toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

POS Nation

Thank you Gary for feedback. We believe in working on a personal level because every one of our customers are unique to themselves. Any questions you may have in the future, we'd love to answer them for you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I did some research on the internet and I went to the POS Nation website and saw videos of people that use the system. It's more user-friendly than what I previously had. It does everything I needed to do as far as tracking inventory, reorder points, cash ups, and the credit cards are integrated into the system. I dealt with Ryan and everything went great. He was very helpful. Every time I needed something, I called, he talked to me, and walked me through anything. Their service tech department is the same way. I had questions on how different things work, and they were always right there and answered my question every time. They didn't put me on hold or told me they'll call me back. They answered my questions right away. So far, I'm very satisfied with them.

Jennifer from POS called and I liked what she had to say. She was a really nice salesperson, friendly, knowledgeable about their product, but wasn't overly pushy on anything. I got the POS-X with cash register express on it which she really sold by her knowledge of it, telling me which one is good depending on my price range. I have been burned in the past with Harbortouch and their system turning out to be a piece of junk. But for this one, I got what Jennifer recommended after I told her what store I have and what was needed.

The POS technical support team is very friendly and responsive. They're a bit smarter than me though, so sometimes they don't understand what I'm saying because I'm not saying it in nerd term. So I tell their technicians that they gotta talk in normal speed, not nerd language. They laugh and explain it in a different way. Jennifer has also been completely awesome during some of these situations. She answers the phone or calls me right back. She was very pleasant to speak to. I also email her most of the time and she'd reply within five to ten minutes. She is right on the ball.

Systems are all working pretty good as of now. There are a few things I wish could be changed. My vendors aren't nerds or aren't the smartest tools in the shed, and they sometimes screw up my orders because they're so much on a purchase order that they end up looking at the wrong number. I wish I could simplify the purchase orders as there are so much columns right now and the vendors end up looking at the wrong one. All of my vendors have done that mistake: Dr. Pepper, Budweiser, etc. Each one of them has done something different, and it's just because they look at the wrong column. However I can't rid of the other columns since it's part of the programming. The vendors mess it up even more when it's printed because it prints out funny.

Nevertheless after a couple of weeks of me looking at it, I had it figured out and I don't mess up the columns anymore. My vendors however got hundreds of accounts they go into every week, so they can't remember my account from week to week. Vendors like Budweiser also change employees often so about every other month, I'm training a new vendor. Every time I get a new vendor I prepare myself that they're gonna screw up the delivery. But that's really my only complaint about the POS. I wish we could change the reports a little bit, instead of having them fixed in the system. Still, I would recommend this company.

POS Nation

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on our diverse knowledge in several industries, that way we can best match each customer with the right POS system solution. Any further questions or curiosities you may have, we'd be more than happy to answer.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I needed a better person to do business with and I called another dealer and he recommended POS to me. I worked with Spencer who did a good job with customer service and convinced me that their company was the right company to deal with. Any time we needed anything, they were there for us. And their pricing was excellent. Their sales team was wonderful. They understood what I was trying to do and they didn’t make us feel like we were stupid or immature. I purchased their cloud software because we have multi-stores and we needed some type of multi-store communication and was able to get it from that. I like its ease of operation and the ability to do multi-store operations.

I was looking for a POS register and the price everywhere and I found that POS Nation's price was all right. I got a cash register for a liquor store and the sales team helped me well. I like that the equipment is a touchscreen.

POS Nation has an easy program to learn and use. Their Cash Register Express is also user-friendly. In addition, when we had a freeze-up one time and called their tech support, they helped us through it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

We got the Cash Register Express from POS Nation. Having to try to learn a bunch of different things wasn't something we were looking for. All of this was already set up. Once we plugged it in we simply made a phone call and they walked us through inputting all of our inventory and tracking all of it. It took less than three days of setting everything up which was very simple. Three days may sound like a long time but not when I’m trying to familiarize myself. And we've had three employees that it took an hour or less to train them.

When I spoke with the POS Nation sales rep, he knew his product more than a lot of others. He knew exactly what we wanted and catered to exactly what we were looking for. He went through the ins and outs. There were some limitations to what he was offering but he didn't hide that. We spoke about all the issues and he did a good job of explaining everything. The selling point was the ability of having customer service 24/7 and knowing that we were speaking to someone that knew, not a call center where I can't understand half of what was being said. And if we ever have an issue, they could handle it and that has been the case since we've had it. A lot of times people buy programs and it's not what they're looking for and by that time it's too late. It’s important to have a rep, a physical person that I can count on and talk to if there's an issue. That was a big selling point for us.

