toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

We got the Harbortouch touch screen POS system and I like how it’s easy to work with. It’s a lot like our old system which we wanted. They were very good at customizing how it looked on the screen from our old to our new Harbortouch system so that was nice for training in purposes. There were three individuals who set it up and they were awesome. Whenever I have a problem, I can call them and they've always been very helpful.

A friend of mine informed me about Harbortouch five years ago. We have a POS system and it suited my business. It holds a lot of items and scans the credit card all in one. They do the merchant service too, so we can scan the credit card. It helps the business and we're happy with it. Moreover, their customer service is always helpful. We leave a message if they're busy and they always call back.

Our friend who owns a restaurant introduced us to Harbortouch. We were debating between Harbortouch and another company, but the other company kept on sending us e-mails which annoyed us to the point that we didn't even bother with them. We like that Harbortouch has one of the only local sales rep we had when we called people in while everybody else was dealing online. So we went with Harbortouch and I got a receipt printer for the kitchen, the terminal for the restaurant and we're grabbing an iPad for a season and downloading the app, as well for it. The only complaint I have is sometimes the touch screen of the computer would randomly freeze for 20 seconds. But we’re satisfied overall with Harbortouch.

The sales rep of Harbortouch came in to see me about their credit card processing. And since I was due for an upgrade, I purchased the register setup and POS system from them. I like that their equipment is newer. However, I called their customer service a couple of times because the printer wasn’t working. But they were able to fix it remotely and pretty quickly, too.

We had signs made by someone who had the Harbortouch POS and I liked it. What he showed me was for his business though and I was under the impression that it would be converted for our business. However, when I received it, it was strictly for restaurants and our facility is a sporting outfit, but for activities, not wear. We have indoor cages and we give lessons in football, baseball and softball.

The system has tables, sections and how much the tip should be and I really don’t need everything that’s on there. When I first got it, I tried to correct that several times but I was told that it would be too hard. However, it does register everything, including check, cash and credit cards and I like it. That’s what I need and that’s what I’ve been using, so I have had no complaints about that. I just look for the lessons to set it up but it still is hard for me to make any changes. I’m very illiterate to this computer stuff and every time I touch it, I do something wrong. Then I have to call technical support to get me out of it.

When I spoke to the salesman Dan five years ago, he did not make me aware that this was strictly for restaurants and did not quite tell me everything that I was supposed to know. I thought that he would help me out with the system because it was the first time I’ve ever gotten a cash register that's doing everything for the counter. But when I called him back, he had already quit. His voice message said, “I got your message. And if I feel like, I’ll call you back.” I reported what kind of response I got and that I was unhappy with him. But now he's back and I've told them I don’t even want to see him.

In addition to that, I was only recently told by Rebecca that I had two contracts. I only signed one, however it was snuck in there somehow and I ended up signing two. One was for five years, which is for the POS and the other one was a three-year contract which was to be renewed if I didn’t renew it myself automatically. That’s the one I was not aware of. I also called several months ago to find out when my expiration date was due and they told me August the 23rd. And I went through the whole thing about what I was supposed to pay, $35 a month plus the swipes and the percentages and they never told that there were two contracts. One which expired two years ago and was automatically renewed. And I was not aware of that.

I've also spoken with Rebecca again because I was interested in keeping Harbortouch at a lower rate. I talked to them about discontinuing the credit card simply because it was costing me $200 a month, which to me is a whole lot. We’re a small outfit and we're not making that much money. They told me I would still be charged even if I stop using a credit card and if I wanted to break the contract, I got to come up with a one-time payment for a total of the remainder of the contract. And that's $35 for the next 24 months. I also spoke to someone in customer service to see if I can keep the POS and still service my clientele. However, they told me I own the hardware once it's paid for, but not the software, which was another thing that I was not aware of.

It’s not everything that I was led to believe, but then again, I didn’t ask and that’s my fault. But overall, the equipment is fine and I can deal with that even with the problems that I’ve been having. My dissatisfaction is with the people, especially with the salesperson that sold me this. But the technical support, Rebecca, has been very pleasant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Our company was initially contacted by them because they indicated our current merchant was overcharging us (which turned out to not be the case). They told us that they were the wholesaler and they are taking back over our account from them due to that and told us that we had to sign a contract with them to become PCI compliant. They asked that we send them a copy of our statement so they can confirm and get our account credited back. I contacted our current provider and went over our accounts and everything was in order and we were not being overcharged, in fact they were in no way affiliated with Harbortouch. I then contacted Harbortouch, and asked them again who they were and they stuck to their story that they were the wholesaler for our merchant and that our merchant "lied" to us to protect their rates.

