4.51/5
Based on 83 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

154 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

A friend was looking who had better reviews, and POS Nation came out first. We got Epos Now, and everything is simple. However, there are still steps that we don’t know how to do. There are a lot of updates and now we're missing money. We’re having a lot of problems with the total lately. It shows that we made $200, then we look at the receipt and we have more money. We are supposed to be making more, but in reality we are making less.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

POS has flexible units. I had the option to buy the touchscreen monitor split with the desktop and the software. Anybody at POS Nation are amazingly very good. I’ve done a few training sessions with Ian and that went really smooth. I’m still in the programming part with the machine. We haven't started using it so far but it’s an awesome system. They have awesome tech support and I really have a pleasant experience so far. And I am looking forward to using the system. I think it will meet all my needs in terms of using the machine.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

A friend asked me about POS Nation and I suggested that he get it. And he wants to buy it. POS Nation is better because I compared prices online and they are cheaper compared to other POS systems. We have the Cash Register Express and it's easy to use. However, they could send someone to put an inventory system and charge a fee for it as that's very hard for me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

POS Nation has an awesome technical support system that anybody should have in their business. When I come across a problem that I can’t solve, I just give up. But they have been able to help me. The only thing is when I first put something on layaway, I can’t get my money until they pay for the layaway, which I think is wrong. Other than that, I like my Cash Register Express Pro.

POS Nation response

Thanks Phoebe for the wonderful review! We're extremely proud of our technical support team and the service they are able to provide on every single call. If you have any questions or concerns, we'll be here to help!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I worked with Spence from the sales team. Then I’ve been dealing with their technicians whenever something goes wrong. Overall, everybody was great and everybody knows what they are doing. I have a couple of problems because it’s lagging and it’s been freezing on me. I already set up an appointment for it. But so far, the POS Nation system is great. Anyone who needs a POS system should give it a shot. I like their Inventory Control feature and most of the system is simple. I don’t really have to call anyone in order to get anything straight. I’m a tech guy so I just do it myself.

POS Nation response

Great review Gurwinder! We appreciate your kind words and time. If you ever come across anything that you have questions about, we have our 24/7 support team here to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

POS Nation took the time to explain things and they are always calling to check up on us. They are a good company. I was looking into a POS system so I Googled a whole bunch of companies and POS Nation was one of the first ones that popped up, so I called. I liked the way Brian explained things to me. He was patient. All the other companies just told me what they got. There were three of us working the cash register in the grocery store and the Cash Register Express Pro from POS Nation was the one that I felt like is going to be the easiest for my aunt. She takes a lot to learn technology and it looked the easiest.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

POS Nation's equipment is more closely similar to the system that I was using. I talked with Brian several times and emailed with him. He was a super guy. I purchased the Cash Register Express Pro, and although I haven’t used it yet, I like that I can either be in the cloud or be independent. It gives me the freedom to choose what suits my business the best.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The people at POS Nation are top-notch and have been heaven-sent for us. Every time we call them, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. We first set up a one hour training. Adam was so freaking good and very down-to-earth. He talked in our terms and not some big words that we don’t understand or care even about hearing. When we get off the phone with them every time, we're like, “Wow. I am so glad I went with these people.” Not only do they have a good product, they have the support and the knowledge to back it up.

We got everything with them as far as the credit card side. We went live with our system yesterday at about 2:00, which we back up to the cloud, and so far so good. The money rolls over at 7:00. I spend $12 a month, but it’s very cheap insurance to keep from losing all our data. I like all of the features. We're not the sharpest knife in the drawer by no means but the system is user-friendly and has the reports. In about five minutes, I found the report and ran it real easy. We’re so pleased with POS Nation that I got a tablet coming that has all of my software so I can do the manager side of things without even being at the cash register. In about another two months, we plan on buying another system to run right beside this one for the drive-thru window. I highly recommend POS Nation.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I went to YouTube and typed in POS systems then POS Nation popped up the first. I viewed if a lot of customers were happy and then I went online and put an order. I talked to Spencer, which was a really nice guy. He took care of me and walked me through it. He did most of the order, which I was happy with. I got Cash Register Express through them. The system's a lot organized, it works great and it's neat. The software is so easy to use, it keeps my inventory straight and I don’t have to worry about a lot. It's phenomenal how I can add items in. I can go to the system and do this or go to control panel and add this. It does everything what I want to do. Anybody can use it as well. My dad who is 63 is even learning to use it. Normally, it's hard for that age to get into computers and he's even liking it.

