Heartland Recreational Vehicles is recalling 5,598 of the following vehicles with an electrical issue:
- Model year 2017 Bighorn Traveler,
- Model year 2016-2020 Elkridge, Elkridge Ex,
- Model year 2019-2020 Milestone,
- Model year 2017-2018 North Peak,
- Model year 2016-2017 Oakmont,
- Model year 2017-2020 Pioneer FW,
- Model year 2016-2018 Prowler FW, and
- Model year 2017-2019 Sundance & Sundance XLTFW trailers.
The A/C electrical connector may have been improperly installed, possibly causing increased electrical resistance and the connection to overheat.
Overheating of the connection can increase the risk of a fire.
What to do
Heartland will notify owners, and dealers will correct the electrical connections free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin September 6, 2019.
Owners may contact Heartland customer service at (877) 262-8032. Heartland's number for this recall is 99.01.47.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!