4.5/5 (223 ratings)

About POS Nation

POS Nation recognizes that retail store owners need a point of sale specifically tailored to their unique businesses. That's why we sell more than POS systems, we offer a complete point of sale solution to streamline your business.

POS Nation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Talked to Brad, he was quick and had plenty of knowledge about where to go. He printed my codes and had me scan them, finally the scanning gun started working. To be that late on a Friday I was having doubts, but it's running good and now I'm able to use this register! Crown Liquor Store thanks you!

POS Nation response

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with Brad, and that he represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I am from MK Market and I had Ian for my install and tech support. He is a genius and very kind. He takes his time, explains everything and knows what he is doing. I always request to have him when I need anything because good service is everything!!!! Thanks Ian!!

POS Nation response

Hello AJ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your customer success manager, Ian! We think he is pretty great, too!

We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Get buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had a old very old system. I chose POS Nation. I have a small store and it is perfect for it. They transferred all my inventory for me and helped me set it up. I'm still getting use to it. Getting use to their reports and whatnot.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Very well, nice and so smart at what they doing. Good staff. Ian help me on my new setup so much where he explains me everything. Also their POS system is very very helpful just like their staff. Love it.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The team at POSNation is very professional. I have called in a few times in which my system has had some issues such as slowness, or my printer is not working, and they always do their best in trying to get me up and running as fast as they can. They will make sure that the problem does not occur again and it it does, they will see what the main issue could be. When I call in, I get greeted by my name and I feel like my problem matters. Johnny is usually the one I speak to and he is very great in finding what the issue is. Every one on the Tech Team is great and I know if I call in, Johnny and the team will be able to help me out. - Saigon Market

Original review: March 13, 2021

Purchased POS Nation software, they were great to deal with at the beginning, but shortly after my 30-day trial I didn't care for the system, I couldn't get any help support. They were starting to ignore my calls and emails. I decided to switch to a different system and they wouldn't refund any of it. Now I have a crappy computer I can't use for anything but a desk ornament. Would recommend using Retail Management Hero instead. Far better system, layout is nicer and they actually have trained staff to show you have the system works.

Resolution response: March 10, 2021

The company reached out to me and was very nice and willing to resolve my issues. They really stood behind their product.

Original review: March 9, 2021

They promised the world and delivered nothing. They said the system comes with unlimited training during business hours but that is not true. The training you can sign up for is scheduled 2 weeks out every time you sign up for it. Missed and late calls when they do try to train you. Not worth the money or time.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2020

OK, time to revisit this review. I had subscribed to the tech support for about 6 months, but since the bugs seemed to have been ironed out, I canceled it. Lo and behold, weeks after said cancelation, suddenly nothing connected via the USB was properly working. Keyboard, scanner, mouse...all wonky. Knowing that this was either a hardware or OS problem and not a POS software one, and that the machine itself was still under warranty, I called tech support.

Despite being in the midst of the COVID-19 epidemic and mere hours after Tropical Storm Isaias swept through NC, Tim from support called me back, connected remotely, repaired the USB controller, and did a run-through of the OS to ensure all was as it should be. Despite the initial difficulties outlined in my review of Nov. 2019, I must say that the service I received in August 2020 was exceptional. So thank you, Tim and POS Nation.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

If you want an efficient POS system, STAY AWAY! First, it's clunky as can be. Documentation is horrible, I keep getting a message that the Windows 10 Pro installed on the machine cannot be activated, and now the pin pad craps out, and you CANNOT complete a credit card sale without using their pinpad. The hardware itself is cheap and flimsy. The barcode scanner feels like it weighs about 3 ounces and will break if you hold it too firmly. Wires and cabled everywhere, despite "tucking them in" to the channels provided.

The change section of the cash drawer is ridiculous. Rather than being oriented with each denomination next to each other like every other cash drawer in the known universe, this one is oriented so that the different sections for each coin are above each other in pairs of two, rather than next to each other. So now when you go to scoop out quarters, for instance, you're dropping some of them into the dimes.

The design of the paper currency spring hold downs is another point of contention. This is truly an epic failure of industrial design, which amazes me, because it takes what has always been a simple solution (a simple lever and spring) and substitutes a ridiculous metal contraption that traps your finger when you lift it. And then there's the pole display. For starters, it does not mount to the system, but attaches to a metal plate that they expect you to slide under the cash drawer and hope no one bumps it. Clearly, this is not an acceptable or professional way of doing things, so I had to attach it to the bottom of the cash drawer with double sided tape, so at least it's secured. Oh, and forget about rotating the screen so your customer can actually SEE what they owe. The screen is cemented into place on the pole, so, tough luck, customers.

