3.8/5 (204 ratings)

About Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bass Pro Shops?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We purchased the boat and cover from Bass Pro Shops in May of 2022. We didn’t take the cover on and off much. When we did try to put the cover back on after using the boat in August, the cover ripped inside the stitching. We contacted Bass Pro Shops. They said they would forward the pictures to warranty. After several follow-up emails, they responded 2 weeks later and said ‘Warranty has denied this cover to be covered under warranty and stated that it looked like it was stressed in that spot.’ We did not over-stress the cover. We were just putting it back on the normal way when it tore. Very disappointing that they can’t stand behind their products especially the expensive ones.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Bought a package of clothing items and it was in the clearance area (several) all with orange sale stickers. After buying a pack and thinking I was getting a deal I peeled off the sale sticker of 18.97 to find the original price shown as 12.50. To me this is just fraud, you don’t mark up an item and then claim it’s on clearance.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2022

My husband and I purchased a new Tracker fishing boat. Like everything else these days it had to be ordered and you wait. I have never had such an AWESOME group of salesmen, financing and service people to work with. Allan ** was the best salesman and kept us informed every step of the process and would answer my questions immediately and never made me feel like I was bothering him. Once the boat was in John ** and Jay ** in service went above and beyond to get our boat ready. We live an hour and half away and can only come in on Saturdays and if it wasn't for the service department we would have been waiting and extra week!! John ** in finance was also the best to work with. He was so great at getting all my paperwork together and also stepped up to get this done a week quicker!!

This review is long but I really could go on and on about how anyone wishing to purchase a boat should go to BassPro in Morgantown, WV. You will not be disappointed and you will feel like you are not just a customer but a friend. I plan on stopping back anytime I can just to keep in touch!! BassPro, you have an awesome team and need to be commended!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

My name is Yudisley **, I bought a package with Bluegreen Vacations at the Bass Pro Shop facilities in Las Vegas NV, I want you to know that everything is a lie when buying a package. They don't tell you that when you win the trip you have to go, forced to have a chat if they don't charge you the regular price of the room per night, they paint it very nicely after you pay for the package when you make the confirmation with the hotel is that they tell you but you already paid, in my case for not losing 200. Now I have to pay 500. I think it's a scam.

I arrived 15 minutes after the schedule and they don't answer me because they didn't have staff in Spanish. If you register with your partner you have to go both or else they don't answer you either, anyway you lose money, when it comes to selling they don't tell you and there's no option left, they just told me that I could win a vacation in Florida for 6 people. They never talk about that requirement and that if you don't comply they charge you for the hotel plus what you pay, Liars, Scammers.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Well, I felt compelled to write this review. I ordered a firearm by telephone. I had to pay for it using a gift card, their system has problems with bank debit cards. Then I don't ever hear anything from them unless I call them. After 6 days I do not have a receipt, bill of sale or order confirmation. I think I bought something? When you do call them, they act like you are the problem and not them. They make all kinds of excuses for why your purchase has not moved along. One store knows nothing about another store yet they are all under the Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's umbrella. They are rather rude. Now remember, I bought something. This is very lousy customer service and terrible business practices. Boy, the United States of America and people can't do their simple job. I doubt they will get anymore of my business and honestly, they need to better themselves, or go out of business.

Original review: June 12, 2022

The worst online order process. My online order was canceled by them without any notifications. I only learned about it about a week later. They completely unprofessional the way of doing business and the reason of canceling because the shipping address was different from billing address. No email, no phone call and after that they hang up on me twice. Stay away if you need your order in timely matter.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered the Livescope System Lvs34 online when BassPro listed it as "in stock". I received an email saying my item will be shipped soon. I waited a few days before I contacted BassPro regarding my shipping dates. Guess what? They said my order is currently on a backorder list. I confronted them saying that it was in stock when I ordered. They said it might be a system error.

I felt like I was being trick. I had to cancel my order from Mygreenoutdoors.com because I thought BassPro had the item in stock. I think this is a horrible way of doing business. You should not listed an item "in stock" when it's not. And Basspro should not allowed custom to proceed into finishing the transaction if the item is not in stock.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I bought a rain suit on the Bass Pro shop site and then found it on Amazon for $13 cheaper. I tried to cancel the order in less than 30 mins and they told me it was too late. Their policy is you have to take it to a local Fedex and show a return code and then will be charged a $7.50 fee. I have been a Bass Pro customer since 1985 and will never buy another product from them again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

I purchased a 22 rifle online and had rifle sent to Independence Mo Bass Pro. I Filled out paperwork then informed the background check should be done in 2 days so after 3 days and no email or call, I checked on it and then informed it wasn't cleared yet and could take up to 30 days which was never stated on the online site. Even though this is suppose to be bass pro policy not Missouri law so I tried to cancel order and was denied. Even though Missouri law States if background check ain't sent back then they can release the rifle in 3 days. Employees were polite but policies going contradictory to State laws should be stated before selling.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I ordered 2 shirts online for a gift. Received them but one was sent in the wrong size. I contacted them through online chat and was told the shirt wasn't in stock. I believe their website wasn't updated when I ordered and that's why they sent the wrong size. They will not give me a credit to purchase another shirt until the shirt is returned even though they admit it was their mistake. This will be way passed the time I needed it for a gift.

Bass Pro Shops Company Information