4.01/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

270 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We’ve had the Harbortouch POS system for a little over a month now and the customer service is good. Their equipment is easy to use. It's not confusing but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Plus when they installed it they didn't have somebody here to train us. The guy was supposed to train us but we knew more by just watching the training videos and he didn't know anything. Also they can work a little bit better on their credit card machine. It really sucks. It will go through approving stuff but sometimes it won't register on the system and sometimes it will. And they know that they're having an issue with it because they keep on telling me every time I call, "Yeah, we know we're having an issue. That's the issue with the new system and stuff." So overall the experience is okay. I just wish that they would have people that know what they're doing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I looked online to see what our options were and went with Harbortouch. It was going to cost us more in the long run but they deal with their maintenance issues. We are in a small town and sometimes it takes weeks or months to buy and have new things replaced but with Harbortouch there is a service guy available. We deal with a Harbortouch rep out of Anchorage and he was awesome. We have some technical issues that come out from time-to-time. We call an 800 number and there's always someone on the phone. They've always been able to help. They are quick, prompt and they get back to me if they can't figure out something quickly. The equipment is easy to use. And we only replaced the system because it was old and not because we needed to. Harbortouch is a great experience that I've told others around town who were looking into different systems to check it out.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Harbortouch has been with us since we started and we adopted the system from the previous restaurant occupying our space. It seems to be touch temperamental and all of its features and functions are not universal across the board. With POS, we got different features and functions for managers versus employees, and the service functions available to access in terms of security features don’t populate consistently. Different features are available for each new employee account, whereas it should just be one uniform template from which assigned or unassigned task. We’ve had quite a few interactions with Harbortouch when the system has gone down unexpectedly and their customer support hasn’t been particularly capable or friendly. And they just sent us out a new router today but we won’t be able to install it until Monday. I’m hoping that it will resolve some of the maintenance issues in terms of it shutting down.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We had a really old system and it was time for updating. A guy named Kyle came in here and asked us if we wanted to see some stuff about Harbortouch. He was very good and Harbortouch seemed like it would work really well for us. So, we got two POS systems, two printers and a kitchen printer. The equipment is easy to use and it's easy to teach people how to use it. We've had a couple of problems with it, but their customer service reps have always helped figure it out. It's a really good experience and I just recommended them to a couple of places in Austin.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Harbortouch system works really well and is easy to maneuver. I bought the register and a couple of printers. I went with Harbortouch because of Michael being very available and the convenience of how quick they could do it. Michael, the guy who helped me, came right away the next day and he brought an actual register just to show me how simple it was. The only time that I've had to call their customer service was to order new register tape for the printers and they're very professional every time I call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I'm in the bar business and I have three locations where I have the POS system of Harbortouch. They're excellent and I love them. I also love the fact that they provide 24 hours service. They can fix things online visually in front of me and if something goes wrong at 1:00 a.m., it’s a peace of mind knowing that I have someone on call at all times. They were referred by a different establishment that was near us and I liked their pricing. For the first system, a rep came out and set everything up. He was an independent contractor and I don't know if he stayed with the company or not, but for a while I had no communication with them trying to order new things. Then I opened another business and I didn’t know that I could just go through customer service to get another system. I thought I had to go through a rep and that was kind of my fault. Other than that, everything’s been awesome. They provide very fast, accurate and great customer service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We recently have a new POS system installed from Harbortouch and so far, it is good. Their salesman came in our store, told us about it and answered all of my questions. It is also easy to use which is nice. It’s excellent overall.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The product that Harbortouch offers is one of the best point of sale systems I’ve used for the hospitality industry. We use their touchscreen POS and merchant services. I use it for two facilities that gross over $2,000,000 each in revenue so it is high volume. One is a fine dining establishment and the other one is an upscale cocktail lounge and casual restaurant that resides within a hotel. In four years, I've had three major problems that were all resolved within four hours. It’s been really great.

