toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Upserve

Hi Marshall - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. As your dedicated Account Manager, Erika would like to thank you for this great review. If there is anything she can do, or if questions arise in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to her directly.

Please keep the information listed below for future reference. Erika's calendar link is the best way to set up a time to talk, do further trainings, or if there is anything support cannot answer. Once again, we truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback. Have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

Upserve was good in letting me know what the costs were and made an easy transition. I like the reporting tool that they give me. The simplest, neatest thing is the email that comes everyday. It's a great break down. It gives me the info I need and a quick snapshot of all they can do. They've got so much to offer that I almost need more time to spend with all the tools so I could advance the benefits I can get from the system. All the interactions I have with the customer service team have been really easy. Any questions I have, they're quick to respond. I just shoot off an email. They reach out with updates they have without me having to hunt them down. They’re very interactive and helpful with me as far as communication.

Hi, Brady.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. We are happy to know you value the Upserve experience, and how we can better help your business grow with what we provide.

In terms of the your frustration about deposits hitting your account, we want to start by saying we understand your frustration. While it is not something we can change, we assure you that we are working diligently to make sure you get your money in a timely manner. Upserve has dedicated support across the board, and we want you to take advantage of that support to better help run your business, and to address any issues you may have.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback, and we value you being a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

The Upserve rep was great. I was shown enough cool stuff to make me want to switch. I have their credit card processing and I like all the bells and whistles on the online back office, which is the manager's logbook and calendar that shows our sales by hour for any date in the past. I can grow some data on what happens on different holidays. I can go back to last year's Mother's Day or whenever and see when we got the busiest. But like every business owner, I'm frustrated that we don't get our money when we want it. Because of Columbus Day, which is a made-up reason to not give me my money, I had Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's sales all sitting in someone else's bank account until today.

Upserve

Hi Sortir! Thank you for taking the time to provide us such positive feedback on your Upserve experience thus far. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who has informed me that you two have already been introduced. She will be your direct point of contact moving forward with any questions that may come up. Allison shared that you guys may be a great fit for our Kitchen Display System (KDS). We are excited to have you on board and look forward to working with you. Thanks again for your time; it is customers like you that make our team better!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

At the time when I opened my business a few years ago, I was big on the Wi-Fi tablet because I worked in a nightclub for a long time and I didn't want to do the hardwired, PC version. We got Breadcrumb and they got bought out by Upserve. Upserve has been great so far. Their customer service team is hands down fantastic. The new reports that I get are much better from the previous one that we had at Breadcrumb. Super detailed and very useful information. I heard that they're are also doing the kitchen monitors, which I'm very interested in.

Upserve

Hi Michael! Thank you for the stellar review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who shared that you guys were able to connect over the phone today. We are excited to hear that you are a happy customer and we will continue to work to provide you with the best product and customer service that we can. Hope you have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Upserve seems to be operating in a much better system since they bought Breadcrumb. The only time we ever had any issues were when we were doing updates and then sometimes the updates won't fully configure the way we were hoping they would. That only happened twice over the updates. They've been doing a lot of updates lately as they keep trying to make the product better. But overall, I'm very happy with them.

Upserve

Thank you for reaching out Miguel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Upserve experience. Your dedicated Account Manager, Allison, has passed along your suggestions directly to our Product Team. Allison is your main point of contact for any questions, concerns or feedback that you might have moving forward, so feel free to reach out! With your continued feedback we can help to make our platform even better.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

The Upserve POS is more user-friendly and cheaper to use than other systems and their technical teams are helpful. Every time we have a problem they answer right away and they help us go through them. The only issue that we face is to have more control over what the servers do with some of the transactions. There's no control if they split a check and then they delete that later and take the cash with them. We wish there was a command to let the manager know but other than that, the system works well. All in all, our experience with them has been very positive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Upserve?

Resolution In Progress

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for sharing your Upserve experience with us. Your dedicated Account Manager, Allison, shared that you have connected recently to discuss your rates. Allison will continue to work with you regarding questions, concerns and feedback. Our goal is to provide you the best all around customer experience possible. Your feedback helps us improve upon that goal, we appreciate you reaching out!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

A year ago I was working at El Original TX MX in addition to my work at The Tippler and I introduced El Original to Swipely which eventually became Upserve and Breadcrumb. I checked back with the bookkeeper whom I had trained at El Original to find that their rate was way lower than ours which pissed me off. I introduced Upserve to him but never got any recognition for it and finding out that he was getting lower rates on all four main cards distressed me.