And that 24/7 tech support? Yeah, right. I called when the pinpad failed, but the phone doesn't ring, leading you to believe that the call didn't go through. After three tries, I stayed on the line anyway, when finally a robot answers and says they're all to bust—want to leave a voicemail? So I did, but didn't get a callback. So I call again, this time I finally get through to "Johnny", who attempts to walk me through the fix. Fine, but I have customers lined up and waiting at my register, so I tell him he has to wait for me to take care of my customers. One of them had already been patiently waiting to go through his failed experiment. So I disconnect the ethernet cable to hook it up to my other (working) pinpad, and he hangs up! This is the second day I have tried to use this system and it has given me nothing but problems, so I have sent an email to the company requesting an RMA so I can return it.

Resolution response: Jan. 3, 2021

Pos Nation gives you a lot of promises but never complete any, I asked for the delivery map and they said they can't connect their back end with Google Maps!!! Then why you still advertising this feature in your website if you know you can't do it. The after hours customer support is a joke, they don't have access to nothing. Same issues happening frequently and they have no clue why or how to fix them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I called POS Nation last year, Jennifer answered my call and she made the deal so sweet. She answered all the questions by "Yes. We have all these features in one pos system which is (RPOWER)". I asked her if I can have the customer history, if I can find the old orders by the phone number or name, if I'll have the delivery map, if the software is user-friendly, if I'll have the email set it up, if they'll install my menu in the pos system...etc. All her answers were "Yes. We absolutely have all these features and more." She sent me a quote of two pos terminals each with Epson printer. I agreed on it, she sent me the documents to sign it and pay; once I paid until today I have never heard from Jennifer and she never answered my calls and emails.

When I received the hardware the printers were not Epson. They were cheap brand (Rongta). I called them and they said "The documents you signed doesn't say Epson". I tried to explain them that the quote we agreed on has Epson printers but no hope. It took more than 2 months to set up the menu and when received it it was someone else menu!!! I called them and they started fixing it. It took another month and a half, finally when we started using it we figured out after two weeks that the system is not saving the customers history (this is the main point why I bought the POS system). It took a hell of the time to fix it, the system is not user friendly at all, no delivery map, we can't find old orders easily, the system does not cash out automatically over night.

I just called customer support half an hour ago. The guy couldn't find my account from the phone number. I asked him "How come you guys can't find the restaurant from the phone number." He said "I DON'T KNOW WHY SIR" and he hung up and never answered my calls again. It's Friday. I can't use my pos system and the technical support that I pay them every month won't answer me cause they are not in mood. Thanks POS Nation. Please do yourself a favor and skip this company, if any restaurant owner need more info just throw in a comment and I'll be more than happy to answer all your questions. By the way one of the terminals it stopped working after a few months.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Dear future customer, KTA: We bought their system in the first week of October and today is Dec 1 and our system is still not operational. Please don't buy their system if you have liquor/grocery store with Lotto/Scratcher. Their system doesn't support many of the functions. Although, I like their technical support person Chip. He tried to help us a lot but unfortunately, we still can't use POS until it is fully operational. Sorry, Chip it's not your fault. You did a great job.

I am writing this message with great disappointment with service we received from POS nation. We bought POS Nation hardware and software from there with all the big promises. Contrary, they were very poor in keeping those promises. Before getting their equipment and service, their west cost manager Jennifer ** kept calling me every single day but once we received the equipment she is not even accepting our call and divert our call to their support care. Don't believe her big promises. They publish 24/7 support on their website and that's another lie on the face. We hardly get connected over the phone except sometimes Chip picked up the phone. They don't provide on-site support at all which further our hassle.

These guys pretty much middle man and they don't make anything their own and add their commission on top of everything. I would rather go to ePoS now or POS Express directly as they provide much better technical support. At last, I am very very disappointed with their service and never ever recommend anyone to get their service.

POS Nation author review by ConsumerAffairs

POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as you need, and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide full-service packages and standalone software.

• POS Nation support: Standard care is free with all system purchases and includes break-fix support, online training videos and a 2-year hardware warranty. Call standard care support Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm EST. Additional monthly support starts at $39.99/month and includes 24/7 support access, unlimited one-on-one training, inventory report, virus removal and system restore.

• Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.

• POS Nation pricing: Pricing starts at $119/mo if you want to pay monthly for the hardware and software. Own the hardware and pay monthly for the software for an additional upfront cost of $1,499 plus $69/mo. Own the hardware and software for an upfront cost of $2,249 with no additional fees or payments. Pricing is based on a standard retail POS system bundle, which includes a touch PC, receipt printer, scanner, cash drawer and retail POS software license. Add additional equipment as you need it.

• Ease of process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.

• Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
    We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
    How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
    A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
    What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
    What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
    POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
    What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
    There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
    How does POS Nation measure success?
    We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
    Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
    How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information