Call toll free
3.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

320 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The gentleman that was setting up the credit card processing was also a brand new Harbortouch rep in the area at the time. He's been recommending my family on issues for 20 years, so we took his advice and got Harbortouch. He was extremely knowledgeable. We got the three point-of-sale systems with the printers and the regular printer associated with the cash register. We're also using the online ordering tool. The equipment is very user-friendly and because it is cloud-based, it's all accessible. At any point in time, you can review tickets and transactions. I've run into a couple of technical issues and Habortouch's technical support has been very helpful. They took care of the issues right away. The only thing they haven't been able to fix is the old EMV ordeal, with the chip card.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I'd recommend Harbortouch. It's fantastic. We have their POS system and cash registers, and they're great. It's a good system. It only takes a minute to get used to. We've had their tech support come out a couple of times and they were extremely helpful. Even if we had to call when our systems went down, they were right there. So it's been great.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We have the three POS systems from Harbortouch and they're easy to use. I've also talked to the people from Harbortouch a few times, and they've been very pleasant and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I met a Harbortouch salesman at a trade show and he was awesome. He did a nice presentation and everything was good. We did the touchscreen POS and although I like the ease of using it, it has been a horrible situation. If I had to do it over again, I wish I had the same sales guy, but a different product. For the first little bit, the system was okay. Then, two years ago, they had a glitch. I was out of service for nine days, but I didn't get a break in my bill, not even a sorry. A while back, they had an update and another glitch happened. Everything crashed and was down for a while again. They just don't care about their customers at all. It was super frustrating.

With the last update, we had to put new credit card readers in and I lost the ability to charge my customers a percentage, just like I get charged from the credit card company. I'm really pissed off about that. The people are generally nice and they try to help though. Somebody called here yesterday and I told her about the credit card thing. She said she'd help me with it and that they could fix it. I said okay and got transferred to somebody. That person said they couldn't help me and had to transfer me to somebody else. It was lunch hour and I couldn't wait. I just hung up the phone. I'm pretty dissatisfied and as soon as my contract is up, I'll be looking for somebody else.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have two POS systems and a credit card processor from Harbortouch and I'm still getting used to the equipment. The local rep wasn't that great and I refuse to deal with him anymore. If I have a problem, I call the IT people straight and talk with them. The IT is good when they're answering their telephone, but there are usually lengthy waits on the line to get through to them. But once you get through, they're helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Everything has been fine with Harbortouch's POS system. My interactions with their reps have been good and their equipment is easy to navigate through.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I’ve been in business with them for 30 years and everything has been good. They are doing my credit card transactions and they got into computer or other projects. I purchased the monitor and it is simple and easy to use. If I also need something, they provide and there is free training.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The Harbortouch equipment is familiar to me as I've been working on a computer for 10 years. It's not hard to use because there is touchscreen. We spoke to technical support one time to add some items in the program and they were easy to get in touch with.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I've been using Harbortouch for over a year and it was originally very good, but I'm not so happy with it lately. Every time I call, I get somebody that I can't understand. It's really difficult when you're in a busy restaurant, there are things going on and you gotta try to listen to somebody that you can't understand. It's frustrating. Still, I like that I don't have to pay for it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I belong to a trade group of about 20 dancewear stores and somebody else in my group uses Harbortouch. Harbortouch works for them and I know it would work for me. I have a point of sale system and I got from them the monitor, the keyboard, and then a credit card processing thing. The system is easy to use and that's always the most important thing to me. I'm always calling in because the system is freezing or some other thing, but whoever I talk to is able to fix the problem very quickly. We've had very good luck with Harbortouch, so I would definitely recommend them. But you would need to talk to somebody from Harbortouch to see if it's gonna fill your needs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We are a small veterans club that stepped into the 21 century and got 2 Harbortouch systems 4 years ago. For the last 2 years the customer service has become so bad that you have to spend 2 or 3 hours getting bounced around from one person to another before you can get anything fixed, there are constant fees for everything. In the past year they keep collecting and processing the money for credit cards sales but don't pay us the correct amount. We have been going round and round with them over this issue and they say they see that they owe us money but won't pay it until they figure out why they are not paying us the money.

