4.41/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

POS Nation offers point of sale systems personalized for your business needs. With their tailored approach you’ll know your system will meet all of your requirements. You’ll be able to choose the hardware, software and service that will make POS Nation the perfect fit.

Merchants from over 5,000 types of businesses use POS Nation. Call them today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

125 POS Nation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have a shipping company and I needed a system that I can create or modify what’s already there. POS Nation has a software that seems user-friendly. They have the scanners to generate the barcodes in the system and the reporting tool for tracking the sales for the day. Plus it’s a flexible software that I can use when we input products of our company which I had difficulty finding. Their sales team helped me find whatever I needed. For the most part, they're always available if I had any questions or concerns. I could email or call them. I got the Retail POS System and I liked that it is easy to use. The technical support was able to work through when we had some issues. I liked that the system suits my needs, but it's not the most efficient.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We're in the process of setting up our POS Nation. We were supposed to have someone come out yesterday but we've been having a really hard time getting in touch with him. We got a cash register and it's a simple machine to run. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I needed a POS system so I did an online search and found POS Nation, I emailed them and they contacted me back. My brother had the Aldelo 2 station before in his own restaurant and I liked it, and now that I opened my own in a different city, I purchased the same system. I already knew how it works and it was easy to use. Everybody was helpful all the time and whenever I had problems, I didn't have to wait a long time. So far, the customer service, the system itself and the software were great. I would recommend them to my sister and my cousin if they need to open another restaurant.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My chef selected POS Nation and I'm not happy with it. The Aldelo is not user-friendly and it's got a lot of bugs in it. It keeps locked up all the time. Last night, it locked out my Mercer account and I couldn't close it out. So I had to call tech support this morning. This has been about the 20th time I've called them already. It’s not a good software and I don’t like it. Also, they need to get some more people hired. When I called, they took e a message and I waited an hour last night for somebody to call me back. They never called me back so I had to go home. I called this morning and they got it fixed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had pcAmerica. I matched up what POS Nation told me would work with that system. I told them what I had and I gave them all of the specs on it and they said that it was fine, it would work. It turned out that none of it was true. After I got it, it was just one little thing after another until it added up to be just a whole lot more money. They said, "That's not the right enterprise system and that's not the right drawer. That's not the right printer.” The system won’t work. What I have isn't compatible with anything else. We’ve got to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. They said that the specs on the model that I had are not compatible with the newer system. But they had the information on the newer system and the older system before we got started.

I'm not happy with POS Nation. We've had to use their team so much in two months. It's unbelievable. We've had to call and call and call. It's been an excruciating process. I'm 67, I've run car dealerships, I've sold dictation equipment, I've sold word-processing equipment, I've sold coffee and tea products. I've done an awful lot of things. But this is the worst experience I've ever had with any product I've ever purchased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POS Nation?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We have POS Nation's CRE for three months now. The system works, it's user-friendly and I'm satisfied with it. Their customer service is very friendly and knowledgeable, but it's tough to get them on the phone, which is frustrating. Most of the time when you go to customer support they'd say, "We'll take a message and call you back." And then, sometimes, it’s like an hour. So, my fear is if something goes wrong and we're sideways, then we're in trouble.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I am the owner of a new shop and decided that a POS system was the way to go. After doing research and demos with other POS providers, I found POS Nation to be the best fit for my needs. Their system looked easy to use, clean and had the features I was looking for. Through the setup process, I was able to call and talk with someone almost immediately and everyone I spoke with was very helpful. Throughout my experience with POS Nation, I know I made the right choice for my business! I would HIGHLY recommend POS Nation to anyone starting a new business or looking for a POS system for their existing business, it just makes sense!

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Tracy! We're glad we've been able to make switching to a POS solution an easy and seamless transition.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

At first, I was a little nervous about POS Nation's equipment because the rep went over so much in our first training session. Also, trying to go to our daily operations and learning it all at the same time was a little overwhelming. They were also slowly making changes in the menu to our liking so it was a process. But now, we got it down and I really like it. Everything works very well for us.

