Get Started

LifeLock

The LifeLock Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

4.0/5 (999 ratings)

About LifeLock

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

Pros

• Variety of plans
  • Remediation available
  • Industry leader

Cons

• Prices change after the first year

Bottom Line

LifeLock provides identity theft protection and monitoring services. The company is an industry leader and offers three different package options.

Top LifeLock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

LifeLock had a good reputation, so we went in that direction. My identity was hacked in June and one of the initial notifications came from them. We've got the premium package on ...

Verified

I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was a nice addition. [It'...

LifeLock services

LifeLock is considered to be an industry leader in providing individual and business identity theft protection. They offer three different package options, from basic monitoring to full protection and recovery of your money or identity. LifeLock is recognized by the Online Trust Honor Roll and partnered with the digital security software company Norton.

LifeLock notifies you if your information is compromised by monitoring major data breaches, credit reporting agencies and the dark web. The company offers 24-hour assistance, and if your identity is compromised, LifeLock will assist you by providing lawyers to help litigate your case, plus reimbursement for your expenses and lost property.

LifeLock is a membership organization where customers can choose between membership levels. If you are looking for identity theft protection for your business, you can call the company for a quote.

LifeLock plans and pricing

LifeLock provides identity theft and digital security protections at three membership levels: Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus. Each plan offers an introductory rate, with a price increase after the first year. The chart below provides an overview of LifeLock cost by plan.

PlanFirst-year costCost after first year
Select$9.99/month$14.99/month
Advantage$19.99/month$24.99/month
Ultimate Plus$29.99/month$34.99/month

Select: Offers $25,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds and security for five electronic devices, plus the regular LifeLock benefits.

Advantage: Offers $100,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for 10 devices, bank and credit card alerts and alerts for crimes in your name.

Ultimate Plus: Offers $1 million in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for an unlimited number of devices, bank and credit card alerts, 401(K) investment alerts, alerts for crimes in your name, and reports from all three credit bureaus.

How does LifeLock work?

Most of the time, LifeLock members will be able to forget they are even customers — which, according to LifeLock, is the point. As a LifeLock customer, you can rest assured your data is secure.

Once you join, you simply make monthly payments and the company closely monitors your information. When something suspicious occurs, you are either alerted by phone, text or a notification from the LifeLock app.

If you want to engage with the company further, they offer a credit report, an online portal to show your profile, and notifications about any data breaches that may affect your information.

Do we recommend LifeLock?

LifeLock has been the industry leader in identity theft protection for more than a decade. The company boasts nearly 5 million members and returned millions of dollars in assets to people who have had their identities or property stolen. Although a price tag up to $34.99 a month may not be as cheap as other companies, it does provide the broadest range of coverage with a company known to maintain a high level of service.

LifeLock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: June 26, 2021

I love LifeLock for my credit monitoring and reporting needs. No matter how often I check, I am always satisfied with the overall report. I also like when LifeLock alerts me on new entries and reports to me who initiated the report. It also makes me aware of changes to my credit report file on all three credit reporting companies.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I appreciate all alerts. There is one that could be improved with additional info. I received alert that my email and at least one formerly used PW was discovered on the Dark Web as a coupled item. I changed almost all of my vulnerable passwords, but I need more info on how vulnerable keeping my email address is without hackers having access to current passwords.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My experience is that it costs money to protect your home, cars, life, and things of value. But if that is what protect, you are skipping the most important element: your identification. Lifelock sets roadblocks against what thieves will do with your info to ruin your finances and credit. And both are really your foundation to living. Lifelock offers a trial in which you may sign up and use all the protection they offer to assure that when your id is stolen (and you may not know that until it is too late) Lifelock will immediately notify you and take action to stop the steal and protect you from any further intrusion. Protect yourself.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have been pleased with the monitoring of my accounts and personal information after having been exposed in the Equifax security breach about four years ago. I am much comfortable knowing I have Life Lock monitoring for possible ID theft or financial fraud. I check my alerts and for the first time on January 23, 2021 I had an alert that my personal information had been used to apply for a checking/savings account with JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I immediately responded to the alert that I had not made any application or ever dealt with JP Morgan/Chase. Life Lock started an investigation.

My only disappointment has been no follow-up communication from Life Lock about the investigation. I have used both telephone and online communication with Life Lock on additional measures I could take to better protect my financial and personal information. I received very good service and response to my inquiries and I have taken additional steps too for more security as a result.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

The process was very easy to understand, and make choices to make sure my identity was safe and under a great company to trust with such situations. Thank you very much. I would definitely recommend your service to my friends. Have always had good interactions with them. Even when I call your staff is always very pleasant to speak to. As while as handle any issues I might have. And in a very timely matter.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have been a Lifelock customer for years. I received an email renewal special for 239.99 for Ultimate Plus, but I had to call in to get it. Two different calls, totalling over one hour and the support team will charge me 339.99. I asked several times to talk to a supervisor and rep was unwilling to transfer. I offered to forward the email to them, but they said no. This is true bait and switch. I wonder if they get a bonus on renewal dollars?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I denied a Lowe's credit card and was denied because I was deceased. Someone at one time was using my identity. Norton's help desk had me on hold for 45 minutes and they couldn't help me, I was put on hold a couple of times and my problem was never resolved. I told them I wanted to cancel them and they continued to pull out of my account. I'm still struggling to get my money back. Up to today, my problem hasn't been resolved. Help desk is the worst I've ever had to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have been a member of LifeLock for many. The service has gone terribly downhill. I recently had to call regarding a monitoring issue. The email I received, as well as the "red" alerts on my account on the website clearly stated my accounts were not being monitored because they were no longer connected. I called multiple times since I was unable to reconnect them myself on the website.

Since they joined with Norton I find the website has not been as user friendly. Not one agent was able to help me. They each read from a "dialogue" giving me the same instructions even though I kept telling them I DID THAT ALREADY. And at the end of the conversation each one said "It must mean your accounts are connected". REALLY!!! Can they be the any more incompetent. I finally was able to correct the problem myself and magically I received over 100 alerts dating from the last date they monitored to yesterday. I was unable to escalate my concerns to a supervisor. I am appalled at the incompetence. Needless to say I cancelled my subscription.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

LifeLock has always been proactive for me. They notify me anytime someone tries to open a credit card in my name without my permission. I highly recommend LifeLock to everyone for personal use and for their businesses.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

LifeLock is great. I had my identity stolen for several years not knowing until the person had late payments and the company contacted us we then found out. Life lock warns us of every activity that takes place on our credit.

LifeLock Company Information