2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Sentry Pet Products Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

After using this product on three cats and one dog, all seem to have more fleas than when treated. And when I checked to see who the five star reviews are, three out of five had terrible experiences and one of them just said, “we were one of the lucky ones”. Terrible products....

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I put this product on a healthy cat that had a few fleas, within a couple of days my cat was infested with fleas. I went from seeing only 1 or 2 on her (is why I used this product) to being covered with them (even had tiny ones trying to get in her eyes when bathing this product off). I was worried when she started to get weak and was going to take her to the vet today but I was too late, my fault for not staying with my normal brand, and she passed last night. Please save yourself from the heartache and stay away from this product. I will never again wander from my normal product again (Frontline). I hope my review is falls in the guidelines so as to be published because I do not want anyone to go through this.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I just noticed my cat's oozing, bleeding wounds around his neck from their collar. And when I say around I mean AROUND. It's not a sore or two. It's one continuous wound. The collar was literally covered in blood and flesh on the other side, almost like it grew into him, except it didn't because it wasn't tight enough. I followed the directions correctly, I bought the right weight.... I have a vet appointment in an hour. I'm guessing it's going to cost me $500 or more to have him treated. He's a big guy too.... close to 30lbs, it's not like he is some dainty, fragile cat. These collars should not exist.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I bought the Purrscriptions flea collar for cats and in her correct weight range. Upon opening it the smell of the collar gagged me, and it was slimy to the touch. That should have been a red flag for me. It did nothing to prevent or repel fleas, and the collar burned her neck. She is now raw, and missing about 3 inches in width and from ear to ear on the underside of her neck. She has worn several flea collars over the past several years, and never has this happened. I bought this for the first time at TSC because I forgot to grab one for her at Walmart while I was there. So I bought that one because it was the least expensive one they had. Now my cat is sort of skittish, she isn't always loveable so I didn't notice her burn until several weeks of her wearing the darn thing. The guilt and sympathy I feel for her is immense and I can't stop giving her enough treats. Please do not buy this product. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Unfortunately I did not research this product before I bought it. I put it on my 8 year old cat, who is 12 pounds. All night long she was rubbing her neck along the carpet. I woke up to cat fur all over the carpet ! And she had a big bald spot on the back of her neck where we had put the flea drops. Her neck was oily and greasy too. I did the best I could to get the product off of her. This product needs to be recalled!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have read a lot of negative reviews on Sentry pet products. Dogs are like people. Some products work on one but not the other. I have been using Sentry Natural Defense flea & tick drops on my Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix dog Jack. He is 13 lbs and I have been using Sentry Natural Defense on him for around 2 years now. for Jack it has been working great. No fleas ever!

I read reviews where pet owners do not like the smell. I do not think the smell is that bad and it only lasts a few days. I have read reviews where pet owners that have white dogs, it leaves a yellow streak on their fur. My dog Jack is mostly white and also the yellow streak does not last. I like the fact that Sentry Natural Defense is made with all natural ingredients. I use all natural products for my dog. I like it that Sentry Natural Defense is way cheaper than flea prevention products that use poisonous chemicals. I cannot speak for all of Sentry pet products because I only use Sentry Natural Defense. I guess the old saying, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time", holds true until this day. David

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Sentry flea and tick doesn’t work! I bought it because it was cheaper. My dog has more fleas now than before he was treated two weeks ago. I’ve had pets for 40 years now and never had this happen. Terrible!

Original review: July 31, 2019

We bought the Sentry Pro XFT for dogs over 61 lbs and applied to my mix (Australian Shepherd-Lab) just before dropping for at a kennel for 3 days. Next morning we get an urgent call from the kennel that our dog would not stand, was shaking violently and vomiting. I immediately call our vet and was told to wash the area with Dawn dish soap. Our kennel did so immediately and then rushed her to a local vet hospital. Within an hour or so of washing off the application, our dog (lucky for us) came around and was soon back to her normal self. Please do not use this product. It should be pulled from the market. The vet at the hospital said that this type of pesticide can go straight to their brain and nervous system.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Yesterday, I applied the SENTRY PurrScriptions med to my 12 yo cat; the poor thing is losing her hair!!! She can't stop scratching where I applied the med and she is going crazy! She's been hiding under the bed all day scratching. I was able to give her a bath with Dawn and I am hoping that I removed all the junk off of her and that she'll feel better soon. Why is this company allowed to sell this product? I bought it at PetSmart. I'm not shopping there again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I visited my local tractor supply and bought the cat flea three month supply of this product. A few days later my perfectly healthy one year old cat died. I even bought the pack that was recommended for cats 3-5 pounds and she was seven. This product didn't even kill the fleas, just my cat. Please for the love of God, DO NOT buy this product. Please do research before you put any flea medication on your cat. I cannot help, but to feel responsible for my cat's death. This product needs to be taken off the market.

Not sure about Sentry Pet Products?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right dog food for you.

Sentry Pet Products Company Information