They owe us almost a $1000.00 so far and the amount keeps growing each month, and they keep giving us someone different each month to talk to about this issue. We are currently on our 4 person this year for this issue. Also they can renew your contract automatically if you don't tell them to cancel your contract within so many days and in writing. They really know how to treat veterans and small business.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Dishonest company. Hidden fees, raise your rates after they tell you they lowered them. Told me to look at the contract where it allows them to do whatever they want basically. My experience has been horrible. Started out ok, they gradually started raising fees and charges I didn't even understand. Stay clear in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’m a busy guy and I don’t have time for the B.S. Running a business you get all kinds of B.S. from every company left and right. I met the Rep that covers this area, Will and he sold me on Harbortouch. I’ve had my issues with them but Will has always taken care of most of the problems that he could. He meets with me when I need him and makes sure everything is running smooth. Had some issues when they changed banks back in November and that cause some headaches. Will got it sorted out.

The company is good for the pricing and all but having someone that I can talk directly to when I have a problem and that answers my phone calls is important which Will does all of that. I’ve had the system for nearly 2 years at both my restaurants and everything has been good. Only downside is that you must do your processing on their system for the first 3 years. Will keeps my rates low so it’s not a problem for me. If you gonna do a system from these guys, make sure you have a rep that will take care of you. Sounds like that’s the main issue.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Absolute worst in all that they do! Echo system never worked right. Poor customer tech support. Was to send tech to pick up old system when new hospitality system arrived. Never happened. Charged me over $3.000.00 for not sending back equipment. Representative Jesse could have cared less. Stated they do not operate that way. All notes for last six months on their computer spelling out all the runaround we have received. I would never recommend this company to anyone for anything! Turning over to attorney first thing Monday morning. STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

Original review: June 14, 2018

RUN RUN RUN!!! Do not use this company ever. First off the fees are ridiculous. Secondly we were threatened with being held with breech of contract because we did not process enough credit card transactions, even though they already charge a minimum fee each month if you don't process enough. The fee is $25. I was treated very very rudely by their "legal" department, the representative kept saying over and over you agreed to process credit cards through us. I told him we did and we are (we never accepted credit cards before).

I told him I cannot hold a gun to our customer's head and make them use credit cards, he essentially called me a liar saying everyone uses credit cards. They didn't believe me and blamed us for using another processor. I posted a complaint on another site, they contacted Harbortouch. Harbortouch contacted me and we made an agreement they would not charge the $25 minimum for three months to give us a chance to build up our credit card business (Jan-March). I accepted their offer and things were going ok.

In June they took out $143 and change for back fees which were supposed to not be charged. I talked to customer service again they said they made a mistake and charged double what they weren't supposed to charge in the first place! They "researched it" and said we were owed a $104 dollar refund to be put back into our account in 3 to 5 business days(request for refund was sent to management they day I talked to them) tens days later no money. I called and they are still"researching" the issue although they figured everything out 10 days ago. Please Please if you want a Point of sale system go somewhere else. Also, their legal department keeps locking our system and we have to call to get it unlocked because, we are not processing cards even though we have had the system since December 2017.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Our experience with Harbor Touch was terrible from the beginning. The programmers botched our inventory several times before it was compatible. Then they shipped us the wrong hardware. I was so frustrated at this point, I tried to cancel the order. The salesman talked me into giving them another shot. He said we had 30 days to cancel after proper installation if we were still unsatisfied. When they shipped out the second system, we ended up getting a case of receipt paper instead. By the time the proper hardware was installed, several months had gone by. We tried using the system for a couple weeks, and had nothing but problems. Now that we want to ship everything back and cancel, they are trying to charge us an early termination fee. This company is dishonest, disorganized, and a complete joke!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am taking the time from my business to write this review because I tried to solve my issues with Harbortouch without any success. I have been a customer for over 3.5 years, the system breaks down at least three times a week. Harbortouch has the back up to prove this. Being a small business owner, I don't have hours to spend with their technical support trying to fix the numerous issues. Within the last two weeks they told me I would not have a POS system for at least two weeks while they update the system, and when I told them that was not acceptable under any circumstances, the customer rep laughed at me. Harbortouch wants me to pay an additional $2,100 to get out of my contract because they "automatically" renewed my contract for three more years because when I signed on three and 1/2 years ago there was a small print clause saying they could do that and I signed it.

