2. Pets

Science Diet

4.0/5 (268 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Science Diet

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Science Diet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Science Diet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.?

Original review: April 14, 2019

This is the brand recommended by my vet. We get it at PetSmart, which is fun as the dog like the outing to get it. My dog is old and small and their Small Paws adult is perfect. It comes in a small enough bag, so it doesn't get stale before we use it all.

Original review: April 13, 2019

He seems to prefer Science Diet, and there is less waste in the yard. It is a tad expensive, but the elimination of effort in picking up after him makes it worthwhile.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The food was over processed, had very poor available protein, and because it was sold by a vet, was very expensive. Convinced by the greedy vet we stupidly bought the stuff for years, until our Pekinese dogs developed kidney problems and obesity. We put the dogs on homemade organic foods - mostly whole rabbit meat and within months they were much better. However, the damage had been done and they both died within days of each other. I will never trust a vet or Science Diet again.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We buy ours from Chewy.com and it arrives overnight. Our three dogs love it, one is a Cocker Spaniel mix, the other is a Chihuahua and the third is a Papillon mix. We buy the small dog mix. The vet also recommends it.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Kidney specific food has been a game changer for my older dog. He is having less issues (peeing in the house) and really enjoys the taste of the food (Science Diet) - he inhales it. Great product.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Purchased through the vet office so it is easy to get although more expensive. Not available through any retail outlets locally. Special urinary tract formula. Dog has had two urinary tract infections but none since she has been put on the SCIENCE Diet formula.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I get my Science Diet dog food from my Veterinarian. I have tried other brands from the market and he doesn't like it/them. It's expensive but it's worth it. I have recommended Science Diet to friends with dogs.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Our Bichon eats her bowl every night and she maintains the same weight 13 pounds. She is frisky and she is 14 years old. His smart, protective, LOVING, plays and opens our bed for every night. Bark and very strong, fearful bark "Don't go," when I leave, and then I get a bark, "Like where have you been??" She is very healthy.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Our dog had digestion issues with another good quality food, so we tried another brand. The issues continued, so we then switched to another quality food brand and the issues still continued. Finally we switched to Science Diet and his issues went away.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have used Science Diet for my 4 rescues dogs, over the last 37 years. All of them lived to their life expectancy, although most to cancer. So not sure if their food is good for them, but they did seem to like it. I believe it's a decent value & haven't heard that they have had any contamination concerns.

Science Diet Company Information

Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.
www.hillspet.com