Call toll free
4.54/5
Based on 104 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

188 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

I set up a POS system here in the store and we're enjoying it so far because the support is awesome. They're quick to get back to us. They usually log on remotely and guide us through whatever they're doing. They don't just jump on and fix it. They explain what they're doing and show us how we can use it to better utilize our needs. We liked the cost and it's easy to set up. It's pre-configured pretty much to everything we need. We didn't have to go a lot of special stuff. It's also easy to utilize and learn. I'd recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I’ve been doing business with POS Nation for eight years. I purchased a POS software from them and the software integrates between all of the stores.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed something really quick and I liked the product that POS Nation had. POS Nation is a good company to deal with and they usually answer your questions really quickly. I have a convenience store and I use their Cash Register Express for my liquors. It’s not completely 100% active yet so I’m still putting my inventory and just playing with it a little bit in there to see what I run into.

Original review: May 22, 2018

POS Nation had positive reviews and I've had their system for a month and a half now. I have some familiarity with other systems and it’s working as good as any of them. As far as what item I received, I got what I expected. Also, they’ve been more than helpful working through any situations we’ve had. Anytime I call their customer service, I get a quick response.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were searching for a new cash register system. We’re a retail and crafting center, so we wanted it to be touch-screen. We also wanted it to be very user-friendly, so people at different levels would be able to access it and then, to be obviously a good transferable skill for them. We worked with adults with developmental disorders and we were looking to find something that was very similar to what the major retailers are using. So we looked at a lot of services, types, and ratings of different ones. And we found POS Nation online.

When we were purchasing, we talked to one person and then we talked to another person as we were doing the setup. And they were all extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. They walked us through step by step when we needed it. They sent the equipment and then, they had lots of online support and phone support to help us get everything up and running. So it was very good.

Whenever we need help, they’re right there. They’re also easy to get in touch with. We can email or call them and get help right away or set up an appointment, which is also very convenient. We can also set up an appointment where they will either take over the setup remotely or help us out. And I also get just the right number of emails about, “Did you do your backups? Did you do this?”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: May 20, 2018

I liked the price point of POS Nation and I bought their Cash Register Express system about three months ago. But I still don’t have it online and I’ve dealt with their customer service around 12 times. They've been professional but not as helpful.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We run a smoothie business, and it’s a really fast-paced business. I went on Amazon looking for POS system and found POS Nation. We bought the POS from there, but it can't do some of the things that we really want it to do. We wanted a label to print out that we can put on the cups so the people making it know what they’re making. So we don’t have to carry the receipt over and have all kinds of receipt on the counter. But other than that, the POS is easy to set up and use. I have to pay the $400 a year for customer service and they helped me out when I called. They did a pretty good job.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I talked to a few of POS places and POS Nation was the only one that seemed like they could help me out. We didn't have weeks to wait around and they told us that they could get the POS to us within a couple of days and they came through with everything they said they were gonna do. We got the regular POS system, and their customer service and tech support teams were good.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2018

POS Nation's salesman was very knowledgeable, helpful and responsive. However, I've had some glitches with their company. The part I'm not happy about is the merchant company they're linked with, Vantiv. They were deceiving in the way they promoted what their fees would by not providing all the details and putting that out to an unsuspecting individual who is not familiar with all the terms that credit card merchant companies use. They promoted it as being 1.5% flat rate, which leads me to believe that's all I'm going to be charged. I asked if there were any other fees and they said "no". Thereafter, I found out that their rate is based on qualified and non-qualified rates. They determine what is qualified and what is not. I'm actually closer to paying a 2.75% rate. I'm going to be switching. I'm still going to have the POS Systems from POS Nation but I'm dropping the merchant company.

Despite the glitch, technical support from POS nation has been pretty good. I had a couple of problems. It took them a month or two to get things figured out but they've always responded. My only complaint with them was that they gave me an 800 number to call which was answered by an answering machine. Then, I'm left on hold anywhere from ten minutes to upwards of 30 minutes and never receive a callback. So, I stay on the line until someone answers. Alternatively, I can email them which seems to work best and I get faster responses that way.

