toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

I signed up with Harbortouch in 2014. My salesperson promised me the world. I was hesitant so I asked for, and received a modified agreement stating I was locked into a 6 month "Trial" and not the standard 5 year plan. I received my hardware and began using the processing in my business. As we are small boutique, the system was terribly difficult to add product. The reporting was cumbersome. The proprietary software would not interact with my normal printer, therefore reports could only be viewed on the screen. During my 6 month trial, my sales person never came back. While I could, and did call the company, their help was prompt, but the needs of me did not outweigh the needs of the company. Therefore, I elected to cease using Harbortouch. I contacted the company (since my sales person wouldn't call me and his number has no voice mail...and still doesn't) and asked to cancel.

I was sent documentation that stated I would be charged $69 per month for hardware for the remaining time on my 5 year agreement (4.5 years). I would not sign this and made several attempts to contact the company to get things sorted out. Several calls and months later, no solution. I had, however, stopped using the POS and moved onto a different provider. Harbortouch continued to charge me $69/mo for hardware and $35/mo for "basic subscription". Then my father got sick and passed away. I was out of the shop for several months. When I returned, I attempted to solve the issue again as I was tired of paying over $100 a month for a service that was horrible and I was no longer using. Again, I was told to send in the paperwork. This time, I did, but crossed off the place where it said they would charge me. Then never cancelled my account, stating they never received my paperwork.

Now, I complained and was told there is no record of my agreement, only a form I signed stating 60 months. The modified agreement is nowhere to be found on their end. I have it here on my end. In the past week, I have left not less than 6 messages for the manager to contact me. No response. Initially, his Voice Mail box had a woman's name on it. Now it doesn't have any name. I completed the paperwork and submitted it as I was told 6 days ago I needed to do it in order to keep from getting charged the $35/mo fee. Now, I have almost $3000 taken from my bank account for the hardware fees. Still...no answer back from Harbortouch. Also, the proprietary hardware is password protected so I cannot even use the computer if I wanted to. It is literally a paperweight at this point. It should be noted that a woman with their company did offer to refund 3 months of the fees they took from my account.

I agreed to this because while I was dealing with my sick father and ultimately his death, I probably could have tried harder to cancel during that 5 month period. I didn't. So, I was under the impression there was a compromise. Turns out, she was only authorized to refund 3 months of the $35 fee and not the hardware fee. It still hasn't been refunded either. Harbortouch is only interested in cheating their customers out of their hard earned money. They are not interested in honoring their agreements. Their sales people are only in it for the money and won't call you back. Their managers refuse to work toward conflict resolution. And, at the end of the day, they will take your money without providing any service for it. My attorney will be contacting their legal department (which you can only get an email address for, no phone number) and we will go from there.

Harbortouch

We want to apologize again for the disruption to your POS system last weekend. We just want to reiterate that we did not cause this problem - it was caused by an update to a third-party anti-virus software that is used on some of our systems. We had no control over this update being released. However, we took responsibility for fixing it and quickly initiated an all-hands-on-deck effort to address the problem as rapidly as possible. We have never had such a processing disruption in our 17 years in business and have already begun implementing a number of measures to make sure that there is never a future reoccurrence.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The Harbortouch team usually solve whatever issue I have. But this latest one where our system was down and can't process any transactions and run any credit cards, it’s irritating. We’ve lost a lot of business and our system wasn't communicating with our printer so our orders weren't coming up. Harbortouch said it was a glitch in the system. So it's happening nationwide.

The restaurant I used to work at had Harbortouch so I added them to where I am now. I like its simplicity and its 24/7 support. Although their customer service was great, their sales team was not so great. They should have a salesman that would be willing to meet and sit down with clients.

Harbortouch

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our support department. As you referenced, a third-party anti-virus software pushed out an update on Saturday that caused some issues on some of our POS systems. One of the related issues was with the receipt printer settings which many of our support representatives were focused on fixing throughout the weekend. We added numerous staff to our support departments on Saturday and Sunday specifically to address these issues, but unfortunately they were not all trained on other processing issues since this was a very focused support effort. Regardless, they should have quickly transferred you to a representative that could help with your issue at that time and not made you wait for a callback. I am reaching out to our support team now to have someone contact you as soon as possible to address your issue. Again, I apologize for this experience and hope we can get your issue resolved for you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

When we first got Harbortouch they were amazing!!! We never once had an issue calling them and getting situations resolved. Yesterday the system crashed and I understood the 2-hr wait time but we got our system back up and running the next afternoon but I had to call them to get a credit card situation fixed and out of system. After sitting on phone for an hour got a customer service associate that first didn't listen, let alone help me!!! She insisted my printer was working when I never once said a word about my printer.