I had a bad experience in the beginning and the system crashed on me the first time. I put in days of work and they were lost. Then the software still got little bugs. Sometimes it just kept on printing receipts for no reason. The technical support was able to fix that for me and so far, it's good right now. Their morning crew was awesome and really good too. They know what they're doing, unlike the night crew. They're just temporary from what I heard and I wouldn’t recommend the weekend ones. Then the new update they did made my system go even slower and it's taking a lot more space. My fingers are faster than the computer right now.

I hope that when they send out a printer, they should at least identify what kind of rolls are there and send at least one or two with it just to back it up. One time the printer roll came with not even half a roll and I didn’t even know which one was good. I'd have to figure that out. Everything else works good and I'm happy about it. I would definitely recommend POS Nation. If they can really fix the update so it goes a little faster, that would be A plus for me. This is just a trial for me and I'm liking it so far. I might get another one later.

POS Nation response

We're very glad you're enjoying your trial of Cash Register Express so far! Our goal is to earn your business every day and we will make sure there are enough rolls for your printer when you receive it. Thank you for your review Ravinder!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

When we did some research, we were happy with POS Nation's videos and their website. They were very easy to speak to on the phone, and they helped us decide which system we needed because we're not really familiar with any POS systems. We explained to them what type of store we are, and they suggested the one the Cash Register Express. We've had a couple training sessions over the phone. The first one was a little overwhelming but the second one was super helpful. Our store is not open yet. We're still trying to get it filled with inventory and kind of learning the POS as we go. But so far, it has been good and very straightforward. I'd definitely recommend POS Nation.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

While I was doing research on the internet for a particular POS system I was looking for, I found POS Nation and it seemed like the best fit for me. I've got several other different POS systems but they were for restaurants. POS was a combination of a restaurant and a convenience store, which seemed to fit better. Their sales team was very helpful and even stayed with me to get their paperwork back. We got the Cash Register Express and my guy has been interacting with customer support to get the system set up and to start loading and entering the account, pricing and barcodes on the computer. I wasn’t really pleased about the barcode scanners, but I haven't used the unit yet and I won't know until we start going live with this unit in a few weeks.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review and choosing POS Nation Frank. We are aware of some of the concerns in regards to the barcode scanner and we are looking for alternate scanners to add to our inventory. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if there are any other problems with the scanner.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We've been using POS Nation for six years now, and the sales team and the person I've dealt with for the last couple of years have been great. We went with the company because it was not a subscription service and because of their software. We purchased Cash Register Express, a retail system, and Aldelo Restaurant Express, a service restaurant software, and they are useful. Everything has been done on time. We've had a couple of issues last couple of months that we had to send some stuff in for repair -- one within warranty, one was not -- and it all went well and smooth. The systems and software are easy to use. It's a fairly short learning curve for the kids using the software, and it was scalable so we didn't have to use all the features. The teachers could manage what they needed to do, and not do everything.

That makes it easier for the teachers. The teachers end up using most of it on a daily basis but the footprint is nice as far as the hardware. You flip the touchscreen and the cash drawer is not a large footprint on the table. Users are easy to set up to keep with the manager students. The POS Nations teams have been really good. A number of times, the teachers said they had to call. They've gotten online and working with connecting two registers together when they lost connectivity. The teams have been excellent, reliable and hardworking. And they've had no problems with customer service when we have had problems so it's been a great relationship.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We already have pcAmerica but we were trying out a different company, and POS Nation's sales team was great. I got the Cash Register Express, which I have used before so I knew the program and how to work the whole thing. The equipment is accurate and it's much easier compared to other registers. It's not set up properly though so we're working as we go.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I did a lot of research online and found the POS Nation website. I saw some demos and I liked the format. They also had a small video on YouTube that showed how it was geared towards liquor stores. That opened up my eyes a little more to pay attention and try to get a feel for the system. I noticed that it looked very user-friendly and it was what I was looking for in general. The sales rep was very good with me. They were prompt and they helped me out a lot. I have the Cash Register Express, all-in-one POS system with the touchscreen. I'm very happy with the service but I had a few technical issues when setting up the system. I was able to speak with more than one agent and the guys troubleshooting the systems have been good so far. I like that I'm able to do inventory checks, which helps a lot, and reporting which makes a big deal with my type of business especially when I have a lot of skew numbers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I bought the whole POS system, which included the computer with a printer, the cash drawer, and the label printer. I went on with them seeing the way they treated me and given the price and the testimony that I heard. I like the way the equipment works and it’s very user-friendly. And whenever I call their customer service, they were right there to answer and help me out. They took good care of us and trained us. They’re very nice people to get along with. Our experience with them would be impossible to be better.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

