1.10/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

129 adidas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I ordered a pair of Adidas shoes directly from their website. Arrived but did not fit properly. Per their return policy you need to print a return label. First I called the 1-800 number. Was told there was a long wait for the holiday season (it's August???) but could leave my # and would get a call in 20 minutes. Never got a call. Second, I went to the website to print a return label. Submitted by request, got an error message that that function was not available due to website maintenance (rest of the website was working fine). Third, tried the live chat. Got a bunch of pre-canned responses, no ability to actually carry out a live chat with a customer service rep. Responses directed me back to the non-working #1 and #2 above. Fourth, tried an email - still awaiting a response. BEWARE OF BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I tried to correct a mistake prior to the package shipping. It was on a Sunday - yesterday. They told me that I had to call FEDEX- I called FEDEX and they told me they didn't even pick it up yet. I have been wearing Adidas since I was a boxer back in 1987. This was the first time I bought from Adidas.com. It will be the last. I am now thinking of switching to another brand. With technology the way it is today I found it hard to believe that they can only change an order within 15 minutes. I used to feel bad for other companies because I have been buying on Amazon. I will continue to buy from Amazon, they have their act together and their technology is far superior. Maybe Adidas is on the way out like Toys-R-Us.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Returned a pair of shoes on July 19, never heard anything. So emailed the company, and they wanted proof of delivery from UPS. I provided that immediately and again didn’t get a response. Finally called them and was told UPS must have changed the tracking number so they were unable to verify receiving the item. Now it was sent to the refund department, and was told it could take at least a month to resolve. I will never order shoes from here again! After reading all of these reviews, I see I am not alone. Adidas needs to do better when you’re paying a lot of money for their product. Unacceptable customer service!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Sent shoes back for a credit in the beginning of MAY! We're now about to be in AUGUST & I still HAVE YET to get any sort of credit. Called customer service today, they said it just got to corporate and should have to wait another 3-5 weeks to receive my credit. This is ridiculous. Will NEVER order or return anything online again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered 2 pair of NMD Prime Knit Shoes on May 17. I received 12 pairs of toddler's shoes. I contacted them, talked to supervisor which said that they could only give me return label and I have to re-order my shoes, which deals was already expired and sizes were gone. I wasn't happy but I returned them anyway in June. And up to today, I still don't have my refund! I called, emailed, chatted, I did everything. It is so hard to contact them thru call, most of the times line is busy. When I did, one of the cs tried to help me, and he said that the first cs who issued the return label did not attach it to the order, thus refund was not processed. Time passed, I still didnt have my refund, I emailed them and was told that the management rejected the refund because it's more than 2 months!!! WTH... I'm so mad now. I'm preparing to take it to my cc to dispute it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about adidas?

Original review: July 25, 2018

This was my first time ordering online thru adidas.com - I had a 15% off for new clients and bought sale items. Adidas ended up double charging me for my order and I ended up returning 4 out of the 5 items I purchased. I've called 3x about the double charge - customer service said they had to send it to "Corporate" and I should receive my refund in 10 business days. My refund is still not posted. I called today and the representative said the department that handles refunds never got my refund request.

I still have not received a refund for the items I returned; online it says my return was processed and should receive credit by July 19 - I still don't have the credit. The representative today said it's PayPal's fault and it takes up to 30 days, yet she can't see in the system where it says I will receive a refund. What a joke of a system. I'm so frustrated with Adidas and it's being a waste of my time to continue calling and be put on hold and have them research my issue and get a different story every time. Will NEVER purchase from Adidas ever again.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I placed several orders during their 4th of July sale. In first 2 orders, I only ordered shoes. They arrived on time and in good condition, however, in my last 2 orders, I ordered shoes & other accessories together and they both missed a pack of sock in my last 2 orders. When I found it at the beginning, I contact their agent via online chat. It took 30 minutes to wait in line, and he told me he can't re-send the missed item. I have to place a new order, but he already send the request to their warehouse. He told me I'll get the refund in 7 business day. So, I placed it again but I haven't receive any refund or heard anything from them until now and it was on Jun 30.

After I placed the new order for my missing sock, I placed another order with shoe & 2 pack of socks for my friend who lives in overseas, however, when I opened the package, I found they missed 1 pack of sock again. (I did make a video while I open the box), I try to use their live chat again, and it get crashed. I called their customer services line, have to wait about 20 minutes (that's what the voice message said, I guess probably have to wait longer). I leave a message to their Twitter, I wrote a mail to them, none of these methods can reach out them or get a reply.

