2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Science Diet Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2015

Hill's Science Diet ID Lowfat GI Restore - This food was ordered from Chewy.com Jan 2015. I was told it was shipped directly from Hill's as they just started supplying this food to their customers. Not sure at this point who to believe but none the less I rec' it with an expiration date of June 2013. The bag looked new and the dates were somewhat faded so honestly I did not notice. My Yorkshire terrier who had been recovering nicely for almost a year from a benign stomach tumor began having bouts of diarrhea, nausea and anorexia. I would get her to eat by giving her canned Purina EN which would seem to help but them w/in a few days after returning her to ID it would start again.

After a complete Ultrasound and extensive tests we were all baffled. I kept checking for recalls to see if possible it was her food but saw none. Finally decided to look at the best by date to further research and made startling discovery. When contacting Chewy they overnighted a new bag and apologized. WHAT??? I am having the food tested and plan to take further action.

Original review: April 10, 2015

We have been on JD for 3 years, although with my new purchase of JD dog food, my 12-year-old golden is not interested in eating the entire amount. The food doesn't have an odor. She is interested in all other food though. We had recent lab work prior to this new purchase and her results were 'perfect' according to my vet. I am concerned that there is an issue with this new bag. After reading all the very negative reviews, I intend to return the remainder of the bag (90%) back to the vet who gives a 100% return. I am hoping my lovely girl doesn't have any further issues. Worried.

Original review: March 23, 2015

If you read my letter about Buddy and how sick he was, please read this. After 1000 dollars between vet bills and medication, Buddy is doing better. The vet put him on Hill's Prescription K/D dog food and it has helped so much, expensive but worth it. They also make Hill's Science Diet for dogs who are not sick. Buddy's white of the eye is still red, trying different drops. His coat is wonderful and he has his pep back. He is still on high blood pressure pills and losing weight also. He is off of the antibiotic and prednisone. He is also now on special vitamins. Remember what I said this dog is only going to be 4 on mother's day 2015.There is a class action law suit against Purina Beneful but they are taking information on Purina Dog Chow, so if I were you I would sign up and let them investigate the food. DO NOT THROW OUT ANY DOG FOOD YOU THINK MADE HIM SICK, CAN OR DRY, KEEP IT ALL.

Original review: March 14, 2015

After visiting the vet with our miniature schnauzer my wife told me it was put on a Hill's Prescription Dog Food. Turns out the stuff cost around $3.00 per can. The dog loved it and all was well, after all it was a "prescription". When we relocated to Florida my wife had the vet transfer the "prescription" to Florida. She said they would "fax it down" so we'd be able to buy it at a vet near us there. This food was costing us around $1200 per year so I began investigating and found that the "prescription" in Hill's Prescription Diet Dog Food is a trademark, not "prescribed" by a vet. Further, because of a cozy deal with vets Hill's sell the dog food at a premium and vets mislead consumers using the word "prescription". To make a long story short, we looked up online what our dog should have in their diet and ended up getting the food at a pet store. Our dog is flourishing on the new food and loves it also, we're just not getting misled by our vet and ripped off any more.

Original review: March 9, 2015

I really liked my vet until he tried to tell me that my dalmatian needed a prescription diet. I mean, come on, the term Prescription Diet convinces pet owners that it is medicinal and therefore necessary for their animal's survival. After much research I found out the truths about a number of things concerning dog foods. But most importantly there are NO ingredients in this food that require a prescription. The term "Prescription Diet" is a marketing term ONLY. VERY DECEPTIVE!!!

The sad truth is that there are no regulations on dog food. They can put whatever they want into the bag and it is heart-wrenching because they do. My vet insisted that my baby boy eat Hills Prescription UD diet for stone forming prevention. He neglected to tell me that he makes quite a bit of money by prescribing AND selling the sub-par food. I thought it was kinda suspicious that it's the only food that most vets sell at their office. The ingredients in this food are absolutely horrifying. There is NO meat (meat by-products is not meat)...none...in the one he prescribed for my boy. He continued to tell me that Corn is GOOD for dogs. I lost every ounce of respect for him at that moment (2 of the ingredients are known to cause problems for Dalmatians).

