toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

POS Nation

Thank you so much for the kind words and we're so glad we've been able to exceed your expectations Patty. Our team prides themselves on providing the absolute best customer experience, and we couldn't be happier that you chose us.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I cannot say enough great things about the customer service I have received from POS Nation. I generally do not post reviews, because I honestly do not have the time. However, I could not in good conscience, leave this unsaid: The response time is remarkable. These people know their stuff. Even after hours, emails are monitored and a brilliant staff is right there to provide top notch support. I admit, I have my go-to people who get me up and running, and although I selfishly hesitate to name them (because they are MY people) Duane, Dan, Natasha, and Samantha allow me to sleep really well at night. I spent a great deal of time researching what to buy and who to buy it from. You hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I have to say that this is by far one of my best buying decisions ever. :)

POS Nation

Thank you Gary for feedback. We believe in working on a personal level because every one of our customers are unique to themselves. Any questions you may have in the future, we'd love to answer them for you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I did some research on the internet and I went to the POS Nation website and saw videos of people that use the system. It's more user-friendly than what I previously had. It does everything I needed to do as far as tracking inventory, reorder points, cash ups, and the credit cards are integrated into the system. I dealt with Ryan and everything went great. He was very helpful. Every time I needed something, I called, he talked to me, and walked me through anything. Their service tech department is the same way. I had questions on how different things work, and they were always right there and answered my question every time. They didn't put me on hold or told me they'll call me back. They answered my questions right away. So far, I'm very satisfied with them.

Jennifer from POS called and I liked what she had to say. She was a really nice salesperson, friendly, knowledgeable about their product, but wasn't overly pushy on anything. I got the POS-X with cash register express on it which she really sold by her knowledge of it, telling me which one is good depending on my price range. I have been burned in the past with Harbortouch and their system turning out to be a piece of junk. But for this one, I got what Jennifer recommended after I told her what store I have and what was needed.

The POS technical support team is very friendly and responsive. They're a bit smarter than me though, so sometimes they don't understand what I'm saying because I'm not saying it in nerd term. So I tell their technicians that they gotta talk in normal speed, not nerd language. They laugh and explain it in a different way. Jennifer has also been completely awesome during some of these situations. She answers the phone or calls me right back. She was very pleasant to speak to. I also email her most of the time and she'd reply within five to ten minutes. She is right on the ball.

Systems are all working pretty good as of now. There are a few things I wish could be changed. My vendors aren't nerds or aren't the smartest tools in the shed, and they sometimes screw up my orders because they're so much on a purchase order that they end up looking at the wrong number. I wish I could simplify the purchase orders as there are so much columns right now and the vendors end up looking at the wrong one. All of my vendors have done that mistake: Dr. Pepper, Budweiser, etc. Each one of them has done something different, and it's just because they look at the wrong column. However I can't rid of the other columns since it's part of the programming. The vendors mess it up even more when it's printed because it prints out funny.

Nevertheless after a couple of weeks of me looking at it, I had it figured out and I don't mess up the columns anymore. My vendors however got hundreds of accounts they go into every week, so they can't remember my account from week to week. Vendors like Budweiser also change employees often so about every other month, I'm training a new vendor. Every time I get a new vendor I prepare myself that they're gonna screw up the delivery. But that's really my only complaint about the POS. I wish we could change the reports a little bit, instead of having them fixed in the system. Still, I would recommend this company.

POS Nation

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on our diverse knowledge in several industries, that way we can best match each customer with the right POS system solution. Any further questions or curiosities you may have, we'd be more than happy to answer.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I needed a better person to do business with and I called another dealer and he recommended POS to me. I worked with Spencer who did a good job with customer service and convinced me that their company was the right company to deal with. Any time we needed anything, they were there for us. And their pricing was excellent. Their sales team was wonderful. They understood what I was trying to do and they didn’t make us feel like we were stupid or immature. I purchased their cloud software because we have multi-stores and we needed some type of multi-store communication and was able to get it from that. I like its ease of operation and the ability to do multi-store operations.

We liked the affordability of POS Nation and for the price, we thought we were still getting a fully functional system that's a little more old school. We did a bunch of research online, got a list of questions, called them and asked our questions. They went through it and responded timely and well. We did that quite a while and got the bullet. We have the Cash Register Express as it seemed to fit our business the best. It was what we wanted from them and from the reviews online, the only negative aspect was working with their technical support and POS Nation handles that part, so it seemed like a win-win. Also, I like the app. It rings up my products and keeps track of everything. It has been an efficient, functional and courteous experience with them. And so far, they seem to be doing all right.