The 1st missed item order happened on Jun 30. The 2nd missed item order happened on July 7 (these are the date I get the package). I tried to contact them immediately, but it seems they have a big problem. 2 packs of sock probably only cost $11 when it's on sale, but it really feel sucks when they have this kind of services, and I didn't buy this stuff for myself. These are just my overseas friends whom I'll visited in Oct. I don't know what to do since they never reply. I probably just let it go and never shop on their website anymore.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I ordered 4 FIFA jersey online and only received 3. Called the customer services and was on hold for 45 minutes and I hanged up. Called the next day and reached out a life person after 30 minutes. Was told she will submit a case to FedEx for a claim for missing item. I have to wait for 30 days for the decision. Who know after 30 days if the item will still in stock or not. The customer services is rude. I will never place any order to adidas.com.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I had the same problem as several others reported here. I've placed order and after many days I have not received any tracking information updated, there is a tracking number, and shown Just Shipped. I tried to place a new order, however, my item is on sale, and my size already out of stock. So I tried to email to Adidas customer service, and with no response. I tried the online live chat, but can't connect to an agency. On the phone I've called dozens of times and right now total waiting time over an hour. This is insanely disrespectful. There is no way I can't reach Adidas, so I called to FedEx, and they said the shipping label created, but the package haven't picked up by them yet, so the package should be in Adidas's warehouse. Hey come on Adidas, you are famous, please spend more money to improve your customer service. You don't care about your customer at all. Do you know how much times I waste because of your mistake?

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had the same problem as several others reported here. I've made a purchase and after many days I have not received the tracking number yet. On the site the information is that the order has been confirmed and waiting to be packed. Since always. Now the product is sold out in their website. I tried to get in touch by all the ways they suggest. Twitter no one answers. In the chat no one returns contact. On the phone I've called dozens of times and right now I'm waiting 45 minutes. This is insanely disrespectful. Sad to see such a famous company treat their customers that way. Adidas never again. I've never had such a problem with Nike.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Ordered my daughter a pair of women's volleyball shoes from adidasonline.us - - do NOT order from this website. After 3 weeks, shoes came - nothing like we ordered. Wrong size, wrong shoe - a running shoe came, not even a mix up on a volleyball shoe style. The return should be at their expense, but they will not take a return other than me pay for it. I'm told the warehouse messed up and now they are out of what we ordered. The only 'good' gesture was to offer me 15% refund. Yet, now I have to go buy volleyball shoes and spend more. Terrible service!

Original review: June 20, 2018

After 10 days, my order still hasn't been shipped. I had to cancel and kept on following for my refund, they said 21 days then 30 days. CRAZY! Even other merchants refund in just 3-5 banking days. Not even an apology for the hassle!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have a nice pair of Adidas casual shoes that suddenly one shoe changed its color from navy blue into dark gray. Now I have a early new pair of shoes that each in a different color. I wrote to Adidas CS and (surprisingly) received an immediate reply with request for pictures of the product ID and the defect of the shoes. I sent Adidas the requested information over 10 days ago but have not heard a word since; not even an acknowledgment that they received my emails.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered a pair of typical Adidas trail running shoes online at Adidas.com. I was told they had 75 pair in stock and would ship the next day. After 8 days I began to wonder why they hadn't emailed me a tracking number yet. Tried email no response after 3 days. Tried calling, they simply don't answer the phone. I left my phone on speaker for 25 minutes at one point. They never answered. I eventually had to cancel the VISA card I placed the order with to prevent them from billing me. It's been a month and still have not heard a word from Adidas. I guess they just want your money and that's the end of the deal as far as they are concerned. And FYI their 100% satisfaction return policy is just for store credit. You cannot get a refund for any reason whatsoever, even never receiving it.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Order a Miadidas & supposed to receive it in 4 to 6 week. It's been over 7 week & nothing yet. Called them couple of time & threw me some fake information. Called them after a few days and now will be ship 8 week after. Bought this shoes April 12 & will ship June 13. They haven't respect the shipment days. Will go on vacation on June 3rd & thought would received it before but unfortunately won't. They could have done something for me to get it before that but they are too lazy for that. Maybe this will be the last time I deal with them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes in November and never got the shoes, I have been in contact with Adidas since then and never got my refund, I even went thru customer relations where they denied my request for a refund saying the shoes were signed and delivered but when I checked my Adidas order tracker on adidas.com it still said not delivered, I check UPS and They also say LOST PACKAGE so I called again and the person I spoke to said there's nothing they can do. Call UPS because UPS let Adidas know the package was signed for and delivered, I call UPS and they say the package is lost and Adidas should refund me soon and there's nothing else they can do. So I'm just being tossed back and forth between companies, meanwhile it's been 6 months so I can't file a claim thru my credit card so I'm out the $275. Never shopping at Adidas again, I spent $3000+ on adidas.com last year alone, Nike treats and value their customers way better.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We have had no response from Adidas customer service following problems with an online order for over 2 weeks. The telephone agents have told us that they can’t do anything and have deferred to head office. They have also told us that they can call us back and that we have to keep calling them. I’ve also sent emails with no response about the issue. I order many items online and this is a level of poor service that doesn’t exist with other sports companies including Nike, Under Armour and Lululemon.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Adidas, doesn't care if their product, breaks or has a flaw that cause their product to prematurely crack and become useless. Customer service isn't poor, its worst than poor. Bought product from Direct Sports, notified them of the issue and they told us to notify Adidas about the issue, submitted form online explaining what happen and that was a big advocate of their product. That this item must of had a flaw or a defect in manufacturing and could they please help rectify the situation please.

