toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Upserve

Hi Marshall - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. As your dedicated Account Manager, Erika would like to thank you for this great review. If there is anything she can do, or if questions arise in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to her directly.

Please keep the information listed below for future reference. Erika's calendar link is the best way to set up a time to talk, do further trainings, or if there is anything support cannot answer. Once again, we truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback. Have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

Upserve was good in letting me know what the costs were and made an easy transition. I like the reporting tool that they give me. The simplest, neatest thing is the email that comes everyday. It's a great break down. It gives me the info I need and a quick snapshot of all they can do. They've got so much to offer that I almost need more time to spend with all the tools so I could advance the benefits I can get from the system. All the interactions I have with the customer service team have been really easy. Any questions I have, they're quick to respond. I just shoot off an email. They reach out with updates they have without me having to hunt them down. They’re very interactive and helpful with me as far as communication.

Hi, Brady.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. We are happy to know you value the Upserve experience, and how we can better help your business grow with what we provide.

In terms of the your frustration about deposits hitting your account, we want to start by saying we understand your frustration. While it is not something we can change, we assure you that we are working diligently to make sure you get your money in a timely manner. Upserve has dedicated support across the board, and we want you to take advantage of that support to better help run your business, and to address any issues you may have.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback, and we value you being a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

The Upserve rep was great. I was shown enough cool stuff to make me want to switch. I have their credit card processing and I like all the bells and whistles on the online back office, which is the manager's logbook and calendar that shows our sales by hour for any date in the past. I can grow some data on what happens on different holidays. I can go back to last year's Mother's Day or whenever and see when we got the busiest. But like every business owner, I'm frustrated that we don't get our money when we want it. Because of Columbus Day, which is a made-up reason to not give me my money, I had Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's sales all sitting in someone else's bank account until today.

Upserve

Hi Sortir! Thank you for taking the time to provide us such positive feedback on your Upserve experience thus far. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who has informed me that you two have already been introduced. She will be your direct point of contact moving forward with any questions that may come up. Allison shared that you guys may be a great fit for our Kitchen Display System (KDS). We are excited to have you on board and look forward to working with you. Thanks again for your time; it is customers like you that make our team better!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

At the time when I opened my business a few years ago, I was big on the Wi-Fi tablet because I worked in a nightclub for a long time and I didn't want to do the hardwired, PC version. We got Breadcrumb and they got bought out by Upserve. Upserve has been great so far. Their customer service team is hands down fantastic. The new reports that I get are much better from the previous one that we had at Breadcrumb. Super detailed and very useful information. I heard that they're are also doing the kitchen monitors, which I'm very interested in.

Upserve

Hi Michael! Thank you for the stellar review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who shared that you guys were able to connect over the phone today. We are excited to hear that you are a happy customer and we will continue to work to provide you with the best product and customer service that we can. Hope you have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Upserve seems to be operating in a much better system since they bought Breadcrumb. The only time we ever had any issues were when we were doing updates and then sometimes the updates won't fully configure the way we were hoping they would. That only happened twice over the updates. They've been doing a lot of updates lately as they keep trying to make the product better. But overall, I'm very happy with them.

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad the experience has been seamless for you and that you are enjoying the customer analytics specifically. Our teams are always happy to help. Bobby is your Account Manager. Don't hesitate to reach out at any time with feedback or questions. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Original review: March 21, 2017

When we got Upserve set up, it was pretty seamless and they answered a lot of questions. I use the data mining a lot to get the information that ties into our point of sale, and customer tracking. When we needed to contact customer service or technical support, they answered pretty promptly and mostly everything was resolved. Overall, Upserve has very good service and excellent product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Upserve?

The reps of Upserve are really friendly, however, the rates seem to be higher than I expected. And also, if we have a credit card that we need a credit card lookout number for, I'd call and then they have to talk to somebody, and then they send me over to somebody else, and then either they’ll call me back or I'll wait on hold for a while. In the beginning, it was really quick. But the last 10 times or more that we’ve called, we've been on hold for 12 - 20 minutes. So, overall, I'm not really happy and I'm switching companies.

Hi Katie,

I'm happy that the Logbook and Email reporting are helpful for you. I've followed up with your Account Manager Alex regarding your concerns. He let me know he reached out with you directly to put things back on track. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: March 2, 2017

The sales rep of Upserve was good but I was disappointed at first because it was misleading. I didn't realize that they were a processing company and I would have to change in order to get the programming. Also, I mostly communicate with their tech support through email and they weren't very responsive at first but it got better over time. I like the reporting feature of the software and the ability for my managers and employees to use the daily log function. Also, the weekly emails that I get have all the analytics with them which are very helpful.