Also, their technical support customer service is exceptional but their ability to accommodate individual business needs is unparalleled. They were extremely thorough in their customer service department and I really liked that the merchant processor is proprietary with the point of sale. They’ve installed software that allows me to remotely access our point of sale system when off-site. They’ve been very accommodating. Since then, I've suggested six other restaurants to use this and five of them did which Harbortouch gave me some referral credit. Overall, they’re very friendly and supportive.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

From the ATMS system that I had for credit cards, I met Rob and my network grew. He said to let him know when I was ready to switch POS systems and mine just got paid off so we worked down that three months ago ‘cause it takes a while for it to get billed to what we wanted. Then a guy came out and showed us how to work the Harbortouch system. He was very thorough so the college kids caught on right away. It works totally different than the other one so that was a little much but I'm catching on. We can check it throughout the day to see what we have taken in and I should be able to do payroll on it shortly too.

Everything has been going great except I signed in to get the free gift cards and I have yet to receive them. I made what we wanted online cause it did not have to look like the ones I had from the previous one and they were supposed to call me when I got them. They were going to go on to the POS system and set it up and make sure the software was there. But it’s been almost two months and this is Christmas so I need that thing done.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Harbortouch is an awesome system. A very good salesman stopped by one of my businesses and introduced us to Harbortouch. We got four monitors and eight printers. Most systems cost anything from $7000 to $12000, but Harbortouch has a good pricing. Plus, this one's convenient, especially for a small business like ours. It's convenient to pay the monthly payment and just keep going.

We can call someone who can help us on the phone in a split-second. Maintenance is awesome. Their customer service reps are good people and we have no problems with them. Every time the internet goes for a storm or hurricane, we have to reboot and it might take us an hour or two. We had a couple of incidents last year and we've had to shut down the system for a couple of hours for it to get up again. It's all simple and easy. I've been doing this business for the last eight years. I've used Micros, Aloha, and some other systems. This system is one of the best systems I've ever used. It's easier to program and to change process. Plus, it's easy to train people. Though we've had to pay a lot of fees, the system itself is not bad and I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

So many companies try to come in and sell us their services and even though others were a little higher in the technology and promised us the world, we're running a lot of money through it and we went with Harbortouch because we knew that we could trust them. Plus, we are obsessed with our Harbortouch rep Bob. And although my partner is super hi-tech and she doesn't think the system as high tech as it could be, we are really happy with it.

We literally have always written tickets and my bookkeeper used to do it the archaic way. We're not technology advanced but we've been using the system for a month now. We have a brain, another computer and then two printers in the kitchen. One place where we're having a little trouble is although we obviously still get to the same sales tax, it's almost like the credit amount is already taxed and I'm wondering if the system can be integrated with QuickBooks as well.

We also have homemade certificates and I know how to put them on the computer because that was one of the things I had asked somebody about when I called one time. But I don't know if those are going in again as sales because they're showing up under gift certification where it says cash for the day, Visa, Mastercard and I don't know if we're double accounting them or not. Aside from that, one of my employees has to always type in my manager code to get to any screen. I'm not always here so she has to know my code and that defeats the whole purpose. But l probably messed something up on installing her and I'm going to call today about that specifically. Anytime I've had a question day or night, it's fast. The customer service has been fabulous. I always get someone on the phone and they've always been able to help me into this point.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Harbortouch was highly recommended and was also well-priced and easy to use. The system was installed on the day we opened. In fact, it was one hour before we opened. There wasn’t enough time for them to thoroughly show us the system and it was frustrating but it wasn't anything that they did on their end or we could’ve avoided on our end. Besides, they’ve answered any questions we've had. We got the whole system and it's good. It's also compact and for the areas that we have the four stations in, it works perfectly. The employees picked it up right away as well. Although they locked up a couple of times, their team was able to walk us through whatever issues we were having over the phone.

However, we need some training on the online system, the Lighthouse. It doesn’t seem to be as accurate. If I pull the report up here, the numbers are way higher than if I pull them up on Lighthouse. I’m not here a lot so I count on Lighthouse but right now, I’m only using it to capture the payroll hours. But I’ll be doing the sales tax and reports and the numbers are confusing to me. We've had Harbortouch for a little over a month now. Everyone has always been very helpful and it has been an easy and professional experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

One of my friends who has a bar restaurant has the Harbortouch system. We talked about it then I did an extensive research on Harbortouch and it is the first POS system that I’ve had. We got two systems with the cash drawers and three printers. Salesman Ben was accommodating and very knowledgeable on how the system works. Even after it was installed, I can give him a call if I had any questions or problems.