Stay far away from these people, they are liars and they are cold calling companies to try and steal customers. They will spin a good story as well and give you information about your accounts to make it more believable! All of this to get you to sign a 5 year contract with them. Where they are getting this information is a bit concerning. But having verified that our particular merchant had received numerous calls from their clients about the same thing also raised a red flag for me with Harbortouch. It can't be legal to obtain account information for the purpose of stealing customers away from their current provider.

Also a note for anyone, if someone pretending to be working with or affiliated with your current company asks you for a copy of ANYTHING, they are lying. They would already have a copy of it and not need for you to provide ANYTHING to them to assist you. I hope these people are put out of business, they clearly don't deserve any of the 5 star reviews and it makes me wonder if they paid for them. I wouldn't put it past them since they pulled the stunt they did with us.

Harbortouch will hook you on a long contract and then forget about you. Customer service is practically useless. I have been trying to resolve an issue with them for over two months and they will not even give me a direct phone number to call, I still have to call and explain the situation to a new customer service rep every time I call. Not to mention being on hold for 20+ minutes each time just to be connected to a customer service rep. AVOID HARBORTOUCH whenever possible, they do not care about customer satisfaction because once you are on a contract you are stuck with them unless you can afford to pay off the contract and buy a new POS system.

Harbortouch's sales rep has made a cold call to me and she stopped in our place. We had about a 30 year old microsystem. We always said we'll replace it when it breaks and it wouldn't break. They came down to reprice other couple of different systems and looked at a couple of different systems. Everything was similar as far as what the capabilities are because all of the software are similar now. It came down to the fact that they were considerably less expensive than everybody else. Our sales person has been very good. The installation people were our sales person and another gentleman and they did an awesome job too.

We bought the point of sale system. We liked the ease of use the most. Training was also simple. It was like somebody that was in the restaurant business designed it. Everything made sense. You could set it up very simplistically. Our old computer system took a week to train on, this took only 20 minutes. Usually people that were 50 years old or so would have a little bit of a hard time with our old computer system because it was a lot more complicated. Things gets a little bit more difficult to learn as we get older. However, this computer system was so easy that even non computer literate people were still able to understand it. That has been nice because I can hire people that have lots of experience and I didn't have to worry about the learning curve with the computer system.

We called them every time we had a problem with the computer system. The only negative thing was that sometimes, the hold times can be long. But, that's understandable because they're a fast growing company. One thing that was nice though was if they didn't know how to answer the question or if it was a certain type of question that they can't answer and you needed to go to a different department, they were able to transfer you and not hang up on you. So, the longer wait times were made up for by the efficiency of the people that you spoke with on the phone. My wife and I were both very happy. It was even more useful than what we were anticipating to get once we got into the computer system. Because you don't really get to know the computer system until you're training on it or you're working on it. They have exceeded our expectations which were already high.

A friend of mine that works in the industry told me about Harbortouch. I didn't know of any other providers or point of sale systems, and he was happy with Harbortouch so I took his recommendation. I have a touch screen, cash register and printer from them and the service has been fine. Programming is a pain sometimes, but I can call and their customer service has always been professional and helpful. The usage for the people that are on the cash register is relatively intuitive. I've also been offered a lot of lower rates from transaction charges.

We are a small company who tried out Harbortouch merchant services. The company treated us like we were criminals from the beginning. We spent more time phoning Harbortouch to deposit our funds than processing. After only a few weeks, Harbortouch decided to withdraw a couple of large amounts from our bank and advised that they would hold the funds for 180 days because our company was deemed to be risky. Doing business with Harbortouch turned out to be a headache more than beneficial. It has been over 180 days and the company has not returned any of our funds.

A salesman came over the restaurant and offered me Harbortouch. I used to work with another system but the system was kind of made for a store, and I like the Harbortouch better. The salesman showed me how it worked and it was really easy to change specials or prices, or add another item into the system. I got the POS system that has the other cash drawer and the credit card thing attached to the monitor. The system is efficient and I'm pretty happy with it. Everything is just going smoothly and customer service is really easy to get in touch with. The people at Harbortouch are kind and they answer every time I call them. Of course, you gotta wait like a couple of minutes but once they answer they really take care of you.

I've been with Harbortouch for over a year. I didn't have to pre-pay for the whole system, and I could do it out with my processing and a little bit extra so I went with them. I have two POS and kitchen printer and everything runs fine. I've been in touch with them just pursuing downtime andupgrading stuff and they have good customer service base. Their technicians were also good and fast.

