Kia America is recalling 1,730,192 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2010-2019 Borregos,
- Model year 2014-2016 Cadenzas,
- Model year 2010-2013 Fortes, Forte Koups & Sportages,
- Model year 2015-2018 K900s,
- Model year 2011-2015 Optimas,
- Model year 2011-2013 Optima Hybrids & Souls,
- Model year 2012-2017 Rios,
- Model year 2011-2014 Sorentos, and
- Model year 2010-2011 Rondos.
The Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit (HECU) may experience an electrical short, which can result in an engine compartment fire while the vehicles is parked or being driven.
Either scenario can increase the risk of injury.
What to do
Owners are advised to park outside and away from structures until the recall repair is complete.
Dealers will replace the HECU fuse free of charge.
Owners will be notified by mail beginning around November 14, 2023.
Owners may contact Kia customer service at (800) 333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC284.