Call toll free
4.59/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

201 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We have the Retail POS from POS Nation and it fits the business that I am in. The equipment is efficient. Whenever I call the technical support team or customer service, they're right on board. They've been helpful when I have questions.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was promised that POS Nation would do everything that Microsoft Retail Management System would do at half the time so I chose them. But it has been extremely frustrating trying to get the information I'm used to acquiring with a simple couple of clicks and having to go through multiple stages and multiple screens to gain half of the information that I want. Right now, I'm not very happy and I'm kinda irritated and upset that I convinced the owner of the shop to buy five of the software licenses. It's a lot more efficient and easier to use. I was told that everything I asked for, POS Nation software could do and it can be done in multiple aspects, in four or five more steps. It's not simple and it's not easy unless I have a restaurant and I don’t. Other than that, the customer service is okay. I get responses and I get professionals. They can talk me through it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

POS has been great and when I started with them, their sales team was very knowledgeable. Their service is also easy to use and their equipment's quality is fantastic.

Original review: July 22, 2018

POS Nation's representatives were excellent. We just got another POS for our second store and that was handled really well. Our POS Nation equipment is user-friendly whereas we’ve not really had any problems with it as far as functionality and I like when the electricity goes off or we get disconnected through the internet. It’s always easy to just go back in and restart it. For guys that are not really computer savvy, it’s very nice. The only thing is sometimes there is an attitude with Help desk people. Some we’re very nice and friendly and helpful, and others aren’t. They say, “You should know how to do that” and “You’re wasting time by asking me these questions.” But other than that, everything is working fine.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was looking at so many different POS systems and it was POS Nation's response time and price that got me going with them. Their salespeople did a great job. It's a huge system and I’m trying to work on doing reports. Although I had a couple of glitches with it and I’m still learning quite a bit, so far, the equipment's working really well. Their tech support's phenomenal too. I would definitely recommend it.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Rod! We pride ourselves on providing customer support we can be proud of. If you have any other questions, we'd be more than happy to help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: July 20, 2018

I opened a tailoring shop and set up the retail. I was searching online and I ended with Jennifer, POS Nation's representative in Los Angeles. She was super nice and one day, she came and brought the demo to the shop. She showed me how their system worked and spent 40 minutes with me on the shop. After that, I shopped around for another two months. But I finally went with their system as that was the only one that was working for me. There were a lot more companies, but their system didn't work the way I wanted it. And POS Nation was a little bit cheaper, so, their system really worked for me and I’m happy with that.

So far, everything is fine. However, I want the full-size invoices. I also called two weeks ago to change the design because right now, the invoice says the number of the item and the quantity. I asked them to move the quantity next to the prices, which would be much better. Another thing is, if I have six items but I did four transactions, the right corner of the invoice would show only four items. POS Nation's reps said that they could not do what I asked and maybe they don't wanna waste their time to fix it. However, it’d be really easy because before I bought the system, I would create a kinda invoice by myself on Excel at the computer. You just put that column for the quantity from the left side next to the prices and you just type it over there.

