Bass Pro Shops

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

On May the 29th 2017 we visited the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield Mo and was very disappointed with the customer service. I was looking for some jet divers and pets spoons I could not find anyone to help me in the dept. I finally went to one of the checkouts and the fellow told me someone would be with me in a second. I waited and finally this young kid came up and said "that is where they would be if we have any." So I asked "well how about some pet spoons, where can I find them." Well he walked with me a little ways and same thing, he said "if we have any that is where they should be." I was so mad almost could not see to get out of that place.

On my way out I ran into a young man carrying a rod. I asked if there was an Academy Sports close by. He pointed me to where he said it was. He had a broken rod he said he set the hook and the rod broke. Took it back and they told him there was nothing they could do. I found the Academy Sports and they had the spoons and divers I was looking for and I bought them. Spent $64. I would never stop in another Bass Pro if they paid me to do it!! I called back spoke to the store manager and he took my information. Truly very disappointed.

I bought the nicest recliner they had. $900.00+dollars heat massager, didn't last a year then recliner broke. Ask for help. They offered me $100.00 dollars catnapper recliner. Called. They stop selling catnapper. Wonder why! Think a large operation like this would stand behind their products.

My credit card company stopped the authorization for suspected fraud, of which there was none. I received a prompt email from Bass Pro notifying me of the issue. I cleared it up with my credit card company (click of an email), called Bass Pro at the phone number provided in their email the next day. AMAZINGLY I was talking to someone in the U.S. immediately, no annoying phone prompts to jump through, no waiting on hold, no getting passed from department to department. All I did was say, "Hi Dianne my name is Brian" and she seemed to have my order pulled up. Must have used caller ID to pull up my order before connecting with me?

I didn't even have to give my order number, she knew what I ordered and read it back to me to verify, and offered the opportunity to make any changes. I gave the card number again and was off the phone. The entire call lasted 2 minutes and 4 seconds. Absolutely fantastic call center interaction, I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Bass Pro. I hope you continue to keep your reputation high after the merger with Cabellas.

Covers a wide variety of sports, nice selection. Convenient location and hours. The store is clean, well laid out and well organized. Assistance is available in most areas. Central checkouts make it convenient to complete your purchase when you are ready. The selection and type of merchandise they carry is impressive. Was surprised to see household items in a sporting goods store. It's also family friendly; we love to watch the fish.

I and my family and friends just love going to Bass. It does NOT advertise coupons for the restaurant, so there are no long lines in season, though it is popular. Management says the restaurant is for the convenience of shoppers. The store is set up like a showroom, fun and easy to find what you are looking for. In addition, Bass has a top-rated restaurant with LOTS of atmosphere, fresh fish and seafood, great appetizers and drinks. Allows families to enjoy the ambiance while serious sportsmen look for their equipment. Lastly, Bass has a high-quality line of appropriate sports clothing and gifts. One can spend the whole night (or day) in the store, wining, dining and shopping!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?

The sales folks are always helpful and ready and willing to answer questions. They are knowledgeable about their areas and like to share their knowledge with customers. All the folks there seem to really have an interest in their respective areas. I am always helped by people who are experts in their field. They have a great in store selection on all your outdoor needs and if they don't have it in store you can be sure it is on their website.

The people that work there seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs. They are always nice and polite and have smiles on their faces. They seem quite knowledgeable about the products they sell and always help me when I need it. They always seem to know what I am asking for even when I don't know what it is exactly. They are quite good at giving me different options to suit my needs. They have a huge selection of different brands of differing qualities and prices. The selection gives you enough choices to be happy but not too many to as to be overwhelmed. I have always been satisfied with the range of products available. The hours are pretty good. They are open when I need them to be. Certainly better than my bank. They are open every day of the week and that works well with my schedule.

