toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Upserve

Hi Marshall - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. As your dedicated Account Manager, Erika would like to thank you for this great review. If there is anything she can do, or if questions arise in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to her directly.

Please keep the information listed below for future reference. Erika's calendar link is the best way to set up a time to talk, do further trainings, or if there is anything support cannot answer. Once again, we truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback. Have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

Upserve was good in letting me know what the costs were and made an easy transition. I like the reporting tool that they give me. The simplest, neatest thing is the email that comes everyday. It's a great break down. It gives me the info I need and a quick snapshot of all they can do. They've got so much to offer that I almost need more time to spend with all the tools so I could advance the benefits I can get from the system. All the interactions I have with the customer service team have been really easy. Any questions I have, they're quick to respond. I just shoot off an email. They reach out with updates they have without me having to hunt them down. They’re very interactive and helpful with me as far as communication.

Hi, Brady.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. We are happy to know you value the Upserve experience, and how we can better help your business grow with what we provide.

In terms of the your frustration about deposits hitting your account, we want to start by saying we understand your frustration. While it is not something we can change, we assure you that we are working diligently to make sure you get your money in a timely manner. Upserve has dedicated support across the board, and we want you to take advantage of that support to better help run your business, and to address any issues you may have.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback, and we value you being a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

The Upserve rep was great. I was shown enough cool stuff to make me want to switch. I have their credit card processing and I like all the bells and whistles on the online back office, which is the manager's logbook and calendar that shows our sales by hour for any date in the past. I can grow some data on what happens on different holidays. I can go back to last year's Mother's Day or whenever and see when we got the busiest. But like every business owner, I'm frustrated that we don't get our money when we want it. Because of Columbus Day, which is a made-up reason to not give me my money, I had Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's sales all sitting in someone else's bank account until today.

Upserve

Hi Sortir! Thank you for taking the time to provide us such positive feedback on your Upserve experience thus far. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who has informed me that you two have already been introduced. She will be your direct point of contact moving forward with any questions that may come up. Allison shared that you guys may be a great fit for our Kitchen Display System (KDS). We are excited to have you on board and look forward to working with you. Thanks again for your time; it is customers like you that make our team better!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

At the time when I opened my business a few years ago, I was big on the Wi-Fi tablet because I worked in a nightclub for a long time and I didn't want to do the hardwired, PC version. We got Breadcrumb and they got bought out by Upserve. Upserve has been great so far. Their customer service team is hands down fantastic. The new reports that I get are much better from the previous one that we had at Breadcrumb. Super detailed and very useful information. I heard that they're are also doing the kitchen monitors, which I'm very interested in.

Upserve

Hi Michael! Thank you for the stellar review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who shared that you guys were able to connect over the phone today. We are excited to hear that you are a happy customer and we will continue to work to provide you with the best product and customer service that we can. Hope you have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Upserve seems to be operating in a much better system since they bought Breadcrumb. The only time we ever had any issues were when we were doing updates and then sometimes the updates won't fully configure the way we were hoping they would. That only happened twice over the updates. They've been doing a lot of updates lately as they keep trying to make the product better. But overall, I'm very happy with them.

We've used Breadcrumb for the past 4 years since opening the business, and have seen some improvements to the system. The system works well in general but is weak in the card swipe end of things. I've asked for several feature updates/improvements over the years but have only gotten one or two developed into system updates. The two most significant updates that would help me in our business would be to turn the Check Out Report into a Sales Report. In other words make it time sensitive so that sales from a particular user could be tracked with any specified time range input into the system after the trading day.

The other update would be that the system would recognize and track which user entered an item onto a check, rather than just telling me who opened the check, this way multiple users could enter items onto co-mingled checks and their sales could be tracked (very useful when assigning tips if you're not using a pooled system). One more upgrade would be to have the ability to color code "buttons." Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Upserve?

Upserve

Hi Sam - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know that you value the Upserve experience and that we are able to provide a viable tool that helps Chomp thrive. We understand that running such a successful business is hard work and we are glad that you rely on our analytics to guide you in the right direction.

Also, thank you very much for referring your friends to Upserve and for speaking so highly of the work we do. Please remember that through our referral program we enthusiastically make donations to various charities, such as the Clean Water Fund, in your name to pay it forward. We are proud of the charities we choose to work with because they are truly making an impact and improving the lives of people in need, so thank you.

