Overhill Farms of Vernon, Calif., is recalling approximately 54,630 pounds of chicken bites products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials -- specifically pieces of bone.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
The following frozen chicken bite items, produced on August 30, 2016, Feb. 1, 2017, Feb. 9, 2017, and April 25, 2017, are being recalled:
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken carrot bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18, 02/09/18 and 4/26/2018.
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken sweet potato bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18 and 02/09/18.
- 3-oz. and 4.5-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken broccoli bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 08/30/17, 02/20/18 and 4/10/18.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN BROCCOLI BITES CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PATTY,” with case code 320422 and packaging date 08/30/16.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN CARROT BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER,” with case code 320460 and packaging date 02/09/17.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN SWEET POTATO BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH SWEET POTATOES, QUINOA & PEAS,” with case code 320430 and packaging dates 02/09/17 and 04/25/17.
The recalled products, bearing establishment numbers “P2824,” “P6009” or “P44058” inside the USDA mark of inspection, were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions about the recall may contact Yummy Spoonfuls customer support, at (844)-986-6948.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!