I like the POS Nation system's ability to track and input inventory easily and its functionality is not difficult. The icons are easy to follow and it walks me through my sale. It's been extremely reliable; we've been able to do everything we wanted to with it. Plus the interactions with customer service have been great. We had an issue but we were still able to track our inventory because of customer service helping to get through that challenge.

We were looking for a vendor who is in the Charlotte area. We brought our business to POS Nation because of their staff's knowledge and they were very kind and not pushy. This software is user-friendly, very quick to set up and there was someone who supported in the Charlotte area. The other people that we had checked with, their software was comparable but in the end, it was all about the customer support.

Their sales team got everything I needed quickly. We ordered the Kitchen Printers and the full POS Software with the actual card reader for the restaurant. We met with the customer support and the ones that I have talked to have been very knowledgeable. We had a guy come out one day and stayed with us all day and set up the equipment in the restaurant. He did a very good job. I'm the director of IT and I handle the masonry company and then we also own the restaurant as well. From my stand point on it, I like that the girls are not having to call me daily with issues. So if they're not calling me then that means that it must be fairly simple to use.

We had a five-year-old outdated hardware POS, and it was through First Data which was our processor. Then, we ended up on a lease and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to go to, so by the time I finished the lease, which was three years, we kept it at almost two more. I had $11,000 in it and POS Nation's equipment was smaller and more compact. The old one was so bulky. Plus, we already were familiar with all the other stuff since it was the same software we were currently using. They'll also be able to do a web portal, I'll be able to pay for that, and be able to access it from home.

I also like the new chip reader. The old company wouldn’t upgrade us with the cheap reader. When I switched, I didn’t just switch with the hardware, I switched with my processor, too. It was stressful trying to do the little on-screen keyboard, so we got a wireless keyboard. We use that instead, and it helps a bunch. They’re not that expensive to add, too. For the most part, POS Nation helped us with a lot of different things. There was a little confusion once or twice, but it panned out. Overall, I'm pretty happy. I already have somebody in mind that is still doing everything by hand, and I said I’d really need to talk them into it. This would help them so much on everything.

My accountant who purchased the system from POS Nation did a bunch of research and talked to another customer. We’re a café and a grocery store and POS’ system was the most accurate as far as inventory recording and was the best fit. We purchased an inventory gun, a beaver printer, a whole new cash register system, and our kitchen printer. We actually don’t have the system fully hooked up yet but we're very happy so far. There's a lot of ins and outs of it that I still haven’t gotten into but I’ll know a little bit more when we’re gonna go live with it next week. It’s really easy to use once we get used to it.

The sales reps were wonderful, super helpful, and on time about everything. They say they’re gonna call us back and they always do. I had some training, too, and our training guy was awesome. I called the technical support team to see if I could get an extra printer and they also told me about some other things that might make my job a little bit easier like a tablet and a receipt printer from my front desk which I'm working on buying also.

My son was going to start a liquor store, and by coincidence, he stopped at a store in Sioux City. The guy said he was about to retire so we bought a lot of his equipment including the POS Nation software. He had an old XP PC. We felt that rather than buying older software and older equipment, we just bought new. Our sales rep was very informative and helpful. Spence did a superb job and I was pleased with him. When we had questions, he responded immediately with the answers. When we got the equipment, he made sure the right people talk to us to get it set up properly and running. I would give him a 10 on a 1-to-10 scale.

I like the way the equipment performs. It's very easy to use. If the barcode sensor doesn't read, you can always find the product, make the sale and have the customer on their way without a lot of delay. But I would like to see a little more in the sales report side. I don't know if there is a way to make suggestions for the programmers or the product engineers to consider. During the set up, I got an error in a certain product. I would like to see all the individual sales of that product and how we handled it. I can pull back yesterday's sales by detail but not last month or last week. We're learning some of the shortcuts on things too. For instance, one of our beer suppliers offered to bring his packing list and have it all barcoded so all we have to do is read the barcodes up and know what the order was. It is going to be very helpful.

I found too that some of the providers of our various products play a loose game with the UPC code. In the catalog they may have 10 listed instead of the 12 they're using. It's pretty hard to guess what that last digit is unless you're a mathematical genius and you figure out the logarithm that they used. But the software is helpful. There is a secondary code that you can key in, so you can use two different avenues to capture your data.

Their staff have been helpful when we had some problems with our credit card reader and to my how-to questions likeif the inventory is off, how do you make the adjustments to correct it? I asked about the reports and the answer there was "What we provide is basically what you get." Customization isn't an option. Being an old programmer, that goes against my grain because I know that in most cases, there is a way to get around things, but you just have to spend more time at it. I'm happy with the decision we made to buy this product. It's been successful so far. There's a lot of stuff in there that we haven't used yet. As we grow, I think we'd be utilizing more and more of the system in that way.

