Porsche Cars North America is recalling 182 of the following model year 2018 Panamera vehicles:
- Panamera 4s,
- Panamera 4 E-Hybrids,
- Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executives,
- Panamera 4 E- Hybrid Sport Turismos,
- Panamera 4S, Panamera Turbos,
- Panamera Turbo Executives,
- Panamera 4 Sport Turismos, and
- Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismos.
Incorrect soldering of a control unit may result in the intermittent failure of various systems, possible affecting vehicle drivability.
Impaired vehicle drivability can increase the risk of a crash.
What to do
Porsche Cars North America will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected control units free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin May 5, 2019.
Owners may contact Porsche's customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKA5.