Harley-Davidson Motor Company is recalling 45,901 the following models of motorcycles manufactured April 28, 2014, to October 24, 2014:
Model year 2014-2015
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCU)
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Twin Cooled (FLHTCU TC)
- Ultra Limited (FLHTK)
- Police Electra Glide (FLHTP)
- Street Glide (FLHX)
- Street Glide Special (FLHXS)
- CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE)
Model year 2015
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low (FLHTCUL)
- Ultra Limited Low (FLHTKL)
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low - Twin Cooled (FLHTCUL TC)
- Road Glide Special (FLTRXS)
- Road Glide (FLTRX)
Model year 2014
- CVO Road King (FLHRSE)
The clutch master cylinder may lose the ability to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch, especially if the motorcycle has been parked for an extended period of time.
When the engine is running and the motorcycle is in gear, if the clutch cannot be fully disengaged, the motorcycle may move unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will flush the clutch system and rebuild the clutch master cylinder, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 23, 2015.
Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0165.