Porsche Cars North America is recalling 99,665 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2003-2006 Cayenne S,
- Model year Cayenne Turbo,
- Model year 2004-2010 Cayenne,
- Model year 2006 Cayenne Turbo S,
- Model year 2010-2016 Panamera S, Panamera 4 S, Panamera Turbo,
- Model year 2011-2016 Panamera, Panamera 4,
- Model year 2012-2013 Panamera Turbo S,
- Model year 2013-2016 Panamera 4 GTS,
- Model year 2014-2016 Panamera 4 S Executive, Panamera Turbo Executive, Panamera Turbo S G1 II, Panamera Turbo S Executive,
- Model year 2013 Panamera 4 Platinum Edition, Panamera Platinum Edition, and
- Model year 2016 Panamera 4 Edition, Panamera Edition, Panamera Turbo S Executive Luxury Sports.
The bushing that attaches the gear selector lever to the gearbox may degrade over time, causing the bushing to detach. This condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.
If the vehicle is exited without the transmission being in Park and without the parking brake being applied it may unexpectedly move, increasing the risk of a crash.
What to do
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter cable bushing free of charge. Owners should use the parking brake until their vehicle is repaired.
The recall is expected to begin August 11, 2019.
Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKB1.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!