Call toll free
3.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

335 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Have to go over accounts to make sure I am not overcharged, I was told refund would come back in a few days. It's been a few weeks. No respond. I was being charged for two debit machines when I only requested one. Took four months to get that refund and a year goes by and was still being charged for two machines. I noticed there has lawsuits and payouts. I wonder why? I am so done with this.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Harbortouch's rep came in and told us about their system. So far, working with their sales team has been good. I'm not that computer-literate and they are 24/7 access if we need help with that. So far, Harbortouch seems to do its job pretty well. We had one system originally that was innovative, Harborpay. They were testing it to get it out there and get some issues with it. There were a lot of good things about that system. It had some really cool, easier-to-use features, so we’ll probably switch to that once it is out to the public. We're with Hospitality now.

However, I was on Craigslist recently and there are ads and prices again from Harbortouch which make it seem like they're offering the system cheaper than what they're charging me now. So, I'm going to get my rep on the phone to make sure that I'm getting the best deal. Still, the Hospitality system has been doing its job for us right now.

Harbortouch response

Ken, we are happy to hear that you have been satisfied with your Harbortouch Hospitality system. We are continually working to enhance our existing products and introduce new products and services with our customers in mind. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your merchant experience with Harbortouch, do not hesitate to email us.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

STAY AWAY!!! There are legitimate merchant services companies out there but in my experience this place is a disaster! It doesn't matter how many times you Cancel your account. They relentlessly pursue payments for services not rendered. They do not know what goes on from one department to the next. I set up an account and in less than 2 weeks my bank account was compromised, I closed the bank account and cancelled the service until the bank fraud could be cleared up. I cancelled at $30.00, $50,00, $130.00, $200.00 and $270.00 respectively. They just do not stop! Once they get your information you're a victim for life! POOR customer service! And I haven't been able to find them on the BBB website, yet. If you experience a company like this you can file with the BBB, Consumer Affairs and the Board of Governors at the FDIC.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've been with Harbortouch for like 15 years. It has been a good company, and it is very convenient. We don’t do as much with them much business as we used to, but we still have them for some transactions. Everything’s kinda gone to online merchants. I'm more of a wholesale broker and I do everything online, so I log in and I run cards that way or through my website. People buy stuff and I have a gateway through them. Overall, Harborthouch has always worked.

Harbortouch response

Gino, we would first like to thank you for being a valued Harbortouch customer for the past 15 years. Harbortouch would not be where we are today without the support of our merchants, such as yourself. If there is anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please reach out to us.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My other system didn't have a lot of the features that's on the Harbortouch POS system. It was a full upgrade to keep up with inventory. I like the layout of it. It's pretty easy. Harbortouch did a promotion but I never got the $400 discount. I also encountered one rude guy from them, but everything else was fine. I've been recommending them.

Harbortouch response

Jonathan, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Harbortouch POS system thus far. We were able to locate your account and will have someone reach out to you ASAP in regards to the bonus, as we would like to get this settled for you. In the future, if there is anything we can ever to do improve your merchant experience, please let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We got Harbortouch through our marketing agency and they are actually agents. We've had it for about a month and a half now and it’s been good so far. What I don’t like is how expensive it is and then there’ve been some issues in updating like the menu and stuff. We were told that we could do it online, and then it would actually go to the POS system, but that doesn’t happen sometimes. Sometimes, it doesn’t reflect the changes we make so it’s a bit buggy. It should be more bug-free to update it when we had to make a change. It should work properly all the time, not just 8 out of 10 times. But the representatives were really helpful whenever we spoke to them.

Harbortouch response

Sahil, we are glad to hear that you have been satisfied with your Harbortouch system thus far. We strive to ensure our systems improve the operational efficiency of our merchants and will pass along your notes about the online menu changes to our developers. If there is anything else we can do to improve your merchant experience, please do not hesitate to email us.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Updated on 01/09/2019: I wrote a review on Harbortouch in late December and they immediately replied publicly (assuming to attempt to look as good as possible to prospective merchants and to be as PC as possible)... Unfortunately, you are not able to reply publicly to a company's reply to your review. I was called about 2 weeks later from a customer service rep who just gave me so cold, scripted reply and literally did NOTHING but waste over 20 mins of my time on the phone. They have no interest in resolving this in a fair, unbiased manner. This issue has still not been resolved nearly a month later and I will do everything in my power to make it as clear as possible to other prospective merchants to STAY AWAY from this company. They are all talk and zero action. STAY AWAY FROM HARBORTOUCH!