Once again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing how Chomp will continue to succeed in the year to come!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I was in the area where Upserve was based out of. I was into it when they first launched. I have Upserve although I had Breadcrumb before they acquired it three years ago. That was what I first started out on. I like the analytics of Upserve and it’s always been great with their customer service. I used to be a beta tester for them too so I love them. It’s a great company and I always tell people that they should use them.

Upserve

Hi Ali - We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We have enjoyed working with you in the past, and look forward to continuing to grow our relationship in the future. Customers like you are what drives us to want to constantly improve. Customer service is something we value highly, so thank you for taking the time to recognize their efforts. We still strive to do better, however. So anything you need going forward, we'll be here!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I have the Breadcrumb POS and the Upserve software. The salesperson called and said Upserve was buying Breadcrumb. They wanted us to go through the software demo with them, and it turned out to be a well-informed demo. We liked the services and what Upserve has to offer. I also enjoy the customer intelligence that we get to have that much more information about our customers: new customers, repeat customers, and the transaction-level data.

Furthermore, their customer service has been a step up from what we had at Breadcrumb earlier. They are quick to jump on the lines when I call, it's barely a minute or two of wait time, and so far, the interactions have been great. Plus, they are knowledgeable, and know what's up. We had a little complicated issue some time back a couple of days ago and they followed-up and are working on resolving the problem. Overall, it's been a great experience. I'm enjoying our Upserve relationship between the products that they offer and the customer service. I would recommend Upserve.

Upserve

Hi Paul - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're excited to be working with Tavern Steakhouse & Lounge and The Firkin. We'd like to offer our continued support in the future. It's customers like you that help us continue to grow!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

We just started using Upserve so we’re still going through some training but the software's easy to access. Their sales team was good then the technical support and customer service were helpful as well.

Upserve

Hi Tony - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear you've had a positive experience with Upserve from sales to service. It is customers such as yourself that we enjoy working with the most because you use Upserve to better your business. We look forward to working with you and your team members at Long Doggers going forward. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Upserve, which was Swipely then, was brought to me by one of my managers. My interaction with their sales team was very positive. They’re very helpful and very informative. Using the software, I am able to understand my guests’ buying behaviors.

Upserve

Hi Josh - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Upserve. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative, as it helps us improve and grow as a company. It's customers such as yourself that Upserve enjoys working with the most because you share the same passion as we do for your business. It is the goal of the company to continue exceeding your expectations through great support and products. If you need anything in the future, feel free to reach out to your dedicated account manager, Kyle or call/email our 24/7 support team. Thanks and have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I heard about Upserve when I was looking for data analysis solutions for restaurants. Not too many are in that game right now. We chose a different POS first, then we realized how terrible they were and then went to Breadcrumb. I called their sales team, told them I’m going to use their service and they had exactly what I was looking for, and we’ve got a bunch of iPads. Their customer service team has been helpful. I like the fact that if it breaks I know I could replace an iPad. I use all of my own networking equipment and I like the simplicity. The biggest pleasing thing versus solutions like Aloha and Micros is that I can sit in my office apartment in my underwear and update the menu. And that’s a luxury we can’t pay for.

Upserve

Hi, Randy. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. We are happy to know that you value the Upserve experience and that we are able to provide a viable tool that helps your business thrive across all six locations. Your experience working one on one with our development team is also great to hear and we will pass the message along. I heard you spoke with Patty, your dedicated account manager, who you can continue to reach out to with any questions. Like any restaurant that is always changing and evolving it's menu, Upserve is always evolving as well and we have you and your management staff to thank for the constructive feedback and ideas.

Once again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing how we can collaborate in the year to come!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

We’ve been with Upserve since they were Swipely. We were looking for a loyalty program then and ended up getting involved with them. They’re our credit card processor. They take our Micros data, use and format it, then we receive reports from them on a daily basis. We have six locations that receive the reporting every morning on sales, sales trends, menu items that sell, server performance, and social media activity. There’s a lot of information that we receive which is great. Upserve is a great tool for us to map out our sales and food trends. We also get on the phone with their development team once every six weeks. They’ve been very good at using our suggestions, letting us be a data test for some of their new ideas as they expand the reporting tool.

