toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Harbortouch has been great. We like their product. It's easy to use and very comprehensive. Moreover, anytime we've talked with their reps, they've been very helpful.

I am thankfully at the end of my contract. Got like 8 months left and I will have lived through this absolutely terrible company. Just wanted to take a moment and try to keep this from happening to someone else. I'm a retired banker that opened a little bar in my little hometown so I know both sides of this coin and this is not a good company to have in control of your money. You will come out the loser every time if you deal with them so just don't.

When we bought the business two years ago, Harbortouch was already in place. We have the Lighthouse equipment and it's two screens with two printers by the actual computers and then we have another printer in the kitchen. The equipment is okay but it has some bugs in it that we work around. It’s not perfect but it works as far as what we need it for. Also, I’ve had a lot of interaction with the customer service and customer support team for different issues like when the system was down and when we had a programming issue, and they’ve been really good. I’ve always been able to get a hold of somebody and they’d walk me through the issue.

Somebody came here and introduced Harbortouch to me. They said they’d give me a better price but I’m not getting one. After I signed the contract, I tried to call the sales team to cancel but they said I’m in a contract for five years and I'd have to pay a cancellation fee of $5,000. They told me about the cancellation before but I didn’t expect that much.

I want them to be fair. I have a fee with the service that I need to cancel and they're not going to help me to pay for that. Now, I have to run two companies at the same time, and I still have to pay the first company although I never use it because I already have Harbortouch, who doesn’t want to pay for the $400 termination fee for the first company. They should do that since I switched. Most companies do. After I signed the contract, I called them and asked why they won't pay for the cancellation, and they say that they cannot do anything because they’ve already hooked up the contract.

Mitch, the Harbortouch sales rep, happened to see that we opened the second location of our pizza restaurant. He then stopped by, introduced himself, and did a demo. We’re already set to go with what we are using at our other store. However, we went with Harbortouch, and a big factor of us choosing them is their seamless online ordering system. In our previous system, the order would come in and flash up on the iPad as email then we would have to enter that data into our point of sales system to create a kitchen ticket to start production. But with Harbortouch, when someone places an online order, it goes straight to kitchen ticket right into production.

The rep, Mitch, has been professional and answered all my questions. His claim to fame was he offer superior support to his customers, but I was highly skeptical. He mentioned a few accounts he had. I didn’t tell him everyone who I knew that he had on his account and I made some phone calls and checked up on him. A couple of people I talked to had good things to say about him. They weren't 100% sold on the Harbortouch system, but they were 100% sold on Mitch. Whenever they had an issue, Mitch took care of it and that has since been my experience as well. Like when I had an issue with getting a report and I faxed them. It was frustrating to try to pull those reports and they’re just saying the data is available. I don’t have their smartphone number so I faxed Mitch asking for support number and he just took care of it and emailed me the reports.

But Harbortouch is about as good as it gets for the cost, though it's far less than perfect. Although what I’m really confused about, which if I had known this in the front end I probably would not have gone with Harbortouch, is that Harbortouch has a system for wait staff and a system for delivery. Considering that we are a pizza delivery business and we don’t have wait staff that would be a better service for us. However, their online ordering system which is the main feature for why we signed up for Harbortouch, is only available for the wait staff system.

If I had known that beforehand, I would have questioned the decisions made by the company to do that because you don’t need an online ordering system for a wait staff. However, you do need that and you do need a driver dispatch system when you're in delivery business. We don’t have a delivery dispatch and we had to take what we most wanted which was the delivery and that’s where we're at. For most businesses of our nature, I would recommend Harbortouch but with those disclosures, so they might consider looking somewhere and compare with somewhere else.

My cousin is a good friend of the CEO of Harbortouch. He told me to get Harbortouch since he takes care of the credit card processing. They came and showed me the ease of using the system. I got two POS systems and a printer. I used to have another company and the system was really hard to use and was hard to add something on the new computer. But our Harbortouch system is really easy to use. I call them whenever something is wrong and they fix it pretty fast. Awhile ago the hard drive of my brain went bad so it was a whole ordeal. Harbortouch took over for a couple of weeks to get it going because they couldn't figure out what was wrong, but they finally did and shipped me a new hard drive and installed it. Everything is good now. However, they should do something about the credit card reader. It takes four or five tries to read the credit card every time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

We like Harbortouch and we’ve had them for a very long time. They're a good company and business. We had a couple of technical issues with our slider for reading cards. It broke and we had to get a new one, and we had a good experience with their technical support.

