toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

Never had any issues out of Harbortouch. Their reps are nice. In fact, we're set to call technical support last week over a credit card problem. But anytime I call them, they get the problems taken care of. Although I think the system could be a little bit more user friendly and I wish we could set up sub-categories and have it on the same screen. But overall, Harbortouch is a good service.

Harbortouch system was in place when we bought the business. They've been very helpful at the times when we've needed help. Also, the ease of operation is pretty nice and our people seem to pick it up pretty quick. We got a register and two printers. Now, we're talking about having another point of sale put in and my son has talked to someone at Harbortouch about that.

The POS is easy to use and if things go wrong we send it in and they send out something new so it's easy and efficient in that respect. My only complaint about Harbortouch would be is at night times on weekends they don't have enough support staff so if we do have to call in, we get long hold periods. Being that they intentionally went out and built a system for the restaurant industry, their highest times for staff should be at night on weekends when the highest volume in any restaurant is happening and the most potential for some kind of an issue to arise would be during that timeframe.

So if there is one improvement they need to make, they need to have a better support system available because it's very frustrating to be a floor manager and the computers have gone down or something is wrong and instead of being able to go out and assist employees and keep everyone calm, you're stuck on hold because you have to get the problem resolved. That’s probably enough to make us take a second look if we were to decide we’re looking to see what’s out there again.

Harbortouch is what our boss, the owner, wanted so we decided to get it. So far, everything is super good with them. Their reps were good too. I would recommend them to others.

The owner picked Harbortouch as she liked the price and we got a point of sale system and monitors. They're easy to use and consumer-friendly. The reps were all nice and the techs tried hard to help us out when we’ve needed it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

I am fairly new to the whole computerized system for restaurants, but I definitely feel that there’s some room for improvement with Harbortouch. Creating options in it is not the most simple of things. And sometimes it’s a little hard to get a callback should we have issues. We gotta wait a little while if we need help on the spot. It's a pain in the butt especially during a busy time. And trying to run reports out of Harbortouch, like if I wanna do an annual report to make projections based off sales, it takes an hour or two to generate the report, or the computer will shut down.

The Harbortouch team is always friendly. They're not always the most helpful, but it's been harder because I haven't done this in so long. It's been 18 years since I ran a cash register and things have changed a bit. The one problem that I had was adding accounts to our system and letting people charge stuff. The Harbortouch team kept telling me what to do, and I couldn't make the rep understand that I didn't have this button, so then he added a layaway icon, but there was nothing linked to that. It was very frustrating and I had a hard time understanding him. But other than that, I have one number for one rep and I usually call her directly. If she's not there, I leave a message and she calls me back really quick.

Harbortouch promised to match or beat the charges that I am paying with my other processor. Don't believe it! I am paying over 600% more than I was than I am being charged with all kinds of other made up fees. In talking to other Harbortouch users, my experiences are not unique. If you have had similar experiences, please email me at **, we are compiling a list of grievances to have them fix or take legal action.

I liked Harbortouch’s simplicity and price so I chose them over other POS systems. I’m pretty self-taught on most of this. I do a lot of readings, so I go on the internet. But a couple of times that I have called for tech support, they walked me through everything on the computer. I also like that when I call, I get an answer right away.

Harbortouch is a good company. However, they lack some communication sometimes. When the system goes down, they don’t post it up fast enough on the website for all of us to know. I'd still recommend them nevertheless.

Harbortouch was recommended through my accountant. I got two stations of a typical point of sale and they're very easy to use. That's very important, especially in training other people. I was also happy with their sales team. One person didn't help me, but as a whole, they were all very good. I found the customer service to be very good as well. I just had one bad experience where the rep couldn't understand what my problem was, and he was supposed to call me back the next day with something I was trying to rectify, but he never did. He was a very nice person, but he didn't follow up like he should have. I have to call again because it was never taken care of. But otherwise, they're very helpful and I haven't had a problem at all. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be, and I was very happy and satisfied.