So I wasted an hour of my busy day to be told she can't do anything to help but she will have someone call me. So for what reason was she even answering a phone that she knew absolutely nothing about the department but to check if a printer works or doesn't work. Then when I tell her that I waited an hour on phone for absolutely nothing she tells me no one waits on phone for an hour. The hell if I didn't. I'm running a very busy restaurant with a phone to my ear from 4:08 pm - 5:12 pm just to be told, "I can't help you but I'll have someone else" when they get a chance and then never even received a call!!! I would never recommend this company. Can't wait for contract to finish so we can get away from this horrendous service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Harbortouch

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experiences with Harbortouch. We truly strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction, so we take your complaint very seriously. We will have a representative contact you directly to see if there is anything we can do to resolve your complaints and improve your experience going forward.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

Guaranteed the worst software/merchant/pos. Repeatedly occurring issues on daily basis and major issue are expected to occur during busy business hours; just about every week with very unhelpful support you have to call that try anything to get out from solving the actual issue. They won't send out techs even when they are having a nationwide company software issue which occurs on the regular basis. I rarely make review about anything but I have been suffering for over the past year with company. No cancellation fee. You are bond to the 3 year contract. I'm only trying to protect consumer spending. You won't make the same mistake I regret every day, don't become a victim.

I purchased the business on September 1st, and the previous owners had the Harbortouch system. When they transferred the business over to me, they just transferred the Harbortouch system to make the transition easier. There really wasn't much change. In getting the system switched over to me, we did the online paperwork and the e-sign, but that didn't seem to work very well. It took several weeks to switch over. They said, "It will be really quick. We'll send you this. You sign it. You send it back, and then you're done," but it wasn't as simple as they made it sound, and it took a lot longer to get set up. I emailed the rep that I'm supposed to be talking to several times, and I haven't heard back from him, and I'm still waiting for his reply. So, I've just been calling Tech Support. Other than that, however, the system works well. It's easy to use. Everything was set up when I got it so I didn't have to do much. Overall, it was good with Harbortouch.

The owner had researched POS systems and came up with the Harbortouch. We had a smooth transaction with their sales team and we purchased two of their POS systems. We like their tech support. They were prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

Harbortouch custom-built my system to my needs. They were building a system for me, a clothing store. They didn’t know a whole lot about retail. Most of the system they built was for restaurants. When I explained to them what I was trying to do, they were able to do it with no problem. I got a POS system that can track all my spending, my sales, taxes and my inventory. It’s a very simple system.

Their customer service is amazing. I was having a couple of issues when the system was first installed. It was all just a programming issue, and they were able to do it in a matter of minutes and the system was up and running. They know their product. They’re very knowledgeable and they understand the need that I have. It didn’t take several calls, calling back day after day. Everything was resolved within the same 20 to 30 minutes each time. They have a great staff. Everybody is very good with the way they talk to the customer. I’ve already recommended Harbortouch to a couple of my friends that have other retail businesses. It was an amazing experience. They hit it the nail along the head with helping me put into action what I was describing to them and what I needed my system to do.

Harbortouch equipment work. We have three POS systems in each of our three locations. The main reason I got them is the upfront cost, which is very low. Their sales team has been great. One of their reps responds when I need him for questions, and if he doesn’t know the answer, he’ll find it out. We call customer service when things come up and they help. The only frustrating part has been that I have to get involved when making a three-way call when the managers can take care of it. I have to write a letter and give permission so they can call in. Once the letter is in the system, anybody can make an authorized call. But it’s been amazing with Harbortouch.

Harbortouch was set up more for retail with bars and everything was great with their sales team. The technical support teams have been helpful every time too. The only complaint that I have is that we still don't have an interactive chip card reader. It’s affected us once and we need to make sure that we can read their chip card. Other than that, everything has been working great and I've been happy with the system.