Other than that, their technical support staff has been really nice. At the beginning, they were easy to get a hold of but now I have to wait 20 minutes until they answer the phone. I also went with one of their employees, Adam, twice for a training that lasted for one hour, and he was super helpful. All in all, POS Nation has a great system and it's really easy to work on it. At first it was very hard for me and I was calling every 30 minutes, every one hour, and every two hours. But they explained to me to keep working on it and now I got used to it. After a month, I worked the barcode scanner as well from POS Nation because when we receive some of our garments, they don't have a barcode. So, we have to put a barcode on them to make it easy to scan.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I was looking online and I typed in computer systems for a liquor store, and POS Nation happened to pop up. I had looked at another one, but I had read the reviews on it and I didn't like what those ones said, while POS had some pretty good reviews. I had also inquired with another one but the only thing that stopped me from going ahead with them was that they couldn't provide me with a list of people who were already using the system that I could call and see how they liked it. With Bryan, they were able to give me a couple of people who are even in the same state that are using POS Nation. We haven't had a chance to get it going 'cause it's a little time consuming with having to put everything in individually and setting that kind of stuff up. But I like the system and the training a lot and overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have the POS Nation POS system and my interactions with their representatives have all been positive. We had a second terminal through our existing terminal. Everything is good and I'm thrilled. I couldn't be any more happy.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I did a search online for all different POS systems and we demoed quite a few of them before we decided which one would work for us. I have a retail shop that has craft supplies and I also have people in here with consignment items. I needed to have an option to be able to have my consignment people in there when there's not a scannable item. POS Nation told me how I could do that easily. We've been open a little over a month now and so far it's worked pretty well. Chelsea was my rep and she was phenomenal. She walked me through everything, did the demos with us and answered any questions that I had. We're pretty new so we've had a couple of glitches here and there, but when I call the technical department, they're usually pretty good at getting me up and running again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

When I started purchasing my business, we were looking at POS systems. I was very torn between a few of the vendors in the beginning and I chose to go with POS Nation because I could outright buy the system. And the system is working really well for us. The customer service has been really good too. Even during their busy periods, I’ve been able to get a response within 15 minutes to a half-hour at the latest on a callback, which I feel is reasonable. I like the system. But I wanna see how detailed I can get with the Back Office and I still need to play with that. I also had a few glitches with the system, but they were resolved quickly, which I appreciated. The ID scanner for driver’s license is a good function too, and I like it, considering my business is a liquor store.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a cash register for retail from POS Nation. I like the touchscreen. I can print any report any time. I called customer service a couple of times and they were good. I just had to wait for a little while. But everything is working fine.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review Jagjit! If you have any other questions about your POS solution, we're always here to help!

Original review: July 6, 2018

POS Nation has been helpful to us and they’re always on point and they always call us back. POS Nation was the closest thing to Aloha so we chose to use them. And the owner is not from the restaurant world, so he thought that it would be fine. But we ended up being a lot higher volume than he had expected, and the computers cannot keep up with us. We depend on the computer to function 100%. And I’ve had problems with payroll where the computers crashed one time and I still can’t figure out how to fix the payroll from that day. So, now my labor looks completely wonky.

I’m not really having a good experience with the system at all. We have lots of problems. It crashes a lot and we feel like it’s not very user-friendly. And we have to press a lot of buttons to just do one simple thing. And then also, the customer service is not helpful at all if it’s after 5:00. We’re also having trouble with customers getting charged double and customer service is only open from like 9:00 to 5:00. But even if I call during business hours, I still can’t get through to them sometimes because there are so many people. It’s really frustrating sometimes. And then there’s a whole list of questions that POS Nation couldn’t answer, so they put in a ticket to RPOWER. And RPOWER never really got back to us. And there’s certain things that still aren’t fixed and we’ve been open for two and a half months. It’s not working very well and I think the boss in our company is starting to look at the other options.

The guys at POS Nation, Adam, Garrett and Eric, have put their time to help me. So, there was not a lack of trying on their part. But I feel like the system needs to be better on RPOWER’s end. I don’t wanna be a negative Nancy here. The computers serve their purpose but it might be better in a lower-volume restaurant. And overall, POS Nation’s doing great. But we'll definitely consider using Aloha instead of RPOWER because RPOWER is awful.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We got the retail system from POS Nation. It is user-friendly and the easiest to operate.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I set up a POS system here in the store and we're enjoying it so far because the support is awesome. They're quick to get back to us. They usually log on remotely and guide us through whatever they're doing. They don't just jump on and fix it. They explain what they're doing and show us how we can use it to better utilize our needs. We liked the cost and it's easy to set up. It's pre-configured pretty much to everything we need. We didn't have to go a lot of special stuff. It's also easy to utilize and learn. I'd recommend it.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Tim! We value providing support and service that we can brag about and I'm glad your experience hasn't been different. If you have any more questions or concerns, you know where to find us!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I’ve been doing business with POS Nation for eight years. I purchased a POS software from them and the software integrates between all of the stores.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed something really quick and I liked the product that POS Nation had. POS Nation is a good company to deal with and they usually answer your questions really quickly. I have a convenience store and I use their Cash Register Express for my liquors. It’s not completely 100% active yet so I’m still putting my inventory and just playing with it a little bit in there to see what I run into.

