4.56/5
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

174 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

I already purchased a POS system upfront and that ran me $1500. However, POS Nation offered me a layaway plan wherein I would pay $130 monthly. So, I chose that instead. The POS system which I have has a desktop screen with a drawer and card reader. It's one of the more popular types on the system. Furthermore, the space is alright. But, I don't like that it's hard to get someone to come out to the store. The only problem I ever had was that I was trying to get through to somebody at POS Nation yesterday and I wasn't able to get through to anyone. But, once I get through, whether UK or on the mainland, their representatives have been very patient. I really appreciate their time teaching me and walking me through the process. I'd definitely recommend POS nation.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

POS Nation's upfront cost was low. However, I’ve had a lot of interactions with their team for when they first developed my software, it was done pretty poorly. They didn’t really unlock everything that I needed to be unlocked. But since I’ve brought that to their attention, I’ve received very good care from the company. I liked the ability to customize my software and overall, I’ve been very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had been looking at the software called pcAmerica Cash Register Express and there’s another one out there called LiquorPOS. Both were made by Heartland under pcAmerica and they put their training modules on YouTube. When I was looking things up, POS Nation seemed to come in all the time on YouTube and all the search results. But I ended up working with somebody else and my experience did not go so well so I gave a call to POS Nation. I figured that it wouldn’t hurt. The worst they could do was give me a ridiculous estimate. For $200 more, I ended up switching over to POS Nation for all my stores and I got a better product.

Cash Register Express has a little bit of flexibility on the end that no one’s saying that you can only use this or do that. You can run a liquor store and use that point of sale then go over to a tobacco store and still have the same elements. LiquorPOS does not have that flexibility. I have multiple stores and with Cash Register Express, my employees can work at different environments, under different businesses, because they don’t have to be cross-trained. They just know exactly how to use the software. Right now, we have 10 stores with POS Nation and the only difference is the business. As far as the computer system goes, it’s the same.

The touchscreen is the best part of the equipment. It's a lot quicker and the touch is just like an iPhone. My experience with the old one was pretty bad and most of the software is used by the touchscreen so it is a very important factor. I wish the process was a little bit better but I guess the more money you spend, the better they get. Other than that, I've had phenomenal support with POS Nation every time I’ve called in. They usually end up working with me and they show me around how to use the product. They answer more than what I need so I understand the concepts therefore I can play with it and understand how I wanna take it to the next level. I got screwed over at two stores but I worked with Spence and he did a great job. I also worked with Chip over at technical support and we ended up resolving all our issues.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am running a restaurant and I was looking for a point of sale system, its pricing and what it comes with. Most of the people suggested setting me up for a demo but I didn't have time to do demos on 20 different POS systems because I didn’t necessarily have to do that. I got all the information emailed to me and then I could follow that through with any questions. That was why I chose POS Nation. I was able to communicate with their salespeople and it was a straightforward interaction. I purchased pcAmerica Cash Register Express and I’m very happy with the service and the customer service.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We have a friend that also owns a liquor store and he mentioned that POS Nation has the same register that we had originally, but ours was really old. He told us to upgrade with them, then I called and ordered their system. Everything was great. The only problem I’m having is after we installed it, it’s extremely slow. Every time call them, they see if there are any updates, but they don't really work. It’s at least an hour or two out of my time but it’s still not as fast as it should be. I only like the system ‘cause it’s the same as my previous one, so it’s easy for me to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was very pleased with my experience. All of the reps from POS Nation have been great and very helpful. I went with them as they sent me the equipment versus me using my own laptop. I got the computer with the cash box and the printer with the keypad ‘cause I can pay them by the month, and I like how it works with Intuit and I can keep up with my inventory.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I found POS Nation online and was interested because I had the old-style, typewriter-looking cash register at my small mom and pop store. I saw POS Nation's YouTube videos and liked it from thereon. The rep that I spoke to was really good. I got the barcode scanner, barcode printer, cash register drawer and the touchscreen. It’s a full-on computer. At first I didn’t like it because it seemed too complicated and I didn’t have time, so I started panicking. But then the technician made it really simple for me. I was afraid because I have a smokes shop with over 100,000 items, and I didn’t want to put all of them into the system. So I said I would need numbers and categories to pop up to see what I’m selling, like glass pipes, cigarettes, and cigars. Now I know what I'm selling when I close my register at the end of the day. I would know I’ve made $100 on water and $500 on cigarettes. I really like the system. It makes my life really easy.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had a business and went to Amazon and then I looked at POS Nation. I looked at their price and I liked it, and they had the most up to date software. I then got a cash register express. The service team was pretty good, and the technical support helped us all the time, too. I would recommend POS Nation.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The sales team was patient and we got the cash register express, the cash drawer, the monitor, the Mercury credit card and the Vantiv credit card. The equipment is compact and the features work pretty simple for my employees. The hardware and the software system have been reliable as well. I’m running it off of the wireless router and it’s functioned well just with that. But when you’re in a crisis, it's very slow to get support from POS Nation. The waiting times are very long and that has been disappointing. Once we get a hold of somebody though, it's good from that point forward. They’re just overrun with calls.