Please please please read the ingredients in your dog food and PLEASE do the research on each individual item. It will only take a few minutes of your time and your furry baby deserves that. The first 5 items in the ingredient list make up the majority of the food, 1st item being the most important and so on... You will be so angry at yourself for feeding this crap to your beloved pet. Hills marketing is ingenious plus HILLS donates large amounts of money to Vet Schools, gives grants and even pursues future vets while they are still in school, convincing them to get on board when they begin their practice.

All I can say is shame on any Vet that tells a pet owner to feed their precious dog or cat this horrible food, mostly meatless food. Dogs are carnivorous for Pete's sake...You've never heard of a dog raiding a corn field. And by all means DO NOT CALL HILLS FOR INFORMATION. Consult an unbiased Vet nutritionist...You'll be glad you did. Make your own food if you can. It's cheaper than Hills PD, and so much better for them. I am only writing this because I feel I need to share what I have discovered. I vowed to tell anyone I could so they can learn as I have. Good luck!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.?

Original review: March 1, 2015

My dog was on another food which caused her to become extremely ill 5 months ago. After 1 1/2 months of chicken and rice and too many tests to list my vet prescribed her Hills WD canned and or dry food due to tests showing she requires a diet high in fiber and low fat. She seemed to tolerate the canned food ok. Last night I purchased a bag of the dry WD. I added a small amount to her canned food and no issues. This morning she was given just the dry food, then again for her afternoon feeding.

What I immediately noticed is that she did not eat all the food from her afternoon feeding. HUGE RED FLAG, as she had been given 1 1/2 cup. Her am feeding was 2 cups. She did eat all that. However, within an hour of eating her afternoon food, she vomited twice. This is EXACTLY how many, many dogs are reacting to foods with dangerous ingredients. Refusal to eat, then if they do eat it they vomit it up or have diarrhea. The first pile of vomit appeared to be her entire amount of her am feeding and was only partially digested. The second vomit was clearly what she had just ate and was not digested at all. I am scared to death to feed her even 1 kibble. What is wrong with this food? What is wrong with you Science Diet???

I looked at the ingredients just now and the VERY 1st ingredient is whole grain corn, #2 is POWDERED CELLULOSE (a fiber source in dry dog food with the LOWEST food value of ANY kind of fiber). 3rd ingredient is chicken by-product meal, (the pieces and parts of chicken that isn't fit for human consumption: include the lungs, spleen, kidneys, brain, livers, blood, bone, stomachs, and intestines of meat animals, and the necks, feet, undeveloped eggs, and intestines from poultry). #4 is Corn Gluten Meal and the list goes on. Fillers and other ingredients that are no good for our pets. This is supposed to be high quality prescription food, which is costly to buy, the vet recommends it; and now the ingredients are extremely questionable. This is prescription food, for dogs that need to be on a special diet due to illness, and permanent health issues. What is wrong with this picture?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

I can say with each dog food reacts different with each dog. My dog has been on 3 dog food - first Beneful most her life did fine. Switched her to a better brand Blue thinking that’s the best out there. Next I know she started throwing that up all undigested. Now we have her on Hills Science Diet sensitive stomach and skin. Maybe certain ingredients reacts different with our dogs stomach. She is 10 now feeling better - no more vomiting. I would say that Hills is great. I’m sure our beloved animals might just react different just like us - we don't like certain foods, we can express that though. They can’t. So if Hills didn't work try something else. You'll find the right one eventually! :)

