2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Sergeant's Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Plain and simple. I Purchased these flea and tick collars 4 of them. Had them on my cats for 3 days and I noticed tonight my pumpkin had a a burn on his neck! And we took the collar off immediately!! Checked the other 3 and they ALL HAVE BURNS ON THEIR NECKS!!! These collars the chemicals burned my cats necks. These collars could of killed my cats.. And the smell is horrible. It even affected my breathing.... These collars need to be taken off the shelves of all stores!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Please do not use this product on your fur babies. My poor cat at chemical burns all around her neck from this products. Part of her skin is coming off and her hair is gone. Please make sure to look up products before you buy them, I made the mistake and didn’t with this one. Completely heartbroken for my baby.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Since my first review was taken down, I will put up another one. Me and my wife followed the directions exactly. Not even 10 minutes later our cats were having seizures even after repeatedly washing them. We had to sit there and watch our babies die a slow horrible death as we could do nothing but sit there and cry watching them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased Sergeants OTC plus for cat on October 19, 2019 and put it on my cat's neck. In 3 days the hair was off her back and the skin was a bloody, chunky mess. I have pictures if I’m able to attach them. Today is November 26 and she is just now to where she’s not bleeding. She still has a horrible place on her face, I suppose from transferring it from her back with her paw.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I put this on my two cats and they had a horrible reaction to it! One of them has raw bloody skin where it was applied and both ran and twitched like crazy. There's no way to put into words how insane it made them. Called vet and was told they've had several cases where other pets had same situation and some much worse... seizures and death! Washed both cats multiple times with dish soap to get product off. It's been a week and a half and one is now on antibiotics and other is doing ok. This company needs to be shut down!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I gave my dog a bath on Sunday Oct. 8th, 2019. Immediately following the bath my dog was shivering. I thought he was cold so I covered him with 2 blankets. Even took pics.. See it was a cold day. I thought I just chose a bad day for the bath. That night he became distant from everyone. Which my baby is a cuddler. Next day he was getting sick after drinking his water. I thought perhaps he had a cold. So Tuesday morning when my grandson showed up and made it all the way in the house and my dog never even lifted his head. I knew something was wrong.

My husband took him to the vet which to our surprise found out it was from this shampoo. Plus found out it has been killing animals and they keep selling it?? I don't get that at all. My baby is on 2 medications and had to have a couple special baths. He is showing some improvement but is not 100% by a long shot. I just want to know what can I do to get this off the shelves of the stores?? Willing to go above and beyond. #dogslivesmatter Sincerely, Susan ** #needhelptochangethis #letsshutitdown

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I put one of these on my cat as backup for his weekly bath. Within hours I noticed that almost his whole neck was raw and bleeding through the skin down to the meat. He has no hair on almost his whole neck. I couldn't get it off fast enough!!! Should be able to give them negative stars!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I recently bought one for my baby cat and she was not acting herself. Not thinking anything about it, I noticed that she had these chemical burns on her poor lil neck! I'm not happy with this company for selling something so horrible and cruel to animals and still on the shelves. I'm to the point if it doesn't come off soon I will sue and donate all the funds to animal cruelty funds and and I'm sure I can get a lot of people to stand behind me on this. There is no reason to have something so evil and cruel on the shelves. Take it off or you will see me go off! My poor fur baby is so miserable and in pain, that she is so innocent and I'm here to protect her and all the other innocent ones. There is no need for this.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Hi, DO NOT USE. This product is TOXIC to cats. Upon following the directions (we called Sergeant's to ensure we did so correctly) our cat had a severe reaction to the flea treatment. Within 2 minutes of applying the treatment, our cat was howling and disoriented. She was running around the house and acting erratically. We promptly washed the flea treatment off, along with all the hair in the area that we applied the treatment.

We called Sergeant's hotline and explained the issue. They said they would forward us to an animal med tech for advice. I was told I was being transferred to the 'Canadian line," and was immediately disconnected. I called back expressing my worry, and that I needed to speak to their medical team right away. The customer service agent responded with, "we have a med tech available, but not for this product. I can not forward you to our medical team."

We then read the reviews for this product online, and there are hundreds mentioning the same thing we experienced - along with seizures, loss of movement and even death. There should be a class-action lawsuit against this company for producing and distributing a pet product that is extremely harmful to pets. If you need further warning, read the hundreds of horrific reviews online.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My cat is dying. Having seizures, and I can't afford a vet. If he dies I'm suing the company, Bansect. I bought this at Dollar Tree this morning, and my cat is having severe seizures. I am very upset about this as I have a severe infestation of fleas from my new house yard.

Not sure about Sergeant's?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right dog food for you.

Sergeant's Company Information