About POS Nation
POS Nation recognizes that retail store owners need a point of sale specifically tailored to their unique businesses. That's why we sell more than POS systems, we offer a complete point of sale solution to streamline your business.
We support businesses with a turnkey solution so you can access the hardware, software, and payment processing needed to build and manage a successful business.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,848,480 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
This system sounded really good before I bought it. But it is a very slow and cumbersome to operate. Definitely not the right fit for our small retail store. Very disappointed. And they will not refund my money. Please be aware before you buy it to ask if you can try it for 30 days free.
My 7 year older system worked 10x better and faster than this upgraded system / solution. So much service and support was promised when the purchase was made... We have reached out to various teams at POS Nation "numerous times" over 6-8 months (Sales, services, Tech Support, and Management) but no one to the rescue... We are also paying dearly for monthly support and now my business is starting to take a toll due to a very slow and unreliable POS system. Lots of customer complains and employee frustration! This company need to deliver on promises and have some ownership and accountability.
2. Credit card processing is very slow and at times takes more than a minutes to process the transaction! (Lose customers & employee frustration)
3. When a new item is entered in the system, we are able to print the label with the correct price. This price changes in the system overnight. (Margin loss)
4. The cost tab has been frozen and has to rely on average item cost. Per technical support, this is because of some back office software. No solution to fix! (Margin loss)
We used to have an old POS system and we upgraded to new computers last year. But these new computers are slower than our old system.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Terrible sales team they promise the world till you signup. they don't tell you support is extra, backup is extra. Horrific and slow software and non-reliable hardware very slow system! The system was sold is very old to today standards. It's a lie. The features discussed during phone calls and via email did not match the actual system. They sell some cheap junk from China. Then the software shows error and froze both of my POS systems on numerous occasions. Instead of resolving the issue brought on by their upgrade, they asked me sign up for monthly service or pay $239 dollars. Definitely not for liquor store... I will cancel after the new year.
The issues listed have been fully resolved. I appreciate POS Nation taking the initiative to reach out and fix and resolve all the issues.
Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware! The system was sold on a lie. The features discussed during phone calls and via email did not match the actual system. They tried blaming the initial issues on the credit processing company but later learned that their software was not compatible when accepting EBT cash. Then the software upgrade (May 29, 2021) began showing the same error and froze both of my POS systems on numerous occasions. Instead of resolving the issue brought on by their upgrade, they asked me sign up for monthly service or pay $239 dollars.
Their keyboard has a mind of its own. At times the CAP lock is activated or the number lock. Their scanners are worthless. I'm being charged $200+ dollars for a wireless scanner that is available on Amazon for $100 dollars. Scanner reviews on Amazon clearly show that no one invested any time conducting a thorough research.
Lastly, it’s missing the automated decimal point and the change due does not disappear automatically when initiating a new transaction. Instead of helping resolve their software/hardware issues I received an email from Will that they are cancelling my software service. I emailed my concerns to Cort, CEO, but yet to receive any response.
Purchased POS Nation software, they were great to deal with at the beginning, but shortly after my 30-day trial I didn't care for the system, I couldn't get any help support. They were starting to ignore my calls and emails. I decided to switch to a different system and they wouldn't refund any of it. Now I have a crappy computer I can't use for anything but a desk ornament. Would recommend using Retail Management Hero instead. Far better system, layout is nicer and they actually have trained staff to show you have the system works.
The company reached out to me and was very nice and willing to resolve my issues. They really stood behind their product.
They promised the world and delivered nothing. They said the system comes with unlimited training during business hours but that is not true. The training you can sign up for is scheduled 2 weeks out every time you sign up for it. Missed and late calls when they do try to train you. Not worth the money or time.
Talked to Brad, he was quick and had plenty of knowledge about where to go. He printed my codes and had me scan them, finally the scanning gun started working. To be that late on a Friday I was having doubts, but it's running good and now I'm able to use this register! Crown Liquor Store thanks you!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with Brad, and that he represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!
I am from MK Market and I had Ian for my install and tech support. He is a genius and very kind. He takes his time, explains everything and knows what he is doing. I always request to have him when I need anything because good service is everything!!!! Thanks Ian!!
Thank you for your feedback regarding your customer success manager, Ian! We think he is pretty great, too!
We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.
I had a old very old system. I chose POS Nation. I have a small store and it is perfect for it. They transferred all my inventory for me and helped me set it up. I'm still getting use to it. Getting use to their reports and whatnot.
Very well, nice and so smart at what they doing. Good staff. Ian help me on my new setup so much where he explains me everything. Also their POS system is very very helpful just like their staff. Love it.
POS Nation author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
POS Nation offers an a la carte approach to POS systems. Buy as much or as little equipment as you need, and get as much or as little installation assistance as required. Customer-driven, they provide full-service packages and standalone software.
POS Nation support: Standard care is free with all system purchases and includes break-fix support, online training videos and a 2-year hardware warranty. Call standard care support Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm EST. Additional monthly support starts at $39.99/month and includes 24/7 support access, unlimited one-on-one training, inventory report, virus removal and system restore.
Niche friendly: POS Nation specializes in working with small businesses and has a large variety of bundles designed to work with a range of different retail and restaurant industry verticals.
POS Nation pricing: Pricing starts at $119/mo if you want to pay monthly for the hardware and software. Own the hardware and pay monthly for the software for an additional upfront cost of $1,499 plus $69/mo. Own the hardware and software for an upfront cost of $2,249 with no additional fees or payments. Pricing is based on a standard retail POS system bundle, which includes a touch PC, receipt printer, scanner, cash drawer and retail POS software license. Add additional equipment as you need it.
Ease of process: Customers are assigned an implementation specialist to help them setup their system and input their inventory. Implementation specialists offer one-on-one training classes for customers and their employees to make implementing the POS system as easy as possible.
Bundles: POS Nation sells both bundles and individual point of sale hardware components. Because POS Nation offers a variety of hardware options, a checklist is a good idea when putting together a system.
POS Nation questions and answers
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
- We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
- How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
- A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
- What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
- What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
- POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
- What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
- There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
- How does POS Nation measure success?
- We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
- Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
- How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.
POS Nation Company Information
- Company Name:
- POS Nation
- Year Founded:
- 3021-B Griffith St.
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.