3.30/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Ultra Holistic Dog Food

Looking for a good dog food brand?

35 Ultra Holistic Dog Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2018

I bought Nutro's Ultra weight management because my Rottweiler had just turned 7 and was a bit overweight. I just knew it would be great because we've fed her Nutro's Lamb and rice since we got her at 4 months old. Not only did her personality change but her stools were so soft, they were like pudding. And she started shedding extremely bad. So that made me go back and read some reviews and I found out I wasn't the only pet parent experiencing this nightmare. We switched back to the lamb and rice and in about 2 weeks things were back to normal. I don't know what's wrong with this formula but don't give it to your fur babies!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I decided to try Nutro Ultra Puppy for my 10-month-old. I wanted to love it but I believe it made him sick. I started a slow transition from his old food. He began to act lethargic and would whine like he was in pain. I've never seen him act like this. It also seemed like maybe he needed out to urinate more than usual. He's supervised closely and I'm sure he didn't eat anything he shouldn't. The next morning I switched back to his old food only and he was much better. The food smelled very bad to me, and I don't know if that's normal or if I got a "bad batch." My boy means a lot to me and this was a scary experience. I won't buy anything that says Nutro after this.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have used Nutro Ultra for 9 years. The last couple of bags we have bought have been full of trash! Little bits of blue plastic, white plastic threads that look kind of like what you pull to open packages and huge rat turds. My eyesight isn't too good, and I just thought maybe at first that it was bits and pieces of the fruits, veggies that go in the food, but my husband inspected it more closely and discovered that it was all bits of plastic and rat turds. I had just bought a new bag but returned it. I will not buy any more of the Nutro brand dog food. I had noticed in the dogs' poop that there were odd looking colors in it. I just wonder how long I have been feeding my dogs trash!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My dog has a lot of food allergies that affect her skin and Ultra Holistic Dog Food was recommended to me by a friend. My dog liked the food and it’s amazing but it smelled horrible and worse than a normal dog food, so I would improve the smell if I could. There were also little bits of fruit or something in it that my dog didn't really like and she would only eat them if another dog was around. But that wouldn't stop me from buying it again. It would be nice to have more flavor for allergy sensitive dogs.

I like that Ultra Holistic Dog Food was all natural and didn't have all kind of fillers and additives in it. It wasn't too overpriced which was good and it was easy to find at any local pet store. It came in a variety of sizes and flavors although my dog could only eat one specific flavor. My dog is allergic to sweet potatoes and that seems to be in a lot of natural holistic dog foods which prevents me from buying a lot of brands. I would recommend Ultra Holistic Dog Food to other pet owners who were looking to find a natural food or had a dog with severe allergies.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I like that the food is grain free which means it is free of corn and gluten. The pellets are small for my dog who is smaller, 30 lbs, so she can eat it. I like that it comes in many flavors for variety for my dog. She likes it a lot. But the price is outrageous. It's hard to pay for it when I need a new bag. I wish there were coupons to use to make it slightly cheaper. It's expensive but high quality for my dog.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ultra Holistic Dog Food?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It works best for my dog. I've tried multiple brands of dog food and lots of them seemed to not catch his attention to eat. I then changed the brand into a more expensive brand and he finds his way to eat enough before going to drink his water. However, I feel like the prices of dog food should change. I feel as if they're humans as well and some dogs only eat certain foods. You can't get every dog to eat the same brand of food rather it looks better or not.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My dog had digestive issues. He was unable to keep anything down. After using the superfood, he completely regained his appetite and stopped vomiting. It is a wet dog food and it has chunks in gravy. It smells like your basic wet dog food, but it is clearly higher quality. My dog enjoyed the taste more than most food. However, I would like if it was cheaper. It is quite expensive and the only food my dog can eat. Other than the price, this food is wonderful. I am still willing to pay for it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

These brands contain the well amount of nutrients my dog requires to keep a healthy diet. I am very picky on the things I feed my dogs. I look for the best foods that contain natural health ingredients that will give my dog a healthy coat, healthy bones, is not too hard on their teeth, and is healthy for their digestive system. The texture is a little bit rough but not too rough and it smells like chicken and fish or beef. My dog seems to like it when there's a little bit of wet food added to the kibble. However, I tend to not like the prices. I sometimes find it hard to find a reasonable price food for my dog that is not being cheap when it comes to the nutrients and needs of my dog. I wish these brands would have more available coupons that would help reduce the price of the product.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Food was good quality and healthy. I tried this because of a sample I had gotten. My dogs enjoyed it, and it smelled decent. Would buy more if it were on sale or there were coupons. Don't see this in supermarkets - have to go to Petsmart to get it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

Me and my girlfriend has 4 dogs and all of them are Shih Tzu. All of them eat Holistic Recipe's Adult Meal every day. Our dogs love it. They are healthy, energetic and have soft hair. I can say that it gives complete nutrition to our pets. One good thing is it's not pricey too.

Ultra Holistic Dog Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Ultra-Holistic Dog Foods uses a blend of ingredients to provide dogs with nutrition, help the strength and shininess of their coats and keep them healthy.

• Ingredients designed for healthy skin: Flaxseed and sunflower oil found in Ultra Holistic's blends help improve dogs' skin health.

• Carrots and spinach promote healthy vision: Carrots, spinach and other ingredients help dogs keep their eyes healthy and their vision sharp.

• Natural antioxidants: The antioxidants in blueberries and other natural ingredients help boost dogs' immune systems.

• Animal-based protein builds muscles: Natural, animal-based sources of protein help dogs strengthen their muscles.

• Designed with heart health in mind: Combinations of ingredients are designed to strengthen dogs' heart health.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Ultra Holistic Dog Food Company Information