2. Shopping

Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

Bath & Body Works Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath & Body Works?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

They put my candles in a trash like bag and dropped them in the box like that and shipped with zero cushioning or protection. They arrived busted up so bad I had to wear gloves to get them out to see what was damaged and what wasnt. I was also missing some items as well. Who shipped glass like that?? Never again will I order online from from them. Last time the delivery method they used drop the Box off across the street leaning against my mailbox in the rain. I swore then I would never order from them again but took a chance because the candles I wanted were sold out in store. Never again. I learned my lesson this time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I like aromatherapy products. I used their body wash and foam bath, and I also wanted matching lotion so I bought theirs. First I purchased the plastic squeeze tube; by the time I was half way through, that was it! Had to cut the tube and use the lotion manually. So then I bought the time-honored glass bottle with pump sprayer. Same deal. Got down to maybe a third at least left, no access. Had to manually dump the lotion onto my hand to get it out. I'll find a company that pays attention to details like customer access to their products.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Never order anything from Bath and Body Works online unless you want to be ripped off, overcharged, and manipulated. They don’t send you immediate confirmation emails letting you know how much you’ve been charged for what. Often times items aren’t available and you have no idea what you’re paying for due to no confirmation emails. Never ordering anything from here ever again. Their 3 wick candles are $24.50usd which means that you’re paying almost $100 if you order 2 candles from Canada! Its ridiculous. I wish I never ordered from here. The customer service reps have no idea what they’re talking about.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I tried to buy some products 2x on the online store and I had the same problem in both cases... They informed my products were delivered but I never got them, so I called to customer service and they said they didn’t find any proof that they were delivered. They apologized and said they don’t have all of the products that I bought so they could send another one. Both cases were exactly the same!!! So they aren’t able to sell anything online! Lack of competence!!! Don’t buy online in that store!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I usually really love the three wick candles but unfortunately very disappointed with Hibiscus Waterfall. Hardly smells at all even in a tiny bathroom.. I asked the rep for a strong smelling candle and this one was disappointing..

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I love the fragrances and you can certainly get good deals on the candles, even though the prices continue to increase. However, along with raising the price, they should improve the quality as well. I have several candles that start out great but after being burned halfway, the wicks end up being too short and I have to pour out some of the wax so I can expose the wicks to keep burning them. What a waste of money!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I ordered online 2 white citrus fragrance mist. This is the only item I was looking for but the packaging of other products are pretty so I decided trying golden sunflower & twilight woods. 20 minutes after placing the order I got a notification e-mail that I won't be charge for white citrus because it’s not available. I called the customer service department right away to cancel my order but I was told she can not do it because the order is already placed. She assured me though that I can call when I get the products and they will send a label for return posting.

I clearly explained that I should not be charged for shipping because I want to cancel the order. Today, I called and it was a totally different answer I got. They will not send me return postage. I can return the products in a local store. Unfortunately, the local from I live is 3 hours away. This is really frustrating. It is their fault that they advertise products without inventory on hand. They should have asked customers if they still want to place the order if there are items that are not available. Honestly, I think they are the only store online that does not have real-time inventory tracking system.... and they survive at the expense of customers!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I placed an order in Aug 28th, 2020. The order clearly shows that it was shipped on the 28th of Aug. The tracking info shows that it delivered to the Austin TX station at 8:30AM on August 31st, 2020. IRS September 9th, 2020 and my order is still just sitting at this place. It has not moved. Did they steal the products and Bath and Body Works steal my money? This needs to be investigated by the federal government since the mailing services are involved.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I am content with the ladies in-store. They try their best and I love their products but man. The customer service department, if I could give zero stars...I would. Online purchasing for curbside pick-up without any clear directions where to go, no step by step process. I got inside the mall to pick up my online purchases and the store was completely closed but you see sales rep inside walking around. I know they could see people outside waiting for someone to notice. I mean that’s what peripheral vision is for. Got tired of waiting and finally tapped on the glass shutter. Was told to park by such and such and call this number when I’m parked so they can bring my order down. Got lost since there were no signs/postings for B&B curbside pick-up.

Called the number I was given and nobody’s answering. Called at least 5 times. By this time, I was already losing my patience. Then proceeded to... Call customer service and was told to hold and at this point it was just becoming very annoying to be placed on hold for at least 10 more mins so I decided to put it on speaker and chat with someone virtually to possibly get some luck for SOME ASSISTANCE. Anywho, virtual person said can’t help you—- call this department. Virtual guy then decides to ask about my order details after he typed in he can’t help me!!! For what???? Complete utter waste of time.

Phone rep came back on after 100 years and tells me she can’t help either and to call this number. I asked her “It took you this long to get that number?”. She gave me some excuse that she needed to get permission from her whatever. I said, “It took your virtual person 2 seconds to type that number!!”. Then boom, hung up on haha! That lady gets a badge of honor for the ultimate most unprofessional phone service rep. Classy.

At this point, I just needed to figure things out on my own and decided to try my luck with Yelp and thank you Jesus Yelp had the right number to the store. Not what the in-store associate told me to call the first time. Finally somebody answers then gave me directions again for curbside pick-up. I said, —- there are no signs for curbside pickup. Her answer? “Well the security must’ve taken them down because they don’t know we’re still doing CS p/u’s but you’ll see the numbers 1,2,3, and 4 on the ground”. By this time, I’m just whatever.

Finally got to the destination after 3 loop arounds... I mean, it was just a disaster. It just shows incompetence for some very basic level skills. Nobody knew what was going on. The last store rep I spoke with was mediocre. With this whole COVID thing, I notice business really hustle and WOW their clients. They know it’s hard. But please teach your associates proper customer service because you’re going to get disgruntled customers every now and then. And they oughta know how to do damage control while keeping their cool. They should not be in customer service if they can’t handle pressure and heat professionally. Products are good. I’m just sad that it’s not a total package. Please have some pride in how the reps carry themselves. It has a long standing potential to be in business for a very long time but with the culture that’s being exemplified, yikes! It is just. too. easy. to avoid going back.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

What a nightmare BBW was today. I tried to get a refund for the three-wick candle discount code via their Online chat, after realizing I forgot to enter the discount code at check out. Their response was - “Oh we can’t do that in this chat- you have to do that in store.” Then they canceled & took off my vampire blood candle after I already placed the order. Then I went to the Northridge location (wanted to pick another one out to replace that one). Well - they’re curbside pick up only - and then said I would need to call customer service to get the refund for the discount code... Decided to not pick up my order and just cancel it over the phone.

I talked to this person who sounded like he was 17 years old, wasn’t listening to me. Kept asking my delivery address even though it was a pick up in store. Kept saying they will credit it back once it’s been delivered (again - not listening). Told me to go in store and get a credit, asked me three times in a row - “once we cancel it I’ll start a new order for you.” I said NOOOO!!!! I just want to cancel it!!! It took 33 minutes to simply cancel one order... It was the worst experience I’ve ever had with BBW. They need to hire ADULTS that for one - actually listen to the needs of their customers and who are skilled in professionalism & customer service etiquette. I didn’t receive that today with the THREE different interactions I had with BBW. Really disappointing.

Bath & Body Works Company Information