adidas

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Jianping of Catonsville, MD on

I put an order of Adidas shoes 5 days ago, only received an email that told they did have the shoes in stock and needed do back order at the time. 5 days past, I would like to know the progress of my order. But no any response from them after I sent an email them. The customer service was terrible, their management was also terrible too. I will tell people that I know never buy their products again.

No of Stockton, CA on

I bought Adizero 5-star 6.0 cleats size 7.5 for my little brother last week on Sunday around 10 pm, it got shipped the next morning and arrived by Thursday. Bought Adizero 5-star 6.0 cleats size 4 for my other little brother on Tuesday this week around 10 pm again. It's 6:33 am Thursday and the cleats haven't even been shipped. I need those to be here by Saturday to be used on Sunday at 10 am for my lil brother's first day of Football Camp for their team. They need cleats or can't be in!!! I'm just going to cancel the order and find a store that has the Adizero 5-star 6.0 cleats size 4 near me even if it's 50 miles away. I'm going to have to do it for the sake of my little brother to be in his camp for his team otherwise it's going to be suck.

Grant of Sydney, Other on

I have been a consumer and fan of ADIDAS since I was a kid. Now at 43 I still am a consumer and fan. At the moment I think ADIDAS have leapfrogged the competition in their shoe range. For me the Flux Tech and Xeno range are a breath of fresh air. Today I own 3 pairs and my personal opinion is that the Climacool range are the pinnacle in shoe design and comfort. Unfortunately the Springblade didn't, I am not alone in saying that they had problems with the blade's tread, I bought the Springblade because it was an eye-catching and it was ADIDAS. I haven't bought any other brand for a long time.

Getting back to Springblade's design floor is that they have no give in the blades in my opinion. I wore them maybe 15 times and on both shoes the blades split in the same position on the pair about where the arch on the foot begins. This is the only time that I've had defect in anything ADIDAS and will not stop me buying your product or endorsing to others. Like I said I've been wearing ADIDAS since seeing Run DMC and not in anyway trying to get back what I spent. I'm sure you appreciate that your customer's feedback. Thank you.

Wenhui of Sammamish, WA on

The Adidas clearance store in this outlet is really bad! Today, I just wanted to buy three pair shoes for my relatives but there was a salesman said, "You cannot buy anyone. I think you resell these shoes". My god! I feel amazing! Then I said "You can check my card purchase history in your store. I only bought a T-shirt on two months from your store. I won't resell anything from your store". But the salesman didn't check my purchase history. I don't know why the salesman think I will resell these shoes? How they prove that? Just because I want to buy three rather than one? I saw other people bought more than three and even more. I think I got discrimination from the salesman. He only see my skin color and my language to refuse me to buy.

La Tunya of Rancho Cucamonga, CA on

I ordered my son a pair of Dame 3's. On May 2, 2017 got an email confirmation. Just got an email today on 5/15/17 stating that my order was canceled due to the fact that the shoes was not in the warehouse. I never received an email or call letting me know that they did not have the shoes. This very poor customer service and very unprofessional to have a customer waiting on an order and you never let them know you don't have the shoes in stock. I will all of my friends know do not order from Adidas again. If I could give them a 0 star rating I would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about adidas?

Eunice of Morton Grove, IL on

Customer Service = nonexistent and very difficult to return if you don't have an actual Adidas store nearby you. Luckily, my city has an Adidas, so I was able to return the shoes, but even the cash register person knew about how Adidas does NOT give RECEIPTS or return shipping labels when they mail you a package. The Adidas store employee asked me to show me the email since receipts are not given. This is very strange that a company this big does not provide receipts when they send packages. Also, when you go into their website to try to return a product, a link is provided, but this link sends you in circles and never gets you to a return page. There is something very fishy about this company.

tara haven of Tarpon Springs, FL on

Feb 13th ordered custom cleats for my son. Was sent a confirmation the same day saying the order was successfully made and I would get a tracking number when they were shipped. It was custom so I knew it would be 4-6 weeks. With the tracking number for the order (not the shipping) my son was able to go on their website and check the progress. Every time it said in progress but not shipped.

