4.62/5

Discover a POS system

POS Nation

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

View More View More

214 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was researching a small handful of companies and POS Nation appeared to be able to do some of the items I was looking for or the way I wanted to run since I am doing partial consignment and mainly resale. I worked with the sales team and everything there went quite smoothly. Unfortunately though, there were a couple of things that I was not made fully aware of. And without knowing, I didn't know what to ask. But I did find out that the product did not fit into QuickBooks unless you purchase the online web version and I had already purchased the standard software. I also struggled with a lot of the internal reports. I've worked with a lot of software before but I didn't find the POS Nation one all that user-friendly. I've had to actually call in for some of the reports or for things that were worded funny or hidden layers deep. Still, I'm getting used to it more and more everyday.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Jill. We're sorry to hear that it has been a difficult process getting ramped up on our POS software. We provide a full turn-key solution and one of the effects from this is the layers of customization available to end users. Because of this, we provide 24/7 support and training to help show and teach customers how to utilize their POS solution. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our technical support team for assistance, we are always here to help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We looked at three different point of sale system providers and POS Nation fit my needs the best. I purchased a Restaurant Express System from them as well as hardware and software. Their reps were very knowledgeable and they've been very good to work with. We've had some issues and Ian, the rep whom I deal with has been great.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review Phil. We're extremely happy to hear how enjoyable your experience has been with us. If you need anything else or have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We are a very small business and POS Nation seemed simple enough. Their location was at Charlotte, North Carolina and that was where my husband and I met, so that played a part in choosing them. I compared POS Nation with a few other companies and they seemed to be the best fit for our business. We got their Cash Register Express and it's easy to use. I’ve been entering inventory and that’s easily done. The people at POS Nation has been very helpful. They’ve kept in touch with me even though we have not gotten it up and running yet. They have wonderful customer service.

POS Nation response

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Shawn. Our goal is to provide a full turn-key solution and we're extremely happy to hear how wonderful your experience with us has been. If you ever have any questions, we are always here to help.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My partner has another location and he has been with POS Nation for six years. He bought all the equipment from them so when I opened this location, I contacted them and purchased the same exact equipment and the others as well because we were very familiar with it. Also, we transferred all the inventory to this one, so it made a lot easier for us. The system does what it’s supposed to do and their reps always take care of the problem. Whenever I call tech support, they answer and fix the issue. Everything in my hand is going fine so far.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I use POS Nation mostly for tech support and they're simple to use. Their customer service is really nice and I like that somebody from the States is able to answer. Other customer service is overseas and sometimes, there's a language barrier. POS being local makes their service even better.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Juan. We focus on providing a quality technical support service and we're extremely happy to hear your positive feedback. If you have any questions or need any help, we're more than happy to be of assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We’re a gaming cafe with 80% retail and 20% kind of restaurant and the ability to have both on one POS with POS Nation is very helpful. It was mostly through emails with their sales reps but it went smoothly. I got the cash drawer and a scanner and they supply the printers which have been good. I would absolutely recommend them.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review and recommendation David! If you have any questions, we're more than happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We saw a friend's POS at her store and we like her system. We found the same system through the internet but with cloud version. I sent an email, requesting some information and then after that we made a couple of phone calls and we bought it. We talked to them regarding some issues on the system, and some requirements that we thought that would be good. We had some doubts the first time regarding reports. We are a 24-hour liquor store so when I asked for a daily sales report, the starting time and finish time, is like 5:00 AM. I was in doubt why not 12:00 in the morning. Also when I receive new products to add the stock, I think it can be a little bit easier than it is, but the other points run well. The best part about it is the Back Office because I can access the system anywhere from my phone. It's a very good system.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Marcos! We're very happy to hear that you enjoy your system and that we were able to resolve your previous concerns about the software.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

POS Nation was said to be the one good for the liquor store and when I dealt with the salespeople, I had a good experience. Everything was on time and the price was okay. Everything is fine except the equipment. I don’t wanna be in the all-in-one computer because it’s too small. But I've asked them how I could transfer my whole program to the bigger PC and I'm just waiting for them to call. That aside, the system is good for retail.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review Henrik! We're glad to hear about your great experience with our team. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

