3.9/5 (491 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Harbortouch

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

Harbortouch Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This POS system has been nothing but a nightmare from day one. Whether it's waiting on the phone for an hour just to be hung up on, or waiting on the phone for an hour just to be pushed to a call center where no one can help you. It's just not worth it. If you run your own business, you don't have time to spend 3 hours on the phone just to be disrespected and left with issues unresolved. I've been lied to, told I was participating in a VIP program which only lasted a week. I've been waiting four months to have door dash integrated and that still hasn't happened. I've experienced glitches within the pos system, the website and tablets. One time the whole system shut down for hours and I couldn't process checks, I waited two hours just to be told "Yeah, we're working on it and we don't know when it'll be fixed.. click." This is an overall horrible experience which has wasted my time, turned off guests and increased my stress levels.

Hello Merlin,

We are sorry to hear about the recurring issues you have been experiencing with your POS system and our customer service team. We strive to provide our customers with the best quality equipment, software and services, so we are disheartened to hear about your negative experience with Harbortouch. We have successfully located your account, and a team member will be in contact to further assist with this issue. If there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I highly recommend the services and technology that are offered by Harbortouch. This is a company who actually cares about the success of their clients because their attitude is more like being partners rather than vendors. It's extremely important nowadays for Ma and Pa Companies business to stand toe to toe with their larger chain venue competitors.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

If I could get a free POS system from a leader in the industry who has been at it for 17 years, have them custom-program and install it for me, and train me to use it, why on earth would I go elsewhere? Harbortouch is the way to go. So far, so good. It’s easy to use and a real-time and money saver.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I have been a client of Harbortouch for over 20 years. During the 20 years I have been happy. However, due to Covid-19 I have had to closed my business. I have tried to closed my account with Harbortouch for over 5 months now and have had nothing but the run-around. I have been charged over 75.00 per month for not one transactions. That is not how to treat your customer let alone one that you service for 21 year. DO NOT USE this company. I am appalled how I have been treated. Catherine **

Harbortouch response

Hello Catherine, we first want to sincerely apologize for the troubles you have experienced with closing your account. Our records indicate that someone from our team is working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please email reviews@harbortouch.com if you need any further assistance, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

This is absolutely the worst company to do business with. I went into an agreement with them three years for a POS system. Long story short the business did not do well and I was not able to get out of the contract. I was told I would pay $39 a month I wound up paying $131 a month for three years. At the time of my contract, I was told the equipment would be mine at the end of three years. At the end of three years of paying this exorbitant amount I canceled and was told again the equipment was mine. I have this statement in writing.

After I canceled I was charged $700 for the equipment. I called, spoke to a customer service rep who confirmed that I did not need to return the equipment and that I would be refunded the $700. A week later I called back about the refund only to be told that they would not refund the money. I paid for equipment for 3 years, spent almost $5000 with this company all the while not making a profit in my business only for them to charge me $700 for equipment when I have in writing that the equipment was to be mine after 3 years.

Harbortouch response

Hello Tonya, we are disheartened to hear of the frustrations you encountered during this experience and would like to sincerely apologize. Our records indicate that someone from our team has been in contact with you in regards to this issue. If there is anything else you need help with, please send an email at your convenience to reviews@harbortouch.com, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Do not sign the contracts, the Devis has better ones! I have never dealt with such a company that makes you pay so much money to get out of a contract when they do such a poor job of providing service at incredible expense. You would not believe what I have been through with this crazy company. I can hardly wait to be rid of them.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Updated on 09/26/2020: Your response is completely false. I still have lot of issues and keep calling for last one month and nobody cares to resolve my issues. I got new Elite restaurant system and have lot of issues. It is so shameful that you are charging me so much money for POS but can not solve my issues. Your CEO Jared told me that he will provide me elite restaurant system to replace current ECHO system as free upgrade and you guys are still charging me $20 per system and I have for system and I am end of paying $80 for changing to Elite system even though your CEO told me it is free upgrade and I have his email for the same thing. If you want me to post his email, I can do it.