The sales team was great. They worked very fast and efficiently. It was less than two months from start to finish when I started looking for a new POS. I like that their equipment is very user-friendly. Then their customer service technical support teams were always been able to fix the problem anytime I've ever called and that’s one other thing is the problems that I’ve had with previous POSes that I don’t have with this one, so that’s always a good thing. I would definitely recommend Harbortouch to my friend.

We needed another cash register and we got the POS system with the printer that prints in the kitchen. It keeps up quite a bit of stuff like sales and taxes. We’ve never had problems with Harbortouch. It's been an awesome experience.

I inherited Harbortouch and I'm happy with it so far. The older POS system I've used was much simpler but Harbortouch pretty much does what it needs to do and I like how it is set up and how it works. Harbortouch works pretty good and efficiently. It's easy to explain and work out with the cashiers and the servers and I like that it's pretty detailed.

When we were starting to get our business together, the person who was in charge to look around and see what was the best thing hadn’t done anything. We jumped on and started checking some different places and Harbortouch was willing to work with us. We thought that we’d have to put all the money straight out to buy this setup but it wasn’t that way. I also like that the equipment is nice and compact instead of being so clumpy like they used to be.

So far, we’ve had a lot of glitches here and there like getting in a jam sometimes at the cash register. There were frustrations because something didn’t get worked out as quickly as they thought and customers were lined up. Also, I'm basically an office manager who does reports, keeps the finances going and whatever else that has to be done along those lines. Sometimes our computers are on 24-7 and the store manager would come in wanting a report immediately. Sometimes, I am able to get the information right away but sometimes it doesn’t always happen that way. I’d have to call and get it sent here.

But my experience has been good because they've worked with me on it even though we have probably been a problem child to them and they've e-mailed a report to us a lot of times. When I call them, they give me the information that I need. I’ve been happy with Harbortouch. It would be nice, though, if it was all written out on my screen and I could just push the button and it would give me what I wanted immediately without having to enter anything in. Otherwise, I’d recommend them to somebody.

We have two POS systems from Harbortouch and I like how easy it is to make buttons, move things around, adjust things and make choices. However, the sales team did a recent update and they didn't tell us that they're switching and updating. Nothing would transfer over and so we went five days without being able to run reports and so communication between them and us, however it needs to be, is very frustrating. Nevertheless, my experience has been all right.

A company that we know was using Harbortouch. We asked them about it and they said they were liking it. And so, we gave Harbortouch a shot and purchased a POS System from them. Harbortouch's sales team was easy to work with. Moreover, I really liked that it is easy to train people on their system. It is also easy to use.

Dan our sales associate showed me a quick example of Harbortouch. After he did that, I went around to different restaurants and noticed multiple places using them. I asked them for feedbacks and they said they loved it. So I decided to give Dan a call back and meet one more time with the owners. Then we got it. It works a lot better than the previous POS system we were using.

The previous one, we were mostly just bringing stuff out but Harbortouch has all the info that helps in reports. It's a lot easier for payroll. I also notice that it sent a receipt to my kitchen, which was the main selling point. So we have two separate locations that are very, very close to each other, but one kitchen. We dug a cord down below the ground that way I don't have to run to the kitchen side to place an order. So it saves a lot of time. Their sales team was also awesome. They were very quick and easy to get a hold of and just every experience I've ever had has been amazing. They are super helpful.

We have the touchscreen terminal and everything's going great. When I contacted technical support with simple things like putting a new menu item or like a cocoa machine stopped working. And it mostly had ended up being the internet connection and certain things. They're able to walk me through any issues we have.

I’m familiar with Harbortouch when we had it in a place I worked before. This time we got the POS system, which has been excellent. It's easy to use and we're familiar with it. On the phone at times, they were real helpful. We have some problems here and there and they've solved the problems.

So far, our experience with Harbortouch has been very good. I like that our Harbortouch equipment is fast, easy to use, efficient, and it organizes things for us. I would recommend Harbortouch.

I Googled Harbortouch and looked at the ratings, the pictures, the customer service and a lot of videos of how the system works. It seemed that they were better all around and the sales team was helpful. They told me everything about the whole application process and when they would come to install it. I got the POS system and I like that I can go to the daily report and see every transaction and every category so, I don't have to worry about doing my report books. Also, whenever I have issues, I just give them a call and they get into my computer instantly. They recognize my phone and they help me right away so I don't have to wait. Their customer service is much better than I expected.