It was nice, they got my order packaged right, and shipped fast. Everything was accurate.They are a great company to do business with. I would definitely recommend them. Very smart, reliable company, has very knowledgeable employees. They are very helpful. Very nice inventory, lots to choose from, tons of categories. Very nice place to shop, they have great deals. I will definitely continue shopping there. I think they have great business hours, they seem to be open when you need something. They could maybe stay open a little later on Sunday, but most stores close early on Sunday too.

The employees were visible and able to help find products and answer questions in a friendly easy manner. I wanted a sale item and didn't see my size so the gentleman went to the back and dug one out for me. There were several employees working around the store but they all seemed unrushed and happy to help without giving the impression that I was drawing them away from something more important. I am a retail manager so I notice and appreciate things like that.

I'm not an outdoorsy kind of person (I was just following my husband around while he drooled over all the boat and fishing gear) so all I can say is there was A LOT of stuff! The store was well stocked without gaping empty areas in the shelves. All of the merchandise had easy to see pricing info. We were there on a Sunday afternoon and they were open so I guess that was a good thing.

Staff are happy to help you find what you're looking for and explain the various options to help you decide which is right for you. Staff have a large store to cover and may need more on the floor per shift. Staff don't appear to be assigned to specific areas. And yet they know a lot about products of all different types throughout the store.There's a wide variety of choices for each type of product, as well as a good variety of additional products you may not expect to find that are interesting and appealing. Stores are open late enough that we are able to get home from work, have dinner, and then go to do our shopping. That lets us enjoy the experience and not have to rush.

Very helpful, knowledgeable employees that made my visit and experience better. Gave me good fishing advice. Also helped me look at boats out in the parking lot. Every question I had, they could answer in multiple departments. Whether in the fishing and tackle department or outside looking at boats, they knew their business. I would not hesitate to even buy a boat there. Largest selection I have ever seen! I was amazed at the size of the store in Dallas! Its setting on the lake was also beautiful and a great place to check out a boat. Their hours are convenient and open late enough for people who work to have plenty of time. If you are in the store at closing, they don't run you out like Walmart!

Someone greeted me at the door and the department I was shopping in someone asked me if I needed assistance. Overall friendly staff. I was happy. The person that assisted me during my shopping experience definitely had knowledge of the product I was looking for. Their help was much needed. There were tons of things in the department I was looking for that were related to the item in need so it was nice to have such a big selection but at the same time maybe too much for an amateur. I work nights so I appreciate business that are open later so I have more time to shop for the things I need.

Helpful employees, even calling me up when I looked at Ranger Boats online. I would recommend if you have a particular band in mind, start your search with Bass Pro Shops. With a wide variety of items sold, such as fishing and hunting, they have a very informed crew. I am usually focused on fishing equipment, but I do have an interest in guns and ammo. I can spend a lot of time wandering the aisles.

I've never been disappointed in the selection. One of my sons gave me a gift card for Bass Pro Shops for Father's Day. I'm looking forward for the next time I'm in Cincinnati so I can indulge my hobby. They have normal business hours. I go online a lot to "window shop." The closest store is an hour away so I don't run to shop there very often. Usually, it takes a planned stop while in Cincinnati, Ohio for some other reason.

The customer service here was awesome. Very nice and helpful employees. They were also very knowledgeable about products found in the store which was awesome and helpful for me. I love when a sales person is knowledgeable. Great selection of consumer goods. Love this store overall. Never disappoint me. Would recommend to a friend. Had a huge variety of everything you need. Pretty good hours they have. It would be so cool if they were 24 hours. That would be so awesome but the hours they are open are great. Love this store and would for sure come back.

They were very friendly and willing to help me find exactly what I wanted. My sale was rung up very quickly and correct. I felt they valued me as a customer. The clerk seemed to know the store layout and the merchandise very well. He went the extra mile to find me just exactly what I was looking for. He even offered me promotion I was not aware of. There were plenty of choices of high quality merchandise. I always find what I want at this store. I never have to return merchandise because of faulty workmanship. Their hours fit very well with my shopping needs. The brand is close to my home and the hours fit very well with my schedule. I like their later hours.

Bass Pro Shops Company Profile