I don't know I should believe you any more when your CEO could not keep his promise. Should I believe that you guys are fraud and taking advantage of small business customers? It is so shameful when high authority make promise and could not keep it. I even sent email to Jared, your CEO to remind him that he promised me free upgrade but he does not respond any more. Can you believe this? Even my monthly statement have so many issues and so many wrong charges that I could not understand. I tried to call but nobody response. To all my friends of small business community, please be aware of this company. They are ripping you off and you don't even know it. Stay away from this company.

Original Review: Biggest problem I have with Harbor touch is batch. What I get from x-report and what fund deposited in bank never match. Some time I found that a complete batch is not deposited in bank. I tried to call and non experience peoples respond to my call and put me on hold for research (or they just put my phone on hold and don't do any thing so that I get tired and hang up) and they come back on and off and eventually tell me, "Oh by the way we have to create the tickets." They created one ticket two weeks ago and today I am talking for same issue for my another store and they ask me to create another ticket. It makes me so mad. They are holding my hard earn money and don't have time to respond.

Guys just watch your batch vs. what deposited to your bank and telly every time. I am still on hold and guy is telling me I am not too familiar. Am I calling some 10 year old person? Be careful of your money. We all work so hard as specially in such hard time during COVID-19, every penny mean lot to all of us. Just make sure you check your bank account to see they deposit all the money of your credit cards batch that you are entitle. As we speak, I am on hold for 55 minutes just verify my x-report credit amount vs.bank deposit. Isn't that telling you some thing.

I am ok with their system. They are so behind the technology. Technical support is good. That guy I was talking to and was on hold for hour just hang up the phone. I never wrote the review in my life and I always give benefit of doubt. But this things getting in to my nerve. Now they are playing with my own money. All of you small business owner, I hope you telly everything if you have harbor touch system.

Harbortouch response

Hello Anjan, we apologize about the difficulties you’ve experienced with your account as well as the call wait times. It appears that someone from our customer service team has already contacted you in regards to this matter. However, if there is anything else you need, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com and someone will respond as soon as possible.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We have two POSs and we have a SkyTab. We are not fond of our SkyTab. We’ve had nothing but issues out of it. We really don’t even use it. We just had to get a replacement one because the other one quit working. But we had some issues sometimes with tips not transferring over for the girls and stuff like that. On the other hand, the POS system is very easy to use. I’ve learned my way around it. Just self-teaching. I have a lot of help so I can get on there and do stuff on my end too to make it easier for me. We’ve had a few issues with POSs that we’ve had to call just to get straightened out. The reps were friendly and helpful every time.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Harbortouch is an okay system and their tech support gets us to where we need to be and gets things fixed. But I get tired of having to deal with the scanner all the time. It won’t scan half the time. The guy that put it in for us told us that we would have problems with round things. You would think when I had to put in all the UPC numbers, that they would realize that 99% of our stuff is round and would have told us that we needed a 3D scanner but they didn’t tell us. It makes it hard to work. I had to take the hard drive out the day before. We’ve had other problems and we had to fix it, otherwise, they were gonna charge for somebody to come out and work on it.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Because I didn’t have to put $4,000 upfront for the POS system, I got Harbortouch and everything had been good. The equipment is okay compared to others and the tech support is good. I like the tech support. Anything I have, I would call.

Original review: April 14, 2020

When you clock in, you have all those different jobs, and in each, there are certain things that you can do that other jobs can’t. That’s neat how the different adversity is there. Training people on this system is relatively easy because everything is nice and labeled. Normally, people take on very quick to the new system. I like the nice, big, bold font on the touch screens. They’re nice and bright. I really enjoy that. Also, there are money drawers, and the credit card things are so much easier to use than some that I’ve used in the past. There was once when the credit card pads went out and we had to call someone to come in and work on it, but it was just a Wi-Fi issue.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I like that Harbortouch tracks inventories. When I had to call tech support several times, the representatives were pretty good. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was looking for a queue assistance and that I could start tabs on my computer. That’s what they say makes Harbortouch useful. Once in a while the thing messes up and it won’t let me cash out but their tech support is really good when I call them. Harbortouch is great to work with.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I was not told about a three year contract! I was told HarborTouch would "meet or beat the current price I had". My rep loves to not call me back! Customer service cant help you! I have been paying .06% in batch fees for the last two months and before that who knows. Because after first month (3%) it just kept going up. Then apparently there was a monthly fee (KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THAT). The guy who signed me up could tell me nothing (after the signing up) because he doesn't work on that side. He doesn't know the % or fee specifics, or terms. The time by CC card reader was not working, was the ONLY time I was satisfied with my service. He was easy to understand, super pleasant and effective in a short timeframe.

