toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

The Harbortouch sales team has been great and the technical support has been good. I like the simplicity of the equipment to make my job easier. Though I'm still trying to figure it all out and getting to know the whole ins and outs of it, it is much better than the old register which we were using before from my other business.

Harbortouch seemed like a local business. We had Aloha system and we changed over. Harbortouch's sales team is always very helpful. They resolve a lot of issues quickly and waiting online or on the phone doesn’t take that long. We got the POS system, a couple of cash drawers, printers, and two terminals from them. The equipment's easy to use and it’s commonsensical. I can train anybody on it very quickly. It’s simple and the touchscreen's a good thing. The most important thing was there wasn’t the big cash outlay. They just take it out per month on a certain percentage so it’s cost effective and I don’t have to have all this cash upfront to buy the equipment.

Harbortouch equipment is easy to use. We use the cash register and printers from them. My experience with Harbortouch customer support has been good.

We purchased the POS system from Harbortouch. I like that it is easy to manage. My experience with it is good. However, the trainer does not train us for everything. And in fact, he himself said that he doesn't know much about it, too. There are things we have to be more educated about. We are not fully happy with it because there are simple things that we don't know how to fix or do. But I would still recommend Harbortouch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

I'm happy with Harbortouch. I've got a new system and it's the best. We don't have any problem with the menu or the prices. but when I received equipment it was broken. I called the company and they sent me another one but I didn't receive a return sticker when I received the first equipment. The second equipment, we had the same problem. The equipment broke and I didn't have a return sticker. I called the company and they sent another piece. The next week, I got another piece broken and I have the three pieces for almost three months.

Then, Harbortouch took $2,100 from my account. I called the company and they emailed me the return sticker. I went to UPS and sent back the three pieces. However, I didn't receive my money back. The company said they'll give me my money back when they get the equipment and I told them I returned it but it's been two weeks and it's a lot of money on hold. Also they need to put a return sticker every time they sent new equipment. Other than that, everything is okay.

The previous owner here was using Harbortouch and he strongly recommended it to us. In the beginning we had an incident when they had that virus going on, but after the thing went away, everything is doing good. There have been times where I call and then I don't get a call, so I call the next day and then they put me on hold for a few minutes. They're busy so it makes it understandable. But their rep Vladimir has been awesome and anytime I need anything I just text or call him. He even comes to the restaurant to see if I need anything.

Our Harbortouch equipment is easy to use and change. Their support team is always available, though sometimes there were some lengthy wait times, which I understand. We had some technical issues a month ago, which were detrimental to my business. The whole network went down and they were very good at fixing the problems.

I've had nothing but problems with Harbortouch. I've had issues from day 1 since I got this machine. When I first ordered it I wanted it here on the 1st, 10 days before I open, but I didn't get it then. And my online account is not on real time. I've been told that if I want real time figures I have to come to the main brain, so if I'm in my office and I want to know what's going on in the front, I have to come upfront. I can't even print anything out with it being real time. Also, my iPads aren't working. They work intermittently and I hated those. Every time we call to get help, we have hours and hours to wait. We've had days where nobody even calls us back. If I could I'd give this machine back.

We have Harbortouch's touch screen system and it's easy to use. We get in touch with their team for any emergencies, like if the system goes down, but other than that, we've been fine. It's a nice experience, overall.

It was the previous owner who got Harbortouch. We got a regular Harbortouch register and it's easy to use and fast, and I can see the map if it’s delivered. My interactions with their sales team has been good.

The POS system's interface is very easy to use and it's organized with the choices. However, there's not enough documentation of the manager stuff and many things can only be done on the computer in the restaurant. They cannot be done on the owner site where we go in and get the reports, and it would be nice if we could make changes to it. Also, it's either a long wait or it's really hard to get the Harbortouch reps on the line, but when we do they're very helpful. I had a conversation with a rep a month ago who was extremely helpful, but I asked her questions that she couldn't answer and she was going to get back to me and she did not. We would like to be able to track our employee emails through the POS without it distorting our reports, and she said she didn't know.

We first went online and got everything running the day before that big hack when Harbortouch went nuts and it took us ten hours just to find out that we were part of that hack and that's why nothing worked. Their salesperson led our manager to believe that the technician that came and plugged everything in and made sure it worked was also a trainer who was going to give us a quick like tutorial on how to work it, but that turned out not to be the case. Meanwhile, we gathered all of our employees and they were sitting there on the clock waiting to be led to the system. That was very unfortunate and everybody was pretty mad to waste their time.

The Harbortouch sales team was pretty good. We had a day when everything went down, but now it's good. I mostly like how I can log on and see all the reports at any time. There’d be parts in everything we still struggle a little bit with the way things appear on our screens, but we’re still figuring all that out. We have our sales reps come in when they need help with that.

When we were in the process of looking for a new POS system, we found Harbortouch online and called them. Every question we’ve had, we’ve got it answered and their sales team has been exceptional. Our Harbortouch equipment is easy to use and we’ve had no issues with interruptions in service except for once. There was some hacking going on and everybody was down, but other than that, everything worked great.