Their sales reps are very informative and professional. I bought a regular POS system. I like that Harbortouch is very simple, straightforward and convenient. I've dealt with other POS systems and Harbortouch is very easy to work with. Their customer service is quick to handle any problems that we have and they interact well with customers.

A Harbortouch sales rep came in and he told me about his product and service, and I ended up purchasing their point-of-sale system and two workstations. I like that they're user-friendly. So far, I've only had one issue where it got difficult. There was a system upgrade that happened overnight and it threw off the configuration of the printer and I couldn’t use the workstation. They fixed it but it took a whole day. It stressed me out and the cooks as well but the customers were very patient.

I've been in the same industry for a while and I heard about Harbortouch through magazines and trade fairs. They don't have an upfront cost so we decided to go with them. We purchased a regular POS, the screen, the tails and the printers. We called technical support several times and they've been able to fix everything.

From Harbortouch, I got the POS system and cash register. I like that we got the tickets just go to the kitchen and the convenience of food and orders in. That way then everybody could read the tickets well. We've had a few problems here and there, like with the secondary POS system. When logging in, it gets slow on everything. But, they were able to fix those issues most of the time. The only time I ever had a problem is I was on hold forever one-time and they hung up on me. I got to call back and be on hold again forever.

Harbortouch is better, easier and faster compared to other POS systems. The salesperson is easy to get a hold of. He didn't answer the phone when I called but called back right away as soon as he can. I like that it is easy to fix and change stuff with our Harbourtouch equipment. When we called customer service, they came and fixed every problem. Harbourtouch works fine and they've been the best POS system for us. We have tried three different types and this is the best one. The service is very good, fast and friendly.

I purchased the POS system touch screen from Harbortouch. I like that it keeps up with everything pretty well and it's easy to use, fast, and efficient. Their sales members were all very helpful too. I've had some technical issues and the technical support comes up here and they're always pretty quick to help. They almost seem to know how to fix it and they've all been good. So far, they've been a great company to work with. Harbortouch has been easy to deal with and I don't really have to worry about it with all the reports and stuff.

Harbortouch seemed to fit our needs and I know the guy who was selling it so I knew I could call him if I ever had a problem. We have the point-of-sale screen from Harbortouch and they got me a new computer to do the sales with the cash register. It's easy to use. We're a retail store so we use it for our point-of-sale where people come to buy stuff, give us money, use their credit card and we’d punch them with the guy that punches out the receipt, showing what they bought and how much it was. And at the end of the day, I get a total of all the sales and use that for taxes. We’ve had some problems with shutdown, but we usually got it taken care of. So far, it hasn’t been fantastic, but it's been good and I'm happy with it.

When we bought this business, there were some people right down the street who were telling us about Harbortouch. We were still on an old register system and I wanted to go to a POS system. The sales people were great and super helpful. Anytime I had anything, I'd call them direct. They brought the whole system in, mocked it up into the other room and me and my wife played around on the thing. We sent them our menu earlier and they brought lots of demos. They showed us how it worked and that's what kind of sold us on that. Then the guys came out once we sent all the information for an entire bar with wine list. So they got a hold of that and the menu and put it all into the system. Once all that is complete, they came out, trained all my people in an afternoon and everybody caught on real fast.

The Harbortouch system always worked great for us. We've had a few glitches here and there like if the internet goes down but nothing major. However, I don't like that the printers are different sized papers. I've got the thermal printer upfront and the one that goes back in the kitchen isn't thermal paper. But they're not the same size so I have two different types of paper. But other than that, the system is user-friendly and it's easy to use. So far, the only time I've called anybody is to order paper. There was one-time that we had a glitch over an entire weekend, which was kind of odd. But they sent out an email and a text that said they're having problems with their server and they're working on it. It's not a huge surprise and I didn't have to call anybody. I already knew there was a problem and I was contacted by text so I was good.

I went in and gave a good review to the Better Business Bureau online. I was reading all the negative stuff and we haven't experienced any of that stuff. I was totally surprised. A lot of people were saying that it was way overpriced and it was an antiquated system. But I have worked with other systems and this one is not antiquated at all. I had a lot more glitches with other systems. I've recommended them to somebody else.

I am thankfully at the end of my contract. Got like 8 months left and I will have lived through this absolutely terrible company. Just wanted to take a moment and try to keep this from happening to someone else. I'm a retired banker that opened a little bar in my little hometown so I know both sides of this coin and this is not a good company to have in control of your money. You will come out the loser every time if you deal with them so just don't.

