toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

My mother, who's one of the owners here, actually used the Harbortouch system in one of her old restaurants. I'm one of the managers here and I deal with the Harbortouch system all day. We use three different systems — a printer in the kitchen, a printer for the baristas, and a printer leading into our café. Everything works well with the systems in getting the tickets where they need to go. I most definitely like how easy it is to send certain items to different printers in the right place. My only complaint, though, is the waiting time on the phone and I wish there's something they can do about that. I usually deal with a lot of the issues and at times there's a problem with the system or the computer goes down. Sometimes, it takes a little time to get somebody on the line, but once I do so, the reps are extremely helpful and I'm very pleased. Overall, my experience with Harbortouch has been satisfactory and they were efficient.

Harbortouch matched what I had before, as far as my credit card fees. The actual system also seemed pretty good for us. I got two computers and three printers. I'm putting another PT station, so I'm going to need another printer too. My original salesman was great. He was able to explain the product and services while being professional and courteous, but it was hard to get a hold of him. And then, they had me with a girl who did not know the product real well. The system is also already outdated as far as what I see online. There's newer equipment that's already out there.

Additionally, my interaction with their reps is not so good. I had equipment that failed and we got something shipped out. We didn’t get it when we were supposed to have it. If you have to send something back and they don't receive it back in a certain amount of time, they charge you for the equipment. It all worked out and they made good for everything, but the whole thing at that time was just frustrating. If you go and look at consumers' reviews on Harbortouch, you will see a lot of people who speak poorly about it. But I think there's just a lot of people that are out there bashing another company because of the fees. I run almost $50,000 worth of credit cards through Harbortouch every month and I pay about $11,000. And I'm okay with that. I pay a ridiculous amount of fees and expenses with Harbortouch, but aside from the fees Harbortouch is a pretty good company. The system works for us and it's user-friendly. All my waitresses get it. Even when we have new waitresses, they adapt to it pretty fast.

One of Harbortouch's vendors wrote to my business and offered me their product. He told me that was the best choice as it save time and food. He's really active. Also, everybody is friendly. I call them for whatever I need and they help me a lot. We have three POS systems and three printers from them. Everything is fast and comfortable for every employee like their clock in, clock out, food-wise, inventory and sales. They'd be adding everything up later. Customer service is polite and nice. They have time for you even if you take a little bit longer and they'll walk you through the process. Everything's doing good. That's the best choice I did and we've recommended them.

They sent a representative out that swore there was no contract needed. Upon "Agreeing" to use their machine, they have immediately added fees, and stated we signed a contract preventing us from canceling. They will NOT answer their phone, nor return emails. We are now working with our District Attorney, as well as Contacting the State of Oregon Attorney General, as well as the Better Business Bureau. Harbortouch is a New Jersey Corporation. Trying to find out what the corporate name is, as well as the name of registered agent. BBB shows they have an 82% negative rating. Jared Isaacman is the founder. I will publish his home street address when I find it. Again. They use tactics that are borderline criminal. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I think this is an absolute criminal, horrible company. The gentleman that signed us up said that they were from a law firm going after credit card processing company transaction fees, he totally misled us. He asked to see our previous credit card processing statements. For at least an hour we did not know what company he was even with, then after we faxed him over what he needed, he revealed that he could save us a bundle of money. There was no contract, it only applied to people that had the POS system not just a credit card terminal. The gentleman's name was Brandon ** and his superior is Michelle **. Underwriting was done after the fact that we had signed the form thinking we were part of the lawsuit. And it ended up being this credit card processing company, to which Bruce from the risk department capped our account at $500 after freezing our account for over two weeks.

We are a bridal florist in a town with eight wedding venues. This is our busy time of year, this was a huge hassle. I was happier with my previous company Priority Payment systems. When I contacted Michelle to let her know that I was deceived and I was not happy, she said in, "Let me earn your business," to which I did and Bruce from the risk department tried to tell me exactly how to run my business, how much I could ask down when I could collect the balances and so forth. Not having any idea how my industry works and I have to pay for my flowers 3 to 4 weeks in advance to ensure the specialty flowers that bride is wanting. For that he said "you should have operating money…" Well I do, and I also have contracts in place in case there's any type of cancellation, but I really feel like with each wedding that particular bride should be the one to pay for her wedding.