Today I tried to get in touch with Upserve. They responded very quickly but I wasn't giving them the right information so I am going to wait for a month, look back again and see what the rates are in both companies. I don't expect Upserve to reach out and say "Oh we can save you 2%". But if I catch them giving 2% or less to someone I referred them to, then I'm going to be pissed off about that. I really like the instant customer service but I choose a credit card company to get a good rate. Tippler's not a huge company. We do about $3,000,000 in business and pay around $80,000 to $100,000 to the credit card companies. This gives us even more reason to save money by getting the best rate.

We were having some issues with our POS and we were just looking at different companies to switch to. So we did a Google search and started calling companies and speaking to people. Breadcrumb was one of the ones that came up and at the time, our sales rep was awesome. He was a really cool and nice guy. He set us up and helped us out which was why we signed up. Unfortunately, he got fired with all the other staff. We had such bad customer service from our original system and Breadcrumb sold itself on this "For restaurant, by restaurant owner and we have this great customer service." And it turned out not to be like that. But now, it's in a much better place.

We had a list of items that we wanted and as we started talking to different companies and seeing demos, we just started seeing different things that catered better to our needs just in terms of back-end and management. I know most of the cloud-based systems are similar in the sense that, when the manager updates something from downstairs, it automatically updates on every station. That was something we hadn't had before. So, that was alluring to us. Then the owner really likes the way that Breadcrumb showed so many comprehensive reports.

Groupon sold us the system and Mike, the sales rep was really willing to help us that he even came out to the location. But after that, the customer service was abysmal, absolutely terrible. I learned that pretty much everybody was fired and that it was moving from Groupon over to Upserve. But then when it was switched over, Upserve itself has been great. Before it was switched over, I used to call but nobody would answer nor call back. Half the time they didn't know what they were talking about. And now, when I send an email, I get a response back right away. I get a phone call within the day or I get a follow-up phone call. So, now the customer service is really on point.

We have everything on lease. We have six stations, so we have six iPads, two cash drawers, six receipt printers, one kitchen printer and we also have all of the wiring and everything that came into that. There's also the Meraki router, an extender at access points and we just recently did a test with an NV reader. Since the equipment uses an iPad, it's easy for the staff to use and figure out. And we haven't had any issues with staff training. We can hire somebody and then they can come in and use the system.

But there are still some things that we do not like about the system that we want to see Upserve for. There is an issue with the inclusive and exclusive tax. In our old system, our bar is inclusive. So if you order a beer, that's $6, the tax is inclusive. However, what we were finding is if you put items as inclusive there but then if I'm sitting at a table, those items need to be taxed exclusive. So, it doesn't really work for us in the sense. The way we worked that out is we have a family server and I have a table of two, and they get two beers, we have a faux tax button that does nothing but manually adds on the tax. But then now we're leaving it into the servers' and the employees' hands to add on that tax button.

But if somebody gets a food item, it's a different story. It goes automatically to an exclusive tax and it's fine. So that's been quite a big issue for us since we started and we learned that there was probably not gonna be a resolution for that anytime soon. So, we just went with it. But we found that there's a lot more benefits than negatives in that sense. Overall, it's made it easier for me as a manager on the back-end.

We were introduced to Upserve by Breadcrumb when they were owned by Groupon and Upserve was the preferred merchant services. Upserve bought Breadcrumb and they’ve been very communicative with us since then and let us know what’s going on. The system is not that difficult and we can figure out most of the stuff ourselves, but whenever we get stuck, the customer service was there to help us right away. The only difficult thing with them is getting monthly reports on billings. I have to go in through batch and look for fees. It's not intuitive. But we're still going to put them in another restaurant soon.

We opened about the end of March last year. We researched several different POS systems and one of the reasons we liked Upserve is that we can continue to process credit cards even if we lose our internet because a lot of places are at a standstill when their internet goes down. They have to ask the customers to pay cash. We had a few issues in the beginning with setting things up. Also, when a customer walks up and wants to start a tab, if he hands his credit card and we swipe it, the system only saves the person's name. It doesn’t capture the credit card information like all other POS systems do and we thought this one would because we have a really big outdoor patio and the little iPad minis that the waitresses walk around with. They take an order, tickets get printed and then when somebody gets ready to leave, they swipe their card and sign the iPad with their finger. It has to be a glitch, but other than that, we've never had any problem.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Allison,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry you didn't have a good experience when you closed your business as we understand it takes a lot of work to do so. We take our customer service very seriously here and hope that in the future, we can accommodate your needs at a higher standard.