I signed up with Harbortouch in 2014. My salesperson promised me the world. I was hesitant so I asked for, and received a modified agreement stating I was locked into a 6 month "Trial" and not the standard 5 year plan. I received my hardware and began using the processing in my business. As we are small boutique, the system was terribly difficult to add product. The reporting was cumbersome. The proprietary software would not interact with my normal printer, therefore reports could only be viewed on the screen. During my 6 month trial, my sales person never came back. While I could, and did call the company, their help was prompt, but the needs of me did not outweigh the needs of the company. Therefore, I elected to cease using Harbortouch. I contacted the company (since my sales person wouldn't call me and his number has no voice mail...and still doesn't) and asked to cancel.

I was sent documentation that stated I would be charged $69 per month for hardware for the remaining time on my 5 year agreement (4.5 years). I would not sign this and made several attempts to contact the company to get things sorted out. Several calls and months later, no solution. I had, however, stopped using the POS and moved onto a different provider. Harbortouch continued to charge me $69/mo for hardware and $35/mo for "basic subscription". Then my father got sick and passed away. I was out of the shop for several months. When I returned, I attempted to solve the issue again as I was tired of paying over $100 a month for a service that was horrible and I was no longer using. Again, I was told to send in the paperwork. This time, I did, but crossed off the place where it said they would charge me. Then never cancelled my account, stating they never received my paperwork.

Now, I complained and was told there is no record of my agreement, only a form I signed stating 60 months. The modified agreement is nowhere to be found on their end. I have it here on my end. In the past week, I have left not less than 6 messages for the manager to contact me. No response. Initially, his Voice Mail box had a woman's name on it. Now it doesn't have any name. I completed the paperwork and submitted it as I was told 6 days ago I needed to do it in order to keep from getting charged the $35/mo fee. Now, I have almost $3000 taken from my bank account for the hardware fees. Still...no answer back from Harbortouch. Also, the proprietary hardware is password protected so I cannot even use the computer if I wanted to. It is literally a paperweight at this point. It should be noted that a woman with their company did offer to refund 3 months of the fees they took from my account.

I agreed to this because while I was dealing with my sick father and ultimately his death, I probably could have tried harder to cancel during that 5 month period. I didn't. So, I was under the impression there was a compromise. Turns out, she was only authorized to refund 3 months of the $35 fee and not the hardware fee. It still hasn't been refunded either. Harbortouch is only interested in cheating their customers out of their hard earned money. They are not interested in honoring their agreements. Their sales people are only in it for the money and won't call you back. Their managers refuse to work toward conflict resolution. And, at the end of the day, they will take your money without providing any service for it. My attorney will be contacting their legal department (which you can only get an email address for, no phone number) and we will go from there.

Harbortouch

We want to apologize again for the disruption to your POS system last weekend. We just want to reiterate that we did not cause this problem - it was caused by an update to a third-party anti-virus software that is used on some of our systems. We had no control over this update being released. However, we took responsibility for fixing it and quickly initiated an all-hands-on-deck effort to address the problem as rapidly as possible. We have never had such a processing disruption in our 17 years in business and have already begun implementing a number of measures to make sure that there is never a future reoccurrence.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The Harbortouch team usually solve whatever issue I have. But this latest one where our system was down and can't process any transactions and run any credit cards, it’s irritating. We’ve lost a lot of business and our system wasn't communicating with our printer so our orders weren't coming up. Harbortouch said it was a glitch in the system. So it's happening nationwide.

The restaurant I used to work at had Harbortouch so I added them to where I am now. I like its simplicity and its 24/7 support. Although their customer service was great, their sales team was not so great. They should have a salesman that would be willing to meet and sit down with clients.

Harbortouch

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our support department. As you referenced, a third-party anti-virus software pushed out an update on Saturday that caused some issues on some of our POS systems. One of the related issues was with the receipt printer settings which many of our support representatives were focused on fixing throughout the weekend. We added numerous staff to our support departments on Saturday and Sunday specifically to address these issues, but unfortunately they were not all trained on other processing issues since this was a very focused support effort. Regardless, they should have quickly transferred you to a representative that could help with your issue at that time and not made you wait for a callback. I am reaching out to our support team now to have someone contact you as soon as possible to address your issue. Again, I apologize for this experience and hope we can get your issue resolved for you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

When we first got Harbortouch they were amazing!!! We never once had an issue calling them and getting situations resolved. Yesterday the system crashed and I understood the 2-hr wait time but we got our system back up and running the next afternoon but I had to call them to get a credit card situation fixed and out of system. After sitting on phone for an hour got a customer service associate that first didn't listen, let alone help me!!! She insisted my printer was working when I never once said a word about my printer.

