Wal-Mart Pet Department
3.41/5
  • 1 star
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pet store?

Wal-Mart Pet Department

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 4, 2018

313 Wal-Mart Pet Department Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

WalMart offers decent dollar value but nothing in terms of customer service of expertise. Provided you are an educated consumer WalMart offers several name brand items at a reduced cost to the larger pet specialty stores. However, the staff is not knowledgeable if and when you can find a person to actually help. When I decided to purchase a new puppy I went to PetSmart. Priced all the items I would need and then went to WalMart to do a comparison and by far I saved myself a good 25% if not more on certain items.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Okay, I am beyond appalled and I am calling out Walmart Clayton - Hoke Rd. If you are going to carry fish (and you really should NOT since nobody ever takes care of them), do you find this acceptable??? Not enough water and what is in there is filthy!!! This poor guy is now in my aquarium, hopefully he has a chance. No living thing should be neglected, not even a betta fish. Shame on you, Walmart. Very disappointing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Had to wait a long time for someone to help us. We were not informed of the care the pet needed. Very disappointed. Felt the salesperson was uninformed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have 2 dogs and a cat and Walmart is so close to where I live. The prices and quality of the pet food are really reasonable. Also, the people that work there are kind and very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

They don't restock pet supplies, every time I go there, the same items not on the shelf. Some items not marked and their scanner machine wasn't working. I would prefer to go to PetSmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Wal-Mart has poor selection of foods, poor quality pet toys and grooming and poorly organized displays. They have outdated products and prices higher than PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus. Employees rude too.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I feed 13 cats or more twice daily. They are not all mine but deserve to eat well. I can feed them all with a good brand for less by going to WalMart as they always have a great variety of cat food, priced less than any other store I shop. That is my one stop store, saving me time and money.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

They don't carry that many dog toys and don't have enough healthy dog food like bones and treats. It smell bad and the prices are not that great for what they have.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Never anyone around to help you find something and also very limited inventory. Not enough products made in the USA. I don't like to give my dogs things made in other countries.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

The price for pet goods is competitive, but the quantity and variety of pet foods, and pet products are very limited. For instance, I could only find one brand of litter liners in my local Walmart department store.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

WalMart has very good prices on basic Cat and Dog Food. They do not have the variety of more expensive and natural animal products as the name brand stores but offer enough of a variety for everyday use.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

If you go to Walmart Neighborhood Market, they are much smaller than Walmart Supercenter and therefore they have a much smaller variety of products. I shop there most often but if I need some specific I will go to the Supercenter to get it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I really love Super Walmart's Pet department because I can always find all pet products that I need. It has many brands and quality is always there. I have only experienced a problem in getting help from an employee... could not find anyone when I needed them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Wal_mart has a fair amount of choices and products but not nearly enough. When looking for a particular brand or quality, the selections are limited. And the prices are not usually competitive.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This store is convenient. It has what I need and the people are very helpful. I have even been able to order things with them and send the items to friends and family with no hassle. They are also willing to go the extra mile to make me and my pet happy!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

The selection is very limited especially for farm animals. This is bad in a rural area where customers may not have the means to drive up to 60 miles to another town.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have always been able to pick up what I need. They usually have a great selection of items to pick from and almost always have what I want. The prices are always reasonable too.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Need more help to help more people find the things we need. The prices are ok but need more brands and more things like collars for small puppies.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I am always able to get the brand of dog food I use and other dog treats. They have ample supply on display and easy to reach. Also, prices are usually lower.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Products should not look like month old bread, merchandise looking flat like crap and things looking like old blanket disarray, not a good sign that I want to spend my money.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Walmart has a wide variety of foods. They have the average and below average food of what I would think of giving my pet (child). I usually buy the more expensive food in refrigerator. They help me spend for my budget for both animals (4) and human 3 within my budget. I prepare my babies one half human food. They are over 10 year plus. One cat is 16 and very healthy. Sales and coupons really help me keep everyone healthy and well on a limited budget.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Walmart always carry different brands of dog food and other items for my fur babies. Don't have it in the store? You can always order online for a much lesser price than pet stores.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I went to Walmart looking for a harness or collar. The Walmart brands are not that sturdy for large dogs but they have lots to choose from and I was very pleased.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Wal-Mart has prices that are a little lower than other stores, but the selection is very limited. Their selection of goods can meet most of the pet owner's needs, but if you want specialized things (pet clothes, toys, gourmet treats) you will need to look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Walmart could carry some of the better pet foods, more choices! Dept. is often in disarray and hard to find some things. Prices are good on what products they do carry.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I usually buy all my pet food at Walmart and occasionally a pet bed. I've been satisfied with the quality of everything I buy, taking pricing into consideration. The staff help in Walmart and tries hard to assist with any questions. But if I need collars or harnesses, or specialty foods, I shop elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Department, locally, is usually pretty messy. Selection is mediocre, but cheap good products are available. Not ever any customer service in this department with any product knowledge and not a huge cat supply, but larger dog supply. Exotic or non fluffy animal selection is almost nil.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have shopped Wal-Mart pet section for years. And I have never had a problem getting anything I needed. Sometimes I ask them to order a certain food for my cat, and next week it's usually there. The employees are helpful and willing to take the extra step to make me happy.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Wal-Mart is my go to store for whenever I need anything. I buy 95% of my pet care products there like my monthly pet food and treats and my first stop when looking any products needed. If one reads the product's labels Wal-Mart is a safe and reasonable place to buy all things related for your pets. But one major concern I do have is that they sells products that are made in China especially food items. It is known fact that Chinese made dog treats can be dangerous to dogs because of poor quality control.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Has the best prices on canned dog food, as I have five dogs use a can daily. Also the bird seed was a great value, unfortunately not allowed to feed the pigeons anymore.

Wal-Mart Pet Department Company Information

Walmart
    www.walmart.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use