The tech support has been very wonderful, especially compared to our last system in which the tech support did not know anything. With our previous POS system, I would call them and by the time I got the phone call, I would figure out the problem myself because they had no idea what was going on. But with POS Nation, everyone I’ve talked to through their tech support has been very knowledgeable and 99% of the time fixed my problem right away. There’s not a couple of days that they’ve had to get back to me and look at the stuff. They’ve been very helpful and made me feel very comfortable with them explaining it to me on how to do it. I’ve been very impressed with them. So far, everything has been great.

POS Nation response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Krissy! We're very proud of our tech team here and focus every day on earning your business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The POS Nation software met our needs and it was the same software that the company we know uses. They seemed to be competent and had a good price. It took about an hour and a half long for the online demonstration and all our questions were answered. Their online appointment support was good that I always get my questions answered in my email but the call-in service is pretty bad just because the wait time is too long. Nevertheless, we purchased the cash register express and we’ll buy from POS Nation again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was putting the cash register aspects point of sale and I watched the explanation on YouTube how the system works and what functions are missing. POS Nation had a YouTube demo and the girl left a number on the bottom for questions. So I said, "Okay, you know it doesn't hurt to call them. Let's try.” I called POS Nation and told them that I was a first-time customer and I had a question. I also informed them that I was with another company and asked them what to do since my computer was down. They told me, “Yeah, there's no problem. You're most welcome, we will help you." The rep who answered the phone explained and he was very helpful. He said, "Let me just transfer you to this sales department, to the brand." He also said, "You know it takes five to ten business days to get the new equipment. And when you get that, just call us so we'll go forward from there".

I tried to fix the computer but the computer was not fixable so they sold me the new equipment with the touchscreen monitor including the POS-X. We had issues backing up so I sent them my hard drive and they helped me. The techs were very nice and very helpful. They helped me fix my issues. I was jammed and they helped me to keep it going. I never had the same experience with the other company that just sells you more. POS Nation told me that I had a good system. And whatever they say is exactly what it is. They made sure everything works. If anybody asks me about POS, I would definitely recommend them. They help you and try to fix issues, not to upsell you more. The credit card they have was great, as wells as the processor. They're a very good company. They will give you right device and they'll advise you what’s perfect for your business. And they also have good tech support in the US.

POS Nation response

Thank you for the review Sheban! We pride ourselves on creating valuable content and we're glad we were able to help you find the right POS system for your business.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

POS Nation fits my build and it’s what I was looking for so that's why I bid off on it and bought the cash register express software. It had a lot of features and I’ve recommended them to a friend. I was looking for a touchscreen and it had the 2D scan I wanted so I could do a nice cash flow and there was a label printer which was already integrated and tested with it so the pieces matched together and worked well with the software. I give kudos to the tech support, Ian, who took care of us. And to the salesman, Ryan, for not being there but took care of me as well.

I didn’t like that there were high volume calls and we’re on with limited number as far as who's available to take your call-in tech support. But my strongest complaint was having to deal with UPS in giving me my product. They said it was because of the hurricane but the product was ordered before the hurricane and it was sent all over through South Carolina to Tennesse back to Georgia back to North Carolina.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've owned my business for 10 years. I originally started with a POS Nation system (Cash Register Express). The system worked great for me and the guys over there (who are tech geniuses by the way) helped me convert a bunch of jumbled data into a file that we could easily import into the POS. Anyway after using this system for about 5 years it was time to upgrade. I was approached by a local POS company and they convinced me that their system would work great for us and do everything our current POS did and more. What a mistake this was.