A few days later get a response they were sorry that we were dissatisfied with their product and to contact #. Called the number and it was Dicks sporting goods customer service. We bought the bat at Direct Sports, so I sent a email back to Adidas informing them, no response! Submitted other forms asking for help and clarification, and nothing back. Have been a big Advocate for Adidas Product, but after seeing their lack of customer care, Fact is they didn't even want to investigate to make sure they don't have real problem with a product, that could harm sales? Sad.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Wow, I am extremely disappointed with my experience at Adidas. I ordered a pair of Ultra Boost laceless online as a V-day gift. Not only did they arrive late which I was not upset about but when I got home the package wasn’t there. I thought it was a mistake so I called them all week and they assured me that the FedEx driver dropped it off. They opened up an investigation and called the driver. Of course he said he left it at the door. But the representative told me that the driver’s writing wasn’t very clear and he tried to write he took it to the wrong address and then back to a facility. The driver denied it however. They told me to wait 30 days while they investigate so I did. Another representative told me that FedEx has been stealing a lot of packages and that this happens often so they will change couriers. That made me feel like I had hope!!!

30 days passed and no one contacted me so I called and they tell me since 30 days passed I have to wait for an email and can’t talk about this to them on the phone! So ridiculous. So now almost 3 months later I finally receive an email stating that FedEx has denied this investigation so therefore they won’t give me a refund or my merchandise. I find it so disrespectful that such a big company behaves this way. And they can’t even face you.

I will never order from Adidas again. They don’t care about their customers. They keep thinking because they’re paying celebrities to support this brand, they don’t have to treat us regular customers with respect. We choose to spend our hard earned money on Adidas for them to treat us like garbage. Now I’m out of the money and the merchandise. Never again!! P.S: When I wrote a review on their actual website to warn others, they did not want to post it and emailed me that this didn’t meet their review guidelines. So Basically they only post the good reviews. What a trash and deceiving company this is.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchased jogging pants and jacket for 4 year old and the quality is so poor, after wearing it a couple times, the fabric was so pilled, felt and looked disgusting. Bought it from store not online. Not sure I trust Adidas quality.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Found a great-looking pair of black and orange Adidas high tops -- apparently, straight from the company's site. Ordered March 14. After a few weeks, I asked where they were. A non-native English speaker responded with semi-intelligible language, telling me sorry and they'll will get right on it. Something finally arrived, and it was a completely different show -- brown and you can't even tell it's Adidas. Based on everyone else's experience, I'm not expecting satisfaction. I think they have no idea of what actual show I wanted, and if they do it'll be a long time waiting. Just wish I could reclaim my money spent.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had been a loyal adidas customer until now. Long story short, my order hasn't been delivered, maybe stolen. For the past 3.5 months I have called adidas, filed claims, spent hours talking to incompetent reps. Every time I was told I will get a response back within 7-10 business days, I have never gotten any response. So after 5 filed claims, hours on the phone, 3.5 months waiting for my refund, I found out today that my claim was officially declined. So I didn't get my order, paid over $100 for it, and at this point my bank cannot help me disputing this charge 'cause it has been too long. ADVICE: If you haven't gotten your order, filed a claim, and haven't heard back from adidas, dispute your charge right away. Adidas doesn't care about you not receiving your order, it only cares about getting your money.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I just read an entire page of derogatory reviews and comments about ordering shoes from Adidas online and their customer service. I was surprised, as I have had only good experiences from ordering, shipping, and their customer service. I have ordered basketball shoes numerous times from their online store. The transactions were smooth and trouble free. Shipping was prompt and timely, and product arrived in perfect condition. On one occasion I wanted to return a pair of primeknit basketball shoes and get the same shoe in a larger size. One call to Adidas customer service produced an emailed free return label and the replacement arrived within a few days. I'm sorry those people seemed to have such problems, but I have been 100% satisfied with their products and service. This review was not solicited in any way, I just wanted to show that the terrible service described on that page is just the opinion of a few.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My son saved his money to purchase a very expensive pair of NMD_R2 PRIMEKNIT SHOES. He was so thrilled to receive them and wore them the very next day. Before he even got to lunch, his foot came through the front of the shoe causing him to fall in the hall at school. How does that even happen? One of his teachers even called to let me know that he was not being crazy and that his foot just went through the shoe while he had stopped at the water fountain. She said she had “never seen anything like it.” He was devastated when he got home and of course we called Adidas. We took pictures, submitted claims, returned the shoes. We followed each of their process steps as directed. It is the end of March! They have had the claim started since January 17th. They have had the shoes in their possession for well over a month. We have received no response, no shoes and no refund of any sort.

