4.25/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 27, 2018

303 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 27, 2018

I own a restaurant in Meadville PA. We were looking at POS systems but they were so expensive so I kept putting it off. A local guy from Harbortouch came in my business and presented his POS system to me. The price was very affordable and the system looked and worked great when he showed me the demo system. After some time, I decided to move forward. I will say this. The system works great but when something goes off course, my rep is always available to me whenever I need him.

Customer service and tech support is always helpful when we need assistance. My rep will bring me paper if I get too low before my shipment comes in that I ordered, he helps my staff when I’m not there, he always answers his PHONE no matter what! He manages my rates and keeps them low without me having to flip out over fees. It’s hard finding anyone who sells a product stand by their product through smooth and tough. Not sure about anyone else, but my local guy is great and I recommend anyone who wants a Harbortouch system to go through Will **.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I was sick of my Micros and our previous system was old. And Harbortouch's Jon Taffer endorsement put me over the top. The rep was very persistent, which was good and he sold me on it. Moreover, he answered the questions I needed. We have two cash registers, three screens and a printer in the kitchen. I like their customer service and how the equipment is very easy to maneuver. I’m computer illiterate but I can pick it up. Their customer service was right there when I called and helped me right away.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We bought a business and Harbortouch was already incorporated in the business. We were not sure if we wanted to keep it or go with something different, and the rep, Oscar, came out here and did his whole spiel. He was very knowledgeable. I talked to him a couple of times and his actions were good. We have the one point-of-sale system with a register underneath, and a printer in the kitchen and a printer upfront in the main bar. The Harbortouch equipment is really the first point-of-sale that we have ever used. We used a very old school system before, so it was nice to update to Harbortouch. I’m still in the process of working on a new menu right now, so we really have not changed anything yet.

The learning process was pretty self-explanatory. Once you find where things are, everything has a category and a place. It is pretty easy. You have just got to look for them. We had maybe two phone calls from Harbortouch, just checking in and seeing how things are going, and everything’s been good with customer service too. My only issue has been with my credit card swiper and that seems to be a hit or miss thing. Harbortouch is great for some things and it works well, and I would tell a friend or colleague to go for it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Everybody at Harbortouch has been great. Anytime anything goes wrong, if someone doesn’t have an answer for me right away they go to someone else and get the answer. They don’t leave us hanging or anything like that. We get a really quick resolution to whatever our issues are. We have their POS system and I like that we have a touchscreen with it. That’s convenient.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When using Harbortouch sometimes it takes a little while on a lot of transactions but it’s super easy to split and to monitor. We have a point-of-sales system and electronic cash registers and it's easy to use. The only complaint I have is my other server has his number and if I go in and I hit my number and I close his tab, it ends up on my bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: March 22, 2018

A salesman came in and pitched the Harbortouch service. I figured out there was a catch to it but he sold me on it. We went back and forth, and I did some shopping around and it was the best deal. I liked their free POS upgrade. We had an older system so it definitely helps. The timing was right, too, because we needed to upgrade our system with all the chip encryption regulations coming down. We figured it was the best time to upgrade, and just paying the monthly fee is definitely worth it.

After the sales team, we simply signed papers and got the install date. Once the system was all installed, we communicate with the technical support through a phone call anytime anything goes down or we have an issue. We bought five touch screens, five printers, kitchen printers and handheld chip card readers. The Harbortouch equipment is new. It’s relatively easy to use and to program, and things are on the fly if you need to.

Harbortouch has 24 hours service. I can call anytime and while sometimes, there was a little bit of hold wait, it's the same with any kind of service and usually, Harbortouch has been able to fix an issue right away. They can log right in and diagnose and check anything within our system. If a printer’s been broken or stops working for whatever reason, they ’ll replace it right away and ship one out to us overnight. Harbortouch is definitely a newer system and there are kinks here and there but it's been fantastic. It's a good service. It’s definitely helpful when something goes down in the bar business.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Harbortouch POS Systems is super simple to work with. We have the touchscreen ones and we’ve never had a problem with it. Also, if we ever have a problem, customer service is easy. I’ve called to have them show me how to put stuff on the menu, take stuff off the menu and change prices, and I didn’t have to recall them again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The store where I work at uses Harbortouch and it works really well. I like that it's easy to ring everything up.

Original review: March 19, 2018

There’s a problem with the Harbortouch. There’s a lot of charges and it was not explained to me on the five-year contract. But when I call tech support if I have a problem with the POS or when my hard drive fails they’re really good. I will continue even though I’m done with the Harbortouch. My last month would be on July and they told me that I would not pay something because I own the machine.