POS Nation was already established in the business when I started my employment. So far, all the interactions were quick with quick responses and answers. Then we were out of compliance, so we upgraded the system and had the technical support with the installation. I like the equipment's capabilities and it's been an excellent service.

Someone at Staples recommended POS Nation to us a long time ago and we've been using them for close to 10 years now for our small business. We have always been using a POS System. We even have their card readers. It is simple and easy to use and it was what we knew. We always use it and we're happy with it. We just figured it was time to update the whole system. They took care of us the first time so we figured it'd be all right to use their system again.

We got two new monitors, computer, touch screen, deals and whole new software. It's pretty interactive. We can have some items on the screen and instead of typing it in or scanning it, we can press the screen and have different colors for the icons that's helpful for us with the different tapes we have. Just tap the screen a couple times and we get a whole list of products that a customer is getting. That's pretty easy and quick. We're starting to get used to it compared to our old system. We recommended the system to other small businesses.

Moreover, the reps have been more than helpful for us. We had a bunch of questions and we were doing it all wrong. They took over our computers and set it up for us. There's also a couple of things we'd like to change or we'd like if we have an option. We're not too computer savvy so we talked to them about minor things like on tax exempt items and items that are taxed, and putting payments in for people's accounts. We'd have a whole bill rung out for somebody then half the stuff on there was supposed to be tax free and we can't get in and change that. We'd have to delete the bill, put it in the stuff that does get tagged and after that we have to tax exempt additional items. It's not a big deal and we just have to be careful with one thing viewing up first but it'd be nice to choose individual items to be taxed or tax free.

POS Nation was introduced to us by Hartland. Also, the software POS Nation is using is a software that I’ve been using for the last 10 years or more when it was pcAmerica that's why I went with them over other POS systems.

Moreover, they’ve got the equipment which I could have bought possibly a lot cheaper from eBay but it’s the warranty and it’s the fact that they helped me out at the beginning with little stuff like that. They pretty much said they were gonna get the equipment out and they did it on time. But I’m still not understanding whether I have any warranty on technical support because they wanna charge for everything. I wish I had a full one-year warranty completely on everything including the software where I wouldn't have to worry. It seems that their equipment is warrantied, but their software isn’t and I might run into problems with the software which is possible because it’s one of those things in life that changes or it might have a glitch or you turned it off improperly.

I own a computer company many years ago so I’m familiar with the hardware, but the software is something that I don’t do on a constant basis. Although I’m familiar with this point of sale software and I understand it enough to get in and out of trouble, that doesn’t mean I know everything about it like certain tricks of the trade and everything is constantly being upgraded, changing a little bit and evolving. But other than that, I don’t have anything negative to say about it. I had one small issue but they resolved it on time and they were here within the first 30 days. So, I am very satisfied with them and everything is working fine. I would recommend them to other people because it is a good company and I haven't had any issues with them.

We had the Clover System in Wells Fargo bank and they were absolutely incompetent. And so, when we started our food truck, I needed somebody professional so we chose POS Nation. They came on site and set everything up for us. There's a young fellow over there named Ryan whom we fell in love with. He ripped it and was so on point. We use their equipment for credit cards, paying our sales tax and for time clocking. I’m five miles away from them so if I got any problems, I’ll pull the truck in there and they come out. They are fantastic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

We were looking for a new register system and we contacted some of our other Habitat stores to see what they were using. The Charlotte store had been satisfied with what they got from POS Nation. They were local and we decided to try them out. We use their equipment as a cash register and I like that it's easy to utilize. So far, everything’s been fine. Any time that we’ve had a question they’ve been able to answer it and help us fine. We’ve been very satisfied.

POS Nation's information and website were a little more in depth than other companies and they also had some decent reviews. I purchased the software Aldelo and got a couple of the touch screens, a kitchen screen, printers, my office computer, credit card and tools. They had a pre-loaded software for my business and all I had to do was have them load in my menu. I really like the ease of use. While I've had some issues with not knowing how to do a few things, they walked me through it to log-in to the system. They're very good and they know their product well. If the person on the phone doesn't know, he'll find somebody who does. They were very quick to get back to me with anything I needed. If I had a question about this or that, they answered it quickly. Those guys are a God send. It's been a pretty good experience and when I open a second store, I'm going to use them again.