We have two POS systems from Harbortouch and their equipment is definitely easy to use. I like that I can change the setup of it easily.

My boss told me about Harbortouch. Their POS systems are free so we went with them. Their staff came in, set it up and taught us how to do it. I like their 24/7 emergency help and they've been nothing but helpful every time we've called them. On the other hand, we've always had issues with one of our card readers and they said it was the design flaw so maybe they can look into that.

The boss was using Harbortouch in the different store, so we just carried it over to the new store. Harbortouch's customer service is outstanding. It's a little long of wait time, but as soon as you get through them, they walk you through everything. They're also polite. We got the three different pay screens and the printers. I've been doing this kind of business for a long time. So, I went through a lot of POS systems. And as a driver, this system they got is one of the better systems I ever used. This is also very user-friendly. I don't think they got a regular inventory system in this model though.

The software is okay. Although, the only thing now we have an issue with is that the fees are too much because we are already paying for the equipment rental and then we have quarterly fees. We spoke to someone a year back and they said they'd do something. Otherwise, everything is okay.

I like everything about the equipment of Harbortouch and it is working good. However, there's one thing I want to know about Harbortouch. It's the end of the month and they are still taking $120 out from me. They said that's for the fees, but they're taking the fees every day and I don't know why they're taking $175. Other than that, I was very satisfied and I recommend them.

We have reached out to their technical support team for some issues and so far they've been very good. I also like that their equipment is fast. However, there are too many fees. I understand there are certain fees for the monitor but they have quarterly fees too that doesn't make sense. This should all be included in one monthly fee.

Never had any issues out of Harbortouch. Their reps are nice. In fact, we're set to call technical support last week over a credit card problem. But anytime I call them, they get the problems taken care of. Although I think the system could be a little bit more user friendly and I wish we could set up sub-categories and have it on the same screen. But overall, Harbortouch is a good service.

Harbortouch system was in place when we bought the business. They've been very helpful at the times when we've needed help. Also, the ease of operation is pretty nice and our people seem to pick it up pretty quick. We got a register and two printers. Now, we're talking about having another point of sale put in and my son has talked to someone at Harbortouch about that.

The POS is easy to use and if things go wrong we send it in and they send out something new so it's easy and efficient in that respect. My only complaint about Harbortouch would be is at night times on weekends they don't have enough support staff so if we do have to call in, we get long hold periods. Being that they intentionally went out and built a system for the restaurant industry, their highest times for staff should be at night on weekends when the highest volume in any restaurant is happening and the most potential for some kind of an issue to arise would be during that timeframe.

So if there is one improvement they need to make, they need to have a better support system available because it's very frustrating to be a floor manager and the computers have gone down or something is wrong and instead of being able to go out and assist employees and keep everyone calm, you're stuck on hold because you have to get the problem resolved. That’s probably enough to make us take a second look if we were to decide we’re looking to see what’s out there again.

Harbortouch is what our boss, the owner, wanted so we decided to get it. So far, everything is super good with them. Their reps were good too. I would recommend them to others.

The owner picked Harbortouch as she liked the price and we got a point of sale system and monitors. They're easy to use and consumer-friendly. The reps were all nice and the techs tried hard to help us out when we’ve needed it.

I am fairly new to the whole computerized system for restaurants, but I definitely feel that there’s some room for improvement with Harbortouch. Creating options in it is not the most simple of things. And sometimes it’s a little hard to get a callback should we have issues. We gotta wait a little while if we need help on the spot. It's a pain in the butt especially during a busy time. And trying to run reports out of Harbortouch, like if I wanna do an annual report to make projections based off sales, it takes an hour or two to generate the report, or the computer will shut down.

The Harbortouch team is always friendly. They're not always the most helpful, but it's been harder because I haven't done this in so long. It's been 18 years since I ran a cash register and things have changed a bit. The one problem that I had was adding accounts to our system and letting people charge stuff. The Harbortouch team kept telling me what to do, and I couldn't make the rep understand that I didn't have this button, so then he added a layaway icon, but there was nothing linked to that. It was very frustrating and I had a hard time understanding him. But other than that, I have one number for one rep and I usually call her directly. If she's not there, I leave a message and she calls me back really quick.

Harbortouch promised to match or beat the charges that I am paying with my other processor. Don't believe it! I am paying over 600% more than I was than I am being charged with all kinds of other made up fees. In talking to other Harbortouch users, my experiences are not unique. If you have had similar experiences, please email me at **, we are compiling a list of grievances to have them fix or take legal action.