Take care,

Kaylen

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We used Upserve's for a year in our business, but that is closed now. They were great when we were using them, and their customer service reps were very accommodating. Unfortunately, when we were trying to shut down the account, the call line was very difficult. They're more accommodating with small businesses. They were great with the set up, but closing our account down was a bit distasteful.

When I was shopping for a POS, I had a handful of criteria that were absolute musts for me, in terms of features that it provided. One of which was the ability to swipe the customers credit card and then be able to give them their credit card back. Meaning the POS would capture credit card information, so in the event that a customer opened a tab and left, we would be able to charge them for their tab without having their physical card. I didn't want the liability of holding everybody's cards.

The sales person that I talked to that time told me that it was in fact an option and was something that I confirmed with her numerous times before we paid the price tag for everything, just to make sure I was getting what I wanted. A week before we opened, we unboxed everything and got it set up to find out that that in fact was not the case and was told at that time that I could send everything back for a full refund. And that was a bummer.

But I've had varying degrees of satisfaction. Whenever I call if we're having an issue, it gets handled promptly and efficiently and it gets taken care of. We've had this ongoing issue for the past couple of months, that I've been trying to address and they dropped the ball numerous times, as their people don't email me back and then when I finally get someone to admit that the ball gets dropped, they still get don't get back to me. And the situation repeats to different people, time and time again, just to try to get a solution to the problem.

Upserve has pluses and minuses, but all POS software does. Their customer service is sometimes slow to respond. When there are issues it could take a long time to get them resolved. The cost is what is attractive for a new restaurant. It's relatively inexpensive, but the downside are some things like not being able to comp a percentage off a single item on a ticket, and weird things seem to happen with credit card transactions. They disappear sometimes, so I have to go back through and send email copies. Upserve is a fairly good product but if I could rewrite it and change a couple of things, I probably would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I met the owner of the company way back in the day when it was still called Swipely. I worked with him on some stuff and then he tried a few other things and came in one day and he’d started a credit card processing company called Swipely. Then we liked what he had and we started using Swipely at one of the bars I was at. Our boss liked him and we stayed with him when they turned to Upserve. He was getting a really good deal with them overall, so we were able to stay in that family of bars and get a similar discount. Every time I had to talk to their customer service, they were able to answer my question. I would recommend them to a friend.

Upserve

Hi Jahvin - Thanks for your detailed feedback! It is customers like you that help our team develop and grow our product to fit your needs. I have spoken with your account manager Allison who shared that you two have been in touch. She will be your main point of contact moving forward and will be able to get you set up with our EMV solution. We are excited to be working with you and encourage you to provide as much feedback as you can so that we can deliver a great customer experience. Thanks and have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

We were looking for something that worked really well on Apple’s operating system. We have Breadcrumb which was bought by Upserve. It never really changed on the frontend for us, but we’ve been interacting more with guys from Upserve on the customer service side. We got two KDS stands for the displays and activated the system. I’ve been speaking with our account manager and she would get that going. It was a pretty good interaction.

I like the ability of this being upfront at the customer’s table and putting orders right there. With the system itself, I love the backend of the reports and I'm seeing what’s going on in real-time. I might not necessarily be in the restaurant but I can still see what’s going on. The wow factor of Upserve is the customer service and there is a vast improvement in that area compared to when Breadcrumb was by itself at Groupon.

Getting a hold of people at customer service was always an issue then, but it's more accessible right now. Upserve customer service has a 24-hour access. If there is something that Upserve is not too sure about, they give me a timeframe of when they could get back to me with it. When the KDS first came out, I had an issue. The couple of service specialist I spoke with told me that they were not too sure about the answer that time but asked me to give them a 24-hour timeframe and they would get back to me, which they did. That’s why I love the service so far.

Upserve

Hi Hillary - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with our services. We are glad to hear that a year after your initial purchase, the system is performing to your liking. There has been a great deal of improvements made to not only the product but our team as well. It is good to see that the support has been helpfully when needed. We look forward to building our relationship in the future and providing you continued exceptional customer service.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We opened a new restaurant last December and Breadcrumb was one of the POSs that came up in my search. We liked their demos most out of all the different platforms that we looked at at that time. We leased three terminals for the point of sale, cash drawer, credit card swipers and the Meraki router for the whole system. I've used their technical support a few times and they have been friendly and relatively helpful.