Original Review: If you are a merchant who wants to process credit cards I couldn't encourage you more to FIND SOMEONE ELSE! Anyone else. Have been a merchant with this company for 7-8 years. We run 15-20k/month in credit/debit cards. We run at least 50-70 transactions per month. A pretty reasonable amount of business. We rarely, if ever get a dispute or chargeback. Maybe once, twice a year max. In fact in 7.5 years of using them we have had less than 10 disputes/chargebacks.

We recently had a customer dispute a fairly large charge (3k) for a service they had been provided nearly a year earlier. Not only does Harbortouch debit the amount from our account (3k), but they also 'holdback' that same amount of your future transactions until you have met that threshold (3k) until the case is resolved. Their reply to me; "It's our policy".

So instead of just doing what the norm is in this industry (debiting the disputed amount until its resolved), they also 'holdback' the identical amount, so they sit on 6k of our money and do so for up to 90-120 days. I spoke to 4 different customer service reps in 2 days (after waiting on hold for at least 20-30 mins at a time) and got 4 completely different answers. It's a shame businesses like this get away this complete lack of customer service. If any 'normal' business dealt with customers like this and had this many awful reviews, they would not only be investigated but they simply wouldn't be in business. Complete sham!

Harbortouch response

Miranda, we are truly sorry for the negative situation you are currently experiencing with Harbortouch. We hold serving our valued customers to a high priority and are saddened to hear that we have been unable to resolve this situation for you. We were able to identify your account in our database. We are going to have a department supervisor review the situation and reach out ASAP to try and work out the best resolution possible for you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We were looking up different systems on the internet and found Harbortouch. It had a deal going where your equipment was free. We've had it for a month and a half, and we’re still playing with it and discovering more and more stuff that it does. It was set up, but we have added and changed a few things. My desk person has to call in about things and everybody at Harbortouch has been very helpful and good at stuff. So look into Harbortouch and try it out. So far, we’ve been pretty happy with everything.

Harbortouch response

Dawn, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Harbortouch POS system! We do our best to ensure that our systems provide business owners with everything they need to efficiently manage their business. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please let us know and we would be happy to assist. You can send us an email or you can message us via our Facebook page (@Harbortouch)

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Harbortouch is the last processing company you would want to use. They shut us down without notice costing us $1000s in revenue. After repeated requests to cancel our service due to complete dissatisfaction they continued to keep our account active. After two more years they took $6,000 from our account since we were on “auto renew”. We were never notified of the auto renew. It’s a good program for them since they can provide very bad service and still charge you to renew without asking if you WANT to renew. Save yourself a headache and cash by choosing any other processing company on earth.

Harbortouch response

Jim, we would like to sincerely apologize for the negative experience you have had with Harbortouch. We hold customer satisfaction to a high priority and would like an opportunity to make this right for you. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID Number to reviews@harbortouch.com. We will have someone review your account and reach out to you as soon as possible to work out a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We looked up Harbortouch and dealt with a really nice guy. We have stayed with them for 10 years and I don’t like the way the rates go up all the time. But other than that, they’ve been spot on. I always have to call and go back and forth with them. So, it’s kind of a pain in the butt, but it’s worth the phone call. I’m happy with their reps. The system is great and it works for me. I’m satisfied with them.

Harbortouch response

Paula, we are happy to hear that you are happy with Harbortouch! if there is anything we can ever do to improve your merchant experience, please send us an email and we would be more than happy to assist.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We’ve had Harbortouch for a while. We had another company when we first started 16 years ago but they kind of went out of business or transferred us over to Harbortouch. We had a slight issue with them, after the first year. We’re on the holiday season right now and my donors will go anywhere from $25 donation on a credit card up to $5,000. A couple of times, I had large amounts where, because I was new, they had to go through a process of making sure that there weren’t gonna be any problems with that. But otherwise, the reps are very helpful.