With POS it's easy to have the beginning and end of the year inventory like for the taxes also and also for reporting. So while my concern is the payment like the extra charges the POS itself I don’t have any complaints. It’s easy also. It’s a retail store. And even though I sold a cellphone for how many years I could still see the serial number.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The owner of the business decided to purchase Harbortouch. We got the whole cash register system from them. It's user-friendly. But I still prefer the old cash register. When we don't have internet, we can't access it. When things happen like brownouts or power outage or when we don't have internet connection, we can't use it. We are paralyzed by that great amount of time. That's why I'm not convinced with it.

Original review: March 17, 2018

A sales representative who lives in our neighborhood highly recommended Harbortouch among several different systems he sells. He said the turnaround would be really fast on getting it programmed for us. Then, we also saw Harbortouch on Bar Rescue. The customer service is really good and they always address any issue. We have two terminals for the POS and the system is user-friendly. I would recommend Harbortouch.

Original review: March 16, 2018

A rep from Harbortouch came when we were opening our business. His name is Russ and he was a good customer service guy. The rest of the people in town are also using them so we just went with them. When we started, we used a cash register. We first just got the credit card system and once our business built up, we switched over to a POS System. We've had that a little over a month now. We love it and it's the smartest thing we've done. It has a lot better inventory control, it's faster and it doesn't tear up as much. It is also more efficient.

But in the beginning, I had some issues. When they installed the credit card machines, I had to have CAT5 installed first and they wanted to me charge $200 for a guy to come 40 miles to do it. I already had an electrician, who I was paying $30 an hour, standing there to do it but their rep wouldn't tell us what the wiring codes were. I thought that was crappy. The wiring had to be just right to make the credit card system work. That kind of pissed me off. I needed the credit card machine up and running because we were supposed to open the next day and I didn't have time to wait three days for their guy to come down there. Also, I felt like the local person should know how to wire it up to some extent where if I had a question about the wiring they would have an answer because they were selling me this thing. But I assumed it was a situation where nobody ever asked them before. In the end, we got it worked out though.

I would highly recommend Harbortouch. They have great customer service especially in the middle of the night if something goes wrong. We're a bar so we're open up to 3:00 in the morning. If we have any glitches or something goes wrong where our staff hits the wrong button and causes a problem, we could get them on the phone in just a minute or two and they would fix it over the phone. It's really good as far as that goes.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Thomas from Harbortouch came to the first restaurant that we opened, and he explained the system. Harbortouch gave an opportunity to finance the point-of-sale system. We then went ahead and tried them. The employees say it is good, simple and easy to use. And we like it. They have a good program where I can put our orders in the system. If I have any problems, I can call the number on the bottom of the screen and then they can help me online. Anything we need from Carla, a lady who works with Thomas, she would help us right away. The first time we worked on the system, we called them. They helped us on chargebacks. Now, we are good and we are happy. Other companies would offer their systems and I would tell them that when we tried to open a restaurant and that we have been here working six months, no companies showed up to show their system and now we have Harbortouch.

However, almost always, when we call technical support, it would take them a long time to answer. We were put on hold for 5 to 20 minutes. It already happened a few times when the POS system was out and the customer wanted to use the payment. They would then pay cash or sometimes, they would go the bank to get cash and pay. Other than those little issues, Harbortouch, in general, is good. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We’ve been using Harbortouch for the last year or so. We have two POS systems and I like how nice the whole reporting system is where you can pull out any kind of categories. I also like the inventory part of it, which is neat. Learning how to use it was very easy. My name was added as a contact, so anytime I had any questions I was able to call the 1800 number and give my name and they walked me through any issues that I had. So, that part was very smooth and easy to deal with. And, if they didn’t know the answer, they sent me someone that did. It was a good experience, overall.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Harbortouch was the system that the restaurant before us had. Everything was fine with their sales team. Harbortouch is great and I like that their system is convenient.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We bought this business last year in March and because of the bank we worked with, we had to get Clover unfortunately, which made us very unhappy. So we were in search of something to replace it within the grace period so that we could return Clover back. We heard from a friend who owns a restaurant that he had Harbortouch for some time and he was happy with it. So he gave us the number and we called Robert, who was our sales person. Robert came here, explained to us the system and everything worked fast. We got it installed before the scheduled date.

