Call toll free
3.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harbortouch strives to provide customers with personal attention and offers a variety of merchant services. The company offers state-of-the-art POS systems as well as electronic cash registers and credit card processing terminals. They also provide in-house support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tens of thousands of businesses nationwide are currently using Harbortouch to make their businesses more successful. Visit their website today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

372 Harbortouch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 8, 2019

I'm not that happy with the equipment I got from Harbortouch. It is because I'm not getting enough information out of the reports that I need. I chose them over other POS system services as I was pressed for time. In addition to that, everything I read about their services seemed to fit my needs. So I ended up with the register that came free with signing up for their merchant services. Other than that, I had a good experience with Harbortouch's sales team.

Harbortouch response

Good Afternoon Maria, we are happy to hear that overall, you have been satisfied with your Harbortouch experience thus far. We would like to apologize for you frustration with our reporting. We are continually improving our systems and their reporting capabilities to ensure that our merchants have all of the information they need to efficiently and successfully run their business. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your customer experience, please email us.

Get expert buying tips about POS Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Harbortouch's rep came in and told us about their system. So far, working with their sales team has been good. I'm not that computer-literate and they are 24/7 access if we need help with that. So far, Harbortouch seems to do its job pretty well. We had one system originally that was innovative, Harborpay. They were testing it to get it out there and get some issues with it. There were a lot of good things about that system. It had some really cool, easier-to-use features, so we’ll probably switch to that once it is out to the public. We're with Hospitality now.

However, I was on Craigslist recently and there are ads and prices again from Harbortouch which make it seem like they're offering the system cheaper than what they're charging me now. So, I'm going to get my rep on the phone to make sure that I'm getting the best deal. Still, the Hospitality system has been doing its job for us right now.

Harbortouch response

Ken, we are happy to hear that you have been satisfied with your Harbortouch Hospitality system. We are continually working to enhance our existing products and introduce new products and services with our customers in mind. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your merchant experience with Harbortouch, do not hesitate to email us.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We’ve had Harbortouch for a while. We had another company when we first started 16 years ago but they kind of went out of business or transferred us over to Harbortouch. We had a slight issue with them, after the first year. We’re on the holiday season right now and my donors will go anywhere from $25 donation on a credit card up to $5,000. A couple of times, I had large amounts where, because I was new, they had to go through a process of making sure that there weren’t gonna be any problems with that. But otherwise, the reps are very helpful.

If I think I didn’t run a credit card, or I can’t find that receipt, I will call them. They’ll go back and look through my batch, and they’ll find it. I’ve never really had a problem. If my machine breaks down, they get me one in a couple of days. They’re always so polite and so helpful. Sometimes I make the mistake of talking to them on my main line, which runs my credit card, and they’re nice enough to say, “Okay, let me just call you back on your cell phone.” I’ve never had a rep that’s been rude or made me feel like “Okay, dummy. Do this this way.” They’ve always walked me through the procedure.

Harbortouch response

Eva, we are thrilled to hear of your positive experience with Harbortouch, specifically in dealing with our support departments. If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please feel free to send us a message via our Facebook page (@Harbortouch). We will be more than happy to assist.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We've seen the Harbortouch system in another establishment. We also saw it in a couple of the Bar Rescue shows, so we wanted to go with Harbortouch. The old owner, Mitch, who has passed away did all the dealings with their sales team and I came in and helped to do all the logistics. We got the POS system. So far, the equipment is so much easier to use than the old thing that we had before.

I was getting ready, though, to call Technical Support right now because I'm not receiving my daily sales reports. I used to get one emailed to me every morning. Our internet went down and that was a fiasco for three hours. Ever since, I have not received any of the daily sales reports through my email. We've called them numerous times, but sometimes it was a little bit of a wait. I just put the phone on speaker mode and left it down till somebody answered. But somebody always answered or if I left a number, they called back and helped me with whatever was going on.

Harbortouch response

Sheri, thank you for choosing Harbortouch as your point of sale solution provider. If there is ever anything we can do to make your experience better, please contact us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’m a busy guy and I don’t have time for the B.S. Running a business you get all kinds of B.S. from every company left and right. I met the Rep that covers this area, Will and he sold me on Harbortouch. I’ve had my issues with them but Will has always taken care of most of the problems that he could. He meets with me when I need him and makes sure everything is running smooth. Had some issues when they changed banks back in November and that cause some headaches. Will got it sorted out.