Finally called today since we are almost at the 6 weeks and was told, “The order was cancelled.” Never received an email stating this nor does the tracking of the progress say it in fact it says still in progress. Cannot talk to corporate because they are in a meeting. What a joke. Asked if they could rush another order and was told, “No.” The representative was very understanding but hands tied and could do nothing. Adidas should seriously consider firing whoever set up their ordering systems and get their corporate people to answer the phone!!! Will NEVER order Adidas again. Nike is much better!!!

John of New Orleans, LA on

As the above subject line states: DO NOT BUY Custom Shoes from Adidas, aka miadidas, EVER! My experience started with the purchase of a pair of Custom-Made Adidas Superstar. Loved the shoe I designed. I was pumped. They were exactly what I had been looking for! Later that day I got an email telling me that my order had been received by the warehouse, and it would now take 6-8 weeks to complete the shoes from start to finish, and then they would ship out.

The following day I learned that the miadidas Superstar usually run up a size, and can also be kind of narrow, so I immediately called customer service to see if they could change the size and also widen my shoe for me considering this was "custom-order." The woman I spoke with was very polite and explained that orders can't be changed or edited once they have been received. I asked her to just go ahead and cancel my order to which she apologized and informed me that orders could not be cancelled either… "So now I'm just stuck with a pair of shoes that may or may not fit me?" As polite as the lady was, she could not argue with me on that. She apologized once more and gave me the number for their Consumer Relations Department.

The Consumer Relations Department is the one Customer Service is recommending I speak with to see about getting my problem fixed. After waiting a long time on hold, I finally speak with an associate. I start to explain my situation and before I can even finish my sentence he cuts me off and says, "Sir, there's nothing we can do, sorry, but there isn't." I asked him the same question I asked customer service, "... so you're telling me that I'm now stuck with a custom-made pair of shoes that most likely will not fit me?" His response (in a very curt tone), "Yes, yes that's what's going to happen."

Now it's at this point that I ask to speak with his supervisor to which he responds, "It still doesn't matter, we can't change anything. Neither can she." I asked him, again, to please put his supervisor on the phone. He puts me on hold and l wait, till finally the Supervisor, Michelle, picks up the phone and says, "Yes Sir?" I begin to explain my problem, to which she cuts me off and said the same thing, "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do." That's it. No other options presented, no explanations, just sorry but I can't help you, you're stuck with your order. Man, to think that this is the place Customer Service sends you when they cannot remedy your problem.

I ask to speak with her supervisor, she says she doesn't have one. I told her, “I find that it hard to believe that you are the end-all be-all of Adidas.” She just continues to repeat, “Sorry can't help you,” “There is no one above me,” etc. At this point I am frustrated for two reasons, one, for being treated like I don't matter by cutting me off and interrupting, and two, for not trying to assist me in any way shape or form. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. At this point, I demand to speak with her supervisor and she says, "No I don't have one" and then hangs up on me. Seriously. Just disconnects the call.

For the decision-makers at Adidas, I would like to suggest that on miadidas, a pop-up window appears, right before you pay, and tells you the details of what's about to happen. How the second you click order, that's it, no coming back and no changes. The other thing is, try to train your Consumer Relations Department to not be so robotic. To come up with a couple options or explanations as to why the problem cannot be resolved. I mean show some form of care, even if it's the slightest.

Jules of Edina, MN on

I called and emailed several times to get help with sizing for a customized shoe, and got three different, vague and uninformed answers from the representatives at Adidas. I finally decided on size 5.5, but accidentally entered "5" and submitted the order. I IMMEDIATELY called Customer Service and was told she would cancel the order for me so I could reorder the correct size. NEVER HAPPENED! Instead I got emails saying the order can't be changed since it is custom. I had called LITERALLY 5 SECONDS after I placed the order! I have called the company and explained this to several levels of management types, and they will not budge! Everyone I talked to was completely cold and uncaring. It was unbelievable! Adidas customer service is APPALLING!

Horace of Merced, CA on

I bought the Yeezy 350 v2 bred and the shoes is all scratch up and all messed up. Box was ripped in half and everything was just all messed up. Finally got my hand on some yeezy and they are all ** up. No receipt for my purchase. No proof of purchase. Nothing. Worse company I ever dealt with.

nan of Long Island City, NY on

I bought an NMD OG which is my dream shoes and waited for about 1 year on 01/14. When I open the package, I received a tubular X PK with a wrong size and wired color. The only thing customer service can do is sending me a return label and return my money. I am so disappointed about the experience with on-line shop with Adidas. Why this thing happens when the item is limited edition? And if I bought Yeezy, Adidas can still send me a ** and return my money back? This is so so disappointed me, I cannot trust Adidas anymore, and the customer service does not care about my feeling, that makes things worse.

