Call toll free
4.05/5
Based on 97 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

307 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Absolute worst in all that they do! Echo system never worked right. Poor customer tech support. Was to send tech to pick up old system when new hospitality system arrived. Never happened. Charged me over $3.000.00 for not sending back equipment. Representative Jesse could have cared less. Stated they do not operate that way. All notes for last six months on their computer spelling out all the runaround we have received. I would never recommend this company to anyone for anything! Turning over to attorney first thing Monday morning. STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

RUN RUN RUN!!! Do not use this company ever. First off the fees are ridiculous. Secondly we were threatened with being held with breech of contract because we did not process enough credit card transactions, even though they already charge a minimum fee each month if you don't process enough. The fee is $25. I was treated very very rudely by their "legal" department, the representative kept saying over and over you agreed to process credit cards through us. I told him we did and we are (we never accepted credit cards before).

I told him I cannot hold a gun to our customer's head and make them use credit cards, he essentially called me a liar saying everyone uses credit cards. They didn't believe me and blamed us for using another processor. I posted a complaint on another site, they contacted Harbortouch. Harbortouch contacted me and we made an agreement they would not charge the $25 minimum for three months to give us a chance to build up our credit card business (Jan-March). I accepted their offer and things were going ok.

In June they took out $143 and change for back fees which were supposed to not be charged. I talked to customer service again they said they made a mistake and charged double what they weren't supposed to charge in the first place! They "researched it" and said we were owed a $104 dollar refund to be put back into our account in 3 to 5 business days(request for refund was sent to management they day I talked to them) tens days later no money. I called and they are still"researching" the issue although they figured everything out 10 days ago. Please Please if you want a Point of sale system go somewhere else. Also, their legal department keeps locking our system and we have to call to get it unlocked because, we are not processing cards even though we have had the system since December 2017.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Our experience with Harbor Touch was terrible from the beginning. The programmers botched our inventory several times before it was compatible. Then they shipped us the wrong hardware. I was so frustrated at this point, I tried to cancel the order. The salesman talked me into giving them another shot. He said we had 30 days to cancel after proper installation if we were still unsatisfied. When they shipped out the second system, we ended up getting a case of receipt paper instead. By the time the proper hardware was installed, several months had gone by. We tried using the system for a couple weeks, and had nothing but problems. Now that we want to ship everything back and cancel, they are trying to charge us an early termination fee. This company is dishonest, disorganized, and a complete joke!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am taking the time from my business to write this review because I tried to solve my issues with Harbortouch without any success. I have been a customer for over 3.5 years, the system breaks down at least three times a week. Harbortouch has the back up to prove this. Being a small business owner, I don't have hours to spend with their technical support trying to fix the numerous issues. Within the last two weeks they told me I would not have a POS system for at least two weeks while they update the system, and when I told them that was not acceptable under any circumstances, the customer rep laughed at me. Harbortouch wants me to pay an additional $2,100 to get out of my contract because they "automatically" renewed my contract for three more years because when I signed on three and 1/2 years ago there was a small print clause saying they could do that and I signed it.

Here is where it gets tricky, I signed the POS system for 5 years, but the service contract was for 3 and automatically renews for three more. I find this to be very sneaky and misleading. Also, my system became so antiquated it stopped working. The contract was for an "ELITE" POS system, one that was supposed to keep up with the technology. That never happened. They also changed my pricing from what was signed in the original 5 year contract and was told they were allowed to do that. When I asked for a call back from legal department, it never happened. An entire year has gone by, and I am still waiting for my refund from a gift card program I never used. They continue to charge me monthly after several attempts to get it removed. I asked for that to be done on January 9, 2017. I have that information from their records, they told me how long I have been waiting from my refund! If anyone wants to do a class action lawsuit, please contact me.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I own a restaurant in Meadville PA. We were looking at POS systems but they were so expensive so I kept putting it off. A local guy from Harbortouch came in my business and presented his POS system to me. The price was very affordable and the system looked and worked great when he showed me the demo system. After some time, I decided to move forward. I will say this. The system works great but when something goes off course, my rep is always available to me whenever I need him.