The company is good for the pricing and all but having someone that I can talk directly to when I have a problem and that answers my phone calls is important which Will does all of that. I’ve had the system for nearly 2 years at both my restaurants and everything has been good. Only downside is that you must do your processing on their system for the first 3 years. Will keeps my rates low so it’s not a problem for me. If you gonna do a system from these guys, make sure you have a rep that will take care of you. Sounds like that’s the main issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbortouch?

Original review: May 3, 2019

I've been with Harbortouch for more than seven years. My experience with them has been positive. They come in here and order good products.

Original review: May 2, 2019

So I opened in 2014, signed up with Harbortouch fired my junior partner after 4 months, contacted Harbortouch at least 15 times since then to remove him from the account. They still have not! Every time they send me receipt paper it’s addressed to him. Christmas card, addressed to him. At one point they sent me a new contract, via email to sign, with his name on it and locked so I couldn't change it. My last resort 3 weeks ago was to demand a representative come to my place with the new contract, or I will be pulling their equipment out for poor service. They have done nothing to correct the problem. I am currently exploring other options, for a different POS company. They obviously could care one bit about my complaint And now there's a class action suit against them for overcharging, great company. Look forward to breaking free from these guys!!!! JIM, OWNER OF JJS WOODFIRED TAVERN LLC.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I researched for POS systems online and I had to pick one fast since we were opening. I came across Harbortouch and now we have one POS system at the main register, a kitchen printer, and the iPad for taking orders at the table. However, the Lighthouse app on the iPad has a lot of issues and bugs. There are a lot of stuff with their system that could be better as far as the computer program, but they’re nice. I've had to call the technical support quite a few times and most of them were able to help with the issues I have. But they can’t change some of them because it’s in the programming, which is weird to me. They can't figure out stuff. Other than that, using the system is easy overall.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We've had a great experience with Harbortouch. Compared with other POS system products and services, Harbortouch had lower rates so we chose them. They gave us a credit card machine and we like that it's easy to use. The salesman who stepped in here came back and set up the machine.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I've had Harbortouch for years and the interactions I’ve had with the sales team have always been very good. I rent the POS from them. If they would have the truth for what I pay for it, my Casio thing would do just as well that I had before, but I am already in a contract with it. Nonetheless, I’d recommend Harbortouch to a friend.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

Read all the negative reviews. Everyone is completely accurate. The holding of funds, the overcharges, the customer service is a complete joke. They pass you from person to person for hours. The charges that appear out of nowhere. How can a company renew your processing company in January when you didn't even get the equipment until March to start processing with. They will say anything they need to. Changing the stories daily. This is the most incompetent company I have ever came across. Be aware that when they don't deposit YOUR money in your account and withdraws are not able to come out that is defamation of character. And it will cost you a lot in long run.

Hello Tammy,

We would like to first apologize for the negative experience you have had thus far with Harbortouch. We would like an opportunity to review your account and speak with you about any ongoing issues you may have. We were able to locate your account in our database. Someone from our upper management staff will be reaching out to you to discuss and work to resolve these issues.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2019

I was with Harbortouch for several years, the fees kept increasing to the point I was paying over 5% and then they added on yearly fees and monthly fees. I called to cancel, was told to send an email to cancel, sent the email. They replied with an email saying I needed to call to cancel. So I called again. They said I was canceled, but kept billing me for two months after I cancelled. I was being told one thing by the reps and the company was doing another. It was so bad that I felt forced to start recording all of my conversations with the company, informing them every time. Time and again what they say is not what they do. So now I will file a complaint with the BBB and also look into filing a lawsuit.