Daniel of Encinitas, CA on

What a God AWFUL experience. All out worst company to order from online possible. For a multi-billion dollar corporation they truly do not have their ** together. I ordered a product on 1/17 and paid the extra 15 for the expedited shipping which said my product would arrive in 1-2 business days. 2 days later it is 1/19 and the product is still being packaged in the warehouse. I called in to ask customer service about it and they said the product will be delivered in 3-4 business days which is a sharp contrast with the 1-2 day deliver window given when purchased.

I asked for the order to be cancelled as I will be out of the country in 3-4 days, but they said they are unable to do that, even though website clearly says the package has not even been packed yet. Truly a shame and extremely depressing that this is how a company as large as ADIDAS works. At the same time I have logged into Amazon and ordered the same product and am receiving it tomorrow. Thank you Adidas for being a waste of time.

Yuhang of Springfield, OH on

My first shoes ordered by 11/25/16, order number is **, total $68.38 and size 7.5. I called the customer service asked if I can exchange to a small size, they told me "they do not offer product exchanges. I have to return my product within 30 days using the free returns option for a full credit and re-order my replacement item". Then I ordered my second shoes by 12/10/16, order number is **, total cost $56.31, size 7.0. When I received my package it looks not a brand new shoes. It's dirty sole and black spot on the shoes. I tried to contact with customer service again, and just returned second day!!! I returned both of my orders 12/13/2016 in UPS store, Tracking number: **, and wait for my refund.

Until to the end of the December, I didn't get any refund so I tried to contact them. I email them over 10 times and they never reply to me. (Every email will create an case number, and my REQUEST NUMBER for each email are: **. And Adidas NEVER reply to me, NEVER.) Then, I called them for many times, sometimes they were nice but mostly they were rude!! And the only answer they gave me was to wait, I've been wait for a whole month, and they told me they didn't know how to help me because they could find my return order. Then I went to the UPS store today to check my order tracking detail. My return order delivered by Friday 12/16/2016 11:50 AM, received by **. But I didn't get my refund so far, and I'm so tired to contact with them. They don't want to help me at all, so sad.

Bryan of Edmonton, AB on

Purchased two custom shoes Nov 30, 2016. I received one pair in mid-December on time. Regarding the other pair, I have been calling the customer service line throughout December and it would hang up the phone after a lengthy recording. I have sent emails and not one response. I finally got through to someone in Jan on the phone with promise to check on the status and get back to me by end of day and no response. I paid a high price for customized shoes and Adidas Canada has FAILED to send me my full order within a reasonable time frame and with next to no customer service or update as to what is going on with my order. They have failed to be accessible or to respond to my many attempts to contact them.

melanie of Bronx, NY on

I placed an order on 12/16 which was supposed to be a Christmas gift. I received a confirmation email my order was received and I should expect it before 12/24. I have called a few times asking for my order which was never shipped and the representative says she will email the warehouse to ask about the order and I will get another email with an update. It is now 01/06/17 and I have not received my order or any email about it. My bank account was charged the day I placed the order. I cannot even cancel my order and get my money back since according to the Adidas rep when it's in process it cannot be cancelled at all.

Unless after it is shipped I can only return it. I am very very upset at this service. After all of this is done I'll never shop again through this website. As much as I like Adidas if I ever buy again their merchandise it will be through another vendor. I told people I know of my experience and they were also in shock of how terrible Adidas is handling the situation. I never reviewed any other store I shopped from before. I'm so upset I had to do it this one time.

Miss of San Antonio, TX on

I am a first time online shopper of Adidas and am highly disappointed. I am what some would call a "sneakerhead" and am ALWAYS buying shoes. Mostly NIKE's. However, I own a couple of FLUX's and fell in love with a pair on the Adidas website. Needless to say since the shoe was "customized" I am unable to exchange for a bigger size. I do not want my money back, just a bigger size. I NEVER had this problem at NIKE or even ASICS, but Adidas...yes. Sad thing is I will continue to spend my money elsewhere where customer service is a priority and not the mighty dollar. On top of calling customer service and basically getting told too bad, my shoe did not come with a receipt or return slip. What company does this?