Customer service and tech support is always helpful when we need assistance. My rep will bring me paper if I get too low before my shipment comes in that I ordered, he helps my staff when I’m not there, he always answers his PHONE no matter what! He manages my rates and keeps them low without me having to flip out over fees. It’s hard finding anyone who sells a product stand by their product through smooth and tough. Not sure about anyone else, but my local guy is great and I recommend anyone who wants a Harbortouch system to go through Will **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: March 26, 2018

I was sick of my Micros and our previous system was old. And Harbortouch's Jon Taffer endorsement put me over the top. The rep was very persistent, which was good and he sold me on it. Moreover, he answered the questions I needed. We have two cash registers, three screens and a printer in the kitchen. I like their customer service and how the equipment is very easy to maneuver. I’m computer illiterate but I can pick it up. Their customer service was right there when I called and helped me right away.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We bought a business and Harbortouch was already incorporated in the business. We were not sure if we wanted to keep it or go with something different, and the rep, Oscar, came out here and did his whole spiel. He was very knowledgeable. I talked to him a couple of times and his actions were good. We have the one point-of-sale system with a register underneath, and a printer in the kitchen and a printer upfront in the main bar. The Harbortouch equipment is really the first point-of-sale that we have ever used. We used a very old school system before, so it was nice to update to Harbortouch. I’m still in the process of working on a new menu right now, so we really have not changed anything yet.

The learning process was pretty self-explanatory. Once you find where things are, everything has a category and a place. It is pretty easy. You have just got to look for them. We had maybe two phone calls from Harbortouch, just checking in and seeing how things are going, and everything’s been good with customer service too. My only issue has been with my credit card swiper and that seems to be a hit or miss thing. Harbortouch is great for some things and it works well, and I would tell a friend or colleague to go for it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Everybody at Harbortouch has been great. Anytime anything goes wrong, if someone doesn’t have an answer for me right away they go to someone else and get the answer. They don’t leave us hanging or anything like that. We get a really quick resolution to whatever our issues are. We have their POS system and I like that we have a touchscreen with it. That’s convenient.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When using Harbortouch sometimes it takes a little while on a lot of transactions but it’s super easy to split and to monitor. We have a point-of-sales system and electronic cash registers and it's easy to use. The only complaint I have is my other server has his number and if I go in and I hit my number and I close his tab, it ends up on my bill.

Original review: March 22, 2018

A salesman came in and pitched the Harbortouch service. I figured out there was a catch to it but he sold me on it. We went back and forth, and I did some shopping around and it was the best deal. I liked their free POS upgrade. We had an older system so it definitely helps. The timing was right, too, because we needed to upgrade our system with all the chip encryption regulations coming down. We figured it was the best time to upgrade, and just paying the monthly fee is definitely worth it.

After the sales team, we simply signed papers and got the install date. Once the system was all installed, we communicate with the technical support through a phone call anytime anything goes down or we have an issue. We bought five touch screens, five printers, kitchen printers and handheld chip card readers. The Harbortouch equipment is new. It’s relatively easy to use and to program, and things are on the fly if you need to.

Harbortouch has 24 hours service. I can call anytime and while sometimes, there was a little bit of hold wait, it's the same with any kind of service and usually, Harbortouch has been able to fix an issue right away. They can log right in and diagnose and check anything within our system. If a printer’s been broken or stops working for whatever reason, they ’ll replace it right away and ship one out to us overnight. Harbortouch is definitely a newer system and there are kinks here and there but it's been fantastic. It's a good service. It’s definitely helpful when something goes down in the bar business.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Harbortouch POS Systems is super simple to work with. We have the touchscreen ones and we’ve never had a problem with it. Also, if we ever have a problem, customer service is easy. I’ve called to have them show me how to put stuff on the menu, take stuff off the menu and change prices, and I didn’t have to recall them again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The store where I work at uses Harbortouch and it works really well. I like that it's easy to ring everything up.

Original review: March 19, 2018

There’s a problem with the Harbortouch. There’s a lot of charges and it was not explained to me on the five-year contract. But when I call tech support if I have a problem with the POS or when my hard drive fails they’re really good. I will continue even though I’m done with the Harbortouch. My last month would be on July and they told me that I would not pay something because I own the machine.