Here is where it gets tricky, I signed the POS system for 5 years, but the service contract was for 3 and automatically renews for three more. I find this to be very sneaky and misleading. Also, my system became so antiquated it stopped working. The contract was for an "ELITE" POS system, one that was supposed to keep up with the technology. That never happened. They also changed my pricing from what was signed in the original 5 year contract and was told they were allowed to do that. When I asked for a call back from legal department, it never happened. An entire year has gone by, and I am still waiting for my refund from a gift card program I never used. They continue to charge me monthly after several attempts to get it removed. I asked for that to be done on January 9, 2017. I have that information from their records, they told me how long I have been waiting from my refund! If anyone wants to do a class action lawsuit, please contact me.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I own a restaurant in Meadville PA. We were looking at POS systems but they were so expensive so I kept putting it off. A local guy from Harbortouch came in my business and presented his POS system to me. The price was very affordable and the system looked and worked great when he showed me the demo system. After some time, I decided to move forward. I will say this. The system works great but when something goes off course, my rep is always available to me whenever I need him.

Customer service and tech support is always helpful when we need assistance. My rep will bring me paper if I get too low before my shipment comes in that I ordered, he helps my staff when I’m not there, he always answers his PHONE no matter what! He manages my rates and keeps them low without me having to flip out over fees. It’s hard finding anyone who sells a product stand by their product through smooth and tough. Not sure about anyone else, but my local guy is great and I recommend anyone who wants a Harbortouch system to go through Will **.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I was sick of my Micros and our previous system was old. And Harbortouch's Jon Taffer endorsement put me over the top. The rep was very persistent, which was good and he sold me on it. Moreover, he answered the questions I needed. We have two cash registers, three screens and a printer in the kitchen. I like their customer service and how the equipment is very easy to maneuver. I’m computer illiterate but I can pick it up. Their customer service was right there when I called and helped me right away.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We bought a business and Harbortouch was already incorporated in the business. We were not sure if we wanted to keep it or go with something different, and the rep, Oscar, came out here and did his whole spiel. He was very knowledgeable. I talked to him a couple of times and his actions were good. We have the one point-of-sale system with a register underneath, and a printer in the kitchen and a printer upfront in the main bar. The Harbortouch equipment is really the first point-of-sale that we have ever used. We used a very old school system before, so it was nice to update to Harbortouch. I’m still in the process of working on a new menu right now, so we really have not changed anything yet.

The learning process was pretty self-explanatory. Once you find where things are, everything has a category and a place. It is pretty easy. You have just got to look for them. We had maybe two phone calls from Harbortouch, just checking in and seeing how things are going, and everything’s been good with customer service too. My only issue has been with my credit card swiper and that seems to be a hit or miss thing. Harbortouch is great for some things and it works well, and I would tell a friend or colleague to go for it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Everybody at Harbortouch has been great. Anytime anything goes wrong, if someone doesn’t have an answer for me right away they go to someone else and get the answer. They don’t leave us hanging or anything like that. We get a really quick resolution to whatever our issues are. We have their POS system and I like that we have a touchscreen with it. That’s convenient.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When using Harbortouch sometimes it takes a little while on a lot of transactions but it’s super easy to split and to monitor. We have a point-of-sales system and electronic cash registers and it's easy to use. The only complaint I have is my other server has his number and if I go in and I hit my number and I close his tab, it ends up on my bill.

Original review: March 22, 2018

A salesman came in and pitched the Harbortouch service. I figured out there was a catch to it but he sold me on it. We went back and forth, and I did some shopping around and it was the best deal. I liked their free POS upgrade. We had an older system so it definitely helps. The timing was right, too, because we needed to upgrade our system with all the chip encryption regulations coming down. We figured it was the best time to upgrade, and just paying the monthly fee is definitely worth it.

After the sales team, we simply signed papers and got the install date. Once the system was all installed, we communicate with the technical support through a phone call anytime anything goes down or we have an issue. We bought five touch screens, five printers, kitchen printers and handheld chip card readers. The Harbortouch equipment is new. It’s relatively easy to use and to program, and things are on the fly if you need to.

Harbortouch has 24 hours service. I can call anytime and while sometimes, there was a little bit of hold wait, it's the same with any kind of service and usually, Harbortouch has been able to fix an issue right away. They can log right in and diagnose and check anything within our system. If a printer’s been broken or stops working for whatever reason, they ’ll replace it right away and ship one out to us overnight. Harbortouch is definitely a newer system and there are kinks here and there but it's been fantastic. It's a good service. It’s definitely helpful when something goes down in the bar business.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Harbortouch POS Systems is super simple to work with. We have the touchscreen ones and we’ve never had a problem with it. Also, if we ever have a problem, customer service is easy. I’ve called to have them show me how to put stuff on the menu, take stuff off the menu and change prices, and I didn’t have to recall them again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The store where I work at uses Harbortouch and it works really well. I like that it's easy to ring everything up.