Annmarie of North Massapequa, NY on

Before sneakers arrived I tried to call this company several times to make a change right after I ordered, no one ever answered at different times of the day. Very frustrating! Tried calling to see if sneakers would arrive for Christmas, again never answering. Gave up. Sneakers arrived, they are tan and gray. The gray on the sneakers are different shades from the front to the back of the sneaker. They are a defect. Again tried to call today Customer Relations and Corporate, no answer. On phone for 50 minutes!!! What is up with this company. A disgrace! The sneakers need to be returned and I cannot get hold of anybody. Even emailed this company and they NEVER emailed back. Please help me with this. I am at my wits' end. And to add to the frustration I never received my 15 percent off that I was suppose to get. They offered it online. Thank you very much for all your care and consideration in this matter.

Dandan of College Station, TX on

I cannot find my order in my order history. I buy T-shirts on adidas.com in Dec 08, 2016. I would like to return part of my products but I cannot find the return list that I should print after I follow the return policy. This is the sixth time I contact with you. When I check my email, it said that my order has been delivered failed. But in fact I have received items. Now I want to return parts of items for disappointed quality. I cannot find my the return list that I should print. I do not know the return address. There was no receipt when I received items. My order number is **. I have call you several times, but no answer. Please contact me.

Terri of Marietta, GA on
I ordered some expensive sneakers from Adidas and they sent the wrong shoe and the wrong size too. No paperwork and have asked for a return label. Nothing!

No return label. Have been calling for 4 days. Permanent hold music. There is no customer service at all! Hard to believe that a company this bad can still be around. Now I am wondering if I will see a refund of any kind. I will make sure to take a photograph of the shoes before I ship them back. I do not trust this company!

Paul of Hilo, HI on

I ordered and paid for a pair of shoes on 12/8 with Adidas.com saying "your merchandise will ship 1 to 2 business days from your order" and delivery within 3-7 business days. It is now 9 days later (12/17) and they are still listed as "waiting to ship". I emailed customer service 3 days ago and received an auto reply saying they were "experiencing higher than normal contact volumes". I still haven't heard anything back.

Rob of Millburn, NJ on

Ordered shoes, had to return them... no way to return on site. Go to return page. Hit return and it brings you to hot deals available now. Site to return just sends you in circles. You have to drive to a store to return them and they don't come with packing slip so when you get to the store they want your credit card, a printout of your email, and the credit card you used and even then they're not happy. I see a class action suit in their future.

Gabriella of Ozone Park, NY on

I got home at 7 pm this afternoon. I was not home, but my mother was. At around 8 pm today I got an email from Adidas stating that my order was delivered at 5:53 pm and left at the front door. I live in a building and it was nowhere to be found! My doorbell should've been rung to get attention. I am very frustrated at the fact that I had to call Adidas and wait over an hour and a half to get in contact with a representative. The representative could not help me at all, so I asked to speak to a manager who told me he cannot do anything but process a lost claim form which will take 8-30 business days to investigate.

Thank you Adidas, being that you're a large company I would figure you can help assist me in getting a new package being that this is a Christmas present and receiving more details on this order/receiving a refund in 30 days is useless! I contacted my bank to dispute this transaction because I refuse to spend more money on an order I never received! Fedex was also very unhelpful because they did not require signature and also did not attempt to ring a doorbell.

Michael of Elk Grove Village, IL on

I personally run & operate a small business 7 days a week that deals with tons of shipping daily and I get it done. I ordered a track jacket & superstar shoes on Wednesday 11/30 (during very early morning A.M.) with expedited shipping. Now it's Friday 12/2 and my order still says In-Process. I was told by a Customer service rep that my order shows no negative remarks like out-of-stock or back-order. Customer service rep seemed puzzled. I was then told that it may not ship out until Monday 12/5 or maybe later. The customer service rep. didn't sound very confident with her answer. She proceed to tell me that they have had warehouse problems and it takes 1-3 business days to fill order. Adidas.com states they ship orders within 1-2 business days. This is false advertising.

