2.10/5

49 Bass Pro Shops Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I placed an order on 7-9-19. The order was $98.00 with 2 day free shipping so my husband needed these products for a Canadian fishing trip. Well 4 days after the order still no order has arrived. He calls Bass Pro and it's still in the warehouse. The operator said he would be refunded by email. Still No refund by gift card. Pathetic service indeed. Maybe next time use Cabela's.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I purchased a Bass Tracker V16 40 Horse Mercury FourStroke from Bass Pro in Denham Springs Louisiana. Took it in on 6-3-2019 and they still have it. Needed a oil leak fixed that all. Didn’t have the seal so they order it. It came in and now I lost my spot. There is other boats in front of it. Don’t know when I’ll get it back. 7-2-2019.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We went in to buy a MAKO 17 Pro Skiff 2019. When we got it home we realized that the top of the boat had not been properly fastened to the bottom. Rivets were missing and the holes had been Bondoed to try to cover up a he mistake. When we called they said they had never seen anything like that before. They said they would do their best to take care of us, then passed us to a manager. The manager first said it would take months to resolve the issue, then the next day said all of their boats were like that and refused to do anything about it.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Purchased a new boat from Garland BASS PRO, we were given false information by two different salespeople on how the gift cards could be used. We were told the $500 card could be used anywhere and the $250 card could be used at the store, not the apparel store only. We paid $1000 more for the Pontoon boat cover and was told it could be used while pulling the boat. When we picked up the boat, not only was the color wrong, we were told it could not be used while towing. We are still waiting after almost 4 weeks for someone to contact us about the correct cover and corner piece that was scratched. The finance part of the deal was only interested in trying to sell you an extended warranty. We gave Bass Pro the opportunity to reply with their online survey, that they sent us, it has been over a week with no response so, I said I would go to social media and will continue until this is resolved.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Amid all the one star reviews and vitriol I’ve read, I almost lost faith in a fair return. I bought a Bass Pro Eclipse tent two days ago from Hanover MD while vacationing in Baltimore for the weekend, tried to assemble it according to some sparse instructions and couldn’t do it. I ended up returning it to Cabelas in Newark DE which is closer to me than Bass Pro. They accepted it without issues. I’m quite happy with the way everything was handled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered a combo reel and rod. It ended up being back ordered. I went to cancel it and get a e-gift card sent to my email but they told me it would take almost a week before that could happen. I told them that the item was on sale and it was available in stores so could they try getting it to me quicker than that. Answer was no. It’s almost like the consumer gets punished for the item being processed. It shouldn’t take that long for me to get an e gift card especially if it’s money the company is still receiving. I could have just asked for a refund and kept my cash. This is terrible and they really should do better. I would recommend avoiding online sales with Bass Pro if possible. I really hate that Cabelas is associated with them. Customer service was always better with them.

Original review: May 7, 2019

If I could give zero I would! Don't ever buy a boat from this place! Apparently you don't get a battery with it! The employees don't care about customer service because they don't get Commission. My elderly father just bought a boat and not only did they sell him a boat without the batteries but they also didn't show him how everything worked! When he called today to ask them why they didn't put a battery in it, they blew him off and said they'd call him back. They never did! They were trying to hurry him out the door during the buying process. Took them 3 weeks to get the boat "ready" even though it was on the floor. They took over an hour to "wash" it but it had soap suds all over it. Would a car dealership sell you a car without a battery? No! Then why did they not put a battery in a boat!? Save yourself the hassle. Buy your boat elsewhere.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Purchased a $129 vacation package for a 2 day stay at Bass Pro Property of my choice. Try to book my trip and chose the Bass Pro Resort in Ridgedale Mo. I'm put in a hotel in downtown Branson, not in the Resort, which I was told. It was not mentioned that this is a timeshare & you must sit thru a presentation. It was listed in small print on the back of a folder I received, which I had not read. My mistake. I believed everything the salesperson said. This is typical bait & switch, & if you don't do your homework you will get tricked. You think you are getting a resort stay with all kinds of free perks, & instead you are put in a hotel 30 minutes away. Bass Pro should be ashamed of themselves for letting this vacation package be sold in their store.