Still, despite this issue, POS nation gets things fixed. They have a couple of guys who really worked hard and figured things out for me. Also, as far as pricing goes, I would have shopped around a bit more for pieces and parts of their system had I known better. Parts such as barcode scanners and pin card readers can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Cindy and for working with our Merchant Service team. We pride ourselves on providing a full POS solution and having a team to back it up. If you have any more concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was already familiar with POS Nation's system from a prior job and I just didn’t have to learn the system, so I wouldn’t have to learn whenever we’re starting up a new company here. I had a couple little glitches in the system and I had to reboot it a couple times. So, I talked to Spencer up there and he’s helping me through any kind of problems that I’ve had so far. Other than that, I’m just trying to learn the system ‘cause we have to grow. I like keeping up a little bit of an inventory. It’s probably more than I need since I don’t have a whole lot of stocks. But it’s doing what it needs to do.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I first started working with POS Nation in 2015. Their customer support over the past three years has been excellent. They're there when I need them and they're good on technical support too. The guy we work with directly is excellent as well. He’s very knowledgeable of their products and software, and he's always quick to give a callback. Not to mention, what they have works perfectly for my application. They’re set up in the gift shop. I have the CR engine in one location and then, I have the ePOS Now in one location and I’m getting to put it in two more locations.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review and dedication Craig! Our goal is to earn your business every day and I'm glad that we've been able to earn it every year as well!

Original review: April 29, 2018

We’ve had several issues with POS Nation trying to get the system to work for our needs. We’re a boys and girls club and we don’t sell products per se. We had to figure out how to put in transportation and things like that, that are like a monthly fee. And when it comes to our summer program we have a payment plan so we were trying to figure out how to put this into the system. We contacted them and they’ve always been very professional.

One of the tech support people I spoke with kind of walked me through the procedure of giving customer’s credit in the system and then how to apply payments towards that credit just so it wouldn’t show as a negative balance. And one of the things that they helped with was creating a little video of what they were doing on the screen and then sent that to me. So I would always have that to refer to.

But it seems like there’s a disconnect because if there’s something wrong with the hardware I have to call one company and if there’s something wrong with the software I have to call a different company. I’d rather have something that’s inclusive so there would just be one number to call if I had a problem instead of two different numbers. And then one of the other issues is as far as the backend on the reporting it’s not customizable. And I know that I’ve been told that they’re in the process of working on more customized reporting but it doesn’t work for us right now so that’s just kind of a major frustration. So make sure to do the research first and make sure the program is right for what you need it for. This ePOS program seems to be more figured for retail or a restaurant type of business and not that service type of business like we are. And see if you can get a demonstration first as well.

POS Nation response

Thank you for leaving your review Charles and we apologize for the confusion in regards to resolving your hardware and software situation. We're continuing to update and streamline our operations so confusions like this do not happen again. Our support team is always available if you have any more questions or concerns.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My long-time friend Peter has his own company and recommended POS Nation to us. He explained everything, and I trusted him because he got the knowledge about computer stuff and he's been doing this for a long time. Their sales team has been very cooperative. Every time I've had a question or needed help, they answered right away. They are really helping me a lot to start with my first own store.