Not to mention I do not want a declined credit card after I have gone through months of work… it has been my policy and the way I've done business for 13 years. I have a great reputation, I am a professional at what I do. I went over my bridal contract with an attorney when I wrote it up, and I don't need advice from some guy in the risk department at a credit card company to tell me how to do business. So he said that from now on any transaction over $500 will be flagged and I will have to send multiple documentation. They will need to contact my customer to approve the sale and on and on and on. These people have made my life a living hell during the busiest time of the year. I called to cancel and they have not sent me the cancellation form. I asked Michelle to please waive the cancellation fee because this company was not a good fit for my business, and I have not heard back from anyone.

If Jared the CEO reads this, please understand that how your sales reps represent your company is what either brings you customers or, they hang up the phone because they don't want to be bothered with a company that is going to make their life more difficult, not less difficult. I know these people are independent contractors, but at some point there has to be some accountability, and you have to take responsibility for what these people say and what they do not disclose, how they lie, and what they're doing to get people to sign a agreement that they had no idea they were signing. There was so much that was not disclosed prior to signing. I never ever would've gone down this road, not only do I not recommend HarborTouch but I am telling everyone I know including channel 7 news, the level of deception and the level of criminality that this company functions in. If you ever get a call from this company hang it up and block the call.

The only way I would change this review is if HarborTouch let me out of this contract because this company is honestly not a good fit for my business, and all I want is to do is my job and move forward, instead of being taken for a ride and have to go through hoops to make your underwriting happy. I have never had one charge back in 13 years, you've got years and years of credit card processing statements to prove that, and this is absolutely outrageous. It's very sad that shady merchants have made honest merchants lives miserable with this company and I'm sorry for that. But I am a good honest merchant, I am VP of the Chamber of Commerce in this town and I have an impeccable reputation.

I give your company and absolute F. I have had three other credit card processing companies, and not one of them used these deceptive tactics, froze my account or failed to disclose all info prior to signing. My experience is if there is a contract, it is generally because they know people will cancel on them and they want to steal their money to ensure they cover their back's, rather than earn their business in an honest way like I do. Shame on HarborTouch!!! I also never received a welcome package, I have not received my contract, the only thing I have is my application form, very unprofessional! If I did business like this I wouldn't be writing this 13 years later, I would've been long gone. And to finish this, I have to go down to my flower shop and look at my merchant number on my credit card terminal to even know what my merchant account number is, absolutely pitiful.

And still Michelle ** has not acknowledged my complaint. She has not called me back, she has not sent the cancellation forms, no contact at all have I received from your company. And Bruce in the risk department… This should've all been done before I even received my terminal, when your funds are frozen you tell me how we are supposed to operate as a business, the time it takes to make the phone calls to wait on hold for endless amounts of time, to present document after document to prove transparency, and yet this is how you guys operate? That's a double standard if I've ever seen one.

Channel 7 is doing an investigation on you guys, your sales people need to be trained better. They need to be honest and transparent, and quit just trying to get that immediate commission, without really caring about the client. By the way two weeks later and I still have not received my cancellation form, nor have I received a call back from Michelle **, I did let them take out the first month’s transaction fees as I have run none other… It looks like I'm paying about 3.5% which is way higher than Priority Payment systems, which was my previous credit card company.

Harbortouch is easy to use. I like the touchscreen. We got the retail POS system and the little credit card machine on the side. Also, the Harbortouch team has been great when I reached out to them on how to do inventory with the POS system.

Harbortouch had no upfront cost. Their salespeople were friendly and they knew the problems exactly, but the technical support is different. No one knows what's going on, so I always get transferred to someone else until I finally get that one person who's been there for a while. But once you get a hold of them, they are friendly and knowledgeable too. Also, I have two POS systems with three printers and I like the detailed information such as taxes. In each order, I can go back and look up the history. However, to resend tickets back to the kitchen, I have to go back and delete the tickets and put them back in.