Original review: April 14, 2019

PUBLIC SERVICE POST - I bought a bass boat at Bass Pro In Dania Beach Florida. The sales guy was great and knowledgeable! Go from sales to their Service Dept staff. Shown the boat, dirty carpet, dirty tires, not even close to new looking, plain filthy! I was charged for a prep and delivery which was a joke! The Service manager said he was short staffed and he doesn’t usually do delivery of boats. 2.5 hours later the Bass Tracker boat engine seized due to hydro lock! Well same Bass Pro Service Manager wants $7000.00. He tells me that Bass Pro and Tracker washed their hands, no fair resolve at ALL!

Big Brother Corporate walked all over me! From a dream to a nightmare! I don’t recommend buying a boat from this company! I should have stayed with a Local business, people that you can trust!! I generated a letter to Bass Pro, Tracker Corporate - Crickets! More to come with some media outlets and other social networks- Do not trust Bass Pro Shops. My local boat sales told me that they would have helped me from the start! Please pass on to your contacts! Buyer be aware!

Original review: April 12, 2019

The worst customer service. Bought a boat there plus $1800.00 worth of items for my boat for them to add on. Took a month to get an appointment then they kept my boat for 3 weeks. Didn't even do what was suppose to be done. Bought this boat 2018. Didn't get to use it much because it took too long to make appointment plus almost another month to put my add ons on.

This year 2019 I needed part of my windshield replaced. Called constantly. Always got a recorder, 6 weeks later someone called back and couldn't help me. I drove 60 miles to Bass Pro in Manteca CA to order the window for them to tell they didn't know when they could get. It's awful service. We also have a discount card with Bass Pro of 10% off but can't use it for any boat items. So tell me why my discount card says Tracker and Bass Pro if I can't buy ANYTHING FROM Tracker with my discount card. You need to take the word Tracker off. I know it's separate. After we bought the boat we found that out but seriously something needs to change. I will not have anything to do with Bass Pro again. Pat.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Took Bass Pro 160 with 40 hp Mercury 4 Stroke in for service. At our ages of 77 and 78, we only use the boat for short trips and extended camping. They said we needed new batteries (even though they had replaced the batteries last year), we needed new wheel bearings for the boat trailer (yet we traveled 55 miles at 70 miles per hour and upon arrival at Bass Pro Shop in Cary, NC - the wheel bearings were still cool enough for a human hand to lay on them without moving, and getting no harm to the hand), we needed new impeller, plus new fuel lines and a new gas tank, plus new contacts for all electronics plus numerous other costs for parts and labor. And they did all of this WITHOUT ever doing a service inspection on the boat or test anything of any nature - to even see if any of the above items were truly needed. This estimate they gave me came from LOOKING at the craft only! They wanted $1,135.00 plus tax and misc. parts costs.