With POS it's easy to have the beginning and end of the year inventory like for the taxes also and also for reporting. So while my concern is the payment like the extra charges the POS itself I don’t have any complaints. It’s easy also. It’s a retail store. And even though I sold a cellphone for how many years I could still see the serial number.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The owner of the business decided to purchase Harbortouch. We got the whole cash register system from them. It's user-friendly. But I still prefer the old cash register. When we don't have internet, we can't access it. When things happen like brownouts or power outage or when we don't have internet connection, we can't use it. We are paralyzed by that great amount of time. That's why I'm not convinced with it.

Original review: March 17, 2018

A sales representative who lives in our neighborhood highly recommended Harbortouch among several different systems he sells. He said the turnaround would be really fast on getting it programmed for us. Then, we also saw Harbortouch on Bar Rescue. The customer service is really good and they always address any issue. We have two terminals for the POS and the system is user-friendly. I would recommend Harbortouch.

Original review: March 16, 2018

A rep from Harbortouch came when we were opening our business. His name is Russ and he was a good customer service guy. The rest of the people in town are also using them so we just went with them. When we started, we used a cash register. We first just got the credit card system and once our business built up, we switched over to a POS System. We've had that a little over a month now. We love it and it's the smartest thing we've done. It has a lot better inventory control, it's faster and it doesn't tear up as much. It is also more efficient.

But in the beginning, I had some issues. When they installed the credit card machines, I had to have CAT5 installed first and they wanted to me charge $200 for a guy to come 40 miles to do it. I already had an electrician, who I was paying $30 an hour, standing there to do it but their rep wouldn't tell us what the wiring codes were. I thought that was crappy. The wiring had to be just right to make the credit card system work. That kind of pissed me off. I needed the credit card machine up and running because we were supposed to open the next day and I didn't have time to wait three days for their guy to come down there. Also, I felt like the local person should know how to wire it up to some extent where if I had a question about the wiring they would have an answer because they were selling me this thing. But I assumed it was a situation where nobody ever asked them before. In the end, we got it worked out though.

I would highly recommend Harbortouch. They have great customer service especially in the middle of the night if something goes wrong. We're a bar so we're open up to 3:00 in the morning. If we have any glitches or something goes wrong where our staff hits the wrong button and causes a problem, we could get them on the phone in just a minute or two and they would fix it over the phone. It's really good as far as that goes.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Thomas from Harbortouch came to the first restaurant that we opened, and he explained the system. Harbortouch gave an opportunity to finance the point-of-sale system. We then went ahead and tried them. The employees say it is good, simple and easy to use. And we like it. They have a good program where I can put our orders in the system. If I have any problems, I can call the number on the bottom of the screen and then they can help me online. Anything we need from Carla, a lady who works with Thomas, she would help us right away. The first time we worked on the system, we called them. They helped us on chargebacks. Now, we are good and we are happy. Other companies would offer their systems and I would tell them that when we tried to open a restaurant and that we have been here working six months, no companies showed up to show their system and now we have Harbortouch.

However, almost always, when we call technical support, it would take them a long time to answer. We were put on hold for 5 to 20 minutes. It already happened a few times when the POS system was out and the customer wanted to use the payment. They would then pay cash or sometimes, they would go the bank to get cash and pay. Other than those little issues, Harbortouch, in general, is good. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We’ve been using Harbortouch for the last year or so. We have two POS systems and I like how nice the whole reporting system is where you can pull out any kind of categories. I also like the inventory part of it, which is neat. Learning how to use it was very easy. My name was added as a contact, so anytime I had any questions I was able to call the 1800 number and give my name and they walked me through any issues that I had. So, that part was very smooth and easy to deal with. And, if they didn’t know the answer, they sent me someone that did. It was a good experience, overall.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Harbortouch was the system that the restaurant before us had. Everything was fine with their sales team. Harbortouch is great and I like that their system is convenient.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We bought this business last year in March and because of the bank we worked with, we had to get Clover unfortunately, which made us very unhappy. So we were in search of something to replace it within the grace period so that we could return Clover back. We heard from a friend who owns a restaurant that he had Harbortouch for some time and he was happy with it. So he gave us the number and we called Robert, who was our sales person. Robert came here, explained to us the system and everything worked fast. We got it installed before the scheduled date.