I have three POS devices, kitchen printers from Harbortouch. I have two workstations and one brain. I can do my table design and I’ve mastered it well. I can do anything with the Harbortouch equipment and I added many items and choices. It’s very user-friendly too. We’re very happy with it and even though I have very good offers for credit processing from other banks and institutions, I’m still with Harbortouch. The only problem is that the customer service is limited. I understand that there aren’t many people who can answer the phone for customer service but wait time is annoying. Other than that I have no complaints.

The guys from Harbortouch are very nice, always very knowledgeable and dependable. I haven’t had any questions unanswered by them. Whenever I called them everything was resolved. And if someone would tell me that they're looking for a new POS and asks if I have a recommendation, I’d definitely say yes and call my sales rep as he was nice to work with.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I like how the Harbortouch system is all set up. I have Happy Hours in there and I can press that and it will automatically deduct that stuff. It's also easy to run. It does not take a genius to figure it out so that helps when you're hiring people and training them on it. Additionally, they have a good and efficient customer service team. They didn’t take long to get through the problem that we had, and got it fixed. However, it would be nice to be able to put the ingredients for a specific drink in there, like you can put in two ounces of vodka, the ingredients in a Bloody Mary, Zing Zang, all that. In that way, when you are training somebody, they can hit it, and they can look at their screen while they are making it. That would be the biggest help. Overall, if someone would ask me about Harbortouch, I would tell them to give it a go.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The owners of the bar I work for had talked to a couple of people who recommended and had Harbortouch. The owners really liked the system. When we first started, I didn't know how to do anything. Their sales team was very helpful in walking me through stuff. I call them with anything that I need and they take care of it right away. We got the cash register on the bottom and then the POS on top. We also got a printer and a kitchen printer that are linked to our iPads. Harbortouch set everything up so easily and anytime I call their technical support team, I could sit and watch them do it, or they'd walk me through if I want to add a new item. I like their equipment because it has a bigger screen. The ones we had before were just like little iPads. Overall, they have been awesome and wonderful and would recommend them a 100%.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Our merchant rep started selling my boss on Harbortouch. My boss finally decided to give it a try. Then we had the POS system hooked up, plugged in, and with the help of Harbortouch, had all the bugs worked out. We've had nothing but great experience with them. Their staff is very helpful, especially when we were first learning this system. Anytime we had an issue, we just called them up and they took care of it. Moreover, they were able to handle problems remotely. They have been very efficient and have done a great job.

The equipment is fast and efficient compared to the old school way of handwriting little invoices and extending them by hand. We carry so many different items and we like the capability of being able to bring them up on the look-up. When we have an increase, we just update the prices and it's right there. We can change the quantity the customer wants, do the extension and process payment. It's also easy to add a customer to the base. We're in our second year with the system and we've been very happy with it.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was searching online for POS systems. Then I also saw Harbortouch on Bar Rescue and that was what closed the deal for me. Harbortouch must be a good system if they are using it. During the time when we were initially setting the system up, the sales team walked me through and got the process done. So far, so good. I have no complaints. I've had no issues with customer service as well. When they come, they talk to me through it.

We got their Hospitality Harbortouch which is a one type screen system with two printers. It's reliable for the most part. And they didn't charge for the equipment which was important. They made a couple of changes to the system. And it was a little bit of getting used to the gift cards and how to order them during the transition period. Now, they have settled it all in with how to work online as well as the station. It seems to be working well.

The only question I have is if I'm being charged for iPad's monthly use that we're not utilizing. It has never really worked good. They monitor everything else so they probably could monitor the use anyway. I can call and have that removed. Nevertheless, overall, I would not hesitate to recommend Harbortouch. They are affordable and they have good customer service. I had a wonderful experience with them, and I love them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

A few years ago, somebody came and talked to me about Harbortouch. I had a different POS system and I wasn't happy with that one. Then, I did some research and went to Harbortouch. Their sales team was quick and I was happy with them. So, I bought four stations for POS systems and terminals. Since using Harbortouch, when we call customer service or tech support, their staff are really quick to respond. Sometimes, I leave a message and they call right back. Overall, Harbortouch does what I'm looking for -- the reports, the speed, all that stuff. It's quick and it's easy to work their equipment. In hiring new employees, we would spend half a day just to teach them the POS system. Everything is there and so far I like the program. Their product is doing what they promised it would do.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Harbortouch had their own processing company and we could get the systems in there cheap. Their sales rep, Will, was good. We got Elite POS stations and a wireless credit card terminal. They were easy to use and customer service was good. My experience has been universally positive and I recommend them.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Harbortouch is a great company to go with. They got a 24-hour service and you can always get someone on the phone. I got the all-in-one touchscreen equipment and I like the convenience of everything being categorized. I'd touch the screen and it would do everything for me. Also, they have great customer service and they're prompt about helping me out with any problem that I have every time I call. When the system I have was processing slow, they figured out what was going on and they sent me a new system. It’s a whole lot better now.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Our director got Harbortouch's POS system with the thought that it was the best deal he had to take. Indeed, it is a convenience for us and it does all the sale for me. It’s wonderful and it’s great that we can use credit cards, since we didn’t have that for many years. Also, Harbortouch's customer service is very good. I called them when I couldn’t get my screen on and they got my screen up and fixed it. The tech support person I got was a very nice gentleman and everything was fine. The system is performing well and I love it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

