2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Sentry Pet Products Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

I apply this to my dog on 5/3/19 and within 24 hours his skin was on fire and burning uncontrollably. He was whining and running through the house pacing and panting. His skin was bright red. I gave him three baths using Dawn dish detergent which still didn’t stop the burning. I placed aloe on the burn spots. I gave him something to help him sleep. At this point nothing is working. He is pacing uncontrollably! This is a HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!!! My dog is suffering!!!! NEVER BUY THIS!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

This was our first time buying flea and tick meds from the store and not the vet, worst mistake I could have made! The next day after applying the topical treatment my 16 month old Blue Pit starting itching so badly that he is balding in spots! He won't play, go outside or even sleep. A very playful and energetic puppy is now depressed looking and has no motivation to do anything! Worst product, sad thing is I always look at reviews and this time because I didn't my baby is suffering! ZERO stars, apparently it's mandatory that I put at least one. This company should be ashamed!

Original review: April 1, 2019

This product caused my cat 3 burns on her neck. If I knew this product was not accredited I would not have bought it. I was advised not to buy certain product from my vet so I steered clear of that product. I purchased Sentry dual collar from a respectable pet store. They need to pull this product out of store shelves. With all the complaints I wish I reviewed Sentry before putting the collar on my cat. I feel so bad for her; not knowing she was suffering.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Well I always used a flea collar on my stray cat I adopted into my home. Gave him a bath and then put Sentry flea and tick product on him as preventative. I did it correctly but it just wouldnt dry. The next day still not dry and cat was itching...hair was falling out. I washed off remaining product that was wet on his fur. Been over a week and scabs on neck, dry skin, and what looks like discoloration (yellow) of skin. It is as if it burned my baby. This cat did better outside than in my car. First time cat owner and feel bad for my Mischa. Will never again use any of these products. Hope one is more smart than me and reads reviews before using. Sorry for everyone's lose due to this chemical. God bless those innocent animals. This company should be banned.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This product caused my cat's skin to turn red by the end of the first day. Within a day or two he was scratching and pulling out his hair. His face and ears were red. He stopped eating. I did my best to wash it off and gave him a small amount of ** that quieted the scratching. He has started eating small amounts again. He has hyperthyroidism so losing even a little weight is a big deal for him. I would never use this product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?

Original review: March 22, 2019

We recently had a foster puppy stay with us for a couple days. After he was adopted we found out he had fleas so, I purchased the Sentry Flea and Tic topical solution. Within 48 hours my 7 year old Husky had a severe seizure!!! We had to rush him to the vet. This is a normally very healthy dog who has never had a seizure before I used this horrible stuff. Never again!!! Do NOT use this!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I wish I had read other reviews before I had applied this to my new cat. Within days she had bald spots by application side and now big bumps that she keeps scratching!!! I bathed her already and it didn't seem to help at all, now she has to wear a cone and I have to get her to the vet... She is traumatized already enough.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I bought a three pack of Sentry Calming Collars and put one on a cat that I have that tends to be a little more nervous. I was hoping it would calm her. Within 3 to 4 days I noticed a gummy substance under her chin and neck. I took it off and bathed her and as horrified to see a 3 in bald spot on my cat's neck!!! It was oozing! It has dried up now but she is still bald there. I hope her fur grows back. I don't know what is in that collar but it definitely had a negative reaction with my baby! Thank God I noticed it and took it off.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Not only did this product not work but it seemed to actually make it worse. Seriously the worst product ever! I put this on my dog assuming it would work but now he has doubled in the amount of fleas and I am taking a trip to the vet to make sure it is safe to use a product that really works.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought this ahead of time to give to my dog. I applied it yesterday afternoon like I always do with flea meds. Within an hour she was acting “different” and it kept getting worse, itching, crying, panting, drooling. I immediately put her in the bath and washed it off well. I thought it did. The night got worse, crying, panting, twitching and never slept. I called the vet this morning and they recommended bringing her in however emergency fee applied. I washed her with Dawn 2 times and then conditioned her poor red hot skin. Gave her ** and we are finally sleeping! A NEVER EVER AGAIN will I use this. Found over 600+ reviews on the Consumer Affairs website that were all the same symptoms. Very sad to feel like you are buying a reputable product from a big company. Thank GOD my little guy didn’t appear to have this reaction. He had lethargy. Please pray for my rescue dog. My next step is the vet.

Sentry Pet Products Company Information