Upserve

Hey Natalie, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and I’m glad your experience through the Breadcrumb acquisition has been a positive one. On-site support is a request we hear from time to time, and we agree that it would be beneficial. As we continue to grow together as a company, hopefully that can be a possibility in the future. We wish you continued success, and look forward to working with you down the road. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated account manager, Bobby, who is more than happy to help. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

We use Breadcrumb for our POS system, and Upserve comes along with it. The person that we spoke with explained what the program was, and they were nice and thorough. The equipment is easy to use and relatively maintained. Their customer service is always available, 24/7. However, it's always a little frustrating for me. There is no field support and nobody comes out. It's all only accessible over the phone. But other than that, it's good. Most of the people know what they're talking about and are able to help and fix the problem, so that's helpful. It's a learning experience that's relatively positive.

Upserve

Dear Mi​ke - Thank you for leaving a review and for your honest feedback regarding our services. We are sorry that you were misinformed regarding your IPad password, but are glad that we are working together towards rectifying the issue. We are dedicated to providing the support needed to ensure your experience with Upserve is a positive one.

We recognize that we miscommunicated some information but are dedicated as a company on being transparent and honest with every costumer regarding the services we provide. Please know that you can lean on your dedicated account manager, Patty, who will do her best to ensure that Crepes Du Nord is receiving the support it needs.

We thank you again for taking time to leave a review and are eagerly looking into the future, towards a successful and positive relationship with you and Crepes Du Nord.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Before I started the service with Breadcrumb & Upserve I spoke with Steven. I had other options to go for but I asked that the new business I am buying they have an iPad from your company. Breadcrumb is not working because it is missing a password. "Can you replace it if I join your service?" He agreed. But after I joined he refused to replace it saying that he give me a discount on the service. He wanted just to get my business (2 restaurant). I will cancel very soon.

Upserve

Hi James! First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal Breadcrumb customer over the past 4 years! Your account manager Allison has informed me that you had a chance to connect about some specific feature requests that you are looking for in regards to reporting and pooling tips. Allison has submitted your feature requests to our product and engineering teams and will follow up with updates. Please continue to use Allison as your main point of contact with any and all feedback that you have. It is customers like you that help us grow and develop our product to better fit your needs. Please let us know if there is any way that we can improve your customer experience!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We've used Breadcrumb for the past 4 years since opening the business, and have seen some improvements to the system. The system works well in general but is weak in the card swipe end of things. I've asked for several feature updates/improvements over the years but have only gotten one or two developed into system updates. The two most significant updates that would help me in our business would be to turn the Check Out Report into a Sales Report. In other words make it time sensitive so that sales from a particular user could be tracked with any specified time range input into the system after the trading day.

The other update would be that the system would recognize and track which user entered an item onto a check, rather than just telling me who opened the check, this way multiple users could enter items onto co-mingled checks and their sales could be tracked (very useful when assigning tips if you're not using a pooled system). One more upgrade would be to have the ability to color code "buttons." Thanks!

Upserve

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s customers like you that help us continue to grow and improve. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we would like to help in any way that we can. Your dedicated account manager Allison has shared that she has sent you an email to find a time to connect. We are working to ensure that your POS will be able to remain fully functioning in offline mode. We understand that you have a concern with not being able to accept payments when the system goes down. Every piece of feedback that you provide helps us better understand how to improve our product. Please feel free to contact Allison with any questions or concerns. We also have 24x7x365 support team who is available to answer your questions.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We got the Upserve point of sale system and it's easy to use. Three nights ago, everything went down and we could only accept cash payments for a while. That happened before with Breadcrumb, before they merged with Upserve so that was frustrating. But other than that, our experience with them has been good.

Hi Cathy,

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave a review. And we're glad that you find the system extremely user-friendly. Our apologies for the long wait time that you experienced a few weeks ago. If part of the system is not working properly...it can definitely result in longer wait times. But if you subscribe to status.breadcrumb.com, you can receive direct updates about the system. And you can definitely set some time up with your Account Manager, Bobby, to get you fully versed on the system.

Thanks and we look forward to our continued partnership!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The bar has Upserve's electronic register and it is connected to the iPads that we use. It is super easy and user-friendly compared to the system we had prior, which went down all the time. We only had a few issues with the Breadcrumb going down. If it goes down like when we have a credit card problem, the customer service is really great at responding to those inquiries via email. However, two days ago, the system went down and I was on hold on the phone for 45 minutes. I didn’t talk to anybody. Their guys were pretty busy 'cause it went down all over but it resolved itself. Other than being down at 5:15 during dinner time, we didn't really have any issues. I don't have any training in the system, but I found it super easy to navigate and learn how to use so it's that helpful.

