Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) is recalling 323,963 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2012-2014 ML550s,
- Model year 2012-2015 ML350s & AMG ML63s,
- Model year 2015 ML250s & ML400s,
- Model year 2016 GLE450s & GLE300s,
- Model year 2016-2018 GLE350s & GLE550s,
- Model year 2016-2019 GLE400s,
- Model year 2017-2019 AMG GLE43s, and
- Model year 2016-2020 AMG GLE63s.
Water might accumulate in the spare tire wheel well and damage the fuel pump control unit, which could cause an engine stall while the vehicle is being driven.
An engine stall in this case increases the risk of a crash.
What to do
Dealers will install a water drain plug, inspect for water intrusion, and replace the fuel pump control unit -- as necessary -- free of charge.
Owner notification letters should be in the mail by February 21, 2023.
Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at (800) 367-6372.