Lynbrook, NY

4.0/5 (268 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Shake A Paw Puppies

For the last 30 years, Shake A Paw has provided the best products and the most extensive selection of puppies to over 30,000 families. Shake a Paw’s pet consultants work seven days a week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your new puppy. We have two locations in New York: Hicksville and Lynbrook, that also carry supplies, accessories, food, crates, toys and more. Visit our website today to learn more!

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Shake A Paw Puppies Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

James and the staff here at Shake a Paw are wonderful. We purchased a Mini Golden Doodle who unfortunately needed a few days rest and he could not be released to us right away. The staff let us visit everyday and play with our new pup until he was cleared to come home. They made us feel welcome and secure in our decision to go with our new puppy. This is our 3rd dog we have purchased with James and we could not be happier. Thank you and your staff for excellent customer service and a passion for what they do!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Shake A Paw - Long island- bought a puppy from this store. Initial experience when purchasing the dog was good. Returned with some basic questions and it turned into a non-friendly experience. Would I recommend this place to friends and family that are interested in a pet or supplies? The answer would be no. I can only imagine if I had real problems that needed to be address. Sorry, but I will be taking my and my friends' business elsewhere.

Original review: July 17, 2016

A friend of mine bought a puppy from Shake a Paw a few years ago and said she had a good customer service experience. The store was in the neighborhood. I went and checked them out a few times before I made a selection. I wanted something small and had gone to shelters too but the small ones that came in there were sickly, so I decided to make a purchase instead. Also when I buy a dog from a pet store, I have more information. I got a Maltipoo last March. Sunshine is five months old and very friendly, energetic, and lovable. I wanted to buy the same type of feed that they were giving Sunshine, at least to start off with and I’m still using the same one. The guys at the Lynbrook store were very helpful and knowledgeable.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Omar was our guide that night to picking out the right puppy for us. Omar was great, so helpful and kind. We left with the right puppy that night – a Mini Golden Doodle. I would get another from that store. The puppy is great and lovable. Omar even remembered us when we went back a week later to buy Ruby more toys. Love the store and Omar for a perfect puppy named Ruby :)

Original review: June 21, 2016

I purchased my 4 months Australian Cattle dog. The staff were great. They weren't pushy as some pet stores can be and were extremely knowledgeable especially for the type of breed he is. They also provide a certificate for a free physical at a local vet in which is at no cost to you. Completely Satisfied and would recommend to others!

Original review: June 8, 2016

Had a great experience purchasing my puppy. Will highly recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: May 19, 2016

Tom & the Shake A Paw Team in Lynbrook are amazing... They offer a no-rush, positive puppy experience... Their objective is to find the right puppy for you & the right home for the puppy & will work with you until that perfect match is made, whether that match is made on your 1st visit or 100th. Shake A Paw will also educate you about each individual breed/puppy based on fact & their own personal experience/opinion, to ensure BOTH owner & pet are happy. My family has purchased 2 Shake A Paw puppies & plenty of products since their opening in the 90's & have visited & worked with both the Lynbrook (Ask for Tom) & Hicksville (Ask for Ricky or Joe) locations & feel Shake A Paw is a safe Long Island bet to find a furry friend, or an array of small pets & products to fill all of your animal family needs.

Original review: May 18, 2016

We live about four blocks from Shake A Paw in Lynbrook and that’s like our second place to live. I love going in there and we're always looking around. We got our puppy there almost four years ago when we tried to adopt one and I couldn’t find one that I loved. She’s a Pekingese Poodle and she’s a lap dog. She’s at least seven and a half to eight pounds. She’s healthy and her name is Bailey. We got her when she was just four months old.

Their Lynbrook location is clean and since we bought her, they’ve redone the store so it’s even nicer now. Their consultants were all helpful and knowledgeable. If one didn’t have the answer, they would go to the other to find the answer, which I thought was nice instead of giving us a fake answer. Every time we need a new toy we go there. Also, a lot of their staff when we bought Bailey were still there. So every time we go in there, we’re like a second family to them.