Adidas is a large global company and should automatically have the capacity, just like Nike, Reebok, Foot Locker, Amazon and etc. to fulfill orders in a timely matter and update you on your order status without you contacting them first. If you are ordering items as a gift, use another shopping source if you can. For example, I also placed Adidas orders Wednesday (11/30) afternoon at Kickusa.com, shipped within 10 minutes and eBay, shipped within hours same day. Both are being delivered today (Friday 12/2). Adidas.com, you are truly unbelievable.

Li of Fresh Meadows, NY on

I ordered a pair of customized shoes as a present for someone and realized immediately after that the sizing on the Women's Superstar shoe ran one size too big. I called the customer service line in less than half an hour to ask if I would be able to edit the sizing on the order since it had not yet been processed. I was told that no edits could be made for customized orders and that an option would be for them to cancel the order so that I could reorder the shoes.

I agreed to have the order cancelled but was later told that they would be unable to cancel the order since the request was not made within 15 minutes of placing the order which is the company's timeline for requesting an order cancellation. This cancellation policy was unavailable for consumers' to view on the website and it took me at least 10 minutes of being placed on hold with the customer service line before being able to speak to a representative which made the 15 minute window for cancellation seem like an unreasonable policy. Despite this, the representative indicated the shoes would not even be processed until after the weekend. I also understood that the shoes would be unable to be returned due to customization. In the end, customer service told me there was absolutely that could be done to edit or cancel the order for a product I would be unable to return or gift.

Maja of Warsaw, Other on

I bought the Adidas Neo jacket in Polish outlet store in factory shopping center in Warsaw 11 months ago. As it is very thick winter jacket I was using it from December 2015 to March 2016. After less than 4 months of wearing it the jacket has appeared broken. The small but regular holes appeared on both sleeves along the stitches. Although the jacket looked like in the pictures below my complaint has been denied. The customer service was really unpolite, when I asked the main manager in Factory outlet store Dorota ** to send the jacket to another adjuster I was informed that it would make any sense because they were going to deny again. In fact 30 minutes later I got a refusal again on my mail.

The adjuster opinion was that the small but regular holes are made by me and this is only my fault because I badly used the jacket!!!. What is more the adjuster said that the jacket can be used although there are the holes so the complaint is groundless. I asked the main manager of all Polish outlet stores Mr. Wojciech ** to support me. As a result I got from him an information that they keep the refusal and what is more he believes his managers widely and has no doubts that the behavior of the manager Dorota ** was correct. And at the end of this story I want to show the pictures of the jacket which was badly worn by me and which can be used further despite of holes.

Cuong of Sunnyvale, CA on

Ordered a pair of shoes from addidas.com and tracking shows delivered and signed by someone not living at my residence. More than likely it was delivered to the wrong address. Contacted customer support and only offered to file a claim. Out of $200 bucks and waiting 30 days for no real resolution since they may file a claim with their carrier. This is a huge headache and disappointment.

David of Temple City, CA on

I hope everyone gets to read this but I hope no one has to go through it. Similar situation as the last reviewer but even more. Just note I called customer service (cs) many many times. I needed help with an issue on a package that I ordered. No help at all. Asked to speak with a supervisor, was not in. Called back again still not there.

Finally, called back again supervisor was there, but told me to contact consumer relations (cr). Mind you by this time I already called maybe 6 or 7 maybe even 8 times and almost 60% of the reps sounded like they were annoyed to talk to anyone and 90% sounded unhappy and would take deep sighs throughout the whole phone call. And I understand CS reps are people too; they have bad days. But really?? 90% of them?!?!?

Anyways, so I contacted CR and how is it my luck that I also got nate. And the day before I got marshal. Yeah this issue took about a week to resolve. And don't give adidas the credit, this issue still would not have been resolved if I had not contact the better business bureau. Which if the better business bureau sees this. I thank you guys so much for the help. I felt like I was an ant being played by this billion dollar company where I couldn't do anything because everyone either did not know what was going on even though I explained to them or they knew what was going on but ended up putting me as the blame and it would be my loss.

