Forest River is recalling 19,911 of the following model year 2022 fifth wheel and travel trailers with awnings:
- Prime Time Avenger
- East to West Della Terra
- Forest River Cherokee
The electric retractable awning has a welded seam on the fabric that may separate, potentially allowing the awning to drop beyond normal operation.
An awning that drops or extends beyond normal operation can increase the risk of injury.
What to do
Forest River will replace the awnings free of charge.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on August 17, 2022.
Owners may contact Forest River customer service at the following numbers:
- (574) 862-1025 (Prime Time Avenger, Crusader, Lacrosse, Sanibel, Tracer, and Ozark),
- (574) 264-6664 (East to West Della Terra and Silver Lake ),
- (260) 499-2100 (Cherokee),
- (574) 642-8943 (Rockwood and Flagstaff),
- (574) 642-3119 Option 2 (IBEX & RPOD),
- (574) 534-3167 (Salem & Wildwood) and (574) 534-4574 (Sierra & Sandpiper).
Forest River's number for this recall is 51-1532.