We're using Upserve's charge card. The person whom I talked to from Upserve promised a certain rate and said that the cost would be exactly even. But he added on extra costs in the end which cost us more than what we were using before. I hardly ever had any chargebacks and I had about five chargebacks with them. The whole time we were with them, they never did all the things they'd ever going to say as far as showing us how it could increase our sales, how we track all the servers and everything. None of that applied to us. They were deceiving and their service cost me more money in the long run. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you've had good experiences with our technical and support teams! Your dedicated Account Manager at Upserve is Greg Bruno. Greg's reached out to you thank you for your review and make sure we take care of any additional needs you may have.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Upserve is our credit card processor and it's got a good rate. It's on par with industry standards from other companies I’ve dealt with in the same field. Their customer service and technical support were fine.

Hi Arturo,

I'm glad that Upserve's Menu Analytics, Time of Day feature and more have been helpful for you and your boss. Our Customer Service teams are always happy to help. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We have Upserve's online service and it interacts with our POS. My boss liked their analytics. He can get information on how many of which plate we sold from what time to what time, and we can check our peak times. That way we can schedule accordingly. That’s what he loves the most about it. In addition, anytime he had a question or a problem, he’ll call and they take care of it right away. Our experience has been very pleasant.

We aren’t using Upserve anymore because in the initial conversations, we needed the fees to be taken out on a daily basis and after everything were said and done, they didn’t do that. I still have to contact Upserve and officially separate with them. But I liked the software and the information that we had access to about our customers. The best part of it was the customer tracking.

Upserve gives us reporting but when we had one outlet which was seasonal and they saw that there were no transactions on it, they canceled the account on that one. I've been talking to them for months to try to get it turned back on but I haven't heard anything back. Also, I called a couple of times because we weren't getting the emailed reports which lasted for at least two months. Their support is definitely lacking.

Hi Michael,

I'm glad that our sales team was helpful and that you enjoy the analytics Upserve gives you.

Your dedicated Account Manager, Ashley, let me know she's reached out to you to see how we can make your experience even better.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

A local guy said that we should look at Upserve because it gives more feedback than just everything else who processes cards. It should be the cheapest and it has got more data like we're looking at Google Analytics. I looked at it and they were able to match the price that we had elsewhere. So, I thought I'd see if it's better. Their sales team analyzed some of my other restaurants and I could see what it would cost to do what. They also tried to come up with some models so I knew what the real price would be. I would not go out of my way to recommend them but I'm fine with it. I'm not actively switching either.

Upserve is really user-friendly. I like the weekly and daily reports. Overall, it's been a positive experience, and we’re happy with it.

Hi Blythe,

Our team is always happy to help. Your dedicated Account Manager here is John Poor. Reach out at any time if you need additional assistance. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

The Upserve guys were very helpful in our initial conversations as far as doing website-based invoicing and receivable. They were going to try to help me get up and going by doing receivables through my website, but it's a home merchant thing so I didn't do it. It's all very complicated, but they were great.

Hi Steve,

Our goal make your restaurant insights easy and accessible to you no matter where you are, so we are happy to hear this is something you are enjoying and that everything is going smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Upserve gives us a lot of reports that we didn't have to custom-create and then a click on a button would populate the date and send an email to us. We get ours about 405 or 406 every night with the sales and top servers for the day and it's maintenance-free. Also, we can access it from anywhere, either from a phone or a computer, without having to dial into our server. However, I have to shut down my computer every once in a while when I don't get my report and it starts right back up. Sales team has always been knowledgeable and helpful. Technical support had to be called a couple of times because they had to reinstall, but that was a Windows 10 update. Usually, they take care of the problem on the same day, either over the phone with me or if not, they'd wait until it's a downtime and call me back. Everything is smooth and works as promised.

Hi Calvin,

Happy to hear that the Upserve Platform is working so well for you and that our Support team has been knowledgeable. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to continuing to delight you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We were looking for a new POS system and researched a couple of different ones. Then we went to those locations and saw one that looked like it could work the best for us. With Upserve, I like all the reports and data keeping, and we can track pretty much anything and everything with it. We have the screens, printers, and cash boxes. Their customer service seemed pretty knowledgeable when I talked to them too. This has been a major upgrade and it's been a pretty good experience coming from what we had.