Upserve

Hi Catherine! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're excited to have you folks as part of the Upserve family and will continue to provide prompt service. It's customers like you that help us grow.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

We heard that Breadcrumb was being bought out and potentially by Upserve, and it kind of helped with our decision in choosing them. The rep pointed out everything that we were looking for. We like the data analytics the most that other POS systems aren’t able to provide. Customer service has been prompt and responsive to any of our needs.

Upserve

Hi Davis - Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your Upserve experience. It is customers like you that help our team continue to develop. I have connected with your account manager Allison who has shared that you two have been in touch over the past few weeks working on your loyalty program. The program that you and your team have built is one of our most successful programs. Allison is dedicated to help you with any questions that you may have moving forward. We are lucky to have you as a part of our family and we thank you for your continued feedback.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

We use Upserve to process our credit cards, and have been working with them for a while. Working with the sales team was very good. We talk to the customer service fairly frequently, and it's all been really good that Upserve have a pretty great customer service. It's easy to talk to someone, and there's not a lot of the phone trees.

Upserve

Hi Emily - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve through continued feedback. We strive to be responsive to your concerns and are here for you if you ever need us. Please don't hesitate to contact your Account Manager, Alex, or our 24 hour support line if ever you need anything. Enjoy your weekend!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

We're already contracted with Breadcrumb and we have their POS for the iPad. And when Upserve bought them, we got a whole bunch of notices from them. One of my complaints is that I’ve interacted with quite a few different people on Upserve that I got confused about who exactly was keeping track of what was happening with us. Now we know who our account manager is but it's difficult to schedule an appointment for a conversation with him. The times available to schedule our meetings with him don't work for us because they're in the middle of our busiest hours of service. But having Upserve equipment seems to be getting us our money on time which is definitely better than when we we're working with Groupon before. The team is also responsive to our concerns. They called last week and were able to help us figure out how to get us back running. And I like the Upserve app. That’s been really nice for keeping track of stuff.

Upserve

Hi Nikki - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Breadcrumb & Upserve continue to grow and improve. Before Groupon sold Breadcrumb to Upserve, they laid off a sizable portion of the staff. Upserve has striven to give Breadcrumb that great Customer Service and Account Management support that Upserve is known for. We look forward to working with you in the future and appreciate your continued feedback.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

When I was doing research with my manager and business partner, we saw a load of different POS systems and liked the Breadcrumb interface as well as the rep. We felt that it would be a good fit for us so we decided to go with them. I also liked the equipment's design and use. It was very straightforward and intuitive. It wasn't trying to be anything it didn't need to be, which we saw in quite a few other systems. It also looks current as the interface is what people are used to using in an iPhone or iPad.

It started great then unfortunately, when Upserve bought Breadcrumb, it was exactly the time when we opened and they weren't taking new clients and sales reps. Our sales rep wasn't employed anymore so trying to get anybody on the phone and any support was really difficult. And that was in our first or second week of business and we nearly left and chose somebody else. That transition was really rocky and I would imagine nearly lost Breadcrumb a lot of business. But since Upserve has taken them over, it's been better. We have a rep now and I have his number.

Upserve

Hi Dan - Thank you for the positive review on Upserve. We are very glad to hear you had a seamless transition and are happy with the level of detail our reports offer. Please continue to rely on your Account Manager, Ashley, and our Customer Support Team for support!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

We were with Swipely for years then Upserve took over and it's been a really easy transition for us. We have the POS system and it seems fairly reliable. We've definitely enjoyed Upserve. I peeked a little bit further into it when I was doing our credit card fee reports last month and noticed how deep I can do with the information that it provides. It's super neat. Two of our restaurants split off into a different company so I had to get them separated from our account and that went fairly easily. Customer support helped me and was really prompt. I'd recommend Upserve.