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

Hill's Science Diet Adult Healthy Mobility - As with the other review Konig has been using this since last march. He got very sick and vet could not save him. Went to Amazon to get more information on this poison. Amazon had a note that they were not selling this product to investigate due to customer problems. I called amazon and they said that they knew that it was bad. Big deal they gave me a refund. This would not bring Konig back. My point with amazon is if they knew it was bad they could have sent an email telling me it was bad. If I had been told, Konig would still be alive today.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

Mickie a vibrant happy healthy 14 week old puppy came into rescue from a high kill shelter in Texas. He was two weeks old when he came to me with his mom and five siblings to be fostered. Mickie grew into a beautiful healthy boy being fed wellness since he could eat. His new family so excited to get him went through the adoption process and finally brought him home. Their vet suggests science diet as best food choice so thinking they were doing the best for him bought the science diet food.

After four days eating this food he became lethargic and stared at wall. Began drinking a ton of water, started throwing up so his new family took him to vet. He was put on IV and was given a grave chance to recover. After many test and ct scans he was diagnosed in kidney failure. Family was asked if he had gotten into a contaminant. They knew he did not. The next morning Mickie was dead. Why is this food still being sold? Rip Mickie.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Our ten year shih tzu has been eating Science Diet for a few years now. He all the started throwing up right after eating it about two wks ago. We assumed he ate too fast or something so we put him on a bland diet of real food (according to our vet's recommendation) and he was fine the entire time (10 days). Then we put him back on a small amount of science diet and he instantly threw it up. We are officially done with this brand. We assumed it was a bad batch, but after reading all the similar stories on here I think it's the brand in general.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I purchased a new brand of dog food called "Science Diet" for my dog Mya. She did well on it the first day but on the second day when I got home from work I fed her her usual small bowl of dry food mixed in with a spoonful of wet food (both Science Diet brand) and 10 minutes later she vomited 5 times undigested pellets and yellowish bile, and then laid on the floor lifeless, unable to stand. Her stomach blew up like a balloon and was very firm to the touch and abnormally bloated. I called her name and she just laid there, she couldn't even stand up. I prayed and cried out to the Lord and waited it out for a few minutes to see if maybe she'd feel better but then her whole body started convulsing.

Long story short, rushed her to the animal hospital and X-rays showed LOTS of gas. When we came home she threw up 3 more times!! Right now she has not left my side. I went online to read the REVIEWS of people who have purchased this dog food and am mortified and deeply saddened at what I came across, HUNDREDS of similar stories like mine!! https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/science_diet.html. Tomorrow I am going to Petco and getting a full refund. I will be giving them copies of these customer reviews/complaints and they will be hearing of Mya's horrifying experience as well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

On 2/8/15 I was helping a friend. She gave my dog a science diet oatmeal cranberry treat. I went to check on my dog to find almost lifeless. Couldn't get up, labored breathing. Had to rush to vet. My regular vet was closed because it was Sunday. So I rush my precious pet Vanessa to an emergency clinic about 45 to 50 miles away. I notice her breaking out in hives and huge rashy welts all over. I gave a Benadryl which probably according to vet saved her life.

Now every 12 hours I give her a 500 milligram antibiotic along with steroid medicine and Benadryl for around ten days. This is really sad especially with all the deaths and close calls to death of our beloved pets that I've read about due to science diet products. Why are these products still sold??? Please demand that these be taken off the shelves of every place they are sold. Please don't buy any science diet products or product produced by any company that makes science diet products for the sakes of our precious pets.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

We recently switched to Science Diet for my lab to try. She did fine with it for the first few days, that I know of, but in the last couple days, she vomits immediately after eating and refuses to take the food. Reading other comments, I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

My vet recommended I feed my beloved cat Science Health Diet light which my cat has loved for over 2 years now. At this point, she refuses to eat it and has been vomiting every night! I'm convinced the ingredients have been changed and I have to say I'm very disappointed! I've been recommending this brand to my friends and family and will not be doing so any longer. This brand is expensive and although I didn't mind paying the price, but to now find out it's not even good for your animal? And to read all these recent reviews? Again, I'm very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I have religiously used Science Diet for many years for my poodles. They are quite small and my best friends. Last year, I lost two within six months of each other. Sammy, the older one, had lost nearly all of her teeth in spite of having been fed only Science Diet all her life. She also developed frequent boil-like infections near her anal area that would become extremely painful for her, and resulted in our having to put her in epsom salt baths several times a day. She also suffered terrible bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. We would switch to rice and chick broth with scrambled eggs and she would recover almost immediately.