Mackenzie,

We would first like to apologize for any miscommunication that may have come from our end. We try to be as transparent as possible with our customers and it is alarming that this does not seem to be the case here. We were able to locate your account in our database. We will have someone from upper management review your account and reach out to you to discuss your concerns and resolve any outstanding issues.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I was at the Nightclub Convention in Vegas and that’s how I heard about Harbortouch. We have a nightclub and a hookah lounge. We have another bar that we're opening and we just ordered a Harbortouch system. The prices were really good for the system and I can get it started. You don’t have to pay too much money and stuff.

The system is easy to work with. When I have a problem, I can get some help with it right away. I'm gonna call in on that if I need something. But I just have one problem with the system at the night club because what I have right now is old. You know how when you go to a bar or a restaurant and you swipe your card and you can keep it open, you open the tab on it, but the one I have in my business right now doesn’t have that option. And then, if I do have that, that’s going to make me a lot more money because when you’re a customer and you open a tab, you’re not going to feel how much you spend so it's great for the business. If I can get that helped out with or if I could get a new system, get something added in there to get that done, that would definitely help a lot.

In the new business, I ordered the system for it. I haven’t received it yet, but I just ordered it from Harbortouch. They said, “You will, 100%, have that in there.” I said, “Okay, great.” But I didn’t have time to call Harbortouch. We just talked with them once. What could we do to get rid of all the old systems that we have and get new ones or something for this business? Because really, we need that option because that’s something that a customer would love or for me to love. I keep their ID and card, which is not illegal. But I really need something that will help to get rid of that problem and just swipe their card and have an open tab.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had a couple issues a couple weeks ago, but they did a remote in and did a bunch of updating, and it has been working fine since then. Sometimes it is slow, but that could be our Wi-Fi. The system is user-friendly. Harbortouch is great, but the sales rep, when they set us up, forgot about us. They were terrible. I’m big on customer service and these guys do not have any. When I call when there is a problem, they are attentive and the guys are knowledgeable. But I wish they would give me a sales rep and let him walk in the store and introduce himself one day.

Harbortouch response

Joe, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Harbortouch POS system. We would like to apologize however, for the lack of attention that your sales rep has provided you. We train our sales reps to be attentive to each and every one of their merchants, but sometimes it can be hard for us to oversee that they are doing just that. If there is anything that we can do for you to improve your customer experience, please do not hesitate to email us at reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be glad to help in anyway we can.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I like Harbortouch. In the very beginning, it was a bit difficult to learn how it works, but after two or three weeks, I started learning the system and it’s very simple. Also, it’s very quick and I can edit things very quickly, because with my old system at my old job, I had to go in a day before and do all the changes. But with this one, you can just do everything right on the spot so it’s straightforward.

Harbortouch response

Jordan, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Harbortouch POS system and that you found the software easy and intuitive to use. If there is anything we can do to improve your customer experience, please feel free to email us at reviews@harbrotouch.com and we will be happy to help.

Original review: March 15, 2020

We’ve always went with Harbortouch. It’s easy to learn and use. We train our waitresses on it and a handful of them already use it. It’s easy to teach, which is the best thing about it. We had a not so great of an internet connection so it would slow the system down. But now since we got a better connection, it has been pretty smooth. Harbortouch's tech support was helpful. They get you back up and going pretty good. We’re happy with Harbortouch.

Harbortouch response

Keith, we are happy to hear that everything is working smoothly with your Harbortouch POS system, and that your staff is able to quickly learn how to use the software. If there is anything we can do to help improve your experience with Harbortouch, please send and email to reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be happy to help.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Tommy from Harbortouch told us about them and he was awesome. We've had the system for five years and the equipment is great. Everything could be improved on, but Harbortouch does great. Their support is second to none and they are amazing when we call and need help. We like Harbortouch.

Harbortouch response

Bill, we are so glad to hear that you have been enjoying your Harbortouch POS system. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience with Harbortouch, please let us know by emailing reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We are a restaurant and we've had the Harbortouch system for three years. It’s working okay so far. It’s user-friendly and easy to use. When I call their customer service, they always take care of things. We sometimes contact tech support like when we wanna add an employee, add in the menu or take something out. We also do it when somebody closes the table by mistake and we wanna re-correct it. They are always helpful. Everything is good.