Original review: May 22, 2018

POS Nation had positive reviews and I've had their system for a month and a half now. I have some familiarity with other systems and it’s working as good as any of them. As far as what item I received, I got what I expected. Also, they’ve been more than helpful working through any situations we’ve had. Anytime I call their customer service, I get a quick response.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were searching for a new cash register system. We’re a retail and crafting center, so we wanted it to be touch-screen. We also wanted it to be very user-friendly, so people at different levels would be able to access it and then, to be obviously a good transferable skill for them. We worked with adults with developmental disorders and we were looking to find something that was very similar to what the major retailers are using. So we looked at a lot of services, types, and ratings of different ones. And we found POS Nation online.

When we were purchasing, we talked to one person and then we talked to another person as we were doing the setup. And they were all extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. They walked us through step by step when we needed it. They sent the equipment and then, they had lots of online support and phone support to help us get everything up and running. So it was very good.

Whenever we need help, they’re right there. They’re also easy to get in touch with. We can email or call them and get help right away or set up an appointment, which is also very convenient. We can also set up an appointment where they will either take over the setup remotely or help us out. And I also get just the right number of emails about, “Did you do your backups? Did you do this?”

Original review: May 20, 2018

I liked the price point of POS Nation and I bought their Cash Register Express system about three months ago. But I still don’t have it online and I’ve dealt with their customer service around 12 times. They've been professional but not as helpful.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Ray. We're dedicated to providing valuable and comprehensive support to all our customers, so we'll be by your side every step of the way. If you have any more questions or concerns as you're getting ramped up, don't hesitate to call our Support Team at (888) 851-6536.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We run a smoothie business, and it’s a really fast-paced business. I went on Amazon looking for POS system and found POS Nation. We bought the POS from there, but it can't do some of the things that we really want it to do. We wanted a label to print out that we can put on the cups so the people making it know what they’re making. So we don’t have to carry the receipt over and have all kinds of receipt on the counter. But other than that, the POS is easy to set up and use. I have to pay the $400 a year for customer service and they helped me out when I called. They did a pretty good job.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I talked to a few of POS places and POS Nation was the only one that seemed like they could help me out. We didn't have weeks to wait around and they told us that they could get the POS to us within a couple of days and they came through with everything they said they were gonna do. We got the regular POS system, and their customer service and tech support teams were good.

Original review: May 17, 2018

POS Nation's salesman was very knowledgeable, helpful and responsive. However, I've had some glitches with their company. The part I'm not happy about is the merchant company they're linked with, Vantiv. They were deceiving in the way they promoted what their fees would by not providing all the details and putting that out to an unsuspecting individual who is not familiar with all the terms that credit card merchant companies use. They promoted it as being 1.5% flat rate, which leads me to believe that's all I'm going to be charged. I asked if there were any other fees and they said "no". Thereafter, I found out that their rate is based on qualified and non-qualified rates. They determine what is qualified and what is not. I'm actually closer to paying a 2.75% rate. I'm going to be switching. I'm still going to have the POS Systems from POS Nation but I'm dropping the merchant company.

Despite the glitch, technical support from POS nation has been pretty good. I had a couple of problems. It took them a month or two to get things figured out but they've always responded. My only complaint with them was that they gave me an 800 number to call which was answered by an answering machine. Then, I'm left on hold anywhere from ten minutes to upwards of 30 minutes and never receive a callback. So, I stay on the line until someone answers. Alternatively, I can email them which seems to work best and I get faster responses that way.