Sammy developed very large tumors all over her little body, which eventually invaded her chest cavity and made it very difficult for her to breathe. We lost her. Just six months prior to that, her little sister Trouble developed vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy, and then her back legs stopped working all together. She could no longer control her urination, and she also had begun to develop difficulty breathing.

Three months later, we bought a new puppy, another poodle, Abby, whom we've fed nothing but Science Diet. Abby has recently begun having the same bouts of vomiting and diarrhea with bright yellow bile, and undigested pellets of Science Diet. She has been defecating more than any dog of her size should, having to get up in the middle of the night every night to go out, and has begun to have bouts of demonic behavior. Abby is now 1 1/2 years old and in spite of having multiple chew toys, balls, and other toys, has begun chewing the feet of my antique furniture. She barks and aggressively attacks the TV, often bites at my husband and I, and suddenly is exhibiting very poor manners and behaviors.

My daughter told me about Science Diet being placed on the "do not feed" lists of many vets, so I finally decided to check for others having issues with the food and their pets. I am positively SHOCKED by what I have seen and read here. I am further considering contacting an attorney to suggest a class action law suit against Science Diet for the millions of dollars in vet bills created by their product, as well as the millions of dollars paid for pets that died as a result of their clearly tainted or poisoned pet food, and the unimaginable pain and suffering from the broken hearts of pet owners who have lost their pets. I will never again purchase Science Diet, and feel they have misled me for years telling me their extremely expensive pet food was the best thing for my babies.

SHAME ON YOU SCIENCE DIET! Have you no soul? How could you put the health and lives of defenseless creatures who give such unconditional devotion, love, and affection to millions of people ever minute of every day! I am truly sickened by the thought that through my desire to give my pets the best, I may have caused two of their early deaths, and the third, early signs of illness. I hope a lawsuit is filed, my name will be top on the list of what appears to be thousands of litigants.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

We have fed our four cats Hill’s Science Diet Original (and some Metabolic from the vet) for many years. In the past they were fine. This past year we are experiencing multiple times of DAILY vomiting of the Science Diet products. This is getting old very fast. I truly thought it was our cats getting sick until I started talking to friends who also feed their cats Science Diet. They were experiencing the same thing. That's when I decided to check for other reviews and this confirmed my suspicions. I don't know what they have done to change the ingredients, but we are not pleased. We are no longer Hill's customers. By the way, I changed their diet to Iams and our cats are fine.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

My male cat had a urinary problem that did not require surgery so the vet put him on Science Diet c/d Urinary Tract Health. He immediately gained a ton of weight, and also became lethargic. I thought it was due to some other cause, but when I tried switching his food back to normal after 6 months, he lost weight, and became his perky self again. I need to ask my vet if there is any ingredients in it that would act like tranquilizers. Does it have muscle relaxers in it?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

When I adopted my puppy at eight weeks I was given Science Diet for puppies and was told it was one of the best dog foods. My puppy never wanted to eat it and I just assumed he was being fickle. At thirteen weeks I had to start feeding him out of my hand, he ate half as much as he used to even though he's growing fast. Then he refused to eat it, even when he was hungry. I bought him new food a few days ago and he is eating by himself and has become calmer and less aggressive. My sister has my puppy's brother and her dog has also calmed down and seems more happy. Science Diet is terrible and wrongly advertised. The creator funds veterinary schools and research papers/books and has wrongly gotten support from vets! Try anything else and your dog and his belly will be happier.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