I returned and picked up the craft having no work done. I then took it to Chatlee Marine here in Sanford, NC. All they said was replace two fuel lines, impeller was great, wheel bearings were fine, and all electronics worked plus they gave me a new fuel tank, four new bass boat seats and all accessories needed to connect them to craft, did the entire engine yearly maintenance - and all with labor/parts and taxes combined - only $439.79 total. A hell of a difference. Take it to Chatlee's for honest work/service!!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Tracker/Bass Pro offered a $1000 gift card to use in their stores if you buy their boat. AND you get 10% off of everything in their store for 2 years, or so I thought. Needless to say, you can't use the 10% off to purchase anything for your boat. I was going to purchase a new trolling motor, and or a fish finder, reels etc. Just about everything you need for a new boat, you cannot use your 10% off for. However, you can use it in the one place that has the highest markup at; their restaurants. I am extremely pissed off.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The Cabela brothers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw what Bass Pro did to their company. Moving to sub-standard products both in clothing and equipment, higher prices and lower customer service has ruined a once great outdoor company. Shame on you Bass Pro.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The employee's remain helpful, but the store has made a terrible change since Bass Pro took over Cabela's in Rogers, AR. The lighting and rearranging of products was disappointing to say the least. Having experienced Dogwood Canyon and Top of the Rock by Bass Pro I had no idea they could take a nice store and make it feel like Academy Sports. I don't have the words to express my disappointment. Wow!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a $100 dollar e-gift card online as a present for a family member. They recently realized that they never used it because received the card. I found the original email with proof of purchase and contacted customer support with the hope that a new card could be issued. I was told that they purge all purchase records after 18 month so they had no way of tracking its use unless I provided them with the actual card number - which I cannot do because it was never received! We have to keep personal tax records for 7 years but they get rid of purchase info after 18 months for gift cards that never expire??? What a load of nonsense! It's clearly an attempt not to help consumers recover what they rightfully paid for. Look to other companies that actually value their customers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I bought a new Pontoon boat a year ago from Bass Pro Shops. One of the cushions formed a defect at the seam and began to ravel. I took the cushion to the Bass Pro Shops where I purchased the boat. They submitted a warranty claim. Warranty department denied the request because they said the cushion had been chewed on and caused the damage. This statement is not possible for the mere fact of the location of the defect. I don't own animals that have access to the boat, and if I did, it's not possible for them to have caused the damage because of the location of the tear. When the boat isn't in use and stored, it isn't accessible to any animals or rodents. I will have to pay to have the defect repaired.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Whoever took the tent out of the box didn't manage to stuff it all the way back in. I imagined I was getting a new-in-the-box product. I wonder how many times this has been returned (and why). Paid $55. Received a $100 hassle. Terrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

On the day they started a sale on a particular firearm (S&W 460 Magnum XVR) not only did my local Bass Pro claim they were sold out so did the warehouse. I called Cabela's (purchased by Bass Pro) in KCKS and the one in Hazelwood. Everyone claimed they were out. I waited until Wed to call Sherry ** to see if she could come up with one. No help at all. I feel this is false advertising on their part. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Took kids to visit Santa but was scared to let them. They didn't want to. He looked dirty with short beard and weird. Bass Pro never again. My kids would not even get in line. Have respect for customers' kids who you use as Santa.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My wife purchased a new fishing bow as a gift for me. I had planned a bow fishing trip with my father-in-law that night and was excited to try out my new bow. After opening the packaging I discovered that there were 2 socket head screws missing that held the reel in place. I took the bow back to Bass Pro in Destin Fl to try and get some help from the bow shop upstairs only to find that they were closed for the big shopping weekend. (No big deal, that understandable to divert the staff where they may be needed more.)

My second course of action was to take the bow to customer service and see if they could do a refund. The man at the counter stated that I could only receive in store credit and I could come back later and see if they had the bow in stock. (I had the receipt in hand!) At no point was there an offer to backorder or have one shipped from another shop, they said they were sold out.

Later, when I got home, I called and asked if they could order one from one of the stores close to us and have it shipped down. "Patsy" at customer service said she looked at all the stores in Alabama and Florida and could find none in stock. She informed us that the best they could do was have us come back in for a refund. That night I looked on the Bass Pro website and found 3 of the exact bow fishing rigs 80 miles away in Alabama! The next day I took the bow in for refund and returned not only the bow, but the case all without any issues of getting cash back (this time) on the purchase. I have been shopping at Bass Pro since 2009, now, I will do all my Fishing/Bowfishing purchasing from the half hitch in Destin from now on. Customer Service/Sales Personnel that we interacted with. Shirley ** (Customer Service) issued refund. Patsy (Customer Service) stated the bow could not be ordered from any nearby stores.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We waited 6 days without some kind of communication. Called them, they said it was canceled. I tried to find out why and she said the information was fraudulent because my phone number didn’t match the account. I tried to explain that it was a gift going to my son in law not me and she said I shouldn’t be ordering online. I will never shop at Bass Pro or Cabellas again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went to purchase a meat smoker at Bass Pro Shop Niagara on the Lake. I went to the Canadian website, plugged in the specific store that I wanted and found the item I was looking for in stock. This would lead me to believe that I was on a Canadian website, looking at a product in Canada in Canadian prices. I was WRONG. The price on the website was $179.99 for the smoker I was interested in purchasing. When I arrived at the store, the price was $234.99. When I asked the staff member for assistance about the cost difference, I was treated like dirt. The website does NOT clearly state that the currency was in US funds. With exchange the price was still marginally better than the Canadian price.