The POS system they sold me was a JOKE! It couldn't do half the things my original system could do. Long story short I returned it (after a court battle) and went back to POS Nation for a new system. It's awesome, easy and works flawless. I should have never switched! Fast forward to a couple years later: I just called POS Nation for a little issue I had with a printer update. My service contract was expired but the guy still took the time to call me back and tell me the quick fix - and I'm telling you right now NOBODY does that in the POS world. Buying a POS is scary - it's real hard to know what you're getting and to be sure it's going to work for you - I'm telling you to look no further - I already learned the hard way for you! POS Nation is where it's at!

POS Nation response

George, you rock! Thank you for your fantastic review! It means a lot to us that we have been able to earn your business and we promise to continue providing the service you deserve and expect.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

POS Nation was highly recommended by our security technician. We purchased a Cash Register Express from them and their equipment is easy to operate and it took care of all of my inventory. Their sales team always helped me out as well. However, it was not always good. Sometimes I was on the phone for long periods of time and it was horrible. When I left a message to just call me back, they didn’t always call back and I didn't like that. When customers come in, they need to fix it right away. However, it was good when they got back to me and they helped me through with the issue. Overall, POS Nation was really good.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Darlene. We pride ourselves on prompt responses, so we'll make sure to push harder on accurate and prompt responses.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I saw POS Nation working here at our company. I'm the manager and I'm in charge of calling whenever there are technicalities with the Cash Register Express program that we purchased. We had technical issues in the past, but all it required was updating the software and buying updated scanners and printers. It was also not too hard to operate. Plus, the technical support was friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. They answered my questions to help solve my issue. Overall, POS Nation was good with what they do. They're very good with customer satisfaction and that's what we care about in our company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We bought three POS systems from POS Nation, the full setup and the cash register express. I like its user-friendly interface which makes for easy employee training and ease of access for everyone to look up. It offered all the features that everyone else offered but just more conveniently and the specs met what our business needed. Our experience with the sales team was perfectly fine but very minimal because it was a very easy purchase. They were friendly and helpful. They were able to assist us in getting everything that we needed. We had to have one piece of the system replaced which they did immediately. We've used technical support several times and they're always available and knowledgeable. If I happen to get a technician who isn't able to help with my problem, they find somebody who can so all of our problems were solved quickly and adequately. Overall, it was an easy, quick, and painless experience with POS Nation.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased the CRE from POS Nation because it was the most compatible with our convenience store and the credit that we would offer selection-wise. I like the all-in-one touchscreen which is very sleek and up-to-date. POS Nation's sales team has always been pleasant. I communicated with one particular salesperson whom I originally called months ago, when I was just considering different systems. He was the only one who consistently called me back over time, even though I may not have been ready to actually purchase a system. And even when I found other prices that were lower than what he had proposed, he was able to price-match some of the equipment that came at a lower quote with another company. He's always been able to work with me to address my needs.

He's also our customer service rep and has been very helpful when it comes to making suggestions for us on scheduling for training. He uses the resources available for him and reaches out to other people if he doesn't know the answers to questions. When he says he's going to do something, he does. If he wants to send me something in an email even if it's information, he does it in a timely manner. He's done an awesome job and he represents the company very well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was looking for a new merchant service. I was trying to get information and a representative from POS Nation called me. The way he explained it, it would fit my needs at a reasonable rate. He thought they could do better than the rates I had before and that it could do all the different things that I needed it to do as my other service wasn't able to. He was very courteous, friendly, helpful.

I'm using Vantiv for the merchant services. I also got a computer, cash drawer, and printer. I got this system based on the their recommendation. I said, "This is what I want to do," and the rep said, "This is what we have." The first and second one they sent didn't work, however, the third one seems to be working. It seems it will be fairly easy to use once all the kinks are worked out.

Everybody has been very courteous. The first guy who was supposed to be loading all my information did it completely wrong though, and it was a complete mess. I called after getting the system hooked up and discovering that it was all out of whack. The next guy showed me how to fix some things. But if I was going to fix everything line by line by line, it would have taken me weeks to finish fixing everything. It was completely frustrating, but that guy was nice and tried to help me how to do it.