Then the person who came to install the equipment just hooked it up and was not very knowledgeable. He wasn’t real helpful about getting everybody started so I struggled with him a lot and that was frustrating to me. There was a lot of stuff that wasn’t exactly how we had talked about and it was disheartening. It took some time to get the stuff fixed up but the tech support people were happy to help get it done. They were helpful, easy to work with and I’ve done a lot with them. Also, the lady who did the menus and put every programming in was really good. Overall, the Harbortouch people are friendly, wonderful, down to earth and great to work with.

The software in the equipment makes my business a lot easier to track and keep tabs on what’s going on and what people are doing and not doing. The accuracy of the pricing compared to a normal cash register that we had before makes people honest. I highly recommend Harbortouch. It does amazing things and it’s a lot better than some of the other POS systems that I’ve seen. Also, the processing fees are super compared to what I was paying before. The experience has been great and it’s not a high-pressure situation.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Harbortouch is one of our POS for the bar next door and we also have them over here for about three months now. We opened a liquor store and got the whole setup; cash register, printer and scanner. I like everything about it. It’s all right here in front of me. So I don’t have to go looking too far for anything. Just that once I got it all setup I was ringing stuff in and some stuff weren’t actually scanned. So I called them and I was like, “Hey, what’s wrong with scanners?” They said, “You know, it would actually be more beneficial for you to have a two-dimensional scanner.” So I was kind of taken aback because I figured, they knew that we would have needed that in the first place but they sent us a standard scanner. And so I’m still dealing with it and haven’t switched models yet. We just opened up and we’re trying to make it over here, right now. So it’s not on the budget.

We’ve also had a couple of mix ups here and I’ve asked their team questions about running the cards because some people have some cards that come up differently like business card and stuff like that or a printer issue at one point. But that wasn’t too bad and everything has been resolved. The technical support has been topnotch. I only have like one mix up with one person, but out of the 10 calls that we’ve made, they’re all very satisfactory. The sales could be a little bit better, though.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I've had Harbortouch for about three months. I found other comparable companies with the same features but Harbortouch was much more affordable. They're a terrific company and they're willing to help. I would leave messages and the sales team calls back and answers my questions. If the POS is down, I’m able to call them and they are able to troubleshoot it immediately. I don't wait on hold for a long time. And then the tech support team has been terrific and they are open 24/7. We had a few issues and whenever we call, they’re very cordial, patient and they stay on the phone with me as long as it takes to resolve the issue so we appreciate that. Also, even when the internet is down, I'm still able to process payments. But when I put a cash in, I have to enter how much cash I have. I could see the entire sales for the day but the system doesn't tell me real-time how much cash I have in the store. I wish there was a way they can improve that.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We’ve had Harbortouch since September 14th of last year and choosing them was an ownership decision. We got the whole system and everything we’re using is from Harbortouch, including computers and printer which are very functional and easy to use. The sales rep did a good job and on the operation side, my interactions with the reps have been smooth for the most parts. We had some hiccups, but it’s just a start up. Harbortouch is very intuitive and I’m happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We've purchased four setups and Harbortouch has been user-friendly. However, customer service would be an exception. There has been some positive but there's sometimes where it's been negative because we can't get an answer or else, the problem can't get resolved. Also, it was like nobody can help us. One time, I was treated so rudely by a certain guy. I couldn't understand him and then he told me that he couldn't help me. That was a 30-minute phone call and I was floored. Customer service would be great to improve on. We love the system but we've been figuring it out ourselves instead of calling Harbortouch.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Have used Harbortouch for over six years with varied results. Main problem has been slow deposits, happened during hurricane Matthew and I started processing with Square. So approximately 14 months later they have locked my system up, about 3 months after they sent me a new system. They would not even let me access my cash drawer. Zero notice. One time early on they did not deposit my receipts for 9 days. They could not explain it but they did not care anyway. Now they will not even let me send the equipment back unless I agree to their terms. So sitting on brand new POS that I can neither use nor return. RUN. DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY NOW!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

No contract, No early termination fees but Harbortouch kept charging us for six months after we closed our bank account. We left a message to the manager but we never heard from him back. Never sign a contract with Harbortouch. This company doesn't have no customer service. Harbortouch is the one of the worst companies to do business with. Run away from Harbortouch.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

A friend who sold the kind of systems like Harbortouch recommended it to us. He said it was the best he had. So we ended up having the little computer, the POS system, and so far, we’re already looking into upgrading to a better one. We had a guy come in with a couple more systems. According to him, Harbortouch is pretty old school compared to the other systems. There's a lot of things we can’t change. The other one was more basic. It was easier to work with.