Let me start off by saying I have been a cat owner for 25 years. We also rescue & care for feral cats in the area. I'd say I'm pretty well educated. We are very good to our cats... Stay indoors... Never leave food sitting out... instead they eat 3 small meals a day. We always feed them the best & about 6 months ago we transitioned to Science Diet (Adult indoor 1-6) because the vet "recommends" it. My cats were all healthy & active before this. Science Diet destroyed their quality of life. 2 of our cats developed serious problems with the pancreas... the female is now on steroids & B12 shots the rest of her life, & the male can no longer digest kibble & has to eat wet food the rest of his life. Then our 2 other males who are only 2 years old also developed issues... one has chronic diarrhea & the other a severe skin problem. Last but not least a little boy we just rescued, he was perfectly healthy when he was astray... But after starting on Science Diet he now has struvite crystals. These were all PERFECTLY HEALTHY cats. I feel like Science Diet is just some scam between a food company & veterinarians. Another money maker.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Since Stanley has been on this food, he has had stinky diarrhea, and really bad gas.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

I adopted Tippy from the Dumb Friends League in Denver on 8/22/2013. I ask what kind of food should I feed him. I was told we feed them Science Diet, you can buy it in the store. I did. after I had Tippy about 6 weeks, feeding him only Science diet small and toy breed. One day on our walk, Tippy pooped and when he tried to get back into a walking position, he could not. His paws were actually turned out. He was wobbling and could not catch his balance. He had trouble trying to walk. I picked him up and carried him home, sat him down. He just tumbled over, his eyes were blinking as if he was nodding off. He tried standing and his leg would fold under him. I called the Dumb Friends League and was told I should take him to a vet, since I had had him over a month. They would only look at him If I was surrendering him.

I call three vets, described Tippy's symptoms and was told they would not diagnose over the phone and of course would not see him without paying upfront (I am a senior. My only income is social security, paid the first of the month and Tippy is a therapeutic dog, recommended by my Doctor). So of course I had no money. One vet and a girlfriend ask if Tippy could have gotten into anti-freeze. I knew he had not and just thought I would Pray and wait it out. Tippy finally vomited and immediately he was ok. His vomit was lumpy, curry-yellow colored.

About 2 months after that it happen again. He would heave so hard, his whole little body wracking. After he vomited again he was ok. I examined his vomit again, lumpy & yellow. I knew his stools were brown, like his food. He had no diarrhea, etc. So I thought, well, I'm not sure what I thought. This continued on about every 2 months or so. Still he would vomit, I'd examine it same lumpy, same yellow. Finally in September he started vomiting at least twice a week. In October I noticed the vomit was now more of a mass and could clearly see whole pellets, not mixed, just in the food. I started to think it might be the food. That this was the Science Diet food causing this had not entered my mind.. The fact that his stools was brown, the color of his food, had no diarrhea and the number one thing.. This food was being used and was recommended by the Dumb Friends League and each container or any ad for Science Diet read "U.S. Veterinarians' # 1 choice to feed their own pets" also Hills Science Diet veterinarian recommended. So it had to be something I was doing.

I went out of town the first week of October, left Tippy with my girlfriend since I had a half bag of food (Advanced fitness 8183 PT305727 BEST BEFORE 02/2016 R0950344tk190). I brought another bag for her to feed him. It was (small &toy breed 9096PT305730 BEST BEFORE 12 2015 MO 112122MC 120). I do not have any receipts. When I came back feed him out of both bags, whichever my hands touched was the one I used. I did not ask my friend if he vomited or not. She did say the last day he was there he would not eat. Occasionally he will miss a day without eating, so I was not too concerned, the first two days he would just nibble, so I started mixing his food with canned pumpkin or peanut butter. He started eating again. He also started vomiting again. Then I saw the whole pellets in his vomit, not mixed in the now mass-like vomit, just there on top. This stuff is no longer lumpy, I thought perhaps it was not being digested. I emailed Hills, explained the symptoms and asked if perhaps I was doing something wrong and ask them to advise me, and that I would not used this food until I heard from them.