David,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and inconveniences you experienced with Harbortouch. We value our customers and are troubled to hear of your experience. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We got VeriFone credit card machines from Harbortouch. The rates at Harbortouch were better than what we had back then so we went with them. Their technical support has been friendly and courteous. Interacting with them was easy.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The person taking care of our bookstore did some investigating and talking to different merchant account people, and he chose Harbortouch. No other company even offered the point of sale system for our bookstore, so we were really happy about that. That's why we switched over. The prices were cheaper too on the fees, and the point of sale system that we got for our bookstore is usable, friendly and simple to use. The sales and customer service reps have all been good. The people at Harbortouch are very friendly and they're always a big help, and we appreciate it.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Harbortouch is a good company and we are satisfied with them. We have been using them for the last couple of years and our experience with them was good. My manager handles the POS system and I haven't heard any problems with it. Harbortouch representatives always help us if we need help with anything.

Original review: April 21, 2019

We've been with Harbortouch for five years and my experience with the company has been good. Their salesperson was friendly and serviced us. After his door-to-door, we get to their customer service directly if we need anything and they give us good service. But the charges and transaction are too high. I have the POS system, but now Harbortouch charges me processing fees. Next year, I will go for my associate bank but I will think about it if Harbortouch changes the charges. Other than that, everything is good.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We’ve been with Harbortouch for about six and a half years and our experience with the company has been good. We are a restaurant and we’ve got a POS system. Harbortouch has gotten better than they were when we started. We used to have a little wait sometimes to get a hold of tech support, but they’ve improved on that.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It was the first time I ever had a restaurant and Harbortouch had what I needed at the beginning. The sales rep was good and I bought everything over the phone. I got a POS system with a ticket printer and I liked it but it needs to improve. I cannot modify certain things that I want to, or when a customer asks for special requests, I have to go on the side and do more movements for the customer to get satisfied so, it takes away time. Nevertheless, I have talked to customer service a few times and they were nice and helpful. I will recommend Harbortouch.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I had gotten two POS with two registers from Harbortouch. An inventory company that I used told me about them and I went with the recommendation. However, I was misled. Five and a half years ago when I first got Harbortouch, they told me that after five years of leasing I would own the equipment and I wouldn’t have to pay the monthly lease anymore. Five years came and went and it's still not paid for, so I'm not really happy. The equipment itself is okay, but it's nothing outstanding. And at first, I thought I liked the service, but now my staff all said that it runs slowly so I'm trying to find a way to get out of the lease. We've called technical support on several occasions due to an issue. Sometimes they try to put the issue off to something else or to another person and it seems like the issue doesn’t get resolved all the time.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Harbortouch had a lower rate over other providers. They had a professional and courteous sales team. We got the VeriFone VX520 but using it is about the same as our other equipment.

Harbortouch response

Cindy, we are thrilled to hear that you are happy with Harbortouch! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please let us know.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have made a few big mistakes in running my business over the years. Among the top 2 are getting involved with Harbortouch. I was told by the salesman that there was a three year commitment. During that three years I experienced a multitude of issues, and paid over 5% total for my "free" system. the first red flag was that I went into it with some concerns, but was told there was a 30 day period that I could return the system.

A couple weeks in, when I called with some concern over the operations, I was told that the 30 day period was up, because it started the day the order was placed, and NOT the day it arrived two weeks later. That was the first indication that they were operating in bad faith. for the next few months every time they did a system update, it took place at noon. That was a busy tie for me, and the system shut down completely for 30 minutes or longer. Customers who couldn't pay just left. I called every time this happened of course, and got zero response. No consideration for the fact that they were costing me revenues.

There are many flaws in the system. The pool on employees contained all the staff that was ever employed, with no way to clear out all but the current employees, making it difficult or impossible to use. They could not calculate the hours for the staff. The daily reports had the credit line and the cash income line in random order day to day. Gift cards were treated as income when sold, and were treated as income when redeemed, so there was income tax to pay on both transactions.

The screen had categories and items, the categories on the left could be moved around to where it made sense, the items on the right went on the screen in the order that they were entered in the system and could never move. Many other things, that I have forgotten. I used to keep a list. But the main problem was that, after fulfilling my three year commitment I switched to another system which operates better, gives more options for tracking sales, hourly sales reports, etc., with many functions unavailable on Harbortouch. This was not my first change of processor. I had at first used the first processor to cold-call me when I opened up in 2008. They had some bogus fees, which at the time seemed outrageous, but they were less than 100 dollars each to switch bank account numbers after my bank had been compromised, etc.