We had to interact with Harbortouch technical support a lot of times when their system was down in our other location. It would just die out on us in the middle of the busiest days, so we had to call, and wait for them to help us out, guide us through, and reboot the system. Whoever built the Harbortouch system never worked at a restaurant. It's really complicated. You have to go through a lot just to set up a menu. It's also difficult to add condiments on every option because you have to go back and forth from the beginning. You also have to make a new category for every particular item. They could make it easier by making one for all of them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We interact with the Harbortouch customer service when we have problems. We have their two terminals and a cash register for a week now. We like their service because they help us immediately when we call. When our printer wasn’t connected to the main system and when we totally lost internet service, they walked us through how to reset it and got us up and running. Harbortouch is great and the equipment is easy to operate. Love how it works together and we can all be on one network.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

A local sales rep introduced me to Harbortouch. I liked the idea that they’re located in Allentown, Pennsylvania where my wife and I have been living for a long period of time. And then after that, I grew my business, opened my second location and right now, we’re opening the third one. They listen to us like one time, they had a big problem affecting two thousand customers and their system was down everywhere. We all can do nothing about it but they worked to fix it. After that, they called to get a feedback. I told them that in that kind of situation, they should send an email instead of getting tons of people calling on a customer service number. Since then, I have been receiving an email for every small thing that is affecting us so I was very impressed that they listen to small recommendations.

I’ve been with them for close to three years and I never had a problem they never had a solution for. I can pick up the phone and they get the information. If the customer representative didn’t know how to fix it, he will say he’ll call his boss or supervisor and they will get it fixed. So, I’m happy with that. I used to use Intuit QuickBooks and used to have a separate machine credit card. I love to have a credit card that goes through the system. Then, after a period of time when they had to stop, we’re now back to taking things through the system of Harbortouch. So, everything is saved. When there’s electric shortage and the computer messed up, they can back up all our information. And this is something worth a lot of money.

They have a server that saves all our information. And since we’re opening a new location, they copy all the information from the old location to a new location This is service. It takes time for us to open a new business and to program everything on a computer but they’re doing that for us from the get-go. So, it’s something very good. But they charge a lot of stuff but it’s on a small print. For a new customer, they should be clear from the get-go like, “Hey, you’re paying $69. That’s what this all means. And then, later on, there will be another $20 every month for this. And there’s $10 for that.” Nickel-and-dime upsets some customers and that’s what’s going to cause some bad feedback.

But in the end, I’m happy with their service. They’re helpful and to a certain point and understand what the business needs. I’ve recommended them to other two friends and one family member, and they’re working with Harbortouch right now. I would also recommended them to other people because of the feedback I’m getting. It’s not that no mistakes can happen, but they’re always on top of it and they always follow up.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We took over a restaurant that had Harbortouch equipment installed. So, we just started looking into them and then, we found that they had better cost than other POS systems. Their sales team were helpful in answering questions, prompt to respond and easy to get hold of. So we ended up getting four POS systems and printers for the kitchen. They are user-friendly but the processing lags a little bit sometimes. Nonetheless, we had a good experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Signed 3 year contract and when POS was delivered, signing for the equipment resulted in a 5 year contract for the hardware. They are different companies, who knew? Outside of paying too much, the system and reporting was helpful...until the upgrade this year. Limited communication, had to call to get set up. Worked for 45 days and my reporting disappeared making timekeeping more than difficult. Called to get reports and get it fixed. Got reports, still no reporting access. Tried again, nope. Fine, my contract is up, I send cancellation request and bring on a new vendor (with excellent pricing, operating, reporting, and no contract!).

