Porsche Cars North America is recalling 33,206 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2010-2016 Panamera 4S and Panamera S,
- Model year 2011-2016 Panamera, Panamera 4 and Panamera Turbo,
- Model year 2012-2016 Panamera Turbo S and Panamera S E-Hybrid,
- Model year 2013-2016 Panamera GTS,
- Model year 2013 Panamera Platinum Edition and Panamera 4 Platinum Edition,
- Model year 2014-2016 Panamera 4S Executive, Panamera Turbo Executive and Panamera Turbo S Executive,
- Model year 2015 Panamera Diesel, and
- Model year 2016 Panamera 4 Edition, Panamera Edition and Panamera Turbo S Exclusive Series.
Water may enter the A/C blower control unit, causing an electrical short circuit and increasing the risk of fire.
What to do
Porsche recommends that owners park their vehicle outdoors until the recall remedy has been performed.
The company will notify owners, and dealers will add a relay harness to the A/C blower control unit and reseal it to prevent water from leaking in free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin June 23, 2019.
Owners may contact Porsche customer service at (800) 767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKA7.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!