Harbortouch response

Ahmed, we are happy that you are happy with your Harbortouch POS system and that you are receiving exceptional support when you have called into our support department. If there is anything that we can do to improve your customer experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I worked in a restaurant that had Harbortouch about six years ago. The POS system is pretty basic. It’s easy for my staff to use. You don’t have to go through a lot of screens to get to what you want. However, the system is constantly slow or freezing up since we got the machines four years ago. I've called Harbortouch more times than I have ever called a merchant service. The reps have been helpful, but it’s the same issues over and over and it doesn’t seem they ever get fixed 100%.

Harbortouch response

Toni, we would like to apologize for the recurring issues you seem to be experiencing with your POS systems. We were able to locate your account in our database and will have someone from upper management review your account and reach out to you to resolve these ongoing issues. In the interim, if there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to contact us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Harbortouch's customer service has always been excellent. When we redid all of our printers and reinstalled the brain, I dealt with their tech support. At one point, I didn’t put the cord in the right place and the poor guy was on the phone with me for about 40 minutes trying to figure out why the printer wasn’t working. As soon as I found out, I was said that I put the cord in the wrong place. He said, "No problem. Just go ahead and do that." He was very kind and didn’t act frustrated or upset.

Harbortouch response

Lauren, we are glad to hear that you are receiving the best support possible each time you call our support departments. If there is anything we can ever do to make your customer experience even better, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I've used Harbortouch before at another location for about three years but it’s a different system. We just took over the one in this location. I really personally don’t like it, though. There’s too many stuff to doing everything. It’s too complicated versus the older system that they have at the other place, which was more straightforward. I’m not sure which system this current one is, but it’s different. We’ve had to call in and figure it out. It’s not as self-explanatory as it would seem. I'm sure over time it gets easier, but just to start with, it’s a little much. And sometimes, it’s hard to get ahold of somebody at Harbortouch 'cause it just depends what time you call. I was on hold for 40 minutes one time.

Vicki,

We are sorry to hear that you have not been enjoying your Harbortouch Bar & Restaurant POS system. The software was designed to be extremely intuitive and provide you with all of the tools you need to run your business successfully. We do have available many training tools to help you and your employees feel comfortable using the system. If you would like, please email us at reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be more than happy to provide these tools and additional assistance.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Harbortouch has an easier process. We got the register and the POS system. We wouldn't have to pay a lot for the POS system because it comes with the service. It's helping us check out more. Their tech support is pretty quick with some stuff and it's good to have support late at night.

Jesus,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Harbortouch POS systems. Please do not hesitate to email reviews@harbortouch.com if there is anything we can do to make your customer experience even better.

Original review: March 2, 2020

For the most part, the system that we got from Harbortouch has been good. But we have some time that it lags and we have a couple of credit card issues every so often. We’d have a check that didn’t close out properly or we wouldn’t be able to enter a tip. It gets stuck in the preauthorize screen, but it’s not really of major impact. When we first got it, it was great. It has declined though and I’ve been noticing that it is much slower than when we first got it. It is starting to finally show its age. Other than that, we have the three-in-one POS and I like that it's very easy to use. The customer service is pretty good, too.

Steven,

We are happy to hear that your Harbortouch POS system has worked for your business. Of course with any technology, it is never perfect, but we would like to make sure that your POS system runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be more than happy to assist.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I have the whole system with Harbortouch. I like everything. It's not really hard to train and use except when you gotta go to like really deep stuff, which I don't do. Everything's good so far. When I have problems, their reps usually get on the case right away. They'll get in the computer, in the system, and try to help me out to fix whatever the problem is. Lately, we have new screens, new computers, new brand. Last year, we were having a lot of problems because probably the computer was too old. And these new computers are great. Ever since that, I was having less problems.