I enjoy using POS Nation's system. It organizes well, it’s concise and easy to use. I worked in a liquor store that uses their system so I already had an experience using it and I don’t have to relearn. I’ve been answering inventory. The helpdesk has been very helpful. I’ve called them a number of times and they really helped me out.

I researched different POS systems online and POS Nation was responsive to my emails and phone calls with questions. The sales representative was fun and informative, and there was no pressure. The POS Nation equipment is easy to use and I got the Cash Register Express. The POS teams have been wonderful and as far as training and technical support is concerned, I didn't have to wait for more than three minutes. We just installed the system on Monday so I was expecting a lot of issues but there were very few bugs. I was preparing for the worst and I am pleasantly surprised at the very few issues - they were more on the permissions from different levels of installation.

POS Nation is great. They're also located in the south and they provide excellent customer service. Their Cash Register Express is very user-friendly and very easy to learn, and I have a friend who also uses their system for the same type of business.

We're doing a transition from Square to POS Nation which was recommended by an employee. The owner of our company had already started that process when I came on as a general manager in January. We purchased the Cash Register Express and were running it as an RPE in fine dining mode. Jen from sales was very knowledgeable about what we were getting into and what we needed to run the system that we were trying to do. We did let her know up front that we were looking at them, vinSUITE and a couple of other systems so she did a detailed breakdown as far as what we were getting, what she thought we needed based on our capabilities here in the building because we have a remote location as well. So we have a couple of monitors and a tablet that we both use. She was good about giving us pricing for what we needed.

We also worked a lot with Natasha and she did a great job of providing all of the details and all those things as well. The customer service has been really good. We've been working a lot with Ian who has been my engineer on it and he's been pretty knowledgeable about everything I've asked him. If he doesn't exactly know, he'll confer it with a couple of engineers and get back to me as soon as I need them. I worked a lot with Dan in the beginning for setup and he was fabulous. We've been able to schedule regular times to get some training done and answer questions. We've only had it online now for a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing a problem with some of the processing. We've been working with Mercury on that and POS Nation. It could be a settings problem but we're getting some charges both before and after the tip. So it's almost like a double charge, just different amounts. So I've been on the phone with them quite a lot today and a little bit last week about it.

We're also trying to get a little bit more information on trying to run inventory. That's something we haven't been able to set up yet because of this payment processing problem that we're dealing with now and that's slowing things up a little bit. Right now, not double charging customers is a lot more important than getting the inventory in place. So we're working on one thing at a time. Everything else has been worked out and most of the bugs are completely figured out and we've been doing well. Anybody else or another GM that might be looking for a system, I would definitely recommend working with POS Nation.

POS Nation

Thanks for the positive comments about our support team. As we like to say, you can buy a POS system anywhere, but our customer service and support is what really sets us apart.

Original review: June 28, 2016

The service people of POS Nation are great, funny, and they'll walk you through all the process. Sometimes it can be a really stressful thing when your POS isn't up and you got customers in the store but they can make fixing that quite a good experience. There was one service person in particular who was an amazing person to work with to the point that the next time I had to do anything with POS, the first person I emailed was him. He was down-to-earth, made the experience better and a whole lot easier, and he told us to set up our computers. I'm pretty satisfied.

POS Nation

Thanks for the feedback Jonny. It's great when we can grow along side our customers.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I went online, researched and bought the machine from POS Nation. About two years ago I bought two POS then a year later I needed two more so I bought two other ones. They're good, convenient and helps me keep track of prices from different distributors. They're great in a system and there are a lot of things that I run through my business that if I don't use it, it's really tough.

I searched on the internet and found POS Nation. I called them and their sales team walked me through their program, and it seemed their product works for what we were wanting so we purchased it. We like the setup and software, but my biggest complaint was the support didn't put much help.

We bought POS Nation's Cash Register Express because we wanted a company that's close so that we could get service when we needed it. Spencer and Natasha from their customer service team were friendly and courteous.

Factual basis uncertain

POS Nation

Stacy, I want to clarify that a separate, unrelated company sold you the credit card readers. We advised against going this route, and we made it clear to the owner of the business that we did not recommend these separate credit card readers because of the additional work that would be required when entering orders. We always recommend integrated credit card readers to help speed up order entry and eliminate errors.

Original review: June 24, 2016

We purchased the PRO edition from POS Nation and I like that their equipment is streamlined, but right now I’m frustrated with it because of a problem with the credit card machine. We got the new credit card processor, which is totally separate from the machine, and it doesn’t jive with the POS system. We have to process the credit card then come back over to the machine and put it back in and process it too.