Original review: May 10, 2016

We purchased an English Bulldog from Shake a Paw three years ago in the month of May. Her name is Lola and she's now three years old. They say it could be a little tricky with English Bulldogs because they usually have issues, but we’ve been lucky. So far, Lola’s perfect. She gets regular vet visits, and she has a clean bill of health. I’ve actually brought her into Shake a Paw to visit. We’ve stopped in there from time to time looking to also purchase another dog in the future.

We got her from the Lynbrook location. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and not pushy at all. The same familiar faces for a couple of years now that I’ve seen who work there are extremely helpful. They know us now when we go in there. This location is spotless. When you pass by, the windows are sparklingly clean. When you go in, everything is maintained. No matter what time we’ve been in there, it’s always the same. Also, we get the same great experience every time we go in. Additionally, a lot of people go to Shake a Paw, and I heard from these people that Shake a Paw always stood by whatever issues somebody has had with their pet.

Original review: May 6, 2016

We bought our dog "Sally" 8 years ago from Shake A Paw in Hicksville, NY. The staff at Shake A Paw was patient, professional and courteous with us throughout the entire process. Eight years have passed and we are still very happy. Thank You.

Original review: May 1, 2016

We got our golden doodle from Shake a Paw in Lynbrook, their customer service was above & beyond!! Not only was the staff friendly but also incredibly knowledgeable, they walked us through everything from his breeder to his favorite chew toys. They helped us care for him and continue to give us tips on how to raise our new fur baby! We continue to buy all our puppy supplies from Shake a Paw because the staff has become like family to us and they all LOVE seeing our pup Lincoln mature & grow!!

Original review: April 30, 2016

I read good reviews and a lot of references about Shake a Paw so I decided to purchase a bulldog from their Lynbrook location during the summer of August 2015. I got an English bulldog and named her Reese. She's about six months now and she's red and white. I've been to both Hicksville and Lynbrook locations and I like both stores, but I think the store in Lynbrook is clean and the people there were more friendly. The pet experts and consultants were really experienced and any questions that I had were all answered. Being a first-time dog owner is not easy and I was nervous at the beginning, but they made me feel comfortable. Also, they have all the supplies over there and showed me everything I needed for the puppy. Overall, I think Shake a Paw was great and I'm satisfied with them. My dog is doing great and she's a happy little dog.

No response received
Original review: April 29, 2016

If you get a price quote from anyone in the store, get it in writing if you are not purchasing the same day. I was quoted a price, in front of 2 other people and today I was quoted a price that was $500 more. The salesperson denies that she quoted me the lower price. GET IT IN WRITING!

Original review: April 29, 2016

Not only did I have an amazing experience purchasing my puppy at Shake a Paw, but the amazingness has continued for years thereafter. I purchase all of my supplies there because they are like family... They always ask about my puppy by name, and they always remember the types of toys he loves and the types of foods and snacks he eats. Shake a Paw is an awesome place with really great people!!!

Original review: April 28, 2016

Couldn't be more happy with the service, knowledge and overall experience we had at Shake A Paw. I went firmly against what I had thought about pet stores and am very very happy. James is extremely knowledgeable about the breeds and was really really nice. I would feel very, very confident in recommending this store to another person.

Original review: April 22, 2016

Shake a Paw’s amazing. I walked in ‘cause I was looking for a dog for a while. As soon as I walked into that store, the amount of dogs that they had compared to how the store looked and smelled showed me that they actually do the right thing. I’ve been to stores where they have 20 dogs and I couldn’t even walk in to the place. Shake a Paw has close to 100 dogs and I couldn’t even smell them.