Upserve

Thank you for reaching out Miguel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Upserve experience. Your dedicated Account Manager, Allison, has passed along your suggestions directly to our Product Team. Allison is your main point of contact for any questions, concerns or feedback that you might have moving forward, so feel free to reach out! With your continued feedback we can help to make our platform even better.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

The Upserve POS is more user-friendly and cheaper to use than other systems and their technical teams are helpful. Every time we have a problem they answer right away and they help us go through them. The only issue that we face is to have more control over what the servers do with some of the transactions. There's no control if they split a check and then they delete that later and take the cash with them. We wish there was a command to let the manager know but other than that, the system works well. All in all, our experience with them has been very positive.

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for sharing your Upserve experience with us. Your dedicated Account Manager, Allison, shared that you have connected recently to discuss your rates. Allison will continue to work with you regarding questions, concerns and feedback. Our goal is to provide you the best all around customer experience possible. Your feedback helps us improve upon that goal, we appreciate you reaching out!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

A year ago I was working at El Original TX MX in addition to my work at The Tippler and I introduced El Original to Swipely which eventually became Upserve and Breadcrumb. I checked back with the bookkeeper whom I had trained at El Original to find that their rate was way lower than ours which pissed me off. I introduced Upserve to him but never got any recognition for it and finding out that he was getting lower rates on all four main cards distressed me.

Today I tried to get in touch with Upserve. They responded very quickly but I wasn't giving them the right information so I am going to wait for a month, look back again and see what the rates are in both companies. I don't expect Upserve to reach out and say "Oh we can save you 2%". But if I catch them giving 2% or less to someone I referred them to, then I'm going to be pissed off about that. I really like the instant customer service but I choose a credit card company to get a good rate. Tippler's not a huge company. We do about $3,000,000 in business and pay around $80,000 to $100,000 to the credit card companies. This gives us even more reason to save money by getting the best rate.

Hi April,

I'm so glad to hear that Breadcrumb is easy to use for your staff and that the Customer Service has improved since transitioning to Upserve.

Your dedicated Account Manager, Allison, has shared with me that she has reached out regarding the tax reporting you mention to help make your life a little easier.

Thank You for taking the time to provide us your insight.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We were having some issues with our POS and we were just looking at different companies to switch to. So we did a Google search and started calling companies and speaking to people. Breadcrumb was one of the ones that came up and at the time, our sales rep was awesome. He was a really cool and nice guy. He set us up and helped us out which was why we signed up. Unfortunately, he got fired with all the other staff. We had such bad customer service from our original system and Breadcrumb sold itself on this "For restaurant, by restaurant owner and we have this great customer service." And it turned out not to be like that. But now, it's in a much better place.

We had a list of items that we wanted and as we started talking to different companies and seeing demos, we just started seeing different things that catered better to our needs just in terms of back-end and management. I know most of the cloud-based systems are similar in the sense that, when the manager updates something from downstairs, it automatically updates on every station. That was something we hadn't had before. So, that was alluring to us. Then the owner really likes the way that Breadcrumb showed so many comprehensive reports.

Groupon sold us the system and Mike, the sales rep was really willing to help us that he even came out to the location. But after that, the customer service was abysmal, absolutely terrible. I learned that pretty much everybody was fired and that it was moving from Groupon over to Upserve. But then when it was switched over, Upserve itself has been great. Before it was switched over, I used to call but nobody would answer nor call back. Half the time they didn't know what they were talking about. And now, when I send an email, I get a response back right away. I get a phone call within the day or I get a follow-up phone call. So, now the customer service is really on point.

We have everything on lease. We have six stations, so we have six iPads, two cash drawers, six receipt printers, one kitchen printer and we also have all of the wiring and everything that came into that. There's also the Meraki router, an extender at access points and we just recently did a test with an NV reader. Since the equipment uses an iPad, it's easy for the staff to use and figure out. And we haven't had any issues with staff training. We can hire somebody and then they can come in and use the system.

But there are still some things that we do not like about the system that we want to see Upserve for. There is an issue with the inclusive and exclusive tax. In our old system, our bar is inclusive. So if you order a beer, that's $6, the tax is inclusive. However, what we were finding is if you put items as inclusive there but then if I'm sitting at a table, those items need to be taxed exclusive. So, it doesn't really work for us in the sense. The way we worked that out is we have a family server and I have a table of two, and they get two beers, we have a faux tax button that does nothing but manually adds on the tax. But then now we're leaving it into the servers' and the employees' hands to add on that tax button.