POS Nation

Gary, we appreciate your feedback. There were definitely some missteps in your sales process and that salesman is actually no longer with the company. I'm very glad to hear though that we were able to make the situation right. Natasha, who you reference in your review, is a rock star and handles our toughest cases.

The system can also accept chip cards now. I'll have a new product specialist reach out to you shortly.

Original review: June 17, 2016

I was with a company around here and it was an excellent program but the service was absolutely horrible. So I decided to switch to POS Nation since they told me that they could switch me over with no problems but it turned out the salesperson lied. He was a complete idiot and to say that I wasn’t ticked off was an understatement. It's a good thing the owner made it right. The owner had a lady under him that I dealt with and she was very, very professional. But it really never should’ve come to what it came to at the beginning which was really almost a nightmare.

I got the Cash Register Express and I am 90% happy with it, 10% unhappy with it. It doesn’t do the reports which I used to receive with my other company. The only thing that I have a major problem with is that POS Nation doesn't have the chip readers that is mandated in the United States available. It was mandatory to put that equipment in last October and here it is June and we’re eight months with still with no firm date on when we’re going to get it. If I had it all to do over again I think I would’ve found a company that could transition this whole thing a lot easier and had better reporting. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

Factual basis uncertain

I bought the Cash Register Express, and the equipment is fairly stable. I used to enjoy the service - if something went wrong, we could count on their help. However, we're switching the service because they don't have 24-hour service, and that's what we thought that we were paying for. So, I have to leave a message, and when something catastrophic is happening, leaving a message does not work. Nevertheless, Natasha is extremely helpful. If anything goes wrong, she's on top of it. We feel very secure. Plus, the interactions with the sales team is great. POS Nation is fairly pleasant.

POS Nation

Thanks for the great feedback. Our 1-on-1 training and Q&A sessions are what really set our customer service apart from the competition. Whenever you need a lifeline, we're always happy to help.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I needed a POS system and looked up POS Nation online. They're a fabulous company - they treat me respectfully, answer all my questions and don't act like I'm stupid. I never had an ounce of problem with them. I would recommend them to a friend.

We have POS Nation's Cash Register Express. It works okay, but it has its ups and downs. It’s nice that the touch screen makes it easy to use, but sometimes there’s some delay whenever it’s processing stuff. I’m sure we can save more money and get a better system, but for the price, our equipment is great. We’ve been pretty happy with it.

I'm the general manager of our company and I've used POS Nation all the time. Every now and then it has its bugs, it's not always the fastest, but I think it works. Whenever I've had to call them, their representatives are right there to help out.

POS Nation had everything that I needed. It was updated and they had a pretty good site which would explain everything at that point when I was looking into POS systems. We have the Cash Register Express with the touch screen. We use it everyday and it’s pretty good. Additionally, whenever we call their customer service, they have helped us out right away and I’m very happy about that. We don’t have to wait for them to get back to us for hours or days. They’re right on top of things.

POS Nation has been great. I got the Cash Register Express which has been trouble-free. Only thing is right now, we're trying to setup eCommerce and we're having problems getting any return calls from them.

POS Nation's sales rep was great and answered everything I needed. I bought two systems from him. They're working and holding up pretty well. I would recommend POS Nation.

POS Nation

We're so glad to hear how happy you are with us and your POS system!

Original review: May 3, 2016

I am happy with POS Nation. We have the Cash Register Express, and it is easy to use.

POS Nation

We'll reach out today to discuss the First Data solution.

Original review: May 2, 2016

My POS still does not have the chip reader with First Data processing. I have not been contacted if there is a solution.

I love POS Nation's system and their service. Their price is very reasonable and I love that they are in Charlotte, North Carolina. I have the POS touch screen retail system and I love the back end. I can be at home and I can look up all my reports and inventory and set up everything. It had everything I needed. Though I needed something more simplistic and it has a lot of bells and whistles, it also does great with what I need and it is user-friendly.

Their customer service is excellent. When I call someone, I'm not on hold for hours. They go above and beyond, and If they don't know the answer, they find it and call me back in a reasonable time. They're proactive and wonderful to work with. I've worked with a terrible company in the past, and POS Nation was totally the opposite. I'm not a very technologically savvy person and they were great working with me. They didn't talk down to me like technology people do. They were very understanding. I even got to speak to Spencer who is pretty high up in the company. I call him if I need anything, and he's willing to answer me and help me out. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Question and Answers - POS Nation

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?

We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.

How has POS Nation grown or evolved?

A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.

What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.

What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?

POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.

What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?

There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.

How does POS Nation measure success?

We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?

Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.

How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Profile