Upserve

Hi Adam, thank you for leaving us a review. I spoke with your Account Manager, Alli, who let me know that she connected with you this morning. I understand you are a software designer and find our product reliable but would like to see more development in functionality. We really appreciate this type of feedback as we can bring it back to our product/engineering team, to continue to look for ways to improve the customer experience within our product. So, thank you! I also understand you use two Breadcrumb POS systems in the beer garden and have installed a third system in the restaurant which will be opening soon. Alli will be working with your onboarding specialist, Jason, to make sure that everything is set up for when you open in the next few weeks. In addition, Alli has also let me know that she sent you an email to schedule a time to connect next week to hear more about your ideas on where the product can grow. If you have any questions or feedback, please continue to let us know, and as your dedicated account manager, Alli will be available to take care of any needs moving forward. Thanks again and we hope you have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

Software great, hardware is fickle. The software works well. It doesn't really feel like it is growing or improving however, just stagnant. I am a former software developer who opened a restaurant and make it as high tech and automated as possible. The hardware offered is somewhat unreliable as credit card scanners break and charging ports fail. The reporting in Upserve and Breadcrumb is competitive, and not integrated, and both are lacking real actionable insights. They offer plenty of superficial report data.

Upserve

Hi Sanjay - We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your Upserve experience. It is customers like you that help Upserve grow and develop to better fit your needs as a restauranteur. Your account manager, Allison, has sent you an email to make sure that you two are able to connect. Allison is your main point of contact moving forward and she will be able to help you and your team digest the data that is flowing through your Upserve portal. We are happy to have you on board and look forward to working with you!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

So far, there's a lot of good data within Upserve and we're in the process of educating our store personnel on how to be able to use that data effectively and efficiently and put it in a format that makes it actionable. It's a good concept, but it needs a little bit more of report-writing capabilities so that we can create data in a way that makes it easy for people to understand what that data is telling. There are some canned reports but they're not very easy to work with in creating different ad hoc reporting requirements.

Upserve

Hey Danny. We wanted to say thanks so much for the great review on Consumer Affairs! The shout out was pretty awesome, too! We here at Upserve really appreciate the partnership and look forward to continuing it for a long time to come. Please keep us posted if you need anything at The Bungalow Group, Ashley your account manager, is happy to help whenever you need it. Have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I have a POS system and Upserve gets the receipts and passes the data on to American Express. My experience so far has been good but I'm waiting for them to integrate more fully the software as far as sales tracking with my Point of Sale. Technical support has been good the few times I've contacted them. Matt, my account manager then, who was recently promoted, was very receptive and on the ball.

Upserve

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you've had disruption to the business and we want to assure you that our goal is to provide a solution moving forward. We want to be sure that our service is reliable and we're working on it every day. It's customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. Moving forward, your dedicated account manager, Nicole, will be available if you have any questions/issues.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Programming is very user friendly. Customer service has been fair to good. Printers are fast and large print with color - easy to make changes to menu without disruption. Reports are amazing very useful. Payroll reports print out too small font. Mostly satisfied with device except for many many technical failures and glitches from software program I'm assuming. All my call in to customer service have been documented I'm sure- there are way too many. Disrupted my business many times. Hope they are solved and less moving forward.

Upserve

Hi Aaron! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. I reached out to the taproom this morning and spoke with Moriah about Breadcrumb's functionality with your beer flights and the "ghost checks" that you have been experiencing in some of your HQ reports.

I sent you an email directly with a link to my calendar to schedule a time to sync up for a call so that I can work to help resolve any issues that I can. I look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

We have a pretty great user experience with Breadcrumb. I think some of our issues revolve around us trying to use the system for a brewery/taproom, and not a typical restaurant/bar. A lot of the items/buttons/modifiers are explicitly for the restaurant industry. We have done a fine job of "hacking" some of the items to best fit our format, but it is still somewhat unhandy to add different batches of the same beer on our end. Sometimes we also have server issues where it seems the system is struggling to handle the large amount of simultaneous checks we have. We have also had issues with Breadcrumb not recognizing our devices and we've had to reset our router/system in order to get back online. Usually these are simply solved with a call to customer support.

We also had another incident where we were unable to process gift cards, and I made a call to Customer Support in order to resolve it. I made a ticket with tech support and was told that I would hear back by the end of the business day. I didn't get a follow-up email until the following Monday, saying my issue had been resolved. It was obvious to me that things had been solved through the gift card processor days before I received a reply from Breadcrumb. All in all, we are pretty satisfied with our current setup but would love to try and get better customer support, along with the ability to make buttons easier and allow us to make the POS itself more taproom-centric.