In the future though, we might take this single POS station that we have and go to a network where we have a master computer. It would be separate from the computer screen where people are checked out. I log in to look at the screens and check sales but right now, I wait until after hours in order to access the computer. What I do would be on the screen and everyone would be checking people out while I would be checking inventory. A standby server option would allow me to touch the data but not impact the screen. Intuit does that but their back room is not great. The POS Nation hardware is far superior to Intuit POS systems.

If there's one thing I would add, it would be a cash back option for tips. In restaurant service, you walk in and pay before you eat then they ask if you would like to add some cash back for tip then they put that on there. We don't have that capability and that would be awfully nice to have. We’re a retail bottle store and tasting room for hard spirits and liquor so when we give them six little half-out samples on a little plate, typically, customers want to leave a tip. And 80 percent of the sales were on credit card so they don’t have any cash to tip with. They feel bad and of course, it’s bad.

Also, if we would not get screwed on the Vantiv Mercury rates by going to a restaurant, that would be great. I have the credit card system with Elavon that allows me to do that and we’re not a restaurant. Having that cash back option upfront would be great and it would be nice if they could earn the money if customer wants to tip, but I don’t want to take my rate from 2.25 to 3.75 for that. That could be a big selling point for POS Nation in bar and liquor stores. There's a lot of potential in customer service-oriented businesses.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was researching Point of Sale systems on the computer since I have a small convenient store and I was trying to find something that fit my needs the best. POS Nation has the ability to split EBT from the rest of my food sales and I liked the reporting, the inventory tracking, and the employee tracking. I spoke with their rep Jennifer quite a bit until we got the point of sale in. And when I had some questions and needed to call back, their tech support was pretty good. They had been really quick to answer any questions. They helped me get it all together. So far, we're still trying to get the inventory in. Every now and then, you scan something and it says it's not in there. And it says if you want to add it and if you say no and scans it again, it finds it. There have been a couple of little things that needed to be worked out. But for the most part, we're doing pretty good with it. We just haven't put it into full production yet.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Paula and we're here to help you all the way through your installation process. If you have any more questions before opening day, our Technical Support team is here to help!

Original review: March 23, 2018

My sister Barb had POS Nation when she opened her restaurant in Puyallup. She did all the research for me and I went with who she thought was a good fit. I’m very happy with them so I’m glad that she picked POS Nation. We have the restaurant POS and it captures everything I need. All my payroll goes through it and it captures when I paid my employees. It’s very simple and easy. It’s a definite plus in my life.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My husband worked with POS in his previous place of employment and said it was the best option for us. We have the registry, the screen, the software, and receipt printer. I like the touch-screen functionality. It's great. The system could be faster but it's perfect. We had a few interactions with their team and they were all very helpful and quick.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Charlotte! We're proud of our team here at POS Nation and we'll be here if you ever have any questions or concerns!

Original review: March 18, 2018

One of the stores down the road from me had done business with POS Nation and liked them. I got online and started researching about them. I looked at the reviews and it seemed like they were pretty solid. So I thought I'd go with them. I dealt with Jennifer at the beginning and she was really helpful. She went to my office and got me well-informed about what I needed. I got the system that I wanted and we're still entering stuff into it and getting it up and running. But anytime I need anything, I give them a holler and they're answering it for me. I like their tech support which I got along in my package. Sometimes they got a wait time on their calls though I'm usually calling in the middle of the day when the demand is kind of high. But whenever I get a hold of them, they fix me up.

I have the Cash Register Express for the retail and it's been a good system so far. I have a convenience store, so it'd work good for me as the one that they recommended. I like the ease of operation of POS Nation's equipment. It's nice and simple. I'm not very techie and I was kind of taken back at first. But I knew I had to change over it because I was using cash registers and it was time to upgrade. So, it's been quite an experience but I'm glad I hooked up with them. I'd also tell others to give them a call and talk to one of their people there.

