back and said he didn’t want to speak to anyone and was not going to allow the return/exchange. I placed Kimberly on speaker phone and he snapped at her literally screaming at her saying “I WILL NOT RETURN OR EXCHANGE THE PHONE. THEY DROPPED THE DAMN PHONE”, he would not give Kimberly his last name even though she asked for it, he was very rude to her too and handed the phone back to me as if he had enough! I told him “my son and I never said he dropped the phone, why are you lying?” He told me very loudly “LISTEN I WILL NOT RETURN OR EXCHANGE THE PHONE SO EITHER PAY $150 OR I WILL HAVE YOU THROWN OUT LIKE THEY THREW YOU OUT AT RIDGE, QUIT BEING BELLIGERENT!”

I turned around and noticed customers looking in total horror as if “really this is coming from a worker?” I told him “listen I was never thrown out of Ridge, what is your problem? Do you know what belligerent means?” He screamed at me, “listen lady I do not need an education class from you, you swore earlier”. Then my son told him nicely “she’s not being belligerent, you are being ignorant and belligerent to her”, my son raised his voice because Frank raised his louder so I told my son "do not stoop to his level, let him scream and make a fool out of himself" and as I turned around I noticed a crowd of people staring at him, not me. I still had Kimberly on the phone and told her that this was a living nightmare, she witnessed over the phone the unprofessionalism this man caused me and her. She spoke to her manager and found out that Frank was not even the manager; Shawn ** was and told me to ask around for him, no one could locate him and kept calling Frank, but once Frank would notice me he would walk to the employee door.

Kimberly then told me to go to another store and return it there, she would call and explain what these 3 so called managers put me through and would receive a full return or exchange and was very apologetic. I then went to Ford City Mall and the Assistant Manager Edwin very friendly came up to me as soon as I walked in the store, I explained the situation and he apologized for the managers in Chicago Ridge and told me Sherry wasn’t even a manager. Didn’t know who Frank was and would be more than happy to help me out. He told me that customer service hadn’t called him yet. So we waited for a while and his associate said to call them and have them ok it, by this time I was connected to another person and she read the notes and said that ultimately I had to return the phone to the Chicago Ridge location, it’s really up the manager.

They spoke with the associate and he informed me that if Corporate okays the exchange he would gladly do it. Very nice man, very informative and more than happy to help me. Unlike the two buddies Jonathan ** and Franklin ** who Franklin admitted to me they are good friends (yes after using my legal resources, I found out his real name) the Chicago Ridge manager called Franklin ** and told him not to take the phone back.

I have spent so much money, purchased all my phones through them not from my cell phone company Sprint because in all honesty Best Buy does have better deals and the customer service is outstanding at the Tinley Park and Countryside locations and have taken my elderly parents, grandmother for computers. My brothers have spent money at these locations, because I tell them what a wonderful experience I have had. I am a platinum member and not once was anyone ever rude to me; in fact they have been so nice and very informative if I had a question on a product.

I am in the process of replacing my old laptop and formally purchased at Best Buy of course and now I’m having second thoughts after the horrific attitude and belligerent managers at the Burbank location Store #311 and Chicago Ridge Mall Store #2741. I would like to see that some form of action be taken with these managers and associate Sherry, either have them take an ethics class or retrain them in customer edict. Customer service has detailed accounts of these incidents and I asked to file a complaint, they caused me severe anxiety and embarrassed me not only in front of my 13 year old and 21 year old but other customers. I will be contacting corporate tomorrow as well.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

I made an online purchase of 3 items through Best Buy and used the Best Buy Credit Card. I was billed the first day and then two days later one item was delivered to the store and ready for pick up. I picked it up and Best Buy charged my card again, which apparently is common known practice to everyone except the Best Buy Credit people.

I awoke the next morning to fraud warnings and called in and was told to cancel my card with the promise that it wouldn't affect my order. It did and my order was canceled and couldn't be reordered until a new card was physically mailed to me which would take 48 hours before mailing. I was told though I could still make in store purchases with the card without having a physical one.

I found the two items I still needed in a nearby town and drove to purchase them. Upon checkout I was told there was a balance on my card and called the Best Buy Credit Card company and they said I would have to wait 24 hours before making any purchases. So I drove back home empty handed.

I called the next to confirm I could use the card now and was told I couldn't due to Best Buy not refunding my money from the original online purchase. Also due to fraud protection I can't make any purchases for 72 hours. Both all I have gotten from both parties is just “I'm sorry” and a $25 credit. I much rather have my stuff on-time than an extra $25. I was a loyal Best Buy Customer and was excited to use the Best Buy Credit Card and their 12 month financing. This experience has given me serious doubts on how professionally this company is run along with its partners.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

Bought my iPhone 4S over 2 years ago. I did not want the Best Buy insurance, but the sales guy convinced me it was the best...and when the battery inevitably gets shoddy: I could get a brand new phone for free. No brainer, right? Wrong. Of course the day before I was going to do the swap, I cracked the screen. No worries, the battery was done...new phone anyways. Wrong. Apparently, even if the phone is being swapped because the battery sucks they will not cover physical damage. This is extortion. They want me to pay to repair a phone that is going straight into the trash bin. You cannot buy an iPhone 4S anymore, even if you want to. Furious, I left the store and bought a new phone out of pocket.