When I called later about another question, I got a guy named Lucas out of Florida and he was awesome. He has been helping me now. I explained the problem to him. I asked whatever question I had at the time and I told him I was frustrated because of all the other stuff that was going on. He then offered to help. He said, "If you just resend me the information, I think I can help you with that." And he fixed it for me in a day and I am ever so grateful. So, that guy, in particular, took a lot of frustration away from me and I can't say enough good things about him.

Last week, I started setting the system up and didn't disconnect my old system until I was sure the new system was going to work, that deposits were being made in the bank and so forth and so on. I just finally disconnected my old system and I'm still getting used to this one. It's been frustrating, but the frustrations are being worked out. I think once everything is all in sync and I got everything figured out, it's going to be a good thing.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Cindy. We will continue to work with you through every step of your installation to make sure your system is fully up for operations.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We're sort of unique. We're not just retail and not just restaurant based, we're a combination. POS Nation was the first one that was able to accommodate our needs with the software. We got a cash register, three printers, one label maker, one remote printer, the receipt printer, scales, barcode scanner, card reader, customer display screen, handheld digital scanner, and a tablet. The sales team was fine. However, after spending $7,000, a person on site would be very helpful as far as troubleshooting and getting the equipment set up. I received boxes with very little instructions and spent four hours setting up the peripherals and I'm only a third of the way through. It doesn't even include knowing the system yet. We've spent three hours trying to set the Zebra printer up. They also sent the wrong labels. The total experience was not the greatest and preferably once we get set up, it will be a different situation.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your response Randy and we promise we'll continue to work with you through your installation. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

POS Nation seemed to be the most complete system and they responded for information a lot quicker than some of the others did. So, I figured they were quite customer oriented. All my interactions with the sales team were great. There was a little mix-up in the order when it arrived and I was missing a piece of equipment. I appreciated that they sent it next day even though they didn’t need to.

I got the cash register express due to the capabilities it offered, and we're still in the programming mode. It's user-friendly and Windows-based. The other register systems I had before were not Windows-based and dealing with it was a little bit more technical. Their support team has been very generous with their time in helping answer questions and moving us along the process. They're customer-oriented and pay attention to their customers. That’s really the reason why I chose them and that's what I've been shown as I worked with them. It's been a good experience so far.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Since POS Nation had YouTube videos that show how to make things work, I went and bought EPOS from them. I chose to buy that system because it fit my budget. The equipment that I got from them was easy to learn and to put together. The experience I had with their sales team has been friendly and the customer and technical support teams have been pleasant to deal with. It has been a good experience and the team has been very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I've just installed my POS system and tasking manager from POS Nation and the equipment is good, quality-wise. Plus, we got three months technical support for free. Their customer care representatives give good advice and good training.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

POS Nation’s Cash Register Express system is easy to use. I got this from the person I bought the business from. Also, their technical support team has been knowledgeable. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

POS Nation is a good system but sometimes, the customer service is not that good. Sometimes you call and they don't answer. They said they're going to call you back and they call you the next day when you already fixed the problem. The system goes down sometimes and you need technical support service at the time but they don't give you the service anytime that you need it. But, there is a guy that I know and he is very good. He fix everything when I call him. I purchased the CRE. The other things were the same as the others but I really like the touchscreen because it's really fast.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

POS Nation has a user-friendly interface. It just seemed ideal of what I needed at the time. I needed it for restaurant purposes and I like that I can customize everything to my specific needs and have the options to adjust as I'd see fit. My interaction during setup was one of the best experiences I've ever had as regards to a system or technical device where I needed external support. They were great. Also, their sales team have been awesome. They've been available, flexible, specific to my questions and offered some very detailed alternatives. Their tech support team has been very friendly and helpful too.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Every interaction I’ve had with POS Nation’s team has been 99% of the time really great. They've been pleasant, productive, courteous, and they fixed the problem every time. Eric specifically has been my go-to guy and he has been just fantastic. I purchased their system for a retail food chain. I liked its ease of use, consistency, reliability, and design. Also, there's no monthly fee. They’re the best. I'd use them again.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your wonderful review Bill!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We like the features that POS Nation provided versus the other systems. Dennis purchased the Cash Register Express and it's very user-friendly. He frequently corresponded with their rep, Spencer, and he was very helpful. We've had to call technical support multiple times on different issues and they've been really helpful as well.