Anyways Marshal hung up on me once and nate hung up on me twice. There were disagreements voices being raised, just a lot tension on the phone. Now I admit I was getting frustrated, but you have to understand that I had to call again and again and every time I called adidas CR they blamed it on me because such a huge company couldn't do anything about their own product because of their policy, which doesn't make any sense.

So, I called and asked for an emailed version of their policy and they couldn't provide it. Anyways, next time when something goes wrong with an order from adidas and I have to contact cs or cr. I will definitely be recording my conversation and letting them know that they are being recorded. Just to show proof that I am not crazy. If there even will be a next time, probably not. Oh yeah and adidas also really likes to charge you multiple times because their website likes to tell you that your card did not go through but it actually did and they don't send you the product and make you wait a day or two even 4 to 5 days for your refund to come back... Awesome... The picture is just one example.

Janine of Ocala, FL on

I've never been so frustrated with a company to sign up here just to leave a negative review! First, we order a pair of customs. We wait weeks for them to come in, only for them to arrive with some kind of chemical smear that cannot be removed. They obviously don't have quality control. The most important aspect of this order are the iridescent features! So, I guess no one caught the error, and we got shipped a ** pair of sneakers. SMFH. Nonetheless, I called CS the second I opened the box, and the first girl to pick up, struggles through every sentence. She's so timid, she can't get through the intro, and I immediately decide I want to speak with someone who's more tenured.

The next idiot I get is named Emily. She spent the entire conversation speaking over me with such hostility, and attitude, I nearly lost my cool. I eventually asked for her supervisor only for her to claim she's her own boss with no one else above her. Last I checked, a floor supervisor is as expendable as any rep, especially with that attitude. Emily consistently ignored anything I was saying, even claiming I hadn't said a single word, and kept threatening to disconnect the call. Not one time did anyone show empathy for this error. I spent money with a company employing people who hate their job. From production, to customer service, and all the way to customer relations. I eventually connected with them (CORP. CS Relations) to file a complaint about Emily, and the rep there, Nate, also hung up on me, TWICE.

Let everyone tell it, and they are their own boss. There is no escalating, but I will eventually track down whoever I need to speak to about these reps. It's UNACCEPTABLE. They are the most unprofessional, self-serving, robotic, hostile reps I've EVER encountered in my life. This is the kind of service that brings corporations down. Customers don't become repeat customers when they know this level of care is in their future anytime they need to get an issue resolved. Adidas.com is FOR REAL garbage, just read the reviews.

sukhvinder of Mumbai, Other on

I had purchased Adidas shorts from online website India a year ago. The quality of the strips and logo pasted on my black shorts was of such poor quality that it has peeled off. The logo and the 3 strips on left side has gone... It looks very awful with only 3 strips on right side of my shorts. All this has happened in last 2 months time as I did not wear it since the first day. I like this shorts but now I don't wear it as it looks bad. Sincerely speaking I have never faced such quality issue with any of my purchases of Adidas product. I only wear this brand product for my sports and shoes. I just purchased my new red color Adidas shoes 2 days back online. All I request now is please exchange my shorts or reimburse exchange voucher for shorts. You can give it to any poor people you want. For me it's a loss of my investment made on Adidas product purchased... I await a positive reply and response from such a big sports brand.

J of Edgewater, NJ on

They simply don't have their act together. First of all, I am a ShopRunner customer so this entitles me to expedited shipping since Adidas decided to partner with them. NONE of my 4 orders have shipped out using this benefit even though I signed into my SR & Adidas account AND the item purchased was marked as SR eligible.

Before I discovered SR was offered with Adidas purchases I made a purchase and paid a $5 expediting fee to guarantee 2 day ship. They failed there as well... evidently they don't clearly disclose the fact that they allow themselves 2-3 days to prep your order before the ship time. They do however disclose quite boldly on their site orders placed before noon will ship same day. So which is it and why aren't you saying something clearer to the customer like pay $5 and get your items in a week and that's what we at Adidas consider as expedited shipping.

To make matters worse in every instance I contacted them directly and respectfully addressed the issue. It is like speaking to a brick wall, they take no accountability in their actions. They have no concept of servicing the customer properly. They are Adidas and they just don't care... deflect, deflect, deflect with a side order of major attitude. My suggestion to all... DON'T buy online, just go to the Adidas store. At the store, I find the customer service to be very good to excellent.

adidas Company Profile