We got the Cash Register Express system and the equipment is easy and user-friendly. Since we started in February 8th, I haven't encountered anything bad so far. Also, when it comes to the issues about my system, they have an easy way to call them. The way they deliver the explanation is very easy to understand and follow too. I have recommended POS Nation to someone and they have started now.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was searching for a software online. I was working with like a POS before. Then I wasn’t having every function up there so POS Nation's Cash Register Express has more effectivity in it. I had a couple of issues but then I called them and they were able to resolve it within a couple of minutes so they were helpful. The hardware is a little bit slow to start with because it freezes up twice a week or something if I don’t turn it off at night. In middle of a transaction it will just freeze up and then I have to reset the whole thing just to get going. The motherboard on there is only 1.8 or 2 something gigahertz and I think that’s really low to run a POS and other software on it working at the same time. Running 3 softwares a little bit slows it down. But it’s a more user friendly software than what I had before and that’s how you want it in a software. I don’t have to punch in everything if something is not showing up like buttons made up on the desk fan. That’s convenient because I don’t have to scan everything. I’ll recommend to other people.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I already purchased a POS system upfront and that ran me $1500. However, POS Nation offered me a layaway plan wherein I would pay $130 monthly. So, I chose that instead. The POS system which I have has a desktop screen with a drawer and card reader. It's one of the more popular types on the system. Furthermore, the space is alright. But, I don't like that it's hard to get someone to come out to the store. The only problem I ever had was that I was trying to get through to somebody at POS Nation yesterday and I wasn't able to get through to anyone. But, once I get through, whether UK or on the mainland, their representatives have been very patient. I really appreciate their time teaching me and walking me through the process. I'd definitely recommend POS nation.

Original review: April 14, 2018

POS Nation's upfront cost was low. However, I’ve had a lot of interactions with their team for when they first developed my software, it was done pretty poorly. They didn’t really unlock everything that I needed to be unlocked. But since I’ve brought that to their attention, I’ve received very good care from the company. I liked the ability to customize my software and overall, I’ve been very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had been looking at the software called pcAmerica Cash Register Express and there’s another one out there called LiquorPOS. Both were made by Heartland under pcAmerica and they put their training modules on YouTube. When I was looking things up, POS Nation seemed to come in all the time on YouTube and all the search results. But I ended up working with somebody else and my experience did not go so well so I gave a call to POS Nation. I figured that it wouldn’t hurt. The worst they could do was give me a ridiculous estimate. For $200 more, I ended up switching over to POS Nation for all my stores and I got a better product.

Cash Register Express has a little bit of flexibility on the end that no one’s saying that you can only use this or do that. You can run a liquor store and use that point of sale then go over to a tobacco store and still have the same elements. LiquorPOS does not have that flexibility. I have multiple stores and with Cash Register Express, my employees can work at different environments, under different businesses, because they don’t have to be cross-trained. They just know exactly how to use the software. Right now, we have 10 stores with POS Nation and the only difference is the business. As far as the computer system goes, it’s the same.

The touchscreen is the best part of the equipment. It's a lot quicker and the touch is just like an iPhone. My experience with the old one was pretty bad and most of the software is used by the touchscreen so it is a very important factor. I wish the process was a little bit better but I guess the more money you spend, the better they get. Other than that, I've had phenomenal support with POS Nation every time I’ve called in. They usually end up working with me and they show me around how to use the product. They answer more than what I need so I understand the concepts therefore I can play with it and understand how I wanna take it to the next level. I got screwed over at two stores but I worked with Spence and he did a great job. I also worked with Chip over at technical support and we ended up resolving all our issues.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am running a restaurant and I was looking for a point of sale system, its pricing and what it comes with. Most of the people suggested setting me up for a demo but I didn't have time to do demos on 20 different POS systems because I didn’t necessarily have to do that. I got all the information emailed to me and then I could follow that through with any questions. That was why I chose POS Nation. I was able to communicate with their salespeople and it was a straightforward interaction. I purchased pcAmerica Cash Register Express and I’m very happy with the service and the customer service.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Hope! We strive to provide a complete POS solution and even better support for our customers. We're always one call away, so don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions!