Upserve

Hi Josh, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Breadcrumb & Upserve continue to grow and improve, together. Upserve has really focused on giving Breadcrumb the same great customer service support that Upserve has been known for. We look forward to working with you in the future and appreciate your continued feedback. Happy holidays!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We had the point of sale system from Breadcrumb, and Upserve took that over, but their service is much better than it was with Breadcrumb. I like that the Upserve equipment works. The sales reps are absolutely fine. The customer service and technical support reps answer the phone when I call them and fix the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had good and bad experiences with Upserve customer service. We got a point of sale system and the ease of use and the speed is a great feature of the product. But we ran into issues when the system went into offline mode. Sometimes, stuff would disappear and come back later. So what that would do is it would either send to the bar, the kitchen, or both or not send. So I have to be on the lookout for those.

I'm not having anybody really on site to come and help us, check on anything or troubleshoot some of the hardware. We're using the point of sale that's all hooked up in Apple hardware and installed through Breadcrumb. We've had an issue where some of the product's records are going out or they're not charging all the way. It's minor stuff but when it happens constantly, it's hard to spend time and troubleshoot. Then there was a point in time before Upserve took over, where Breadcrumb stopped to really responding to any customer service. They weren't getting back to us anytime there's any issue which were major like outages. We couldn't get anyone online for a couple of days. By that time it was like having to puzzle back all the transactions to make sure people got tips. It was at the end of the closing date. So that closes out on all the checks with about six servers with full section. So that was a huge pain. It took me about a month to piece all that back together.

Upserve sent us a card and it said, "Hey, use this for all your support needs." So I was calling that number, leaving messages, talking with people. Every time I would call they would say, "We don't have any record of this." And so I called three times and then finally I did it on my own. I started looking through the transactions, just doing what I could because it was about a week later and we do daily cash transactions that we got to reconcile a couple of days after. We only have a small amount of cash but it's probably pretty difficult for any restaurant.

Finally I got a little more help when Upserve stepped in and took control of the situation. But I was like, "Are you kidding? This could have gotten solved that day. That's what I was trying to tell, all these different facts and no one was getting what I was saying." So that's a miscommunication. I don't think that's unsolvable. In the end, Levi, from Upserve handled it the best. I've had really good luck with him. He's been really helpful when I get a chance to get him on the phone. We can really get through some of the issues. So I do think that the customer service has improved. And I think as long as that continues, and then there's somebody that's actually going to be able to help and understand what the issues are, it's gonna be a positive product still.

Upserve

Hi Jillian - Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with our product. It is our goal to help you utilize everything we have to offer to make running your business easier. When time permits, please know your Account Manager Kyle Ricci would be more than happy to walk you through our software. As you move forward it is our mission to continue providing top of the line products and industry leading customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

We've been using Breadcrumb iPad POS for about four years now and it's definitely gotten much better and much more stable since Upserve took over. It works pretty great for the most part and it does what it needs to do. I haven't had a chance to delve into the back end of Upserve and all of the things they offer right now but I know that there's a lot of things on there that I would love to utilize regularly. It seems like a really great opportunity to delve into. Their customer service reps are receptive and they know pretty much. as much as they can. It's been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were originally with Breadcrumb and Upserve bought them out so we already had our iPads and the equipment. We didn't have to buy a new equipment which was one of the advantages of staying with Upserve. They've also been pretty good about training. Levi, who was part of the Breadcrumb team, is now in Upserve and definitely an asset. He's been the most helpful and has been great at getting back to us right away. I really don't think the Upserve app is very helpful as much as the online is. The Upserve app is weird and needs some work. It doesn't really tell much information except for group information. We'd like to know everything we can get on the website on our phone.

We asked them to keep working on the labor portion because the labor doesn't calculate overtime right now and the labor percentages are not accurate because it's based on overtime. Also, accounts on food and beverage aren't accurate. It doesn't give the same numbers for some reason so we always still go to Breadcrumb for our account numbers. We brought that up with them 2 months ago and haven't heard any response about that. Even so, they have been responsive to our request to only report net sales instead of gross sales since they have that changed.

Upserve

Hi Sam - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know that you value the Upserve experience and that we are able to provide a viable tool that helps Chomp thrive. We understand that running such a successful business is hard work and we are glad that you rely on our analytics to guide you in the right direction.

