2. Shopping
  3. Sporting Goods

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Bass Pro Shops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Nick, Nicole and Shamain and Megan-mgr. ALL are outstanding!!! Buying a firearm today is difficult to say the least! These people make it a pleasurable experience. They explain everything you need to know and they treat you like a 5 star restaurant. I will continue to buy from this store because of these folks mentioned. The corporate office needs to see this review so they are aware of the exceptional people they have working for their company. They make ALL the difference. Thank you, Ron **/Solutions Home Improvements.L.L.C. 19 years in business and I know great customer service when I see it because I have a 5-star rated company!

Original review: June 7, 2020

For whatever I am looking for outdoor gear this is the store to go to and the quality is great. Now prices are not always great but I know the product will last. I love shopping for my camping and grilling here besides fishing, really everything – hunting too. They show the tents, cots and sleeping bags set up so you can see which one will fit you and your family.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I really like Bass Pro Shops! Besides being a cool place to walk around (with aquariums, stuffed animals, gun &/or arrow ranges, etc), they have great merchandise! From mens & woman's clothing and guns, ammo etc to camping gear to boats & fishing gear they really have most anything you might be able to use outdoors. Maybe they don't have the latest & greatest gym equipment, basketball, baseball (or mitt) or football gear, but what they do have is well priced and good quality. Highly recommend!

Original review: June 3, 2020

Bass Pro Shops are wonderful to go to with your family if you enjoy outdoor activities such as fishing and hiking. The store I went to had a huge fish tank with fish for the kids to watch while parents can shop in peace. Their store has awesome quality supplies but it is rather very pricey. Unfortunately, I could not afford my gear from Bass Pro Shops and had to resort to a retail store with very poor quality. If you are willing to pay the price though, I would highly recommend Bass Pro Shops for their fishing gear! I hope to one day I can continue to shop at bass Bro Shops.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Actually was in shutdown @ a Bass Pro Shop during a tornado warning North of Branson, MO and the management was fantastic. If you are stuck this a great place to hunker down - camping gear, food including a gourmet restaurant, clothes, boots and almost anything else you would need if a tornado hit. Lucky for us we were ok and out of danger in about 1 1/2 hours.

Original review: April 29, 2021

In early March Bass Pro/Cabela's 2021 Fishing Classic flyer came in. I saw the Ascend 133x kayak package. So I drove to Lexington KY Cabela's. After 1hr+ trying to get help from corporate they sent me to bass pro in Clarksville Indiana. Where I found out they didn’t have all the parts to finish the package so I paid for my kayak and they said the last parts would be in soon. Now I have called emailed several times no trolling motor. Still waiting. Why they won’t just change to a trolling motor they have in stock is beyond me. People at stores are good management and corporate are not. Bass pro is too big. They don’t care that I have missed tournaments or that I can’t go spend time with my son. All they want is our $$$$.

Original review: April 6, 2021

My wife and I go to Bass Pro to buy a new pontoon boat. The sale person says there might be a delay due to covid. The sales manager says we are in luck if we put our name on this boat expected in February. We go through the process, put down a deposit and secure this boat. We take our trade into them for assessment. We agree on trade in value and they say that they have to keep our trade in boat to protect the value. Mind you, we are still making the payment because we have not completed the deal. February comes and no boat and so we inquire about the eta and am told it would be end of the month. OK fine....More time passes, we are updated with it will be March. March almost over and we are told mid-April.

As frustrating as these delays were, we continue waiting since it was still too cold to be on the water anyway. We got a call the first week of April and am told that the sales dept does not have a date of when we are going to get a boat. We visit them to get more info and updated with even though there were several orders into corporate for 2021 pontoon boats that Bass Pro corporate has decided they are transitioning to building 2022 boats and those won't be ready until at least the Fall, if then. We ask to give our trade in back so at least we can fish while waiting on the new boat and was a little excited about the chance of having a newer boat at the old price.

We were told the 2022 models were going up several thousand, well that's ok because we have a standing order, right? Wrong....the.option would be that we would have first refusal to continue the deal but would have to pay the new price. And we had to wait a few days for corporate to approve giving us our trade in boat back. After doing some more research and making a few calls we found a boat "in stock" at another dealership. We are now working a deal to get that boat and should be in a new boat in about 2 weeks. I will NEVER buy another Bass Pro boat and do not recommend anyone else does. There's more to the story about their incompetence but I don't want to bore you. Also we have a family member and a neighbor that have similar experiences with Bass Pro boats and their service dept. Save your frustration and go to another dealership.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I purchase a tree stand for a gift, it said they will take 11 to 12 days. It didn't make it. Try to cancel but it can be cancel. Only the the item get delivered to the store. Call for help and nobody knows when be delivered to the store or where is coming from, so I have to purchase another one somewhere else and wait for this one to be delivered so I can cancel and who knows when I will get my money back.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Bass Pro had a promotion for 12 months 0% Apr for purchases over $500. I made my purchase buy phone, so they didn't honor the promotion. Their Special Literature didn't mention that phone orders were excluded. After being on the phone for hours, the Supervisor said she would not honor. What a joke.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

WA State has legislation commonly known as "1639" requiring training for purchase and ownership of semi-automatic firearms. I have completed the training. Content in the training specifies that a customer DOES NOT NEED TO SHOW a training completion certificate to purchase a semi-automatic firearm but must be willing to sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that that individual has completed the training. I have done so. In the last few days I have driven to the Tacoma, WA Bass Pro Shop selectively shopping for a specified rifle. Today, I made another trip to Tacoma and agreed to purchase a semi-automatic Browning rifle. When queried, I responded that I have successfully completed "1639" training and would be willing to sign a legal statement to that fact.

The salesman and the store manager stated that Bass Pro Shop POLICY requires that I show my completion certificate! As a result, I was unable to complete the purchase. I stated that their policy is in violation of the "1639" requirements and THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT. It is common knowledge that the "1639" Initiative is a Bloomberg sponsored, anti-gun measure designed to prevent purchase of certain guns. Bass Pro Shops has, in creating their own, more restrictive policy requiring proof of training, directly supports the anti-gun movement. It is bad policy. I will disseminate my displeasure of Bass Pro Shop in every one of the shooting and hunting forums that I frequent, as well as the sportsman's club to which I belong.

Bass Pro Shops Company Information