Now they will not cancel my useless insurance for another year. I used to spend a ton of money at Best Buy. They will never see another penny from me or my household. I would like to sue them. I do not have a copy of my original contract...and they refused to provide me with one. Now I have to waste the remainder of my living days telling anyone with ears not to shop at Best Buy. Ripoff!!!!! A stupid consumer mistake I will kick myself for every time I look at my credit card bill for the next year.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

I purchased a Sony 55" TV from Best Buy in Jersey City (Store 1535), New Jersey last week (10/8/2014). After using it for couple of days its screen start having problem. The screen start having lines in the beginning and later the screen got all whiteout and I hear clicks even if the TV is turn off. The screen looks fine from outside. I took the TV back to Best Buy store for replacement and they refused the exchange and told me that the TV has physical damage and not exchangeable. I was sold a faulty TV and now they do not replace it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

Future Shop says that when you buy their warranty you will have no problem taking your phone back and getting a new one. This is a bunch of lies to get you to buy their warranty. I was told they would phone the police if I raise my voice again. All the salespeople must make money on their warranties because most of them lie to you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2014

Just had the worst experience at the Best Buy off of Colorado Blvd. and Mexico In Denver Colorado! My Phone screen broke in my pocket and I of course have a protection plan with Best Buy but that did not matter to the geek squad. Really Best Buy, that's how you treat customers. They told me I will have to pay $150.00 to replace my phone. I did not agree and as I was leaving the supervisor at Best Buy told me to ** Off under his breath. I never had this problem before and I have had a phone service plan for years with best buy. What is the protection plan for then!

The S4 costs only 150.00 to replace new. Why would I pay the same price for a phone that I can buy off the shelf for the same price. Especially when I pay 20 a month in phone protection for the last 4 years! I spend thousands of dollars every year for my business to best buy but I will never again. I am in internet marketing and the last thing you want to do is ruin your rep by screwing over good customers. I will be making my presence felt every way through blogs, promotions, social media, and word of mouth on how terrible and ripped off I feel from best buy. Thank You Best Buy for ruining our relationship! Sincerely, One of your best customers!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

Went to Best Buy, bought a wash machine on July 6 '13. It lasted 1 year and one and a half months. Went to Best Buy as for the paperwork on it. Nobody can find it. It's funny because I paid in cash and carry to the truck. I also bought a dryer. The only thing I could find was a dryer. I will not buy nothing from best buy or Samsung again and nobody wants to fix it. I should be going to Sears.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

We purchased a Samsung washer and a Samsung dryer through the Best Buy web site. The washer is terrific. The dryer is a dog. It takes a while to find this out, as one doesn't do laundry everyday. 31 days later, after trying various settings, and then hearing from a friend who does laundry for a living that this dryer is indeed a lemon, we gave up and called Best Buy. They won't do anything, as they have a 15-day return policy. We spent a lot of money with them - for the last time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

We bought my son his 1st computer (laptop) for Christmas in 2013. Best Buy told us to buy the extended warranty on the laptop because college kids being college kids, if anything would spill on the system or if it dropped or if they stepped on it, or even if it got left out in the rain all night, THE COMPUTER WOULD TOTALLY BE COVERED AND REPLACE!!! so my husband decided to buy the extra warranty for an additional $90.00. Lo and behold the computer got wet and dropped, I called BEST BUY and they told me they would not take it back and the warranty didn't cover letting it out in the outside and being dropped! Are we serious?! What does that warranty cover? Would you like to know??? Well it Covers NOTHING!!!!!!! "Sorry ma'am we don't cover that, sorry for Your inconvenience." WHY, WHY do we need extended warranties? they cover nothing. It is the way BEST BUY MAKES MORE MONEY OFF OF THE CONSUMER!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2014

We recently purchased a MacBook pro from best buy in Louisiana. Upon getting home we noticed a small scratch in the lower left hand corner. We didn't think too much of it till 6 days after we had it the left hand corner went blank. We went back to best buy and they told us there was nothing they could do, that we had to call apple. We purchased it with the imperfection already on it but we didn't realize the consequences. A company of this size should stand by their product for at least 30 days. They said that we can't prove that it came like that. Are we supposed to open the box of a product in the store to assure we are not getting a damaged product? We could've lived with a scratch but not a black side of a screen. Horrible customer service from a company worth billions.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

I could not believe that a store who sold my grandson a worthless computer would not stand by their product. He had it approximately 3-4 weeks and it went dead. They sent it in to have a new battery put in. Picked up the computer - the screen was cracked. Some young girl blamed it on the way he opened the laptop and said we did it. She said it would cost about $150 to send it in and replace it. When she discovered I wouldn't spend the money for a new computer, she informed me there was nothing wrong with the computer. She was able to get it working. All we needed was to get a cable and he could use the TV. So I bought the recommended cable and went to his home, hooked up the computer to the TV and the message, no signal was all we could get. It was two weeks before I was back in the Waterloo area and could take it back.