If I think I didn’t run a credit card, or I can’t find that receipt, I will call them. They’ll go back and look through my batch, and they’ll find it. I’ve never really had a problem. If my machine breaks down, they get me one in a couple of days. They’re always so polite and so helpful. Sometimes I make the mistake of talking to them on my main line, which runs my credit card, and they’re nice enough to say, “Okay, let me just call you back on your cell phone.” I’ve never had a rep that’s been rude or made me feel like “Okay, dummy. Do this this way.” They’ve always walked me through the procedure.

Harbortouch response

Eva, we are thrilled to hear of your positive experience with Harbortouch, specifically in dealing with our support departments. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please feel free to send us a message via our Facebook page (@Harbortouch). We will be more than happy to assist.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I've had the HBR system since August and had A LOT of issues with frequent daily phone calls to resolve issues with many only ending in a screaming match. The system will not save many of the menu changes I've made with the programmers not resolving the issues. Currently having issues of closing do q n at night and the screen view not matching the printout which messes up the reporting.

I gave remote access recently to a lady supposedly trying to help. She was looking at my personal shift report which had nothing to do with the faulty printout. When I questioned her why she was looking there, she just said she was gathering information! I quickly stopped her from continuing on that screen. A few people have been nice and helpful but just a few. I realize this is a fairly new system but the issues I've been having should have been resolved long ago. The new system seems to be elementary technology. Not happy and would cancel now if I could.

Harbortouch response

Anthony, we would first like to apologize for the negative experience you have had with Harbortouch, as well as the issues you have been having with your POS system. We hold customer satisfaction to a high priority and would like an opportunity to make this right. We were able to locate your account information in our database and someone will be reaching out to you ASAP you address and resolve these issues.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We have been with Harbortouch for 4 years. We are not happy with the quality of customer service or the timeliness of resolutions with issues that we have with our systems. It has been over 4 months and waiting for a supervisor to discuss with us an issue. When we call in, we are told that a supervisor is not available and that the person on the other end of the phone can help. It normally starts out pleasant but them becomes confrontational. Common response is that the supervisor is on a call and will not be available for any time soon. When you email a request you are told that it may take up to 48 hours to resolve. It has been longer than that and we still have no resolution. We are looking for a way out of our relationship with Harbortouch.

Harbortouch response

Edward, we are sincerely sorry to hear of your bad experience with Harbortouch. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would like a chance to make this right for you. Based on your information, we were able to locate your account in our database and will be reaching out to you ASAP to address and resolve these issues.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

They show you up front how much your fee of 2.5, 2.8% is when in fact they are charging more than a 14 - 18% overall. Not to mention their yearly fee. I reviewed my fees and contacted them to cancel my service. After a long time trying to tell me that my tier rate was set to high by them and that I'm a valued merchant. The rep got upset that she couldn't convince me to keep the service. SHE SAID "WELL, I'LL SEND YOU A CANCELLATION FORM BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY US $1260 TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT!" What a horrible way to do business. High Fees and bad business.

Harbortouch response

Yorgen, we are sincerely sorry to hear about your troubling experience with Harbortouch. We strive to ensure the satisfaction of each and every merchant. We are aware that someone has reached out to you to address and resolve these issues. We hope that everything was resolved to your satisfaction and that your remaining time with Harbortouch is a positive experience. If there is anything we can do to make your experience better, please email reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We've seen the Harbortouch system in another establishment. We also saw it in a couple of the Bar Rescue shows, so we wanted to go with Harbortouch. The old owner, Mitch, who has passed away did all the dealings with their sales team and I came in and helped to do all the logistics. We got the POS system. So far, the equipment is so much easier to use than the old thing that we had before.

I was getting ready, though, to call Technical Support right now because I'm not receiving my daily sales reports. I used to get one emailed to me every morning. Our internet went down and that was a fiasco for three hours. Ever since, I have not received any of the daily sales reports through my email. We've called them numerous times, but sometimes it was a little bit of a wait. I just put the phone on speaker mode and left it down till somebody answered. But somebody always answered or if I left a number, they called back and helped me with whatever was going on.

Harbortouch response

Sheri, thank you for choosing Harbortouch as your point of sale solution provider. If there is ever anything we can do to make your experience better, please contact us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The gentleman that was setting up the credit card processing was also a brand new Harbortouch rep in the area at the time. He's been recommending my family on issues for 20 years, so we took his advice and got Harbortouch. He was extremely knowledgeable. We got the three point-of-sale systems with the printers and the regular printer associated with the cash register. We're also using the online ordering tool. The equipment is very user-friendly and because it is cloud-based, it's all accessible. At any point in time, you can review tickets and transactions. I've run into a couple of technical issues and Habortouch's technical support has been very helpful. They took care of the issues right away. The only thing they haven't been able to fix is the old EMV ordeal, with the chip card.