One of my friends recommended POS Nation so I decided to contact them myself. I had a good interaction with the guy that was helping me. We had a couple of hiccups in between, setting it up and everything. But after I reached out to him regarding my issues, he initiated the whole thing by helping me out and making sure that everything went smoothly. When he was helping me out in the beginning, the system was great. But then I had to be shut down almost three days because of issues that we had with POS system. It wasn't consecutively in a row, but it was two days, back to back, and then one day because nobody reached out. And they kept saying that they don't work after hours which we were having a hard time understanding. I'm paying a monthly fee of $39.99 and I don't know when we'd have issues. It could be anytime during the week or it could be a weekend thing so they should always have somebody on call.

So, I was forced to reach out to my salesperson and after that, he made sure he personally gave me his phone number. And he took it upon himself to make sure that if I did have any hiccups anytime of the hour that he actually could take it upon himself to fix the issues, which I've totally appreciated because we did lose money in three days that we had to be shut down because majority of our transactions are through the POS system and credit card, being one of them. But everything turned around to a better experience because my salesperson did take the initiative and made sure that he reached out to me when I texted him right away about anything. At least something was done about the issue. That salesperson handled the situation and anytime that I had to text him, I would hear from him within a minute or so.

POS Nation has to make sure that someone is available if there are issues where they have to take over and get into the system such as the power outage that we had. We had no idea what needed to be done with the system. We did everything to get it up and going and it was just not working for us. We're paying that monthly fee too so everybody has to do their part. Overall, I did have a good experience and I would definitely recommend POS Nation to others.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I’ve called POS Nation for tech support issues, hardware issues, just setting up our new stores, and all of the reps have been great. It’s always whenever I’m trying to do something new that the program doesn’t usually allow for. I’ve called them a whole bunch and every time, they can fix my problem pretty quickly. We have a POS system called Cash Register Express from them and we also get the hardware for that from them, including the computer, the cash store, the displays, and barcode scanners. The equipment is easy to use. I can train somebody who’s slightly computer-savvy to use their software in a day. The reporting features are good on it, and all the stuff works. I have recommended them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had used the software that they sell for point of sale which is the PC America products, and so, I was familiar with the POS Nation product. However, the vendor that I got it from last time was not very familiar with it. When I talked to the guys over at POS, they were pretty good at answering my questions. I felt confident that they knew what they were doing based on the answers that they gave me. Whenever they put the package together for me and put the quote together, I had a good feeling that they had the experiences and that they knew what they were doing. They knew how to work with products and they were pretty easy to talk to and to work with.

The other thing is they gave me a feeling that they were an established company and that they had a decent team working for that company be it in sales or tech support because a lot of POS software vendors or resellers, lots of times, they’re one- or two- or three-person operation, and they say they have 24 hours support. When you call them though, you never get a-hold of them. This wasn’t the case with POS Nation. I felt these guys were put together right.

The POS Nation equipment is pretty straightforward to work with. The actual operation is relatively easy. It’s uncomplicated. Maybe, the integration between the credit cards terminal and the POS could be better because when processing credit or debit cards, you could only process the Master as e-signature transactions rather than a true debit PIN transaction. I really don’t like that because in most places you go and use your debit card, you can PIN the thing and everybody is getting away from signatures especially debit signatures. POS Nation does not have a compatible vendor that offers that. It’s the processor that they work with and they do some of that in-house, but it’s a third party that processed it.

