2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Sentry Pet Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have read a lot of negative reviews on Sentry pet products. Dogs are like people. Some products work on one but not the other. I have been using Sentry Natural Defense flea & tick drops on my Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix dog Jack. He is 13 lbs and I have been using Sentry Natural Defense on him for around 2 years now. for Jack it has been working great. No fleas ever!

I read reviews where pet owners do not like the smell. I do not think the smell is that bad and it only lasts a few days. I have read reviews where pet owners that have white dogs, it leaves a yellow streak on their fur. My dog Jack is mostly white and also the yellow streak does not last. I like the fact that Sentry Natural Defense is made with all natural ingredients. I use all natural products for my dog. I like it that Sentry Natural Defense is way cheaper than flea prevention products that use poisonous chemicals. I cannot speak for all of Sentry pet products because I only use Sentry Natural Defense. I guess the old saying, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time", holds true until this day. David

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Sentry flea and tick doesn’t work! I bought it because it was cheaper. My dog has more fleas now than before he was treated two weeks ago. I’ve had pets for 40 years now and never had this happen. Terrible!

Original review: July 31, 2019

We bought the Sentry Pro XFT for dogs over 61 lbs and applied to my mix (Australian Shepherd-Lab) just before dropping for at a kennel for 3 days. Next morning we get an urgent call from the kennel that our dog would not stand, was shaking violently and vomiting. I immediately call our vet and was told to wash the area with Dawn dish soap. Our kennel did so immediately and then rushed her to a local vet hospital. Within an hour or so of washing off the application, our dog (lucky for us) came around and was soon back to her normal self. Please do not use this product. It should be pulled from the market. The vet at the hospital said that this type of pesticide can go straight to their brain and nervous system.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Yesterday, I applied the SENTRY PurrScriptions med to my 12 yo cat; the poor thing is losing her hair!!! She can't stop scratching where I applied the med and she is going crazy! She's been hiding under the bed all day scratching. I was able to give her a bath with Dawn and I am hoping that I removed all the junk off of her and that she'll feel better soon. Why is this company allowed to sell this product? I bought it at PetSmart. I'm not shopping there again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I visited my local tractor supply and bought the cat flea three month supply of this product. A few days later my perfectly healthy one year old cat died. I even bought the pack that was recommended for cats 3-5 pounds and she was seven. This product didn't even kill the fleas, just my cat. Please for the love of God, DO NOT buy this product. Please do research before you put any flea medication on your cat. I cannot help, but to feel responsible for my cat's death. This product needs to be taken off the market.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The hair is missing from the spots I put the liquid and I followed as instructed. The spots are bright red and irritated. My poor dog, I will never buy cheap flea and tick medication again. SHAME ON YOU SENTRY. Zero Stars.

Original review: June 29, 2019

This product dog flea collars was a total waste of money. They have been on my dogs for 60 hours. I can still see fleas on both of the dogs. I don't see how you can sell a product and make all these claims and your products not work at all. I wish I had my money back!!! Will never purchase your products again and I will tell everyone I talk to about how they do not work.

Original review: June 14, 2019

This product is horrible. Put the collar on my 75 lb mix breed dog and he is still itching from fleas and I pick ticks off of him daily. I even found a tick directly underneath the collar! This product is a complete waste of money, time and effort.

Original review: June 11, 2019

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Within 30 minutes of application, my 50lb husky mix was clearly agitated and couldn't stop panting or pacing. I looked up reviews online and quickly found that this was a common occurrence. My dog's skin was red, his heart was racing, and he couldn't sit still for more than seconds at a time. Three baths with Dawn soap and 7 restless hours later, he's feeling a bit better but still biting at his back. I will never, ever use this again and hope that the product is removed soon. So many of these terrible reviews are masked by a decent star rating, and honestly, I have no idea how.

Original review: June 10, 2019

While visiting my local TSC store I spoke with a sales rep about the Sentry flea and tick collars. Not much help. I decided to purchase a pkg of 2 large collars at $39.98 plus tax. We are not pleased with our purchase, upon opening the collars were very powdery. Once fastened to our dogs they continued to shift/coil. After almost 2 weeks both of our dogs continue to scratch for fleas and we have removed several ticks. I would not recommend this product and say go ahead and spend extra $$ on a better product. Would love my $$ back.

Sentry Pet Products Company Information