We got POS Nation's point of sale system due to their description of the fact that it was simple and their response to customers. Their customer service representatives are on the east coast and we're on the west coast so there is a time lag but that's the only downside because they've been very responsive. It was the first time we were using the system and our volunteers have been able to use the equipment simply.

POS Nation

Thank you for the positive review Hulver! We're glad we could meet all your needs. Feel free to reach out if you need help with anything else.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

POS Nation's sales team were really friendly and helpful. There weren't many options for software but I chose whatever was going to be easier and faster for me to work with. Working with their technical support team have also been good and I'm very satisfied with the equipment. It helps me keep track of my sales for the day.

POS Nation

Thank you for the review Zee. If you need help setting up your scales, we have technicians trained to do just that. Our technicians can be reached at 888-851-6536.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I got a supermarket system from POS Nation and it's good. But I can’t seem to program my scales that give me a barcode in the meat department and we need to set it up so when the scale prints out, it comes up like 99¢ to the pound for chicken legs. Right now I got to punch it in when anybody orders chicken or meat.

POS Nation seemed good when I saw them online through YouTube and their website. Their equipment and its price-point are very good and the touchscreen is very responsive, though the software is not that good. But whenever I call them, I'd get a prompt response and they're able to help me. They will look into it and are willing to find a solution.

I purchased their Cash Register Express software because I read something on their profile and saw that they looked very professional. They’ve met my expectation and I’ve used the software before. It is easy to use and I'm able to get the register to my liking. It's easy to customize the features in the system. I’ve called their technical support team several times because several problems always arise and they answered the questions. They have been able to fix all my problems and they've done a good job.

POS Nation

Thank you Sunny for your review! Our goal is to earn your business everyday.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

After talking to the POS Nation sales rep, I decided to purchase a Cash Register Express from them. I was using the same kind, but the company I bought it from sold me everything downgraded, and the system crashed all the time. A couple of days ago when the transformation was done from the old to the new system, I had to call POS Nation, and they resolved most of the issues in an immediate time. So far, our POS equipment is running perfectly, and I've already referred a few more people to them.

POS Nation is located close to us in North Carolina, so we decided to purchase the Cash Register Express from them, and the salespeople have been great. The training has been great as well, and I like that the equipment is easy to use. There is downfall with them, though. When I didn't do POS, I was told that they integrated with QuickBooks. But I've been with them since September and we’re still not integrating. So, I'm duplicating my work.

POS Nation

We're glad we've been able to meet your needs Mike! Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or needs.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We've used Cash Register Express before, but we’ve got another store so we bought another one from POS. The latter has always been able to solve any issues that we've had, and they're easy to work with. We also appreciate the fact that all their tech support is based here in the States.

POS Nation seemed to meet my needs based on the way the sales person interacted with me. I went with it because of that and its cost. We got their whole POS system for a retail store and it's simple to use. They've always been very responsive and quick to answer my questions via email. However, I'm not fully happy with their tech support because one person, in particular, was too fast and hard for me to understand when I was asking a question about how to do something. Then one of my employees also called and was put on hold, which I don't really like. Though there were a couple of tech support who were very helpful.

I purchased the cash register and print from POS Nation. I also ordered all the hardware - barcode printer, the credit card system and the labels. The sales representative has been outstanding. His name is Ryan and he was interested and answered all of my questions. He stayed in contact with me while I was looking at other options, and he's still in contact with me. He's the one who sold the product and services to me and he's done an excellent job.

I've had a problem with the barcode printer but they're supposed to be resolving that through pcAmerica who was not updating their software the way they should. And that's no fault of POS Nation. But, I like the fact that it was already setup and ready to go, and their customer support has been excellent too. I have had a POS system with cash register express, so I'm very familiar with the system and I do know whether or not their customer service and their tech support are good. I have recommended POS to other people.

We were trying to open a new store and I was checking out all POS system online. I checked POS Nation and I liked it. I tell their staff what I needed and they have everything. The system is nice and easy to take care of the customers. It's also easy to take out the report from it and do the inventory.