I switched to Gravity Payments, and was assessed another fee that was hidden in the fine print of the 50+ page contract. Then when someone came in to sell me another system that was supposedly lots cheaper, I switched. Had no fees from Gravity. Then I bought into the Harbortouch deal, thinking that they were representing themselves fairly. I have rarely been so wrong about anything. After fulfilling my three year obligation, they have automatically unilaterally extended my contract three years for processing and 2 years for the POS system, (or the other way around, who cares which?) that means that a person can never make a clean break from their system.

Now they are charging me over 3,000 for leaving them, they say they assess like 79 a month for all remaining months on the extended contract. I have been referring them to my lawyer for a year. They do not respond via the lawyer. They have not produced a contract where I agreed to this automatic extension. I expect to have to go to court, and the possibility exists that I will be forced to pay their extortion. This is NOT the way a legitimate business operates. If they provided a good service at a fair price they would not have to use predatory techniques to make money and keep customers. TL/DR: STAY AWAY FROM HARBORTOUCH. If anyone is starting a class action against them I will join.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Harbortouch has done what we needed for the last five years. We're satisfied with them. I have recommended them to other people. We've had very good service as far as the tech support is concerned. They kept us up-to-date. We call them and have used them quite a few times. However, I'm not sure of our fees. Some of them were so high that we get charged. I wish the name could show up on their receipt so that when we run the credit card we would know the transaction.

Harbortouch response

Louise, we are happy to hear that you are happy with Harbortouch! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please do not hesitate to email us.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We had a POS from Harbortouch for four years. We liked the fact that we really don’t have to do much. We've gotten things synced up and put together on the system and it worked good for me. When I needed troubleshooting done, they troubleshoot it for me.

Harbortouch response

Johari, we are happy to hear that you are happy Harbortouch! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your merchant experience with Harbortouch, please let us know.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Harbortouch's customer service reps are good. They are there when we call. The system is easy to work with but it doesn't provide all the stuff that we need. Some of the POS systems have all the options and we don't have all the other options. Still, I'd recommend it to all of my friends.

Harbortouch response

Jose, we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with Harbortouch and your POS system! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please let us know.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have so much to vent regarding this company. First thing, please note the top of the page on this site says Harbortouch pays a monthly fee to participate in this site's "Program"... This is a hint towards how H.T. (Harbortouch) cares what people read about them. I have been using H.T. since 2014 and have made the swap to using them in 4 separate businesses since then. The original contract was for $.10 a swipe fee. This is the amount which H.T. collects for processing each transaction. The highest rate out of our 4 businesses is up $.41 per swipe! That's over %400 percent increase! I will mention that $.10 per swipe is high for a business processing avg $110k per month. I have found this out through a former employee who opened his own restaurant where he started using H.T.

The only reason he caught on was his accountant said, "What?! Where did the $20k go?!" Total sales from year to date and last year to date were less than $300 dollars more. But total income was $20,000 less. So he went digging and shared his findings with me. Now that all aside shame on me for not paying more attention. However this is where I am livid, I don't have or ever did to begin with possess a copy of the physical "merchant service agreement and/or terms of agreement". I only have our original application that was signed by us. I have put in requests for copies of service agreements for all 4 businesses because these documents have the terms dates begin/ending. I have yet to receive anything from H.T.

I called first hoping I could find the "Terms" referenced on the merchant application form, I was transferred twice and waited 45 min before I gave up as I had to be somewhere else. I've emailed them this request which they created a "Ticket" for and two days ago its status was "Resolved". I was sent nothing. So I called them and was able to talk to someone who assured me that I would get them by the end of the day yesterday. Surprise they haven't communicated anything. So at midnight I sent them another email demanding they provide me with the documentation I have legal rights to see, they auto-replied a message "Do not change subject. This ticket has been created per my request." No documents I requested.

The importance of reviewing these documents is that is the only place one can find the date which the contract expires before it auto renews and locks in another 3 year contract with H.T. 30 days is how long the window is to exit the contract from auto renewing. The importance of this is to avoid the outrageous amounts of the early termination fee set to recover "Damages" that would be incurred by $ they would've gained over the remaining time bound under the agreement +$35 per month for the length of time remaining. Then the fees, fees, fees!