We have Harbortouch's POS system and I like it. Their rep, Sandra, treats me good. And overall, the system and their service are good.

Harbortouch overcharged me for few years as cc processing provider for few years! Processing hundreds of thousands of dollars at the rate as high as 3%! My current provider does it at 1.9%. I'm contemplating to sue those ** for all that money they took. After I moved to another company, they keep charging me about $40 a month!

Harbortouch showed up in my business and said they were installing cash registers. The owner of this shop decided to go with them because of the price. We ended up purchasing two point-of-sale systems. The first bar code scanners that I got did not work at all but we got the upgraded ones and they work like a dream. The simplicity of the equipment is what I like most. Plus, every time I call customer service with a question, I always get a quick response. Overall, it was an amazing and fantastic experience.

My boss liked that with Harbortouch, he didn’t have to pay for the system and there was just a monthly fee. He got a standalone credit card, a cash register and two printers on it. It was easy to use and it made a lot of things faster. Also, I had conversations with their team and they were friendly and helpful as well.

The Harbortouch system is easy to maneuver around and gives us a lot of information as far as inventory. It is also easy to get and we configured it out pretty good. Though we had some problems with our system that just kept not being resolved, the Harbortouch representatives were quick to respond. So far, everything is running smoothly and I like that it is user-friendly.

We were in the process of buying a business from the previous owners and we were switching from our other point-of-sale system. We liked that Harbortouch was located in Allentown and the main hub was fairly nearby. Also, the customer service was more available and the technical support is great. Harbortouch was also a slightly younger company. My husband said that the set-up process was easy. A guy came and got it all running. He went through how to do the basics and off we went. We have four point-of-sale computers and four printers in the dining room and three printers in our kitchen. It's a very straightforward system. I like the touchscreen and they're compact, which is great. It's user-friendly and easy to figure out.

Also, when I'm trying to figure out how to do something, when I'm confused or occasionally if someone is moving too quickly on the brain and it's kind of freezing a little bit, I always panic and call their customer service. It's always a short wait unless there's a serious issue across the board. They're always very helpful and informative and I like how easy it is to get a hold of someone when we have an issue.

I took over as the general manager of a company a few years ago and I had to start from the bottom up. So, I Googled “number one POS system” and Harbortouch came up. And since I knew nothing about POS systems, I just went with Harbortouch. I'm not happy with them at all but I'm deep in it right now. There are not enough people that are contracted to serve at Harbortouch in Pennsylvania where I’m at. I was fortunate enough by state to have this guy that sells Harbortouch in Albany. They came to my place that was contracted to Harbortouch to come and fix my system and he's like, "I'm typically not a contractor but they needed somebody desperately."

I run a golf course but its owner doesn't live around here. She does have access to Harbortouch online but she couldn't get reports. So, I print them out from the actual machine and fax them over to her. But it hasn't been a good experience. We were experiencing a lot of problems with the system disconnecting. When I called customer service, they’d always say it’s my CAT 5 wire and I ended up shutting down Harbortouch from the PC, turning the whole system down, then rebooting both. But the gentleman that has been helping me said, “They're helping you from their PC and all they see is one thing. They don't see you're interacting up your mechanics and can't tell that you have a faulty chip." He had me run a diagnostic test and that's how we found out that was the problem. It's been really difficult because we're a busy business with a golf course and a restaurant and we have not had a great time of it with Harbortouch.

I have two screens, one brain, and a register. I wouldn't say I'm computer literate but I was on the phone taking apart the back of the system and putting a new chip in it which you never want to do when you spend as much as you do with Harbortouch. I want somebody to come and fix it but Harbortouch would always say that we’re going to have to pay for a contractor to come there even though it’s not my problem that we have a faulty device. The contractors that Harbortouch sent me originally were disgusting and they look like homeless people. They didn't know what they were doing either. They were here for hours and they smelled. It was horrendous. I said, "Never send them again" but the very next time I needed a contractor, they sent the same people. The system is easy to adapt to but as far as the back end of things, that hasn't been good. It's been frustrating.

