Magic Gourmet Trading of Millbrae, Calif., is recalling all Koi Palace Mooncake products purchased in August 2016.
The products may contain allergens such as wheat, gluten, eggs, milk, peanuts, pine nuts, almonds, walnuts, and/or sesame that are not declared on the label.
No illnesses or incidents have been reported to date.
The following products, distributed at Koi Palace restaurant locations in Daly City, Calif., Dublin, Calif., and Milpitas, Calif., and Uwajimaya supermarkets in Oregon and Washington, are being recalled:
- Mini Egg Yolk in White Lotus Seed Paste
- Fresh Five Nuts with Smoked Ham
- Five Nuts with Smoked Ham & Egg Yolk
- Single Box – Mini Rose Paste
- Single Box – Mini Pumpkin Seed Paste
- Single Box – Mini Jasmine Paste
- Single Box – Mini Oolong Tea Paste
- Single Box – Mini Walnut, Red Bean Paste
- Luxury Single Mooncake – Mini Bird’s Nest, Black Sesame & Coconut Paste
- Luxury Single Mooncake – Mini White Lotus Seed Paste w/ Egg Yolk
- Luxury Single Mooncake – Mini Fresh Five Nuts with Smoked Ham
- Mini Wolfberry & Dates Paste
- Black Truffle with Five Nuts
- 8 Mini Treasures Combo
- Seven Stars Reunion
- Dalmaji with Happy Family
The products are packaged in a rectangular burgundy paper box with a koi fish logo and/or a circular golden paper box with a koi fish logo.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products may return the unopened products to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1 (650) 239-9069 from Monday to Friday from 9PM – 6PM (PST).