3.0/5 (36 ratings)

About Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered the Livescope System Lvs34 online when BassPro listed it as "in stock". I received an email saying my item will be shipped soon. I waited a few days before I contacted BassPro regarding my shipping dates. Guess what? They said my order is currently on a backorder list. I confronted them saying that it was in stock when I ordered. They said it might be a system error.

I felt like I was being trick. I had to cancel my order from Mygreenoutdoors.com because I thought BassPro had the item in stock. I think this is a horrible way of doing business. You should not listed an item "in stock" when it's not. And Basspro should not allowed custom to proceed into finishing the transaction if the item is not in stock.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I bought a rain suit on the Bass Pro shop site and then found it on Amazon for $13 cheaper. I tried to cancel the order in less than 30 mins and they told me it was too late. Their policy is you have to take it to a local Fedex and show a return code and then will be charged a $7.50 fee. I have been a Bass Pro customer since 1985 and will never buy another product from them again.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

I purchased a 22 rifle online and had rifle sent to Independence Mo Bass Pro. I Filled out paperwork then informed the background check should be done in 2 days so after 3 days and no email or call, I checked on it and then informed it wasn't cleared yet and could take up to 30 days which was never stated on the online site. Even though this is suppose to be bass pro policy not Missouri law so I tried to cancel order and was denied. Even though Missouri law States if background check ain't sent back then they can release the rifle in 3 days. Employees were polite but policies going contradictory to State laws should be stated before selling.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I ordered 2 shirts online for a gift. Received them but one was sent in the wrong size. I contacted them through online chat and was told the shirt wasn't in stock. I believe their website wasn't updated when I ordered and that's why they sent the wrong size. They will not give me a credit to purchase another shirt until the shirt is returned even though they admit it was their mistake. This will be way passed the time I needed it for a gift.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's in Hoffman Estates Illinois has gone from a decent store, when it was Cabela's to a pathetic mess after the purchase by Bass Pro. I am an internationally recognized fly tyer and I was in the area and thought I would drop in to see what tying materials they had on hand, as I hadn’t been there in many months. What I discovered was depressing.

It looks like they have dropped carrying all high end American made fly rods and are offering only their company brand. The tying section was 1/2 its original size and carries only very basic materials. When I walked by the fly bins I took a look and determined that none of the bins were correctly stock, the fly in the bin didn’t match the pattern name. I walked out of there after making no purchases, just shakin’ my head. I called a tying colleague who I hadn’t spoken to in a while, who I know frequents the store to purchase materials and he told me that he stopped going there months ago for the aforementioned reasons.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I went to The Auburn Bass Pro shop back in December to purchase a .22 rifle I had seen on sale online. There were a couple ahead of me who could not make up their mind about a pistol they wanted. when that mess was cleared an associate asked me what I needed, I explained what .22 I had seen online and if they had any in stock. He informed me they had the .22 but it was online sale price only. I left got home and the first thing I see on the website is " we match any online competitor's prices". Great but you won't match your own? I sent an email to customer service immediately after. No response. I will never shop at Bass Pro again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I had ordered a pair of Xtratuf boots online. I was having some problems because I had not received them and there was not a tracking number. I totally understand the delay after Christmas. I reached out to get tracking but they told me it would take a couple of days. I talked to Amy this morning in customer service and just want to give her a huge shoutout. She was EXTREMELY NICE and reassuring that my order would be worked on and that I would get an update about my tracking. She apologized and told me how much she appreciated my kindness and then as well sent me a coupon for my next order. I just want to say this is something that really brightened my day. Then about an hour later I did get an update on my order and received the tracking information. It can be hard when we are all stressed and things are delayed. Being understanding and going above and beyond really means a lot.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Bass Pro and Cabelas customer service is about the absolute worst. They refuse to do modifications or refunds 5 minutes after ordering online. They will tell you they can refund your purchase within 10-15 minutes of ordering but then they will tell you that they cannot complete a refund until a tracking number has been originated. Once you call back after a tracking number has been originated, they will tell you they still cannot refund your order and you will now have to wait until it arrives to ship it back. I have never heard of those "Rules" from a company before. I will never do business with Bass Pro/Cabelas again. They can quickly take your money and make it impossible to get it back upon returns-cancelations. I know the reason they make it extremely difficult because most people won't want to mess with the headache trying to wait for their slow shipping or finding a store, so in the end they still make their profit. It's not right and it's not okay.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I was looking for some warm coveralls for hunting. I looked several places online but Bass Pro website said offer before 4 and I would get them in two days!!!! I figured that it being 7am they would have plenty of time!! It took 3 days before they shipped and 5 days before the shipping company received the package!!!! I talked to bass pro and they said it should only be another day or so!!! Here it is 8 days later and I still don’t have them!!! They ** you on line but they take your money out of your account immediately!!!! I will never buy anything from bass pro online again and I hope if you want something fast you don’t either!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I ordered boots on 11/11/21 that I wanted to have before departing on a trip 11/25. As of 11/19/21 they haven't even shipped yet even though the charge hit my credit card the same day I ordered. I called customer service and was told that it takes 10-15 days for the manufacturer to ship the boots. I'll be lucky if I see them a day or two after I leave for my trip. I explained that I needed them before the 25th and the rep didn't offer any solution. By today's standards, making a customer wait 15 days for a $177 order is beyond unacceptable.

Bass Pro Shops Company Information