I liked Harbortouch’s simplicity and price so I chose them over other POS systems. I’m pretty self-taught on most of this. I do a lot of readings, so I go on the internet. But a couple of times that I have called for tech support, they walked me through everything on the computer. I also like that when I call, I get an answer right away.

Harbortouch is a good company. However, they lack some communication sometimes. When the system goes down, they don’t post it up fast enough on the website for all of us to know. I'd still recommend them nevertheless.

Harbortouch was recommended through my accountant. I got two stations of a typical point of sale and they're very easy to use. That's very important, especially in training other people. I was also happy with their sales team. One person didn't help me, but as a whole, they were all very good. I found the customer service to be very good as well. I just had one bad experience where the rep couldn't understand what my problem was, and he was supposed to call me back the next day with something I was trying to rectify, but he never did. He was a very nice person, but he didn't follow up like he should have. I have to call again because it was never taken care of. But otherwise, they're very helpful and I haven't had a problem at all. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be, and I was very happy and satisfied.

The sales team was great. They worked very fast and efficiently. It was less than two months from start to finish when I started looking for a new POS. I like that their equipment is very user-friendly. Then their customer service technical support teams were always been able to fix the problem anytime I've ever called and that’s one other thing is the problems that I’ve had with previous POSes that I don’t have with this one, so that’s always a good thing. I would definitely recommend Harbortouch to my friend.

We needed another cash register and we got the POS system with the printer that prints in the kitchen. It keeps up quite a bit of stuff like sales and taxes. We’ve never had problems with Harbortouch. It's been an awesome experience.

I inherited Harbortouch and I'm happy with it so far. The older POS system I've used was much simpler but Harbortouch pretty much does what it needs to do and I like how it is set up and how it works. Harbortouch works pretty good and efficiently. It's easy to explain and work out with the cashiers and the servers and I like that it's pretty detailed.

When we were starting to get our business together, the person who was in charge to look around and see what was the best thing hadn’t done anything. We jumped on and started checking some different places and Harbortouch was willing to work with us. We thought that we’d have to put all the money straight out to buy this setup but it wasn’t that way. I also like that the equipment is nice and compact instead of being so clumpy like they used to be.

So far, we’ve had a lot of glitches here and there like getting in a jam sometimes at the cash register. There were frustrations because something didn’t get worked out as quickly as they thought and customers were lined up. Also, I'm basically an office manager who does reports, keeps the finances going and whatever else that has to be done along those lines. Sometimes our computers are on 24-7 and the store manager would come in wanting a report immediately. Sometimes, I am able to get the information right away but sometimes it doesn’t always happen that way. I’d have to call and get it sent here.

But my experience has been good because they've worked with me on it even though we have probably been a problem child to them and they've e-mailed a report to us a lot of times. When I call them, they give me the information that I need. I’ve been happy with Harbortouch. It would be nice, though, if it was all written out on my screen and I could just push the button and it would give me what I wanted immediately without having to enter anything in. Otherwise, I’d recommend them to somebody.

We have two POS systems from Harbortouch and I like how easy it is to make buttons, move things around, adjust things and make choices. However, the sales team did a recent update and they didn't tell us that they're switching and updating. Nothing would transfer over and so we went five days without being able to run reports and so communication between them and us, however it needs to be, is very frustrating. Nevertheless, my experience has been all right.

A company that we know was using Harbortouch. We asked them about it and they said they were liking it. And so, we gave Harbortouch a shot and purchased a POS System from them. Harbortouch's sales team was easy to work with. Moreover, I really liked that it is easy to train people on their system. It is also easy to use.

Dan our sales associate showed me a quick example of Harbortouch. After he did that, I went around to different restaurants and noticed multiple places using them. I asked them for feedbacks and they said they loved it. So I decided to give Dan a call back and meet one more time with the owners. Then we got it. It works a lot better than the previous POS system we were using.

The previous one, we were mostly just bringing stuff out but Harbortouch has all the info that helps in reports. It's a lot easier for payroll. I also notice that it sent a receipt to my kitchen, which was the main selling point. So we have two separate locations that are very, very close to each other, but one kitchen. We dug a cord down below the ground that way I don't have to run to the kitchen side to place an order. So it saves a lot of time. Their sales team was also awesome. They were very quick and easy to get a hold of and just every experience I've ever had has been amazing. They are super helpful.

We have the touchscreen terminal and everything's going great. When I contacted technical support with simple things like putting a new menu item or like a cocoa machine stopped working. And it mostly had ended up being the internet connection and certain things. They're able to walk me through any issues we have.

Harbortouch Company Profile