Day 1, ticket received. Day 2 Robert ** is working my ticket, Day 3 my ticket has been escalated. Fast forward 1 month and 29 days later... “We are working on getting your outstanding gift card list,” and no mention of the financial reports I requested. “Oh and you have to call us to cancel-your account is still active.” So I call. “We will send you forms to cancel.” “Will you?” “I cannot refund the 2 erroneous charges that were applied to your account during the 2 months you were waiting.” Is that legal? And so I wait to see if the forms will come, to see if anyone will respond, if I will continue to be robbed. More to follow.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had a good enough experience with Harbortouch. I'm hoping to get rid of the Maitre'D and get another Harbortouch terminal right here. We've been using them for three months and it's a good POS system. The one I had was worthless, so when a salesman from Harbortouch came through we made an agreement. Their technical guys were great and I can call anytime if there's some problem. I was one of the guinea pigs, to find out the different problems that we will be having, and I learned a lot about the system. If there's anything I want to know, I can look back and find it. I can check on my employees and see if they're stealing. I can walk up to the screen, pull up each employee, and see what they're doing. If they got a cocoa on the table and they weren't on the POS system, they get questioned. It deters people from stealing if they know you can see them. You can walk up to them and look at their stuff. I've recommend Harbortouch to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We got two POS systems, two tills, and a kitchen printer from Harbortouch. We heard about them from a previous employer and then, we did our research and we liked the Harbortouch option. It was also better than anything else we've looked at. Everything's good so far although there was one time when a virus had taken over the whole system and that was the only bad experience we’ve ever had with it. The first day it happened, I wasn’t able to get through. Then I figured it was a big deal and I just had to quit trying. The next day, their customer service got a hold of me right away and everything was fixed. They have also been super helpful in ordering paper supplies and having them help me update my menu.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Harbortouch is a more simple yet complex enough system that could keep up with our alterations and things of that sort. We had one issue in which we were trying to put money on a gift card. I called somebody and they helped us. They went in the system from where they were at and they helped us figure it out. We're using their POS system with an electronic cash register and terminals for credit cards and we like the equipment's simplicity and that it's straight to the point. You really can’t mess up with Harbortouch. It works very well and it's very simple. You could easily alter any issue that you had. Everything else is fine and I love it. I would suggest that it’s better than Aloha.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Do not sign up for Harbortouch. I tried using the system but stopped three years ago as we found something better. Since then I have been trying to exit the contract to no avail and now they are adding a monthly fee of $75 for non-use on top of the $110 a month they are fleecing me for a useless system. Find something else that does not lock you into these contracts and learn from my mistake. In trying to exit they transferred me to their supervisor who sent me to voicemail and never returned my call. What a joke, run while you can.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

My mother, who's one of the owners here, actually used the Harbortouch system in one of her old restaurants. I'm one of the managers here and I deal with the Harbortouch system all day. We use three different systems — a printer in the kitchen, a printer for the baristas, and a printer leading into our café. Everything works well with the systems in getting the tickets where they need to go. I most definitely like how easy it is to send certain items to different printers in the right place. My only complaint, though, is the waiting time on the phone and I wish there's something they can do about that. I usually deal with a lot of the issues and at times there's a problem with the system or the computer goes down. Sometimes, it takes a little time to get somebody on the line, but once I do so, the reps are extremely helpful and I'm very pleased. Overall, my experience with Harbortouch has been satisfactory and they were efficient.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Harbortouch matched what I had before, as far as my credit card fees. The actual system also seemed pretty good for us. I got two computers and three printers. I'm putting another PT station, so I'm going to need another printer too. My original salesman was great. He was able to explain the product and services while being professional and courteous, but it was hard to get a hold of him. And then, they had me with a girl who did not know the product real well. The system is also already outdated as far as what I see online. There's newer equipment that's already out there.

Additionally, my interaction with their reps is not so good. I had equipment that failed and we got something shipped out. We didn’t get it when we were supposed to have it. If you have to send something back and they don't receive it back in a certain amount of time, they charge you for the equipment. It all worked out and they made good for everything, but the whole thing at that time was just frustrating. If you go and look at consumers' reviews on Harbortouch, you will see a lot of people who speak poorly about it. But I think there's just a lot of people that are out there bashing another company because of the fees. I run almost $50,000 worth of credit cards through Harbortouch every month and I pay about $11,000. And I'm okay with that. I pay a ridiculous amount of fees and expenses with Harbortouch, but aside from the fees Harbortouch is a pretty good company. The system works for us and it's user-friendly. All my waitresses get it. Even when we have new waitresses, they adapt to it pretty fast.

Harbortouch Company Information