We bought the place with Harbortouch in it already. Everything is good. I have worked with POS before and this one is simple.

I purchased Harbortouch Payments for credit cards with touch screen. Sometimes the credit cards don’t work so I call them. They always answer when I call, but they leave me on hold for 15 to 20 minutes. And sometimes I am busy. I have some customers lining. I don’t wanna wait to the customer. My cousin is a salesman in Harbortouch so when I have a question, I call him and he answers me and he comes to fix it for me here. Other than that, it's wonderful overall.

I have had to call Harbortouch quite a few times for issues with our printers. I was disappointed that they didn't offer a service tech to come out unless I pay $300. With the amount of money I pay each month, it's a given that they would send someone out, but they wanted me to install new wires and then call them. That would be my only complaint. Harbortouch equipment seem to be user-friendly. Also, the rep we dealt with has been great. He gets us our printer paper, and whenever we have to fix the printers, he came in and got everything fixed for us.

I purchased a point of sale system from Harbortouch. What I like the most about it is its ease of use. The system is also flexible. The sales rep was friendly and their customer service and technical support teams are always available and would always help. I recommend Harbortouch to my friends.

My husband got cash registers from Harbortouch when we opened and it works very good. I really like it. Whenever we call support, they always talk good. We keep with doing the business with Harbortouch and we’re getting one more system.

We got the complete point of sales system of Harbortouch. My experience is fine. However, the scanner is not strong enough.

I had a friend who suggested Harbortouch and told me that it’s better. He took me through one of his icons and showed it to me, and I liked it. I got the POS system that's touchscreen. Everything about it is good and easy to use. The technical support team is perfect. I’m happy.

I bought the business and assumed the contract with Harbortouch. The best part about it is doing my payroll through it. I have a pizza pickup/delivery business and sometimes we do some buffet. We have four computers and there's a lot of wires and varied boxes. We've got a good system going on right now but it lags. I've upped my internet package and it still lags. It's really a robust system which in a way is almost too much and it overwhelms me. It does a lot of things but it has some limits and it'll never be perfect because it's not built to the specs of my business.

Also, I'm 33 so I'm pretty handy with a tablet-based system and the one we got from Harbortouch seem kind of older. Everybody's going to the touchscreen tablet systems and they seem easier to operate for me and for my staff because the youngest are 16 and the oldest are 28. It's what they're more comfortable with. I would love to not alter but at the end of the day when I print out my receipt, I get this long receipt that's about the size of my arm and it's using so much paper. It's also confusing for our bookkeeper to read and I have to constantly explain where things at. I would love for it to find a way for a quick, reduced format print set up.

I would also love to talk to another restaurant owner who has had the system for a while or is an ace on it, and ask him for pointers on how to use it more effectively and efficiently. I think I'm using only 40% of its capabilities so I want to get somebody else's experience on how do I get at least to 80% where I'm using it and it's showing a benefit and not just driving us down.

We purchased the POS system from Harbortouch and so far I’m very pleased. Setting up everything and the sales team were great. For the most part, their reps were friendly. I was kind of annoyed a couple of times when I tried to get paper. I live in Alaska and I ship things all the time. Who charges $212 to send one box up on an airplane? It’s ridiculous because the postal service will do the same thing for $18. Harbortouch just couldn’t do anything to try to help me out. Also, I tried to order gift cards a while back. I emailed in and I haven’t heard back from anybody. So I’m getting ready to try to do that again. If not, we’re out of gift cards because we don’t have them.

Other than that, we’re happy with the computer and the rates. My partner that does all the accounting hasn’t said anything to me about being unhappy with the rates. For the most part, we’ve had a great experience. Every time I call in, I get good customer service and they satisfy my needs. We have not set up the customer loyalty yet but we are going to enjoy that when we do. Another big thing for us is we also like being able to access online remotely. I don’t regret the choice.

We're finally working all the bugs out with the point of sale equipment we got from Harbortouch. We're also getting our growing pains and I'm trying to write down a few questions on things that would help us like entering inventory quickly. I just haven't had the time yet to sit down and go over all these with the employees. But it's a pretty good set up. I've had a very good experience so far and I'd recommend it to a friend. Everything with their reps has worked out for me and they've always been good. Every time we need something, they helped out if they could. I also like that the POS system is more modern than the way I was doing it before. It has all the information in it like a computer and I can bring up the date of reports. It's very handy and eventually, when we get the necessary data entered, I'll be able to do the inventory without going through the shelves all the time.