Now they tell me that the cable connection doesn't work and that could possibly cost the kid $150 to maybe fix the problem. What happen to "a great connection" and "computer works just fine"? Now the store manager thinks that for another possible $150 they could possibly get it fixed. This is under the manufacturer's warranty and this was not damaged by us in any way shape or form. Now they are trying to blame a 15 yr old kid for all of their blunders.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

We purchased a Samsung gas range from Best Buy (Manchester, CT). The salesperson gave my husband a deal on the floor model, which she told us would be sent to Boston and then to our house. We had a private installer come to convert the stove to LP. He found that several parts, including two flame spreaders, the griddle, and the wok holder, were missing. The stove had food residue, several dents, and poorly applied paint to cover some damage. The sticker on the door indicated that this "open box" item had no damage and did have all the accessories. This was not the floor model, and appeared as if it been installed for several weeks at someone else's house. We spoke at length with a manager at the store. The second Best Buy representative arranged to have the defective stove returned, and a new one delivered and installed. As a result, we paid an additional $259.98, plus the $150 charge from our private installer. We are extremely dissatisfied with the sale.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

Where to start... on a Friday my husband and I decided to take a look at Future Shop for gifts, we thought they were convenient since we had purchased from them before with no problems and they accept PayPal. Ended up ordering three items for about 60 bucks. Got order confirmation in our email, everything seemed fine. Come the Monday, our PayPal still pays pending yet we received multiple emails saying our payment didn't go through. Called Future Shop to see if they knew why. They said the issue was with PayPal. I should mention that it took at least three separate phone calls to get anyone to tell us this. We just kept getting "I don't know".

So contact PayPal. They had a glitch on their site and it tried to put the payment through an expired credit card. Said they've removed the card and things are working fine, re-send our order. So, go on Future Shop’s site, cancel the order on our account, re-shop for everything and place the order. So first, the order seems to be going through normally, but the confirmation page only has the order details and a button to confirm we are ordering with PayPal - nowhere can I see a shipping address. So I assume everything is fine and confirm.

Now the fun starts. I go back to look at the order, and lo and behold it is saying the order is being shipped to an old address in another city located hours away that I haven't lived at in years. Our best guess is that for some strange reason rather than using our shipping address on both the Future Shop and PayPal websites, it switched to the address linked to our bank account on PayPal. Which it has never done before on any site, including Future Shop in the past. So I try clicking change shipping address, says I can't do this at this time. Seems strange, I think to myself that maybe it's a new order so it takes a bit to be able to change things. So I go and check my bank balance to make sure that our previous order didn't come out of our account. And what do I see? Our freshly placed order has come out of our account instantly, not the three to five days later that it normally takes for PayPal to take money out.

So I call Future Shop and relay the problem to them. They say they can't give refunds or change the shipping address of orders that have already been processed. I inform them that the address that it is shipping to is a three hour drive away so I can't just go get it. They say I need to wait for the packages to be returned and then I can get a refund. This could take several weeks, no guarantee that whoever receives the package will ever return it, and in the meantime the gifts that I ordered were for birthdays coming up in a matter of weeks and I didn't have the extra money to go and buy more. So through multiple phone calls, throughout an entire day, we finally got to speak to a manager who "promised" that the one item had been shipped already. So we would have to wait for it to be returned or report a lost item in two to three weeks, but he would call the vendor who has the other two items, and have them cancel the delivery and return our funds to us in our PayPal account within the next few hours.

Fast forward to the next day - still no funds returned to our PayPal. Thought maybe it was taking longer than expected. Figured we would wait until the afternoon before calling them about it. Couple of hours later we get an email that one of our other items shipped! What the heck?? So on the phones with Future Shop again - many, many calls later, talking to supervisors, and repeatedly asking to speak to a manager, we are still waiting. Last call we were told all the managers are out to a business lunch and said they promised they would call back. Don't trust that they will though since yesterday we were told a manager would call us back in an hour and 4-5 hours later we still hadn't gotten a call and had to call them. Who knows what will happen at this point. I can't trust a word Future Shop says. I have been lied to and jerked around for days. All I know is I will never be buying from Future Shop again - worst customer service I have ever seen.

Best Buy Company Information