POS Nation was one of the first I found out on Google and it’s better than what I had. Their sales team was very good and their customer service reps were very professional. I got a whole POS system. With the previous system I had, before you ring somebody up, the system allows you to put a check mark on items that are EBT. With this system, I haven’t seen that. When I’m doing inventory, there's a place to put a check mark that the item is food stampable, which is fine.

But when it comes to checking out or ringing the customer out, there is no option to put a check mark at the top to tell you that all the items are being paid by a food stamp. If the person is paying through their own card, it doesn’t make a difference whether it’s food stamp or not because they are paying out of their pockets. But when it comes to food stamp, you want to make sure that everything on the list is food stampable. We all need checks and balances to make sure that we don’t make mistakes. But tthere's no way with this system to tell that some of the items are not food stampable, and it can easily be mixed.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have a cash register from POS Nation and I don’t like the scanner. It doesn’t scan the barcodes easily and it’s a pain. We have to move the barcode up and down all the time. We had the same problem with the keyboard but they replaced that. For the scanner, it wasn't free so I spent money on that yet when I called and told them it had the same problem with the keyboard, they just said, "Hey, do this and that." The problem is the same and I've called three times. They don’t want to take care of it so I've stopped calling them. But we're starting a new store and the person who followed up for sales was good. I contacted five different companies and nobody called me back but she's been in contact with me all the time.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your full review Bobby. We're sorry about the performance of our scanner, we understand the hassle you have experienced using it. We are looking to expand our scanner options and will notify you when we find one that performs better. We pride ourselves on our support, so please do not hesitate to call in if you have any further questions or needs.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The owner needed an update to set for a POS. I went on researching and found POS Nation to be one of the best POS systems when it came to pricing and overall usage. I just finished talking to the technician and we were just setting up the terminal for the credit card payment. He was good and very helpful. We were working for about an hour or so and we just processed our very first transaction. The owner is very satisfied with the software side of it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

POS Nation had the software and everything that we needed for our new venture in the restaurant business. We got their Register Express and my IT guy said it's pretty easy to use once you're all set up. We don’t have any complaints about the helpdesk and technical support, but I get aggravated there all the time. I think that’s the way it is with most point of sale system or any type of software system. You have to call them and you’re on hold, and I can’t afford to keep our business phones on hold for an extended period of time. We have to call in orders and everything else that we place. And I have to use my cell phone and sometimes I forget and then I have to eventually hang up and try it another time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I have the full retail POS package from POS Nation. The inventory tracking platform was a big deal to me. Plus, on the POS side, they had everything I wanted in a system. They are also pretty good to schedule stuff as quickly as possible and they’ve been the easiest to work with. The system has been easy to use but that might change once we open and start getting products in and finding stuff that we got to fix but everything’s been simple so far. Also, their reps have been great. Sometimes, I have ideas that I want to do and we have to brainstorm for a solution and they’ve been pretty helpful.

POS Nation response

Thanks Brian for your review! We're proud to offer a full turn-key solution for all our customers. If you have any other questions or concerns, we'd be more than happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I have an excellent relationship with POS Nation. I purchased the whole system with the cash register, the software, hardware, and printer. I like their system. When I looked at it, it looked good to me and it met the criteria that I was looking for. Their customer service was really good. If I have any issues at all, they were resolved promptly and very quickly. So, that was nice because I’m not very good with computers. I dealt with them once and it was a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I found POS Nation's YouTube presentation and purchased the Cash Register Express. The equipment is easy to use and I like the convenience. But I have all sorts of issues with the new printer they have. When I called the tech support, it went back and forth five times before we could sort it out. Despite that, I would definitely recommend POS Nation. The sales team were very professional. They knew what they were doing and I was happy with them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I researched for a register and POS Nation popped up. I told them what I needed and they set me up with the Cash Register Express. Their team was pretty good. I would call them on Sundays as that's when I have more time to get involved with the machine without customers delaying me because I close on Sundays. I thought they weren't open but still, they helped me out. So, that was a plus. Also, it's awesome that my employees don't have to ask me questions. All the information is in there. There are things that I have to get used to but overall, it does what it has to. I recommend POS Nation.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have the Cash Register Express and I like that everything is all together and that I am able to put and see all my stuff. It was barcoding and everything was so organized in this program. The sales team were nice, however, when purchasing this stuff, they should inform me how they work. They were supposed to contact about my merchandise to meet my expectations with what I had with my previous machine and they never did. POS Nation's customer service reps are very nice and helpful as well even though there are so many times they were not able to help me with the problems.