POS is one of the better companies that I've dealt with. The software we got was Cash Register Express while the system we got was an all-in-one terminal. The system was a big space saver because it's all-in-one and there's no live desktop monitor. It's just one machine and it fit best with our register stand. It's touchscreen so it's fast and definitely easy to use. We just upgraded our software and they’ve added a couple of new features, so it's always adapting and evolving.

The POS technical support really does their best to help solve problems. I call them often so I know their procedure now. They make it pretty simple. Normally, they just take control of my computer and will do their own digging to try to figure out what's wrong, rather than have me click through a bunch of options, which I really like. They also do their best to return my calls. If they are busy or it's something above their clearance, they'll do their best to get somebody at a higher status to respond back to my request. They cater to what I need and try their best to answer questions. They also make sure I'm not waiting too long on hold. I know pretty much most of the techs now from all the times we've called. I'm with a smaller company but they still do their job and make sure everything's running smoothly.

My boss was looking for cash registers on the internet and other companies' prices didn't compare with that of POS Nation. Jennifer, Natasha and Ian are amazing. Jennifer is the one I ordered everything with, Natasha did the shipping and scheduled my training, and Ian is my trainer. He's good and the company definitely needs to keep him around.

We have the Cash Register Express and I'm finding it easy to use once I've learned how to do so. My boss told them that we have a full-service grocery store and that we needed four check-out lanes and customer service and back office computer. What we got was what they told would be best for us and it seems perfect so far. I would absolutely recommend POS Nation. They were very easy to deal with and have answered our questions perfectly.

POS Nation

Thank you for your honest review Maria. Our goal is to match our customers with the perfect system for their business and our technicians are trained to setup and teach each customer on how to use their system. Please give your technical helpdesk so we can resolve your issues.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I saw POS Nation online and their video on YouTube. And I thought that it was really what we needed. We got a Cash Register Express because they said it was the best fit for our grocery store. But the program is so complicated to use. It wasn't installed correctly. None of the programs are installed. The second computer is not completely installed. The EBT machine and credit card haven't been working. The training that they gave us was only one hour each day and I only called in three days. I don't fully know how to call the system. When I call the technical support team, they don't have the answers. I'm not happy with it at all. The whole experience has been bad. It's been about a month that I have the service and haven't been able to fully use it. It's not what it showed on the video and how it facilitates everything. It's just 10 times harder.

My registering system was slow at the time so I was looking for new one, and by searching around I found POS Nation. I got four systems from them as well as the CRE, cash register and the software. What I like is that my equipment is newer and faster than the old one, and each of them is connecting and talking to each other so I don't need to put prices on each system. Jennifer was the one who set it up for me and Natasha helped on all those technical help. Their tech, Ian, did all four systems set up for me. Whenever I call, there's no problem for me and they're always friendly and helpful. The equipment, delivery and set up are very fast too. They delivered everything within 10 days for me. There's only one issue which they couldn't solve and they haven't got back to me yet, but overall they're a good company and they have a good choice of people. They were also the cheapest among all the other companies.

My experience with POS Nation has been great so far and I'm very happy with their product and their support. Their cost was better than others, too. Anybody I've talked to from there has been very helpful, nice and friendly. Their software was the best fit for us and it's easy to use.

The sales representative sent me the program and it sounded like what I wanted to do. I deal with a T-shirt business and I had a point of sale but they don’t have enough to offer. Since I wanted to put all of my T-shirts and colors in one place and keep up with my stock a little bit better, I went to POS Nation. I got their cash register, too since I don’t really need a big software for my business. But they don’t have a site with my prices, and I really need that detail. I also want to integrate it with QuickBooks because that’s the program I use. But I like that I could choose from what I wanted if I do a sale. The program is flawed but I like it.

I had a good dealing with POS Nation when I call. The only complaint with the program is my serial number. I have to keep resetting it. In fact, right now, I have to reset it. We got a sign come up there saying that, “Register now or register later.” When I go to register, it’s already registered. So I'm gonna call them back next week because I need to get my QuickBooks tied into it. But other than that, I don’t have any problem with it. It’s there for me. And I appreciate their video showing me what to do and how to do it. Everything was good with that. When I call them, they are able to help me, and tell me what I have to do. They would call me back if customer service had to go somewhere. They’re real courteous if I had to leave a phone number. I know I can call them and they’d be nice and helpful.

I was looking for a POS register and the price everywhere and I found that POS Nation's price was all right. I got a cash register for a liquor store and the sales team helped me well. I like that the equipment is a touchscreen.