We’re a vape shop and what I like most about the Harbortouch system is that it is easier to find certain products and things that we’re looking for. We don’t have to go through a list or anything like that. We just type in the keywords. The other systems, it was more difficult because we had to type in something and then go down the list and try to find it. I’m not the owner of the shop but I have worked with our older POS systems, and I like Harbortouch because it’s easier to use. We got the system with the touch screen and the receipt. Any time I've called the technical support, it was always a good experience except for one. Perhaps it was because I never called back. It was something that I was trying to figure out on the system about how to print out the whole end-of-day. They called me back but I was busy here so I couldn’t really call them back.

Harbortouch's sales team has been fine. We purchased two POS’s from them and so far, I like its efficiency. My interaction with their customer service were mostly good. However, we had a problem with the credit card readers at first because when we got them, it was a brand new update that had just come out. So we have the newest POS computer screens, but we had to take out the card readers that came with them and have some temporary ones that we've been using for the last year and a half.

The new ones were so inconsistent, so maddening because it wouldn't read cards and names. One time, it would work for a second, and then all of a sudden, we'd sit there forever trying to swipe the card and it wouldn't work. So we just had to do it all hand and it was terrible. So the person that we bought this through came in and we have a USB wire hooked up to some temporary ones. So, that’s been the only drawback and it was fully disaster when they first put them on there.

Joel, the owner, really liked Harbortouch so we went with them. We have Harbortouch's POS system. We also have the Elite. I like that they’re nice and modern. They’re very easy to program, which is really good for us because we’re changing our menu all the time. We love Gary, their rep. He stays here and helps us program our ridiculous menu. He’s awesome. The people from the other program we had never answer the phone and the people at Harbortouch are really easy to reach and it’s a lot more convenient. They’re very helpful as well. They’ll log on the computer right when we need them to so we definitely don’t have any complaints.

The Harbortouch equipment is quick, pretty, and easy to use. I wanted to do the Quick Pay that used to be really easy to use but they said it’s gonna take a long time so I didn’t do it because we’re too busy. Everything’s okay with them so far.

We were interested in a POS system so I went into the internet, googled, and Harbortouch came up. We called them to see how they worked and it turned out we really liked the system so we started getting the process set up for them to come in and install the equipment. Their sales team helped me the whole way. The person who came and installed the POS system was with me and waited until I helped some customers so that I could get comfortable with the system which was really nice. Everything was really good and the equipment is super easy. We're all family in the business so everybody has memorized the menu and learns super quick. They knew exactly what to do.

There were a couple of times where the system got disprogrammed a little bit so I called their support team and they did everything for me. It was super quick, fast and easy and they walked me through the whole process every time. Everything has been basically clear. We would definitely recommend Harbortouch to somebody else if they wanted to get one.

The Harbortouch sales team has been great and the technical support has been good. I like the simplicity of the equipment to make my job easier. Though I'm still trying to figure it all out and getting to know the whole ins and outs of it, it is much better than the old register which we were using before from my other business.

Harbortouch seemed like a local business. We had Aloha system and we changed over. Harbortouch's sales team is always very helpful. They resolve a lot of issues quickly and waiting online or on the phone doesn’t take that long. We got the POS system, a couple of cash drawers, printers, and two terminals from them. The equipment's easy to use and it’s commonsensical. I can train anybody on it very quickly. It’s simple and the touchscreen's a good thing. The most important thing was there wasn’t the big cash outlay. They just take it out per month on a certain percentage so it’s cost effective and I don’t have to have all this cash upfront to buy the equipment.

Harbortouch equipment is easy to use. We use the cash register and printers from them. My experience with Harbortouch customer support has been good.

We purchased the POS system from Harbortouch. I like that it is easy to manage. My experience with it is good. However, the trainer does not train us for everything. And in fact, he himself said that he doesn't know much about it, too. There are things we have to be more educated about. We are not fully happy with it because there are simple things that we don't know how to fix or do. But I would still recommend Harbortouch.

Harbortouch Company Profile