Also, thank you very much for referring your friends to Upserve and for speaking so highly of the work we do. Please remember that through our referral program we enthusiastically make donations to various charities, such as the Clean Water Fund, in your name to pay it forward. We are proud of the charities we choose to work with because they are truly making an impact and improving the lives of people in need, so thank you.

Once again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing how Chomp will continue to succeed in the year to come!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I was in the area where Upserve was based out of. I was into it when they first launched. I have Upserve although I had Breadcrumb before they acquired it three years ago. That was what I first started out on. I like the analytics of Upserve and it’s always been great with their customer service. I used to be a beta tester for them too so I love them. It’s a great company and I always tell people that they should use them.

Upserve

Hi Ali - We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We have enjoyed working with you in the past, and look forward to continuing to grow our relationship in the future. Customers like you are what drives us to want to constantly improve. Customer service is something we value highly, so thank you for taking the time to recognize their efforts. We still strive to do better, however. So anything you need going forward, we'll be here!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I have the Breadcrumb POS and the Upserve software. The salesperson called and said Upserve was buying Breadcrumb. They wanted us to go through the software demo with them, and it turned out to be a well-informed demo. We liked the services and what Upserve has to offer. I also enjoy the customer intelligence that we get to have that much more information about our customers: new customers, repeat customers, and the transaction-level data.

Furthermore, their customer service has been a step up from what we had at Breadcrumb earlier. They are quick to jump on the lines when I call, it's barely a minute or two of wait time, and so far, the interactions have been great. Plus, they are knowledgeable, and know what's up. We had a little complicated issue some time back a couple of days ago and they followed-up and are working on resolving the problem. Overall, it's been a great experience. I'm enjoying our Upserve relationship between the products that they offer and the customer service. I would recommend Upserve.

Upserve

Hi Paul - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're excited to be working with Tavern Steakhouse & Lounge and The Firkin. We'd like to offer our continued support in the future. It's customers like you that help us continue to grow!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

We just started using Upserve so we’re still going through some training but the software's easy to access. Their sales team was good then the technical support and customer service were helpful as well.

Upserve

Hi Tony - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear you've had a positive experience with Upserve from sales to service. It is customers such as yourself that we enjoy working with the most because you use Upserve to better your business. We look forward to working with you and your team members at Long Doggers going forward. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Upserve, which was Swipely then, was brought to me by one of my managers. My interaction with their sales team was very positive. They’re very helpful and very informative. Using the software, I am able to understand my guests’ buying behaviors.

Upserve

Hi Josh - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Upserve. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative, as it helps us improve and grow as a company. It's customers such as yourself that Upserve enjoys working with the most because you share the same passion as we do for your business. It is the goal of the company to continue exceeding your expectations through great support and products. If you need anything in the future, feel free to reach out to your dedicated account manager, Kyle or call/email our 24/7 support team. Thanks and have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I heard about Upserve when I was looking for data analysis solutions for restaurants. Not too many are in that game right now. We chose a different POS first, then we realized how terrible they were and then went to Breadcrumb. I called their sales team, told them I’m going to use their service and they had exactly what I was looking for, and we’ve got a bunch of iPads. Their customer service team has been helpful. I like the fact that if it breaks I know I could replace an iPad. I use all of my own networking equipment and I like the simplicity. The biggest pleasing thing versus solutions like Aloha and Micros is that I can sit in my office apartment in my underwear and update the menu. And that’s a luxury we can’t pay for.

Upserve

Hi, Randy. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s customers like you that help Upserve continue to grow and improve. We are happy to know that you value the Upserve experience and that we are able to provide a viable tool that helps your business thrive across all six locations. Your experience working one on one with our development team is also great to hear and we will pass the message along. I heard you spoke with Patty, your dedicated account manager, who you can continue to reach out to with any questions. Like any restaurant that is always changing and evolving it's menu, Upserve is always evolving as well and we have you and your management staff to thank for the constructive feedback and ideas.

Once again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing how we can collaborate in the year to come!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

We’ve been with Upserve since they were Swipely. We were looking for a loyalty program then and ended up getting involved with them. They’re our credit card processor. They take our Micros data, use and format it, then we receive reports from them on a daily basis. We have six locations that receive the reporting every morning on sales, sales trends, menu items that sell, server performance, and social media activity. There’s a lot of information that we receive which is great. Upserve is a great tool for us to map out our sales and food trends. We also get on the phone with their development team once every six weeks. They’ve been very good at using our suggestions, letting us be a data test for some of their new ideas as they expand the reporting tool.

Upserve Company Profile