POS Nation response

We pride ourselves on having well trained and knowledgeable staff here at POS Nation. Thank you for your review, Anna!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

There was a price comparison between POS Nation and other company and I found POS Nation better. I talked to their rep. He's a nice guy and he helped me a lot. It was really good. I got the Windows software. It is a POS system with point-of-sale and everything in it. It is very reliable for my chores and it has all the features I want. It is a well-advanced equipment and I can track the inventory of my store. Also, it's easy and fast for doing the sales system to the customers. I also got the training through them on how to use the system. They were good at helping out and I can call them anytime for training purposes. It was a very nice experience.

However, I had an issue with my processor company. The PIN pad and the system I have was not so compatible since I was having another processor company and I got the system through POS Nation. It didn't work well so I had to cancel with the other company for the processing and I have to pay extra money. I had to come back to POS Nation and another company helped me to set up with them. I got the PIN pads just today but I'm still having issues with the SIM card reader. It's not a problem with POS Nation but they refunded whatever I spent on the PIN pad so that's very nice.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your review Kalyan! We're sorry that you're still facing issue with your pin-pad, but we're glad we were able to help make it a little easier. If you have any other questions or concerns, we'll be here to help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Someone from Pat’s Plumbing told me that she really liked POS Nation because it would integrate with QuickBooks. Also, it had everything that controlled the inventory, which was what I was looking for. You could get it as standalone or one that was backed up to the Cloud for a subscription and nothing would be lost and it would be groovy. I got the Cash Register Express and the card reader thing from them. It is taking me a while to learn things and remember things, but it’s been easier to use than I thought it would be.

Their sales and customer service teams have been really good. When you call them, they are ready and willing to help. My only concern was I ended up talking to someone on the East Coast not realizing they had a West Coast base as well. So, I’m connected back East and the time difference, when it comes to training, could be a little tricky. But we’ve worked it out really well. Overall, they’re very friendly and helpful, and so far, everybody’s got a really good sense of humor which has helped a great deal. I had an excellent and enlightening experience. I’ve already recommended them to a couple of other businesses.

POS Nation response

Thank you for your kind words and recommendations, Karen. We understand the concern of being located on the west coast when we have our support team on the east coast, but we promise to provide quality services 24/7. If you have any other questions or concerns, we'd be more than happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I've had my POS Nation five weeks ago. We put it online, Thursday and we're just trying to figure it all out. POS Nation is everything-in-one. Some had the basic ones and didn't seem robust enough. They also didn't have enough features and different kind of things. I went with POS Nation's Cash Register Express. I'm a small deli with sandwiches and I'm also a convenience store. I've got all the cigarettes over at the back and a lot of beer, wine with my food service. We got 3,000 items in the store. So, with the full line on the grocery side more-or-less, I can incorporate lookups for all the sandwiches in it and it's worked pretty good so far.

Their sales rep was good. He did a little demo and went through the whole thing. He was helpful and had an answer for everything I needed to know. As far as the cashier interface part, what they have to do to make things work has been very smooth. My employees know how to run the cash register. It's basically going from Key POS to scanning it or punching it at lookup. It's been pretty easy as far as getting them going and making sure they understand whats going on.