I just started working on the new system this week and there are a few issues. We’re trying to solve the problem right now. I do have the machine going to the POS but it’s not working how I want. How the system is set up and my expectations were a little bit different. There was the time issue with my credit card and which was not supposed to be charged. The merchandise cards are not working as they’re supposed to be to the POS.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I don’t want to piss off POS Nation right now because I have to deal with them and I still have work to do. I wasn’t thrilled with the salesperson. We're a garden center and a very small company. We may buy two licenses and I felt like he was rushing us through because we weren't worth it. On the other hand, their technical support there is outstanding and the experience I've had with them so far has been above and beyond. Niko tutored me in some of my training. And then I had an amazing experience with Adam. I blocked myself out because I didn’t realize I deleted something I shouldn't have. I told him I couldn’t figure out how to do something and this was not even his area. About a week and a half later, he sent me an email after he did some research for me to see if his solution would work. I had learned about it and I was jumping up and down. I don't normally have that kind of experience with tech support.

We're trying out the system right now, and then we'll tell POS Nation. I don't care how bad it is because I can't resist because of this guy. But, we're still working and I'm testing it out until December 31st. If I'm feeling like it, yes, it's a go. I'll take it and we're going to do it, so it's my word. But, at this point, we're going to do what we want. There's a lot of stuff in these programs that are geared towards restaurants and this one's kind of like that. I'm good at working around stuff, so I'm finding ways to do that and I'm liking it. Everybody else on POS Nation has been incredible. I like their 24/7 customer service and tech support. They said the software is so easy to use but it’s not really, just the background. There is a kind of a huge learning curve there but I'm now figuring it out. If there was one thing I cannot do, we discussed it and then we'll work at it a different way and everybody was fine with that. Right now, everything's great with POS Nation.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I like the comfort level with the sales team of POS Nation. I was leaning towards a different product and they gave me a couple of different options. I went away from my original thought pattern and went with the option that they fully explained to me, and it’s been working really well for us. We got the Cash Register Express for its functionality for our application. The equipment is definitely commercial grade, and that’s my biggest plus to it. Customer service is also very good. I have not had one time yet where they haven’t been able to answer my question or solve my problem. I’m extremely pleased that I ran across POS Nation because they’re extremely professional and I would highly recommend them if I were asked who to go with. They are top-notch.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

POS Nation seemed to be more overall user-friendly and very flexible. It had the features that we were wanting and it offered more of what we were looking for. We bought a retail POS system for our tobacco shop and the salespeople were fine when we were deciding on the purchase. They helped us do the initial set up and the implementation. They also helped us hook up the hardware. They have been extremely easy to worked with. We just implemented the system last Wednesday and it's been very successful and very good so far.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The staff at POS Nation was friendly and informative. They were also very helpful and quick to respond. I got a Cash Register Express due to the nature of my business. I enjoyed the customer receipt. A lot of systems do that, but theirs stood out. It was a good fit. I haven't put it in to use though as I'm still setting it up. I have to manually enter all my data and I have over 2000 items in stock in my store. It's taking me a while, but so far so good. It's been an easy experience.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was working with POS Nation before and this is my second store. They're good on tech support and on everything that's why I continue working with them. I have a POS system which is good for the liquor store, and so far, I have three stations from them. I was searching and there was a lot of stuff in it, and I liked it. I liked the price, too. I was working with Ryan and he helped me a lot including choosing stuff and price recommendation. I can call him if I need something and he helped me all the time. I'm happy with both the system and the service. The system is great and so are the people. I recommend POS Nation.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We've been using POS Nation for 3 years and it's been good for us. Their team is nice and they help us whenever we have some problems. The system works good and it's easy to run. I might stay using the same software.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review and for being our customer for the past 3 years! We're proud to have your business and work hard to earn it every single day.

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
How does POS Nation measure success?
We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information

posnation.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use