I left it up to the owners of the company to handle this, but our system was down every day half the day. There should be some compensation for a customer that does not have a system that works on a regular basis. The main problem I have is when something does happen to Harbortouch, I can't afford to have a bartender on hold for three hours when they've got a full bar. I have a small staff so I don't have an extra person to sit on the phone on hold. When we were first with Harbortouch, we called and got connected immediately. There were some major issues with Harbortouch in the last six months where we couldn't get reports online, our system was going down constantly and we're on hold for hours to speak with somebody. I’m dissatisfied with the service and it's been a nightmare.

Harbortouch called me and they gave me a good deal. Then they put me on as a beta tester for about three months and now I’m on the regular one. I’m using the equipment as a register and it works fine. I also like the daily reports. Every now and then it rears its ugly head but they’ve been very good about helping me get it fixed. Every now and then it wants to fight me on a credit card. So I call them and they clear it out and fix it for me. Everything is working good and I’m happy with all the customer services including the IT help that I've had whenever anything happens. They have their wait time once in a while but it has been accessible. I'm pleased with Harbortouch and I'm going to stay with them.

We were having issues with our former provider and then Harbortouch came with a better option with new equipment. It was a better cost for the owners. The sales representative was also very friendly and she helped us out a lot. Then the technicians, who looked really professional, came and helped us with our installation and we are very pleased. And so far, everything is working well and the equipment is easy to handle. I like the message options because it lets the cooks know what we really want for our customers so everything is fast. Also, I like that Harbortouch technical support is always willing to help us out every time I call and I appreciate that they don’t make me wait long.

The restaurant was already open for about a year when I moved here. And I’ve used Harbortouch in the past but it was already here at that time I got this job so everything was already in place. We have the Harbortouch POS systems with the registers. If we had issues, their support team take care of it in a timely fashion and they were really helpful. Everything has been good, so far. And the overall experience with Harbortouch was very satisfying.

I like Harbortouch's system and it has a lot more capabilities that I could utilize on. I just have to call one of their representatives and ask different questions sometime when I’m not open. I've started making a note here and there but I have to find a rep to guide me through it. However, the system has been good to me. I had bought two POS systems in the years I've owned the lounge and the first one had gone down and the second one was giving me grief. I gave Harbortouch a call and studied it for a while and decided it was the angle I wanted to go. I had very few problems with it and they took care of it. Harbortouch have implemented new items over the two years I've had it. They’ve been very helpful. I’ll tell them I got some changes I needed and they do them immediately.

The only major problems we ever had with it was right off the start. I didn’t process cards because I didn’t know how and one morning it had locked itself up but they unlocked it and told me their card processing center. And I said that I'm getting ready to start taking them if they give me a rundown on how to run them. One time, we had a power outage sometime in the night and I couldn’t make it come back up but I got them on the phone and they had it up in just a couple of minutes. They were very efficient.

The thing I like the most about the equipment is its capabilities of tracking the inventory in the lounge although I haven't learned that process yet. They know this thing rings everything in by what it is, whether it’s a can of Bud Light or a bottle of Bud Light or a can of Coke or a glass of fountain Coke. It keeps people a little bit more honest because this is a very high pilferage business. I can go through it in the mornings and see what was sold on the shift the night before. When I'm not here I can scan down through it and see what goes out. I had people that I heard through the grapevine that have quizzed me on going to work and then changed their minds and they’re no-hire. Somebody said one time that they didn’t come to work for me because they’re scared to death of my system. They didn’t want to work under a system like that. I’m very satisfied with Harbortouch and when this contract is up, I'll renew again.