Original review: April 6, 2018

We have a friend that also owns a liquor store and he mentioned that POS Nation has the same register that we had originally, but ours was really old. He told us to upgrade with them, then I called and ordered their system. Everything was great. The only problem I’m having is after we installed it, it’s extremely slow. Every time call them, they see if there are any updates, but they don't really work. It’s at least an hour or two out of my time but it’s still not as fast as it should be. I only like the system ‘cause it’s the same as my previous one, so it’s easy for me to use.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Betty! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the current situation and working with us. If you're still having issues with the speed of your station, we'd be more than glad to have our support team reach out to resolve the issue.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was very pleased with my experience. All of the reps from POS Nation have been great and very helpful. I went with them as they sent me the equipment versus me using my own laptop. I got the computer with the cash box and the printer with the keypad ‘cause I can pay them by the month, and I like how it works with Intuit and I can keep up with my inventory.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I found POS Nation online and was interested because I had the old-style, typewriter-looking cash register at my small mom and pop store. I saw POS Nation's YouTube videos and liked it from thereon. The rep that I spoke to was really good. I got the barcode scanner, barcode printer, cash register drawer and the touchscreen. It’s a full-on computer. At first I didn’t like it because it seemed too complicated and I didn’t have time, so I started panicking. But then the technician made it really simple for me. I was afraid because I have a smokes shop with over 100,000 items, and I didn’t want to put all of them into the system. So I said I would need numbers and categories to pop up to see what I’m selling, like glass pipes, cigarettes, and cigars. Now I know what I'm selling when I close my register at the end of the day. I would know I’ve made $100 on water and $500 on cigarettes. I really like the system. It makes my life really easy.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had a business and went to Amazon and then I looked at POS Nation. I looked at their price and I liked it, and they had the most up to date software. I then got a cash register express. The service team was pretty good, and the technical support helped us all the time, too. I would recommend POS Nation.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The sales team was patient and we got the cash register express, the cash drawer, the monitor, the Mercury credit card and the Vantiv credit card. The equipment is compact and the features work pretty simple for my employees. The hardware and the software system have been reliable as well. I’m running it off of the wireless router and it’s functioned well just with that. But when you’re in a crisis, it's very slow to get support from POS Nation. The waiting times are very long and that has been disappointing. Once we get a hold of somebody though, it's good from that point forward. They’re just overrun with calls.

In the future though, we might take this single POS station that we have and go to a network where we have a master computer. It would be separate from the computer screen where people are checked out. I log in to look at the screens and check sales but right now, I wait until after hours in order to access the computer. What I do would be on the screen and everyone would be checking people out while I would be checking inventory. A standby server option would allow me to touch the data but not impact the screen. Intuit does that but their back room is not great. The POS Nation hardware is far superior to Intuit POS systems.

If there's one thing I would add, it would be a cash back option for tips. In restaurant service, you walk in and pay before you eat then they ask if you would like to add some cash back for tip then they put that on there. We don't have that capability and that would be awfully nice to have. We’re a retail bottle store and tasting room for hard spirits and liquor so when we give them six little half-out samples on a little plate, typically, customers want to leave a tip. And 80 percent of the sales were on credit card so they don’t have any cash to tip with. They feel bad and of course, it’s bad.

Also, if we would not get screwed on the Vantiv Mercury rates by going to a restaurant, that would be great. I have the credit card system with Elavon that allows me to do that and we’re not a restaurant. Having that cash back option upfront would be great and it would be nice if they could earn the money if customer wants to tip, but I don’t want to take my rate from 2.25 to 3.75 for that. That could be a big selling point for POS Nation in bar and liquor stores. There's a lot of potential in customer service-oriented businesses.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was researching Point of Sale systems on the computer since I have a small convenience store and I was trying to find something that fit my needs the best. POS Nation has the ability to split EBT from the rest of my food sales and I liked the reporting, the inventory tracking, and the employee tracking. I spoke with their rep Jennifer quite a bit until we got the point of sale in. And when I had some questions and needed to call back, their tech support was pretty good. They had been really quick to answer any questions. They helped me get it all together. So far, we're still trying to get the inventory in. Every now and then, you scan something and it says it's not in there. And it says if you want to add it and if you say no and scans it again, it finds it. There have been a couple of little things that needed to be worked out. But for the most part, we're doing pretty good with it. We just haven't put it into full production yet.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Paula and we're here to help you all the way through your installation process. If you have any more questions before opening day, our Technical Support team is here to help!