Still, despite this issue, POS nation gets things fixed. They have a couple of guys who really worked hard and figured things out for me. Also, as far as pricing goes, I would have shopped around a bit more for pieces and parts of their system had I known better. Parts such as barcode scanners and pin card readers can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Cindy and for working with our Merchant Service team. We pride ourselves on providing a full POS solution and having a team to back it up. If you have any more concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was already familiar with POS Nation's system from a prior job and I just didn’t have to learn the system, so I wouldn’t have to learn whenever we’re starting up a new company here. I had a couple little glitches in the system and I had to reboot it a couple times. So, I talked to Spencer up there and he’s helping me through any kind of problems that I’ve had so far. Other than that, I’m just trying to learn the system ‘cause we have to grow. I like keeping up a little bit of an inventory. It’s probably more than I need since I don’t have a whole lot of stocks. But it’s doing what it needs to do.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Christopher and I'm glad to hear it's doing exactly what you want it to do. We provide a full turn-key solution. If you have any questions on other features your POS system provides, our Technical Support team would be glad to set-up a training time with you!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I first started working with POS Nation in 2015. Their customer support over the past three years has been excellent. They're there when I need them and they're good on technical support too. The guy we work with directly is excellent as well. He’s very knowledgeable of their products and software, and he's always quick to give a callback. Not to mention, what they have works perfectly for my application. They’re set up in the gift shop. I have the CR engine in one location and then, I have the ePOS Now in one location and I’m getting to put it in two more locations.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review and dedication Craig! Our goal is to earn your business every day and I'm glad that we've been able to earn it every year as well!

Original review: April 29, 2018

We’ve had several issues with POS Nation trying to get the system to work for our needs. We’re a boys and girls club and we don’t sell products per se. We had to figure out how to put in transportation and things like that, that are like a monthly fee. And when it comes to our summer program we have a payment plan so we were trying to figure out how to put this into the system. We contacted them and they’ve always been very professional.

One of the tech support people I spoke with kind of walked me through the procedure of giving customer’s credit in the system and then how to apply payments towards that credit just so it wouldn’t show as a negative balance. And one of the things that they helped with was creating a little video of what they were doing on the screen and then sent that to me. So I would always have that to refer to.

But it seems like there’s a disconnect because if there’s something wrong with the hardware I have to call one company and if there’s something wrong with the software I have to call a different company. I’d rather have something that’s inclusive so there would just be one number to call if I had a problem instead of two different numbers. And then one of the other issues is as far as the backend on the reporting it’s not customizable. And I know that I’ve been told that they’re in the process of working on more customized reporting but it doesn’t work for us right now so that’s just kind of a major frustration. So make sure to do the research first and make sure the program is right for what you need it for. This ePOS program seems to be more figured for retail or a restaurant type of business and not that service type of business like we are. And see if you can get a demonstration first as well.

POS Nation response

Thank you for leaving your review Charles and we apologize for the confusion in regards to resolving your hardware and software situation. We're continuing to update and streamline our operations so confusions like this do not happen again. Our support team is always available if you have any more questions or concerns.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My long-time friend Peter has his own company and recommended POS Nation to us. He explained everything, and I trusted him because he got the knowledge about computer stuff and he's been doing this for a long time. Their sales team has been very cooperative. Every time I've had a question or needed help, they answered right away. They are really helping me a lot to start with my first own store.