I got a beautiful, little nine and a half week old Cocker Spaniel which I named Goldie. I talked to Tony and he knew what he was talking about. I was looking for a totally different breed for my daughter and he advised me that that dog wasn't good. He showed me the Cocker Spaniel and talked about the pros and cons, so that helped me a lot with my decision. He walked around the whole store with me and told me what not and what to get. I wanted to get something and he told me I didn’t need it. He was not trying to push products on me. I also appreciate the manager's coming up to me to make sure everything was good. He even gave me a little discount on some of the products. I would recommend Shake a Paw to anybody.

Original review: April 22, 2016

I purchased a Siberian husky puppy from Shake A Paw in Lynbrook New York. I was greeted immediately by Krista who was very warm and friendly. She answered all my questions and was very patient with me. She was very knowledgeable and could tell passionate about what she does and of course a dog lover. She took care of me from start to finish. During the decision process to bringing my family to interact with the puppy we were considering, she addressed everyone's concerns and questions. Although Shake A Paw was not the cheapest option it was the experience that we were provided that made it the right choice. I had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone looking for a pleasant and warm experience when making this important and significant purchase.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Shake A Paw's pet experts and consultants were very good. I wanted a cute little baby and they recommended a Teddy Bear which is a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Bichon. I love my puppy and I got her at the Lynbrook location. I had a very good experience but I wish the parking is better.

Original review: April 19, 2016

Shake a Paw has a better selection than the other pet stores, their explanation of the breeds of dogs are very informative, and it seemed like a more professional puppy store, so I bought a black and tan German Shepherd pup on March 19th at the Lynbrook store. I named him Bonsai. The people working at Shake A Paw were very well versed in their stuff. I'm very pleased, and my experience was great. There were no hitches and everything is going fine with the pup.

Original review: April 18, 2016

I had a great time purchasing our new puppy. Salespeople really know their stuff. I dealt with Chris at Shake A Paw in Hicksville. The guy knew everything about all different breeds. Nice trustworthy guy. The experience was magnificent. I would recommend anybody who wants a pet. If you're not sure about one? Deal with Chris. When you leave you will be absolutely positive you made the right decision. You will be happy you did.

Original review: April 17, 2016

They’re clean at Shake A Paw Puppies, immaculate. If the puppies went to the bathroom, it was cleaned up right away. There was no odor when I walked in there. Even when I brought my friends, they were amazed at how clean it was. The animals looked like they’re well taken care of. I have two dogs from them named Lacey and Simon and they're very good. I have a Shih Tzu that’s six and a three-pound Yorkie that's 13. I got them at the Shake A Paw Puppies Hicksville location. The people there were great too. They knew everything I needed. I had to call up about housebreaking one of the dogs and they took their time. I didn't have a problem, even in going in to buy supplies, a playpen or whatever I needed. If I had a problem that my dog didn’t like, such as something he wasn’t gonna use, I could bring it back. They’re good like that. They're helpful. I have recommended them to friends and family.

Original review: April 15, 2016

We took home our female Shih Tzu on Christmas Eve from Shake a Paw Puppies at Lynbrook. The store was very nice and clean. Everybody was very nice and they seemed knowledgeable. They had a very nice plan because we bought the puppy before that day, and they managed to keep the puppy in the office until Christmas Eve so we could take her home and surprise the kids. It was a very good experience and would definitely go there again.

Original review: April 13, 2016

I am very happy with Shake A Paw. A friend of mine recommended this store to us and I chose them because they helped a lot with any request. I have two Shih Tzu Maltese named Gigi and Bella - one is five and the other is four years old - and they're very happy and healthy. I got them from Shake A Paw's Hicksville location. It's very clean, that's why we go there often. We recommend it to other members of the family and friends as well.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I know some people who bought their dogs from Shake a Paw and they told me that they were very happy, so I decided to also buy my Havanese Bichon from Shake a Paw. She is eight years old now and I bought her from the Lynbrook location, which is an excellent and super clean store. Their pet experts and consultant were very helpful. They gave me paperwork on how to train the dog, how to care for her and recommended some vets in my area that I happen to love. When I did have a question about training her after we got home, I called back and the sales rep who helped us got on the phone and spent a lot of time with us with any questions we had asked her. It was our first time buying a dog, and we felt very comfortable and confident, and we had a wonderful experience.