Original review: March 19, 2018

There’s a problem with the Harbortouch. There’s a lot of charges and it was not explained to me on the five-year contract. But when I call tech support if I have a problem with the POS or when my hard drive fails they’re really good. I will continue even though I’m done with the Harbortouch. My last month would be on July and they told me that I would not pay something because I own the machine.

With POS it's easy to have the beginning and end of the year inventory like for the taxes also and also for reporting. So while my concern is the payment like the extra charges the POS itself I don’t have any complaints. It’s easy also. It’s a retail store. And even though I sold a cellphone for how many years I could still see the serial number.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The owner of the business decided to purchase Harbortouch. We got the whole cash register system from them. It's user-friendly. But I still prefer the old cash register. When we don't have internet, we can't access it. When things happen like brownouts or power outage or when we don't have internet connection, we can't use it. We are paralyzed by that great amount of time. That's why I'm not convinced with it.

Original review: March 17, 2018

A sales representative who lives in our neighborhood highly recommended Harbortouch among several different systems he sells. He said the turnaround would be really fast on getting it programmed for us. Then, we also saw Harbortouch on Bar Rescue. The customer service is really good and they always address any issue. We have two terminals for the POS and the system is user-friendly. I would recommend Harbortouch.

Original review: March 16, 2018

A rep from Harbortouch came when we were opening our business. His name is Russ and he was a good customer service guy. The rest of the people in town are also using them so we just went with them. When we started, we used a cash register. We first just got the credit card system and once our business built up, we switched over to a POS System. We've had that a little over a month now. We love it and it's the smartest thing we've done. It has a lot better inventory control, it's faster and it doesn't tear up as much. It is also more efficient.

But in the beginning, I had some issues. When they installed the credit card machines, I had to have CAT5 installed first and they wanted to me charge $200 for a guy to come 40 miles to do it. I already had an electrician, who I was paying $30 an hour, standing there to do it but their rep wouldn't tell us what the wiring codes were. I thought that was crappy. The wiring had to be just right to make the credit card system work. That kind of pissed me off. I needed the credit card machine up and running because we were supposed to open the next day and I didn't have time to wait three days for their guy to come down there. Also, I felt like the local person should know how to wire it up to some extent where if I had a question about the wiring they would have an answer because they were selling me this thing. But I assumed it was a situation where nobody ever asked them before. In the end, we got it worked out though.

I would highly recommend Harbortouch. They have great customer service especially in the middle of the night if something goes wrong. We're a bar so we're open up to 3:00 in the morning. If we have any glitches or something goes wrong where our staff hits the wrong button and causes a problem, we could get them on the phone in just a minute or two and they would fix it over the phone. It's really good as far as that goes.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Thomas from Harbortouch came to the first restaurant that we opened, and he explained the system. Harbortouch gave an opportunity to finance the point-of-sale system. We then went ahead and tried them. The employees say it is good, simple and easy to use. And we like it. They have a good program where I can put our orders in the system. If I have any problems, I can call the number on the bottom of the screen and then they can help me online. Anything we need from Carla, a lady who works with Thomas, she would help us right away. The first time we worked on the system, we called them. They helped us on chargebacks. Now, we are good and we are happy. Other companies would offer their systems and I would tell them that when we tried to open a restaurant and that we have been here working six months, no companies showed up to show their system and now we have Harbortouch.

However, almost always, when we call technical support, it would take them a long time to answer. We were put on hold for 5 to 20 minutes. It already happened a few times when the POS system was out and the customer wanted to use the payment. They would then pay cash or sometimes, they would go the bank to get cash and pay. Other than those little issues, Harbortouch, in general, is good. I would recommend them.

Harbortouch expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Harbortouch is a national, award winning credit processing and POS supplier. They offer a range of products and services, including their free equipment program.

• Pricing: Free equipment is available with a merchant services contract, though there is a service agreement requirement.

• Remote training: Training on the POS system is available remotely, so new employees can be trained directly by Harbortouch on the latest information according to industry best practices.

• Customer service: Customer support is available 24/7, all in-house, so every call is answered by Harbortouch, not a third-party call center.

• Installation: The ordering process is quick, but it may take more than a month before the POS system is ready for installation. It would be smart to think this through before ordering.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas, Health Services