I have three POS devices, kitchen printers from Harbortouch. I have two workstations and one brain. I can do my table design and I’ve mastered it well. I can do anything with the Harbortouch equipment and I added many items and choices. It’s very user-friendly too. We’re very happy with it and even though I have very good offers for credit processing from other banks and institutions, I’m still with Harbortouch. The only problem is that the customer service is limited. I understand that there aren’t many people who can answer the phone for customer service but wait time is annoying. Other than that I have no complaints.

The guys from Harbortouch are very nice, always very knowledgeable and dependable. I haven’t had any questions unanswered by them. Whenever I called them everything was resolved. And if someone would tell me that they're looking for a new POS and asks if I have a recommendation, I’d definitely say yes and call my sales rep as he was nice to work with.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I like how the Harbortouch system is all set up. I have Happy Hours in there and I can press that and it will automatically deduct that stuff. It's also easy to run. It does not take a genius to figure it out so that helps when you're hiring people and training them on it. Additionally, they have a good and efficient customer service team. They didn’t take long to get through the problem that we had, and got it fixed. However, it would be nice to be able to put the ingredients for a specific drink in there, like you can put in two ounces of vodka, the ingredients in a Bloody Mary, Zing Zang, all that. In that way, when you are training somebody, they can hit it, and they can look at their screen while they are making it. That would be the biggest help. Overall, if someone would ask me about Harbortouch, I would tell them to give it a go.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The owners of the bar I work for had talked to a couple of people who recommended and had Harbortouch. The owners really liked the system. When we first started, I didn't know how to do anything. Their sales team was very helpful in walking me through stuff. I call them with anything that I need and they take care of it right away. We got the cash register on the bottom and then the POS on top. We also got a printer and a kitchen printer that are linked to our iPads. Harbortouch set everything up so easily and anytime I call their technical support team, I could sit and watch them do it, or they'd walk me through if I want to add a new item. I like their equipment because it has a bigger screen. The ones we had before were just like little iPads. Overall, they have been awesome and wonderful and would recommend them a 100%.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Our merchant rep started selling my boss on Harbortouch. My boss finally decided to give it a try. Then we had the POS system hooked up, plugged in, and with the help of Harbortouch, had all the bugs worked out. We've had nothing but great experience with them. Their staff is very helpful, especially when we were first learning this system. Anytime we had an issue, we just called them up and they took care of it. Moreover, they were able to handle problems remotely. They have been very efficient and have done a great job.

The equipment is fast and efficient compared to the old school way of handwriting little invoices and extending them by hand. We carry so many different items and we like the capability of being able to bring them up on the look-up. When we have an increase, we just update the prices and it's right there. We can change the quantity the customer wants, do the extension and process payment. It's also easy to add a customer to the base. We're in our second year with the system and we've been very happy with it.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was searching online for POS systems. Then I also saw Harbortouch on Bar Rescue and that was what closed the deal for me. Harbortouch must be a good system if they are using it. During the time when we were initially setting the system up, the sales team walked me through and got the process done. So far, so good. I have no complaints. I've had no issues with customer service as well. When they come, they talk to me through it.

We got their Hospitality Harbortouch which is a one type screen system with two printers. It's reliable for the most part. And they didn't charge for the equipment which was important. They made a couple of changes to the system. And it was a little bit of getting used to the gift cards and how to order them during the transition period. Now, they have settled it all in with how to work online as well as the station. It seems to be working well.

The only question I have is if I'm being charged for iPad's monthly use that we're not utilizing. It has never really worked good. They monitor everything else so they probably could monitor the use anyway. I can call and have that removed. Nevertheless, overall, I would not hesitate to recommend Harbortouch. They are affordable and they have good customer service. I had a wonderful experience with them, and I love them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