Harbortouch response

Luca, thank you for trusting Harbortouch as your point of sale solution provider. If there is ever anything we can do to make your experience better, please contact us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We have the three POS systems from Harbortouch and they're easy to use. I've also talked to the people from Harbortouch a few times, and they've been very pleasant and helpful.

Harbortouch response

Michelle, thank you for choosing Harbortouch as your point of sale solution provider. If there is ever anything we can do to make your experience better, please contact us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I met a Harbortouch salesman at a trade show and he was awesome. He did a nice presentation and everything was good. We did the touchscreen POS and although I like the ease of using it, it has been a horrible situation. If I had to do it over again, I wish I had the same sales guy, but a different product. For the first little bit, the system was okay. Then, two years ago, they had a glitch. I was out of service for nine days, but I didn't get a break in my bill, not even a sorry. A while back, they had an update and another glitch happened. Everything crashed and was down for a while again. They just don't care about their customers at all. It was super frustrating.

With the last update, we had to put new credit card readers in and I lost the ability to charge my customers a percentage, just like I get charged from the credit card company. I'm really pissed off about that. The people are generally nice and they try to help though. Somebody called here yesterday and I told her about the credit card thing. She said she'd help me with it and that they could fix it. I said okay and got transferred to somebody. That person said they couldn't help me and had to transfer me to somebody else. It was lunch hour and I couldn't wait. I just hung up the phone. I'm pretty dissatisfied and as soon as my contract is up, I'll be looking for somebody else.

Harbortouch response

Thomas, we first want to begin by apologizing for the dissatisfaction you feel with Harbortouch. We take pride in serving our customers and strive to ensure their satisfaction with Harbortouch and our products. We would like an opportunity to make this right. We were able to locate your account in our database. Someone will be reaching out to you ASAP to address and resolve these issues.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have two POS systems and a credit card processor from Harbortouch and I'm still getting used to the equipment. The local rep wasn't that great and I refuse to deal with him anymore. If I have a problem, I call the IT people straight and talk with them. The IT is good when they're answering their telephone, but there are usually lengthy waits on the line to get through to them. But once you get through, they're helpful.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Everything has been fine with Harbortouch's POS system. My interactions with their reps have been good and their equipment is easy to navigate through.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I’ve been in business with Harbortouch for 30 years and everything has been good. They are doing my credit card transactions before they got into computer or other projects. I purchased the monitor and it is simple and easy to use. If I also need something, they provide and there is free training.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The Harbortouch equipment is familiar to me as I've been working on a computer for 10 years. It's not hard to use because there is touchscreen. We spoke to technical support one time to add some items in the program and they were easy to get in touch with.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I've been using Harbortouch for over a year and it was originally very good, but I'm not so happy with it lately. Every time I call, I get somebody that I can't understand. It's really difficult when you're in a busy restaurant, there are things going on and you gotta try to listen to somebody that you can't understand. It's frustrating. Still, I like that I don't have to pay for it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I belong to a trade group of about 20 dancewear stores and somebody else in my group uses Harbortouch. Harbortouch works for them and I know it would work for me. I have a point of sale system and I got from them the monitor, the keyboard, and then a credit card processing thing. The system is easy to use and that's always the most important thing to me. I'm always calling in because the system is freezing or some other thing, but whoever I talk to is able to fix the problem very quickly. We've had very good luck with Harbortouch, so I would definitely recommend them. But you would need to talk to somebody from Harbortouch to see if it's gonna fill your needs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We are a small veterans club that stepped into the 21 century and got 2 Harbortouch systems 4 years ago. For the last 2 years the customer service has become so bad that you have to spend 2 or 3 hours getting bounced around from one person to another before you can get anything fixed, there are constant fees for everything. In the past year they keep collecting and processing the money for credit cards sales but don't pay us the correct amount. We have been going round and round with them over this issue and they say they see that they owe us money but won't pay it until they figure out why they are not paying us the money.