So, I think that really needs to be changed ASAP. It’s because a lot of times, people that have a debit card even though they wanna put in their PIN, they do so as it’s safer and it’s safer for the retailer not having to save all those bills and signed receipt that a lot of people lose or don’t organize properly. Other than that, everything is fine.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We have the Retail POS from POS Nation and it fits the business that I am in. The equipment is efficient. Whenever I call the technical support team or customer service, they're right on board. They've been helpful when I have questions.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was promised that POS Nation would do everything that Microsoft Retail Management System would do at half the time so I chose them. But it has been extremely frustrating trying to get the information I'm used to acquiring with a simple couple of clicks and having to go through multiple stages and multiple screens to gain half of the information that I want. Right now, I'm not very happy and I'm kinda irritated and upset that I convinced the owner of the shop to buy five of the software licenses. It's a lot more efficient and easier to use. I was told that everything I asked for, POS Nation software could do and it can be done in multiple aspects, in four or five more steps. It's not simple and it's not easy unless I have a restaurant and I don’t. Other than that, the customer service is okay. I get responses and I get professionals. They can talk me through it.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review William and we're sorry to hear that you've had frustrations learning our software. Our technical support team is thoroughly trained and available 24/7 to help teach you the software inside and out. You can schedule any time you'd like with one of our technical support representatives at (877) 727-3548, Option 2.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I've talked to several different companies but the guy who I spoke with from POS Nation sounded much more promising than the other ones and when you buy stuff online, you kinda get scammed every now and then, so POS Nation sounded pretty genuine to me. I have a liquor store and the Cash Register Express was especially made for liquor stores and restaurants. It was exactly what I wanted. I've only used basic registers before POS Nation and the good thing about it is you don’t have to remember all the prices. Once you enter every item in the computer, it keeps all the prices and the inventory tracking is also excellent. Everything is pretty amazing.

We contacted their technical support several different times when we had some issues with the software key in the beginning. I ordered three different systems, two for one store and one for the other store, and they were all registered under the same key and every two or three days, one of the computer will crash and we have to re-register. We finally figured it out and they all have a different key number now, so they are all working properly now.

POS Nation response

We're glad to hear how happy you are with your new POS system Chirag! If you have any other questions or concerns about using your system,don't hesitate to give us a call at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

POS has been great and when I started with them, their sales team was very knowledgeable. Their service is also easy to use and their equipment's quality is fantastic.

POS Nation response

Thank you James for your review! We're glad we've been able to be so helpful. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm very, very satisfied with POS Nation. It's a good product and it does everything it says it does, so it has facilitated my way of doing business. I wanted a touchtone system that was easy to operate, and the price from POS Nation was very, very reasonable compared to other manufacturers. We also got the Cash Register Express software and the equipment has been very versatile. It gives you a lot of options to manage your inventory, prices, and quantities. It's easy to use so I'm really, really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone. Also, their sales team was very, very cooperative. They went along and taught us everything we needed to know to operate the system and they answered any concerns that we had. They were very, very helpful. I will recommend them.

Original review: July 22, 2018

POS Nation's representatives were excellent. We just got another POS for our second store and that was handled really well. Our POS Nation equipment is user-friendly whereas we’ve not really had any problems with it as far as functionality and I like when the electricity goes off or we get disconnected through the internet. It’s always easy to just go back in and restart it. For guys that are not really computer savvy, it’s very nice. The only thing is sometimes there is an attitude with Help desk people. Some we’re very nice and friendly and helpful, and others aren’t. They say, “You should know how to do that” and “You’re wasting time by asking me these questions.” But other than that, everything is working fine.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was looking at so many different POS systems and it was POS Nation's response time and price that got me going with them. Their salespeople did a great job. It's a huge system and I’m trying to work on doing reports. Although I had a couple of glitches with it and I’m still learning quite a bit, so far, the equipment's working really well. Their tech support's phenomenal too. I would definitely recommend it.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Rod! We pride ourselves on providing customer support we can be proud of. If you have any other questions, we'd be more than happy to help!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I opened a tailoring shop and set up the retail. I was searching online and I ended with Jennifer, POS Nation's representative in Los Angeles. She was super nice and one day, she came and brought the demo to the shop. She showed me how their system worked and spent 40 minutes with me on the shop. After that, I shopped around for another two months. But I finally went with their system as that was the only one that was working for me. There were a lot more companies, but their system didn't work the way I wanted it. And POS Nation was a little bit cheaper, so, their system really worked for me and I’m happy with that.