It was for the money and because we wanted to computerize that we decided to use Harbortouch. It was kind of a no-brainer because it was all in it. Processing was less expensive, and we were getting the whole computer system. One of our clients is a rep for Harbortouch, and I had a good interaction with her. She was very professional and thorough, and everything went very well. We have the POS and then we also have Harbortouch computer where we book our appointments and all that fun stuff to keep our customers in. But depending on the day, there are some days that I don’t like the Harbortouch system at all. We had a lot of troubles, and Ian over at the support was amazing. He was like our best friend, and we haven’t had to call him in a long time. I think we’ve got all the internet stuff figured out.

Ther system started glitching around last week, so we turned it off last night and rebooted it today. So far, it seems fine. It just needed a break because we don’t turn it off at night and we just put it to sleep. I am not technologically inclined and I can call and mumble, but Ian knows what the hell I’m saying and he knows how to fix it. And he will stay on the phone with me until it’s done. However, I wish we could do the point-of-sale and book appointments at the same time because that sets us back a bit and it takes time away. I can do multitasking with this system and I can run a sale, but it’s sitting there thinking until the transaction is done. I can’t go in and even look at the calendar. Nevertheless, if someone asked me about Harbortouch, I would tell them to give it a try. It has definitely been better than some of my other experiences, especially with customer service. Harbortouch is above and beyond.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Harbortouch is a POS system that I've known about for a while. I looked things up online and I knew they were who I wanted to go with. I got the touchscreen POS from them. When I first got the POS system, the sales team said it was going to take about six to eight weeks but it actually took way a lot longer. I was pretty upset with them about that because I had opened my restaurant and they were supposed to be there a few days before opening and it wasn't here till about two or three weeks afterwards. But the sales team themselves, other than that, was fine. In the end, it worked out. They sent the equipment when they were able to.

Also, the equipment was easy to use and if there's a problem, I can call Harbortouch. It was to the point where my computer froze and I was able to contact them and they were able to go right into my POS system via where they were at and fixed the problem. And then, they explained to us what was going on and that we needed to shut our whole system down about once a week for all the updates. That has fixed the problem and we haven't had a problem in months. It has been great. They're easy to talk to once I got it all set up. They were also very approachable. I'd definitely recommend Harbortouch to someone else and tell them that Harbortouch is user-friendly.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

So unhappy with our Harbortouch POS system. We got the system in June. They came out and set the system up for us and it seemed to work fine. They didn't have the online ordering set up for us, but they got it going for us about 2 months after we first installed. It seemed to work fine and then in November the online ordering stopped worked. Called them and they fixed it, then it went out again. They fixed it and then a couple days later it went out again. Then there was some other business' menu linked to our online menu. Every time we called we were told they have a technician assigned and working to fix the issue. They have never fixed it. We called at least once a week since the system stopped working.

Today, 2/2/2018, we go to open our small restaurant and noticed it requires a login. We can't do it. The technician has to do it. When we call they say they will have another department call and they need to speak to me. I never get a callback. I called again and no call. Finally, by 11:30 am they call me back and ask me why I haven't been processing my credit card through them. I couldn't believe this!!! I can't even open my restaurant and they are asking me this?!? My credit cards haven't been processed with them since the online ordering completely stopped working in December. Not once did they call me back when I kept calling them to fix my online ordering.

Now they have locked my system and I can't even use my register to run my small business. They have high jacked my business and the fact that they haven't called me back after they hung up on me when I got upset with them, is ridiculous. They don't care about my business or family since my business is what feeds my family. I can't believe a company like this would do this. So unprofessional!!! Going through my emails I found an email from them at 6 am inquiring about the credit card processing and then locked the system. First time I ever had them reach out to me about it!!! Horrible, horrible company!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

In 2013 we purchased a restaurant that had recently closed, that already had a Harbortouch touch screen POS system installed. The previous owner closed his business and wanted out of the contract so we agreed to assume his obligation. Big mistake. We had problems with credit card processing the entire opening week. We ended up using a smartphone card reader to get through the week. That should have been our first warning sign.