I asked if I could pay in US funds, No. I asked for a price match, No. I asked for a discount, No. I asked why this was allowed and was informed by the manager Chase that everyone has the same issue however people still purchase from them at full price. I asked how come that it was not stated on the Canadian site that the price was not in Canadian funds. It is actually on the site in pale grey small print on the bottom of the website.

I was then informed that someone just 10 minutes ago purchased a canoe at the full price even though they came in for the website price and did not complain. Chase went on to inform me that people that want the good quality products will pay for them regardless of what the website says. I told him I was not impressed and that I would not be making a purchase today. He informed me that he did not care if I made a purchase or not and that business was not going to be affected by one less customer. I was appalled. He said that business was doing fine with or without my business. I will not be returning to that store nor any Bass Pro Shops. The website is misleading and the corporation does not care if you are satisfied or not. Beware!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Purchased 2016 PRO 170 Bass Tracker boat (with Mercury Outboard motor) in Feb. 2016. Ran great all that year. We took the boat to Bass Pro, Colorado Springs CO, which is where we bought it for unrelated (blocked "pee" tube) work and they said they adjusted the motor also. The motor has not run above an idle since despite returning the boat 4 times at 540 miles each time. And I just brought it home, took to lake and NOTHING had changed and motor would not run! Now another trip 540 miles (take and pickup). My wife and I have lost 2 seasons now of fishing as the boat is at Bass Pro months at a time, all summer, plus the days we spend all day driving the boat to them OR the hundreds of dollars we have spent in fuel hauling boat to BASS PRO that could have been spent on rods and tackle but at least we did not have to replace any tackle either as we could not fish to lose any!

So I took it on June 25 after taking to lake, putting in and taking out after it would not run AGAIN OR STILL! Made the second half of THIS 540 trip on July 22 to retrieve boat, brought home, took to lake and motor will not run! I emailed the Store Manager whom I dealt with last year as per his instruction and he DID NOT return my call nor the Boat Manager I emailed. NO he had a serviceman call me who had no answers other than make another 540 mile $150 in gas trip to BASS PRO again. SO I'm sitting here with a $15,500 boat I have not been able to use for TWO YEARS! That's my review, YOU DECIDE.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered a straw hat for my upcoming vacation in plenty of time but for some reason the day of delivery FedEx decides to return to shipper. BPS customer service could have sent another so I could have my hat but is waiting on FedEx for a disposition when clearly marked being returned to shipper. Bad customer service.

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

After negotiations the service department sent my boat back to the manufacturer to be worked on. That's why they get 4 stars.

Original review: June 5, 2018

First of all let me say I've own boat since I was 14 years old. I recently bought a Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW with a 75 hp. First time out with a friend during the break in period I got to the point where I could briefly run the boat full throttle. Three bumps on the trim to equal out the torque from the motor and the boat started to porpoise with a 8" chop. I immediately rolled back the throttle and continued breaking the motor in. I brought the boat back to the service department. The service manager informed me that they took care of new boats first. I replied it's new!!!