They owe us almost a $1000.00 so far and the amount keeps growing each month, and they keep giving us someone different each month to talk to about this issue. We are currently on our 4 person this year for this issue. Also they can renew your contract automatically if you don't tell them to cancel your contract within so many days and in writing. They really know how to treat veterans and small business.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Dishonest company. Hidden fees, raise your rates after they tell you they lowered them. Told me to look at the contract where it allows them to do whatever they want basically. My experience has been horrible. Started out ok, they gradually started raising fees and charges I didn't even understand. Stay clear in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’m a busy guy and I don’t have time for the B.S. Running a business you get all kinds of B.S. from every company left and right. I met the Rep that covers this area, Will and he sold me on Harbortouch. I’ve had my issues with them but Will has always taken care of most of the problems that he could. He meets with me when I need him and makes sure everything is running smooth. Had some issues when they changed banks back in November and that cause some headaches. Will got it sorted out.

The company is good for the pricing and all but having someone that I can talk directly to when I have a problem and that answers my phone calls is important which Will does all of that. I’ve had the system for nearly 2 years at both my restaurants and everything has been good. Only downside is that you must do your processing on their system for the first 3 years. Will keeps my rates low so it’s not a problem for me. If you gonna do a system from these guys, make sure you have a rep that will take care of you. Sounds like that’s the main issue.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Absolute worst in all that they do! Echo system never worked right. Poor customer tech support. Was to send tech to pick up old system when new hospitality system arrived. Never happened. Charged me over $3.000.00 for not sending back equipment. Representative Jesse could have cared less. Stated they do not operate that way. All notes for last six months on their computer spelling out all the runaround we have received. I would never recommend this company to anyone for anything! Turning over to attorney first thing Monday morning. STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

Original review: June 14, 2018

RUN RUN RUN!!! Do not use this company ever. First off the fees are ridiculous. Secondly we were threatened with being held with breech of contract because we did not process enough credit card transactions, even though they already charge a minimum fee each month if you don't process enough. The fee is $25. I was treated very very rudely by their "legal" department, the representative kept saying over and over you agreed to process credit cards through us. I told him we did and we are (we never accepted credit cards before).

I told him I cannot hold a gun to our customer's head and make them use credit cards, he essentially called me a liar saying everyone uses credit cards. They didn't believe me and blamed us for using another processor. I posted a complaint on another site, they contacted Harbortouch. Harbortouch contacted me and we made an agreement they would not charge the $25 minimum for three months to give us a chance to build up our credit card business (Jan-March). I accepted their offer and things were going ok.

In June they took out $143 and change for back fees which were supposed to not be charged. I talked to customer service again they said they made a mistake and charged double what they weren't supposed to charge in the first place! They "researched it" and said we were owed a $104 dollar refund to be put back into our account in 3 to 5 business days(request for refund was sent to management they day I talked to them) tens days later no money. I called and they are still"researching" the issue although they figured everything out 10 days ago. Please Please if you want a Point of sale system go somewhere else. Also, their legal department keeps locking our system and we have to call to get it unlocked because, we are not processing cards even though we have had the system since December 2017.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Our experience with Harbor Touch was terrible from the beginning. The programmers botched our inventory several times before it was compatible. Then they shipped us the wrong hardware. I was so frustrated at this point, I tried to cancel the order. The salesman talked me into giving them another shot. He said we had 30 days to cancel after proper installation if we were still unsatisfied. When they shipped out the second system, we ended up getting a case of receipt paper instead. By the time the proper hardware was installed, several months had gone by. We tried using the system for a couple weeks, and had nothing but problems. Now that we want to ship everything back and cancel, they are trying to charge us an early termination fee. This company is dishonest, disorganized, and a complete joke!

Harbortouch expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Harbortouch is a national, award winning credit processing and POS supplier. They offer a range of products and services, including their free equipment program.

• Pricing: Free equipment is available with a merchant services contract, though there is a service agreement requirement.

• Remote training: Training on the POS system is available remotely, so new employees can be trained directly by Harbortouch on the latest information according to industry best practices.

• Customer service: Customer support is available 24/7, all in-house, so every call is answered by Harbortouch, not a third-party call center.

• Installation: The ordering process is quick, but it may take more than a month before the POS system is ready for installation. It would be smart to think this through before ordering.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas, Health Services