We had a rep from Harbortouch come out here. And we purchased two monitors from Harbortouch. One in the front bar and then everything else is on the back bar. Every once in a while, the monitor will go down but I usually just have to turn it off. One time, we had to replace the monitor but it was for the front bars. Overall, the system gives me information that I needed on a day-to-day basis as far as the beers. And when I got to do my beer order, I just go down to the last four days and figure out how much beer I sold and how much I need of each kind. Overall, I like Harbortouch and I’m happy with it.

Harbortouch are criminals. They get you to believe you have to get approved for their POS system by getting you to sign an application. They tell you the register is free if approved. They get all your personal info along with a voided check. They tell you the voided check is send your credit and debit card sales to your bank. They don't tell you that by signing the application you are signing a 3 year contract with a thousand dollars early terminations fee. They dont tell you about the monthly fee and annual fee. Dont sign no application. Dont give them a voided check. They are crooks.

Your customer service is HORRIBLE!!! Our system goes down AT LEAST once to three times a week! Problems NEVER get resolved or if they do it's temporary! Get disconnected all time and while they have the phone number of both the person calling in AND the restaurant phone number they do not call back. They pull the old "I'm sorry I can't hear you. Can you hear me?" So you think they would call back but no. Also I or my staff have had times when we have been on the phone with your reps one time 5 hours in one day, the average time on phone with you guys is 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This is time my managers are taken away from my business, staff and customers!

The pattern seems to be that by restaurant gets the equipment that does things you have had to deal with before because the response from your techs is always, "We have never seen this before," and then they put us on hold forever then come back and say they have to take it to "the next level" and they will have to call us back. Which we have now figured out is code for just get us off the phone because you have no intention to fix it!!!! We NEVER get called back so we tend to like to stay on the phone until problem is resolved which can be hours. Our system seems to go down on a regular basis when we are extremely busy like a FRI or SAT night. They just freeze up. Then when we call it takes 10 to 20 mins to get a live person on the phone and then they have the nerve to tell you to calm down. REALLY??!!

I have 200 plus people in my restaurant, phones ringing off the hook for c/o and delivery and people standing in front of me of pick ups and to pay for the tickets and we can't do anything and I'm supposed to CALM DOWN?! If this just happened once in a while I would understand however it's all the time. As a matter of fact I'm typing this as we are on hold and working with one of your techs right now and this call is now been over an HOUR! I told him which station was not working (5) right upfront. 5 mins in he said station (3) and I said, "NO. I never said (3). I said (5)." "Oh." After a half hour of him having us do several "things" to station (5) we realize that he was on station (2) that WHOLE TIME!!!! Unbelievable!

We have a station (2) that we have been paying for and have not been able to use for several months because you have not been able to fix it! You keep sending me parts and they don't work. Have I gotten any credit for it? NO! I feel we are doing your job, we are asked to plug, unplug, switch printers, cables run back and forth between stations on a regular basis. Myself and management staff have spent numerous hours on the phone with your company with absolutely no compensation whatsoever. It is ridiculous the amount of time spent on a system that does NOT work properly! Do I expect a response to this message? HA. No it will be like every other dealing we have had with your company.

The Harbortouch system's self-explanatory. It's easy to learn and use. One of the girls knows the ins and outs of Harbortouch that she’s basically read the owner’s manual front to cover. However, we had a rewards program put on there and had a lot of issues with it that we had to turn it back in because the FiveStars product we bought wasn’t affiliated with Harbortouch no matter what we did. We had two issues where both times, we were down for multiple hours that we didn’t use our desktop at all. Every time we would try to use our FiveStars, our Harbortouch would crash. So, Harbortouch tech support knows us quite well right now. Somebody ended up having to call the corporate office for Harbortouch and deal with it that way. Then, the last person we talked to hung up on people multiple times. Other than that, I like the system. We’ve got a little thing on here that’s got our restaurant name and it flips back and forth to different promotions that we have.

I purchased Harbortouch with the business. We have a POS with a cash register. I'm too small so I don't use the system the way it should be but it works.

We've got Harbortouch at all three of the owner's clubs and it's the easiest POS system we've ever used. Overall, our experience has been great.