This was our first experience with Adidas. We have always purchased Nike. Let me say we have had a few times where there were problems with their shoes. Even a few times where he wore the shoe and it was just not very comfortable. In all cases, we returned the product. It takes no time to return because they include a return label. Within an hour of dropping off the packaged shoes with the included return label, I am issued a credit on my credit card. Again, the credit is issued within hours. No pictures, no repeat follow-up to status with customer service, just an immediate credit. Unlike Adidas where we are counting months and still no communication or resolution. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered two pairs of NMDs, one women's Size and ones men’s size 11.5, and they were shipped with one tracking number on Feb 11th. Got a notification they were both delivered on Feb 14th. Opened my door and there was a tiny package big enough to fit only one shoe. Opened it and only the women’s NMD was inside but the packing label said both were to be in there. I don’t know how a men’s size 11.5 would have fit. I called customer service on the 14th and got a nice guy who probably was new. Told him that both shoes were supposed to be delivered but the box only contained the women’s NMD. He put in a lost item claim and told me it would take 3-5 days for them to get back.

Called back on the 22nd because I didn’t hear anything. Spoke with another nice lady. She said that it would take 8-30 days for them to get back with an answer and that she saw a claim had been filed. Called today, March 19th, because I haven’t heard anything. Spoke with a lady who said that an actual claim wasn’t filed until the 25th of Feb and I would have to wait 30 days from that. She then goes on to say that the real claim is one filed with FedEx and they determine what should be done. Hold up so she is telling me that it’s FedEx's fault that the NMDs weren’t in that box and they make a decision.

FedEx in my opinion did nothing wrong. They delivered a package on time from Adidas. Whoever packed and labeled the shoes for Shipment should be the ones at fault. When you look up the label created for Shipment it even says only one item was in the box and only one tracking number was created for both the shoes.

So now it’s been a month of no shoes, which were a gift, and no refund and the decision lies completely with FedEx.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I woke up at 3 am to order a pair of limited Ultraboost LTD shoes. I happen to snag a pair, and upon receiving the shoes, I noticed that the cage was cracked where the laces were. So I call Adidas and get the most unprofessional support. First off, Adidas must be just hiring anyone for their customer service because the representatives you talk to do not sound professional. Even the supervisor I requested to talk to didn't give a care in the world about my issue. All he could offer me was to return the shoes and gave me a 15% discount code.