Original review: March 29, 2019

A few summers ago, we were trying to use the laptops with the Harbortouch system. And that was the selling point for those. When I was setting up the credit card for the chips, the reps helped me over the phone. It took an hour to get all of them up and running. So far, I use it when I'm in the bar and I had to do all the to-go orders. I use it for to-go orders like drinks and food. I have used lots of POS systems and when you use the Harbortouch system, you just need to get used to it. I have no complaints.

Harbortouch response

Karen, we are thrilled to hear that you are happy with Harbortouch and your POS system! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please let us know.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2019

I got Harbortouch's POS system. Their processing was at 1.6%, which was lower than anything else. Every time I've called their customer service, everyone has been very helpful and got me where I needed to be, which is something I've appreciated. Also, when I purchased the system, the sales team I dealt with was really nice. However, there were a few things that I didn't realize. When I first signed up, I thought the contract was only for two years, but then later, I found out that it was a three-year contract. I also thought that the whole deal would have the same price, but the price went up twice during the contract. I would have liked a little heads up on that. There is also an annual fee which either wasn't explained to me well or I didn't understand very well.

While the system does a lot of good things and has done okay, it's a little over my head for what I need to do. I talked to some of the computer gurus and they told me how to get what I wanted, but it was a little much. Still, the main screen for the POS is user-friendly and I can see how it works wonders for restaurants and little retail stores. But since I do accountant things to tech support, I'm probably not using the system the way it should be used.

Harbortouch response

Good Morning Stephanie, We are happy to hear that you overall have been enjoying your Harbortouch POS system. Here at Harbortouch, we always keep the customer in mind when developing our POS softwares, and try to make them as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. With that being said, if you ever have a question about the system or would like a better understanding of its features, we would be more than happy to assist. We would also like to apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred at the beginning of your Harbortouch experience. If there is anything we can ever do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: March 28, 2019

This company is deceptive and fraudulent. Stay away from this company. Auto renewal, for 2 years, from a old contract that has nothing to do with current owners, increased fees with no warning, issues either avoided, or they can’t seem to help you, supervisors are nonexistent, if they do talk to you they have no authority to do anything but tell you someone will get back to you, which they don’t. We own our equipment but still manage to screw us with fees. The in town representatives are awful, clearly trained by the company to be as unhelpful as possible. Running a business is hard enough but to deal with this company is ridiculous. Don’t sign. Stay away. Yet somehow they’d probably still charge you. Anyone else with issues like this please feel free to contact me....

Elizabeth,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with Harbortouch. Our sales partners are trained to be as knowledgable about Harbortouch and our products and as helpful to potential and existing customers as possible. It is unsettling to hear that you have had the opposite experience. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you and speak with you about the issues at hand. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone from our top management team will be reaching out to speak with you.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I found an ad about Harbortouch on Craigslist and the way they worked with me made the decision to go with them easy. I had gotten the POS system, and setting everything up was easy and smooth sailing. I like that the equipment is easy to use and the system is easy to work with. Once you start using it, it is just common sense.

Harbortouch response

Venessa, we are thrilled to hear that you are happy with Harbortouch and your POS system! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your customer experience, please let us know.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Harbortouch's pricing made us choose them. And our interaction with their reps was easy. We bought the whole POS and have a few terminals. We like that the equipment is easy to use. Plus, their technical support team easily handled the situation when we contacted them.

Harbortouch response

Ryan, we are happy to hear that you are happy Harbortouch! If there is anything we can ever do to improve your merchant experience with Harbortouch, please let us know.

Harbortouch expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Harbortouch is a national, award winning credit processing and POS supplier. They offer a range of products and services, including their free equipment program.

• Pricing: Free equipment is available with a merchant services contract, though there is a service agreement requirement.

• Remote training: Training on the POS system is available remotely, so new employees can be trained directly by Harbortouch on the latest information according to industry best practices.

• Customer service: Customer support is available 24/7, all in-house, so every call is answered by Harbortouch, not a third-party call center.

• Installation: The ordering process is quick, but it may take more than a month before the POS system is ready for installation. It would be smart to think this through before ordering.

• Best for: Retail Stores, Restaurants, Salons and Spas, Health Services