7 day later they informed me that the boat does porpoise but there’s nothing they can do. After calling customer service at the White River Marine Group. It's been 3 weeks now and my boat sits outside the Bass Pro Shop. This boat is too heavy!!! A 75 hp four stroke, 22 gallons of gas, 3 deep cycle batteries, live well and 2-3 fishermen. I don’t believe the engineers ran the boat through its paces. Do not buy a boat from Bass Pro if you expect them to honor any type of warranty? You would think the Billionaire CEO would care about his reputation. Not!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Attempted to purchase a boat from the Ontario store. Multiple departments to complain about, but, long story short I cancelled my order. Now I'm chasing them for my deposit. Seems everyone has gone MIA. Move to my credit card company next I guess.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Bought a Pro 170 in March of 2018. Was supposed to get a $250.00 Bass Pro gift card within 6 weeks. Well it's almost June and no card. Have sent emails to store I made the purchase at with no results. The store is the Bass Pro Shop in Bolingbrook, IL.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased a bolt action rifle from outside Maryland and had it shipped to Bass Pro to pick it up. After it arrived I was informed that they could not sell it to me because it has a 15 round mag. I informed them that I have received other guns with larger round capacity from other FFLs in MD and they would pin them or remove them. I was called by the daytime store manager and he told it was illegal in Maryland to sell a gun with a high capacity mag and it would be sent back. I call the Maryland State Police to get a ruling from them as they enforce the law.

I called Bass Pro back and spoke with the evening manager to ask him to hold it until I heard back from MSP. He informed that they were shipping it back as it is "illegal" in Maryland. I also tried to inform him of MDs LD-FRS-13-005 that states: Yes, an FFL MD Regulated Firearm’s Dealer may receive in to the State a magazine with a capacity of more than 20 rounds, or more than 10 rounds on and after October 1, 2013. However, these magazines may not be sold to a non-exempt Maryland resident in Maryland. It also goes on to talk about pinning the mag or modifying it so it can not hold more than 10 rounds. Then he starts telling me it's BASS Pro policy. He then switches back and forth between MD laws and Bass Pro interchangeably.

I have purchased long guns from Bass Pro before but this was the first time that I used them for a FFL transfer. I have to admit I choose them as they were cheaper than some of the other FFLs I deal with and they were, so I thought, more convenient. Boy was I wrong. I guess it is true you get what you pay for. It will be a cold day downstairs before I shop there again. So they say it's because of Maryland law but then they go on about Bass Pro policy. I would think that if they want to be like ** and make their own rules they should state it upfront. Hopefully this will only be a $50 lesson learned.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Cabelas Grandville Michigan - Bought $1,000.00 of reloading equipment for my son's birthday, I am a Cabelas Club member and a Disabled Marine Veteran. Clearly on the cash register is a sign that says 5% discount for Veterans. I gave the girl my Vet's ID and she said that the items I was buying was excluded from the discount. OK, WHY, the manager said it was Bass Pro Shops automatic computer program that decides what is excluded. I then read the very very fine print on the bottom of the card...it excludes guns, ammo, black powder. I bought a complete reloading machine. They want to wave the flag and act like they are in tune with Veterans...until they have to discount something 5%. I am cancelling the order on my new bass boat. Guess what, there are hundreds of places that sell Bass boats in Michigan.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I shopped at the Daytona Beach store with my husband yesterday. I was looking for a women’s lightweight puffy Columbia jacket for a trip to Boston. I found what I wanted. Regular price was $120 and it was on sale for $99.99. When I got to the register, I noticed their circular. In their circular was an ad that stated Columbia jackets for women 25% off, On Select A Jacket. The picture showed approximately five jackets. One of the jacket shown what is the exact jacket that I wanted. I said, “oh, that’s great this is 25% off!“ The cashier responded, "Oh no. Not this one, only the selected model on selected jackets." The picture showed approximately five jackets. One of the jacket shown what is the exact jacket that I wanted. I said, “oh, that’s great this is 25% off! “The cashier responded,” oh no not this one, only the selected styles.“

I then went on to say, “well, this is the same exact code pictured here that I want and to me as a consumer that would mean that this coat is one of the selected styles.“ She then got two managers involved who both said, "No that’s the price." So, I said “fine, I’ll just deal with corporate!" I bought the jacket and left. On the way home I called their corporate office. I spoke to a supervisor named Lauren, who said, "Oh I’m very sorry. I’ll call the store right now and have them call you." Mind you, this was around 4 o’clock. I never heard from the store. I will be making another phone call to the corporate office first thing Monday morning and will ask for additional money off for my treatment as well as them ripping off the public with false advertising and also I will never shop any of their stores ever again‼️ Good luck to anyone who patronizes them‼️?

Bass Pro Shops Company Information