We got the Cash Register Express system and the equipment is easy and user-friendly. Since we started in February 8th, I haven't encountered anything bad so far. Also, when it comes to the issues about my system, they have an easy way to call them. The way they deliver the explanation is very easy to understand and follow too. I have recommended POS Nation to someone and they have started now.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was searching for a software online. I was working with like a POS before. Then I wasn’t having every function up there so POS Nation's Cash Register Express has more effectivity in it. I had a couple of issues but then I called them and they were able to resolve it within a couple of minutes so they were helpful. The hardware is a little bit slow to start with because it freezes up twice a week or something if I don’t turn it off at night. In middle of a transaction it will just freeze up and then I have to reset the whole thing just to get going. The motherboard on there is only 1.8 or 2 something gigahertz and I think that’s really low to run a POS and other software on it working at the same time. Running 3 softwares a little bit slows it down. But it’s a more user friendly software than what I had before and that’s how you want it in a software. I don’t have to punch in everything if something is not showing up like buttons made up on the desk fan. That’s convenient because I don’t have to scan everything. I’ll recommend to other people.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I already purchased a POS system upfront and that ran me $1500. However, POS Nation offered me a layaway plan wherein I would pay $130 monthly. So, I chose that instead. The POS system which I have has a desktop screen with a drawer and card reader. It's one of the more popular types on the system. Furthermore, the space is alright. But, I don't like that it's hard to get someone to come out to the store. The only problem I ever had was that I was trying to get through to somebody at POS Nation yesterday and I wasn't able to get through to anyone. But, once I get through, whether UK or on the mainland, their representatives have been very patient. I really appreciate their time teaching me and walking me through the process. I'd definitely recommend POS nation.

Original review: April 14, 2018

POS Nation's upfront cost was low. However, I’ve had a lot of interactions with their team for when they first developed my software, it was done pretty poorly. They didn’t really unlock everything that I needed to be unlocked. But since I’ve brought that to their attention, I’ve received very good care from the company. I liked the ability to customize my software and overall, I’ve been very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had been looking at the software called pcAmerica Cash Register Express and there’s another one out there called LiquorPOS. Both were made by Heartland under pcAmerica and they put their training modules on YouTube. When I was looking things up, POS Nation seemed to come in all the time on YouTube and all the search results. But I ended up working with somebody else and my experience did not go so well so I gave a call to POS Nation. I figured that it wouldn’t hurt. The worst they could do was give me a ridiculous estimate. For $200 more, I ended up switching over to POS Nation for all my stores and I got a better product.

Cash Register Express has a little bit of flexibility on the end that no one’s saying that you can only use this or do that. You can run a liquor store and use that point of sale then go over to a tobacco store and still have the same elements. LiquorPOS does not have that flexibility. I have multiple stores and with Cash Register Express, my employees can work at different environments, under different businesses, because they don’t have to be cross-trained. They just know exactly how to use the software. Right now, we have 10 stores with POS Nation and the only difference is the business. As far as the computer system goes, it’s the same.

The touchscreen is the best part of the equipment. It's a lot quicker and the touch is just like an iPhone. My experience with the old one was pretty bad and most of the software is used by the touchscreen so it is a very important factor. I wish the process was a little bit better but I guess the more money you spend, the better they get. Other than that, I've had phenomenal support with POS Nation every time I’ve called in. They usually end up working with me and they show me around how to use the product. They answer more than what I need so I understand the concepts therefore I can play with it and understand how I wanna take it to the next level. I got screwed over at two stores but I worked with Spence and he did a great job. I also worked with Chip over at technical support and we ended up resolving all our issues.

POS Nation expert review by ConsumerAffairs

POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as you need, and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide full-service packages and standalone software.

• POS Nation support: Standard care is free with all system purchases and includes break-fix support, online training videos and a 2-year hardware warranty. Call standard care support Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm EST. Additional monthly support starts at $39.99/month and includes 24/7 support access, unlimited one-on-one training, inventory report, virus removal and system restore.

• Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.

• POS Nation pricing: Pricing starts at $119/mo if you want to pay monthly for the hardware and software. Own the hardware and pay monthly for the software for an additional upfront cost of $1,499 plus $69/mo. Own the hardware and software for an upfront cost of $2,249 with no additional fees or payments. Pricing is based on a standard retail POS system bundle, which includes a touch PC, receipt printer, scanner, cash drawer and retail POS software license. Add additional equipment as you need it.

• Ease of process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.

• Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.

• Best for: Retail stores, restaurants, salons and spas

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
How does POS Nation measure success?
We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information

2001
3021-B Griffith St.
Charlotte
NC
posnation.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business