Upserve

Thank you for sending over your feedback. Your dedicated account manager, Christian, let me know that you spoke on the phone today. Per your conversation, these are the things we're doing to resolve the issue.

1. We've completely restructured our support team, and we're continuing to improve the level and quality of support we provide to our customers, which includes shorter wait times to speak with an agent.

2. On top of that, we recently hired our new VP of Support, who will be spearheading the revamping of our support infrastructure. This is one of our top priorities as a company.

We really appreciate your feedback, and will be passing it along to the team. As your dedicated account manager, Christian is here to make sure any questions or concerns you have are addressed in a timely fashion. We truly value your business as customer of Breadcrumb and Upserve.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Every time I call the wait is very long and they bounce you around with breadcrumb. You guys supposed to come in and clean the mess that breadcrumb had created but instead you became part of the mess! What you have promised to do you aren't delivering therefore you will lose customer. I am planning to leave soon.

Upserve

Hi Adrianne, thank you for reaching out. We can assure you that your customer experience with Upserve is our priority. Your dedicated account manager Bobby, let me know he was able to connect with you this morning. Per your conversation with him, we are going to overnight your equipment, so it should arrive tomorrow morning. Bobby will be your contact going forward, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to him directly. He looks forward to speaking with you soon and we hope that your experience improves moving forward!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Our swiper is not working and we have been waiting for 4 days to hear back from the Replacements team. I have called every day about the status of receiving a new swiper and no one can help me. We have only been using Upserve for one month! We would like a new swiper as soon as possible, one for an iPad mini.

Upserve

Hi Patty, thank you for your review. I have been made aware that you spoke to your dedicated account manager, Bobby, regarding your fees at The Mustard Seed Cafe. We understand your concerns and our top priority is ensuring that you are happy with your experience with Upserve. Our goal is to help our customers get the most out of our product, so that they can grow their bottom line and exceed guest expectations. If you have any questions or concerns moving forward, Bobby will be available.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I was contacted by Upserve to let me know that you had purchased Breadcrumb. I thought that was slick that I didn't have to re-do my POS. I am now paying Upserve & Breadcrumb $300.00 per month. $100 more. Upserve is not a upfront company.

Upserve

Hi Chris! Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your Upserve experience thus far. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. Your account manager, Allison, has informed me that she has reached out to connect with you by phone and email to make sure that you have her direct contact information moving forward. Allison will be able to help you with your Sunday brunch/dinner concern and any other questions that you may have. Again, it is customers like you that make our team better!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

We were looking for something that had Cloud capabilities so that we didn't have to do as much storage of things on our own. That was one of the main reasons that we switched to Breadcrumb/Upserve. We use the Breadcrumbs software in our iPads that we use as our POS and wwe have a cash drawer that's not connected to anything. When we had an internet issue in our building, we couldn't access or print two days’ worth of our sales reports because the pads would not sync to each other. It was a hot mess but the Upserve team has been great at troubleshooting and walking us through whatever situations we have. They are very helpful and give us a lot of information, tips and ways to resolve issues even if it's not an issue with their service per se.

Their software is very user-friendly. I was worried that I would have to take all this time to learn a new POS thing but it's pretty simple. We can go in and alter buttons, menu items, do modifications or any kind of tags that we wanna add. That only takes five seconds so that's always nice if we change the build of a food item. However, there's a bit of difficulty with certain things like what happens to us often on a Sunday or a Saturday when we go from our dim sum brunch into our dinner. We often have one server take the floor and the others will do pre-meal and the frustrating thing is that, sometimes, checks will be under one server's report even though they're closed by another. This throws off all our numbers at the end of the night which I happen to see more as I'm the closing manager. So a lot of times, we have to go back and double or triple check our numbers if the cash drawer/money is off.

Upserve

John, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear everything is going well with Upserve. Please continue to lean on your dedicated Account Manager for continued support and guidance on how to get the most out of the product. Thank you for being a loyal customer of Upserve!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Upserve is a great solution. We use their credit card processing software platform which provides us with sales and transactional data not typically provided to merchants by other processors. It's a good added value that we're given some good insight into some reporting metrics that we wouldn't otherwise have. I have an account manager that I frequently inquire with and our talks have been very positive. I have recommended Upserve.

Upserve Company Profile