So far, everything is fine. However, I want the full-size invoices. I also called two weeks ago to change the design because right now, the invoice says the number of the item and the quantity. I asked them to move the quantity next to the prices, which would be much better. Another thing is, if I have six items but I did four transactions, the right corner of the invoice would show only four items. POS Nation's reps said that they could not do what I asked and maybe they don't wanna waste their time to fix it. However, it’d be really easy because before I bought the system, I would create a kinda invoice by myself on Excel at the computer. You just put that column for the quantity from the left side next to the prices and you just type it over there.

Other than that, their technical support staff has been really nice. At the beginning, they were easy to get a hold of but now I have to wait 20 minutes until they answer the phone. I also went with one of their employees, Adam, twice for a training that lasted for one hour, and he was super helpful. All in all, POS Nation has a great system and it's really easy to work on it. At first it was very hard for me and I was calling every 30 minutes, every one hour, and every two hours. But they explained to me to keep working on it and now I got used to it. After a month, I worked the barcode scanner as well from POS Nation because when we receive some of our garments, they don't have a barcode. So, we have to put a barcode on them to make it easy to scan.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I was looking online and I typed in computer systems for a liquor store, and POS Nation happened to pop up. I had looked at another one, but I had read the reviews on it and I didn't like what those ones said, while POS had some pretty good reviews. I had also inquired with another one but the only thing that stopped me from going ahead with them was that they couldn't provide me with a list of people who were already using the system that I could call and see how they liked it. With Bryan, they were able to give me a couple of people who are even in the same state that are using POS Nation. We haven't had a chance to get it going 'cause it's a little time consuming with having to put everything in individually and setting that kind of stuff up. But I like the system and the training a lot and overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have the POS Nation POS system and my interactions with their representatives have all been positive. We had a second terminal through our existing terminal. Everything is good and I'm thrilled. I couldn't be any more happy.

POS Nation response

We're really glad to hear how happy you are with your new POS system Jonathan! Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I did a search online for all different POS systems and we demoed quite a few of them before we decided which one would work for us. I have a retail shop that has craft supplies and I also have people in here with consignment items. I needed to have an option to be able to have my consignment people in there when there's not a scannable item. POS Nation told me how I could do that easily. We've been open a little over a month now and so far it's worked pretty well. Chelsea was my rep and she was phenomenal. She walked me through everything, did the demos with us and answered any questions that I had. We're pretty new so we've had a couple of glitches here and there, but when I call the technical department, they're usually pretty good at getting me up and running again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

When I started purchasing my business, we were looking at POS systems. I was very torn between a few of the vendors in the beginning and I chose to go with POS Nation because I could outright buy the system. And the system is working really well for us. The customer service has been really good too. Even during their busy periods, I’ve been able to get a response within 15 minutes to a half-hour at the latest on a callback, which I feel is reasonable. I like the system. But I wanna see how detailed I can get with the Back Office and I still need to play with that. I also had a few glitches with the system, but they were resolved quickly, which I appreciated. The ID scanner for driver’s license is a good function too, and I like it, considering my business is a liquor store.

POS Nation response

Thank you Gordon for your review! We're really proud of the service and products we provide and we're glad they've been the best solution for you. If you need another questions answered, don't hesitate to call us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a cash register for retail from POS Nation. I like the touchscreen. I can print any report any time. I called customer service a couple of times and they were good. I just had to wait for a little while. But everything is working fine.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review Jagjit! If you have any other questions about your POS solution, we're always here to help!

Original review: July 6, 2018

POS Nation has been helpful to us and they’re always on point and they always call us back. POS Nation was the closest thing to Aloha so we chose to use them. And the owner is not from the restaurant world, so he thought that it would be fine. But we ended up being a lot higher volume than he had expected, and the computers cannot keep up with us. We depend on the computer to function 100%. And I’ve had problems with payroll where the computers crashed one time and I still can’t figure out how to fix the payroll from that day. So, now my labor looks completely wonky.