We got the Harbortouch touch screen POS system and I like how it’s easy to work with. It’s a lot like our old system which we wanted. They were very good at customizing how it looked on the screen from our old to our new Harbortouch system so that was nice for training in purposes. There were three individuals who set it up and they were awesome. Whenever I have a problem, I can call them and they've always been very helpful.

A friend of mine informed me about Harbortouch five years ago. We have a POS system and it suited my business. It holds a lot of items and scans the credit card all in one. They do the merchant service too, so we can scan the credit card. It helps the business and we're happy with it. Moreover, their customer service is always helpful. We leave a message if they're busy and they always call back.

Our friend who owns a restaurant introduced us to Harbortouch. We were debating between Harbortouch and another company, but the other company kept on sending us e-mails which annoyed us to the point that we didn't even bother with them. We like that Harbortouch has one of the only local sales rep we had when we called people in while everybody else was dealing online. So we went with Harbortouch and I got a receipt printer for the kitchen, the terminal for the restaurant and we're grabbing an iPad for a season and downloading the app, as well for it. The only complaint I have is sometimes the touch screen of the computer would randomly freeze for 20 seconds. But we’re satisfied overall with Harbortouch.

The sales rep of Harbortouch came in to see me about their credit card processing. And since I was due for an upgrade, I purchased the register setup and POS system from them. I like that their equipment is newer. However, I called their customer service a couple of times because the printer wasn’t working. But they were able to fix it remotely and pretty quickly, too.

We had signs made by someone who had the Harbortouch POS and I liked it. What he showed me was for his business though and I was under the impression that it would be converted for our business. However, when I received it, it was strictly for restaurants and our facility is a sporting outfit, but for activities, not wear. We have indoor cages and we give lessons in football, baseball and softball.

The system has tables, sections and how much the tip should be and I really don’t need everything that’s on there. When I first got it, I tried to correct that several times but I was told that it would be too hard. However, it does register everything, including check, cash and credit cards and I like it. That’s what I need and that’s what I’ve been using, so I have had no complaints about that. I just look for the lessons to set it up but it still is hard for me to make any changes. I’m very illiterate to this computer stuff and every time I touch it, I do something wrong. Then I have to call technical support to get me out of it.

When I spoke to the salesman Dan five years ago, he did not make me aware that this was strictly for restaurants and did not quite tell me everything that I was supposed to know. I thought that he would help me out with the system because it was the first time I’ve ever gotten a cash register that's doing everything for the counter. But when I called him back, he had already quit. His voice message said, “I got your message. And if I feel like, I’ll call you back.” I reported what kind of response I got and that I was unhappy with him. But now he's back and I've told them I don’t even want to see him.

In addition to that, I was only recently told by Rebecca that I had two contracts. I only signed one, however it was snuck in there somehow and I ended up signing two. One was for five years, which is for the POS and the other one was a three-year contract which was to be renewed if I didn’t renew it myself automatically. That’s the one I was not aware of. I also called several months ago to find out when my expiration date was due and they told me August the 23rd. And I went through the whole thing about what I was supposed to pay, $35 a month plus the swipes and the percentages and they never told that there were two contracts. One which expired two years ago and was automatically renewed. And I was not aware of that.

I've also spoken with Rebecca again because I was interested in keeping Harbortouch at a lower rate. I talked to them about discontinuing the credit card simply because it was costing me $200 a month, which to me is a whole lot. We’re a small outfit and we're not making that much money. They told me I would still be charged even if I stop using a credit card and if I wanted to break the contract, I got to come up with a one-time payment for a total of the remainder of the contract. And that's $35 for the next 24 months. I also spoke to someone in customer service to see if I can keep the POS and still service my clientele. However, they told me I own the hardware once it's paid for, but not the software, which was another thing that I was not aware of.

It’s not everything that I was led to believe, but then again, I didn’t ask and that’s my fault. But overall, the equipment is fine and I can deal with that even with the problems that I’ve been having. My dissatisfaction is with the people, especially with the salesperson that sold me this. But the technical support, Rebecca, has been very pleasant.

Harbortouch Company Profile