I was moving locations and I used to have a different system before, I had it since 2007 and it was a fantastic system, but extremely expensive. So, I was just looking for a cheaper alternative. So, I called Harbortouch and we went from there. For that other system, I had paid $14,000 back in 2007. Harbortouch was free and their tech support is $122. While the other company's tech support was $145 a month. After one year when the contract warranty runs out, they charge you $145 per month for tech support and they won't even answer the phone unless you are part of the tech support. That annoyed the hell out of me because you're paying $1,400 a year after you had paid nearly $15,000 for the system. So, I wasn't going to go with them. It was really good though and Harbortouch is not as intuitive for pizza places, but their customer service is extremely good from what I have experienced.

Before we opened, I was talking to the rep. From what he was telling me, I wanted to do online ordering and he said to go with a different version of the same system. He told me to go use the restaurant version. They programmed it with my menu and they sent it over. It was installed and while I was still training myself on it, I realize that this will not work, because delivery is our stable mainstay and that wasn't really designed for delivery. I don't know why they have done that, but that's what they've done. So, I called them back and they tried to talk me into staying with it and I said, "No, this is not going to work. I won't have a business left."

To their credit, he spoke with his boss and within the next day he called me back and he said, "Okay, we send you the new hard drive and we'll walk you through it. So, all you have to do is just swap it over." So, they reprogrammed the whole system again into the QSR as they call it. It was just a breeze. I used to be with Heartland before and Heartland rates are a lot cheaper. But at the moment, at least, I'm not complaining, because even the cheapest systems cost you $3,000 to $5,000 for pizza.

I know my wife keeps telling me that is not going to work because she's used to the old system. But I say to her that I haven't paid too much money for it. So, I'll just work with whatever I can. Whenever I have a problem, I called tech support. With the other company, they used to have a different type of support. There was a technical support for hardware or software problems and then, there was a training tech support where if you had a question about how to do a certain thing on the program, then that wasn't covered by the tech support, that was a training support. Which costs an additional hundred dollars for that. So, that's really annoying to have.

I'm not saying Harbortouch is the best system for a pizza place. It's not. It's not very intuitive. There are problems with it in the sense that you have to follow a certain process. If you don't, then if the customer changes their mind later on, you're going to take everything off and start all over again, which is really annoying when you're very busy. But it is what it is. In time, they should improve.

My boss wanted to update everything and he brought Harbortouch in. We have one cash drawer and then one screen and I like that it's fast and it's a lot easier doing all the inventory. But when we had this set up, the sales rep said that it was compatible with Tableside. We found out that it's not so we need to get another screen in. With that, my boss is not too happy right now with the sales rep. He's been trying to contact him to get another screen put in, and we haven't heard anything from him. But the technicians that have helped me through setting everything up has been amazing. They walk me through it, so I don't have to call them back. They know exactly what I'm talking about and have all been extremely nice and didn't make me feel like, "Oh, my God. This is so easy. Why can't she get this?" They've been really good to work with. Overall, my experience with Harbortouch has been very good.

When we bought the business two years ago, Harbortouch was already in place. We have the Lighthouse equipment and it's two screens with two printers by the actual computers and then we have another printer in the kitchen. The equipment is okay but it has some bugs in it that we work around. It’s not perfect but it works as far as what we need it for. Also, I’ve had a lot of interaction with the customer service and customer support team for different issues like when the system was down and when we had a programming issue, and they’ve been really good. I’ve always been able to get a hold of somebody and they’d walk me through the issue.

I decided to go with Harbortouch because of the rates of the credit card. Also their sales team was good. They helped me with everything I need and they were timely. I have their touchscreen register and I like the speed of transactions. But their technical support team was absolutely horrible. The last time they upgraded the system, I was on the phone for two and half hours straight with the Harbortouch. I was so mad I was about to change this register.

Whenever I talk to them, it takes 5 minutes to solve the problem. So them itself is not the problem. It's just getting in contact with them takes 45 minutes every time. It's too much wait and last Sunday nobody picked up. So I will not recommend them to anybody. To tell the truth, if I didn't have the deal with them, I would have gotten a new register. Or if I couldn't operate that whole day, next day, that register would have been outside since whenever my keyboard isn't working, I had to get the keyboard out manually and that thing was a pain in the ass. But if it was a credit card machine and that happened in the whole day and I get no business, that actually would have been outside on Monday and I would've called them, "That's your register and take it." So they need to mostly work on their customer service. But everything else is good.