Now mind you, they have a FULL stock release in EU and AU, yet they can't even ship me out a replacement after not making sure QA did their job before my shoes came to me. By far the worst customer service from Adidas. They showed that they didn't even want to perform well and beyond to even help me out a little bit. Super disappointed but can't do much now. Just my experience with their customer service and relations department.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My family and I have been Adidas customers for over 15 years. I recently placed an Adidas order online, and spent almost $300 with them. My box arrived today smashed, tampered with, and then re-taped with tape that said “tampered evident tape.” One of the tops I purchased had a large brown tape stuck on it, which damaged it upon taking it off. I called customer service, at first they said they cannot do anything about it, I would have to email corporate. I asked for a supervisor, and I’ll she offered was 20% off item. I am sickened by this. They expect me to waste my time, waste my gas, repackage and label, and a box that I don’t even have because it arrived smashed, all to just return it and remake another order on my time, when this should not have happened in the first place. They clearly do not care for their customers and seem very stingy. Not sure if I’ll be shopping with them again after this awful experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018 Placed an order with Adidas December 5th, 2017. FedEx has marked the package as damaged and not delivered, today we are February 9th, 2018. I have called Adidas 12 times, files complains and emailed corporate and they still haven’t resolve the issue or contacted FedEx, they never follow up, not even with a email.

Now Adidas still have my $196 for almost 3 months, FedEx still have the damage package. And I have no idea what to do next. Please help.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I placed an order online, but the order didn’t process. A page came up saying something went wrong. I checked my bank account and the money for my order was on hold. I checked my email for a confirmation and there was nothing. I called customer service. The lady asked if I was a new customer. I was. She said they go through a third party for orders and because I’m a new customer I needed to call my credit card company and have them verify my identity with these people. That verification would probably come in the form of three questions. (What???)

I’ve never encountered anything like that in my life. I’ve been ordering online for years. I called my bank and they were just as confused. They made a point to tell me they would never verify my identity with a company like that. I called customer service again and she insisted the order did not go through and the money for the order that was in hold on my account would drop off in a couple days. If it doesn’t, I can call back. This all seems really sketchy for an official site. Never again. I’ll stick to Eastbay and Finish Line.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Okay, so. I've ordered a few times from Adidas- in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have continued giving them business but that's another topic altogether. The first two times I tried ordering stuff from Adidas, it wouldn't process my order. I tried a few times to place it, and it kept saying it couldn't process my order. I call customer service, and after a 20 minute wait, they tell me my order couldn't be processed because my address was coming up as a Canadian address, which didn't make sense because I live in LA, and my address obviously shows as such. I've placed orders through other websites to be delivered there and have had no issues so this didn't make any sense to me. Because of the numerous attempts to place an order, Adidas blocked me from placing orders for 24 hours, and my bank blocked my card for fraud protection.

I tried to order a third time, had the same issues. I decided I'll try my work address in Irvine, and sure enough it worked. So I placed two more orders there with no issues. Fast forward to earlier this week, and I place an order for some Super Copas. I already have my profile set up on their website so it was fairly easy to just open up the app, place the order, and have it shipped to my default address (which is the Irvine address.) I choose the free shipping option so I should have received them on the 21 of this month. Well as it turns out, they shipped it overnight, and I got the shipping for free... except it got delivered to my parents' house, in San Diego. I have no idea how they got that address, as I've NEVER used that address for any online orders. Also, neither the package itself or the invoice contained any of my info.... literally JUST my phone number which is how my brother was able to see that it was my package.

I figure Adidas just sent my order with absolutely no shipping information to FedEx and they looked up my name and got that address (still don't know how they would have if I haven't lived there in years, but okay.) So I call Adidas. Half an hour later, I get helped by a representative who was driving me up the wall with his "I can understand how that is frustrating, but" generic customer service stuff. I explained to him my situation, and asked if it was possible for them to send me a label that we can print to send it my way, he says they can't. The most they can do for me is send me a return label to return to Adidas, then wait for them to confirm the return, then process the refund and credit it to my Adidas account, and I would have to order it again. I mean... seriously? You ship a package to an address two hours driving distance from me and the best you can do is that?

And the real kicker? "Sorry there's nothing I can do for you, you can email customer relations if you'd like." Like WAIT A MINUTE. I've been talking to customer service this entire time, and your other solution is for me to email customer relations? Aren't you both the same thing? Like you really have a customer service AND customer relations department? What? I am honestly shocked at the amount of negative reviews on here. I didn't realize their customer service was notoriously bad to this extent, and honestly wish I would have stumbled upon this website before ordering any more from them.

Adidas, your products are great, but you HAVE to improve on the customer service end. Great products isn't enough to overturn the fact that you guys consistently lack decent customer service, ESPECIALLY when you are at fault. So now I'll be sending an email to "customer relations," which, if the rest of the reviews here are anything to go by, means I won't be getting a reply.

adidas Company Information

www.adidas.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business