So I wasted an hour of my busy day to be told she can't do anything to help but she will have someone call me. So for what reason was she even answering a phone that she knew absolutely nothing about the department but to check if a printer works or doesn't work. Then when I tell her that I waited an hour on phone for absolutely nothing she tells me no one waits on phone for an hour. The hell if I didn't. I'm running a very busy restaurant with a phone to my ear from 4:08 pm - 5:12 pm just to be told, "I can't help you but I'll have someone else" when they get a chance and then never even received a call!!! I would never recommend this company. Can't wait for contract to finish so we can get away from this horrendous service.

Harbortouch

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experiences with Harbortouch. We truly strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction, so we take your complaint very seriously. We will have a representative contact you directly to see if there is anything we can do to resolve your complaints and improve your experience going forward.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

Guaranteed the worst software/merchant/pos. Repeatedly occurring issues on daily basis and major issue are expected to occur during busy business hours; just about every week with very unhelpful support you have to call that try anything to get out from solving the actual issue. They won't send out techs even when they are having a nationwide company software issue which occurs on the regular basis. I rarely make review about anything but I have been suffering for over the past year with company. No cancellation fee. You are bond to the 3 year contract. I'm only trying to protect consumer spending. You won't make the same mistake I regret every day, don't become a victim.

I purchased the business on September 1st, and the previous owners had the Harbortouch system. When they transferred the business over to me, they just transferred the Harbortouch system to make the transition easier. There really wasn't much change. In getting the system switched over to me, we did the online paperwork and the e-sign, but that didn't seem to work very well. It took several weeks to switch over. They said, "It will be really quick. We'll send you this. You sign it. You send it back, and then you're done," but it wasn't as simple as they made it sound, and it took a lot longer to get set up. I emailed the rep that I'm supposed to be talking to several times, and I haven't heard back from him, and I'm still waiting for his reply. So, I've just been calling Tech Support. Other than that, however, the system works well. It's easy to use. Everything was set up when I got it so I didn't have to do much. Overall, it was good with Harbortouch.

The owner had researched POS systems and came up with the Harbortouch. We had a smooth transaction with their sales team and we purchased two of their POS systems. We like their tech support. They were prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

Harbortouch custom-built my system to my needs. They were building a system for me, a clothing store. They didn’t know a whole lot about retail. Most of the system they built was for restaurants. When I explained to them what I was trying to do, they were able to do it with no problem. I got a POS system that can track all my spending, my sales, taxes and my inventory. It’s a very simple system.

Their customer service is amazing. I was having a couple of issues when the system was first installed. It was all just a programming issue, and they were able to do it in a matter of minutes and the system was up and running. They know their product. They’re very knowledgeable and they understand the need that I have. It didn’t take several calls, calling back day after day. Everything was resolved within the same 20 to 30 minutes each time. They have a great staff. Everybody is very good with the way they talk to the customer. I’ve already recommended Harbortouch to a couple of my friends that have other retail businesses. It was an amazing experience. They hit it the nail along the head with helping me put into action what I was describing to them and what I needed my system to do.

Harbortouch equipment work. We have three POS systems in each of our three locations. The main reason I got them is the upfront cost, which is very low. Their sales team has been great. One of their reps responds when I need him for questions, and if he doesn’t know the answer, he’ll find it out. We call customer service when things come up and they help. The only frustrating part has been that I have to get involved when making a three-way call when the managers can take care of it. I have to write a letter and give permission so they can call in. Once the letter is in the system, anybody can make an authorized call. But it’s been amazing with Harbortouch.

Harbortouch was set up more for retail with bars and everything was great with their sales team. The technical support teams have been helpful every time too. The only complaint that I have is that we still don't have an interactive chip card reader. It’s affected us once and we need to make sure that we can read their chip card. Other than that, everything has been working great and I've been happy with the system.

We bought the place with Harbortouch in it already. Everything is good. I have worked with POS before and this one is simple.

I purchased Harbortouch Payments for credit cards with touch screen. Sometimes the credit cards don’t work so I call them. They always answer when I call, but they leave me on hold for 15 to 20 minutes. And sometimes I am busy. I have some customers lining. I don’t wanna wait to the customer. My cousin is a salesman in Harbortouch so when I have a question, I call him and he answers me and he comes to fix it for me here. Other than that, it's wonderful overall.

I have had to call Harbortouch quite a few times for issues with our printers. I was disappointed that they didn't offer a service tech to come out unless I pay $300. With the amount of money I pay each month, it's a given that they would send someone out, but they wanted me to install new wires and then call them. That would be my only complaint. Harbortouch equipment seem to be user-friendly. Also, the rep we dealt with has been great. He gets us our printer paper, and whenever we have to fix the printers, he came in and got everything fixed for us.

I purchased a point of sale system from Harbortouch. What I like the most about it is its ease of use. The system is also flexible. The sales rep was friendly and their customer service and technical support teams are always available and would always help. I recommend Harbortouch to my friends.

My husband got cash registers from Harbortouch when we opened and it works very good. I really like it. Whenever we call support, they always talk good. We keep with doing the business with Harbortouch and we’re getting one more system.

We got the complete point of sales system of Harbortouch. My experience is fine. However, the scanner is not strong enough.

Harbortouch Company Profile