POS Nation has an easy program to learn and use. Their Cash Register Express is also user-friendly. In addition, when we had a freeze-up one time and called their tech support, they helped us through it.

We got the Cash Register Express from POS Nation. Having to try to learn a bunch of different things wasn't something we were looking for. All of this was already set up. Once we plugged it in we simply made a phone call and they walked us through inputting all of our inventory and tracking all of it. It took less than three days of setting everything up which was very simple. Three days may sound like a long time but not when I’m trying to familiarize myself. And we've had three employees that it took an hour or less to train them.

When I spoke with the POS Nation sales rep, he knew his product more than a lot of others. He knew exactly what we wanted and catered to exactly what we were looking for. He went through the ins and outs. There were some limitations to what he was offering but he didn't hide that. We spoke about all the issues and he did a good job of explaining everything. The selling point was the ability of having customer service 24/7 and knowing that we were speaking to someone that knew, not a call center where I can't understand half of what was being said. And if we ever have an issue, they could handle it and that has been the case since we've had it. A lot of times people buy programs and it's not what they're looking for and by that time it's too late. It’s important to have a rep, a physical person that I can count on and talk to if there's an issue. That was a big selling point for us.

I like the POS Nation system's ability to track and input inventory easily and its functionality is not difficult. The icons are easy to follow and it walks me through my sale. It's been extremely reliable; we've been able to do everything we wanted to with it. Plus the interactions with customer service have been great. We had an issue but we were still able to track our inventory because of customer service helping to get through that challenge.

We were looking for a vendor who is in the Charlotte area. We brought our business to POS Nation because of their staff's knowledge and they were very kind and not pushy. This software is user-friendly, very quick to set up and there was someone who supported in the Charlotte area. The other people that we had checked with, their software was comparable but in the end, it was all about the customer support.

Their sales team got everything I needed quickly. We ordered the Kitchen Printers and the full POS Software with the actual card reader for the restaurant. We met with the customer support and the ones that I have talked to have been very knowledgeable. We had a guy come out one day and stayed with us all day and set up the equipment in the restaurant. He did a very good job. I'm the director of IT and I handle the masonry company and then we also own the restaurant as well. From my stand point on it, I like that the girls are not having to call me daily with issues. So if they're not calling me then that means that it must be fairly simple to use.

We had a five-year-old outdated hardware POS, and it was through First Data which was our processor. Then, we ended up on a lease and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to go to, so by the time I finished the lease, which was three years, we kept it at almost two more. I had $11,000 in it and POS Nation's equipment was smaller and more compact. The old one was so bulky. Plus, we already were familiar with all the other stuff since it was the same software we were currently using. They'll also be able to do a web portal, I'll be able to pay for that, and be able to access it from home.

I also like the new chip reader. The old company wouldn’t upgrade us with the cheap reader. When I switched, I didn’t just switch with the hardware, I switched with my processor, too. It was stressful trying to do the little on-screen keyboard, so we got a wireless keyboard. We use that instead, and it helps a bunch. They’re not that expensive to add, too. For the most part, POS Nation helped us with a lot of different things. There was a little confusion once or twice, but it panned out. Overall, I'm pretty happy. I already have somebody in mind that is still doing everything by hand, and I said I’d really need to talk them into it. This would help them so much on everything.

My accountant who purchased the system from POS Nation did a bunch of research and talked to another customer. We’re a café and a grocery store and POS’ system was the most accurate as far as inventory recording and was the best fit. We purchased an inventory gun, a beaver printer, a whole new cash register system, and our kitchen printer. We actually don’t have the system fully hooked up yet but we're very happy so far. There's a lot of ins and outs of it that I still haven’t gotten into but I’ll know a little bit more when we’re gonna go live with it next week. It’s really easy to use once we get used to it.

The sales reps were wonderful, super helpful, and on time about everything. They say they’re gonna call us back and they always do. I had some training, too, and our training guy was awesome. I called the technical support team to see if I could get an extra printer and they also told me about some other things that might make my job a little bit easier like a tablet and a receipt printer from my front desk which I'm working on buying also.

Question and Answers - POS Nation

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?

We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.

How has POS Nation grown or evolved?

A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.

What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.

What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?

POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.

What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?

There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.

How does POS Nation measure success?

We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?

Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.

How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Profile