But if somebody gets a food item, it's a different story. It goes automatically to an exclusive tax and it's fine. So that's been quite a big issue for us since we started and we learned that there was probably not gonna be a resolution for that anytime soon. So, we just went with it. But we found that there's a lot more benefits than negatives in that sense. Overall, it's made it easier for me as a manager on the back-end.

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your informative review. I am happy the transition from Groupon was smooth and that our support team was able to help you. Your dedicated Account Manager, Kyle, let me know he has been in contact regarding your monthly billing reports to help find a better solution for you. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We were introduced to Upserve by Breadcrumb when they were owned by Groupon and Upserve was the preferred merchant services. Upserve bought Breadcrumb and they’ve been very communicative with us since then and let us know what’s going on. The system is not that difficult and we can figure out most of the stuff ourselves, but whenever we get stuck, the customer service was there to help us right away. The only difficult thing with them is getting monthly reports on billings. I have to go in through batch and look for fees. It's not intuitive. But we're still going to put them in another restaurant soon.

Hi Lonnie,

First, thank you for choosing Breadcrumb! The Offline Mode is a life-saver operationally.

Preauthorizing a tab was an important feature to many of our customers. Upserve listened and we introduced this feature at the beginning of the year! Your dedicated Account Manager, Griffin, let me know he's reached out to go through the feature together with you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We opened about the end of March last year. We researched several different POS systems and one of the reasons we liked Upserve is that we can continue to process credit cards even if we lose our internet because a lot of places are at a standstill when their internet goes down. They have to ask the customers to pay cash. We had a few issues in the beginning with setting things up. Also, when a customer walks up and wants to start a tab, if he hands his credit card and we swipe it, the system only saves the person's name. It doesn’t capture the credit card information like all other POS systems do and we thought this one would because we have a really big outdoor patio and the little iPad minis that the waitresses walk around with. They take an order, tickets get printed and then when somebody gets ready to leave, they swipe their card and sign the iPad with their finger. It has to be a glitch, but other than that, we've never had any problem.

Hi Allison,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry you didn't have a good experience when you closed your business as we understand it takes a lot of work to do so. We take our customer service very seriously here and hope that in the future, we can accommodate your needs at a higher standard.

Take care,

Kaylen

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We used Upserve's for a year in our business, but that is closed now. They were great when we were using them, and their customer service reps were very accommodating. Unfortunately, when we were trying to shut down the account, the call line was very difficult. They're more accommodating with small businesses. They were great with the set up, but closing our account down was a bit distasteful.

When I was shopping for a POS, I had a handful of criteria that were absolute musts for me, in terms of features that it provided. One of which was the ability to swipe the customers credit card and then be able to give them their credit card back. Meaning the POS would capture credit card information, so in the event that a customer opened a tab and left, we would be able to charge them for their tab without having their physical card. I didn't want the liability of holding everybody's cards.

The sales person that I talked to that time told me that it was in fact an option and was something that I confirmed with her numerous times before we paid the price tag for everything, just to make sure I was getting what I wanted. A week before we opened, we unboxed everything and got it set up to find out that that in fact was not the case and was told at that time that I could send everything back for a full refund. And that was a bummer.

But I've had varying degrees of satisfaction. Whenever I call if we're having an issue, it gets handled promptly and efficiently and it gets taken care of. We've had this ongoing issue for the past couple of months, that I've been trying to address and they dropped the ball numerous times, as their people don't email me back and then when I finally get someone to admit that the ball gets dropped, they still get don't get back to me. And the situation repeats to different people, time and time again, just to try to get a solution to the problem.

Upserve has pluses and minuses, but all POS software does. Their customer service is sometimes slow to respond. When there are issues it could take a long time to get them resolved. The cost is what is attractive for a new restaurant. It's relatively inexpensive, but the downside are some things like not being able to comp a percentage off a single item on a ticket, and weird things seem to happen with credit card transactions. They disappear sometimes, so I have to go back through and send email copies. Upserve is a fairly good product but if I could rewrite it and change a couple of things, I probably would.