Since that time, and for the past 4-1/2 years, we have had to put up with frozen screens, the inability to process credit cards, printer issues, and most recently 4-1/2 years worth of sales and labor data lost during a hard drive exchange on one of our units. In addition Harbortouch's POS system was breached and data stolen in 2015 and they downplayed the damage and the amount of customer information affected. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/new-mass-retailbusiness-hacking-customer-data-stolen-from-harbortouch-point-of-sale-systems-050115.html.

After enduring countless problems throughout the first 3 years in business, we insisted on new equipment. Harbortouch agreed to the upgrade if we would sign another contract extension. Desperate to resolve our problems, we agreed. That was over a year ago and very few weeks have gone by since that time that we did not experience some type of issue or problem. Since we had inherited the system from the previous owner, we requested and scheduled training on the system with our employees. We brought them in and after waiting for over half an hour for a problem to be resolved with their ability to access our screen, they cancelled the session and I never heard from them again. I am told that I have an account representative, however in 4-1/2 years I have never met or spoken with him/her.

On a positive note... the tech support team at Harbortouch are some of the sharpest techs in the industry in my opinion (except when they lost all of our data). Here lately they have been a little easier to reach, but there have been times when we waited close to an hour for tech support and have used the option to leave a phone number in order to receive a call back from them. I have probably left my number 10-15 times and to my knowledge have never received a call back. This can and has created a real crisis situation for a busy restaurant. Overall, while I am sure that every business that uses Harbortouch may not have had the same bad experience that we have, and I have read some stellar reviews here, I can only base this review on our restaurants experience. It has been difficult from day 1 to say the least. I do not recommend Harbortouch.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

One of Harbortouch’s people came and showed the product to me and we really liked the idea of it, so I brought it up to the owner and he decided to go ahead and get it. We got the register with the Harbortouch screen and the POS system. When the sales team explained it to me and showed me how it worked, they made it really simple. I really liked how they talked to me, and that’s what made me get into it. They explained everything thoroughly which made it easier for me to pick up on because I’m very illiterate when it comes to anything electronic.

Everything is set up more professional and it’s easier to read and do. I like how it keeps track of all the money whereas compared to the system we had before, we had to do it ourselves. I also like how it adds up everything for you and how you can send messages to the drivers. The delivery system is great and I love how it prints out the tickets in the back of the receipt whereas before, we had to write the tickets down. This helped speed up a lot of things. I have talked to customer service as far as when I had to get the gift card set up, and they were really helpful and they did a great job. Within a week, we had the gift cards going. They walked me through it and made it really simple for me. I definitely would recommend Harbortouch to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Harbortouch has been very good. However, the original person who sold it to us, Corey, was horrible. He met with us and was all gung-ho, then once the sale was done, I never saw him again. I wanted a third system on the patio so I e-mailed him three times, called him twice, but I never heard back from him. I finally got a hold of their guys from the 800 number and it was hard to get that third system. Everybody was being a whiner about it and it was quite the fight. They got a hold of Corey and dropped the paperwork off. We got it signed and I haven't heard from him since. It was frustrating since we bought the two systems initially and it took me three weeks to get the third one. It was driving me crazy. Corey was more interested in the credit card than selling me the system. His end was the process of credit cards and I get that. But if he doesn't want to deal with the hardware, then find somebody who does since we got stuck in the middle.

Nevertheless, their tech support and the people at their 800 number have been great. I liked that I didn't have to buy their system outright. I've already recommended Harbortouch to two businesses. The system is easy to use and easy to program. If I had a couple of problems with it, they would overnight a new monitor and walk me through it. That stuff is groovy and I like it.

Harbortouch expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Harbortouch is a national, award winning credit processing and POS supplier. They offer a range of products and services, including their free equipment program.

• Pricing: Free equipment is available with a merchant services contract, though there is a service agreement requirement.

• Remote training: Training on the POS system is available remotely, so new employees can be trained directly by Harbortouch on the latest information according to industry best practices.

• Customer service: Customer support is available 24/7, all in-house, so every call is answered by Harbortouch, not a third-party call center.

• Installation: The ordering process is quick, but it may take more than a month before the POS system is ready for installation. It would be smart to think this through before ordering.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas, Health Services