We had a restaurant over in Charles City and we used the Aloha system for ten years.When we contacted our guy, he had told us about the Harbortouch system and that they had gone over to this and recommended the system for us. We have four computers and one cash drawer at the moment. We also had a portable credit card machine. I like that the program has lot of potential with capabilities on the reservations and seating charts.

My husband and I owned the company. A lot of times, the initial wait to be able to get a representative on the phone can be very frustrating. We have on average about a 45-minute wait every time we tried to call before we finally get somebody on the phone to help us. The computers have gone down on us so many times. It's been a little discouraging. With the new update that's gone on, I went from the 4.0 version, I haven't been able to access any of my numbers from the online log in for weeks and it has made it difficult to do my payroll. This last few weeks have been a little discouraging. I'm almost at the point where I said to my husband, "If we can't get the system to work for us, I'd really rather go with something else."

Somebody came here and introduced Harbortouch to me. They said they’d give me a better price but I’m not getting one. After I signed the contract, I tried to call the sales team to cancel but they said I’m in a contract for five years and I'd have to pay a cancellation fee of $5,000. They told me about the cancellation before but I didn’t expect that much.

I want them to be fair. I have a fee with the service that I need to cancel and they're not going to help me to pay for that. Now, I have to run two companies at the same time, and I still have to pay the first company although I never use it because I already have Harbortouch, who doesn’t want to pay for the $400 termination fee for the first company. They should do that since I switched. Most companies do. After I signed the contract, I called them and asked why they won't pay for the cancellation, and they say that they cannot do anything because they’ve already hooked up the contract.

I found Harbortouch on Craigslist and when I called them, I liked what I heard. So, I went with it and purchased their Touchscreen POS. My interactions with their sales team have been great and every time I call up, they help out. I like the 24/7 service of their tech team and their customer service has been great. They’ve helped me out and if they can't figure out the issue, they find someone that can. Overall, it's been a good experience.

Mitch, the Harbortouch sales rep, happened to see that we opened the second location of our pizza restaurant. He then stopped by, introduced himself, and did a demo. We’re already set to go with what we are using at our other store. However, we went with Harbortouch, and a big factor of us choosing them is their seamless online ordering system. In our previous system, the order would come in and flash up on the iPad as email then we would have to enter that data into our point of sales system to create a kitchen ticket to start production. But with Harbortouch, when someone places an online order, it goes straight to kitchen ticket right into production.

The rep, Mitch, has been professional and answered all my questions. His claim to fame was he offer superior support to his customers, but I was highly skeptical. He mentioned a few accounts he had. I didn’t tell him everyone who I knew that he had on his account and I made some phone calls and checked up on him. A couple of people I talked to had good things to say about him. They weren't 100% sold on the Harbortouch system, but they were 100% sold on Mitch. Whenever they had an issue, Mitch took care of it and that has since been my experience as well. Like when I had an issue with getting a report and I faxed them. It was frustrating to try to pull those reports and they’re just saying the data is available. I don’t have their smartphone number so I faxed Mitch asking for support number and he just took care of it and emailed me the reports.

But Harbortouch is about as good as it gets for the cost, though it's far less than perfect. Although what I’m really confused about, which if I had known this in the front end I probably would not have gone with Harbortouch, is that Harbortouch has a system for wait staff and a system for delivery. Considering that we are a pizza delivery business and we don’t have wait staff that would be a better service for us. However, their online ordering system which is the main feature for why we signed up for Harbortouch, is only available for the wait staff system.

If I had known that beforehand, I would have questioned the decisions made by the company to do that because you don’t need an online ordering system for a wait staff. However, you do need that and you do need a driver dispatch system when you're in delivery business. We don’t have a delivery dispatch and we had to take what we most wanted which was the delivery and that’s where we're at. For most businesses of our nature, I would recommend Harbortouch but with those disclosures, so they might consider looking somewhere and compare with somewhere else.

My cousin is a good friend of the CEO of Harbortouch. He told me to get Harbortouch since he takes care of the credit card processing. They came and showed me the ease of using the system. I got two POS systems and a printer. I used to have another company and the system was really hard to use and was hard to add something on the new computer. But our Harbortouch system is really easy to use. I call them whenever something is wrong and they fix it pretty fast. Awhile ago the hard drive of my brain went bad so it was a whole ordeal. Harbortouch took over for a couple of weeks to get it going because they couldn't figure out what was wrong, but they finally did and shipped me a new hard drive and installed it. Everything is good now. However, they should do something about the credit card reader. It takes four or five tries to read the credit card every time.

Harbortouch Company Profile