Hi Dan,

Always happy to hear from customers that have been with us from the beginning! I'm glad that our Support and Account Management Teams have always been able to help answer any questions. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I met the owner of the company way back in the day when it was still called Swipely. I worked with him on some stuff and then he tried a few other things and came in one day and he’d started a credit card processing company called Swipely. Then we liked what he had and we started using Swipely at one of the bars I was at. Our boss liked him and we stayed with him when they turned to Upserve. He was getting a really good deal with them overall, so we were able to stay in that family of bars and get a similar discount. Every time I had to talk to their customer service, they were able to answer my question. I would recommend them to a friend.

Upserve

Hi Jahvin - Thanks for your detailed feedback! It is customers like you that help our team develop and grow our product to fit your needs. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who shared that you two have been in touch. She will be your main point of contact moving forward and will be able to get you set up with our EMV solution. We are excited to be working with you and encourage you to provide as much feedback as you can so that we can deliver a great customer experience. Thanks and have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

We were looking for something that worked really well on Apple’s operating system. We have Breadcrumb which was bought by Upserve. It never really changed on the frontend for us, but we’ve been interacting more with guys from Upserve on the customer service side. We got two KDS stands for the displays and activated the system. I’ve been speaking with our account manager and she would get that going. It was a pretty good interaction.

I like the ability of this being upfront at the customer’s table and putting orders right there. With the system itself, I love the backend of the reports and I'm seeing what’s going on in real-time. I might not necessarily be in the restaurant but I can still see what’s going on. The wow factor of Upserve is the customer service and there is a vast improvement in that area compared to when Breadcrumb was by itself at Groupon.

Getting a hold of people at customer service was always an issue then, but it's more accessible right now. Upserve customer service has a 24-hour access. If there is something that Upserve is not too sure about, they give me a timeframe of when they could get back to me with it. When the KDS first came out, I had an issue. The couple of service specialist I spoke with told me that they were not too sure about the answer that time but asked me to give them a 24-hour timeframe and they would get back to me, which they did. That’s why I love the service so far.

Upserve

Hi Hillary - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with our services. We are glad to hear that a year after your initial purchase, the system is performing to your liking. There has been a great deal of improvements made to not only the product but our team as well. It is good to see that the support has been helpfully when needed. We look forward to building our relationship in the future and providing you continued exceptional customer service.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We opened a new restaurant last December and Breadcrumb was one of the POSs that came up in my search. We liked their demos most out of all the different platforms that we looked at at that time. We leased three terminals for the point of sale, cash drawer, credit card swipers and the Meraki router for the whole system. I've used their technical support a few times and they have been friendly and relatively helpful.

Upserve

Hey Natalie, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and I’m glad your experience through the Breadcrumb acquisition has been a positive one. On-site support is a request we hear from time to time, and we agree that it would be beneficial. As we continue to grow together as a company, hopefully that can be a possibility in the future. We wish you continued success, and look forward to working with you down the road. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated account manager, Bobby, who is more than happy to help. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

We use Breadcrumb for our POS system, and Upserve comes along with it. The person that we spoke with explained what the program was, and they were nice and thorough. The equipment is easy to use and relatively maintained. Their customer service is always available, 24/7. However, it's always a little frustrating for me. There is no field support and nobody comes out. It's all only accessible over the phone. But other than that, it's good. Most of the people know what they're talking about and are able to help and fix the problem, so that's helpful. It's a learning experience that's relatively positive.

Upserve

Dear Mi​ke - Thank you for leaving a review and for your honest feedback regarding our services. We are sorry that you were misinformed regarding your IPad password, but are glad that we are working together towards rectifying the issue. We are dedicated to providing the support needed to ensure your experience with Upserve is a positive one.

We recognize that we miscommunicated some information but are dedicated as a company on being transparent and honest with every costumer regarding the services we provide. Please know that you can lean on your dedicated account manager, Patty, who will do her best to ensure that Crepes Du Nord is receiving the support it needs.

We thank you again for taking time to leave a review and are eagerly looking into the future, towards a successful and positive relationship with you and Crepes Du Nord.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Before I started the service with Breadcrumb & Upserve I spoke with Steven. I had other options to go for but I asked that the new business I am buying they have an iPad from your company. Breadcrumb is not working because it is missing a password. "Can you replace it if I join your service?" He agreed. But after I joined he refused to replace it saying that he give me a discount on the service. He wanted just to get my business (2 restaurant). I will cancel very soon.

Upserve Company Profile