POS Nation response

Great review Dennis! We've been in business for 17 years, so we've gotten pretty good at helping business owners upgrade to full POS solutions. If you have any more questions about your system, our tech team will be right here to help!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Our POS Nation equipment is easy to use and to teach others how to use it. POS Nation's team has been helpful setting up the new Cash Register Express system that we have here. We got another system for one of the other companies here. I will recommend POS Nation.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I talked with the POS Nation sales team about some of the features of their system. And they seem to offer more than what we needed. We have the Cash Register Express. I like being able to do inventory with our equipment. My technical support guy, Ian, was wonderful. He had a good personality and he walked me through everything that I had questions on. He understood all my questions and he helped me. The only issue I have is I thought we were getting technical support for a year. And apparently, we're not. Still, I would recommend POS Nation to others. But I'd make sure that they knew they weren't getting their support for a year.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had old, regular cash registers and we needed to go to a more updated, computerized system. We heard good things about POS Nation. So, we decided to check in to it and the price quotes for the number of stations that we needed. We went online and ordered what we needed. And then we discussed with the sales team each particular item that we chose. We have tobacco stores. And the Cash Register Express best suited our needs. I’m still trying to get everything programmed. I have a partial spreadsheet and I’m having to individually input on all the information because I didn’t have access to anything that I could download automatically into the system. So, I’m still getting the system ready to go, but it’s almost there.

I always encounter something that I didn’t expect and I didn’t know how to do, and POS Nation has been really good in helping me with issues. I really appreciate the particular technical rep that I had, Ian. He did a really good job. And if I run into any future problems, he offered me assistance. If anyone would ask, I'd tell them that the POS Nation system works and it covers most of the options and things that one needs to cover. When they get into a generic software system, they always run into issues that are specific to their type of business. So, they have to be aware that they may need to take a look at this because it is going to crop up in the future.

POS Nation response

Thank you Donna for your wonderful review! We're really proud of our tech team and the resource they are for our customers. If you have any more questions about your system, we'll be right here to help.

Original review: March 10, 2018

We gathered information and saw that POS Nation would best suit our needs. For the most part, POS Nation's team has been wonderful. They resolved many issues and they’re very sweet and patient. We got POS Nation's Cash Register Express. And while we don’t have the equipment up and running yet, our experience has been positive for the most part. Kudos to POS Nation.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Lou! We're dedicated to your success, so our staff is here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have as you're setting up your POS solution.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Several places around where we live have POS Nation. I got the Cash Register Express for a liquor store and the girls that run the store use it. And everything seems to be working okay on it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We liked the options that POS Nation had available. And the price was good, too. I've worked with Spence and he always answered all my questions. He recommended the servers based system and it has Cash Register Express on it. I had told him what we were looking to do with the system and software, and then he had fit it to what our needs are. We had matched it with our accounts receivable, what we do with our items, how we price things, and how we have styles and side matrices. Spence also recommended a tablet system as well for us. We have one of our registers in the tablet styles, and we can take that and use it as a lying busting tool. We're only getting started with our POS Nation equipment, but I like its ease of use with the way the buttons are set up on it. I've emailed the POS Nation team and I'd gotten a response within 24 hours. If I call, I've been on hold for not more than 10 minutes, and they're usually willing to help me out.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I purchased the Cash Register Express Pro from POS Nation, which is something that I need. I needed to call POS Nation's sales team, and they were able to answer my questions and they did what I needed to do with the system. POS Nation is okay and they’re helpful when you need it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

A friend was looking who had better reviews, and POS Nation came out first. We got Epos Now, and everything is simple. However, there are still steps that we don’t know how to do. There are a lot of updates and now we're missing money. We’re having a lot of problems with the total lately. It shows that we made $200, then we look at the receipt and we have more money. We are supposed to be making more, but in reality we are making less.

POS Nation response

Sorry to hear about the confusion you're having with your POS system and thank you for your review. With our 24/7 support and training, our technicians would be more than happy to assist you with your question to resolve your confusion.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

POS has flexible units. I had the option to buy the touchscreen monitor split with the desktop and the software. Anybody at POS Nation are amazingly very good. I’ve done a few training sessions with Ian and that went really smooth. I’m still in the programming part with the machine. We haven't started using it so far but it’s an awesome system. They have awesome tech support and I really have a pleasant experience so far. And I am looking forward to using the system. I think it will meet all my needs in terms of using the machine.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

A friend asked me about POS Nation and I suggested that he get it. And he wants to buy it. POS Nation is better because I compared prices online and they are cheaper compared to other POS systems. We have the Cash Register Express and it's easy to use. However, they could send someone to put an inventory system and charge a fee for it as that's very hard for me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

POS Nation has an awesome technical support system that anybody should have in their business. When I come across a problem that I can’t solve, I just give up. But they have been able to help me. The only thing is when I first put something on layaway, I can’t get my money until they pay for the layaway, which I think is wrong. Other than that, I like my Cash Register Express Pro.