The next day I got a 8 to 10 page questionnaire that was purely a marketing item. It did not address any of my questions, issues at all. The letter also said I would be getting coupons in a day or two. I did get two 10 dollar off coupons, the food cost 12.90 a bag so what a savings, huh. I did decide I would use up the two remaining bags, buy two more bags with the coupon and then start using IAMS, but starting this past Thursday up until Sunday, Tippy vomited every day.. Finally Sunday morning I went online, googled "reviews and complaints about Science Diets".

As I continued reading and saw that cats and dogs have died, gotten sick, have permanent health problems that can be linked to Science Diet and all or most had the same symptoms, vomiting, lethargic, excessive drinking water and real stinky breath. I was horrified, then scared, and finally I am angry and disgusted that I put my dog baby's health and life at risk because I listened to Dumb Friends League and believed "U.S Veterinarians #1 choice to feed their own pets". I had a rottweiler that lived to be 8 years old. I only fed him Iams. The only reason I used Science Diet was because it was recommended. Every vet who recommends this garbage, because I'm sure they are getting paid should be ashamed. and realize what they are causing, doing our pets great harm, even their lives.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

I've been feeding my cat the prescription Hill's k/d in chicken and fish flavors for about a year. I've been very happy with it prior to now, and I buy it from the vet by the case. I just started the first can from a new case of CHICKEN. Within a few hours of the first serving, my cat vomited a little bit. About 12 hours later I gave her a second serving, and she was vomiting within a few minutes and could not keep this food down. I believe there is something wrong with this batch and want to warn others. From a different can from the same case: Best before 11 2016. T0330057A 9453. Note: The fish flavored case I got recently seems to be just fine.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I bought Hills Science Diet Light for adult cats 1-6 and both of my cats are throwing up with one cat throwing up everything it ate within 5 minutes of eating. This is very scary as I am reading other reviews that sound the same. This might need to be food that is recalled.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

This morning my cat KIKI vomited blood. I was given the package of the Metabolic Kibble and 3 cans of cat food of the Metabolic dietary food. He had been on Prescription Diet WD for over 10 years successfully since he appeared overweight. Today is 11/07/14. I wrongly started giving the food within the last two weeks. This past weekend when I came home he was very aggressive - unlike him. I noticed he started vomiting liquid yesterday. This morning he vomited blood. I will be taking him to the Vet today. I will stop the metabolic kibble and canned food. And I am very disappointed in Hill company for allowing certain ingredients to be allowed in this food which appears to be dietary stimulants.

Remember I am a long time client of Prescription WD for my cat Kiki who originally had blocked bladders in the early 2001-2003. BEWARE ANY CAT OR DOG OWNER WHO IS CONSIDERING PRESCRIPTION METABOLIC FOOD. My cat could be severely damaged now. The 4 lb. bag states NOT FOR RESALE 1954 PT 302450, M132054 41 L3 077.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

I have fed my cats Science Diet for 20+ years. Purchased a new 17-lb bag on 9/8/14. After eating from new bag, cats started vomiting. At first I thought it was normal cat issues. The cats turned away from the food. Would not eat it even though they were clearly hungry. I stopped feeding the Science Diet and no more vomiting. Called Hill's and gave them the product #s. Best before 2016 R 28 8 2153 TG 209.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

2014.10.29 - We have two indoor cats who have been fed Science Diet Oral Care Dry Cat Food for the last 10 years, without any issues. I have tried other brands, but this is the one they prefer. I purchased a new bag recently, and opened it yesterday morning. The cats vomited multiple times last night and again this morning, which is truly unusual behavior for them. I suspect something is wrong with the food.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

