Wal-Mart Pet Department
3.44/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pet store?

Wal-Mart Pet Department

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: March 29, 2018

371 Wal-Mart Pet Department Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 29, 2018

Walmart is the place that I feel very very special. I love to go there and they know me by name. They are always there to help me and answer my questions. Also, I have kids and I love to hear about the new things happening.

Original review: March 29, 2018

They don't carry the higher quality foods. Also, customer service is awful. But it's great for ability to pick up pet food while doing other shopping and with the new pick up options it's very convenient.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

More of a selection of dog foods would be nice. More grain free dog foods would be better choices for an average family. More large sized boxes of treats would be helpful as well.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I love looking through the pet supplies. They have a large variety and I can usually find what I need. The price is usually good compared to other places. But they could use more help to assist their customers in need of help.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The staff is very helpful if I have questions. They carry the regular brands and the special brands, and the selection is great. It is nice having a store within driving distance to fulfill my pets needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I shop at Walmart for my pet needs because they carry all the products that I buy and use, at the lowest prices. I've checked Petco and PetSmart, and Walmart just beats their prices on everything I buy.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Walmart stores are usually in disarray and nothing is ever in the same place twice! As far as the quality or price, I feel like you can get more for your money at Walmart for the same quality as the more expensive stores.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My local is ok but not consistent on what they carry. My animals like something then they don't restock. Then two months later they restock it again and it's so frustrating. I get so upset.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I shopped in all different stores. The best value for your money is Walmart. Their cat food doesn't sit on the shelf long so I know it is fresh. My cat is happy with her food.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Walmart has a good selection of various pet foods, toys, treats, to choose from for your pet. They also carry a variety of things such as cat litter and leashes, bowls, etc. Their prices are very competitive and in most cases, a lot cheaper than their competition.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Although each Walmart has a different variety of items, the prices are less expensive than other stores. Usually the litter is priced good. The Walmart neighborhood store is great, however sometimes when litter is on sale, it is completely gone. Also the price display is frequently missing or items are placed far from the price amount.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I'm at Wal-Mart 3 times a week, usually I can find whatever I need, cat food, sometimes they're out of my special flavor, then I go to another Wal-Mart to see they are out also, understanding, Wal-Mart warehouse, is out, that doesn't feed my 3 picky fur babies. Still my favorite store. Always have a good experience at Wal-Mart.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Wal-mart does restock quite often. They do run out of their supplies of dog or cat food. But I like to shop there since I know the products are fresh...

Original review: March 22, 2018

Walmart is my first choice for shopping for my cats. The others such as PetSmart have a larger selection, and carry specialty items, but I will usually return to Walmart for my weekly shopping as their prices are much better.

Original review: March 22, 2018

There is not enough selection and you have to buy larger sizes in dry food. They do sell popular brands at decent prices and a few "Select" brands also at a moderate price range which is in their favor.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I typically have to "settle" for another product because what I am looking for is out of stock. They either don't have the size I need, the brand I usually buy or there is only one when I need 3.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Walmart's pretty good for the price... not as many options but the not a pet store! I can usually find what I need and like I said can't beat the prices!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've had dogs all my life. Bottom line you can get the same product much cheaper at Wal-mart. Why shop at fancy places when you can save more than a few bucks!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Yes! I have several pets that I shop for! And I usually shop the fish department first because Walmart's fish always look as if they have not been taken care of! There's usually one or two floaters and the Beta Fish let's just say not healthy! Usually you can find abundance of food and cute outfits, but never a Customer Service Employee that has a smile and has something to say about its pet department needs! No Help!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Walmart get customer in and get them out. Rarely a employee in site, stupid cashiers, and long lines. Bad selection for bird products: food, toys, perches. They give dogs most attention in inventory than cats.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Walmart's Pet Department is an okay place to shop for your pets if you are on a budget. The value is OK but the customer service in that department is nonexistent!

Original review: March 18, 2018

They are changing suppliers and the prices are much higher, less product per package, very disappointing. I shop here to save money, not to spend more and receive less.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The only reason I even go into a Walmart, is when helping an elderly friend. She insist on getting her canned dog food (she mixes it w/ high quality dry food) at Walmart. She can barely lift ONE can, so I go for her and buy at least a case and stock her pantry for her. The stores are filthy and almost no selection. There's never anyone to assist with anything. No baskets available, if you enter the door closest to where the dog food is stocked. I'd rather go to even a grocery store that stocks this same product.

Original review: March 17, 2018

They always have the dog food brand my dogs like. I know that if it's out in one store I can always go to Walmart and get it and the price is sometimes less than other stores.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Wal-Mart has the lowest prices on pet supplies. I know the pet food is fresh and I am not paying more than is necessary. I don't want to buy dry pet food that has been sitting on the shelf for a extended period of time because the store tried to overcharge for said product.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Overall not too bad. Convenient to pick pet food while shopping and most times have what I'm looking for. I hear PetSmart help with dog charities. I like that. I'm big on animal welfare. They don't have a voice. Too much abuse going on.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The Wal Mart I shop at is always busy but seems to be well stocked. If there is something missing they are always willing to check their hand held screens. Going to the back whenever it is in stock. People are always in the area willing to help out, finding stuff whenever it cannot be located by the customer. Stock always seems fresh and no expired product on the shelves so far.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The fish tanks are usually closed and if there is any fish there are very few. Usually low on bag food. And also, hardly ever see anyone working this department.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Some stores do not have rocks for fish tanks so I had to stop by several different stores to find them, but that store had a large assortment to choose from.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I usually only buy kitty litter here. It's a lot cheaper than others. But the selection and customer service at the Palatine Walmart is atrocious! Stuff is haphazardly arranged or just ripped opened.

Wal-Mart Pet Department Company Information