We really liked how Harbortouch was laid out. We have two separate systems: one for our restaurant which is the regular POS system for the hospitality and the Echo system for offsite--when we take it on events and stuff. It’s easy to use and it’s easy for everyone to learn. I was on the phone with the technical support team last week and they helped me with all my problems I was having. Overall, it’s been a good experience and we look forward to working with you guys more.

I was new to the business and a friend of mine told me to call Harbortouch. I purchased the cash register with the credit card. The guy who installed it was really helpful. My daughter-in-law, who is the manager at my business, never had any problem when she calls for tech support. She's trained some staff and had to call for information on how to do it, and she said that customer support always helps her. Everybody who works for me likes Harbortouch and I have recommended it.

We like Harbortouch and we've been very satisfied. We started off originally with two terminals, which is a separate one and a very high volume location. We started at one, which was slower to work things out, and I was concerned because it's like an out-of-the-box type of POS system and you have to customize it to your needs. We had a little bit of difficulty understanding it but once we customized it, it was awesome. Then we moved south and we decided to go ahead and do the same thing. We also have Harbortouch on a third location. So those are our full POS systems and now we use the mobile credit card processing terminals which work out really well for us because we could take them wherever we go.

I like the fact that on the POS system, I can log in remotely from my corporate office. Our payroll administrator can log in virtually into the system from her office, which is offsite and several miles away, when we process payrolls and she can adjust punches and download the payroll report. My chief financial officer can download sales reports. The operations manager has the ability of customizing the system and adding functions, modifiers and buttons. All of that stuff can be done offsite so to us, the system works really well in that regard.

I also like that we can start with one to seven and customize. You can have the Harbortouch system in the bar and set it up however or what service to carry their own bank. Then even in your kitchen, you could start off with a dot matrix printer and then move into a thermal printer through the expediter, a monitor. So that is really cool that you can grow with the system.

The guy I work with, he's a processor for Harbortouch, has been great and very knowledgeable. Even when there's been a 3-day weekend and he's out, he has been always there to help us when we call him. I've only had to call customer service a couple of times and each time that I've called, they have been helpful with always getting involved to help us fix a problem. We recently had a problem with the mobile terminals when the the T-Mobile towers had gone down, which wasn't Harbortouch's fault, but it affected our processing. I wish that when that happens, there's a way to swipe the card and it would sit there in limbo until you get an internet connection.

Harbortouch offers a good price. I got a POS system from them and it's easy to use. It's a good service equipment, does the job that needs to be done and it's not fancy. Their sales team showed me the advantages of the equipment and their technical support tried to fix all the issues as well and they will work to make sure that we're able to find a solution for it. Overall, I'm happy with the service and equipment, and I hope that we can keep working with them without any bumps.

I bought a business that already was working with Harbortouch. I had a very bad experience with one representative of theirs, but he apologized and it's better now. As for the product itself, I wish it has a screen for the customer to slide their own car without having me to swipe it on the computer. Also, there are so many updated, small pads are out there and Harbortouch machine feels big and bulky. I also think that the machine needs a chip reader instead of only slide.

Harbortouch has been awesome so far. They pick up right away or call me back right away with any problems that I have so it’s not a problem for long. I like it. One of their sales reps stopped by and gave me a couple of brochures and it took me about a year before I even caught on to it and started it. Harbortouch is perfect and I like that it's super easy.

One of my friends used Harbortouch and recommended it to us. So far, the people at Harbortouch always help for any issue that we have. They’re doing a good job and they help me take care of everything. The equipment is very easy to use and understand, and it is very easy to get in touch with their Tech Support. They respond very fast.

We are doing really good with our experience with Harbortouch. I just wish that with Harbortouch, I can end the day at home, instead of coming to the office to end the day in person. We were also wondering about the keypad for the credit card. We were told by one of the sales guys that he will give it to us but he hasn't sent it ever since we opened.

Our finance officer contacted Harbortouch and got the system set up. It’s easy to use and the customer service has always been really helpful in getting us out of any jam we’ve been in.

Harbortouch Company Profile