POS Nation response

Thanks Phoebe for the wonderful review! We're extremely proud of our technical support team and the service they are able to provide on every single call. If you have any questions or concerns, we'll be here to help!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I worked with Spence from the sales team. Then I’ve been dealing with their technicians whenever something goes wrong. Overall, everybody was great and everybody knows what they are doing. I have a couple of problems because it’s lagging and it’s been freezing on me. I already set up an appointment for it. But so far, the POS Nation system is great. Anyone who needs a POS system should give it a shot. I like their Inventory Control feature and most of the system is simple. I don’t really have to call anyone in order to get anything straight. I’m a tech guy so I just do it myself.

POS Nation response

Great review Gurwinder! We appreciate your kind words and time. If you ever come across anything that you have questions about, we have our 24/7 support team here to help.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

POS Nation took the time to explain things and they are always calling to check up on us. They are a good company. I was looking into a POS system so I Googled a whole bunch of companies and POS Nation was one of the first ones that popped up, so I called. I liked the way Brian explained things to me. He was patient. All the other companies just told me what they got. There were three of us working the cash register in the grocery store and the Cash Register Express Pro from POS Nation was the one that I felt like is going to be the easiest for my aunt. She takes a lot to learn technology and it looked the easiest.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

POS Nation's equipment is more closely similar to the system that I was using. I talked with Brian several times and emailed with him. He was a super guy. I purchased the Cash Register Express Pro, and although I haven’t used it yet, I like that I can either be in the cloud or be independent. It gives me the freedom to choose what suits my business the best.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The people at POS Nation are top-notch and have been heaven-sent for us. Every time we call them, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. We first set up a one hour training. Adam was so freaking good and very down-to-earth. He talked in our terms and not some big words that we don’t understand or care even about hearing. When we get off the phone with them every time, we're like, “Wow. I am so glad I went with these people.” Not only do they have a good product, they have the support and the knowledge to back it up.

We got everything with them as far as the credit card side. We went live with our system yesterday at about 2:00, which we back up to the cloud, and so far so good. The money rolls over at 7:00. I spend $12 a month, but it’s very cheap insurance to keep from losing all our data. I like all of the features. We're not the sharpest knife in the drawer by no means but the system is user-friendly and has the reports. In about five minutes, I found the report and ran it real easy. We’re so pleased with POS Nation that I got a tablet coming that has all of my software so I can do the manager side of things without even being at the cash register. In about another two months, we plan on buying another system to run right beside this one for the drive-thru window. I highly recommend POS Nation.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I went to YouTube and typed in POS systems then POS Nation popped up the first. I viewed if a lot of customers were happy and then I went online and put an order. I talked to Spencer, which was a really nice guy. He took care of me and walked me through it. He did most of the order, which I was happy with. I got Cash Register Express through them. The system's a lot organized, it works great and it's neat. The software is so easy to use, it keeps my inventory straight and I don’t have to worry about a lot. It's phenomenal how I can add items in. I can go to the system and do this or go to control panel and add this. It does everything what I want to do. Anybody can use it as well. My dad who is 63 is even learning to use it. Normally, it's hard for that age to get into computers and he's even liking it.

I had a bad experience in the beginning and the system crashed on me the first time. I put in days of work and they were lost. Then the software still got little bugs. Sometimes it just kept on printing receipts for no reason. The technical support was able to fix that for me and so far, it's good right now. Their morning crew was awesome and really good too. They know what they're doing, unlike the night crew. They're just temporary from what I heard and I wouldn’t recommend the weekend ones. Then the new update they did made my system go even slower and it's taking a lot more space. My fingers are faster than the computer right now.

I hope that when they send out a printer, they should at least identify what kind of rolls are there and send at least one or two with it just to back it up. One time the printer roll came with not even half a roll and I didn’t even know which one was good. I'd have to figure that out. Everything else works good and I'm happy about it. I would definitely recommend POS Nation. If they can really fix the update so it goes a little faster, that would be A plus for me. This is just a trial for me and I'm liking it so far. I might get another one later.

POS Nation response

We're very glad you're enjoying your trial of Cash Register Express so far! Our goal is to earn your business every day and we will make sure there are enough rolls for your printer when you receive it. Thank you for your review Ravinder!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

When we did some research, we were happy with POS Nation's videos and their website. They were very easy to speak to on the phone, and they helped us decide which system we needed because we're not really familiar with any POS systems. We explained to them what type of store we are, and they suggested the one the Cash Register Express. We've had a couple training sessions over the phone. The first one was a little overwhelming but the second one was super helpful. Our store is not open yet. We're still trying to get it filled with inventory and kind of learning the POS as we go. But so far, it has been good and very straightforward. I'd definitely recommend POS Nation.

POS Nation expert review by ConsumerAffairs

POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as needed and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide both full service packages, solely software and everything in between.

• Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.

• Ease of Process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.

• Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
How does POS Nation measure success?
We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information