Original review: March 23, 2018

My sister Barb had POS Nation when she opened her restaurant in Puyallup. She did all the research for me and I went with who she thought was a good fit. I’m very happy with them so I’m glad that she picked POS Nation. We have the restaurant POS and it captures everything I need. All my payroll goes through it and it captures when I paid my employees. It’s very simple and easy. It’s a definite plus in my life.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My husband worked with POS in his previous place of employment and said it was the best option for us. We have the registry, the screen, the software, and receipt printer. I like the touch-screen functionality. It's great. The system could be faster but it's perfect. We had a few interactions with their team and they were all very helpful and quick.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Charlotte! We're proud of our team here at POS Nation and we'll be here if you ever have any questions or concerns!

Original review: March 18, 2018

One of the stores down the road from me had done business with POS Nation and liked them. I got online and started researching about them. I looked at the reviews and it seemed like they were pretty solid. So I thought I'd go with them. I dealt with Jennifer at the beginning and she was really helpful. She went to my office and got me well-informed about what I needed. I got the system that I wanted and we're still entering stuff into it and getting it up and running. But anytime I need anything, I give them a holler and they're answering it for me. I like their tech support which I got along in my package. Sometimes they got a wait time on their calls though I'm usually calling in the middle of the day when the demand is kind of high. But whenever I get a hold of them, they fix me up.

I have the Cash Register Express for the retail and it's been a good system so far. I have a convenience store, so it'd work good for me as the one that they recommended. I like the ease of operation of POS Nation's equipment. It's nice and simple. I'm not very techie and I was kind of taken back at first. But I knew I had to change over it because I was using cash registers and it was time to upgrade. So, it's been quite an experience but I'm glad I hooked up with them. I'd also tell others to give them a call and talk to one of their people there.

POS Nation response

Great review Dennis! We've been in business for 17 years, so we've gotten pretty good at helping business owners upgrade to full POS solutions. If you have any more questions about your system, our tech team will be right here to help!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Our POS Nation equipment is easy to use and to teach others how to use it. POS Nation's team has been helpful setting up the new Cash Register Express system that we have here. We got another system for one of the other companies here. I will recommend POS Nation.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I talked with the POS Nation sales team about some of the features of their system. And they seem to offer more than what we needed. We have the Cash Register Express. I like being able to do inventory with our equipment. My technical support guy, Ian, was wonderful. He had a good personality and he walked me through everything that I had questions on. He understood all my questions and he helped me. The only issue I have is I thought we were getting technical support for a year. And apparently, we're not. Still, I would recommend POS Nation to others. But I'd make sure that they knew they weren't getting their support for a year.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had old, regular cash registers and we needed to go to a more updated, computerized system. We heard good things about POS Nation. So, we decided to check in to it and the price quotes for the number of stations that we needed. We went online and ordered what we needed. And then we discussed with the sales team each particular item that we chose. We have tobacco stores. And the Cash Register Express best suited our needs. I’m still trying to get everything programmed. I have a partial spreadsheet and I’m having to individually input on all the information because I didn’t have access to anything that I could download automatically into the system. So, I’m still getting the system ready to go, but it’s almost there.

I always encounter something that I didn’t expect and I didn’t know how to do, and POS Nation has been really good in helping me with issues. I really appreciate the particular technical rep that I had, Ian. He did a really good job. And if I run into any future problems, he offered me assistance. If anyone would ask, I'd tell them that the POS Nation system works and it covers most of the options and things that one needs to cover. When they get into a generic software system, they always run into issues that are specific to their type of business. So, they have to be aware that they may need to take a look at this because it is going to crop up in the future.

POS Nation response

Thank you Donna for your wonderful review! We're really proud of our tech team and the resource they are for our customers. If you have any more questions about your system, we'll be right here to help.

POS Nation expert review by ConsumerAffairs

POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as needed and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide both full service packages, solely software and everything in between.

• Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.

• Ease of Process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.

• Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
How does POS Nation measure success?
We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information