A few years ago, somebody came and talked to me about Harbortouch. I had a different POS system and I wasn't happy with that one. Then, I did some research and went to Harbortouch. Their sales team was quick and I was happy with them. So, I bought four stations for POS systems and terminals. Since using Harbortouch, when we call customer service or tech support, their staff are really quick to respond. Sometimes, I leave a message and they call right back. Overall, Harbortouch does what I'm looking for -- the reports, the speed, all that stuff. It's quick and it's easy to work their equipment. In hiring new employees, we would spend half a day just to teach them the POS system. Everything is there and so far I like the program. Their product is doing what they promised it would do.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Harbortouch had their own processing company and we could get the systems in there cheap. Their sales rep, Will, was good. We got Elite POS stations and a wireless credit card terminal. They were easy to use and customer service was good. My experience has been universally positive and I recommend them.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Harbortouch is a great company to go with. They got a 24-hour service and you can always get someone on the phone. I got the all-in-one touchscreen equipment and I like the convenience of everything being categorized. I'd touch the screen and it would do everything for me. Also, they have great customer service and they're prompt about helping me out with any problem that I have every time I call. When the system I have was processing slow, they figured out what was going on and they sent me a new system. It’s a whole lot better now.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Our director got Harbortouch's POS system with the thought that it was the best deal he had to take. Indeed, it is a convenience for us and it does all the sale for me. It’s wonderful and it’s great that we can use credit cards, since we didn’t have that for many years. Also, Harbortouch's customer service is very good. I called them when I couldn’t get my screen on and they got my screen up and fixed it. The tech support person I got was a very nice gentleman and everything was fine. The system is performing well and I love it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

It was for the money and because we wanted to computerize that we decided to use Harbortouch. It was kind of a no-brainer because it was all in it. Processing was less expensive, and we were getting the whole computer system. One of our clients is a rep for Harbortouch, and I had a good interaction with her. She was very professional and thorough, and everything went very well. We have the POS and then we also have Harbortouch computer where we book our appointments and all that fun stuff to keep our customers in. But depending on the day, there are some days that I don’t like the Harbortouch system at all. We had a lot of troubles, and Ian over at the support was amazing. He was like our best friend, and we haven’t had to call him in a long time. I think we’ve got all the internet stuff figured out.

Ther system started glitching around last week, so we turned it off last night and rebooted it today. So far, it seems fine. It just needed a break because we don’t turn it off at night and we just put it to sleep. I am not technologically inclined and I can call and mumble, but Ian knows what the hell I’m saying and he knows how to fix it. And he will stay on the phone with me until it’s done. However, I wish we could do the point-of-sale and book appointments at the same time because that sets us back a bit and it takes time away. I can do multitasking with this system and I can run a sale, but it’s sitting there thinking until the transaction is done. I can’t go in and even look at the calendar. Nevertheless, if someone asked me about Harbortouch, I would tell them to give it a try. It has definitely been better than some of my other experiences, especially with customer service. Harbortouch is above and beyond.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Harbortouch is a POS system that I've known about for a while. I looked things up online and I knew they were who I wanted to go with. I got the touchscreen POS from them. When I first got the POS system, the sales team said it was going to take about six to eight weeks but it actually took way a lot longer. I was pretty upset with them about that because I had opened my restaurant and they were supposed to be there a few days before opening and it wasn't here till about two or three weeks afterwards. But the sales team themselves, other than that, was fine. In the end, it worked out. They sent the equipment when they were able to.

Also, the equipment was easy to use and if there's a problem, I can call Harbortouch. It was to the point where my computer froze and I was able to contact them and they were able to go right into my POS system via where they were at and fixed the problem. And then, they explained to us what was going on and that we needed to shut our whole system down about once a week for all the updates. That has fixed the problem and we haven't had a problem in months. It has been great. They're easy to talk to once I got it all set up. They were also very approachable. I'd definitely recommend Harbortouch to someone else and tell them that Harbortouch is user-friendly.

Harbortouch expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Harbortouch is a national, award winning credit processing and POS supplier. They offer a range of products and services, including their free equipment program.

• Pricing: Free equipment is available with a merchant services contract, though there is a service agreement requirement.

• Remote training: Training on the POS system is available remotely, so new employees can be trained directly by Harbortouch on the latest information according to industry best practices.

• Customer service: Customer support is available 24/7, all in-house, so every call is answered by Harbortouch, not a third-party call center.

• Installation: The ordering process is quick, but it may take more than a month before the POS system is ready for installation. It would be smart to think this through before ordering.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas, Health Services