I’m not really having a good experience with the system at all. We have lots of problems. It crashes a lot and we feel like it’s not very user-friendly. And we have to press a lot of buttons to just do one simple thing. And then also, the customer service is not helpful at all if it’s after 5:00. We’re also having trouble with customers getting charged double and customer service is only open from like 9:00 to 5:00. But even if I call during business hours, I still can’t get through to them sometimes because there are so many people. It’s really frustrating sometimes. And then there’s a whole list of questions that POS Nation couldn’t answer, so they put in a ticket to RPOWER. And RPOWER never really got back to us. And there’s certain things that still aren’t fixed and we’ve been open for two and a half months. It’s not working very well and I think the boss in our company is starting to look at the other options.

The guys at POS Nation, Adam, Garrett and Eric, have put their time to help me. So, there was not a lack of trying on their part. But I feel like the system needs to be better on RPOWER’s end. I don’t wanna be a negative Nancy here. The computers serve their purpose but it might be better in a lower-volume restaurant. And overall, POS Nation’s doing great. But we'll definitely consider using Aloha instead of RPOWER because RPOWER is awful.

POS Nation response

Thank you Lena for your thorough review and we're really sorry to hear about your experience using RPOWER. RPOWER is capable of managing large restaurant operations, but it does take longer to initiate. We will continue to provide the service you deserve to get full operational. Again we are sorry about the time it has taken and the communication between RPOWER and yourself. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to call us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We got the retail system from POS Nation. It is user-friendly and the easiest to operate.

POS Nation response

Thanks for the review Barry! If you have any questions, you can reach us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I set up a POS system here in the store and we're enjoying it so far because the support is awesome. They're quick to get back to us. They usually log on remotely and guide us through whatever they're doing. They don't just jump on and fix it. They explain what they're doing and show us how we can use it to better utilize our needs. We liked the cost and it's easy to set up. It's pre-configured pretty much to everything we need. We didn't have to go a lot of special stuff. It's also easy to utilize and learn. I'd recommend it.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Tim! We value providing support and service that we can brag about and I'm glad your experience hasn't been different. If you have any more questions or concerns, you know where to find us!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I’ve been doing business with POS Nation for eight years. I purchased a POS software from them and the software integrates between all of the stores.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal customer of ours for 8 years! If you have any questions or need help, you can reach us at (704) 405-5089.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed something really quick and I liked the product that POS Nation had. POS Nation is a good company to deal with and they usually answer your questions really quickly. I have a convenience store and I use their Cash Register Express for my liquors. It’s not completely 100% active yet so I’m still putting my inventory and just playing with it a little bit in there to see what I run into.

Original review: May 22, 2018

POS Nation had positive reviews and I've had their system for a month and a half now. I have some familiarity with other systems and it’s working as good as any of them. As far as what item I received, I got what I expected. Also, they’ve been more than helpful working through any situations we’ve had. Anytime I call their customer service, I get a quick response.

POS Nation expert review by ConsumerAffairs

POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as you need, and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide full-service packages and standalone software.

• POS Nation support: Standard care is free with all system purchases and includes break-fix support, online training videos and a 2-year hardware warranty. Call standard care support Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm EST. Additional monthly support starts at $39.99/month and includes 24/7 support access, unlimited one-on-one training, inventory report, virus removal and system restore.

• Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.

• POS Nation pricing: Pricing starts at $119/mo if you want to pay monthly for the hardware and software. Own the hardware and pay monthly for the software for an additional upfront cost of $1,499 plus $69/mo. Own the hardware and software for an upfront cost of $2,249 with no additional fees or payments. Pricing is based on a standard retail POS system bundle, which includes a touch PC, receipt printer, scanner, cash drawer and retail POS software license. Add additional equipment as you need it.

• Ease of process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.

• Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.

• Best for: Retail stores, restaurants, salons and spas

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs Research Team

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
    We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
    How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
    A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
    What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
    What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
    POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
    What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
    There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
    How does POS Nation measure success?
    We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
    Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
    How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information