The Puppy Experience

Aquebogue, NY

Compare Pet Stores

Research top Pet Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Here is my third update regarding my complaint. After John told us to dispute the charges on our credit card, I thought we were done. Boy, was I wrong! Today, we received notice from the CC company that the owner, Scott (who has refused to answer a single one of our calls), responded and wanted his money for a dog he never provided! These people are scam artists. Do not purchase anything from them. I will be suing them in small claims court as promised. I am also considering setting up some protests outside of their store if anyone else who has been wronged by them are interested.

I went in this weekend as I was passing by with some friends and thought it would be fun to look at some puppies. There is a jar full of money attached to the door as you come in asking for donations to their "adoption program". When we asked what exactly that was, they did not have "adoption" dogs to offer to show us. So maybe they are collecting donation money for themselves to sell more dogs? If anything, this money should be used to feed the poor puppies they already have; they all needed to be rescued as far as I could see. We were appalled at the sight of two completely emaciated Rottweiler puppies in the very front - every bone in their body visible, ribs and hips sticking out. I had to ask if they were actually Rotties as you could barely recognize the breed; I had never seen any that skinny (and I own 2 myself).

Smaller pups were not in as bad of shape physically, but most were huddled in little piles and shaking - did not seem healthy or happy at all. Again in the back of the store was a large tan colored pup whose breed I could not recognize, in even worse condition than the two Rotties. This dog was so emaciated that animal control would surely seize and charge its owners if it was found in a backyard in Mastic in the same condition. The place smelled of urine, which was even expected, but I was not expecting to witness the house of horrors that this place truly is. I wanted to donate food, but these greedy pigs would likely still be feeding the same portions to the Rotties that they do to the Chihuahuas. Disgusting and horrifying and I will be reporting them to the authorities! These dogs all need to be rescued.

I went in to the shop and saw the dogs were emaciated and sick. I went in to look at the puppies and many were very skinny and quite a few were sick. I looked through the open door to the back room and saw very sick pups in cages. There were way too many puppies in tiny crib/cages. I am sure this violates the Federal Agriculture laws for minimum space per animal. Advice to the people who were charged and never received a pup: Just protest the charge to your credit card company and they will remove it. You do not have to pay if you didn't receive the thing you paid for!

This is an update on prior post regarding my frustration. I have spoken to them and they seem more willing to resolve the matter in my favor at this time. I am hopeful that they will do as promised and this entire situation will be resolved and over with!

Sunday, we went to the store, and they told us they could find the dog we wanted. They said that they needed to hold 1400 dollars on our credit card for the dog. John, the manager, even said that they would find up to 2 dogs; and if we didn’t like either of them, no problem, we would get a refund. Two days later, we decided that we weren’t ready for the dog and called to cancel. John said that he wouldn’t refund our money, and that he would have to talk to the owner to see what he could do. My husband and I have called seven times now, and have gotten nowhere; he told my husband that the owner would be in today, and he told me that the owner was on vacation for 2 weeks (interesting). So now, they charged our credit card 1400 dollars and are giving us the runaround; they won’t let us talk to the owner. What kind of business are they running over there? I’d like a resolution immediately; all I want is my money back. They didn’t even call us the following day as promised to give us an update on if they found a dog. So right now, there is no dog, nobody will call us back, and they have our 1400 dollars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Puppy Experience?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

We went to Puppy Experience in search of a Yorkie puppy. They said they would locate one; after not hearing from them for over a week we cancelled our request. They then charged our credit card for the full amount.When we complained, they said they would remove it. We then disputed the charge with our credit card company; it was over 1100 dollars they credited us then this poor excuse for a business resubmitted the charge.

It's true that I did get a free puppy because I fought tooth and nail and ended up filing a police report and court case just to get the free puppy that I already paid for. Word of mouth is that it's the best business. Anybody can look up the case regarding my complaint and it will state that there was no refund and it will show a written statement for a golden retriever. In addition, where is my full refund ($1,287.21) that you mentioned in your response? If you stated the following, "Puppy Experience strives to give their customers the best puppy experience and customer service," then why not do the right thing and give me the refund that you stated in your response?

"Trisha ** has been given a full refund and a free dog for the inconvenience she had in ordering a puppy. Puppy Experience strives to give their customers the best puppy experience and customer service. Unfortunately, situations arise that do require extra attention and Puppy Experience will always do its best to please their customers."

Trisha ****'s situation has been resolved. She received a puppy of her choice and a full refund for the inconvenience she experienced in finding the right puppy for her.

The Puppy Experience voided out a store credit in the amount of $1287.21. The owner and the Associate that I spoke to were verbally abusive, using foul language and also saying that I was irresponsible. The first puppy that was ordered came in sick and was sent back by the store owner. The second puppy that was supposed to be ordered, we later found out was not because the woman who ordered the puppies was no longer employed by the company. I filed a police report and a claim for a refund is going to be filed in court.

The Puppy Experience Company Profile