I've experienced what several other reviewers have experienced. I think the food available in September/October 2014 is bad. My cat has been vomiting this food and it appears different. Has this food been tested? Not sure of the order number. One can number is T18323198-9448. If I could have a replacement batch that has a 2015 expiration, that might help since I just bought a 24 can I will not be able to use now.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

Your company recalled the Science Diet Adult Small & Toy Breed 15.5 lbs bag SKU 9097, Best Before Date 08 2015 M094. Product Name Bag Size SKU Best Before Date/ Production Code. Science Diet Adult Small & Toy Breed 15.5 lbs. 9097 08 2015 M094. I think you should recall the 4.5 lb. bag. Our rat terrier changed to the adult 1-6 from the puppy (and yes, we gradually introduced it to her) she threw up 5 times, after each time we fed her (which is 1/4 cup a.m. and 1/4 cup p.m.). She convulsed the 2nd night and I laid with her all night.

The 2nd day she refused to eat it but got hungry later and ate it. Became ill shortly after that throwing up. The 3rd day again she refused to eat it, got hungry, ate some later and had horrible diarrhea. We decided to put her on the Science Diet can food since we had no other food in the house for her and her stool returned to normal. This food is extremely strong smelling. I feel it is tainted and should be recalled. The SKU is 9096 (your recall is 9097 - the larger bag). The best before date is 08 2014 M2711509 SL 028. I think it's a coincidence that the SKU's are off by one number and both are for Adult Small & Toy Breed.

TO THE PUBLIC! Please be aware of the smaller bags that are probably tainted. If your dog or cat refuses to eat the food, gets diarrhea or vomits take that as a sign there is something wrong with the food. Science Diet said to return the product to the store as they guarantee 100%. Of course, we can't find the receipt so the bag will dumped. Report it right away to the FDA, Hill's and the store you purchased it from. I am hoping this will save your animals!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

My Poodle is 10 yrs old. From birth he had a very sensitive stomach and my vet and I worked day and night to get him the right diet and Hills Science Diet Prescription ZD did the trick for 10 yrs. Starting last month the 2016 batches consistency has changed and it's like a can of soft mucky liver paste. I called and questioned why this change. They not only gave me the run around but also my vet with all different reasons why it looks different. They range from trucking way too much to the starch not settling. Well my dog won't eat it---it has made him violently ill and has cost me a huge vet bill trying to weed out any other cause which there is none!!! I was able to get a few cans of the 2015 batch and he gobbled it down with no bad upset. We can't get any 2015 cans anymore. I'm frantic with to do. I'm afraid there is something really wrong with the food and it should be recalled. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I have 3 cats. I have been feeding them Science Diet dry cat food since I have had them (3 years). I did not have any problems with this food until last year. Last year my cats began to vomit after eating the food. I went online and began to research and found I was not the only one having this issue. I stopped feeding them Science Diet for a while, but they didn't seem to like any other food. So I purchased a new bag of Science Diet and all was fine. I thought okay, it must have just been a bad batch. Recently they have started to refuse the Science Diet food again! They flat out refused for an entire 24 hours! They eventually began eating, not even 5 minutes later all 3 cats began to vomit!!!

I called the vet and he assured me there was no recall on the food to his knowledge and advised me to feed them another brand canned food or regular human baby food (chicken). The vet seemed to think they might have gotten into something they weren't supposed to. I began feeding them canned Friskies and they ate it completely fine! I fed that to them a couple of days to let their stomachs rest per vet's orders. When I resumed feeding them Science Diet, again, they immediately began to vomit! I believe there is something wrong with this batch of food (purchased 9/7/14 in Quakertown, PA)! I do not have the best by date as we did not keep the packaging. I have contacted Science Diet and am still waiting on a response. In the meantime I think I'm done with this cat food for good.

Science Diet Company Information

Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.
    www.hillspet.com