Sirob Imports of Lindenhurst, N.Y., is recalling, Corrado, Orlando Imports, Nouri’s Syrian Bakery, Mediterranean Specialty Foods brand and Butera Fruit Market Curry Powder.
The products contain elevated levels of lead.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The following brands of curry powder, packaged in 8-oz. and 16-oz. plastic containers and distributed in Illinois, New Jersey and New York, are being recalled:
- Corrado: 16 oz. – UPC: 0 12729 01100 7, 8-oz. – UPC: 0 12729 01102 1
- Orlando Imports: 16-oz – UPC: 0 53760 45255 8
- Nouri’s Syrian Bakery: 8-oz. – 0 12729 01102 1, 16-oz. – UPC: 0 1279 0110 7
- Mediterranean Specialty Foods: 8-oz. – UPC: 0 12729 01102 1
- Butera Fruit Market: 8-oz. -0 12729 45273 2
- The following lot numbers are included in the recall: GER302181, GER405081, GER403281, GER306181, GER104281, GER209081, GER301281, GER403281, GER505181, GER406181, GER504181, GER108081, GER106281, GER205181, GER309281, GER503281, GER306181, GER503081, GER302181.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Sirob Imports at (631) 957-8888 from 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!