Enrique,

We are glad to hear that the issues you have been having with your Harbortouch POS system have been resolved and the system is working well in your business. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please feel free to email us at revies@harbortouch.com and we will be glad to help.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Please note that when you sign a contract with Harbortouch one of the contracts renews every 2 years and the other one renews every 3 years, which means you are always stuck in a loop of contracts that are not easy to get out of. One of the contracts starts when you sign up and the other one starts when the system is installed about 3 months later. In other words, it's almost impossible to time them out and get out of it when you need to. When we signed up for Harbortouch our sales rep Candice was great. Super helpful and very ready to get us started. When we wanted to get out of the contract after years of terrible experiences she refused to call me back after leaving multiple voicemails. She did send me a nice email saying that the questions I had of course had to be answered by a different department. That department sent me back to her. Then the system was installed and our nightmares began.

First they installed a thermal printer in our kitchen. It was getting slightly warm and not printing tickets. The restaurant was busy and the kitchen was not receiving food orders. Once we realized it there was a pile of tickets that did not go through. As a restaurant owner you understand timing is everything so this was an obvious huge problem. Our kitchen then had to use hand written tickets for awhile. It made our jobs so much harder to say the least. It took Harbortouch WEEKS to fix this issue. Once they realized that we needed an impact printer not only did they charge us extra for that printer but also tacked on a $12 per month fee for this. They took no responsibility in the loss of money they created when the printer wasn’t working and our customers weren’t thrilled that food was taking so long to come out to the table.

We had so many issues with initial setup that they made us “VIP” members. Which means when we call we get a “special team” to take care of us. They don’t tell you that when you call and wait on hold for over 15 minutes that the second they realize you are VIP customer a normal service rep cannot take your call. Then you get to hold for another 15-20 min for a VIP rep to take your call. If I could add up the amount of time I spent on hold with this company and get that time back I would probably regain a year of my life.

After a few years of doing business with them our computers started freezing up almost daily. We would have to restart everything and then call Harbortouch to have them remote login and fix these things. After months of this we FINALLY got a supervisor on the phone. This task alone is almost impossible. Every time we asked to talk to a supervisor there was never anyone available. It did not matter if we called during business hours, somehow nobody was ever in charge or willing to speak to us to figure out the issues. This is when they discovered that the amount of information the POS was holding was too much for the system and they had to “archive” all of our past business. This once again wasn’t a huge deal once it was actually fixed.

There was about 4 nights in a row that we were “on schedule” to have this update done and we were forgotten about every night. We would then go into work in the morning expecting our computers to be up to speed and cleaned out and it was not done. The POS then worked fine for a little while. Harbortouch is not compatible with chip readers so they had to send us separate card readers to plug into the side of the computer. This not only slowed everything down but also took up much more counter space and changed the way holding tabs worked. Annoying, but not a huge problem. The problem with the card readers is that they do not hold information when your internet connection goes out. With the new system we have in place that information is stored.

I cannot count on two hands the amount of times that we had to use knuckle busters to hold card info and then manually type in every card number to close out those tabs. This could take hours due to being a super busy restaurant. We live in a city that gets a lot of rain and storms so when this happens, which is often it was an inconvenience to say the least. Every time you need something fixed you have to call, wait on hold and then stay on the phone the entire time they remote log in. If you lose the call or have to hang up, (because say you are running a busy restaurant) then plan on the work not being done and having to call back again to restart the process.

There was a night that the computer system went down at Harbortouch. My business partner was on hold for no lie, THREE HOURS. (I wish this was an exaggeration.) When the rep finally took our call all he said was that they were having issues and they couldn’t do anything about it at the time. Obviously frustrated that not only were we on hold that long but also could not take cards for that amount of time. Once again hurting our business. The rep also made sure to make super rude comments along the lines of “Did you just wait on hold for 3 hours just to ** at me”. Which was not the case, but I am sure you would be upset if you had to sit on hold for that long just for someone to be rude and explain that it would take up to 6 HOURS for Harbortouch to fix this issue. So doing the math our computer system was down one evening (evening being our busiest time for business) for over 9 hours.

The next morning we had to go in and manually enter all of the tickets. We are a very busy little bar and restaurant so this alone took about 2 hours. This added extra 5-6 hours of work to wait on hold with a company and then come in and finish the work, all while paying a manager to deal with this. Harbortouch has very high fees for merchant processing. When they kept raising the prices we finally asked how to make it a consistent fee. They made me get quotes from other companies for less money and then they would “match” that fee. The problem there is they refuse to lock in those new prices. Watch your bill, they go up within a few months. Then you get the start that process all over again. Once again spending hours to save money and wasting another merchant company's time knowing you are stuck in a contract and you can’t get out.