I called customer service a couple of times before I actually went live on a couple of questions in, like on a lot of payouts, how would they think the best way to do it. My grocery distributor sent a 13-digit UPC versus the 12 with the two check digits. They sent a 12-digit with one check digit in the front and not the back. Then they're reading a 14. So I had to reload my database. But once I got it, I called them and we got a letter. Overall, the experience was almost as expected and exceptional. I knew I have to put all that crap in. And we're close to that point now. There are just a few more little things. For instance, I sell honey from the local people and kumquat products that don't have UPCs. So, we have to figure how to do that.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I researched several companies on the internet and conducted some phone calls and online demos, and based on my findings, I picked POS Nation. I dealt with one guy, and he was hands-on and very available. I got the cash register system with a server support and one license on a PC for a small mom-and-pop convenience store. It's intuitive, user-friendly, easy to set up and get going.

The only thing is when you print barcode labels for the shelves and you have 5,000 items in your store, you can't walk up with your handheld scanner to a spaghetti sauce and print a label. You have to go to this library, this index, and thumb down 30-50 pages till you find it and select. If price changes for a Rice-A-Roni and it comes in and they put it on the shelf, they can't just scan the existing barcode label and print a new one with the price. They have to scroll through a sequel database. It blows me away, but POS Nation says they're working on it. There have been five or six incidents since we got the system three months ago, that I've spoken to customer service and they've been very responsive and available. If you don't get them immediately, they call you back promptly. It was a very good experience overall.

POS Nation questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about POS Nation?
We are a small business whose employees eat, breathe, and sleep point of sale. We truly care about our customers and want nothing more than to earn their trust and grow with their business.
How has POS Nation grown or evolved?
A few years ago, we outsourced support. Many of our customers from 2012 experienced unsatisfactory service, and frankly, they let us know about it. We took a long, hard look at ourselves and came to the conclusion that if we wanted to provide the level of service required to win the confidence of our customers, then we needed to be responsible for our own support services. Along with making some management changes, we brought support entirely in-house and haven’t looked back since.
What needs do POS Nation products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
At the most basic level, our products help business run transactions and accept payments; however, that’s only the beginning of our solution. Our POS solution helps businesses track inventory, manage employees, run customer loyalty programs, and generate financial reports on every aspect of the business.
What problem is POS Nation trying to solve?
POS Nation helps businesses run more efficiently. From quickly ringing up transactions and taking payment to managing inventory and vendors, our point-of-sale solutions are designed to help owners and operators better run their businesses. The information generated from our POS systems helps businesses make better decisions.
What sets POS Nation apart from the competition?
There are many POS providers in the market, however we differentiate ourselves through our service and support. This service component begins with the initial call when our salesmen act as true consultants and account managers. We create a solution customized for your business. After the sale, our service continues with our internal support department. We help customers get up and running as quickly as possible and provide ongoing, 24/7 support and unlimited training. If any questions or issues ever arise, we’re always one call away.
How does POS Nation measure success?
We know we’ve sold a successful solution when the point of sale pays for itself by increasing efficiency, reducing waste, and generating insight for better decision making.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about POS systems?
Many consumers believe all POS solutions are created equally. This is simply not true. While many new software programs have been developed that can run transactions, very few programs exist with a full suite of features comparable to our solution. The second most common misconception in the industry is that companies offer free POS systems. Again, this is simply not true. I can assure consumers that companies advertising ‘free POS systems’ are making their money somehow – otherwise how else would they even exist? Most of these companies charge hidden fees or extremely high merchant service rates. This smoke-and-mirrors tactic frankly gives the industry a poor reputation.
How has the POS industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The advent of tablet-based solutions has obviously significantly impacted the industry’s product offering, and the number of Apple-based solutions has increased exponentially over the past several years as a result of this development. SaaS-based solutions have also emerged hand-in-hand with cloud-based software recently. And finally, the coupling of merchant services and point of sale has also significantly impacted the industry. Both SaaS solutions and merchant services have caused the industry to shift to a model with less upfront cost for merchants.

POS Nation Company Information