Original review: April 11, 2016

Shake a Paw seemed most convenient and knew what they were doing. They basically picked out my puppy for me. I told them what I was looking for and they pointed me to the right dog then showed me all the supplies and everything I might need. I now have a German Shepherd named Kobe who's about four months old. They were also very helpful and gave good service overall. I've been to other pet stores before and it wasn't the same. Furthermore, Shake A Paw's store in Lynbrook didn't smell, was really clean, and looked well.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I have to say I am so happy I came across Shake A Paw to find my puppy a sweet & smart Boston Terrier Viper. We found him on the internet for Shake A Paw & we went to the store & immediately fell in love with our 5 month old Boston Terrier. We knew we wanted him while we spent time with him in the room. We went to visit him everyday for two weeks until we were able to bring him home. Everyone was so helpful, well-informed & so nice. I can tell my puppy was well taken care of & he was loved by everyone that worked there. My puppy responded very well to everyone while being there we saw & when we brought him back to visit.

Chris went out of his way to be extra helpful & Matt & James the manager were simply amazing. They all made us feel very comfortable with our whole experience there, shopping for our puppy. We couldn't have asked for a better place to have purchased our puppy. We purchased our puppy in February & we are happy to say that our puppy is 100% healthy. We've been to the vet twice already for his routine check-ups & the vet gave our puppy a clean bill of health. He is so sweet, smart, so well behaved & friendly, it's unbelievable. I am eternally thankful to everyone in Shake a Paw. When we are ready for our next puppy Shake A Paw is where we'll be getting our next puppy. =}. HAPPY OWNER.

Original review: April 9, 2016

Somebody had bought a puppy at Shake A Paw and they were happy. So, I went to the Lynbrook store and got a pug. His name is Lou and he’s going on 14 years old. I’ve gone back another two times and has gotten a Golden Retriever and a bulldog. I also go to the store to get supplies and it is always very clean and it doesn’t smell. It’s one of the things that brings you back.

The staff is very good and if they don’t know something, they’ll go and ask. Often, they’ll tell you things that they think that you’ll need when you have the puppy. There’s always somebody who really knows the products very well while some people may know the puppies better than the actual products. They’re very good at helping you get started. I have recommended Shake A Paw to friends.

Original review: April 8, 2016

The staff of Shake A Paw is very helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have. The place is very clean and the staff is very knowledgeable. I just purchased a puppy from the Shake A Paw Hicksville location and was assisted by Mchaela who made my experience there very pleasant. She gave me all the information I needed and told me to call with questions anytime. The puppy is very healthy and doing well. :)

Original review: April 8, 2016

I was looking on the internet and then I saw that Shake a Paw Puppies had some Long Island puppies. I saw the gallery and I was very interested and that's when I went in and I took a look at the dogs. I was very surprised because this store was very clean and didn't even smell like it's a puppy store. It was very huge store and the variety of the dogs there were limitless and they could customize if we wanted something different. Everybody from Shake a Paws Puppies were great, helpful and very knowledgeable. I told them that I have three small children and so they gave me options that won't bite and great to play with my kids. I purchased from them a very cute and fluffy Shih Tzu Maltese and she's great with children. I bought two other dogs from there after my first purchase and their service was great. Overall, our experience was not that bad.

Original review: April 7, 2016

I chose to go to Shake A Paw Lynbrook location because of the way they treated the dogs as well as the cleanliness and overall good feeling of the store. I got a six-month old English Bulldog. It was the first time for me to buy a dog and Bulldog is a very different and unique as opposed to other dog breeds. Their staff were very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to that specific breed. They gave me a whole starter kit such as food and leashes. It was overall a smooth, seamless, and straightforward experience.

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Information