Once again the contract for service renews every two years and the equipment contract every three years making it almost impossible to get out without paying thousands of dollars. We are paying thousands of dollars to get out of our contract. We have spent over $49,000 with this company in fees for equipment and processing. After the incident where we were on hold for over three hours we decided to start looking into a way out of this contract. They refused to put a supervisor on the phone. We finally threatened to cancel our contract and all of a sudden a supervisor was available (after a brief 20 minute hold). She was not much help at first. Once I started asking for fees and cancellation forms she decided that they were going to update all of our equipment for free. Great, new equipment, another set up day, more kinks to work out. All to still be stuck with this awful customer service in the end anyway.

Two months after the new equipment we were still having so many issues that we just couldn’t keep up with. We installed a new POS. Thankfully we found a local company with a system that holds card information, has actual customer service skills, and is willing to spend the time with us to make sure we are happy. Once the new system was in place we had to deal with Harbortouch one more time to cancel our contract. They sent us through three different people with this process. The best part is once again you CANNOT get a supervisor on the phone. Codie ** is the the Senior Manager in Customer Relations. I have left him 3 voicemails over the course of 3 weeks. I have received one email back and it didn’t even answer my question.

I work in customer service everyday and I know that the biggest part of my job is to deal with the unhappy customers and do what I can to make them happy. This guy is just making sure the giant corporation he works for takes every last dime he can out of a small business and refuses to even have a conversation. Call any other company before you sign a contract with this company. This is a warning from a very patient, honest and hard working person. I own two restaurants in a town that has over 800 of them. I will make sure that anyone asking me about a POS company will know what a nightmare it has been to work with Harbortouch.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We were searching for some billing programs about seven years ago and we had no idea. With Habortouch, we did not have to put a lot of money down. There was the no-money down, which helped. So, we felt we could test it first before we made any more commitments to it, and that was what we took. We then got the POS and the terminals. Their people were very good, and they answered our questions properly and completely. We’ve been getting hit by every other company, but they don’t seem to have more to offer than Harbortouch. So, we’ve decided to stay with them. We are not very happy with Shift4, but we are satisfied with Harbortouch. Overall, we have been fortunate.

Janine,

We are pleased to hear that you have been enjoying your Harbortouch POS system. If there is anything that can be done to improve your customer experience with us, please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be happy to help!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

We have the POS and the processing through Harbortouch. When we first signed up, I thought I was signing up for a three-year contract. Apparently, it automatically renewed. I'm kinda locked in right now and not able to shop around. It was the same thing with the processing, which was a different contract. I was a little disappointed with not knowing that and nobody ever explained that.

Harbortouch's equipment is pretty good, but there are a lot of reports that I don't use because I don't know how to use them. I know there are tons of reports in there and I kinda self-taught myself for some of them. But Some more would be good. I do need to go in there and learn. It would've been nice if they had somebody local to come and explain things a little more when we set up. Everything was done over the phone. We call in if we have a problem or difficulty. Some issues can take extensive time, but it's due to technical reasons. And everybody is very pleasant all the time.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I was doing some research online looking for retail point of sale support systems and found Harbortouch as part of my research. I liked the structure of their business agreement, how it worked, as well as how comprehensive the system was for data capture as well as reporting. I went with Harbortouch in spite of a bad experience. The rep I was working with sustained a head injury early on in the relationship. Everything got wonky, and I think that the individual became diminished. And as a result of that, anything that I needed to do, I did directly to Harbortouch corporately. It was kind of a quasi-tragic situation.

I’ve got the entire Harbortouch POS system, including the hardware and the software. I utilize their gift card program as well as built-in with the Harbortouch agreement is the merchant servicing. I really like that I don’t own the equipment. With how quickly things become obsolete, it is a nice thing knowing that my investment is in the merchant services element, and having the provision of the hardware is the by-product of the merchant service agreement. There are times where I have certain reporting needs that are not part of the very long laundry list of reports that they already generate. It’s not something where they may be able to “start a ticket”, but my experience has been that that doesn’t necessarily result in getting the data that I need.

Harbortouch Company Information